LiveChat

4,6 (1 653)
Customer service software that boosts online sales.

(1 653)

Dan
Dan

Live chat is a feature that allows individuals to communicate with each other in real time

Reviewed on 2022/12/24

Convenience: Customers can communicate with businesses through live chat from any device with an internet connection, making it a convenient option for those who may not have access to a phone or who prefer to communicate digitally.

Pros

Quick response times: Live chat allows businesses to quickly respond to customer inquiries, helping to resolve issues and improve the customer experience

Cons

There are several potential drawbacks to using live chat as a customer service or support tool: Limited hours of operation: Live chat may not be available 24/7, which means that customers may not be able to get help when they need it. Limited ability to handle complex issues: Live chat is generally best suited for handling simple, straightforward questions or issues. More complex or technical problems may be better suited for phone or email support. Limited ability to handle multiple customers at once: Live chat agents can typically only handle one conversation at a time, which means that customers may have to wait for a response if the agent is busy with another customer. Limited ability to handle non-text based communication: Live chat is a text-based communication channel, which means that it may not be suitable for customers who have difficulty reading or writing, or for handling visual or audio-based issues. Potential for misunderstandings: Live chat conversations can be more prone to misunderstandings than other forms of communication, as there is no visual or auditory context to help convey meaning. This can lead to frustration for both customers and support staff.

Sagar
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Chat live instantly with high feature.

Reviewed on 2021/06/27

Amazing chat platform
Client support make professional with live chat

Amazing chat platform
Client support make professional with live chat

Pros

Easy chat
Easy ticket management
Knowledge base management
Easy to search
Soft client supports

Cons

Application sometimes taking load to run except nothing can less as compare to cost

TeamSupport

Reasons for Choosing LiveChat

For the best and segregate platform for Client support

TeamSupport

Reasons for Switching to LiveChat

For best client management's Communication of client Providing best ticket support Well ticket management
Nina
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Only gotten worse over time..

Reviewed on 2020/02/16

Great for connecting with customers... When it actually works.

Great for connecting with customers... When it actually works.

Pros

Okay, I really loved this software at first. But then they started to change and add things, and every time they have something technical going on or update their software, the app stops working on my phone. With zero resolution from their 'technical team'.
In general, the software idea is great, but the execution and functionality aren't so great.

Cons

I have had technical issues with this software too many times now. The first time when they updated their app and software, the app stopped working on my phone. I contacted the tech team and they had to restore me to the older version in order for it to work. Later on, just recently, same thing - app stops working, I contact technical team and they can't do anything and tell me it is my phone.. Even though nothing had changed with my phone. I grew up around professional technicians my whole life, and am well aware of how these softwares work, and the technical team honestly does not know what they are doing there. This, this created an issue where I cannot provide the adequate customer service I need to for my business. I am switching to another chat provider next week, have had enough of the issues with this one. Not worth the money when there are better chat softwares out there.

matt

LiveChat Review

Reviewed on 2023/11/11

Its been very positive. Customers like it and the staff enjoys being able to chat with customers even when they are away from the office or their desk

Pros

Enables customers to actually chat with a live body online instead of speaking over the phone and allows for instant answers.

Cons

There is really no downside to LiveChat. We are a tech centered generation and people want instant satisfaction and LiveChat does that

Chioma

Live Chat is good for your ecommerce business

Reviewed on 2021/07/02

Live chat is user friendly and it is good for your website, be it ecommerce, blog etc.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate and use. You can easily queue up clients and talk to everyone in good time. Notifications are also prompt.

Cons

I liked everything about Live chat. No issues with it.

Drift

Reasons for Switching to LiveChat

Just liked the specifications I read about it.
Daniel
Daniel
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Livechat immediately adjusts customer service

Reviewed on 2023/08/09

With Livechat, our customers have real-time access to the Customer Service and Sales department. It is very credible and also easy for novices to learn. Livechat comes with tons of features that benefit customer service reps by enabling them to work faster and more efficiently. The cost is justified, and recently the Livechat group introduced my institution to a Chatbot, which improved the performance of the customer service force by reducing the number of questions they have to answer. I believe Livechat is optimal for companies with customer service areas that wanted to have a training program for their support staff. Institutions that wanted a cost-effective but efficient way to communicate in real time with consumers also found Livechat to be a good fit.

Pros

Livechat provides a day-by-day chat conversation summary, which offers a synthetic view of the evolution of the day-by-day performance statistics of the customer support area. The chat stickers help me find specific discussions within the thousands of discussions the customer support staff has had with travelers on the website. Livechat comes with a mobile-friendly chat plug-in that fits on the vast majority of the latest generation of smartphone screens. As a result, website users have a good experience when chatting with our representatives, regardless of the size of their computer or mobile screen.

Cons

Extremely happy with Livechat. There are no complaints that I can think of at this time.

mahfujur rahman

Hassle free live chat

Reviewed on 2023/12/02

In my opinion there is no alternative to LiveChat. I just love it.

In my opinion there is no alternative to LiveChat. I just love it.

Pros

The quality is of LiveChat is beyond description. It construct a break free connection.

Cons

Ads are annoying though recently they have improved.

Laly Noya
Laly Noya
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

LiveChat is Reliable

Reviewed on 2023/11/12

Overall my experience with using Live Chat is positive.

Overall my experience with using Live Chat is positive.

Pros

I like every aspect of the Live Chat feature.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about using LiveChat.

Irma
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Livechat Review

Reviewed on 2023/11/25

My overall experience with livechat has been really positive my clients are happy that we are able to respond fast to them to their doubts, or even if they have trouble with something there is always someone there to help them and support them.

Pros

The thing I like the most about Livechat is how fast you can be in contact with your clients either if its for some information, for a payment process or a follow up this is a customer service tool that has help our business a lot,

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Livechat, we are still in the free trial but either way the price is good.

David
David

Very good, very high quality, but expensive.

Reviewed on 2023/10/19

I am completely satisfied with what I experienced. Probably one of the best systems of its kind on the market.

Pros

You can see that a lot of time and effort has been put into its development. The user interfaces are well thought out and everything works as it should. Among the many other features, it was the Chat that really caught my eye.

Cons

I cannot complain about the product itself. The pricing could be more affordable.

Dhruvil

Live Chat Software Review for Office Communication

Reviewed on 2023/05/11

Live chat software is a powerful tool for office communication, offering a range of features that can improve team collaboration, communication, and productivity. Its real-time communication, accessibility, notification system, collaboration, and searchable chat history make it a popular choice for many teams. However, its potential for distractions, security risks, miscommunication, lack of face-to-face interaction, and overreliance are potential drawbacks to consider when deciding whether live chat software is the right tool for your office communication needs. It is important to weigh the pros and cons carefully and consider the specific needs and preferences of your team before implementing live chat software.

Pros

1. Real-time Communication: Live chat software provides real-time communication between team members, allowing for quick and efficient communication.2. Accessibility: Live chat software can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection, making it easy for remote team members to stay connected with the rest of the team.3. Notification System: Live chat software typically has a notification system that alerts team members when new messages are received. This feature ensures that team members do not miss important messages.4. Collaboration: Live chat software can be used for collaboration, allowing team members to share files, links, and other resources in real-time.5. Searchable Chat History: Live chat software typically has a searchable chat history, making it easy to find previous conversations and information.

Cons

1. Distractions: Live chat software can be a distraction for some team members, especially those who are easily distracted by notifications and messages.2. Security: Live chat software may pose security risks if sensitive information is discussed over the platform without proper encryption and security measures.3. Miscommunication: Live chat software may lead to miscommunication or misunderstandings if team members misinterpret messages or tone.4. Lack of Face-to-Face Interaction: Live chat software does not provide face-to-face interaction, which can be important for building relationships and understanding tone.5. Overreliance: Overreliance on live chat software can lead to a lack of in-person communication, which may hinder team bonding and creativity.

James

Apps for everyone!

Reviewed on 2018/07/29

We love LiveChat. The availability of the apps that span across different operating systems is a huge bonus and was what initially drew us to the program. Our customers love the program going from chat to form, as they can contact us when we are not available to answer a chat. While the price is a little higher than other live chat clients, this one is worth the price because of the use by multiple agents on a single license. This sold us on the program, and we will continue to use it until it is no longer supported. It’s definitely worth it.

Pros

Apps. Many other live chat options do not include apps, especially not ones that work across both Android, Apple, Mac, and PC. It’s handy in case you are not in front of a computer or have to go from a Mac to a PC, then you have access on both. The fact that multiple agents can use the program (though only one at a time per license!) is very important. Many other live chat programs allow only one per person. This adds up quickly when you have more than one agent. The ability to change the website widget from a chat to a form is great on weekends or after business hours. This allows customers to be able to contact you without having to wait for business hours.

Cons

The only slight con is the cost of the product, but this is offset by the ability for multiple agents to use one license, as long as only one is logged on at a time. To do the same with other programs, you would have to purchase more than one license. So, the cost is justified, but there is still the initial sticker-shock. If the price were a little bit lower, we would be able to purchase two licenses and have two people on at the same time. However, the ability to have more than one person use the license makes it seem like we have loads of agents on at the same time. We did experience one or two bugs, but the tech support was able to fix them quickly so that we were back online within minutes.

Christy
Christy

LiveChat is Great!

Reviewed on 2015/11/04

We've been using LiveChat for almost 2 years now. It's been so helpful to see who's on our site when they are actually there and to be able to help them when they need it (which keeps them from straying)! We are an incorporation services provider and people often have lots of questions when they are searching for a provider in this field. Though we have the answers to most of those questions on our site, people often want to clarify or they may feel lost when ordering. Having LiveChat makes it easier for our potential clients to reach out to us without having to leave our site or even to pick up the phone. Instant gratification! Thanks to LiveChat, we've been able to quickly convert those people with questions into clients.

Pros

Visitor data is so very helpful for us. When a client has an issue while ordering, it helps us to know what browser they are using. It is also quite helpful for us to know where they are connecting from (country or state) as this can determine what kinds of services they need.

Also included with the visitor data are the IP, and the pages visited (and for how long they stayed on those pages). This lets us know about where the visitor decided to leave and what they were looking for...and if we feel the need, we can offer to chat with them (rather than waiting for them to start one with us).

LiveChat also makes a verbal announcement when we get a visitor to the site, informing us as to whether they are "new" or "returning" visitors. There is also a verbal announcement when someone initiates a chat ("incoming chat").

The ticket feature is also helpful. When the office is closed or if the technician is away from their desk, the clients can leave a message for us to follow-up later.

Cons

It would be very helpful if the visitor data were logged and saved for reporting purposes via LiveChat. This historical data might prove useful to us when making changes to our site.

It would be nice if the incoming chat would also pop-up a separate window. Sometimes I have my volume down or off when I am on the phone and I've almost missed chats that way.

• Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Livechat exceeds our expectations.

Reviewed on 2023/06/27

Livechat is an invaluable tool that enables seamless communication with potential clients across various mediums of their preference. Its integration within my department has significantly enhanced our interactions, leading to higher satisfaction rates among first-time clients and reduced query resolution times. Moreover, Livechat serves as a powerful tool for converting interested prospects into paying clients, further contributing to the success of our business.

Pros

The Livechat team consistently delivers exceptional support, which has greatly enhanced our experience with the software. They promptly address any challenges we encounter and continuously provide valuable resources to optimize our usage of the Livechat platform. Moreover, the extensive range of high-quality features available to us sets Livechat apart from being just a helpdesk solution. Our utilization of Livechat has expanded beyond expectations, thanks to the outstanding features it offers.

Cons

The addition of a lifetime ban feature is highly necessary to effectively handle trolls. The current option to ban individuals for only a few weeks falls short when dealing with persistent trolls.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Great software just wish it integrated with messaging software for easier time maintaining...

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Helped us give a better appearance of being on top of the technical world. We did a get a few leads, but not enough for the time needed to maintain the platform for us to keep it. Great if you have a larger staff (staff of 19 with one person available), or if you are willing to invest in the bot and still have someone to maintain as half of their job. Or that is what I found.

Pros

Very easy to use. Highly editable. Support has been FANTASTIC. We changed owners and needed to switch things over, they were so helpful in guidance. Great response on our website.

Cons

How it had to be constantly watched.

I wish it could do some of the following.
Integrate with messaging app (like iMessage)
We would have loved to have multiple people use this for Sales and Service but it was so expensive to have one more license. It would be nice if there were levels, least expensive one license, next level 5-10 and so on.

Options for small businesses to help support them, we only have on person who can barely watch the program(which is why we have discontinued it's use at this time). When that person is constantly watching it great results when they are not, it's barely worth the money we are spending.

Would be neat to see if it could integrate with Apple Business Messages

Carrie
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Best for customer service via live chat and for advanced analytics to improve performance

Reviewed on 2022/12/25

Through our use of Livechat, our method of dealing with customer inquiries via live chat has evolved, as the analyzes provided to us helped us with this, as it enabled us to see in detail what customers prefer.

Pros

I greatly appreciate the capabilities that Livechat provides us, as it allows us to receive inquiries from those interested who browse our advertisements that we publish on social networking sites, where he can communicate with us directly by clicking on the links embedded in the advertisements, which increases interaction and improves response speed and increases our capabilities To reach potential customers more quickly. Livechat's artificial intelligence is very advanced, as it enables us to obtain detailed reports showing the extent of our employees' interaction with site visitors and customers during live chat, and thus we can always make appropriate improvements that suit customers' aspirations.

Cons

Livechat is almost flawless, as I have not tested any complex issues or any difficult tools to use. The user interface is clear in detail and easy to deal with to perform the tasks as required.

Kaleb

Great for our needs

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

We're the online arm of a century old shoe repair business, and wanted to offer a way for our customers to quickly ask questions about potential repairs, check order status, etc. without the need to call or send an email and wait for a reply. At first I was against having a chat function because I believed it would take up too many resources from our small processing staff; having to sit in front of the computer all day and waiting to see if a chat came in - they have lots of other things they could be doing rather than sitting in front of the computer. Using LiveChat's API functionality, I was able to some custom programming and integrated LiveChat with some Philips Hue lightbulbs, so now whenever a chat comes in, there are lights that start flashing all over the builiding so we know to get in front of the computer, but that leaves us free to go about our regular business during the day and saves us from having to keep one person tied up looking at the computer. It's worked out great for us so far!

Pros

We find LiveChat to be very user friendly, and especially like the API functionality.

Cons

I can't really think of anything we dislike about LiveChat, it suits our needs perfectly.

Response from LiveChat Software

Hi Kaleb,

Thank you and really happy you like using LiveChat, we do our best to make it even better, every day!

If by chance, you had a moment to leave us a review at WordPress, it would help us even more deliver the best live chat experience to our WordPress users:

Cheers,
LiveChat team

Laura
  • Industry: Telecommunications

LiveChat

Reviewed on 2022/11/15

Overall the experience has been good, this tool helps us to handle the customers in a fast and effective way, it makes our jobs easier and optimized while providing the customers with more than a channel to get to us, while allowing my coworkers the best options to assist the customers.

Pros

I like the fact that LiveChat provides me a fast communication with our customers. I also like the fact that LiveChat provides all the tools needed to develop and manage our business as a company. It is very easy for customers to reach out to us directly since it goes very well with social media platforms, making it easier to handle the customer's inquiries and concerns.

Cons

While LiveChat works nice as a work desk for our LOB, it is a bit expensive compared to its competitors, since we have encountered issues while receiving the chats where there is a little bit of lag, and also the fact that the number of agents that we can have logged in is limited. We have encountered some other delays when reporting errors/issues to the support team.

Victor
Victor

No Helpdesk solution beats Livechat.

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Livechat has helped my organization grow its email marketing list via its integration with Mailchimp. Primarily,Livechat has led to reduced bounce rate on our website and also a faster response time to customer complaints.

Pros

Livechat is the most intuitive Helpdesk solution I have tried.It has got a reliable support team for companies and organizations using it.I like the regular email newsletters sent to users by Olga Kolodynska of Livechat ; these newsletters provides insights into newer ways via which we can maximize Livechat to close more sales ,reduce website bounce rate and increase revenue for my organization.
I also like how I am able to respond to tickets opened by our customers by simply replying to the email notification sent by Livechat as against logging into the Livechat interface itself.

Cons

Inability to respond to tickets via the mobile app.At the current time,the Livechat smartphone app. Is only used to chat with web visitors.There is no way to transfer chats ,or even make use of the canned response feature via the Livechat app.

Imran
Imran

One stop solution for customer service portal and helpdesk

Reviewed on 2022/06/23

Best customer help desk portal out there. It's been a delight using live chat

Best customer help desk portal out there. It's been a delight using live chat

Pros

You can maintain anything from general query of a customer via live chat to managing a dashboard with all kinds of matrix

Cons

None that i can think of right now, they're pretty good at solving a problems

HubSpot CRM

tawk.to
Shree Chandra

Live chat

Reviewed on 2023/05/15

The software's customer's features and multi-channel support have customers to create a seamless customer experience the analytics and reporting tools have enabled agents to manage we chats and respond quickly to customer inquiries. Overall, LiveChat has received positive reviews for its user-friendliness, reliability and effectiveness in helping businesses improve we customer service.

Pros

LiveChat has features that help all customers management their problem load effective such as canned responbility keyboard shortcuts and chat history.

Cons

LiveChat to all costumers with analisis and reporting machine to measure the performance of their customer service team, such as chat duration, customer satisfaction ratings and agent productivity

Stay in touch with customers

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

We are able to include LiveChat on certain pages of our website to get the best customer interaction. Our representatives like using LC because it is easy and there are never any issues. Customers have never complained about our LC function and use it often to ask questions. We love it!

Pros

Live Chat is super easy to use and our reps have no complaints. We have had a great experience with our customers as well and implementing it onto our website. Customers can easily speak to a real person through chat and get a fast response. We can see what customers are typing so we can prepare to answer quickly and with enough time to provide the best answer.

Cons

I do not like the stock photos included. It's not a big deal since we use real photos of our staff, but for those who want to use a stock photo - many of them look too fake and almost uninviting. Not a huge deal breaker obviously, as the product itself is great, but in case you have to use this feature.

Great addition to the support team!

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

LiveChat allowed me to implement a new support channel which we did not have prior to elevate our business and provide a new service offering to our customers. This has been a great addition to further engage our customers using a new, different support method. While it has been an awesome addition, there is still room for improvement with regards to scalability.

Pros

Allows for simple and quick implementation of a LiveChat option on our site and software application.

Cons

There have been some service outages and connection issues during business hours which impacted our customers and resulted in some negative feedback to our business. We rely on the tool to be functional in order to utilize and offer this communication channel to customers. Also, the reporting could be improved. Rarely do I use or look at the Dashboard as it is not customizable and the reports do not provide very detailed information. For example, we are interested in expanding our hours but I have not been able to easily utilize the data from LiveChat to determine the volume during those hours to justify the change. I have had to export numbers and count manually how many chats were received during a specified timeframe to put together a report. Ideally, I would like to see more volume trends and reporting capabilities.

Jeremy

One of the best if not the best

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Very good and couldn’t run our business without it, look forward to future improvements.

Pros

Excellent feature set and customization especially on the desktop app. Works great with woocommerce.

Cons

Mobile app support has been a little flaky with login issues for almost a year. Seems latest update to the iOS app has mostly fixed this but still some lingering issues. So many more features could be added to the app as well. Also don’t like that you have to be on upper tiers to have a simple feature like hours available. We often forget to close the app down and have customers trying to reach us off hours.

Response from LiveChat Software

Hi Jeremy,

Cheers,
LiveChat team

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Amazing customer service via LiveChat!

Reviewed on 2022/07/31

We have this tool integrated with our CRMs for internal support for our employees. Although our primary CRM does support live chat, we still use this tool since it has better build quality and stability. We also deploy it for our clients to enable chat features for their end-user support.

Pros

1. Plenty of integrations are available: Almost any CRM can be integrated and it also can be integrated with Office 365, therefore, makes is available across tools.
2. Blazing fast chat service: can be achieved by links for end users. Document sharing and screen-share is also possible for trobleshooting and fixing issues.

Cons

This is a very lightweight tool which is only focued on live chat. No major issues that we have found in this tool. It is pretty solid, offers all the required features and has the capability to support large-scale industries as well.