6 734 reviews

Evernote

Create, capture & access everyday notes on mobile devices

4,3
4,2
6 734 reviews
Jose f. G.
Industry: Internet

One of the best note taking apps your team can use

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

Overall, I think it's an essential tool to have even if using it for personal note taking. I like it more than simpler software, yet it's simple enough that it lets me just launch and start taking notes.

Pros

It's simple to use and setup. There's no unnecessary functionality or things in the way of the user yet it's powerful enough to categorize and maintain a long term personal log of notes. It helps me get things done.

Cons

It lacks in exporting functionality. When I want to take my notes to the next level, to write a longer or more formal document, then it lacks enough functionality to export it to, Word, Google Docs or something like that. Also, launch times can sometimes be a bit on the slow side.

Kristen B.
Industry: Biotechnology
Company size: Self Employed

Good idea - Poor integration!

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/03/17

I had great expectations but it failed to meet them. When I shared it with my team, they didn’t really use it and it didn’t integrate well with Dropbox or Gsuite. It was clever but didn’t solve the issue of information being easily accessible to all for some reason.

Pros

The notebooks were fun and I liked the ability to label them and the interface was playful and thoughtful.

Cons

It integrates terribly with other software, and I found it to have the same fate as paper notebooks - dusty and lost, un-used.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Emeka O.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

I can't find a better replacement yet!

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Evernote has been a very useful app to me. I use it to keep both personal and business journals. I don't have to be carrying diary all around.

An amazing experience I've had with Evernote was when I was going through me notes and found a note I wrote 3 years ago. I entirely forgot about the note, but was wowed when I saw it.

Evernote had been awesome!

Pros

Evernote is a note taking app I started using in 2016, about 3 years ago. It's the best I have yet to see in it's category of products.

With Evernote, I'm able to do a couple of things, and that effectively. These include:

1. With Evernote I'm able to write notes, and have them auto-saved when I leaves the app, even without saving them manually.

2. With Evernote I'm able to password protect my notes to maintain my privacy. I can also use finger print to unlock the app, which makes it more fun. The cool part of this feature is that the app automatically locks itself when it is minimized for a while. This helps me protect my privacy.

3. With Evernote, collaborating with teams becomes a lot easier. I and my team can work on a note together.

4. With Evernote, I'm able to chat with other users. This makes collaboration a lot faster. I do not need to exit the app to communicate with fellow collaborators, I can do that right from the app.

5. Evernote allows me a huge amount of space where I can save my notes. The beautiful part is that I can even add voice notes, pictures and other attachments to a note. Is this not amazing 😁😁?

6. I do set reminders with Evernote. This helps me effectively manage my time.

7. Evernote helps me to sync my notes online. This allows me to edit my notes across devices. I can write a note on the Evernote mobile app, and edit it on my PC 😁😁. Beautiful!

Cons

There is a saying that everything that has an advantage equally have a disadvantage. A few cons I've noticed about Evernote include:

1. There is no "forgot pin" option on the pin prompt screen of the Evernote app. This means that if you forgets your Evernote pin, you'll have to uninstall and reinstall it before you can have access to your notes again 🤨🤨.

2. The Evernote premium comes with a budget. If you don't have the budget to renew your subscription periodically, you'll be left behind.

Aside from these two cons, Evernote is awesome!

Javier O.
Industry: Construction

More than just a note taking an it's so much more

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Pros

Overall I started using this application for my notes while attending school and I learned more of the in's and outs and the power of taking notes with this app. This app is great if you are in need of having to take notes on the go and having them organized at the same time which the app does for you.

If you answer yes to the following questions you will benefit from this application:
Do you often have trouble finding something to write with or paper to write notes but you only carry your phone at all times?
Do you often talk to your self and come up with good ideas but not enough time to write them down?
Do you take pictures and save them in your phone as notes but have trouble sorting through embarrassing photos?
Do you have a scanner app on your phone to scan documents just to be able to e-mail that as an attachment?
Have trouble keeping your thoughts and notes organized?

If you answer yes to one or all those questions basically this app does this for you on the go all in one app. You can take regular notes like a traditional pen on paper on your screen with the widget. You can make a voice note from the widget as well without having to open the app fully. If you think it's a waste of time trying to scan a paper on a physical scanner and then transfer that to your computer and send that important e-mail because you are always on the go or out of the office? No problem this app does that for you.

Cons

I have been using the app for more than 2 years and I have to admit that even though it's a great app it does have a few flaws but they are just minor in comparison to all the good things it gets right.

You can only have 3 devices per account unless you pay for the premium version. I personally think that the premium version offers a lot of more versatility to the app but I don't pay for this service and keep using the free version. I normally carry this app on my phone, tablet, and have it on my computer so I can sync all my notes together. I understand that this might not be too much of a con but I don't need much of the premium features that come with that premium fee. You might keep getting ads to upgrade every once in a while if you are a free member. Another drawback that I have is that sometimes the app will randomly crash while typing my notes and even though it does save this before exiting the app making sure that I don't lose any of my work. I do find that this does get me a bit frustrated and sometimes I have to be restarting my device or just the app itself losing some of my valuable time. I value my time and when you are either a college student or a business sometimes you cannot afford to lose that important test notes for your midterm or client information.

Janosch F.
Industry: Internet

The best personal note taking App - still medicore in business use

Reviewed on 2018/11/23

I love Evernote for my personal Projects. I would not trade it for any other application in this segment for my personal and private Projects. In Business Projects my enthusiasm falters as the rugged edges which I am happy to tolerate in spare time projects are getting annoying fast when there is team efficency or pressure from clients. In my Opinion Evernote business has been somewhat bolted onto the most popular Note taking and management application, trying to utilize an extremely versatile and powerful core for business cases. It leaves me with a somewhat stale taste as I whish to use a business application which is not the add on to something else but an A priority project that receives maximum attention. Then again in the time I used Evernote I have been positively suprised time and again and I am sticking with this, at least for some more time.

Pros

I use Evernote personally for about when it first emerged on Iphone and Ipad. Since then it went up and down and donw and up, it was a Rollercoaster Ride. Sometimes I came close to quiting, the again I carried on with it. Everything became more severe when I started to invite Colleagues and Friends for personal and professional Projects. a great Boost always was - most knew the product and had next to zero animosities or better to put it the other way round: Even the not-so-much bunch of people were okay in colaborating via Evernote. On Top of it, it was available on their favourite Platform (no one had to switch form Android to iOS or vici versa). Everyone knew how to use the editor, things didn't look to pretty at the start but then, after a while, like a game you get the hang of after a couple of rounds, it got better and better. Tables, Images, even embeded Videos. It all got together. Also we could choose which data would be encrypted and which was okay to stay unencrypted. Thinsg synced fine and we also had an integrated chat. Basically, Evernote had covered a lot of the needs we had as a team as wel as a band of friends in private Projects. The Features you require are there and they are easy to use.
Also, the team behind evernote is quick regarding upcoming Platform changes and usually Evernote is up to the newest iterration of the Operting System it runs on verry quickly.

Cons

Speaking of the features which are there...as it is often the case with growing platforms, there are some which are just not...my type of thing. Document templates might be something for some people, but not for us. Also, the Features are not homogenous on the different platforms. Thats right, if you want to do search-and-replace you better do not try to do it on a mac. Right Features like this are missing. Inviting People also can get a real pain in the arm in case they use Evernote privately without a busines account, as can the abominable dialogue for sharing notes on mac. It is absolutely clear that evernote is incredibly ambitious by supplying native clients for iOS, Android, Windows, MacOs PLUS a Webfrontend. This realy is awesome but it leads to raged edges when you are power user, save a team of such working cross Platform un complex projects.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Paola P.
Industry: Photography

Productivity, content curation, and collaboration in one tool

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

I use Evernote to optimize my productivity. It takes care of all the reminders for me. I curate and share my inspiration boards, and allows me to easily turn them into new content that I can share with the people that will eventually polish it and give it final shape before it can go online. I import Typeform questionnaire answers to Evernote for this same goal, and I have set up a number of Gmail filters that let me know when to pitch my posts for guest posting or to get valuable links for my domain.

Pros

Many things I like about Evernote, but I would say that my favorite is the fact that I can use it as the "hub" that contains (and sometimes triggers) most of my daily tasks. I would love to be able to review Evernote together with Zapier, as I am currently making the most out of the capabilities that both tools offer when they are combined. Evernote by itself is an extremely helpful productivity tool, and I love the fact that I don't always need to be online to update or create notes. I mostly use it to jot down ideas for new posts or articles as they come to me, and I also keep a couple of notebooks for content curation. I can add stuff from the real world as easily as I can clip websites or anything that I see on the go. To keep up with my content creation calendar, I connect Evernote with Gmail, Typeform, and Calendly. Although there are more Zaps available, these are the ones I use the most often to keep track of my contacts, review questionnaire answers that I then turn into blog posts, and keep track of appointments and phone calls. I easily share my notes and

Cons

Evernote doesn't have many flaws as I see it, but I did find a few times that some of the capabilities in other collaboration tools such as Google Drive would be handy for Evernote. I wish there was a way to keep track of my actions (such as what Basecamp does with the "everything" section). I also would love to be able to share something with a co-worker in "view only" mode (this can be done in Google Drive). As far as I've been using the tool, it does not have either of these options. Also, the way that every document or PDF has to be uploaded to a page is sometimes not ideal, as I would also like to have the option to just upload something to my notebook or to Evernote itself for safekeeping or to be able to reference it within a note.

Aanchal J.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

A consolidated repository for everything important

Reviewed on 2018/07/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The tool is extremely feature rich. There are utilities that I am yet to explore but the fact that Evernote is loaded with features makes it a perfect tool for both professional and personal uses.

Pros

From the name itself, one might feel that Evernote is literally a note-making software (which it is) but its utility is beyond "just making notes". It is one of those reminder boxes, note-making books and a repository all at once where you can "dump" all of your important things - Be it notes, links, photos, articles, audios, important files and just about everything. What I really like is the fact that you can sift through the type of content you save in Evernote. This makes it easy for me to go back to the stuff I have saved.
1) After having used other note-making software where their prime and perhaps only USP was the ease with which they let me make notes, Evernote definitely goes many steps ahead - It understands that "notes" for a professional or for a human can be beyond just text. Notes, figuratively, really are anything that is important to us. Hence, Evernote fulfills these needs by providing options like enabling audio recording and saving them as notes.
2) I like the fact that I can make separate notebooks for similar themed notes. It eases my job while searching from archived notebooks. To be able to assign tags to each notebook further makes the job easier.
3) Web Clipper is one of the most useful features especially when I am shopping online. I can just save a particular item through the web clipper option to be seen as a "wishlist" item in Evernote. It is especially constructive when I am shopping from multiple sites/apps and want to create a central wishlist repository for all the picks I like. It is equally useful for other purposes like - saving/bookmarking articles, newspieces or anything I find online that is worth keeping or remembering.
4) You can set reminders to yourself. This is another feature that makes Evernote a truly holistic software and in fact, much like a Saas.
5) Similarly, apart from creating your go-to repository for everything important, you can chat with others as well.

Cons

Evernote runs on Basic (which is free) model and a Premium model. The free version inevitably comes with its limitations like - Monthly upload limit is extremely less especially considering the fact that, it has so many features to save your data. Where it provides so many features, it sets itself back with the space limitation which is minimal. The paid version (Premium), however is pretty cheap, but feasible only if you really are a heavy note-making user.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Kashish S.

The best platform to seamlessly collaborate and store your notes.

Reviewed on 2018/02/21

Innumerable benefits! Definitely the single-most used platform on daily basis for me. I have referred and onboarded multiple colleagues and friends onto Evernote.

It's scalable, I obsessively keep on noting down everything on Evernote, to the point that I have stopped using MS Word and basic 'Notes' operations offered in MacOS.

The biggest value that I have been deriving is the ability to capture photos of books I read and store them on cloud. The captured photo allows it to preserve that shot like a scanned image. This has truly allowed me to capture important pieces from books I regularly read.

Pros

1. It's superbly easy to organize your notebooks, have everything visually cataloged
2. Tagging notes with keywords really powers great search experience
3. Scanning pages etc is great, really captures great notebook shots
4. Instant public sharing from a single click
5. The fact that I can easily collaborate with people without any friction. Moreover it's fairly simple to grant people access to specific notes.
6. Access the account across multiple platforms, I have all of my devices synced and absolutely love it.
7. It just seems like the most scalable platform for notes taking. I literally don't use any other platform other than Evernote.

Cons

While Evernote basically covers all of my immediate requirements, the only thing which I feel that Evernote can solve or better optimize themselves for would be the "Check-list feature". This would really allow me to better manage my 'To-dos', essentially making Evernote a one-stop solution for all of my personal notes and to-do requirements.

Terry L.
Industry: Photography

The best way I've stayed organised

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

It frees up my mind to concentrate on my business.

Pros

Organisation is not just about planning your diary but also planning your thoughts. With Evernote I have been able to capture all my ideas and thoughts and have them put into dedicated folders within Evernote, this frees up my day to day thoughts by not having to remember everything or get worked up about planning things. I can then put time aside every week to go through the notes and see what needs actioning or planning.

It's also great for just remembering things and I have loads of folders in sections for when I get a PDF or need to photograph information that I might want to look back on at a later date. You can also assign keywords/tags to the documents and it will also make pdf's searchable. This also applies to websites and with the browser plug-in, makes it really easy to capture information as either article/sample or pdf for future reference.

I tend to go networking a lot and being able to capture someone's business card and have it put into your contact and connect with them on LinkedIn all in one go is actually very useful.

Cons

Occasionally there are a few bugs and it takes a little bit of effort to get it sorted but at least their customer support actually work and helps.

Alvaro M.
Industry: Education Management

Feature-packed Notes App +

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

Pros

Super feature-packed app. Evernote has matured a lot from just a simple personal notebook app to an enterprise level software for office/team/project use.

Scanning (backing up) documents is super easy (e.g., contract, proposals, etc.). The app not only zooms into the document easily, it also does OCR and converts it with formatting that is easy to the eyes, and saved right into a notebook.

Business uses Teams for easy office and project collaboration. It's easy to share notes/notebooks and to edit the same items collaboratively. Projects also takes advantage of task management and setting of reminders to individuals.

Lastly, I love the Templates! There are a lot of professionally made (and free) templates created by Evernote. And, we can also make our own company standard templates for everyone to use and follow (by policy).

Cons

Just a little formatting concern for me when using a (small screen) smartphone... the bullets/numbering moves the cursor far right, taking much screen real estate. Also, I would really like it if the green top bar would disappear when the note is scrolled down. That would really take full use of the entire screen (similar to how Google docs works).

Industry: Mental Health Care

Oldie but Goodie

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

At times, it's hard to believe that Evernote has been around for more than a decade. At other times, it's hard to remember a time before Evernote. In over the decade plus, who knows how many other note taking apps and websites came to be and while I've tried more than a few of them out, I always keep coming back to Evernote. From the myriad of different types of notes you can create, searching within those notes, and sharing and collaboration, this is an old but good note taking app.

Pros

They integrate well with practically every other software. Whether it be the phone app, desktop version, or Google chrome browser extension, it's easy to create notes, search them, tag them, categorize them, and share them internally for collaboration or externally for review.

Cons

Their PDF annotation feature is a bit weak, and reminds me a lot of their once up a time spin off app Skitch, for anybody that remembers that.

Rosa G.
Industry: Design
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Evernote Business Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

It is really great being able to easily take notes in a hurry and share them with all of the project collaborators. It has helped us to have a more efficient working flow and to grow our ideas in a more organic way. It also has been very useful to have articles saved for research and documentation purposes. It is a great tool for researchers.

Pros

Evernote is a nice tool for teams that have a constant need to brainstorm and do research. This software helps you transform your ideas into project presentations and full-researched documents that hopefully you are ready to pitch to a client. It is a tool designed to help you with the transition from the early stages of your project, like brainstorming, all the way through research and to the final full form of a presentable document. It has nice features to help you with this such as notebooks and notes, allows to share your documents and files with your team and set up reminders. It also allows you to save information from webpages and media so you can review it later or share it with your collaborators. It is not complicated to understand how to use it, has a smooth UI/UX and a cool design.

Cons

It is a tool more focused on developing notes and creating new documents rather than managing finalized ones. Features are limited depending on the package. The price is a little bit high but you can get value for money if you make the most out of this app.

Industry: Retail

The best note taking software ever!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

I love it. You need it. Install this software on your desktop, laptop, phone, tablet, and your kids' tablet. You're going to love the ability to take down notes and thoughts no matter where you are, and have them forever. As the name implies.

Pros

There is so much to like about Evernote. Let me put it in list form.
1. NEVER LOSE ANOTHER NOTE - it just keeps notes... forever. So simple, so powerful!
2. Searches handwritten notes. - I don't even know how it does this. but take a picture or scan of your handwritten notes, and they are now stored forever, and searchable.
3. easy to sort, and file.
4. Pull in pictures, scans, PDF's whatever you need.
5. Cloud based. Forget your phone at home? no problem, use your laptop to see all your notes. Forget your laptop too? That's not a good start to the day... but just login online from any computer, and there are your notes. It's awesome!

Cons

I'm not sure there are any cons.

Ok, if I have to choose a con, it would be that you start using the free version and you love it, so you use it for everything, and then you run out of space and start paying for it. But, come on... that's an unreasonable con! They let you use it for free for as long as you want until you're ready to pay for it, which you will be.

Abbas H.

It remembers EVERYTHING! Enough said..

Reviewed on 2017/10/08

Pros

I do not leave home without my Evernote (literally) as i use it on several of my devices and it synchronizes so well between them. It does such a good job of archiving my personal notes and scribbles, work and meeting notes, travel plans, everything i throw at it.

Also love the ability to turn any note into a presentation with one-click. Very impressive when sitting with a client!

Not being the most organized person with notebooks and tags, i absolutely love how well the contextual and keyword search works.

I used a third-party smart pen / notebook to feed my hand-written notes into my Evernote and it surprises me every time how well it recognizes and makes my messy handwriting searchable.

Even though i don't use a lot of the reminders and team collaboration functionality (90% of my Evernote usage is for me only), it's still an app that is irreplaceable for me.

Cons

- The team are not very communicative with new features and suggested best practices in my experience.
- Reminders feature is a bit hard to fathom. I started to learn and then just switched back to my other task management app as it seemed like an overhead to my 'don't make me think' process.

Adam H.
Industry: Computer Software

Evernote is struggling to keep up

Reviewed on 2019/11/03

Overall we've been quite happy with Evernote but they need to go back to the core product and make sure that they are on the cutting edge in the note taking sector.

Pros

Evernote is relatively easy to use, and has over the years had fantastic integrations with other services. It is a premium note taking product that has good cross-device synchronisation and some good business features.

Cons

Unfortunately there are other products coming out that are innovating a bit faster than Evernote who appear to have diversified so much that the core product has been left a bit lagging. Having tried a number of note taking apps lately we are seeing interesting features that make them interesting alternatives.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Imelda C.

Taking notes using various method and helpful tools

Reviewed on 2018/12/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I use Evernote to take down important details and information on certain projects/tasks that I am working on. I can easily organize my notes and research with this application. If I want to add pictures and files that would help me with my tasks, I can categorize my notes by topic or subject. What I like about Evernote is that I can use the voice recording instead of taking notes by typing. Then attach the voice memo as an additional information on that topic too which is great! All in one place using various method of collecting information. Web Clipper is also the best. Its amazing that I can browse websites and simply use web clipper to clip pages that would help my research which is much more convenient than going back and finding the site again. Everything in one place!

Cons

For cloud storage, others might choose One Note because it's linked to work emails and Microsoft applications that are always used at work.For Microsoft users, they can find One Note available or an application being suggested.But if they would compare, Evernote has unique features that can't be found in other note taking application. And they all function well and helpful.

Kim H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: Self Employed

My Go-To Note Tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

I use it for my day to day notes, shopping lists and even recipes.

It is invaluable if, for example I am out and about and I get a good idea. I quickly add it to my idea note and next day I can follow up. Before I used to send myself messages, but it was not the perfect solution.

As mentioned in the pros, it also protects my notes from theft, so I don't have to worry about backing things up any more.

Pros

I love the notes are in the sky and I can access them on all my devices. I initially got Evernote a few years ago, when my cellphone got stolen and I lost years of notes.

Now my notes are automatically backed up in the cloud and I can access them from my computers and my cellphone easily.

I am love the categorization and the search function, my old notes system was a mess. Now I just search for keywords and my notes are easy to find.

The history function saved my neck a couple of times, you can go back in history and see older versions of your notes. Just in case you accidentally deleted one or parts of a note.

Cons

I dont think there is anything I really dislike. I had a bug at one point, where one of my notes went blank on the Android app. But I could access and copy it on my desktop. So nothing was lost.

Industry: Computer Software

Some foolish glitches that make it annoying to use

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Overall it's fine. You can take notes on it and sync them across devices and have others collaborate, I just find it ridiculous that basic formatting functionality is lacking.

Pros

Easy to use, organize notes across folders and share across teams for real-time collaboration. Syncs across devices (relatively) seamlessly, though there have been times where this was not the case and updates have gone missing.

Cons

Silly issues with formatting and/or pasting external content. Every time I need to transfer content over from an external software (i.e. Google drive, word, Apple Notes, basically anything) the formatting gets completely screwed up and nothing is maintained in Evernote. Likewise, when copying and pasting data from Evernote in to other softwares, the same issues persists. When pasting a note into an email for instance, all of the bullets, spacing and paragraphs need to be completely redone. In my mind this really defeats the purpose of the tool entirely.

On another note, the search functionality is poor. Obviously everything pales in comparison to Google drive searches, but I find Evernote's to be particularly lacking and it is difficult to seek out specific lines of text =.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Religious Institutions

Great way to keep organized over multiple devices with multiple people

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

I am able to keep organized throughout my team. This means if I upload a mock up, my team can all instantly see it, edit it, brain storm and dream about it. Which moves us onto the next phase of drafting it, then printing, all the way to completion.

It allows my team to preview drafts of my multimedia and immediately provide feedback to the whole team where we can communicate as if we were all together.

Pros

Evernote Business has been a necessity for my media and communications team to be able to create a space to stay organized, share thoughts, brain storm, and move a project all the way to completion. The fact that the whole team can stay up to date and that the information can sync across all of my devices is something that I can't no longer work without now that I have had it.

Cons

The biggest trouble I have had with Evernote is its formatting of text. Although it is perfect and beautiful within Evernote, once I copy and paste it to any other software (word, adobe, etc.) it does not translate and the formatting is all over the place. Returns and indents where there should be and so one. I always have to clear the formatting and do that part of the work again. Not a deal breaker but something that would be greatly appreciated if fixed.

Ashley S.
Industry: Management Consulting

Harmony in Note-Taking

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Overall the use of Evernote Business has brought harmony to meetings and note-taking, with the use of templates helping to make sure there's consistency in how notes are being taken. It's become a daily use program for me, not just for meetings, but also to keep track of my daily tasks and schedule.

Pros

Evernote brings note-taking out of the Stone Age. The most useful feature has been the ability to create notes within notebooks and then place those notebooks in "stacks". This allows for a whole new level of harmony in keeping my notes, and thoughts, organized. Other features that have been lifesavers include the use of templates and tags - both of which save a ton of time in preparing and searching for meeting notes.

Cons

Formatting features do not function perfectly. A lot of the formatting will change or move around and that can be frustrating. I also have yet to master the navigation of the desktop version of the app. The navigation isn't as intuitive as it seems like it should be and the use of the "back button" can be confusing. This could largely be user error though.

Wim K.
Industry: Furniture

Daily workflow and our 'wikipedia'

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

I use it daily to store all business info. share data. and use as a wikipedia (private and businesswise)

Pros

Synchronisation on multiple pc's and mobiles. nice pasting from html source. (tables and such).
Overall pretty fine to work with. our product-catalogus data is kept there, pricelists, agreements, contracts, etc. easly shared with others

Cons

removing access rights to people is more difficult than it should be, got a lot of shared Books, but hard to maintain overal access security.

David G.
Industry: Investment Management

From Personal to Business Evernote

Reviewed on 2019/01/12

Pros

I have used Evernote (personal) since I was in college. From free then upgraded to Premium. I love how it just helps me to organize all my college notes/to-do's/etc into one place.

That's why I was indeed very happy to have it again with me now in my office / business startup. All things I loved about personal evernote is made even better with Evernote Business. I get to easily take down notes on the fly (smartphone, tablet, and my laptop), during meetings I also get the feature of saving an Audio recording (of course with the permission of the attendees), and when I browse the Internet, I have a handy clipper for my reference and used for presentations.

The newest thing for me that I love the most is the birth of templates. Very handy and I'm sure more template will be made and shared. Also, the black theme! Finally! :)

Also, the very benefits I have of personal use, is now made for workplace collaboration. I can easily share my notes with team members, as well as task lists and reminders. Very useful for my project teams.

Cons

Just a minor quirk on the UX... I would really like the phone/tablet app to go on fullscreen editing. I mean, there's a top bar that's pretty huge that takes up screen real estate. Other than that, I really love Evernote (personal and business)

Alex T.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Functional, Searchable, Quick

Reviewed on 2018/06/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This is my primary notetaking app. It's exactly what I want from such an app, and I love the fact that it stores my notes in the cloud and allows me to access them from anywhere.

Pros

The ability to apply the exact kind of text formatting you would want from a notetaking app (e.g., bullets, checkboxes, bold, italics, underline, indentation, etc.). This robust functionality makes this app extremely flexible for daily use: task lists, memos, even essays if you prefer this over more traditional word processing options. Syncs across multiple platforms (computer and mobile device). But even with all this functionality, it's not overwhelming or confusing like other notetaking apps. I also appreciate the developers' frequent updates to application.

Cons

Sometimes, if I've applied a lot of formatting to a given note, the app will slow down both on my smartphone and on my laptop. My laptop has 8GB RAM and an Core i5 processor. I know that's not game-changing power, but a simple app like this shouldn't slow it down. I hope they fix this in an update in the near future.

Sherri J.

Probably my favorite thing!

Reviewed on 2018/07/28

Robust storage system. Record voice notes. Upload multiple files. There's a cool scanner software that uploads directly to Evernote. Store almost any kind of file. Segment notes into notebooks for ease of finding. Tag notes for ease of searching. Share note with anyone also using Evernote.

Pros

I use Evernote daily. I use it for business and for personal stuff. I use it to create grocery lists, keep my gratitude journal, take minutes in every meeting, record my thoughts as I read books, think out ideas...you name it!

Cons

The annotation function for PDFs does not work well. I signed up for the premium version a few years ago because I wanted that feature specifically. I needed to annotate some PDFs and then download the document with the annotations.

I got the annotations in but they do not download as annotations ON the document. Instead, they download as a separate doc with a list of what you intend the annotate. That was useless for my purposes. I didn't renew the premium version because of that.

I still love the software but I don't see what you're paying for if that feature doesn't work correctly.

Ma jovelyn C.
Industry: Education Management

The RIGHT note, Evernote

Reviewed on 2019/03/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am not the kind of person who loves to organize but Evernote helps me be like one! Evernote makes my thoughts and notes organized and categorized. I love how the given templates help my note-taking so comprehensive and pleasing to the eyes.

Pros

What I like most about this software are the web clipper feature and attachment feature. the web clipper feature makes my life easier that instead of doing lots of screenshots, I can just clip the needed details to my notes and there I have it! the note-taking is done. Plus the attachment feature is also a thing. I can grab photos or needed documents in order to make my notes a more reliable note. Can I also mention the add reminder feature where it reminds me of my deadlines as I tend to be more forgetful as the days go by. You see as a teacher who do lots of paper works and attends too many meetings and seminars, Evernote improves my note-taking whether I am using my laptop or my iPad.

Cons

I just hope that the premium price of the software could still be lessened though the price was actually reasonable... A discounted premium price would be so much helpful for us middle-class workers.