Laserfiche

Scalable document management & process management software

4,4
4,1
4,2
4,2
4,4

Excellent Document Management Solution

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

It has been a wonderful experience with Laserfiche, over storing our information on network shared drives. It has helped us with finding information within documents easily and quickly.

Pros

This software provides a friendly interface to our users and helpful workflows while providing a centralized location with protections in place to keep data safe.

Cons

There is some work on the back end to set up this software, but in the end it is well worth the effort.

Tito P.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Innovative set of applications

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

We have been using Laserfiche products for approximately 8 years. Our original purpose was to digitize our HR records, and the scanning utilities provided us with just the right solution to get this accomplished with very little stress. Once Laserfiche Forms was released we adopted it and slowly started to push our HR and business processes online. After a year the potential of this product was realized, and we now have approximately 85% of all our HR and Business department related processes online through Laserfiche.

Pros

Perfect for document retention, long term digital storage, and business process routing. It's fairly easy to use, but at times does require some training. The available applications provide us with almost limitless capabilities when it comes to our business and HR processing. I have yet to find something I am unable to build that has been requested by our district staff.

Cons

To be able to fully use the software applications capabilities one would require a fair amount of experience with other applications such as SQL database design, and Windows Domain administration. I would say its not truly possible to utilize Laserfiche to its fullest without personal knowledge of the before mentioned items or a team of individuals that has the knowledge necessary.

Megh R.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Better workflow management

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

As a workflow appliction it does it job effectively. developer need to make sure proper logs are set up for each workflow for easy understanding to the consuming team

Pros

It made workflow management easy, can use VB or C# scripts to create and execute a workflow.
workflows can be customized based on organization/ team requirements. setting up workflow is quite easy. Workflow logs are helpful to identify issues whenever they fail

Cons

Bit complex application, input parameters are a bit tricky.
It might be because we use old scripting to run these workflows, the output is not displayed and tracking is not possible in many scenarios

Cari P.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Good.

Pros

Ease of use. Much easier to find / search files than going through physical files.

Cons

Hasn't eliminated paper copies (yet) for our organization.

Daniel V.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Organize Your Business

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

Laserfiche has been important to our company and houses all of our employee information, allowing us to edit, share, and view documents in a timely manner.

Pros

We use Laserfiche to digitize applications and paperwork. I like that it is very user friendly and has a useful search function that allows me to search by either the title of the document or the fields within the document. I can also add notes to each page of documents and specify which security level indicated gets to view them.

Cons

When I move a PDF into a Laserfiche file, I cannot combine it with another electronic file. I would have to manually print it out and scan it into the desired file in order for them to be a part of the same document. I would allow users to add other electronic files that are independent of the original document.

Jean S.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Get rid of all your file cabinets!

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

We are able to locate filed documents much quicker and more easily.

Pros

It is a good filing system, but what makes it even better is the ability to search. Previously, if something was misfiled (paper filing system) you would just have to wait until you found it (which my be never.)

Cons

If I am printing from a document (usually a pdf from someone else) into Laserfiche, occasionally the document does not come thru into Laserfiche correctly. Don't know this unless you go and check the document.

Christina R.

Easy processes that are user-friendly from function to function.

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

It helps with our record keeping by efficiently channeling it to the proper digital folders.

Pros

I really like the ability to transition the configuration of sending the documents to their destination from manual to immediate.

Cons

I have had troubles with inserting a document in the finished file in the destination folder. It will not allow me to scan from there and add more pages.

Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great document management for an end user

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Pros

As an end user, Laserfiche is great for document management. It has helped automate many of our manual processes through custom workflows. Template help keep everything organized by standardizing meta data, which makes searching and sorting super easy.

Cons

There are a lot of options. It can take a little bit to get everything setup so it all works and so all the different document types can be displayed properly.

Shreshthi M.
Industry: Mental Health Care
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Save office space with Laserfiche

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/02/07

Laserfiche is a great alternative when businesses cannot store paper copes of information. It is a cloud based system that can be accessed from anywhere. It is easy to create new folders and find data.

Pros

It is easy to use. We have limited office space and did not have an advanced HRIS system. Since were using so much paper it was using a lot of physical space.

Cons

Due to the mass volumes of data, it takes time for the information to pull up. Besides that, I do not have anything negative to say about this system.

Massimo S.
Industry: Financial Services

Laserfiche makes it easy to manage documents

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Laserfiche is essential for regulated companies looking to keep customer's information in order and secure.

Pros

When working in a highly regulated industry, document management is key. Laserfiche is the easy way to manage several hundred documents.

Cons

Takes a long time to integrate into your existing platforms

Donna C.

The best

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Laserfiche has been a great software to work with. Their customer service is good, if you have a problem they are allows there to help you through it. I would recommend this software to anyone.

Pros

Laserfiche is the best software for document imaging. This software is very easy to use and to navigate. It is easy to set up you templates and folders. Plus it comes with a lot of other options, that we have not explored yet, to help with no only your document imaging but with records keeping, keeping track of records requests, work flows, etc. You've got to check this software out if you have not already!!!

Cons

There is not really anything that I do not like about this software. But if there was one thing it would be pricing of some of their other additional options. For small municipalities it makes it hard to have the JustFIO and their other software but you get what you pay for. This software is well worth it though.

Nathalie M.
Industry: Accounting

Laserfiche, Not the Best but Gets the Job Done

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

The only positive thing I've experienced with Laserfiche is that it's reliable for storing documents and I can automatically see recently saved items without having to constantly refresh, but that's about it. It can store a lot but so can a lot of other data storage softwares that I've used in previous years. There are definitely better and more user-friendly programs out there.

Pros

I like how much memory and capacity for storing information this program has. It is also very easy to add and rename documents in each client file

Cons

One of the things I dislike the most about this software is how it's never guaranteed that work will be saved if you don't use the check in/check out feature. I've already lost so much work that if I'm going modify a document with comments or update an excel spreadsheet, using the check in/check out feature has become second nature. Remembering to check a document back in is equally frustrating because it's not enough to hit save and close out of the document. Another thing I don't like is how sometimes I'll stay locked in a document even though I don't have it open.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Leeann M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: Self Employed

Organizes, saves money, process design,

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

The end to end process from collection to destroy / retain and that it has the ability to keep the entire process electronic. I like that they are focusing on a cloud solution that makes the application reachable to businesses of all sizes. The continued research and development along with the support make it a product that changes and supports with the times.

Cons

The cloud needs storage in Canada, ability to apply sequential numbers to documents that would act like a register. You can do this with code and sql tables but it would be great to be able to do it within the form without the requirement of a developer.

Anita K.
Industry: Insurance

Review of Laserfiche

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

We've been using Laserfiche since 2006 and have drastically cut down on our lease space because we no longer have the need for filing cabinets. Being able to access client info via our web portal is huge for us.

Pros

The ability to pull documents where ever we are... in the office, at home or even out of the country. Our clients appreciate us having the information handy in a timely manner. It does also help keep us organized.

Cons

There are a lot of features to using it, therefore new staff have a long learning curve.

Jacki P.

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Finding records faster!

Pros

Laserfiche is the easiest records management system I've ever used. It is quick and easy, it allows to set up your documents in a format to match your filing system. The documents are researchable and can be emailed in a variety of formats.

Cons

The initial set up is kind of pricey. Also, if you (the user) does not put in the information correctly it makes it hard to search those particular documents, but that is training issues on our end.

Larry S.

Multiple employee Access

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

It allows us to store archived data, and allows us multiple employees access to needed daily work logs.

Pros

The ability for my employees to access multiple files and share daily work activities. Also it allows you to archive important documents for future reference.

Cons

Had to apply filters so employees couldn't limit access to certain files. This isn't much of an issue, staff is up to speed now.

Brittney C.
Industry: Government Relations

Does what we need

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Pros

We got Laserfiche 4 or so years ago to help cut down the amount of items we had in our servers at work. With Laserfiche, we were able to have items put into different group types, have metadata associated with each page, set retention periods for how long we have to keep the document, and have access across the whole City. Multiple people in different offices and buildings can add and view files as needed. We also got this product because we can store even more on here with the option of having it saved as a .tif image instead of a .pdf or .jpg that takes up more storage spage.

Cons

First starting out on the program was definitely a learning curve for everyone. It is not really user friendly, but it does get easier to do. I am currently having a hard time trying to convert my .pdf files into .tif files once they are in the Laserfiche program. I have no issues scanning it in to be a .tif document, but some of my stuff that needs to be added to Laserfiche are already created .pdf files that I do not need to print just to re-scan in.

Audree A.
Industry: Accounting

Excellent digital file cabinet

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

I like the ease of uploading and now I just learned the "save to pdf" feature and I am impressed

Pros

Excellent digital file cabinet, easy to get documents into a neatly organized drive.

Cons

I am not exactly sure how the metadata features are supposed to work but I have trouble doing a search to locate documents where I thought based on the information I put in metadata fields, I would easily locate what I am searching for. I will continue to explore this feature.

Kevin A.

Laserfiche is a very solid product for document storage. Lots of capability.

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Pros

Highly configurable suite of products. Plenty of support in the community. The company updates and improves the software annually. Very strong user conference each year.

Cons

Some modules are costly and depending on the size of your organization, price my preclude some of the capability.

Erin H.

Laserfiche Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Pros

I have been using Laserfiche in some form for over 12 years. I appreciate that it allows the user to organize information in a way that is meaningful to them. As a government user, I value the ability to store our historical and confidential data within Laserfiche, as well as our public record information, and we can select and direct our customer to documents accessible to them for viewing.

Cons

The search feature could be a little more robust, but part of that comes from the metadata entered by staff and what returns are pinged.

Kim D.

Opinion

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Pros

I like the convenience of Laserfiche. It is easy to use.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about the software. It is pretty straight forward.

Sharon S.
Industry: Wholesale
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

Pros

Easy to scan things to Laserfiche. You can give the file a name, and make it as detailed as possible so if you ever need to retrieve the scan later, you can get exactly what you are looking for instead of searching through tons of other files.

Cons

If you do not enter enough information about the Scan, it can be pretty hard to find it later on. Sometimes there are duplicates also.

Nick T.

Great Records Management System

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

Scanning capabilities and document/records management system is very easy to use and helpful filing capabilities.

Cons

Sometimes the software can be slow depending how many users are using it simultaneously. It doesn't happen often, but on occasion it has happened where it seems to take longer to scan documents or open scanned documents for viewing.

Paula R.

Laserfiche greatness

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Pros

I love the snapshot option. It makes putting a pdf through to accounting a breeze.

Cons

It’s a little difficult to program the meta data.

Jason M.
Industry: Law Enforcement

If your looking to get away from hard copy file storage this is the way to go!!

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Pros

Love how easy it is to scan a document label it and put into a specific folder that can easily be found and never have to worry about where it is or have to sift through hard copy files anymore.

Cons

Nothing maybe a more of a how to use instructional video on the various features of use.