Project Insight Reviews

Project Insight

Automate Your Work. Unify Your Data. Make Your Life Easier.

4.3/5 (30 reviews)
Rania S.

Software is intuitive, staff is VERY responsive to requests, and software is customizable.

Reviewed on 2017/12/16

The ability to see more into project work, manage resource allocation and task completion. Drive projects to completion.

Pros

Project Insight has a robust project management system is highly customizable without impacting back-end table structure. Power users have the ability to create their own forms and add form fields to reports. Consultant is very responsive to requests and is delightful to work with! Videos and online software guides help users become acclimated to software; most recently, the Project Insight team has added AI to assist with reminders for team members (for time entry and other administrative tasks.) Animated figures assist and coach users with software.Project Insight also makes resource allocation simple! Project Managers and Resource Managers are able to quickly see when staff (resources) are overallocated on tasks during a given day or week and are able to shift other resources to that task in order to ensure the task is still completed on time.There is so much I could say about Project Insight - I have enjoyed using it tremendously.The software won the CODiE award for best Project Management solution in 2017.

Cons

This is a difficult question. I suppose that if it would be possible to change the reporting features so you could set up reports in PI the way you can in Excel so export was not necessary, that would be amazing.

Svetlana P.

project insight

Reviewed on 2017/02/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Easy to use PM software that allows getting sufficient details about the project in order to help you manage it better.
I would not recommend it as a financial tool, but it is possible to export details in QuickBooks and I believe other financial application which makes it a great addition to your organization if you require a more in-depth project management application.

Pros

it is a user-friendly interface, easy to implement and easy to learn. can be integrated with other applications like QuickBooks, salesforce and a few others.
all reports are easily customizable and you can always change the default as you deem appropriate.
in terms of price is it probably in the mid range so it is suitable for established small to mid size organization.
training and support are easy to get online.

Cons

some naming conventions are not necessarily obvious, which takes the time to get used to, especially when creating reports.
not suitable for a financial application, so do not expect to do all your accounting in the projectinsight, it does however offer integration with other apps such as QuickBooks etc.

PMO Tool - Project Insight

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

We have been using project insight for nearly 3 years now, where the support has been excellent.

Pros

Project Insight is a simple and effective tool in managing multiple projects across the business. The tool is easy to navigate and can generate reports, thereby reducing manual work.

Cons

The export functionality can be restrictive at time which some customised featured should be standard.

Natalie C.

Ease of use!! Program Management Tool with Great Support from the Project Insight Team!!!

Reviewed on 2015/03/13

I was first introduced to the Project Insight, Program Management Tool, when I was asked to deploy the tool for the Avaya Corporation in 2013. Avaya is a global company with Project and Program Managers worldwide supporting Global Complex Managed Services.

I was asked to deploy the Project Insight, Management Tool worldwide in 45 days. I had never deployed a Program Management Tool and this was a very aggressive schedule. We deployed the tool on 5/31/13 and it was a successful deployment due to the flexibility of the tool and the support from the Project Insight team.

The tool is very flexible and the reporting capabilities are strong for operational views, which is our main use for the tool. The tool is very easy to implement as I had never implemented this type of a tool before and my main focus in the past was Program Management not tool deployment.

As I mentioned above, due to the flexibility, ease of use with the tool and the support I received from the Project Insight Team with such supportive folks as Wes Kliewer and his knowledge of the tool and the collaboration from Wes contributed to the successful deployment of the tool. Today the Project Insight tool continues to grow across organization within Avaya.

The high level of customer support is what you do not see often these days, especially after you have purchased and deployed a tool. It is very obvious the continued customer support and customer focus you receive from all of the Project Insight team, this is a very high priority with them.

Thank you all, Project Insight Team!!! We did it together!!!

Difficult interface

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

We used this with a third part integration partner, it was really their tool. I just found the overall experience to be a big clunky compared to other agile tools i’ve used.

Pros

This tool had great detail in creation of the tickets or jobs. I liked the customizable fields and the ability to upload videos or images.

Cons

I could only ever get to my projects by hovering over the header and cruising over to the “!” icon.

I also wish when you were creating a ticket, the number of the task displayed during creation so I wouldn’t have to go search for it after creating it to know how to reference back.

Brandie A.

Great customer care

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Pros

PI offers some great report templates to work with and each report can be customized based on the columns you want and the info you are trying to collect.

Cons

There are some navigation issues that could be cleaned up within the application. Also the exporting feature is not very clean right now but I think that is more of a microsoft issue. Makes more work on my end to clean up the reports I download from PI.

Brian C.

PI Support is the Best

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Project Insight support has been so great. They continue to help find ways to help my company improve through the use of their software that together I know my company will eventually get to the improved level we want to be.

Pros

PI has so many great tools and reports it is excellent to allow users to "deep dive" on their projects to help identify issues and tasks that may need improving.

Cons

Like most users having learned on MS Project, PI is not quite to the level of ease that MS Project provides and becomes cumbersome when changes or additions or unique schedule things are required

Hina D.

Another cool application for managing projects and tasks!

Reviewed on 2018/02/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Project Insight helps with managing projects and tasks and help us stay track with our project timeline. Our clients use this tool and are happy with the way it allows them to participate with project team.

Cons

The reporting is great and helps see the visuals on the status of project tasks and timeline. Helps with the project billing details.

Robert A.

Review on PI

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

It's efficient (as long as I enter things properly the first time). Qualitatively speaking, a good product that I would happily put to use, even if it was my choice to do so.

Pros

My use is really limited to primarily putting in my project hours and related functions. I have not (yet) used it for other project management aspects.
However, the setup for time input and scheduled non-working days/holidays works very well.

Cons

The requirement to revert to another screen area to change hours attributed to an project's task.

Dindo C.

Best Solution for Project Management !

Reviewed on 2018/06/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

A nice software to monitor your projects from start up to end !

Pros

I like the most with this Product is that it really helps us in task dissemination in each team members wherein it also provide access on real time reports.

Cons

So far, there's nothing negative feedback i can say with regards to it's functionality, instead it is very helpful and user-friendly.

John-paul P.

True Team Project Collaboration With Real-Time Performance Monitoring

Reviewed on 2015/08/05

As a software development house implementing of own software solution we needed a quality product which could be configured to our own processes and replace MS project and an existing timesheet application. Project Insight provided an alternative integrated solution which was quick to deploy and adopt company wide.

Project Insight enables our project managers to quickly create plans from templates in order to monitor the progress of tasks and ensure project performance is maintained throughout. With Project Insight our projects follow standard implementation processes thus providing consistently and enabling teams visibility of progress and commercial performance in real-time.

The visibility that Project Insight provides our management teams has enabled us to address issues earlier, fine tune processes and work to improve the accuracy of project forecasting whilst ensuring that the project programme remains under complete control.

On the few occasions we have needed support the team at Project Insight have been responsive and they continue to provide us with an excellent level of customer service through regular account management calls.

Vicky N.

Helpful application to track project hours

Reviewed on 2018/02/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Project Insight has been a great application for us to track project hours. It helps clients to see the exact billing they will be making at the end of month.

Sunny A.

Very innovative

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Project insight easy to use. This software makes collaboration simple . It is a great application for us to track project hours

Cons

Project insight helps the custom managing. some naming conventions are not necessarily obvious. No more bad to say about project insight.

Matthew H.

Project Insight

Reviewed on 2018/02/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

As alternative to larger, more publicized platforms Project Insight has more functionality and ease of use for the amount we spent acquiring the licenses. Customer support has been great, with feedback or responses immediate or less than an hour in off-peak times.

Cons

It does take some getting used to the platform and learning your around, similar to the more popular PMIS.

Deanna M.

Awesome Product

Reviewed on 2017/06/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Easy to use and very collaborative. It has organized our practice projects in one area and at all times everyone knows what we are working on. Love it

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say about this product as it has everything I need in a Project Management Software.

Matt D.

Collaboration helps with keeping everyone updated

Reviewed on 2017/02/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Project Insight is good for communicating the needs with other colleagues. It helps with collaborating the project files and the project tasks. We can share files with each other and collaborate using the activity logs.

Pros

Great for team communication and collaboration.

Thomas S.

Currently used by Ulster County IT department to manage projects

Reviewed on 2015/05/29

Handles the basics of project management well - project creation, task plans (if you're familiar with MS Project this will come easily), resource planning and tracking, project status reporting, etc. It is used by the development team of the IT department for all PM, including the tracking of all hours. Entire team brought up to speed very quickly on the use of PI. Permissions are a bit tricky so pay close attention to this in the training. I recommend the software to all size organizations.

Nicole P.

Custom reporting helps manage projects well.

Reviewed on 2017/09/29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Project Insight helps with creating custom reports for the projects. It helps understanding project summary which can be presented to the executive team!

Stan G.

Clean user experience; Great graphical statistics!

Reviewed on 2017/01/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Project Insight is easy to use application and have a very clean look and feel. It is easy to manage your projects and assign the related tasks. The statistics charts look really good and help to understand the status.
Reporting through Gantt charts helps further understanding the statistics and make this system look good.

Pros

Statistics are easy to understand via the graphical chart format. The system is easy to use and have a clean layout. Can be adopted with any team easily.

David A.

This is great Project Management that support PMBOK!

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

This is great software for Project Managers that supports PMBOK!

Pros

This is an innovative; forward thinking, very intuitive Project Management Software. This is very easy to use and set up. There is tons of help when you are getting started. This software makes collaboration simple and fun.

Cons

I would like to see a mobile app for the Android market. I think the mobile app would really help get things done on the road.

Jim P.

Great PM software!

Reviewed on 2015/06/16

I find PI very easy to use and use and customize. I quite often create numerous "custom fields/items" for a project and use these, in conjunction with "custom reports" to manage my project. I also find the support team very responsive to questions and/or problems (which are few and far between).

Keep up the great work!

Nishi M.

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2015/06/29

PI has helped increase efficiency and transparency in our business. While it may not always be intuitive, the customer service is incredible and have always helped us figured out how to get what we need. There are a lot of features that we haven't even touched yet. The reporting capability is especially useful.

Patti C.

Excellent Software, Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2015/05/17

PI is a full bodied product with many layers of customization already built in. The team in California is both knowledgeable about the product and a pleasure to work with. I'd totally recommend this software to someone looking to understand where their efforts and money are going month to month.

Karen S.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2016/09/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It had great potential to integrate with other existing products our business was running, and created excellent, granular reports

Cons

Unfortunately the price was put of our range, and was a little too expensive considering we weren't in a position at the time, to fully utilise every aspect of the product

Yazir P.

Nice to use

Reviewed on 2018/09/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

each team members can have access to real time reports.
Software is intuitive and is customizable
Microsoft Project import and export

Cons

Learning curve might be challenging at first
Exporting data can be a mess
Price might be high for the market target of this software