Caterease Connect Reviews

Caterease Connect

Caterease Software: Nothing Else Even Comes Close.

4.5/5 (81 reviews)
Danny B.

I Never Want For Anything

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

I really do love this system. You can check overlapping of events.. it has flags that identify each event as
"Tentative" if they have not yet committed, "Definite" if they have and other important markers. You can customize HOW you want to see or view most things. I really could not imagine that anyone would not just
love this system.

Pros

It covers just about anything you could want it to do. There have only been a few things ever I wished
it could do and it couldn't. It is easy to use and reports are easy to obtain. I really love this software.

Cons

No Quickbooks interface. It would be nice to be able to transfer an invoice into the accounting system. Instead, I literally have to re-type every event over again into Quickbooks. This can be frustrating when you are receiving deposits or payments on events that are two or three years down the road and need to enter the event to apply the payment to it; along with all of the other daily invoices you have to do. And then keep up with all the menu / rental / room changes and updating THOSE in quickbooks.

I do wish the notes and comments section on events would automatically place the initials of whom ever made the comment and the DATE . This could be tied to your log in. Often times there could be 3 or 4 people working on an event and if they forget to put their name.. and the date.. you dont know who they
are. Also anyone can CHANGE or EDIT another persons notes or comments which I dont like. There is
an "audit report" you can produce that will tell you who did what... but its not that easy to read and it takes some experience of looking at it to understand what the report is telling you.

Response from Caterease

Danny, thank you for the nice review. I do want you to know that we DO have an awesome interface with both Quickbooks desktop and Quickbooks online. One click and you can send information to Quickbooks one event at a time or in batch. Please call your sales representative and they will set you up with it.

Sol R.

The program has revolutionized the ability to move from Mom & Pop to Corporate Seamlessly.

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

The software has changed my life and given me thousands of hours of time to better manage my business and my employees. Caterease has allowed me to take many companies from paper and pen to the cloud. Caterease has put many of my clients businesses back in their control.

Pros

The ease of use and windows familiar aspects of Caterease are perfect. Mark and the sales team have helped me as a food service consultant serve many of my clients needs. Customer Support is always available and knowledgeable. The software is not just a program but a catering operational system. I am able to customize so many parts that makes the system adapt to any company with comfort. I started using caterease years ago and the company has made updates many times and has made it exciting to look forward to. Years ago i would spend countless days and weeks making complex spreadsheets to calculate so many informational needs that i had to repeat weekly. Caterease has been built with so much functionality that my weekly repetitive work has dropped down to almost zero and my time as well as my employees time has spiked in productivity. This Software is priceless!!!!

Cons

What i like least about the software was that i had little access to information on events without my computer!! BUT they recently released the Caterease APP.... Now me and my team access event info on our phones and cant be happier.

Mary-louise T.

Enhance your Inhouse System by using Caterease

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Software has enabled me to double my business without adding extra support staff. It forces me to answer questions about my events ahead of time so when the event date arrives, I am fully prepared.

Pros

Well thought out! Software can be customized to do just about anything. It is easy to use - learning curve is approximately 6 weeks to become very comfortable with it. A myriad of reports to choose from and customize. Absolutely the best customer service of any software I've purchased. Very quick and clear response time, Questions are answered within a day. Phone and email support unrivaled. Developer is willing to work with End user.

Cons

1. Mouse scroll! I use this program at least 6 hours/day; finding those hiding scroll bars and scrolling is continually frustrating and annoying, especially when the detail grids are expanded. The program looks like Outlook and acts like Outlook with the exception of this feature.

2. Recommendation for data entry: In some places 'tab' gets you to the next column, and in some places it's 'down/up' arrow. Often frustrating to remember which to use. It's a waste of time to use your mouse when the 'tab' would do. I would recommend that this feature be streamlined so it's always either 'tab' or 'arrow' key (mouse still available, of course).

Response from Caterease

Mary-Louise - thank you for the wonderful review. I just wanted to tell you that you can disable the hidden scrollbar feature in your local preferences window. So sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused you.

Clarence R.

Caterease has the best customer service!!

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

This software produces professional proposals, contracts, and invoices with ease that my staff and the clients love. It also produces very specific paperwork that helps my culinary team and event staff produce and orchestrate the best events possible. The friendly, efficient customer service at Caterease is exceptional!

Pros

We have used this amazing catering software for over 24 years! It has grown and evolved with the industry over the years and remains the best catering software on the market - that I have ever seen. This product pays for itself and the cloud based version allows my staff to work on the fly from any venue, which saves time and money. My staff loves using the Caterease program. The help desk is always friendly, efficient, knowledgeable, and far exceed my expectations of customer service in today's market. They truly go the extra mile!!

Cons

I do not have any cons for this product or the support staff - give it a try - you, your staff and your clients will be glad you did!

Response from Caterease

Thank you, Clarence, for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with Caterease. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. You get five stars in our book, as well!

Candi K.

Makes my job so much easier!

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

This software is fabulous - you can access your program from anywhere in the world when you have Caterease Connect. The reports/queries are easy to manipulate to find the requested data. The engineers listen to our specific needs - requests show up in the next build! The software is VERY simple to use and can be customized for specific needs. The mobile app is great to check upcoming events on the fly. You can run a query to see how much of each item on your menu you've sold for a certain period of time, the forecast what the change in revenue would be if pricing increases/decreases. You can compare sales for a certain month /period to previous years, forecast future time periods and more. The time savings is phenomenal. What used to take hours can be produced in minutes. Our company has used Caterease for so long, I don't know how we would function without it.

Cons

The ONLY problem I have is sometimes tech support doesn't answer the phone because they are tied up on another call. BUT, emailing the support desk usually gets an answer quickly.

Caterease Connect helped bring our events process into the 21st century!

Reviewed on 2019/02/01
Review Source

Pros

I love the versatility of this software. It allows you to input information once and send it to many. It also provides real time reports, invoicing and event orders with one click! Because we use the web based software, I can access it anywhere I have internet connection or phone service. It allows smooth exporting to the calendar that our entire organization uses and allows others to read or print any set up information they need.
Since it is similar to Microsoft office in it's layout, it is very user friendly from the beginning. Service has been outstanding. with the chat feature and emails and FAQ sections for technical assistance there is virtually no wait time when you need help.

Cons

Only 2 things I don't like:
There is sometimes a lag when Google updates are released for Caterease to catch up. This causes headaches with my public event calendar.
To run caterease you have to have citrix installed and that can conflict with some programs causing your computer operation to slow down. (Especially with older models.)

David P.

Great product that makes business easier.

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

It makes our work easier.

Pros

The software is great overall! It interfaces with so many different programs, and it's been a huge help that makes our job easier. There is always more to learn about the software, so it's nice to keep adding to the list of abilities. In the past, we used two different programs for booking and invoicing, so it's a huge time saver. Our team only has to make updates once, so it minimizes potential for error.

Cons

I've had a support ticket for what seems like a simple fix in for a few months, and haven't really received much feedback on it. Also, if there is an issue with the interface, the support staff for each different software says that it is a problem with the other software, so that has been a little difficult.

Response from Caterease

David - Thank you for the kind words! According to our records, you seem to be using a fairly old version of our program. As you probably know, your updates are completely free - and I have confirmed that the feature you requested will indeed be included in our next release (in testing now). As a matter of fact, we improved upon the request by adding a couple of options! Thanks again! Chris Kopriva Caterease Software

Samantha F.

Contracts are easy than ever to put together.

Reviewed on 2018/01/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This product pays for itself. It is so easy to use and I love that it is cloud based.

Pros

I love that we are able to save line items such as our most popular menu items and their prices. It saves a ton of time being able to select the menu items from a list instead of retyping the product and price every single time. We write up about 100 contracts a day and about 40% of them have similar items so it saves a ton of time.

Cons

While lots of menu items and venues can be saved in the program, it would be helpful if we could also save the tax for the certain county. Each time we need to go and recheck what the tax is for certain areas.

Response from Chris

Samantha,

Thanks for the review - it's great to hear how much time Caterease is saving you! Just so you know, there actually is a way in the program to save a limitless list of tax schedules. You can even link individual schedules to specific clients or off premise site locations, so the taxes update automatically each time. It's another huge timesaver!

Please feel free to contact our help desk and someone there will be more than happy to walk you through the specifics.

Thanks again!

Chris Kopriva
Caterease Software

Tera G.

I would recommend Caterease to any catering company

Reviewed on 2017/07/24

Pros

We use Caterease in over 20 of our accounts and it has been a great relationship from Mark in the sales department to Theo and the other tech support crew in the tech support department. The program itself offers all the tools we need to build proposals, beo's, contracts, invoices, etc. It helps us manage our financial viability with the reporting tools it offers as well as prospecting new clients. Caterease offers ongoing training and new tips to help maximize the program to its fullest potential. I would recommend Caterease to any company offering catering services from an off-site caterer to any on site facility.

Cons

We haven't found anything that we don't like. It does everything we've wanted it to do as far as a software is concerned.

Caterease is a very detailed software for catering facilities but not the most user friendly

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

A lot of events/venues to have access to the same information/database

Pros

The possibilities are endless (Creating kitchen prep list, cost, ordering, budgetting, creating BEO's, templates, financial possibilities)

Cons

The software is a little archaic and is not the most user friendly. A lot of the functionality would certainly be used more often if the software was easier to use. A lot of duplicate information has to be entered

Response from Caterease

Thank you for the kind words. We've just released a brand new, cutting-edge version of Caterease. Please call our offices so we can arrange training on it for you. We want you to feel fully comfortable with all facets of the software.

You will find that there is never "duplicate information" that needs to be entered into Caterease.

Again - thank you for your kind words.

6.0/10
Clb C.

Have used Caterease in various positions with 2 employers. Have used one other catering system

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

Ease of use across systems (adding an event, account or client is all done with the same + / - icon )

Cons

Unable to batch print or email documents as one attachment
Unable to view the content of sent emails from within Caterease
Unable to pull up an "outstanding invoice list" across accounts

Response from Caterease

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our software.

Just to clarify: You can batch print and email documents. You can also view the contents of sent emails from within Caterease. You can also review outstanding invoice lists across accounts.

In fact, you can combine all three and batch email attached invoices to all accounts with outstanding balances. Please call our help desk and we'll be happy to show you how. Thanks again for your review.

7.0/10
Kris C.

Caterease is easy to use and set up. For our daily use it provides most of the needed functions.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

Online login function and can be used anywhere. Easy to copy multiple events, but pricing doesn't always copy. Query funtions for reports, finance and daily events.

Cons

When updates are made it takes too long to work out the kinks and get our individual set ups back to our settings. Would like better ways to compare year to year financials.

Response from Caterease

Kris, Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, some settings need to be reset during major updates - otherwise, you will not see some of the new features. We do try to keep this to a minimum and notify customers ahead of time.

Also, try the "Yearly Sales Comparison" report. It offers a flexible way to compare year to year financials.

Thanks again for your review.

Niklaus K.

Caterease is powerful and there's a lot to it.

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Pros

The sheer amount of features with Caterease is astounding. There is so much it can do from scheduling and pricing events to inputting menu items, and much more! The integrated tutorials are helpful.

Cons

The interface isn't as intuitive as I would like. It seems like it's in need of a facelift. I feel like we maybe use 20% of all the features we're able to use.

Response from Caterease

Niklaus,

Thank you for your comments about our program. We pride ourselves in the robust collection of features we offer to satisfy the needs of any catering and event planning operation.

We also deliberately design our program to mirror the functionality of the most common Office applications ¿ to keep the learning curve small. From our records, it seems you are using a version of Caterease that is many years old. There is no charge at all for your company to update ¿ and take advantage of new design options as well as a host of powerful new features! I think you will really like the look and feel of this latest version, which reflects the modern design of other Windows 10 applications. Feel free to contact our help desk today and anyone there will be able to assist you.

Marie B.

Caterease is customizable and easy to use on the go!

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Pros

How customizable it is! We were really able to take the software and use it how it best suited and helped our company. And each of our Sales Team can customize their screens and views to how it best suits their day-to-day needs. The Caterease team constantly provides updates and strives to better fit everyone's needs. We recently switched to the web-based server and it makes a huge difference for our Sales Team.

Cons

As with any software, there are bugs/glitches, etc. but the support teams works quick to fix them and update the software with changes.

Wendy G.

Caterease is simply the BEST!

Reviewed on 2017/06/12

Because we love this software so much, there isn't much we don't like about it. Try it out and you'll understand what we mean.

Pros

I have been using this amazing program for over 24 years. It is the most versatile and user friendly software I have ever used. The prints are flexible - yet SO professional. Anytime I call or email, the response time is amazing, their customer service far exceeds today's standard! I always appreciate the friendly, patient, & efficient support staff, they have an awesome product and an amazing staff to support it.

Great Concept but Very Buggy. Slow customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

If it was operational 100% there be many but every week there something going wrong

Pros

The concept is great tool for caterers, though you have to pay for every add on
When its operational - i love it

Cons

- Very over priced!!!
- Forever having issues with the program not working. I lose too much time having to followup with customer service to fix issues.
- Is hosted on a 3rd party platform and its forcing a new download access everytime. this make it slow as.. Other CRMs have been smoother operationally.
- You have to pay for every addon... completely stupid idea and makes for costly program. the Web forms are hosted on a separate website which means you cannot customise without using customer service.
- every update seems to create more issues
- its slow in operation to change to different screens
- it doesnt communicate with zapier so creating external forms or merging data is all manual

Response from Caterease

While we're glad you love the program features and concept, we¿re sorry to hear you've had problems. Please know we¿re extremely focused on the performance of our program, and developers work tirelessly to shave precious seconds off of features and ensure a positive experience for every user. Unfortunately, with variables such as internet speed, hardware and more it can be necessary for our team to work with you to troubleshoot your environment.

I realize you are a relatively new user, but I want to encourage you to not accept anything less than exceptional performance, and not assume that any slowdown is the norm for our program. Please contact our support team and we will do we all we can to bring your program's performance up to par with our thousands of other satisfied users.

Regarding price, please know our program has a huge list of features no other software offers, all for no extra price, and advanced modules with unique additional functionality are all purely optional.

0.0/10
Mindy M.

We love Caterease

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

We have used Caterease for over 10 years. We couldn't run our business without it. Thank you for your support.

Pros

The software is easy to use. It keeps track of all of my events. The support team is always great to help me with any question that I have. I am not very good with technology and they always answer my questions in terms that I understand. They stay on the phone with me until my problem is resolved.

Cons

I wish the e mails through Caterease would hold an attachment.

Jet B.

We use Caterease for our Hotel Conference Center booking and catering.

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Time savings and a great way for staff to stay up-to-date on scheduled events. Prevents double booking and overbooking for staff available.

Pros

Makes scheduling easy & can customize to fit our needs. Mobile app makes checking on schedule while out of the office a breeze! Awesome customer service and great training available. Video tips are always accessible to learn a new feature or to review how to do something.

Cons

So many components to learn the function of and some features are added cost. Would like more "side by side" function of having multiple managers (ie: scheduler & event manager) on screen at once.

Jr E.

Very easy to use and great support and training available!

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

Ease of use, dependability, easy training, fast support, extensive thought put in to each aspect of program.

Cons

On site training is very expensive. However, we have found the website and support desk can help us through most questions and training for free.

Response from Caterease

Thanks Jr for your kind words. Just to let you know, we have many different options besides onsite training - many of which are free. Give us a call and we'd be happy to go over all of them with you and your team.

Shirley B.

Caterease has helped make Kimble's Events by Design the successful company we are today!

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Pros

We do love our Caterease package!! We have been users since 2000 so we have grown up with Caterease!! It is efficient and easy to use and gives us all that data and management tools we need to make our events a success!! We also just decided to research the mobile version of the program as we are going to have a sales person in the field in a couple of months! It truly is a great partnership!

James M.

Wonderful Program

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

my office really loved this program ,

Pros

Caterease makes a smooth and functional job entering and viewing of catring data , easy for both clients and staff to use . The program is constantly adapting to the needs of the clients and listens to the needs of catering professionals

Cons

the tracing function was in need of improving but the programs itself updates and adapts frequently

Travis A.

Caterease and its support staff is AWESOME

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

Ease of use, our entire team from FOH to BOH, chefs and sales team are huge fans of using this software!

Cons

nothing! this software is really fantastic! it is easy to use, user friendly and the customer service is amazing!

Response from Caterease

Thank you Travis for such an nice review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours and your teams and we don't take anything for granted. Cheers..

Shirley B.

We have used this software since 2000 and LOVE the ease of use and customer support

Happy Customers!!!

Pros

Ease of use, professional quality documents for our customers, Customer service is always very helpful

Cons

I can't think of a thing we don't like about the software we use it daily and have never had any issues - this is truly the easiest and most complete software to manager our catering business

Chris B.

Buyer Beware

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

The sales team did not really describe the complexity in setting up this program. Basically you get a complete catering program that must be built up from ground floor by the client. I spent months trying to switching from my current catering software program and never was able to get the program to work. Finally after a few months we took a loss on the money and abandoned the program all together. I could only see the program working for a large company with an IT department that could handle programming the systems to fit the organization. NOT for any form of a small business.

Pros

Caterease has a ton of options. But all must be programmed by the client. High level of computer knowledge and time required.

Cons

Everything is very complex and must be programmed. Our team went from spending hours booking clients to hours learning and programming Caterease. Very very complex and requires a ton of hours to set-up. We even started losing money because all our time was spent setting-up the program. Nothing with this program is "Ready To GO". Very bloated. Many systems are listed in different areas creating a very congested and bloated feel to the UI

Response from Caterease

Chris,

I¿m very sorry you¿re having a tough time transitioning to your new Caterease program. We are well-known for our extreme ease-of-use, but sometimes people who are not used to common Office Products have a slightly tougher time adjusting. Please stick with it ¿ and know that our entire team is here to assist however we can!

Caterease is also known for its amazing flexibility ¿ so much of the program, from screens to prints, can be completely customized. Of course, we deploy the program ¿ready to go¿ with default settings. However, if a user like you wants to completely customize things to his particular needs, that does require a little setup on your part. Most programs don¿t let you customize anything at all. With Caterease, you can simply use the robust, complete program we send you straight out of the box or choose to customize it yourself!

0.0/10

Great for conference center use!

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

I enjoy working with it daily and it enables my team to access the information they need to successfully book catered events.

Pros

I love the ability to pull simple reports quickly and permission settings.

Cons

It's not very user-friendly and can be slow. Pulling detailed reports is difficult because of limited search functions.

7.0/10