VanillaSoft

Lead management software and CRM solution

Melissa A.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

VanillaSoft Pro CRM robust and easy to administrate

Reviewed on 2015/08/17

Pros

The company is extremely responsive to customer needs and support requests. When I started my company I needed a scalable CRM with a calendar solution for outside sales reps. Vanillasoft fit the bill in all respects for our niche utilization and blew all other options out of the water in terms of ease of configuration and use. Initially there wasn't an option to auto sync calendars with outside software. About six months after I submitted this as a suggestion, we had a working gmail synchronization capability at no development cost to us.

Cons

I am going to ignore the obvious inconvenience that is inherent to hosted services infrequent but nevertheless frustrating slowdowns or communication errors with the hosted server. The only actual disappointment I've had is also something I am sure this is a common problem across all vendors of SAAS solutions: updates and changes. While I love the constant effort at increasing functionality and streamlining usability, I simultaneously hate updates because my user base finds learning new procedures on the fly very challenging. There were several updates that affected my users which came as a surprise with no warning before or change log notification after. We had a few frantic hours of complete chaos. Also due to our company structure Vanillasoft is our sole avenue of completing work and we use the majority of its features quite intensely, so naturally if there is a bug in the new features... I will be the one to find it. There is however an upside at the end of this which supports what I said earlier about responsiveness. After requesting some kind of upgrade notes, all future upgrades have been well documented in advance. The most recent large scale remodel has the ability to switch back and forth between new and old versions and this has given me the ability to prepare my users for the inevitable permanent change over to the newest iteration.

Carrie B.

VanillaSoft has been a great tool to help us manage our call center.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

VanillaSoft has been a great tool to manage our prospecting efforts and coordinate communication with prospects.

Pros

The user interface is easy to navigate and understand. There are great features/functions that increase our productivity. We are able to integrate extra marketing touches, like emails and efaxes into campaigns that our callers can initiate with the click of a button.

Cons

Since we work with multiple client campaigns it is sometimes challenging to integrate with their CRM. I'd like to see API integrations for additional CRMs. They are in beta tests with Zapier, which should help.

Steven E.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

By far the most crucial tool in the success of my business.

Reviewed on 2018/04/18

Maximum efficiency, assists in organization, allows for multiple points of contact inside a small time frame, allows me to work with multiple clients simultaneously.

Pros

My favorite thing about VanillaSoft is that this platform allows me maximum efficiency, but requires minimal effort. It is an incredibly easy tool to use, and keeps me very well organized. Unlike other systems I've used in the past, VanillaSoft is a great value, and definitely worth the investment.

Cons

There was a time or two that I've observed the same lead being worked by two agents in our office at the same time, but I'm almost certain this was user error - not a malfunction with the software. Unless there's a way to program the cue to bypass a lead that is being worked, I have no complaints.

Christine B.

Vanilla Soft Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

I am a user, not an administrator, so my over all experience in the last 5 years has been great. IT is reliable, safe and easy to use.

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy it is to use. The concept is straight forward, and the reliability is key. I have used this software for over 5 years and very rarely have any issues. I am not a software wizard, and I have had no problems learning all the ins and outs.

Cons

What I like least about this software is sometimes it can be slow or stall. But that is with all CRM programs.

Jennifer S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

User friendly & so many features!

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

Easy to see where all leads are in the process. Can see which emails have been opened and may be most effective

Pros

I like that Vanilla Soft keeps all my leads organized and helps me to schedule appointments easily. Never miss a scheduled call or double book with this system. All appts are easy to see. Arrange views by day..week..month. send out auto emails for specific results!

Cons

Only downside is if you have a call run over into another time slot. That other call may not pop up after so you nay may miss a scheduled call.

David K.

Just What Inside Sales Teams Need

Reviewed on 2016/09/26

VanillaSoft is the perfect solution for Inside Sales teams that need to make lots of calls everyday. Unlike other solutions it is built for power dialing and makes our teams drastically more efficient. VanillaSoft elegantly programs their system to make things intuitive and easy to use. As a result, our team can easily learn how to use the system without extensive training. Overall the simplicity of VanillaSoft allows our team to focus on selling instead of navigating their CRM.

Pros

Easy to use with the right features you need to make sure your inside sales team is being as effective as possible!

Ray J.

Great business development tool for fast contact

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

It is a good system overall, despite lacking timely support.

Pros

Visibility of pertinent information on a contact is great, including other contacts at the same business.

Cons

Customer service is not great. There's a number of things you can't do yourself on the platform, such as changing attachment library size - 20MB is certainly not enough for a large agency with many clients and campaigns. We have called and emailed a number of times and has now been over a month with no response.

Paul L.

We find that VS provides a very robust solution. Great data capture, call routing, and...

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Improved productivity of our callers and better data capture. It's cost effective, and Support is terrific!

Pros

Ease of customization, ease of use, and clean & clear reporting. Ease of adjustments and the ability for users to record copious information about the contacts.

Cons

Sometimes latency issues restrict our ability to be proficient, but that also results from the Internet Routing, not necessarily the platform. VS has recently upgraded their hardware and we have seen awesome improvement.

Jessika M.

Easy system to use for marketing

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

I have used VanillaSoft for several years for marketing and advertising. I love the ease of uploading potential client information and marketing lists.

Pros

It's a super easy system to navigate and I love that it is web based, so that I am able to use this marketing tool from anywhere. I also love that I am able to toggle from previous updates.

Cons

So far I don't have any complaints with using VanillaSoft.

Brett H.

Outstanding Business Sales Tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

I really enjoy using VanillaSoft daily as it brings joy to my job and the clients I work with. I have developed countless relationships with many business owners and helped them out by offering my services to them all thanks to VanillaSoft. Without the tool I would not generate the leads necessary for my business as well as for the owners out there working incredibly hard to better their businesses.

Pros

I enjoyed the accessibility and organization that Vanillasoft presents me every day. It's easy to follow up with clients and also stay organized alongside the tasks I need to complete daily. I have developed so many outstanding relationships through Vanillasoft that I am forever grateful I starting using the program and helping business owners daily!

Cons

I dislike the automatically email send feature that we have set in place when emails are entered under a UCC's contact information. When emails are automatically sent after I press NOA or LVM it is very unprofessional and spamlike to our potential clients who we are trying to pursue business with.

Chris G.

We were able to get the CRM setup easily and quickly

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

Pros

The ease of use for callers and administrators. The company was able to customize and pull reports necessary to run our business.

Cons

Sometimes the customer support line was closed or the rep was not knowledgeable of the system. The system was also down frequently.

Michael K.
  • Industry: Wholesale

I use it for all of my call campaigns, and it increased my contact rate by over 200%!

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

The in-house VoIP is quite helpful in increasing the number of contacts per day. Another advantage is the ease at importing and exporting data to and from VanillaSoft.

Cons

There are a lot of extraneous features that I do not need to use. I am sure they are helpful to other clients, but as I am a department of one I do not need to assign call campaigns to multiple users.

Kyle H.
  • Industry: Accounting

VanillaSoft - GREAT SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Overall experience with VanillaSoft has been very positive. No major business issues have come up with the software preventing productivity that hasn't been solved - which is a major plus.

Pros

The best thing that I like about Vanilla Soft is it's user friendly compatibility. It is very easy to navigate and has made business incredibly simple.

Cons

I can't think of cons about Vanilla Soft at the moment.

Glen c. W.

Vanilla Soft Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Excellent. Would recommend this CRM highly

Pros

Ease of use and merging capability for email campaigns. Tracking information and click to call features

Cons

Sometimes a little slow but Customer Service impressive

Luke T.

Awesome product

Fantastic.

Pros

The ease of use is great, and it speeds up my workflow immensely. Can't imagine not having it now that I do.

Cons

There's not much I don't like. Perhaps the email drip could be improved.

Hemant W.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Perfect VOIP phone for any business

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

Overall it is a perfect solution to my cold calling job, I make continuous calls and it saves a lot of time and help me in focusing in my job.

Pros

It can be used anywhere - you just need to have internet connection.
Easy to install and use and can make conference call.

Cons

Sometimes it works slow and it hampers the productivity but it happens rarely

Raymond W.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Nearly Where I Need It to Be

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

Great time using Vanilla Soft! I have received assistance with the program, set up, and continued use within 24 hours (if not within 5 minutes on the phone). They have responded quickly when needing configurations outside of my admin and have a system that is useful for my phonathon fundraising! There have been times where I have had to call more than once for a recurring issue, but it has resolved within a few days of contact. Thank you Vanilla Soft.

Pros

For callers who have never used the program before, they were easily able to jump into calling and using to how we directed them to use it. Incredibly easy to use.

You are able to go back and see those who have called before if they are imported contacts from all imported calling ports.

Cons

There are times where I would like to use a certain result code or tab as to create reports but am not able to. Really my only con for this program at the moment.

Amy B.

The ease of Vanillsoft

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

We have much better contact and communication with our inquiries, it has helped us to increase enrollment.

Pros

Very easy to learn and navigate. I like having all the features at my fingertips, like text, email, call and keeping notes and comments.

Cons

In the beginning I lost some leads for awhile. But figured out what I was doing wrong.

Ernesto C.

vanilla software

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

great overall experience ,and great tech support as well as customer support

Pros

easy to use with minimal complications .

Cons

password complications,had to call to get help

CRM for Online Coaching

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

Pros

Productivity reports for both individual team member as well as the entire team.
Documentation of student conversations, emails, and or texts.
Customization of weekly emails and sample scripts.

Cons

Comparing individual student engagement trends to an entire cohort.

Thomas L.

Organize your calendar and disposition calls quickly with VanillaSoft

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

I really like how organized it is and how it integrates with my G-Calendar

Pros

I like how I can quickly go from lead to lead because the more dials I can make the more productive I am ($$)

Cons

I don't like how the advanced search query dissapears when you try to return to it, you have to restart a new advanced search all over again.

Lewis S.

Very Innovative System

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

Once the system is fine tuned it works like a charm.

Pros

The system can text email and call with one click. Organizes the leads and brings them up for you to call however often you want.

Cons

A little less complicated. It is hard to get it all situated and set up. I dont like how you can get blocked on SMS. lol

Eva J.

Easy and full featured

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

Pros

It allows me to keep a follow up calendar and to add new prospects with accuracy and ease.

Cons

I wish it didn't immediately bring up the record of a new prospect I just entered... I feel like it inaccurately impacts my stats.

Clarina H.

love it!

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Pros

organization. I love how you can see all reports for your performance.

Cons

really nothing. it is really a good app. I cant say anything

Whitney B.

VanillaSoft

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

It's has become easier to become aware of whether or not a student is already in the system. I love how it alerts you when you have typed in a number that is already in the system but under a different name.

Pros

I like the easy access, when it comes to searching for students or even putting in a new students information everything is very accessible

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about the software so far.