Laserfiche

Scalable document management & process management software

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great document management for an end user

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Pros

As an end user, Laserfiche is great for document management. It has helped automate many of our manual processes through custom workflows. Template help keep everything organized by standardizing meta data, which makes searching and sorting super easy.

Cons

There are a lot of options. It can take a little bit to get everything setup so it all works and so all the different document types can be displayed properly.

Daniel V.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Organize Your Business

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

Laserfiche has been important to our company and houses all of our employee information, allowing us to edit, share, and view documents in a timely manner.

Pros

We use Laserfiche to digitize applications and paperwork. I like that it is very user friendly and has a useful search function that allows me to search by either the title of the document or the fields within the document. I can also add notes to each page of documents and specify which security level indicated gets to view them.

Cons

When I move a PDF into a Laserfiche file, I cannot combine it with another electronic file. I would have to manually print it out and scan it into the desired file in order for them to be a part of the same document. I would allow users to add other electronic files that are independent of the original document.

Nick T.

Great Records Management System

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

Scanning capabilities and document/records management system is very easy to use and helpful filing capabilities.

Cons

Sometimes the software can be slow depending how many users are using it simultaneously. It doesn't happen often, but on occasion it has happened where it seems to take longer to scan documents or open scanned documents for viewing.

Marry D.

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2016/08/05

I used the software and i have found it very useful. Lasefiche has basically, mastered the art of providing solutions to their clients.

Pros

-user friendly
- Helpful for organization
-free trial

Cons

i haven't observed any

Don D.

Laserfiche -- The Final Solutioon for Paper and Processing Problems

Reviewed on 2014/12/31

Finding Laserfiche some years ago was a God-Send for me and my company. I wanted to go paperless and thought I had exhausted affordable market-place offerings, yet decided to take one more chance and look at Laserfiche. At first, I was overwhelmed. I thought I had to learn everything, install everything and use everything. However, I found that I only needed to buy what I needed and expand as needed. Laserfiche has exceeded my expectations at every level. From concept to utility, I could not be happier about continuing to do business with Laserfiche.

Some of my friends believed other companies had better offerings right up until they examined Laserfiche in total. Anyone looking for a document imaging system that creates simple, elegant document management solutions that help organizations run smarter should invite Laserfiche in for a visit.

Ronald K.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

I use Laserfiche every day at work, and we rely heavily on the software. It's been great to us.

Pros

I like that you can name files you scan through the software on the computer or through the scanner itself. It's not complicated to use.

Cons

There's really nothing that I dislike about Laserfiche.

Kathy J.

Laserfiche: A Record Manager's Best Friend

Reviewed on 2015/01/07

When I started looking at document management systems to get our records management problems under control, Laserfiche had the easiest, most user-friendly system I could find to implement. With little IT support and awesome Laserfiche support, I was able to get Laserfiche, Records Management Edition, up and running, helping our organization with records management and compliance issues. Laserfiche continues to expand its functionality and is a robust system and deserves a deeper look for anyone comparing systems.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great software to organize our documents

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Automate manual process in document management.

Pros

We are able to set up workflows to capture our documents in an orderly fashion, which has allowed us to do away with more manual processes.

Cons

The initial setup process can be a bit strenuous, but the end product is worth it if the time and effort is put in initially.

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Pros

State reporting and retention was difficult until I found Laserfiche.

Cons

Overall I didn't think the software had any noticeable flaws. An updated appearance couldn't hurt.

Lenora D.

Document management !

Reviewed on 2016/08/08

My experience after using this software was very good because it contains useful aspects and better guide lines !

Megh R.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Better workflow management

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

As a workflow appliction it does it job effectively. developer need to make sure proper logs are set up for each workflow for easy understanding to the consuming team

Pros

It made workflow management easy, can use VB or C# scripts to create and execute a workflow.
workflows can be customized based on organization/ team requirements. setting up workflow is quite easy. Workflow logs are helpful to identify issues whenever they fail

Cons

Bit complex application, input parameters are a bit tricky.
It might be because we use old scripting to run these workflows, the output is not displayed and tracking is not possible in many scenarios

Massimo S.

Laserfiche makes it easy to manage documents

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Laserfiche is essential for regulated companies looking to keep customer's information in order and secure.

Pros

When working in a highly regulated industry, document management is key. Laserfiche is the easy way to manage several hundred documents.

Cons

Takes a long time to integrate into your existing platforms

Jacki P.

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Finding records faster!

Pros

Laserfiche is the easiest records management system I've ever used. It is quick and easy, it allows to set up your documents in a format to match your filing system. The documents are researchable and can be emailed in a variety of formats.

Cons

The initial set up is kind of pricey. Also, if you (the user) does not put in the information correctly it makes it hard to search those particular documents, but that is training issues on our end.

Brittney C.
  • Industry: Government Relations

Does what we need

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Pros

We got Laserfiche 4 or so years ago to help cut down the amount of items we had in our servers at work. With Laserfiche, we were able to have items put into different group types, have metadata associated with each page, set retention periods for how long we have to keep the document, and have access across the whole City. Multiple people in different offices and buildings can add and view files as needed. We also got this product because we can store even more on here with the option of having it saved as a .tif image instead of a .pdf or .jpg that takes up more storage spage.

Cons

First starting out on the program was definitely a learning curve for everyone. It is not really user friendly, but it does get easier to do. I am currently having a hard time trying to convert my .pdf files into .tif files once they are in the Laserfiche program. I have no issues scanning it in to be a .tif document, but some of my stuff that needs to be added to Laserfiche are already created .pdf files that I do not need to print just to re-scan in.

Sharon S.
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

Pros

Easy to scan things to Laserfiche. You can give the file a name, and make it as detailed as possible so if you ever need to retrieve the scan later, you can get exactly what you are looking for instead of searching through tons of other files.

Cons

If you do not enter enough information about the Scan, it can be pretty hard to find it later on. Sometimes there are duplicates also.

Paula R.
  • Industry: Utilities

Laserfiche greatness

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Pros

I love the snapshot option. It makes putting a pdf through to accounting a breeze.

Cons

It’s a little difficult to program the meta data.

Jason M.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

If your looking to get away from hard copy file storage this is the way to go!!

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Pros

Love how easy it is to scan a document label it and put into a specific folder that can easily be found and never have to worry about where it is or have to sift through hard copy files anymore.

Cons

Nothing maybe a more of a how to use instructional video on the various features of use.

Shirley W.

Streamline projects and run things automatically

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

We're admittedly still new users, and so far we like it, but it's far more programmer intensive than we were led to believe. We have to have help to do almost anything. That said, it will be worth it to streamline some of our processes.

Pros

Establish stored procedures and databases which automatically integrate and run processes for you. We've been able to take a six week project and move it down to about 4 days.

Cons

Hard to learn to use and set up, we often need to pay programmer time; which gets expensive. Program won't fax out things on its own--we've had to implement an external procedure.

Terra S.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Other for 2+ years

It's too complicated

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

I've had Laserfiche for 2 years now, and I'm still struggling to get it fully operational.

Pros

This software will basically do anything you need it to for document management and more.

Cons

The software is way to complicated to build for the average person.

Thomas R.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

This is a great repository too. However, it would be much better if it linked to Windows...

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

The drag and drop capabilities are extremely helpful. Also, the search options based on meta data makes locating documents much easier.

Cons

The system lags and has issues importing large or multiple documents. The speed of the system and overall ease of use could use improvement.

Shreshthi M.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Laserfiche for Space Management

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

It is great in terms of saving office space. Finding and accessing employee documentation is also very easy.

Pros

We had several paper based processes and the piles of paper was taking up a huge amount of our office space. Laserfiche has been able to store all our paper documents in digital format. It is easy to use; finding and updating information is very similar to the folders in MS Office.

Cons

Many cloud based systems have the ability to store digital documents. It would be nice if there was a way to link Laserfiche with other HR or payroll systems to store all information in one system.

Donna C.

The best

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Laserfiche has been a great software to work with. Their customer service is good, if you have a problem they are allows there to help you through it. I would recommend this software to anyone.

Pros

Laserfiche is the best software for document imaging. This software is very easy to use and to navigate. It is easy to set up you templates and folders. Plus it comes with a lot of other options, that we have not explored yet, to help with no only your document imaging but with records keeping, keeping track of records requests, work flows, etc. You've got to check this software out if you have not already!!!

Cons

There is not really anything that I do not like about this software. But if there was one thing it would be pricing of some of their other additional options. For small municipalities it makes it hard to have the JustFIO and their other software but you get what you pay for. This software is well worth it though.

Anita K.
  • Industry: Insurance

Review of Laserfiche

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

We've been using Laserfiche since 2006 and have drastically cut down on our lease space because we no longer have the need for filing cabinets. Being able to access client info via our web portal is huge for us.

Pros

The ability to pull documents where ever we are... in the office, at home or even out of the country. Our clients appreciate us having the information handy in a timely manner. It does also help keep us organized.

Cons

There are a lot of features to using it, therefore new staff have a long learning curve.

Erin H.

Laserfiche Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Pros

I have been using Laserfiche in some form for over 12 years. I appreciate that it allows the user to organize information in a way that is meaningful to them. As a government user, I value the ability to store our historical and confidential data within Laserfiche, as well as our public record information, and we can select and direct our customer to documents accessible to them for viewing.

Cons

The search feature could be a little more robust, but part of that comes from the metadata entered by staff and what returns are pinged.

Todd S.

Awesome Record Keeping Software

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

I work for an organization that uses Laserfiche daily. I find it intuitive and easy to use for both scanning documents and recalling them later. The ability to connect with existing software to create workflows is an ongoing process that makes pen and paper tasks much more digital and streamlined.