Kayako

Unified customer service platform

4 /5 (158 reviews) Write a Review!

4 /5
Anita S.

Best software for internal and external email communication

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

I love using kayako as it has been the best communication platform which not only allows me to communicate but also provides me reports on any urgent email that I need to act on immediately which saves me from delayed tasks and replies.
Since we switched from outlook to kayako software for inter-team and client communication, kayako has provided the best communication platform which allowed us to to have an organized, easy to refer to and not only use but also can view any sent/received email from any location via any device.

Pros

Kayako has been the best communication platform for professional communication that I have used so far. Kayako is recommended for both inter-team and external - client communication. The best feature of kayako is that it allows you to organize your emails into folder based on departments, status and the nature of the email content.
Also using other type of email platforms has been a worry at times and time consuming when trying to find all the back and forth communication happened on one email thread by multiple people, but kayako provides the best solution by capturing all the communication happened on one subject/email which is sent and received by one or many, in the same email thread which we call a "Ticket"

Interface of kayako can be designed and created as per the user's requirement and preference.
Also referring to an email has been very convenient as each ticket carries its own unique Ticket ID.

It also provides reports on emails based on its nature. ex: overdue, received within 24hrs and etc based on rules we set which allows to the user to be more organized, effective and proactive.

Cons

Understanding and using the software is essential as it doesn't function like other email platforms but has its own organized interface. Inter team communication The software is mainly build for professional communication however I wish it could have few other options like adding colors, tables and etc but apart from that no other cons to mention.

Expensive for small companies, and sometimes buggy, but a great customer experience

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

Generally great experience for the end user, but could use some occasional polish.

Pros

Really easy and streamlined customer experience. The support for a JWT-based sign in for customers into the help centre means that people have a single account to sign in to everything, rather than creating separate accounts like you'd have to do with Zendesk or similar, and it just makes life a whole lot easier overall. The widget is nicely-designed, neat and unobtrusive.

Cons

For a single agent, the plans are quite expensive, especially if you want functionality like customer SSO. I also find the notifications it provides are very iffy, sometimes not being delivered - and for some infuriating reason, there's no option to deliver emails for replies only when you're not already online!

Domenico T.

Flexible and focused, built around fresh concepts and technologies.

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

We set up our help-desk website and our support ticket system in no time.
Multiple channels support (email and in-app chat in our use case) and case merging feature helped us keeping our support backlog clean and readable.

Pros

I love it's UX design that feels modern and easy to use. The conversation metaphore is very powerful and automation macros system is really neat.

Cons

Software internationalization and available translations are poor.
Even if my team contributed full UI translation for language 'it' on transifex most of the UI is not translated yet. More than a year has passed since then.
If you need to support multi-language for your users, check that required languages have full support.

Hannah M.
  • Industry: Banking

Kayako From a Customer Service Perspective

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Pros

It it nice to be able to pull up multiple conversations/tickets within one window, as it made it easy to switch between current ongoing projects and also complete research with little confusion. Also, Kayako shows in real-time who is looking at a ticket, thus it made it easy for Customer Service as we could see if someone was already working on that ticket. One of the nice things about Kayako was the ability to see when the recipients of an email opened it or looked at it. If there were several recipients, it would break down who opened the email, when. Thus, from a documentation standpoint, if someone was claiming to have never received an email, we were able to show that they had in fact opened the email.

Cons

There were few reporting tools and there was no way to set follow-up tasks. We relied on setting reminders on another system like our Google calendar. Also, Kayako was getting quite expensive, which was one of the big factors in our company switching to a different ticketing system.

Mike D.

It's great, but we like to be as efficient as possible, which means tabbing through everything.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Easy access to the emails we want, especially from Amazon.

Pros

The look and feel. the customization options and custom insights. Filtering and suspending messages options. Ability to send all the messages we want to our inbox and not the ones we don't want.

Cons

Can't tab through and select "type, priority" etc. quickly without clicking (you could in the old Kayako). Can't forward or CC a message easily. Images and attachments not perfect. A little slow.
I also can't figure out how to remove the "message sent from Kayako" signature. This should not be required since we pay for the product and it can be embarrassing when we're trying to send professional emails, so we opt out and use Outlook for those.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Please be aware this is a review for an year-old version of Kayako

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

I used Kayako A LOT on a previous position for all our customers and clients communications and to manage ticket assignment to my team (later, we switched to Intercom).
While it served its purpose at the time, for a team of about thirteen support engineers, we never feel comfortable with it. It was plagued of usability issues and it wasn't strange to hear a comply - and even some cursing - upon its lack of functionality and flexibility. In the end, we eventually moved to Intercom since it also let us integrate the helpdesk with our (at that time) brand-new mobile apps.

Pros

- Fast to load
- Just enough features to handle customer support request via a ticketing system

Cons

- Cumbersome and ugly UI makes difficult to find what you're looking for if you don't know where to look
- Lack of flexibility to manage tickets and assign them to the team
- Some features missing

Ernest L.

so far great. good response time. Love the new installed version of Kayako. It's so much...

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Pros

the speed increase and the stability even though we have 100's of thousands of tickets.
I'm assuming you're using more AJAX to load content which helped to improve the speed.
I especially like the "light" design and how minimalistic the design of the site is. The focus is on speed which in return helps with speed of customer service.
Use of the LoginShare to connect with OAuth2 to allow single login ID is fantastic.

Cons

somewhat complex upgrade.
technically the upgrade process is not that bad considering the sheer number of attachments in the system.

Ali K.

I have used many Service desk systems but Kayako is the best of all

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

1. Multi department integration & queues in one interface
2. Easy SQL to generate possibly any report you want
3. Full Active directory integration
4. Best of Customer service i know of.
5. The support team knows what they are talking about. The resolution to any of my issues resolve in less then 20 min
6. Staff automatically know what to do
7. Knowledge base is very helpful

Cons

1. Searching is a big pain ( Good luck searching with tags )
2. Online support require ugly desktop software

Selorm A.

It been an exciting experience and has improve customer engagement tremendously

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

It really improved our engagements with our customer, prospects and visitors who visit our webpage on daily basics as well as seeking support and customer services.

Pros

It's ease of use, especially with tickets creation and handling as well as tracking tickets, color categorization for easy identification of customers and prospect based.

Cons

Sending attachments to customers most at times does not really go through, sometimes it has to be sent 3 or 4 times before client confirm receipt of the file

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Awesome platform, great service!

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

Kayako provides the flexibility we need to keep engaged and communicated both with our external and internal customers. Our support departments love the simplicity and clarity of the communication, and our clients have gained a tool through which they feel close to our team. Working with Kayako has made our life easier!

Cons

There are not many cons to our experience. Even as we believe that the tool might help us better integrate additional internal users to simplify the behind-the-scenes processes we have, we do believe that they way the tool is built now is great.

Effective tool for customer support

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

Easy to use software, makes customer tracking, communication, and support more efficient. I use it mainly for the ticketing system to keep the company as well as the customers who log faults up to date on the status of their support ticket.

Cons

As I have used many live chat software in my field, I am not too fond of the live chat ability of Kayako for websites. The implementation is not very user friendly.

Shlomit F.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Overall very satisfied , we were able to implement our SLA policy

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

visibility on our customer support service, how many tickets are opened, what is the average time of handling, how many were escalated. etc.

Pros

it's flexibility , the option to insert macro's , the reports are really great and you can build any report you want

Cons

i don''t like the new pricing program, we were one of the first customer purchased this and when needed to renew support this year we were very surprised

Joe P.

Kayako has changed our member experience because now members have one central platform for...

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

great customer service

Pros

The way you can have email flow into Kayako and form request in one system.
The macros which allow quick answers to everyday request.
The tech support is great and always have a solution

Cons

To change from Classic to the hosted version is a big change and if you have customized pages something will not transfer over.

Johnny C.

I used Kayako every day for years. It was really easy to figure out how to use it.

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Pros

- Easy to navigate
- The interface is very intuitive
- 1,000,000,000x Better than our previous ticketing software
- Easy to reassign tickets to other staff
- Easy to leave detailed notes on tickets

Cons

- Macros didn't always work
- Ugly colors
- Forgot Password option didn't always work
- Sometimes people who responded to tickets were HUGE bad

Daniel T.

We've used Kayako for years and it's been great!

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

Great product. Great Support.

Pros

Simple, Easy to Use, Customisable and Good Support. We've used this software for over 6 years now and it's never let us down.

Cons

Some areas could use updating but they're not broken, just need some improvement :) Also the recent pricing increase was expected but of course paying more for something is always a dislike :)

Shaila G.

Amazing

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

The tracking ability is fantastic. You will always be able to refer to a ticket and who the last agent was who handles it.

Cons

Reporting is a little complicated. Especially when you have to create your own report. I also feel that there should be some more training on how to use the special features when you sign up.

Kurtis S.

IT Admin instructed me use this, it works well

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Able to track Sales and Support tickets easily!

Pros

I can view customer info easily
I can leave detailed notes for my coworkers
The flag feature is helpful for different tags

Cons

A little unintuitive
Sometimes is a little slow
Crashes on occasion, and when it does other systems tend to fail too.

Stephen D.

excellent product and support. have been using for years and highly recommend

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

Pros

I like that we are able to integrate it into our workflow using the APIs. It is easy to use and helps us manage lots of support email and phone calls.

Cons

It has got more costly over the years, with a per-user-per-month license fee and support requires a separate support fee

Melissa P.

It has been a good experience except when it comes to renew licensing.

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Pros

Ease of use, features, email alerts, categories, issues identifications, ticket statuses, the notes sections are very important to us.

Cons

Pricing is high, didn't work well with Jira plugin and other plugins we wanted to integrate with Kayako.

Alex L.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

We used Support Suite for tickewting emails and live chat

Reviewed on 2019/02/23

Pros

At the time, this tool was the big guy in the industry. It was overall very easy to use, and the support chat function was a gamechanger for us.

Cons

Pay to upgrade was the old way of doing things.

Brandon Z.

My new favorite live-chat service

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

Kayako enables my visitors to easily connect with me. This in turns helps me to turn visitors into customers. Kayako was the best live-chat service of the several that I tested. (Kayako vs Freshchat vs Drift)

Pros

Comparing several live chat services, Kayako ended up being the clear winner. Here are a couple of the deciding factors:

1) The embedded live chat looks great. The design is fun and fresh. Love it.
2) It's a continuous/seamless experience. Visitors click the chat icon, start a chat, and are immediately prompted, right there, for an email. No jarring visual changes. Kayako keeps things nice and simple.
3) The dashboard/backend is great. The whole Kayako experience is great for both me and my visitors.

Cons

I ended up hitting a snag with Kayako in that my trial had expired and service had been discontinued, but the Kayako embed on my website continue to appear as though the service was operational (While Kayako does offer a free plan, you must enter CC info. So you don't automatically roll into the free plan at the end of a trial).

However, I chatted with support (who were great) and they will hopefully make some changes to improve this.

Zane L.

Excessive Charges For Existing Customers

Reviewed on 2017/10/15

I recommend buying an alternate solution instead of Kayako until such time as they look after their customers, stop hiking the prices up and respond to support requests.

Pros

The download version is excellent software and has many great features for supporting customers via email, telephone and live chat.

Cons

Kayako charge existing customers that have perpetual licenses extremely high charges for support. Kayako introduced new excessive support and upgrade charges well beyond the original agreement that perpetual licences holders had originally agreed and signed up for. Failure to pay the additional charges means that software updates are not available. Kayako has many bugs which are resolved with the upgrades.

Nathaniel B.

A solid product with a lot of potential

Reviewed on 2015/02/23

Pros

Self hosting is an option that a lot of vendors don't offer in this day in age. It allows for powerful integrations and customization (if you have the patience and know PHP). We are able to self-host it on the Rackspace cloud and have it integrated into a site with 15k/Daily Unique visitors without any issues.

Cons

They've substantially raised the pricing since we adopted the system (nearly 4x).

Glenn E.

it does what you want in an ok format

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Pros

Mobile access when needed, web based, built in helpdesk to carry all our articles for customers to review , online chat is useful.

Cons

Search, how contacts are added, you cannot see all call activity easily, feels like a collection of calls not a database. It would be nice to be able to search the helpdesk within a call and link to an article instantly with out building a macro.

Chris P.

Fantastic and hassle free since day dot

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Ease of use and a single place for all support to take place

Pros

Easy to use software that is pleasing on the eye. All members of the team have enjoyed the implementation of this process within our company.

Cons

I am yet to see a limitation within our current needs when using Kayako. Hopefully i havent spoken to soon..