4.6 (1,671)
Write a Review!
Customer service software that boosts online sales.

(1,671)
4.5/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
4.6/5

Greg
Greg

LiveChat Connects Me to My Candidates Fast!

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

I get instant connection to my customers with tons of features, customizations, and robust reporting.

Pros

What I like most about LiveChat is it's reliability. When I began researching chat applications to recommend to a client for use in their recruiting efforts, I found a lot of options. I also found a lot of issues. Many of the applications I looked at were complicated and glitchy.

Then I found LiveChat. LiveChat just worked. It was solid application whether online or on my desktop and it handled chat conversations reliable while offering all the features I was looking for in a manned chat application. When I spoke with a representative from the company, I found out why.

LiveChat set out from the beginning to be a manned chat solution and to be the best in the business. I was kind of disappointed with this at the beginning, because I was hoping for a solution to handle both manned and bot style chats. LiveChat didn't have bots, but they were so far above every other manned chat platform, that I had to choose them.

Incidentally, they have developed a bot situation since I first signed up with them and it is just as robust. It's called botengine.ai and I highly recommend it. BotEngine integrates seamlessly with LiveChat and both applications work reliably with Facebook Messenger, Web Pages, Landing Pages, and more.

LiveChat offers tons of customization, professional looking interfaces, and robust reporting. I can easily use it on my desktop computer, my notebook, my tablet, or my phone. And just like I said before, it just works.

Cons

If there was anything to dislike about LiveChat, it would be that it is resource-intensive on my iMac. This is a casualty of my business, though. I have to use a lot of memory-hog applications every day, so a lot of times I will enable LiveChat just on my mobile device or my notebook while I'm working at my desk. That way I can still respond to chats without slowing down my main machine.

Sagar
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Chat live instantly with high feature.

Reviewed on 2021/06/27

Amazing chat platform
Client support make professional with live chat

Amazing chat platform
Client support make professional with live chat

Pros

Easy chat
Easy ticket management
Knowledge base management
Easy to search
Soft client supports

Cons

Application sometimes taking load to run except nothing can less as compare to cost

TeamSupport

Reasons for Choosing LiveChat

For the best and segregate platform for Client support

TeamSupport

Reasons for Switching to LiveChat

For best client management's Communication of client Providing best ticket support Well ticket management
Nina
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Only gotten worse over time..

Reviewed on 2020/02/16

Great for connecting with customers... When it actually works.

Great for connecting with customers... When it actually works.

Pros

Okay, I really loved this software at first. But then they started to change and add things, and every time they have something technical going on or update their software, the app stops working on my phone. With zero resolution from their 'technical team'.
In general, the software idea is great, but the execution and functionality aren't so great.

Cons

I have had technical issues with this software too many times now. The first time when they updated their app and software, the app stopped working on my phone. I contacted the tech team and they had to restore me to the older version in order for it to work. Later on, just recently, same thing - app stops working, I contact technical team and they can't do anything and tell me it is my phone.. Even though nothing had changed with my phone. I grew up around professional technicians my whole life, and am well aware of how these softwares work, and the technical team honestly does not know what they are doing there. This, this created an issue where I cannot provide the adequate customer service I need to for my business. I am switching to another chat provider next week, have had enough of the issues with this one. Not worth the money when there are better chat softwares out there.

Tami
  • Industry: Automotive

Easy solutions

Reviewed on 2024/03/19

Pros

I like that I can get answers without having to call and wait on hold or email and wait for a response

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while to get a person to chat with

Excellent Software For Your Website

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

The experience that i encountered with this software has been superb, it has helped our company turn live visitors into qualified prospective clients, in this day and age instant customer service and support are essential for any business.

We use live chat in combination with other software to complete the next steps in our prospect conversion and follow through.

Pros

I like how easy it is to deploy the software on my website and the customization ability that it provides to me.

One can customize everything from the chat design the colors and the pop ups the visitor will see. There is availability to custom design it to go with your websites design.

The software has availability for multiple users, and 3rd party app integration enabling us to take our prospective client from start to closing in our sales process

Cons

The only feature id like to be able to remove is the live chat link at the bottom of our chat pop up. Other than that everything is superb.

Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to LiveChat

We choose live chat because the deployment on our website was more simpler at the moment.
Cheryl
  • Industry: Automotive

Easy way to communicate with customers and shoppers

Reviewed on 2023/06/29

Would highly recommend as the software is basic and intuitive to use. Can easily train new employees within minutes of use. Customer support is excellent as well.

Pros

Easy of use of the software as it is intuitive and basic.

Cons

Sometime the notifications would be missed and we weren't sure if it was our hardware of the software itself.

Chioma

Live Chat is good for your ecommerce business

Reviewed on 2021/07/02

Live chat is user friendly and it is good for your website, be it ecommerce, blog etc.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate and use. You can easily queue up clients and talk to everyone in good time. Notifications are also prompt.

Cons

I liked everything about Live chat. No issues with it.

Drift

Reasons for Switching to LiveChat

Just liked the specifications I read about it.
Neel

Reviewed on 2023/02/21

My overall experience with this software is that it is great and it also very easy to use and manage.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that you can go back and see all of the chats you have had in the past.

Cons

What I liked least about this software is that if you you get too many chats it is a little hard to keep track which chat is which sometimes.

Google Chat

Reasons for Switching to LiveChat

I choose this software because I thought it would be best for my needs for my business.
Jonathan
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Live chat is an awesome feature to have

Reviewed on 2022/07/31

My overall experience with life Chat has been excellent and I have nothing to complain about only complaint that I have is that it’s made my life simpler now that was a joke but it has made my life simpler and there is nothing to complain they did an excellent job on this software

Pros

Once adding life chat to our website it’s been a great feature we’re able to get updates from patients that need help with our live chat link

Cons

There is nothing to talk bad about this software it has all the features that I want and that I like and may be a little bit extra

Tidio

Reasons for Switching to LiveChat

My friend recommended life chat so I went with their option
Mealica
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great experience

Reviewed on 2022/09/22

my overall experience is wonderful I would recommend this to any company or organization that wants quality and standards

Pros

I like that when communicating with customers u can hear them and they can hear u with any buffing and when ever we do meetings on the live chat its great experience

Cons

I really don't have any thing that I can say that I like least about this software

Dhruvil
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Live Chat Software Review for Office Communication

Reviewed on 2023/05/11

Live chat software is a powerful tool for office communication, offering a range of features that can improve team collaboration, communication, and productivity. Its real-time communication, accessibility, notification system, collaboration, and searchable chat history make it a popular choice for many teams. However, its potential for distractions, security risks, miscommunication, lack of face-to-face interaction, and overreliance are potential drawbacks to consider when deciding whether live chat software is the right tool for your office communication needs. It is important to weigh the pros and cons carefully and consider the specific needs and preferences of your team before implementing live chat software.

Pros

1. Real-time Communication: Live chat software provides real-time communication between team members, allowing for quick and efficient communication.2. Accessibility: Live chat software can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection, making it easy for remote team members to stay connected with the rest of the team.3. Notification System: Live chat software typically has a notification system that alerts team members when new messages are received. This feature ensures that team members do not miss important messages.4. Collaboration: Live chat software can be used for collaboration, allowing team members to share files, links, and other resources in real-time.5. Searchable Chat History: Live chat software typically has a searchable chat history, making it easy to find previous conversations and information.

Cons

1. Distractions: Live chat software can be a distraction for some team members, especially those who are easily distracted by notifications and messages.2. Security: Live chat software may pose security risks if sensitive information is discussed over the platform without proper encryption and security measures.3. Miscommunication: Live chat software may lead to miscommunication or misunderstandings if team members misinterpret messages or tone.4. Lack of Face-to-Face Interaction: Live chat software does not provide face-to-face interaction, which can be important for building relationships and understanding tone.5. Overreliance: Overreliance on live chat software can lead to a lack of in-person communication, which may hinder team bonding and creativity.

James

Apps for everyone!

Reviewed on 2018/07/29

We love LiveChat. The availability of the apps that span across different operating systems is a huge bonus and was what initially drew us to the program. Our customers love the program going from chat to form, as they can contact us when we are not available to answer a chat. While the price is a little higher than other live chat clients, this one is worth the price because of the use by multiple agents on a single license. This sold us on the program, and we will continue to use it until it is no longer supported. It’s definitely worth it.

Pros

Apps. Many other live chat options do not include apps, especially not ones that work across both Android, Apple, Mac, and PC. It’s handy in case you are not in front of a computer or have to go from a Mac to a PC, then you have access on both. The fact that multiple agents can use the program (though only one at a time per license!) is very important. Many other live chat programs allow only one per person. This adds up quickly when you have more than one agent. The ability to change the website widget from a chat to a form is great on weekends or after business hours. This allows customers to be able to contact you without having to wait for business hours.

Cons

The only slight con is the cost of the product, but this is offset by the ability for multiple agents to use one license, as long as only one is logged on at a time. To do the same with other programs, you would have to purchase more than one license. So, the cost is justified, but there is still the initial sticker-shock. If the price were a little bit lower, we would be able to purchase two licenses and have two people on at the same time. However, the ability to have more than one person use the license makes it seem like we have loads of agents on at the same time. We did experience one or two bugs, but the tech support was able to fix them quickly so that we were back online within minutes.

Dan
Dan

Live chat is a feature that allows individuals to communicate with each other in real time

Reviewed on 2022/12/24

Convenience: Customers can communicate with businesses through live chat from any device with an internet connection, making it a convenient option for those who may not have access to a phone or who prefer to communicate digitally.

Pros

Quick response times: Live chat allows businesses to quickly respond to customer inquiries, helping to resolve issues and improve the customer experience

Cons

There are several potential drawbacks to using live chat as a customer service or support tool: Limited hours of operation: Live chat may not be available 24/7, which means that customers may not be able to get help when they need it. Limited ability to handle complex issues: Live chat is generally best suited for handling simple, straightforward questions or issues. More complex or technical problems may be better suited for phone or email support. Limited ability to handle multiple customers at once: Live chat agents can typically only handle one conversation at a time, which means that customers may have to wait for a response if the agent is busy with another customer. Limited ability to handle non-text based communication: Live chat is a text-based communication channel, which means that it may not be suitable for customers who have difficulty reading or writing, or for handling visual or audio-based issues. Potential for misunderstandings: Live chat conversations can be more prone to misunderstandings than other forms of communication, as there is no visual or auditory context to help convey meaning. This can lead to frustration for both customers and support staff.

Paul
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Perfect Way to Instantly Talk to Your Customers

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

LiveChat is a great way to help customers in realtime making you very accesible to customers helping to grow your business and client base. Definitely a great tool for any small business.

Pros

Having looked at many Chat programs we found the best was LiveChat. You don't have to be at your computer all day waiting to see if a chat is coming in because with LiveChat you can download the app and chat with your customers on the go. Utilizing and setting up the chat is very simple and easy to use. You can do it yourself if you have some knowledge of setting up your website or you can have your webhost do it for you by simply dropping in a simple code. You will be up and running in minutes. You can customize your logo if you wish and it is easy to communicate. Adds the touch of helping customers out if they need direction or information.

Cons

There are a couple of cons that we have run into with LiveChat. Recently this problem has been better but from time to time you will not get instant notification if you are relying on the app to use for chatting. The only downside is if the delay is too long you may miss the opportunity to chat with the customer. The other issue we have seen is that the customer can leave a message but you don't really get notification all the time if a message was left so you are on your own to make sure to check for a message.

Daniel
Daniel
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Livechat immediately adjusts customer service

Reviewed on 2023/08/09

With Livechat, our customers have real-time access to the Customer Service and Sales department. It is very credible and also easy for novices to learn. Livechat comes with tons of features that benefit customer service reps by enabling them to work faster and more efficiently. The cost is justified, and recently the Livechat group introduced my institution to a Chatbot, which improved the performance of the customer service force by reducing the number of questions they have to answer. I believe Livechat is optimal for companies with customer service areas that wanted to have a training program for their support staff. Institutions that wanted a cost-effective but efficient way to communicate in real time with consumers also found Livechat to be a good fit.

Pros

Livechat provides a day-by-day chat conversation summary, which offers a synthetic view of the evolution of the day-by-day performance statistics of the customer support area. The chat stickers help me find specific discussions within the thousands of discussions the customer support staff has had with travelers on the website. Livechat comes with a mobile-friendly chat plug-in that fits on the vast majority of the latest generation of smartphone screens. As a result, website users have a good experience when chatting with our representatives, regardless of the size of their computer or mobile screen.

Cons

Extremely happy with Livechat. There are no complaints that I can think of at this time.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Great software just wish it integrated with messaging software for easier time maintaining...

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Helped us give a better appearance of being on top of the technical world. We did a get a few leads, but not enough for the time needed to maintain the platform for us to keep it. Great if you have a larger staff (staff of 19 with one person available), or if you are willing to invest in the bot and still have someone to maintain as half of their job. Or that is what I found.

Pros

Very easy to use. Highly editable. Support has been FANTASTIC. We changed owners and needed to switch things over, they were so helpful in guidance. Great response on our website.

Cons

How it had to be constantly watched.

I wish it could do some of the following.
Integrate with messaging app (like iMessage)
We would have loved to have multiple people use this for Sales and Service but it was so expensive to have one more license. It would be nice if there were levels, least expensive one license, next level 5-10 and so on.

Options for small businesses to help support them, we only have on person who can barely watch the program(which is why we have discontinued it's use at this time). When that person is constantly watching it great results when they are not, it's barely worth the money we are spending.

Would be neat to see if it could integrate with Apple Business Messages

Douglas
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

LiveChat Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

It's been positive overall, aside from dealing with privacy concerns for GDPR, such as IP address collection and lack of admin controls for this feature. While many visitors do not use chat, some do, and those that have used it have found it very helpful, and it has resulted in some additional conversions that may have not occurred otherwise.

Pros

- Ease of setup
- Reliable operation
- User-friendly operational/agent interface
- Ability to customize pre-questions to gain consent for personal info collection, etc.

Cons

- Support for options to increase privacy protection of site visitors (ie, for EU GDPR compliance) could be better. For example, disabling IP address collection requires a special support request and then it is entirely removed. It would be much better if IP address enable/disable was an admin-controlled setting that, if enabled, would only remove the last octet of the IP address (like Google Analytics does for IP anonymization) so that geo info could still be collected but without the precision that would create a personal info privacy concern.
- Blocking of bot-crawlers from the customer/visitor list is desperately needed, as they present a nuisance to agent operations.
- The clearing of the customer list info seems to occur at random/unpredictable points in time -- this should be explained and there should be a button to allow manual clearing of the list by the agent.
- The customer/visitor view options should include an "all current visitors" option so that all current visitors , whether invited or browsing, can be seen in one view.
- Filters should be expanded to work for all fields, and should be persistent and be able to be saved so that switching views or restarting the application does not cause filter setups to be lost.
- There should be a master enable/disable setting to deactivate LiveChat when desired, without the need to go into Wordpress and disable the plugin.

Kaleb
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great for our needs

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

We're the online arm of a century old shoe repair business, and wanted to offer a way for our customers to quickly ask questions about potential repairs, check order status, etc. without the need to call or send an email and wait for a reply. At first I was against having a chat function because I believed it would take up too many resources from our small processing staff; having to sit in front of the computer all day and waiting to see if a chat came in - they have lots of other things they could be doing rather than sitting in front of the computer. Using LiveChat's API functionality, I was able to some custom programming and integrated LiveChat with some Philips Hue lightbulbs, so now whenever a chat comes in, there are lights that start flashing all over the builiding so we know to get in front of the computer, but that leaves us free to go about our regular business during the day and saves us from having to keep one person tied up looking at the computer. It's worked out great for us so far!

Pros

We find LiveChat to be very user friendly, and especially like the API functionality.

Cons

I can't really think of anything we dislike about LiveChat, it suits our needs perfectly.

Response from LiveChat Software

Hi Kaleb,

Thank you and really happy you like using LiveChat, we do our best to make it even better, every day!

If by chance, you had a moment to leave us a review at WordPress, it would help us even more deliver the best live chat experience to our WordPress users:

Cheers,
LiveChat team

Laura
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 2022/11/15

Overall the experience has been good, this tool helps us to handle the customers in a fast and effective way, it makes our jobs easier and optimized while providing the customers with more than a channel to get to us, while allowing my coworkers the best options to assist the customers.

Pros

I like the fact that LiveChat provides me a fast communication with our customers. I also like the fact that LiveChat provides all the tools needed to develop and manage our business as a company. It is very easy for customers to reach out to us directly since it goes very well with social media platforms, making it easier to handle the customer's inquiries and concerns.

Cons

While LiveChat works nice as a work desk for our LOB, it is a bit expensive compared to its competitors, since we have encountered issues while receiving the chats where there is a little bit of lag, and also the fact that the number of agents that we can have logged in is limited. We have encountered some other delays when reporting errors/issues to the support team.

Victor
Victor

No Helpdesk solution beats Livechat.

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Livechat has helped my organization grow its email marketing list via its integration with Mailchimp. Primarily,Livechat has led to reduced bounce rate on our website and also a faster response time to customer complaints.

Pros

Livechat is the most intuitive Helpdesk solution I have tried.It has got a reliable support team for companies and organizations using it.I like the regular email newsletters sent to users by Olga Kolodynska of Livechat ; these newsletters provides insights into newer ways via which we can maximize Livechat to close more sales ,reduce website bounce rate and increase revenue for my organization.
I also like how I am able to respond to tickets opened by our customers by simply replying to the email notification sent by Livechat as against logging into the Livechat interface itself.

Cons

Inability to respond to tickets via the mobile app.At the current time,the Livechat smartphone app. Is only used to chat with web visitors.There is no way to transfer chats ,or even make use of the canned response feature via the Livechat app.

Manoj

bad ticketing system

Reviewed on 2016/10/14

All here are talking on Chat feature, that is really nice comparing to available on the earth!
It's...

It's not the complete solution to customer support requirement. Need to use another helpdesk solution for ticketing and email reply.

Ticketing system is really bad, no separate canned reply available, need to use same available in chat. The reply emails can't be customized and very "old n ugly" interface displayed to end user in reply email. Powered by Livechat" can't removed in ticket reply.

I contacted to support desk on this, but not answered well: "Yes our product manager know this..., we will update you." No proper/firm answer "When I can modify this ticket reply?". I think, they will see your subscription period, say for 1 year then standard answers. Might be different experience in trial or monthly subscribers.

I am finally searching for good ticketing/email reply service.... search never ends for customer support team for good all in 1 solution!

Pros

chat is instant, fast reply and appropriate geo-location.

Cons

Ticket system is really need "good modern interface" updation. Customization options are not available for ticket system. Need to work hard on ticketing seriously, comparing to helpdesk, desk.com or groove

Response from LiveChat Software

I'm sure there are improvements that can be made. Thank you for the detailed review, Manoj.

ps. If you are looking for certain canned responses we suggest using a grouping system. Something like a prefix before an initial canned response. t_ (for tickets - #t_sales) and/or c_ (for chats -#c_chats). This way, you will narrow down the list of available tags.

Shree Chandra

Live chat

Reviewed on 2023/05/15

The software's customer's features and multi-channel support have customers to create a seamless customer experience the analytics and reporting tools have enabled agents to manage we chats and respond quickly to customer inquiries. Overall, LiveChat has received positive reviews for its user-friendliness, reliability and effectiveness in helping businesses improve we customer service.

Pros

LiveChat has features that help all customers management their problem load effective such as canned responbility keyboard shortcuts and chat history.

Cons

LiveChat to all costumers with analisis and reporting machine to measure the performance of their customer service team, such as chat duration, customer satisfaction ratings and agent productivity

Stay in touch with customers

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

We are able to include LiveChat on certain pages of our website to get the best customer interaction. Our representatives like using LC because it is easy and there are never any issues. Customers have never complained about our LC function and use it often to ask questions. We love it!

Pros

Live Chat is super easy to use and our reps have no complaints. We have had a great experience with our customers as well and implementing it onto our website. Customers can easily speak to a real person through chat and get a fast response. We can see what customers are typing so we can prepare to answer quickly and with enough time to provide the best answer.

Cons

I do not like the stock photos included. It's not a big deal since we use real photos of our staff, but for those who want to use a stock photo - many of them look too fake and almost uninviting. Not a huge deal breaker obviously, as the product itself is great, but in case you have to use this feature.

Rachel
Rachel
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

With LiveChat we can serve our customers in real time

Reviewed on 2022/05/09

This tool has helped us to meet the demands of our customers in record time, being able to respond to their requests through different channels such as live chat. The different integrations that allows other software, makes it a very complete software to have a fluid communication with customers. This software has allowed us to improve communication with our clients, it allows us to be aware of their needs in real time. Its learning curve is very low, which allowed us to get the most out of it in the shortest time possible. Undoubtedly highly recommended.

Pros

I like the chat that we can use on our website, responding in real time to customer requests and questions. The software is very easy to use and very intuitive. Its reports are quite complete, with all the relevant information of incidents and reports.

Cons

Although it is a plus that it has a mobile application, the truth is that it lacks many of the functions that its web version has, which makes it impossible for me to use it in the same way as if it were on the computer, with all its functions and tools. We had a hard time installing the software and making it work 100%.

Jeremy

One of the best if not the best

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Very good and couldn’t run our business without it, look forward to future improvements.

Pros

Excellent feature set and customization especially on the desktop app. Works great with woocommerce.

Cons

Mobile app support has been a little flaky with login issues for almost a year. Seems latest update to the iOS app has mostly fixed this but still some lingering issues. So many more features could be added to the app as well. Also don’t like that you have to be on upper tiers to have a simple feature like hours available. We often forget to close the app down and have customers trying to reach us off hours.

Response from LiveChat Software

Hi Jeremy,

Cheers,