CATS

Applicant tracking system for professional recruiters

Valonda B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

CATS was a Godsend

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

We appreciate being able to unify our process, helping streamline our process, provide our applicants with a consistent experience, identifying where our good candidates are coming from and unifying our recruiting team and efforts.

Pros

I appreciated the support through the set up process and the responsiveness of the team to our beginning processes. There is so much customization for your workflow and we have appreciated all of the improvements to the system over the time we have used it. (over 6 years)

Cons

Honestly - it's really hard find things we don't like about the software. Support has been great about helping us to work around things we thought we wanted.

Jeff H.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Long time user

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

I switched to CATS more than a decade ago when it was a free beta program. It has been a part of my business on an almost daily basis. It's comfortable and hard to imagine switching to something different.

Pros

Great interface, comfortable to use. Becomes familiar quickly. Grown with the software.

Cons

No ability to drag and drop related emails or documents into a a candidate or client record.

CATSone is better than most for less. Email sync issue, and reports are innacurate

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

CATSone is a great product and we recommend for anyone needing a applicat tracking system. its customizable to an extent. Fields are linked so you can't mess up data. Its good if you use it for CRM. Reports are odd, and email sync feature works 50% of the time. (adding emails to contacts in CATS with matching records)

Pros

Easy interface, great application site wizard , and great job site , built in, , customization of fields with restrictions (so you don't mess it up) . Status, and custom status available. Map custom status's to 'mapped' status. No cloud storage fees for resumes, or files that get attached to applicant / candidate records. API is useful but not without faults. Good custom reports per user.

Google drive link, and online MS word linked. Live previews of images. Easy to read reports (there are some faults) Reporting is best thought of as a gauge and not an accurate thing.

All around a great system. I recommend it to anyone whom has this need. Easy to use with live chat support per user for how to use it. Great training seminars. Etc. Good for when you hire 1 to 1. 1 hired applicant to 1 location.

Email sync feature is great when it works. 50% of the time. It may be related to email host. I dunno.

Reports are good. There are many. If you need New Applicants per user.. then you have to manually enter. But still many reports.

Great price point. Beats many more expensive systems .. its has faults as your gonna read. But don't let that get you down. It's still worth it.

Cons

Hired applicants are 1 to 1. Hired Applicant can only work in 1 location. It's just not set up for 1 applicant in many locations. Non hired applicants can apply to multiple places, just not work in multiple locations.

Its rare you need to hire one person in multiple locations.

Via API you could achieve 1 to many locations via API and custom fields. But it's not gonna be easy.

NO reports for new applicants per user if you use Live Job Application site.

Reports new applicants per user only by manually enter each applicant.

Reports can be difficult to understand. There are no white papers on it, and only some customer service reps understand it fully.

Email sync feature works maybe 50% of the time. (email sync places copies of your email communication in the contact whom has matching email) Results may vary depending on email provider.

Limited API calls per user, per hour. Need more ? They won't sell you more. You have to keep adding users. 500 API calls per hour per user @ $99 per user a month. but at least there are API calls. Really funky though. Be prepared to be confused. but eh , that's API ..

Jeannine S.

Works very well for I need

Reviewed on 2018/01/08

Customer service is very personable and friendly – they have the rare gift of actually WANTING to be helpful.

Pros

It is customizable, versatile. I like being able to sort on the various categories. Every day I learn something new that the program can do / different ways I can sort the data.

Cons

I do not have any at this time. Upon further investigation, the issues that I thought I had actually stemmed from my own need to become more familiar with the program.

Response from CATS Software

Thank you, Jeannine, for taking the time to write a review of CATS!
We think we may already have a solution for the issues you mentioned. A member of our support team will be reaching out to help!

Erik B.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Better than average product, best in class customer service

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Better than other ATS I have used. Since this is a recruiting and staffing tool, making it as simple as possible is a best practice since we need quick access to notes for reference more than any other functionality. It provides this quickly and efficiently.

Pros

-Responsive customer service
-Idiot-proofed functionality
-Mobile experience has 90%+ of the full functionality

Cons

-Latest upgrade to Nala was clumsy and left some very obvious bugs in for release

Phoebe S.

CATS has been a fantastic resource for our organization!

Reviewed on 2012/05/29

Overall, I would recommend this product to organizations looking to automate tasks and improve efficiency, but it works best as a compliment to other systems.

Pros

CATS has enabled our organization to streamline many of our processes and thus run more efficiently. Automating many of the tasks that we used to do repetitively has allowed for quicker response times. As well, the "add calendar entry" feature is fantastic and helps us to stay on top of all upcoming tasks.

Cons

The fact that each candidate can only have one profile makes it difficult for us when we engage the same candidate multiple times. It would be really useful to have multiple pages within the single candidate profile. The lack of this feature makes it difficult for us to keep track of all of our placements, which means that we have to use a different system to maintain our historical knowledge. Ideally, we would have one system that could do all of these functions. As well, the fact that is a web-based program is both a pro and a con - the con being that there is always the possibility that the internet will go down and we will lose access to our files. Having a complementary software program for our computers would be incredibly useful.

Katie W.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Pros

Boolean Search in the system. This is so helpful when you want to find candidates that you have already sourced.

Cons

Sometimes the reporting is difficult to find, especially the AAP one.

Katherine S.

Extraordinary support!

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

We recommend it to our clients often. It helps us enable them to stay compliant and organized.

Pros

I'm not a technician, and having the resources of the CATS team be able to talk me through solutions to some of our challenges has been a tremendous plus!

Cons

The analytics could be made more pliable so that you could bring more info into an excel spreadsheet. Other than that, I can't think of anything.

Rebecca K.

Candidates Galore

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Pros

This system really funneled in the candidates - loved the color functions that show you where your candidates were in the recruiting to hire process.

Cons

Did not like how it scrubbed - we missed a few good candidates because it scrubbed too much from resumes.

Paul O.

excellent crm platform for the Value

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Love the system

Pros

easy to use and customize I like the most some capabilities of adding the candidates to the system and be able to send email and schedule meeting with several users

Cons

I would like to add text feature to it as well as schedule updates by email , not only on the calensdar

Yelitza G.

I like it, it is much less complex than other similar software.

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Pros

It is very convenient to work in this application, because it is very easy, with a very good interface and a simple programming that allows me to save time when calling my clients, I recommend it for its simplicity.

Cons

I think it could improve the messaging part, since it only uses emails, it would be excellent to include social networks.

Steven S.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Data Migration is made nearly imposible

Reviewed on 2017/05/06

Data transfer once you would like to switch to another provider is made imposible. The CSV file they provide is not sufficient.

Pros

Pricing is low which is attractive. depning on how you are funded, this might be the (only) reason for taking on this ATS.

Cons

We have used it for the first couple of years, but once we required smarter solutions around workflow management and candidate experience, it was very limited.
Worst side of ths ATS is that they do not provide an SQL data dump. The SCV dump they provide is scattered across multiple files , some being corrupt. They were not willing to solve this via a SQL dump. (which they can easily do)

Dario C.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Extremely expensive, complicated & not user friendly

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

I tried CATS while looking for a solution to our "recruit-a-friend" problem.
We wanted to implement something that could help our "affiliates/referrals" and simplify the entire process, seamlessly.
But CATS, compared to their competitors it's way harder to use, much less user friendly and extremely expensive.
On the other hand, CATS is loaded with features such as: a career portal, a meeting schedule and the integration with your calendar, so your appointments automatically shows up without the hustle of manually taking it all the time.
If money is not your problem, definitely go for it.

Pros

Detailed applicant tracking system with a good amount of multi-usage.

Cons

Extremely expensive, clearly not worth it.

Bill B.

Affordable, Simple, Flawed

Reviewed on 2014/05/07

I’m approaching two years with CATS and have reviewed and demoed many other ATS’s including iCIMS, JobVite, The Applicant Manager, AcquireTM and the Monster Talent Management Suite. Bottom line up front: This is a solid choice for new firms on a budget who have low customer service expectations and no need for a reporting capability. The first thing that appealed to me about CATS was that it gave me a free 30-day trial that didn't hold back the bells and whistles. I had access to every feature from the moment I signed up. It was the most intuitive of all the products I demoed. I didn't need a salesperson to walk me through each section (something that I would have been hindered by with the other products). The default customization was nearly perfect and I was able to easily make the few tweaks that my workflow required. I uploaded my stash of resumes, posted my open job orders and started moving candidates through the hiring process. It was simple. Other CATS features - Want to allow candidates apply through LinkedIn or Indeed? Check. Want to push jobs to your company Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn page? Check. Mass emails, automatic emails, job sharing with hiring managers, integration with Outlook and Word, a customizable jobs website? Check. CATS is set up for both corporate and agency recruiting. The two main negatives are customer service and reporting. Customer service is about what you’d expect from a budget firm. Some questions I sent through email were ignored and some were returned with one-word answers. The reporting capability is a bit scary for anyone who might need to generate an AAP/EEO report. The detail just isn’t there and CATS is either unwilling or unable to generate a custom report with the necessary data.

Pros

Affordable, Intuitive

Cons

Customer service, reporting

John L.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

“Great software. Top notch for recruitment”

Reviewed on 2015/06/13

This software met our needs in terms of internal recruitment.
Its hard to find software that does most things but this is quite good.

Pros

Pros:
- User friendly and clean interface
- Customization to fit your business needs
- Support team is very helpful and never lets down
- Great price and not expensive
- They offer a free trial for those who are new to it
- Powerful search too to filter out candidates

Cons

Cons:
- Limited international job sites to post ads
- Reporting features could be better
- Would like to see some kind of Portable access (via mobile or tablet)

Mary Y.
  • Industry: Accounting

Super easy to use and implement

Reviewed on 2015/06/14

The way to go in the digital industry is cloud based platforms. If your not cloud based yet, keep an open mind and try this

Pros

Simple and easy to use. Basically its a "out of the box" solution that is user friendly and has a great interface. You are able to accept applications and forms for the applicants withing the online interface.
The ability to post job openings on free job board sites is an incentive for anyone using the software.
The software being cloud based means that i can access this from anywhere i want.
Customer service was excellent.

Andreas D.

Pretty good

Reviewed on 2015/05/27

Pros

Very good customer service, frequent new updates of features, easy integration with social media and posting services.

Cons

Search function could be an inch better, it is also an American system and if you are based in Europe localisation is sometime an issue.

Travis L.

Highly Customizable and Cost Effective ATS

Reviewed on 2014/06/17

We switched to CATS from Applicant Stack in 2012 and have not looked back. All of our data imported over to CATS. The team was very helpful the first few months as we had tons of questions as we implemented the system. The system is very user friendly and easy to use. We have been able to customize fields and create our own custom fields, which has allowed us to create an application process unique to our organizational needs. We also are able to really tailor the system to fit our various applicant process for various roles. This has resulted in increased efficiency as we have automated the majority of our applicant tracking process all the way to a final interview stage.

Pros

Highly dynamic system
Email integration (syncs with our gmail suite)
Customizable workflows, applications, and candidate fields
Clean UI
Responsive support team
A great value

Cons

Lacks an onboarding function
Wish it offered integration with our payroll/HRIS provider (Paylocity Webpay).

Jillian S.

CATS helps CANADEM do our work EVERY DAY!

Reviewed on 2012/05/29

I would recommend this program to any organization looking to make large scale databases of clients or candidates easier to manage and faster to access. However, it still works best in conjunction with other programs like MaxHire.

Pros

CATS has been a great boon to our organization. It has helped us organize our huge database of clients into a system which is both accessible, fast and easy to use. Without this program, we would not be able to deliver our services in such a quick and timely manner!

Cons

Candidates can only have a single profile. In our work we often deploy the same person over and over. As a result, we cannot keep track of multiple deployments per candidate. If we were able to have multiple pages for a single candidate it would be a great help!

Megan C.

Great ATS solution for our small company!

Reviewed on 2014/06/03

CATS is clean, modern, easy to use, quick to learn, and has a few quirks (like anything else), but the CATS support staff is helpful at working through those. This is the first browser-based ATS we have used, and we love it. It is nice to be able to access CATS from home, work, phone, and anywhere! The email integration is a plus, and it's nice how CATS seamlessly integrates with social media and job posting services to share your jobs with the public. Being able to customize fields, workflows, and the job portal is the absolute best part of CATS! The pricing is right, and this has been an overall great solution for our small company.

Lindsay L.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Pros

There is a lot of reporting functions which is key to HR. I also think you feel that you are able to tweak your reporting to what you are looking for. Applicant tracking is also great

Arnost S.

Top system

Reviewed on 2012/12/09

Go for it!

Pros

This is the most easy-of-use system we have reviewed. It support in a very quick way all of our relevant process. We had originaly implemented Atollon but had to decide to cancel the project after very bad experiences with the SW as well as with the company. CATS is rich on functionality and simple to understand!

Cons

The email/calendar functionality could be improved, something like Outlook would be nicer.

• Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

It was ok

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Pros

Easy to manage clients, leads, and resumes. I think that this program is good just for the basics. No advance recruiting.

Cons

It just wasn't a lot of ability to customize compared to its competitors. Good for the price.

Response from CATS Software

Hi there! We appreciate you taking the time to review CATS!

We would love more information on what you would like to be able to customize. We believe that customizability is the very foundation of our software! So we'd love to know:

What customization would you add to the system to make it the best it could be?

Denise M.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Great software and easy to customize

Reviewed on 2015/06/09

Pros

Very easy to use, you are up and running immediately. It is a simple ATS which gets the job done without hours of guidebook set up, training and tutorials.

Cons

I have no complaints. Ultimately, I choose a different (more expensive) software because it ties in with our shared recruiting network.

How can you not love software named CATS???

Reviewed on 2018/03/24

Pros

Good option for SMB company. CATS, it is quite easy to use! user-friendly. search feature with Boolean is rad!. Segments candidates well. I love how the jobs get published to all our favourite platforms by pressing a single button

Cons

Pricing. Linkedin doesn't integrate well with this either. Loading resumes could be easier as it doesn't always come out right.