Workday Financial Management

Fresh approach to financial management

• Industry: Automotive

User friendly interface

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Workday Financials gave us much needed reporting capabilities that we weren't getting from other software. The fact that it integrates with our HRM system makes it easier to drill into certain data sets. Adding attachments to invoices and journal entries has essentially turned us into a paperless office.

Pros

Workday Financials is user friendly and has some great reporting capabilities. The interface looks fresh and it's easy to navigate. Each new release adds additional utility. The Workday Community is a great tool to post ideas and get real world advice from other companies experiencing the same issues.

Cons

Workday runs slow sometimes, especially on days when we're loading payroll and there's a lot of data going through the system. Sometimes Workday gives cryptic and seemingly random error messages.

Tiffany Y.
  • Industry: Accounting

Your usual financial software

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Okay overall, don’t really see anything outstanding compared to other financial softwares

Pros

Allows user to save particular reports for easy access in the future, especially great if you need recurring reports.

Cons

There should be some sort of a filter feature. I find it troublesome when looking up vendor in the search bar, but unable to refine by cost center or BU without going through pulling the ledger entries.

Sasha B.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Not completely bad, but not user friendly.

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

I use it mainly to look at my check stubs, but it does that quite well.

Pros

I like that once you figure it out it's simple to use, and make it easy to access your information.

Cons

It's not too user friendly when you first start using it. It definitely takes some getting used to.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Workday is not for every business

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

My overall experience with Workday is sometimes frustrating since I cannot get the reports I need to do my job. I work with the filing of 1099s for all the vendors and it's impossible to run reports with the information I need in order to report accurately to the IRS.

Pros

Workday enables businesses to view all their financials in just a few clicks.

Cons

Usually when a report is exported to excel, it's hard to view since the columns contain information that are irrelevant and need to be hidden.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

A powerful tool with a terrible UI

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

Employees will accept having to use Workday to manage their taxes, etc. I'm not aware of an alternative for large companies. It will, however, be a perpetual pain point for employees.

Pros

Workday is used by large companies for a reason - companies with employees throughout the US or even internationally can gain immense value from Workday. It takes a lot of the legwork out of managing financials with large numbers of employees for the company.

Cons

The user interface for actual employees leaves a lot to be desired. Performing even simple tasks can take multiple minutes of digging through menus.

Kristy E.

Workday Review

Reviewed on 2016/11/17

I find it easy to use and navigate through. We are just getting some of the new features so I am not sure about it as a whole package yet, but so far, the accounting piece is very good.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

An excellent solution to make all of those once tedious tasks much easier.

Pros

This product has made work in our HR space so much more streamlined. From talent management, to recruiting, to benefits and obviously, financial reporting internally. Budget keeping is no longer the massive chore it used to be.

Cons

Because Workday is a holistic solution for HR, there are minor limitations, but those hardly impact it's greater value.

Rachel S.

Workday Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/29

I use workday to keep track of all my important company information. Overall I would say it's a good platform, but it needs some updating to make it more user friendly. Epically the time and absence widgets. I'm not a huge fan of how this program functions.

Pros

I like being able to access my personal information, my performance, my time, my benefits, etc. all in one location.

Cons

I don't like how difficult it is to track my time. We have a lock out every week and it is difficult to keep track of the hours I work. I usually have to write them down on a sticky note and transfer them back in once the lock out is over. Very inconvenient. I also don't like how I have to go to a different screen to include my absences like PTO or Maternity leave. It's been somewhat of a mess trying to keep track of al my hours and benefits.

Excellent, I can have all the analysis of my management in a single financial management...

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

Allows me to register new levels of financial efficiency and business performance with Workday accounting software, I could quickly respond to anomalies as they happen with reports and in-memory accounting, I could manage all activity with configurable business processes. A great benefit is that I have accomplished to change proactively to internal and external changes without IT resources or costly customizations.

Pros

I like most is that it gives me the possibility of having all the analysis of my management in a single financial management system. I find it interesting that it helps me to lead strategic planning and find the best ways for the profitability of my new business.

Cons

I'm practically new using the tool, but I think it would be useful to include the possibility of including the initial data of the company and predict its productivity in the short term.

Kelli T.

Workaround

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

When we initially started using this product it was very cumbersome. It improved some of our old processes but then seemed to make other worse. It has either gotten better or we have just gotten use to it. We have also had some issues with invoices getting lost in the system and had to recreate them in order to get them to process. They recently changed the requisition creation and it is not clear what the end user needs to do once they enter a line item. Overall I like the product but I feel it could still be improved. We just started using the HR function this week and so far I like what I see.

Pros

The reporting capabilities and the ability to drill down in functions to get to the info you need.

Cons

Not always user friendly. The error notes are not very helpful in pointing you to the specific line that has an issue.

Walker E.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Most Intuitive Yet

Reviewed on 2019/12/30

Workday has been the most enjoyable experience in my career. Nobody likes to fiddle around with software that looks outdated and glitchy when they’re dealing with their paycheck.

Pros

This has been the most intuitive software for entering payroll information and altering personal information for payroll as well. We’ve never had an issue with Workday and plan on using it forever!

Cons

The only difficult thing to figure out is how many hours you have for the week. Sometimes when you have holiday hours or vacation hours it’s hard to tell how many hours you actually have for the week without submitting it.

Libby M.

Simple product

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Great tracking tool for a business that has multiple roles/jobs that are salaries, hourly, and contracted.

Pros

Easy to use and simple product. Does the necessary work and training isn’t necessary bc tool is intuitive.

Cons

Doesn’t have bells and whistles and doesn’t make sense to add on because of the support you get from the basic package.

Kellie H.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Workday is an easy-to-use software that keeps everything in one place

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

I am very satisfied with the use of workday in our company.

Pros

It's easy to understand, and I do not have trouble finding what I need it. It is simple to use and effeicent for our personal management needs.

Cons

Requesting absences is not often a smooth process. There are often errors that pop up that are not accurate.

Excellent Financial Tool

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

My overall experience in Workday was fantastic. I would recommend it to everyone.

Pros

I love the aesthetics and the ease of use. I am not a lover of numbers but Workday made it almost seem fun to do my accounts through here. It's easy to use, to track your finances and make changes when needed. There is no fuss, no hiccups, just easy and almost fun to use because it works smoothly.

Cons

Nothing. I can't think of anything to help improve this system. I love it.

Amy rose G.

Amazing, Unlike Any Other

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

Pros

- Easy to use
- Mobility
- Analytics
- Dashboards
- Reporting
- Extremely Self Serving
- Amazing Ecosystem

Matthew B.

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

• Industry: Warehousing

Very awesome service

Reviewed on 2019/11/23

Well it helps me get my payslip even faster than waiting in line it helps me request time off if I want to so when it comes to flexibility this is the right app for work and software

Pros

I like this software because it shows me my payslips my schedules my time off pretty much everything I need from work

Cons

The only thing I cannot do on the app is set up my health insurance with the company I work for but other than that I can do pretty much anything through the software in the app

Gurvinder S.
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2018/01/07

Gaurav paras S.

Awesome tool to manage finance in-house

Reviewed on 2017/05/09

Pros

User-friendly, easy access, secure to end user

It's easy to provide weekly, monthly and yearly view for Planning

Cons

Sometimes slow to access

Customize reports needs to enhance.

Projection reports needs to add for analyzing future trend

Anne W.

Workday _ lots of options

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

everything is in one place - time off; evaluations; goals; job openings. I love one-stop shops

Cons

Never had figured out how to get rid of certain items or delete them specifically in the job interest. I have them lingering on the side but would like to delete. Can't figure it out :-)

Workday review

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Overall I have had a good experience with Workday

Pros

Workday is an easy to use time management software. Unlike a lot of internal time management software Workday can be used through their app on your phone. It is convenient if something comes up and you need to make an adjuster to you work schedule on the run.

Cons

Overall I do not have any complaints about Workday

Dennis M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Best software for financial management and reporting

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

accurate reports that i forwarded to the management for enabling the decision making process in the company

Pros

It provides accurate reports and financial tools thus proving to very reliable
It can be used to generate monthly and annual reports therefore help in future financial forecasting

Cons

In case where connections are not strong and secure, it can be difficult to access
In case wrong and corrupted data is fed, the reports will be inaccurate as it relies on the information fed to it

Danny A.

Vital for funds management

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

Overall my experience has been good, it’s important for me to keep track of my payments

Pros

The ability to keep track of my payments and make sure im getting paid correctly for holidays and paid days off

Cons

Wish it worked with my iPod instead I have to use it on the desktop computer in the break room at work

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Many Features With Difficult Implementation

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

I think it will be a great benefit to our employees once we get everything set up as it should be.

Pros

Workday offers a huge variety of features and modules to tailor to almost any business model or structure.

Cons

Not all features are well explained on how to set up and implement. Implementation can take much longer than planned.

• Industry: Sports

Workday for Office Life

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

We love workday. It is so simple and really streamlines the work process between employees and employers.

Pros

I enjoy that all of our employees use workday and it makes it very simple to approve their time, as opposed to having to check time cards or check into another account. You can do everything from Workday, enter your time, ask for time off, track employees time, send employee messages, check your pay stubs, see your benefits, and lots more.

Cons

I don' think there are really any cons! It is very simple to use, and is easy to access from a phone as well.