MapYourTag

Asset Tracking made Easy and Affordable from your Smartphone

• Industry: Medical Devices
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

MapYourTag For Durable Medical Equipment (DME/Home Health)

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

Pros

-Real time gps timestamp when equipment is placed
-Various scan codes alowed for linking individual assets
-Wide range of attributes to add to each asset for use and upkeep.

Cons

-In poor gps signal areas the address automatically loaded is not completely accurate. With this, the address can be manually entered.

Response from MapYourTag

Thanks for your review!

Missy H.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

I use this everyday and have never had an issue once

Reviewed on 2017/12/21

The ability to simply log on and locate where our inventory is at a moments notice.

Pros

I use Map your Tag daily. It's a simple way to keep track of inventory in the field. I can log on and simply and see where anything is in a moments notice. The employees simply scan in, and I have access to their location.

Cons

We have been using Map your Tag for several years now and in all of that time, I haven't found anything that I can say is wrong with it. It's very simple for our employees in the field to use as well as myself and the management to view where the inventory is at a moments notice.

Response from MapYourTag

Hi Missy,
Thank you very much for your kind review.
We remain with best regards,

Dan P.

Great Simple Solution to a costly problem

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We use Map Your Tag somewhat unconventionally as a sample tracking solution as a fashion business. The team there consistently goes above and beyond to ensure this mission-critical solution stays running all the time. The functionality could be improved but its good at what it does and bear in mind we use it for a slightly different reason for most. Overall great product.

Pros

Simple to set up and maintain

Cons

Lack of API's and reporting functionality leaves a lot to be desired.

Peng koon L.

MYT enables you to fine tune your asset tracking process while managing your assets

Reviewed on 2017/02/04

An Effective tool to migrate from Excel based tracking process to Anywhere/Anytime via scanning feature of common tool, Smart Mobile devices.

The 10-asset free version enables us to present and convince the concept to the Management. It also enables us to walk through with the Business users on workflow, from creation of asset record to update and export, from managing the QR codes to printing and tagging on asset.

Pros

10-free version enables you to evaluate, present and fine tune existing asset tracking process before licensing decision.

Incremental licensing model enables you to build up the database progressively

System generated QR codes with today commonly available smart mobile phones/tablets proves to be an cost-effective solution where ROI can be realized nearly instantly.

Cons

Insufficient self help FAQ like technical & implementation online information

Response from MapYourTag

Hi Peng Koon, Well pointed! We're working on new support web pages . More than a simple FAQ. I hope it goes live within a few days. Thank you for your feedback. regards, Laurent

Nicolas C.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

We track the date & time at which each asset is scanned, to calculate cycle time.

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

Data collection, reduced waste associated to managing information manually.

Pros

Ease of use, easily customizable, data easy to download. Simple way to implement data collection, at low price.

Cons

data downloaded (.csv file) must go through several transformations steps in order to calculate specific metrics.

Response from MapYourTag

Hi Nicolas. Glad to help you to track your assets and to calculate cycle time. Better that the .csv, you can use our API to collect and sort your data. I remain with best regards,Laurent

Dennis O.
  • Industry: Program Development

Simple, robust asset tracking, location mapping, and workflow tool

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

simple way to track assets, asset location, and implement work flows

Pros

MapYourTag's iOS and Android App user interface is very easy to use and customize with the MapYourTag website. I can easily assign users roles and security level privileges and track their logins and activities with assets. Asset groups can be separated and moved for additional security. Workflows, events, and locations are updated quickly and emailed to any user registered on the system.

Cons

Printing QRS code labels on our label printer takes a bit of time to set-up, but once the template is set, the QRS labels work easily and flawlessly with the MapYourTag App on our iphones, ipads, Android phones and tablets.

Response from MapYourTag

Hi Dennis, Thank you for the review. We appreciate. regards

Miguel M.
  • Industry: Wholesale

GREAT APP TO USE AND KEEP TRACK OF EQUIPMENT

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

BEEN USING THESE APP FOR THE PAST 8 MONTHS WORK GREAT SO FAR WITH NO PROBLEMS , EASY TO FIGURE OUT ISSUES AND ERRORS

Pros

THE EASIEST TO LEAR SYSTEM

Cons

HAVE TO GO BACK TO HOME PAGE EVERYTIME IM UPDATING A UNIT CHGECK IN

Jason K.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great Product for the Price

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

We use it in the restoration business to track equipment. It has been an excellent tool

Pros

This app is easy to use and accurate on the locations.

Cons

We love everything about this app and wouldn't change anything

Response from MapYourTag

Hi Jason, Thank you for your great review.

Miguel A.

Easy to use tagging based on QR codes

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Pros

Very pretty application and website. Almost every thing is intuitive and logically laid out which makes tracking simple.

Cons

Generating QR codes is not that intuitive. Trying to define explicit number ranges is too hard. Would be nice to disable location tracking.

Response from MapYourTag

Hi Miguel,

You can disable the location tracking. From the group of assets setting pages you can disable the geolocation: http://prntscr.com/gb8ppe

I remain with best regards,

Alex P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great tool for my sales team

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

This was a badly needed tool for managing demo equipment and our pool. We develop instruments in science technology and maintaining accurate real-time records of our equipment is critical. I really like the app and the ability to log remotely, add notes, reserve equipment, check all of the vital stats either at our desks or on the app.

Pros

Easy to use, gives all of the info that is needed

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at the moment

Hitu P.

System Administrator

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

tracking devices like laptop with mapyourtag it became very easy !! its a reliable service

Pros

easy to use, pretty straight forward, i would recommend it to anyone who wants to reliably track there devices should use this service

Cons

none, i think the software is perfect, it does the job

Response from MapYourTag

thank you for your comment on our web application and mobile app for asset tracking.

Siobhan H.

EASY, QUICK

Reviewed on 2017/08/09

Pros

MANAGING SAMPLES AND BEING ABLE TO KEEP TRACK OF THEM DAILY. QUICK TO CREATE TAGS AND EASY TO USE FOR ALL USERS

Cons

IT HAS A SMALL CAPACITY AND HAVING TO HAVE TO GO INTO THE ACCOUNT AND DELETE SOME TAGS. CRASHES SOMETIMES

Response from MapYourTag

Hi, Thank you for the review. We now receive crashes reports that help us to improve the app to make it much more stable over the time.
regards,

Ethan D.

Works great. Fast and easy tracking

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Pros

It's super easy to use. All you have to do is stick a bar code to something and scan it whenever things need tracked.

Cons

The cell phone app Can be fairly glitchy. I'm not a big fan of the user interface on it. Just seems clunky.

Response from MapYourTag

Thank you Ethan, we'll try to make the app less clunky on the next release. cheers, Laurent

Seth W.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Exactly what I was looking for to track assets

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Efficient tracking of hard assets.

Pros

I enjoy the flexibility of the user interface. While some functions may be left out because of the flexible platform a work around is usually available.

Cons

My biggest con for the program is the tag (asset QR tag) output function. It is emailed rather than being downloaded direct from the platform. Also I haven't come across an option to arrange and print only selected tags.

Response from MapYourTag

Hi Seth, Happy to see that MapYourTag suits almost all your needs fro tracking your assets. I hope we'll be able to bring the missing features in the next release. cheers, Laurent

Charles E.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Just starting out

Reviewed on 2017/02/11

So far so good. This software is very well thought out. We are using it for inventory control at a school and it is very easy for the teachers to understand. We tag the carts and the laptops in the carts. As you know schools are on a tight budget so this solution is awesome when comparing the cost of a WASP barcode solution. Keep up the good work, looking forward to the future on this product.

Pros

Price and easy of use.

Cons

Would like to see a way to scan the serial number s of equipment and have it auto populate into the software.

Anita P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

User friendly software with a great customer support team

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

MapYourTag is a very straightforward software and is very useful for my application. There are some glitches here and there (alerts for example), and I do wish the app enabled a back button when searching assets. But so far, any problems I've had have been quickly solved by the MapYourTag team. Very happy with this program overall.

David P.

Like ronseal

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

Map your tag does exactly what it says on the tin. Support is always prompt and efficient. Only criticism is the difficulty to delete assets.

Pros

Simplicity

Cons

Difficulty deleting assets

Alexandra M.

Reviewed on 2016/05/09

Easy to use. I set up the account in a snap. My workforce uses it daily to update the status of the cleaning service in buildings of our customers. I recommend MapYourTag for who wants to set up quickly an asset tracking and include it in his workflow.

Mark P.

VP of Operations

Reviewed on 2016/12/19

Your site has helped us track our test gear and hold technicians accountable. We value this tool as out test gear is very expensive. We really like the dashboard it gives a quick glance as to where items are.

Response from MapYourTag

Hi Mark, Thank you for your review.

Grace P.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Can be slow but gets the job done

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

I use MYT on a daily basis within my job role, I can't comment on the customer support or the value for money as I don't have any dealings within that but overall its a great product - even though it does run slowly sometimes

Pros

Helps with the organisation of the company

Cons

It can be rather slow at times

Cody L.

Quality App

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

Great app would love better reporting. The app is easy to use and intuitive regardless of who is using the application. Would recommend to most business users and friends

Response from MapYourTag

Thank you for your review. Glad to have you as a user.

Michael O.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Pretty neat system

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

We tried out this software and found out it would not work for our situation, however we loved how easy the system was to navigate and use! I would totally recommend giving this system a try!

Pros

Cons

none

Byron M.

Not well supported

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Have stopped using it from a mobile device as it was too unreliable, difficult to use from a mobile device. Now only us it from a PC and that defeats the purpose of our intended use.
Multiple technicians in the field continually comment on its lack of performance.

Response from MapYourTag

Thank you for your review. I hope the next release will bring you a better ease of use. The new online documentation will be available soon. I hope you appreciate it.

Judy M.

Love it this program!

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

Love the ability to use this for tracking my buildings at different locations. Our delivery drivers can use as well as our office staff.

Luis M.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Overall Good

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

It's not perfect but it does a lot for what you pay for. I would be willing to pay more for 24/7 customer service but right now it's limited to certain hours.

Pros

It has plenty options and features.

Cons

No 24/7 customer service.