ApplicantStack Reviews

Rebecca
Rebecca
  • Industry: Farming
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

User-Friendly Software, Great Support Staff!

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

I've really enjoyed working with ApplicantStack. We're a seasonal business, and I requested a feature involving reference forms in 2013, and they said they would have it ready by the time I was ready to start hiring in 2014, and they did!

The support team is really great. I've worked with a lot of the same folks over the years, which really helps when they know and understand your business and your specific needs.

Pros

ApplicantStack is really easy to learn. The cost was what really drew us in 6 years ago, and the price is still the same -- even with all the new features that are regularly added!

Cons

There are a few functions that other major ATS systems use that ApplicantStack does not have, but the benefits of those other ATS systems certainly don't outweigh the cost.
A few things I would love to see: Paychex Integration, the ability to text applicants, and some "logic": I'd like folks to be able to answer a few questions before being directed to the correct application.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Rebecca!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

We do partner with Paychex! Please contact support so we can assist you.
I will forward your feedback to our development team. All the items you mention are on the development list.

Allison

Easier than my old paper applications

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

I am pretty new to using ApplicantStack, but it has been an easy way to manage job applications so far. It has overall been a positive experience and has saved me time. As an HR department of one, I had to find something like this to stay on top of my hiring. Their customer service is really good, very helpful and friendly when I have questions. I came into this HR position and the company had used only the same paper application for over 30 years, and applicants would miss a signature or not check yes or no on something. Using ApplicantStack makes sure I get only complete applications, which is really nice.

Pros

It is convenient to have automatic emails sent when an application reaches certain stages, and that was easy to customize. Each stage was easy to customize, and the automatic emails save me a lot of time. I also like the automated job board posting.

Cons

It could be a little more user friendly. It is generally pretty good, but I think it could be improved.

Breezy

Reasons for Switching to ApplicantStack

ApplicantStack seemed to be easier to set up and use. The price point was also better, which is important for a non-profit like I work at.

Response from Swipeclock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.I will forward your feedback to our development team.

Sheris
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

ApplicantStack review from a user

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

For day to day and because I've only used this program, it works. Pulling/finding/creating reports is incredibly frustrating. Searching for individuals can often be frustrating. If I found a program that had more ease for things that were more behind the scenes, I might be tempted to try it.

Pros

For the most part I like that information on each client/caregiver is located in one place that is easy to access. I like that it is fairly organized.

Cons

The client/caregiver search bar is horrible - sometimes I type in the exact name and nothing appears. Sometimes I type in the whole first or last name and nothing appears and then I have to go to the CAREGiver or client tab to find who I am looking for. Once clients and caregivers are deactivated they shouldn't come up on the search bar when only active is selected. Running reports overall is difficult and not user friendly. The system doesn't send out alerts to caregivers on a regular basis as requested - it's hit and miss. If a caregiver is marked as unavailable for a shift at some point on the future calendar and you assign a new reoccurring client, it doesn't alert you to the unavailable shift and thus schedules the caregiver to the client. Often times the program runs incredibly slowly. Reports don't always import into Excel properly. I can't purge my system of client/caregiver entries that are not relevant, so they clutter my search feed. There is no report for client contacts - this is inconvenient in an emergency setting.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Sheris!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

I am forwarding your review to your account manager and he will go over the items you mentioned in the review.

If at any point you ever need assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to help!

Julie

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

ApplicantStack has been very effective in finding good quality people. It is easy to use and we get many new employees off of here.

Pros

The software works well and is easy to use for the most part. We get many applicants from using this software.

Cons

It is a little confusing when trying to post a new job listing.

Response from Swipeclock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

Please let us know what we can do to earn a 5-star rating across all categories.

I will forward your feedback to our development team.

Nicholas
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Hr director with 15 years of experience with ATS systems

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

Overall the beat ATS system I’ve experienced. Hands down

Overall the beat ATS system I’ve experienced. Hands down

Pros

The ease of functionality and use, and the integration with other software. Although I would love for it to integrate with Isolved.

Cons

No text app to correspond via text. There are other systems that use this and it is vital you get this function.

ADP Workforce Now and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing ApplicantStack

Open to trying a more robust system, even if pricing was significantly more.

Reasons for Switching to ApplicantStack

The capability to customize more than the staple ATS systems.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Nicolas!
Thank you for the review. I will forward your information along to our product team.

Maria

Applicant Stack worked for us during the Panemic

Reviewed on 2021/04/15

During the pandemic we were able to get this up and running for potential employees to apply online and do on-boarding papers online as well. Made it convenient while I was working from home I was able to move forward with hiring staff.

Pros

Creating your own forms. Email communication.

Cons

Difficulty helping applicants when they forget their login. Live customer support is hard to get. Once they helped set us up, I've called 2x's with questions and needing support, they don't call back.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to ApplicantStack

Was quoted faster and needed to get something up and running quickly.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Maria. I'm happy we were able to help you hire during the pandemic. Good luck in 2021!

Samantha

Great

Reviewed on 2021/04/23

Great they're awesome. We switched to ADP and it was horrible. We decided to switch back to Applicant Stack

Pros

I love that I can easily choose where i want to place a position

Cons

I don't like that I can't choose how to filter things. Example is not being able to see the facility name when a candidate applied

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Samantha, thank you for your great review of ApplicantStack!

Jessica
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Applicant Stack meets our needs

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

This has been a very professional experience. Everyone I have worked with has been prompt and thorough. I am so glad that we transitioned to ApplicantStack for both recruiting and onboarding.

Pros

I love having the recruiting and onboarding all in one place!

Cons

Stage progression for reporting is a little challenging.

Response from Swipeclock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

Ashley
  • Industry: Human Resources

ApplicantStack User

Reviewed on 2023/06/29

The overall experience has been pleasant. No major issues or difficulties with usage.

Pros

ApplicantStack is a standard recruiting system and our company uses the system to recruit applicants. The onboarding feature is helpful and we use it to allow new hire to complete their onboarding documentation. You can pretty much tailor ApplicantStack to how you choose to use it (such as what questions to ask on an application, etc).

Cons

Wish that customer support had a customer service number to get quicker answers instead of only emailing in inquiries. The onboarding feature does not allow applicants to edit documents that have been submitted, so an administrator would need to re-assign the same document for new hire to complete again instead of just editing (which would be easier).

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for the great review of ApplicantStack. For more information on support and onboarding I'd be happy to connect you with your account manager and you can learn more in our knowledge base linked below.

Donna
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great product at a reasonable price

Reviewed on 2023/07/05

Pros

We use Applicant Stack in our Consulting practice and recommend it to our clients. For a small to mid size business it is the perfect applicant tracking system at a very reasonable price. Implementation is easy and customer service is great.

Cons

The only con I can speak of is that when using the tasks to take notes while interviewing the form does not save as you go along so if there is some sort of disruption or if the interview takes longer than an hour or so you can lose your notes. We solve this by taking notes in word and then copying to the form, an additional step, but not overly cumbersome.

Response from Swipeclock

Thanks for the excellent review Donna! For more information on taking notes in the interview process you can check out our knowledge base (linked below) or I can connect you with your account manager. Just let me know!

Terri
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

There is better out there

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

Pros

I knew how to use it from a previous partner who added me as a user.

Cons

Additional costs for texting candidates/clients

Indeed, Top Echelon and ZipRecruiter

Reasons for Switching to ApplicantStack

Cost at the time as I was a startup. Now the features that I need I have come to realize are included in other CRM’s. The other CRM’s provide a better experience, track billing and so forth.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Terri!

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

We are disappointed that you did not rate your experience well. I will have your account manager reach out to you to see where we can assist you.

We do charge a small fee for the texting feature ad on as we integrate with a texting service. Being one of the lowest cost ATS' we find that our pricing is quite affordable for the value.

Jacqueline

ApplicantStack Rocks

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

We save so much time and paper - everything is on this site, and stays there. We can go back and review applications from years ago to compare to a more recent application. Now I print the applications of only the qualified candidates - save reams of paper. All job details are saved also; just have to refresh when needed. Strongly recommend. Has streamlined our hiring process

Pros

What a helpful site!! We no longer accept paper applications - we list our jobs through ApplicantStack, which allows us to post our jobs on numerous job boards. The applications come right to us, and we can track the hiring process every step of the way through this site, including email the candidates, storing templates for standard replies (such a time saver!) and easily refreshing our job postings through the launch tab. We save time and paper - the site keeps all the info for us.

Cons

Have no major dislikes or problems at all. One little thing - the info on race/gender/etc does not show on the application but it does on the application on the site (just not the printed one) - we have stats we need to submit to DOL so we try to keep current on it. (Please note no one has to fill that info out; we gave them the option of Prefer Not To Answer) That is the only thing - pretty minor.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Jacqueline!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

I will make sure your comment gets submitted to our support team so they can walk you through the steps.
The EEOC information is typically hidden but you can run reports on the data which you can submit to the DOL. You have several options and our support team can go over those with you.

An effective ATS and Recruiting Tool

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

An added resource/tool for our recruiting department. Great secondary ATS/TMS for applicant lifecycle. Straightforward features and easy to use, even for a novice user. Additionally, ApplicantStack is more cost effective than the competition and well worth the investment.

Pros

I like having the ability to post multiple job listings to a variety of job boards all at once. Also, the ability to manage your applications and candidate pipleline, create custom folders, and communicate with candidates directly through the application. Easy integration with email, creating personalized email templates, as well as creating applicant screening questions to filter out candidates that do not qualify for specific roles.

ApplicantStack is definitely worth the investment, but may take a back seat to some of the other products in this catergory.

Cons

Limited job boards that actually attract viable candidates. Although there are multiple job boards, there are only 1-2 that produce applicants and resumes. Job listings do not seem to post in "real time." Therefore, it may delay finding candidates for the more urgent openings.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.
We love all of the Pros you listed!
Now to address the Cons. ApplicantStack provides the job feed to the third party job boards but unfortunately it is up to them once they receive the feed. All the job boards have a different process when they publish the jobs. Please contact support since we could reach out to the job boards on your behalf to see if there are any issues that we can address. I do want to point out that this is the first time I am hearing about a delay in the posting so I believe this can be resolved.

Danielle

We Use Recruiting & OnBoarding

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

We recruit, hire and train weekly. Although it could improve, the software works okay for what we need. I do believe it is making improvements (and am hoping our office utilizes the new texting feature!)

Pros

I like the custom auto emails and all the options that come with those. It's also simple to track the steps of the pipeline and discussions between All parties.

Cons

You can't search by a phone number. You can't search by partial name. It's Very difficult to track using the reports. I think there are some pieces that work okay, but these need to be simplified, especially to minimize user-error. For example, source reports; there are three different places to put three different sources! Also, if you enter an inquiry with an application request and/or link, it's counted as a Completed Application. Lots of things are inaccurate, which is never good when trying to get information about which sources are worth the money and which sources are not. Last, it doesnt sync with our payroll or ClearCare Software.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Danielle!
Thanks for your review. I will contact you directly to help out. There is a Search option on the right side tool bar where you can search by phone number. The reports for Home Instead have been updated this year as well as how the sources are named. The ClearCare integration happens when you move a candidate to the Conditional Job Offer stage. I'll reach out to go over these items with you.

Mary
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

I have had links break, causing posting/unposting problems

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

It is good for a small company without much activity, however, I am responsible for 5 lines of business and multiple locations, my company should have an enterprise system, rather than one for smaller company use.

Pros

Easy to use, but doesn't have the enterprise capabilities a company really needs. Sort capabilities are nice, I do like the fact you can attach certain predetermined questions for the applicant to fill out, however, when you want to "
"knock them out" for not meeting criteria (certification, citizenship, relocation, etc), the system should automatically class them as "ko'd" and screen them out, which it does not.

Cons

I have had misspellings that go out and don't correct across the various job boards. Links that post or unpost cannot activate properly, only way to know is if a candidate sees it and contacts us.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Mary!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

I will forward your comments to your account manager. I am not sure about the specific issues you mentioned so unfortunately I am unable to comment on those.

Your spell check is coming from your browser and not from ApplicantStack so you might need to check on that . Please contact support so we can possibly assist you with that however, that is not part of ApplicantStack.

Whitney
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Just OK, there are better options out there

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Pros

I used ApplicantStack when I was at an executive search firm. It was a major improvement from the previous system we had, but it was still pretty bare bones. I had to do a lot of manual data uploading (our firm wouldn't pay a consultant to transfer our data so I had to do it manually). Now that I've seen some newer, more updated systems with more features, I would describe Applicant Stack as just OK.

Cons

I had to do a lot of manual data entry with this system. I remember making mistakes easily. Having to format job descriptions frequently to make sure it matched what was showing up on our career page online. Also had challenges with the way the home dashboard showed open positions. It just wasn't that sophisticated. You get what you pay for!

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Whitney,

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We do offer an import from existing ATS' so I am not sure why you manually needed to add data.

There are many features (we are continually adding more). Please feel free to reach out to support with any suggestions. We always appreciate our customer feedback and suggestions.
The dashboard is somewhat customizable, please reach out to support if you need any assistance.

Carly

Applicant Stack Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

The overall experience is a positive one. I really appreciate that appstack is offering texting now (I think we will be adding this feature soon). The reporting tab gives me a really good look at the big picture of where we are at currently with our hiring.

Pros

I like the pipeline on the dashboard so we are able to see how many candidates we have in any given stage in the process. I also like that we are able to customize the documents (using the library and email templates) we are sending out to our applicants. I like being able to control not only what information is sent, but how and when it is sent.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize any automatic correspondence (when stage changes are made) before I hit confirm. I can see that the email will be sent to my candidate, but i'm not able to open the email from this screen to make changes ( like adding a name or date) to customize the email. It would make the process run more smoothly.

Response from Swipeclock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

Your particular account is setup according to your main company guidelines. Unfortunately, they decide the template of the account and limit access for modifications. But, please reach out to support, perhaps there are some changes we can do for your account.

Ettel

Positive, flexible, very supportive team behind this product.

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Pros

The product is really easy to use and is the best ATS I have ever worked with. It's not overly complicated, but there is an amazing team at ApplicantStack that is very willing to work with us on any product enhancements that we'd like to see, or assist with minor projects as needed as well. They know what they are doing and are quick to help. With the ever-changing world of recruitment, I find that the flexibility is key because you never know what may be needed next! They are also always improving items I hadn't even thought of, which is wonderful!

Cons

There is really nothing that I do not like about this software. If I had to pick something I suppose their onboarding piece is not yet very robust so we aren't using it yet, but from our experience with the recruitment piece of it, we know the onboard side of the platform will continue to grow and we will move to it soon.

Response from Swipeclock

Thank you Ettel! We are so happy to know that you value ApplicantStack. As always, if there are features that you are looking for let us know.

Krista
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

I've been working with App Stack for 2 years and love it.

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

We love the ease of potential applicants being able to complete the application right from home. We no longer have to keep track of paper applications and resumes.
We love the fact that our 20 some pages of onboarding/hired paperwork is right online. App Stack has saved us a lot of time from filing, printing and keeping track of all of the paperwork.
Thank You Applicant Stack for making our lives here at Woodloch easier!

Pros

It is very simple to use. Everything is at my fingertips with a few clicks. I've heard rave reviews from our applicants about the ease of filling out an application and onboarding paperwork.

Cons

I really don't have any cons for Applicant Stack. The only thing that bothers me is that I have to sign back in all the time. Each time an applicant or reference calls, I have to sign in again. But it takes too long for it to figure out that it signed me out and the applicants are on hold on the phone while App Stack is signing me out and then I have to sign back in.. Maybe make the timeframe longer before you sign out users.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Krista!

Thank you for this awesome review about ApplicantStack.

I am forwarding your feedback to our support team. Perhaps they might have a suggestion regarding the login/logout issue you are describing.

Matthew
Matthew

ApplicantStack has been the perfect recruiting tool for a small company trying to grow.

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Helps us manage our entire pipeline with our team of 30+ recruiters and be able to switch applicants between jobs, recruiters, positions, etc. with ease. Cost-wise it's really helped us grow and help allocate a lot of money elsewhere while using this as our central point.

Pros

Software is flexible, tech support can help you get your application to do basically whatever it is you could want to do. Once you get a handle on things as well, reporting and such is very useful and easy to get into a flow with.

Cons

It's a little clunky, but they've worked on updating it and it's far more sleek now than it was when we signed on. I do wish reporting showed us a little more within the app vs having to export spreadsheets, etc.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Matthew!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

I will forward your feedback to our development team. We take feedback very seriously.

We are thrilled with all of the positive comments. Please contact support so we can get more information from you about how you would like to see the reports. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Casey
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Good for a quick fix!

Reviewed on 2023/07/11

Applicant Stack was put in place during Covid when we were forced to hire remotely. It was a quick fix, however, is not really conducive to what we need long term. Reporting is poor and very difficult to get something done. Applicants often forget their login information, etc.

Pros

Somewhat easy to post an opening and / or clone a job posting.

Cons

Hard to get reports built to the way we need them.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Casey,

Thank you for leaving us a review. I'm connecting you with your account manager to see if we can improve your user experience and get the most of what ApplicantStack can do. You can also contact me directly if you have questions at [email protected].

Jessica

Applicant tacking software review

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

I have really enjoyed most features like emailing candidates which can save time. The quick stage setting to see where you are in the process. Lead Management report is also a great report that I do not believe other tracking systems have. This report lets you see who has attempted to fill out the application but hasn't completed it fully. Great way to reach out and get possible missed candidates.

Pros

The ApplicantStack software is user friendly, easy to navigate and has multiple features that make tracking streamlined.

Cons

One thing that I found to be a bit more difficult with the software was the re posting of jobs. When we first started up it wasn't really fully explained and took a bit of training to understand the whole process. I wish there was just one button you could press to Re post.

Response from Swipeclock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack. I will forward your feedback to our development team.

Karen
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Can’t be beat

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

The new text feature is one that we’ve been waiting on and it’s working great for us since we call out for phone screenings - we can text the applicant and let them know it’s us calling and to see if they’re available. Overall, I love the software!

Pros

We’re a call center so we get a lot of applications across two centers in two different states; keeping track of those applications in Applicant Stack is so easy to do and with the new onboarding tool it’s even better!

Cons

The original setup of the application which requires some coding. Also, pulling useful reports is my weakest area as I never seem to be able to set the criteria correctly.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Karen!

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

I will forward your feedback to our development team. Please contact support if you need any further assistance.

Jill

Job Posting Made Easy!

Reviewed on 2018/10/13

Users would benefit from ApplicantStack training sessions. Webinars would be a great way to enable users to get training and allow us to ask questions or provide feedback in a more interactive manner. ApplicantStack is a wonderful hiring tool and allows companies to receive and communciate with applicants easily. However, most Home Instead's heavily utilize ClearCare and merging the data automatically would empower us to hire more and better quality CAREGivers. I highly recommend ApplocantStack

Pros

ApplicantStack empowers employers to focus on creating a great job ad that is visible on all the popular job search sites!

Cons

All applicants still need to be added manually to our CRM for tracking and hiring purposes. The website is set up great for tracking applicants but that tracking must be duplicated in our CRM for utlization and visibility for other team members. ApplicantStack data should feed automatically to ClearCare for more efficient time management. We would be willing to pay more for this feature.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Jill!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

I will definitely forward your feedback to our support team. We do offer training webinars and have an extensive help center with videos. I will have your account manager reach out to you regarding the options.

Betsy
  • Industry: Food Production

ApplicantStack Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

When I started with my current employer they were still doing paper applications. There were filing cabinets full of applications, spreadsheets tracking applicants for EEO reporting, all of that disappeared and we now have an easily accessible system with ApplicantStack.

ApplicantStack is continuously coming up with new ideas and products that are above any other program I have looked at.

Since starting with my company 3 1/2 years ago we now have two other manufacturing facilities that are using ApplicantStack. It's a hit with us!

Pros

Ease of use, and very fast transition for an easy / fast start-up.

Cons

The EEO reporting wasn't capable of letting me put in a range of dates so I had to ask for technical support. Technical support was very fast at getting me what I needed.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Betsy!

Thank you so much for the awesome review about ApplicantStack. We greatly appreciate the feedback.

I am glad to hear that our technical support team was able to resolve your issue.