Laserfiche Reviews

Laserfiche

Scalable document management & process management software

4.4/5 (36 reviews)
Tito P.

Innovative set of applications

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

We have been using Laserfiche products for approximately 8 years. Our original purpose was to digitize our HR records, and the scanning utilities provided us with just the right solution to get this accomplished with very little stress. Once Laserfiche Forms was released we adopted it and slowly started to push our HR and business processes online. After a year the potential of this product was realized, and we now have approximately 85% of all our HR and Business department related processes online through Laserfiche.

Pros

Perfect for document retention, long term digital storage, and business process routing. It's fairly easy to use, but at times does require some training. The available applications provide us with almost limitless capabilities when it comes to our business and HR processing. I have yet to find something I am unable to build that has been requested by our district staff.

Cons

To be able to fully use the software applications capabilities one would require a fair amount of experience with other applications such as SQL database design, and Windows Domain administration. I would say its not truly possible to utilize Laserfiche to its fullest without personal knowledge of the before mentioned items or a team of individuals that has the knowledge necessary.

Leeann M.

Organizes, saves money, process design,

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

The end to end process from collection to destroy / retain and that it has the ability to keep the entire process electronic. I like that they are focusing on a cloud solution that makes the application reachable to businesses of all sizes. The continued research and development along with the support make it a product that changes and supports with the times.

Cons

The cloud needs storage in Canada, ability to apply sequential numbers to documents that would act like a register. You can do this with code and sql tables but it would be great to be able to do it within the form without the requirement of a developer.

Anita K.

Review of Laserfiche

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

We've been using Laserfiche since 2006 and have drastically cut down on our lease space because we no longer have the need for filing cabinets. Being able to access client info via our web portal is huge for us.

Pros

The ability to pull documents where ever we are... in the office, at home or even out of the country. Our clients appreciate us having the information handy in a timely manner. It does also help keep us organized.

Cons

There are a lot of features to using it, therefore new staff have a long learning curve.

Jacki P.

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Finding records faster!

Pros

Laserfiche is the easiest records management system I've ever used. It is quick and easy, it allows to set up your documents in a format to match your filing system. The documents are researchable and can be emailed in a variety of formats.

Cons

The initial set up is kind of pricey. Also, if you (the user) does not put in the information correctly it makes it hard to search those particular documents, but that is training issues on our end.

Brittney C.

Does what we need

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Pros

We got Laserfiche 4 or so years ago to help cut down the amount of items we had in our servers at work. With Laserfiche, we were able to have items put into different group types, have metadata associated with each page, set retention periods for how long we have to keep the document, and have access across the whole City. Multiple people in different offices and buildings can add and view files as needed. We also got this product because we can store even more on here with the option of having it saved as a .tif image instead of a .pdf or .jpg that takes up more storage spage.

Cons

First starting out on the program was definitely a learning curve for everyone. It is not really user friendly, but it does get easier to do. I am currently having a hard time trying to convert my .pdf files into .tif files once they are in the Laserfiche program. I have no issues scanning it in to be a .tif document, but some of my stuff that needs to be added to Laserfiche are already created .pdf files that I do not need to print just to re-scan in.

Audree A.

Excellent digital file cabinet

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

I like the ease of uploading and now I just learned the "save to pdf" feature and I am impressed

Pros

Excellent digital file cabinet, easy to get documents into a neatly organized drive.

Cons

I am not exactly sure how the metadata features are supposed to work but I have trouble doing a search to locate documents where I thought based on the information I put in metadata fields, I would easily locate what I am searching for. I will continue to explore this feature.

Kevin A.

Laserfiche is a very solid product for document storage. Lots of capability.

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Pros

Highly configurable suite of products. Plenty of support in the community. The company updates and improves the software annually. Very strong user conference each year.

Cons

Some modules are costly and depending on the size of your organization, price my preclude some of the capability.

Christina R.

Easy processes that are user-friendly from function to function.

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

It helps with our record keeping by efficiently channeling it to the proper digital folders.

Pros

I really like the ability to transition the configuration of sending the documents to their destination from manual to immediate.

Cons

I have had troubles with inserting a document in the finished file in the destination folder. It will not allow me to scan from there and add more pages.

Kim D.

Opinion

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Pros

I like the convenience of Laserfiche. It is easy to use.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about the software. It is pretty straight forward.

Excellent Document Management Solution

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

It has been a wonderful experience with Laserfiche, over storing our information on network shared drives. It has helped us with finding information within documents easily and quickly.

Pros

This software provides a friendly interface to our users and helpful workflows while providing a centralized location with protections in place to keep data safe.

Cons

There is some work on the back end to set up this software, but in the end it is well worth the effort.

Great document management for an end user

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Pros

As an end user, Laserfiche is great for document management. It has helped automate many of our manual processes through custom workflows. Template help keep everything organized by standardizing meta data, which makes searching and sorting super easy.

Cons

There are a lot of options. It can take a little bit to get everything setup so it all works and so all the different document types can be displayed properly.

Sharon S.

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

Pros

Easy to scan things to Laserfiche. You can give the file a name, and make it as detailed as possible so if you ever need to retrieve the scan later, you can get exactly what you are looking for instead of searching through tons of other files.

Cons

If you do not enter enough information about the Scan, it can be pretty hard to find it later on. Sometimes there are duplicates also.

Nick T.

Great Records Management System

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

Scanning capabilities and document/records management system is very easy to use and helpful filing capabilities.

Cons

Sometimes the software can be slow depending how many users are using it simultaneously. It doesn't happen often, but on occasion it has happened where it seems to take longer to scan documents or open scanned documents for viewing.

Paula R.

Laserfiche greatness

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Pros

I love the snapshot option. It makes putting a pdf through to accounting a breeze.

Cons

It’s a little difficult to program the meta data.

Jason M.

If your looking to get away from hard copy file storage this is the way to go!!

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Pros

Love how easy it is to scan a document label it and put into a specific folder that can easily be found and never have to worry about where it is or have to sift through hard copy files anymore.

Cons

Nothing maybe a more of a how to use instructional video on the various features of use.

Massimo S.

Laserfiche makes it easy to manage documents

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Laserfiche is essential for regulated companies looking to keep customer's information in order and secure.

Pros

When working in a highly regulated industry, document management is key. Laserfiche is the easy way to manage several hundred documents.

Cons

Takes a long time to integrate into your existing platforms

Brett E.

Great Features

Reviewed on 2018/02/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The solution has lots of great features that make it very powerful and provide lots of scanning solutions for the organization.

Cons

The cost per user can be prohibitive to organizations. Expanded features can require dedicated staff to manage all the option sets interactivity.

James T.

Controls our whole business at the touch a button

Reviewed on 2018/10/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Any level in the organization is presented information in a simple/effective manor that anyone can understand

Cons

Lots and lots of back end programming can take sometime to get up and running. Approx. 100+ hrs of programming

Shirley W.

Streamline projects and run things automatically

Reviewed on 2018/05/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We're admittedly still new users, and so far we like it, but it's far more programmer intensive than we were led to believe. We have to have help to do almost anything. That said, it will be worth it to streamline some of our processes.

Pros

Establish stored procedures and databases which automatically integrate and run processes for you. We've been able to take a six week project and move it down to about 4 days.

Cons

Hard to learn to use and set up, we often need to pay programmer time; which gets expensive. Program won't fax out things on its own--we've had to implement an external procedure.

Marry D.

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2016/08/05

I used the software and i have found it very useful. Lasefiche has basically, mastered the art of providing solutions to their clients.

Pros

-user friendly
- Helpful for organization
-free trial

Cons

i haven't observed any

Terra S.

It's too complicated

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/11/06

I've had Laserfiche for 2 years now, and I'm still struggling to get it fully operational.

Pros

This software will basically do anything you need it to for document management and more.

Cons

The software is way to complicated to build for the average person.

5.0/10
Travis C.

"Run Smarter" - More than just a tagline!

Reviewed on 2015/01/07

We have been using Laserfiche for almost five years, and we continue find areas where our agency (Law Enforcement) can put it to good use. For the end user, Laserfiche is very simple to use, with our typical user up and running in about twenty minutes. The solution is completely customizable to the extent that you want it to be, or you can use it right "out of the box". With the addition of Forms, QuickFields, and Workflow, Laserfiche is a solution that continues to grow with us and consistently eliminates a lot of time-consuming processes through automation, ultimately having a positive impact on officer safety and the public we serve. I've never worked with a software company that is as engaged with their customers--and provides amazing support year-round (to say nothing of a stellar annual conference)--as is Laserfiche. We truly have been able to "Run Smarter".

Don D.

Laserfiche -- The Final Solutioon for Paper and Processing Problems

Reviewed on 2014/12/31

Finding Laserfiche some years ago was a God-Send for me and my company. I wanted to go paperless and thought I had exhausted affordable market-place offerings, yet decided to take one more chance and look at Laserfiche. At first, I was overwhelmed. I thought I had to learn everything, install everything and use everything. However, I found that I only needed to buy what I needed and expand as needed. Laserfiche has exceeded my expectations at every level. From concept to utility, I could not be happier about continuing to do business with Laserfiche.

Some of my friends believed other companies had better offerings right up until they examined Laserfiche in total. Anyone looking for a document imaging system that creates simple, elegant document management solutions that help organizations run smarter should invite Laserfiche in for a visit.

Tony G.

You need more stars to rate this product and company

Reviewed on 2015/01/03

I suppose if you had a ten star rating system, I would still want it to go to 11. We have been using Laserfiche for the last five years and simply love the product and the company. The product because it does all we ask of it (and can do more). It is secure, easy to use and highly configurable for almost any business. The company because they are so engaged with their customers. I foresee a long engagement (and expensive wedding). Seriously though, we love how Laserfiche and our VAR (Ricoh Canada) keep us up to date, informed and educated on all the many features of this product. I plan to spend the remainder of my career (15+ years until retirement) getting more and more proficient with all the things it can to to keep our valuable documents, safe, searchable, available and more. What's that...? I think I hear wedding bells...

Cari P.

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Good.

Pros

Ease of use. Much easier to find / search files than going through physical files.

Cons

Hasn't eliminated paper copies (yet) for our organization.