Solve Reviews

Solve

Productivity CRM for teams to manage customer workflows

4.5/5 (86 reviews)
Carl B.

Comprehensive, versatile CRM and project management tool with outstanding customer support

Reviewed on 2018/04/01

The main benefits are:
1. The ability to offer great customer relationship - the information on the project and the customer is easily available to the team.
2. The ability to track all potential clients in a meaningful way, organising follow-ups at any point in the future.
3. Easily pick-up projects and clients from other members of the team should they be absent.

Pros

Works superbly with other cloud platforms. VERY flexible. Two versions to choose - Solve CRM and Solve Client Manager.
Lots of great features - Google sheets report integration (slice, dice, geo-reference, and pivot the data anyway you want), click to call, easy to navigate activity window, flexible workflows and follow-ups, individualised task lists and on and on.
We've implemented Solve360 in three companies and recommended it to dozens of others and never been disappointed.
Of course we always consider other products on the market. Many of them promise to deliver great things, but when you get into the detail, they lack key features that are essential, or are prohibitively expensive.

Cons

Really difficult to find cons with the software. Being really picky, perhaps some lesser used functions are not immediately obvious, but there are plenty of guides and the customer support is outstanding. The inclusion of a Gantt chart function would be great for project work, but there are work arounds for this.

Jeff S.

Great Value

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Our business requires a more complex hierarchy of relationships than a lot of non-enterprise CRMs will permit. Solve enables relating customers to each other and to companies, which is essential for us and something that many other CRMs at a comparable price point to Solve cannot do. This alone was a huge factor in choosing Solve. We've used the software since 2012 and continue to be very satisfied. Customer support, on the rare occasion we have needed it, is very attentive and genuinely wants to understand your issue and work collaboratively to solve, no pun intended, your problem and then roll that feedback into how they think about product.

Pros

Google integration, value, and customization options

Cons

I tried the new Solve Client Manager, which seems to be the product that the Solve team is putting most development resources towards, and I prefer the legacy CRM. The Solve CRM mobile app leaves much to be desired; it is basically not usable. I would use the new mobile "client manager" except that it is a separate license and out of our budget. I also dislike that Solve required you to be in a higher pricing tier to use a transactional email service, which makes sending bulk emails from Solve unreliable.

Peter W.

Great customer support and a flexible tool

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

Our overall experience has been smooth and enjoyable. Solve is a great tool that does what we need it to do. With a couple of small changes, I would be confident in saying that it would stay as our CMS for the foreseeable future.

Pros

We love how easy it is to organise an entire client's workload and hours into 1 place.
The customer support offered by Solve has been fantastic and they've gone above and beyond to sort out even the smallest issues we've had with the software.
The software is easy-to-use from an admin's perspective. It's easy to add new users and remove old ones.

Cons

The UI could use an update, as it can feel a little bit counterintuitive and dated at times.
It would be amazing to be able to modify time logs after they've been made without having to delete them and make a new one.
We recently had a problem with a project blog becoming too big. I believe this was because we had used the project blog for many years, but it would be useful to not have to worry about this issue.
More analytics that provide feedback on time logs and staff usage would be useful.

Kiara P.

Easy Inter-company Linking Options and Bulk Mail Function

Reviewed on 2018/12/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I don't really know what the customer service is like because the software is simple and I haven't had to use it.

Pros

I use this everyday and find it really easy. It takes some time to set up correctly and put all your custom fields but once you have you can make it your own.
I use it for large company structures which have multiple shareholders and directors, it is a very easy way to see the links between companies and how they are related to projects.

We are a real estate debt fund and we have a lot of projects with many investors in each, Solve allows me to link each investor to each project.

Also I can tag each investor to say if they have a manager and tailor my distribution lists to send to those specific people. By using "access webmail" I can send bulk emails to my tagged contacts.

Cons

The face of it seems a little outdated. I can honestly say there are not many cons I can think of. I have been using this software for 2 years and haven't encountered an issue.

Rich W.

Highly Recommend Solve - CRM to Fit any Business

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

We use Solve to track all of our contacts, companies and clients. The relational fields that link related records and clients together is great. I highly recommend Solve CRM and Client Manager.

Pros

We have been using Solve360 since 2009. We have tested many CRMs and they all lack one thing or another but Solve 360 is completely customizable to fit any organizations needs. The customer support is superb, friendly and always willing to help.

We've started using the Solve Client Manager and are extremely happy with its ease of use.

Cons

We use both the CRM and Client Manager and there are still a lot of areas that need to be cleaned up between the two systems. Some of the functionality that we like in the CRM hasn't been moved over to the client manager, such as the webmail functionality. Both systems need more functionality with tagging features so that different workgroups/users can have different tags. I'm looking forward to the next version of the CRM that I've been told is coming soon.

Travis H.

Greatly improves customer service

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

Pros

I mainly use the contacts section. There's a project's blog that comes in handy for large projects, but mostly I just use the contacts.

It keeps everything very well organized. A customer will call me and say something like, "I don't know if you remember me..." and I'll be able to pull up their profile in Solve360 just by looking up their phone number. Before they even finish their sentence, I can reply with,"Oh, yes! You called me a few months ago to ask about..." It leaves a really good impression with my customers.

Cons

It doesn't always respect the "reply-to" in the webmail section. So I always have to make sure that the TO field is correct when replying to emails. That gets really annoying, so I end up just using Thunderbird most of the time to send emails.

It does take quite a bit of time for the profiles to load, because it doesn't cache anything. It has to search through your email every time you open a contact.

Seyta S.

For the last 12 years, I've depended on Solve 360 CRM as the Superbrain of business.

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

This is a dream product, allowing for a central nervous system to hold all details of business that need tending. Using it has allowed me to show up in the best ways to clients and customers, and to stay organized and efficient with all work processes.

Pros

The flexible and all-encompassing nature of what Solve has in its wheelhouse is unparalleled being about to hold all aspects of business. I used Solve in my own business, which was heavily customer-service oriented, then contracted with other small businesses to set up their systems in Solve. I have found it to fit all the needs of a diverse array of businesses, with greatly different needs, including a custom tailoring business, school, small retail business, and international spiritual teacher.

Cons

Being dependent on Solve for so many years in "larger" (2-5 people businesses), it has been cost-prohibitive for me to use privately, just for myself as a contractor.

Burt P.

I use Solve for two of my companies because it does the job it is supposed to do

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

I've been using Solve for my real estate brokerage for about eight years now and value how it has helped my business. I just started an investment company and have reviewed many other platforms, but chose a second Solve account for my new business because I can't beat the features for the cost.

Pros

A CRM is only as good as when it is actually part of the workflow of your business. Solve helps me keep track of all my interactions with my contacts and track all the workflow of my projects. It is the backbone of my business. I especially like how it incorporates into G Suite for a powerful platform. This is the only CRM I could find that seamless works with Gmail where I don't have to bcc the system to have all my emails display in a contacts timeline.

Cons

It doesn't have many integrations with other systems, but tech support is very helpful in figuring out the best solution for what I want to do.

Terry R.

Great Support

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Customer support has been great in response time, and in knowledge! We had a new report that we had to file with our local and state agencies, based on caseload criteria that we couldn't accomplish with our previous program. I uploaded the report format, and within a day or two, as support needed some time to understand the report format, they came up with a solution. Likewise, we had a listserve issue on our posts that would not populate the listserve. Support figured out the issue within a matter of hours and had the information I needed to get the issue resolved with the listserve manager. Great work!

Pros

Flexibility. Also, with the right combination of the filters, we are able to produce the administrative reports that we were not able to produce with the Access program we used in the past.

Cons

We were not aware of the amount of capabilities Solve360 had, but when asked, they were able to fix our problems....

Gary B.

Solve is very easy to use and permits us to track leads from initial contact to signing and beyond.

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Better tracking of sales leads and existing client follow-up

Pros

We looked into many CRMs when we decided to move away from our previous provider and found that Solve provided us with a great basic CRM experience. We looked at Sales Force because of it's standing in the market but found that for our needs the product was way overkill both in functionality and pricing. If you're looking for a product for basic sales tracking and follow-up you won't find anything better in terms of value for the investment.

Cons

We had to compensate for not being able to pull all reports in the order wanted but resolved this by exporting to Google docs and manipulating the data to suit our idiosyncrasies. Otherwise it has all the functionality of the products that cost a lot more!

Jay S.

Simple system, great customer service

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

We used Solve for many years in our non-profit, for managing volunteers, press contacts, and partners. The automated / triggered flows upon adding a new record were simple to setup and back in the day when we started quite unique to Solve at this price point. Realistically today, there are several other platforms that can accomplish the same things that we were using it for at lower costs, which to us as a charity is important. That being said, none of them would have the level of service and involvement that our rep and his great team offered us during our years as a customer.

Pros

Unlike Salesforce or Zoho, with Solve you have direct access to the team who created the product. They care about their users, and are interested to hear how you are using the software and what they can do to make your experience better.

Cons

The interface is perfectly functional but the web has moved on a bit stylistically and Solve is looking a little long in the tooth as result. Also, I don't believe it has the API connections for easy pipes in / out through services like IFTTT or Zapier for connecting easily to other tools.

Nancy K.

Solve CRM is the best

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

The ability to keep our team members organized. View all user activity within each record. The Sales Team loves the ability to glance at a customers activity right before going into an appointment.

Pros

We have been using Solve for 8+ years now. We just recently started using the app. Integrates with Google Sheets! Talk about Awesome! Ease of Use. The best customer service EVER. Their CS Team sends me email regarding upgrades or new tools proactively!!!!!
Give it a try, you'll be hooked!

Cons

The only feature I believe Solve is lacking is the ability to build forms and pull contact/company information in.

Tom M.

Watch what you ask for. You just might get it!

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

We moved away from Freshbooks and lost that integration. QBO does not play with Solve from what I recall. It was fast and as detailed as you wanted. There was a data competition for white space which required CTRL F search once on the relevant page.

Pros

Super Powerful. Search is wicked. Info assembly in one spot pretty tight. Cloud based access is easy. Mobile App is pretty good.

Cons

I think I over built it for my staff and the management to keep it up was a little to onerous. There was a feature whereby you could auto-sync to and scrape the clients website linkedIn etc to get a fast start on data population. I think that went away.

7.0/10
Al F.

Solve user and admin for past 10 years

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Very positive overall experience. Product has evolved and improved over the last 10 years. Has also added a number of integrations with other third party complementary products. Their sales and support team has always been friendly and responsive.

Pros

Very easy to enter information. Easy to add additional data fields.
Nice integration of contacts and project blogs (which we use to manage all implementation docs & pictures)
Very reliable. Can't remember the last time we encountered an error or the software crashed.

Cons

Not easy to do complex searches and reporting. Have to typically export data to Excel.

Blake T.

Great Customer Service Experience

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Solve is helping me track leads through the funnel with ease. The flexibility allows me to set up my own fields that work for my business. I like that rather being locked into someone else's idea of my business.

Pros

Software is very capable and reasonably easy to use. The things that were not immediately intuitive were resolved with an email to tech support.

Cons

No real negatives other than limits on that data usage. I would love to import more photos and documents without a thought of data limits, but as a small business, keeping my costs down is more important that than feature at this moment.

Mark A.

Great CRM for a budget conscious startup business

Reviewed on 2018/10/13

We are an SME and started with a shared MS Excel. Countless issues including dupkicate versions of the workbook. For what we thought we needed Solve360 offered the optimal solution (including $$ price). Have been using for 4 years now and we haven't looked back. Links easily with Mailchimp for our mailouts.

Pros

Mostly intuitive
Wide range of features we need.

Cons

Would be great to link it to live feeds, like Bloomberg or other news service, or an email address finder.
Not easy to find a print format that suits.
We do have to download to Google Sheets (and then Excel) for certain monitoring tasks.

Anna M.

Thanks

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

This is a great way for us to communicate with our clients.

Pros

That every communication we do with our clients is recorded under their name. I can also log calls and appointments so I know what was talked about.

I like that I can send the same email to one group of people or many groups. (tags), and that I can move our contacts directly over to Constant Contact.

Cons

Solve is good for email communication which is great. I wish it was easier to put in pictures and make the emails a bit more fancy without needing to know HTML.

One of the best tools out there.

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

Brokerage of businesses for sale.

Pros

We have spent $1000s to customize Sugar CRM and Salesforce prior to using Solve. Our business has 2 sales processes, first to get a client whose business we are selling. Second to sell the business to a range of potential buyers from different entities. Solve required no customization and was easy to handle the configuration.

Cons

None its a great tool. Perhaps some to the terms could be changed, "project blog" for example. We like "Opportunity"

Solve 360

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Pros

This CRM is easy to use and yet offers a powerful contact management system that plays well with Constant Contact and Microsoft Outlook.

Cons

It was challenging to set up the system for our needs initially, so I contracted with a specialist to get things set up. The ongoing support is generally good, there can be a one day delay while waiting for a response after submitting a question through their online form but once someone responds they get the job done.

Gina C.

Customer Support is on point.

Reviewed on 2018/11/12

A hub for clients, notes, mailings, tagging.

Pros

It is simple to use, straight forward. I didn't get much training when I first took my job and I have learned it on my own.

Also, literally every time I contact Customer Support, they are quick to respond with the exact answer I need. Meaning, they actually understand and have helped me and the staff several times and are very dependable.

Cons

I wish it maybe looked a little more modern.

Benjamin Y.

Great Application

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

The Norada team is top notch, and I've always found them to be easy to work with and overall knowledgeable.

Pros

Solve is an incredibly flexible CRM solution, with the ability to work with other unrelated applications. I appreciate that I'm able to make Solve work for almost any business model.

Cons

Not enough robust integrations, and most of the existing integrations need more functionality and "customizability." I'd also like to see more sales-focused features.

I've researched a lot of CRMs....Sovle360 is awesome!

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

When my company first started using Solve360 several years ago, we were impressed with its versatility---and I certainly like the clean interface. It is not flashy, but really "all business"---it's a great strength. Solve also offers this amazing customization that is fantastic. The support is totally excellent and I've recommended Solve a few times to others. Honestly, some folks don't know what they are missing!

Pros

Customizable, clean and incredibly powerful.

Cons

Wish they had a budget, full-featured choice for a single-user.

Shahab N.

Solve user for over 5 years

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

I have been working with Solve360 for over 5 years ad although we have also used different ERP software where they have integrated CRM within the software nothing was as easy and complete as a CRM then Solve has been.

Pros

Easy of use and intuitive feeling.
Everything you need is visible in one screen, you don't have to toggle between tabs or screens.

Cons

You can't make any field obligatory, so there is some room for human mistakes when inputting.

Good CRM

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Solve is working for us, and their customer support is excellent. Would consider moving to another CRM that is more friendly to use, but the pain of moving is keeping me with Solve.

Pros

The CRM is quite good with all the features you would want from a CRM. Strong integration with GSuite

Cons

Have been using it for a few years and the interface has not changed. Design is from the early part of the decade. Some features hard to use.

7.0/10
John B.

Potentially Great

Reviewed on 2015/11/23
Review Source

I use the Solve360 CRM over the vast number of competitors for one reason: it sports an easy to read section at the bottom of each customer page summarizing everything you need to know in a heartbeat. In that one box you can see key hyperlinks to pages relevant to that customer, like things you have sent to them in DocuSign, key upcoming tasks, GMails incoming and outgoing, Links to Box or Dropbox, and Xero and/or Freshbooks summaries. The last two are direct integrations which show a box with how much you invoiced for and how much if any is still outstanding. The GMail (and Google Apps For Work) integrations can be completely automated with the simultaneous use of GMail labels. That's all very awesome.

What I hate is that they are very rigid about not allowing you to choose how you want to sort customers. I don't profess to be a database expert, but I do have a couple dozen years experience with them and with classification systems in general. Standard practice is to sort by larger groups first, then smaller, so in this case, you'd display "Smith, Ted" not "Ted Smith". The reason is that if you also have a customer named Bob Smith you'd expect to see "Smith, Bob" followed by "Smith, Ted". You wouldn't expect to see Bob high up in the list under the B's and Ted hundreds of people later under the T's, but that's what Solve insists is right and they don't let you fix it. They just suggest you should use their search feature. Yes, that works, but I'm just wanting to see a list without doing an extra step.

Anyway, I've tried 5 - 6 other CRMs, some of which solve that problem but just aren't as good as Solve at the basic idea of showing a summary of everything you need to know in one place.

Hopefully they will fix this - but new potential users should be aware.

Pros

See above review for details.

Cons

See above review for details.