Evernote Teams Reviews

Evernote Teams

4,4 (8 172)
Create, capture & access everyday notes on mobile devices

(8 172)

Hitesh
Hitesh
  • Industry: Publishing

The perfect notetaking tool!

Reviewed on 2022/02/25

One of Evernote's many features is its array of services and programs for keeping and analyzing written notes. A note, also known as a "note" in Evernote, can consist of text, photos, or embedded audio files. It can also have file attachments. straight from the very start, it can be organized into file folders, then named, annotated, edited, given comments, searched, and exported as an integral part of a pocket notebook. Evernote supports several mobile device platforms (including iOS, OS X, Android, Microsoft Windows, Windows Phone, Chrome OS, BlackBerry, and WebOS), and simultaneously has numerous web-based setup options and backup options.

Pros

Users can quickly create an attractive and easy-to-view note depending on preferences with Evernote, which offers several aesthetic, stylistic, and format choices for the user to choose from.

Sharing class notes and collaborating on them was made extremely accessible by Evernote, helping students work together in the learning environment.

Evernote makes it simple to organize information with notebooks, tags, and shortcuts, allowing users to swiftly locate what they need.

Cons

Integration with Outlook works to some extent, but needs to be improved seeing as most situations a Evernote file is not detected by Outlook and a plugin for Evernote slows down outlook.

The desktop client version 10 for Windows system lacks the opening of the program straight from the taskbar icon or the option to autostart at login.

A nice feature is that you can personalize your home page, but if you opt to save these customizations, it's a pay-to-play aspect.

OneDrive and Microsoft Word

Reasons for Switching to Evernote Teams

Like Microsoft OneNote and Notion, Evernote is an excellent app to help you keep up with daily notes and start to create compilations of important information. Evernote is also beneficial to busy business executives who don't want to deal with carrying bulky books of printed documents around.
Norzihan
Norzihan
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Taking note with Evernote Business

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Evernote has acted like my organizer but in digital form. I can adding note into most of the software that i use, and add a little notes and reminder for my future reference. The ability to add picture or audio to the notes give it more value, as more information can be added to the note.

Pros

What i really like with Evernote Business is, it has option to integrated with software like Gmail and Google Drive. I can attach files into my note for easy reference and forward my notes to the Gmail and shares it with my team. Using Evernote as a OCR(optical character recognition) for my PDF files let me to search for specific keyword in the files in a matter of second.

Cons

There are limited option for text style and format customization that can be altered and edited in here. A beautiful and properly formatted notes improve my moods and attract creativity in myself, which i hope this software can offer. Other than that point, everything else is wonderful.

• Industry: Legal Services

Time for a Change?

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Pros

Love the web clipper feature and the fact that the browser extension works on everything from Safari and Mozilla to Chrome and Opera--and that users can right-click content or webpages. Also love that you can clip an entire webpage that's fully functional when accessing in a notebook. The simplified article clipping function is also incredibly helpful in increasing the readability of pages with lots of distracting ads, videos, etc. PDFs can also be saved to notebooks online.

Cons

Having used Evernote Business for several years now, my notebooks and clips have accumulated and are quite substantial. I prefer to use Evernote Business with my web browser, and frequently experience sluggishness and long page loading times. Ditto for the desktop and mobile apps... I used to be able to click on multiple notes and combine them into a single note without any problem; however, it's been some time since this feature has worked. Also tagging notes can be a pain because if the program is being slow or unresponsive, it'll automatically tag clips with partially spelled tags or words, creating nonsensical and excessive tags that probably contribute to the overall speed issues I've experienced with Evernote Business.

Muthoni
Muthoni
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Remarkable Team Collaboration Tool Edition

Reviewed on 2023/11/06

Evernote is an incredible tool for collaborating teams. It especially help us assign task to our members and allow us share notes and files for easy information sharing. The alert feature is an addition that ensure we don't miss any important events or overdues. On overall it is an awesome tool of team collaboration needs

Pros

Evernote is an excellent tool that help facilitate team collaboration. It has a splendidly designed user interface and is soo simple to implement and use it . Using it for my team working together due to it's range of features that make collaboration soo effective. Such realtime communication with each other and a blend of note taking. These notes can then be sent to each other within the team which help delegate tasks and track progress of each member when working on a project. The ability to set due dates and reminders for tasks is also a plus for us

Cons

Compared to other task management tools, I find it's features quite limited for personal workflow management purposes. But for team collaboration I would rate it five stars

Suhailah
Suhailah
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

The best with idea management

Reviewed on 2021/04/19

Evernote Business is a very comprehensive application that really help me to saves my note and idea. It quick launching to start up the application let me to access to the software quickly and get on with my work. Overall, this is the best experience with note taking apps that i ever use.

Pros

Using this application for managing my notes, idea and daily task is the best as it is very simple to do it all from this single application. Separating all my notes into its own category help me to find my notes back quickly whenever i need it back. Saving screenshot of article on website using the web clipper also one of thing that is really useful with this application.

Cons

There are not many difference on feature for the basic account and the premium account which make it a little bit wasting to upgrade to the expensive premium account. The file format of this application also can't be read on other software and if i need to share the note to my team or my colleague, they also need to have this application for it to work.

Maisarah
Maisarah
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Next level note taking

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

I write a note a lot and the ideas comes to me at odd hours, Evernote give me a flexibility in accessing my notes in anytime i need. It also let me to shares the notes to my colleague and they can pitch in their idea.

Pros

Taking and saving notes or ideas from anywhere is the main factor that i really like with Evernote Business. It can be reach from my tablet or my smartphone easily as it is a cloud-based software. Anytime that i need to jot something, it is always available for me.

Cons

Evernote Business is not the cheapest digital notepad software in the market, and there are more software that are providing the same feature with less expensive.

el mahdi
el mahdi
  • Industry: Information Services

Managing documents using the best tools

Reviewed on 2023/04/20

I was pleasantly surprised by how well it worked; the business version has many quick tools that are easier to use than other programs I've used. I heartily recommend it to anyone looking for a diary management program because it has a ton of features in a single tool, and with a little practice, you can master using it for work purposes.

Pros

A distinctive program that contains many features such as:- It offers options for habit trackers, personal trackers, and other things. - The Offline Access service, which is exceptional and unmatched, was appealing to me.

Cons

Users struggle to complete tasks when software has a lot of functionality, and I believe it to be costly.

Google Docs

Reasons for Switching to Evernote Teams

I was drawn to the amazing and unrivalled Offline Access service.
Mark
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Evernote Teams is one of the best softwares in this field (for me it's the best!)

Reviewed on 2023/04/19

It was the right choice over all other softwires with all premium features it did the job pretty much prefect.We achieved what we were looking for , so yeah it was pretty much the correct thing to go with.

Pros

The available templets.The ability to maintain subtasks.The cross-sharing you can get to your notes at any time.The ease of use.

Cons

Basically the pricing for premium accounts ,I think it could be way cheaper than the current price.The free version was not worth it at all.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Better notes than post-its

Reviewed on 2024/02/22

I use it as often as I can my go to app for note taking

I use it as often as I can my go to app for note taking

Pros

It has capability to reas text off images OCR

Cons

It's not very well known we need to share it

DEEPAK
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

evernotes review

Reviewed on 2024/02/23

Pros

Easy to add notes .
Easy to share
easy to grab screengrans and attach it directly
chrome extension

Cons

ui interface can be better and it can have more integrations

Alhassan

Evernote made authoring my first handbook a walk in the park

Reviewed on 2021/07/08

My creative process can be quite disorganized; with ideas popping up at the oddest times and places. Having a readily accessible and user friendly product like Evernote allowed me to introduce some much needed efficiency and productivity into all that chaos so effortlessly that I completed my first manuscript 4 months ahead of schedule

Pros

The process of taking notes with Evernote can seem very casual due to the ease of using the software and how complete its feature offerings are. Whether to draw, write, or scribble, Evernote allows me the freedom of expression few other programs do. The feature that excites me the most is Evernote's OCR capability, which functions to perfection.

Cons

Accessing adequate functionality in offline mode is almost impossible. Even though the cloud solution has it's benefits, some attention should also be paid to developing adaptability to offline use as well.

Notejoy

Reasons for Choosing Evernote Teams

Evernote provided a more integrated family of auxiliary features and functions.

Microsoft Whiteboard

The reviews I read favored Evernote over the others

The best option on the market to note taking and managing

Reviewed on 2022/02/11

I used microsoft OneNote, but I found it too large to only take notes. I used simple word processors, but it takes too much space. I used apps like gmail (the google keep) and similar, but when it get too many notes it end up too loose. I used many available softwares in the market, not only specific note taking apps, I almos got back using my old fisic nootebook, and in those experimentations I ended up using evernote for I feel like the developers knows exactely what a note taking software needs.

Pros

Simplicity; Speed; Interoperability between systems; Version history; Recycle Bin

Cons

Occasionally, for reasons of poor internet connection and other issues related to integration between systems, one or another note ends up being duplicated, which takes time to understand what happened and eliminate duplication, but it is common. when using a lot of environments with multiple installations.

Microsoft OneNote, Notepad++ and Google Keep

Reasons for Choosing Evernote Teams

Once my laptop broke and when I retrieve the backup the onenote files was corrupted for it uses an encryption algorithm. This makes me lose about five years of note taking of my life. Not an experience I like to remember.

Microsoft OneNote

turan
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

A Living Digital Assistant

Reviewed on 2022/08/09

Pros

Imagine a huge library. A library with all the information you are looking for. Thousands of web pages, books, notebooks, receipts, pdf files. So where is the information you are looking for in this library?

Imagine that you can access the information that will make my job easier in this huge library in just seconds. Evernote is a great program that stores, stores, archives all information, can take notes on it, has a quick search content. It is a structure that saves information in just a few steps, can take notes on it, share it, and follow and remind some things for you.

Imagine that the time you previously spent searching for data and the information you were looking for was reduced by 70%. Of course, this is not a dream. Real. Consider that the paper consumption you use in all office processes is reduced by 40-50%. The 50% efficiency increase of the system resources you use is an extra gain.

While you can share the information set you have created with your own teams, you can distribute platform independent. Consider that you can actively manage this process with task distribution and orientation.

By connecting with other software, it provides ease of communication up to the mail service.

Cons

The repeat task option doesn't seem very usable to me. A more compelling option should be put in. It would be great if there was a feature to customize the program image. Like the theme change.

Zoho Notebook and Microsoft OneNote

Reasons for Choosing Evernote Teams

It has a reminder feature. Possibility to back up my old data. e-mail usage support. archival research and discovery.

Microsoft OneNote

Reasons for Switching to Evernote Teams

taking notes very fast Platform independent Quick access to data Almost zero hardware resource consumption. Shareability
Kaitlyn
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Awesome team software!

Reviewed on 2022/07/29

I would rate my overall experience an 8.5 out of 10. Evernote teams has so many awesome features that I really love! I often travel to meet with a designer or seller we want to work with, rather it be across town or several hours away, so it's great that I can open Evernote teams and take notes that my team can view and give feedback on.

Pros

I like so many things about this software! First of all it has never failed me, I've never lost notes or data and I've never had it stop working on me.
Best pros: Take notes from anywhere, Sync across all devices even with different operating systems, use with other products, work with your team easily, create tasks and lists, and you can add a drawing to a note! A huge bonus in any creative industry.
One thing that really stands out is that Evernote teams benefits me individually and our team as a whole!

Cons

There isn't a lot to pick at but I was disappointed with a few things. Customer support was not at the level I expected. When I sync and use the software at the same time it slows down significantly. When sync is finished the speed is restored but that's something I want them to fix.

Mohammad
Mohammad
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

A Satisfied User For Over 5 Years

Reviewed on 2022/02/03

In college, being able to effortlessly transfer my research documents & assignments from a library computer to the Evernote webpage is one of the reasons I stayed for a long time using this service.

Pros

The app's user-interface is clean & straight-forward. Adding widgets on my phone to instantly add a quick note or reminder, creating multiple notebooks with ease, & how superb it is to add entire documents inside a single note. Moreover, searching through a document's content came in quite handy & has absolutely become my #1 time-saving feature in this app.

Cons

Ever since the last few updates, the loading page of the Evernote (on Brave browser) takes a tad longer than before due to its newer UI. While functionality isn't affected overall, this aesthetic change felt a bit unnecessary to weigh down the platform.

Ing Siang
Ing Siang
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Perfect for small business in need of a flexible solution for File Management, Sharing & Collab

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

Pros

Love the flexibility, especially the way you can embed different files within Evernote, and render them within itself (e.g. you can view Office, Xmind, PDF and other files in your notes, either as attachment or as inline render (which is very useful).

There's also some nice features like password-protected redaction of words/information in a note, classic note links (useful for cross-linking of notes) etc.

And all these wrapped within the most important thing about Evernote - its platform agnostic nature, and very robust search engine (OCR enabled).

Cons

It is hard to use - the use case is not obvious and many users and companies failed to harness its power because Evernote doesn't have a very natural way of using it "correctly". There's just too many ways to use it. And it is really difficult to keep Evernote "organised" - for personal Evernote, you can say that's perfectly fine because you probably shouldn't have tried to organise your notes (you should treat it as a brain dump, and use search instead of trying to find things navigationally), but for business, you need to organise your stuffs and Evernote still lacks the ability to enforce certain control on that. You have to rely on your team members' ability to regulate themselves and tag notes rigorously and consistently.

It also has certain limitation that's not very desirable, e.g. lack of password-protection feature of an entire note, lack of more levels when it comes to organisation of notes in notebooks (no further stacking, bundle of notebooks etc.), and you almost certainly have to use Tags instead of Notebooks to effectively organise your notes.

Ross
Ross
  • Industry: Media Production

Essential Tool for Note Organization

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Evernote is one of my 3 essential tracking apps, next to Email and Basecamp. Email tracks communication threads, Evernote tracks my notes, and Basecamp tracks my tasks. It's hard to imagine living without any of these three foundational tools.

Pros

Evernote is the ultimate personal digital notebook. It's actually built as a collection of notebooks which allows you to document, well, everything you need to in a highly organized way. I've found that almost all of my thoughts start with Evernote and it serves as a great foundational app for lists, ideas, and concepts that you need to jot down and reference later. The cloud-based approach means your notes instantly live everywhere across all of your devices which is essential, especially because 80% of my use within Evernote is short, quick interactions and I never know on which device I'll need to access something. I don't have time to wait for it to load or to go through a bunch of UI to decide where to put my note.; luckily - Evernote does a good job of keeping the notebook selection process fairly simple so you can make your note and move on with life. I've also found Evernote's search feature to be very strong compared to other applications. I've grown to rely on the search more heavily as my notebook collection has grown.

Cons

Sometimes note creation is a tad clunky, mainly related to the "Name" of a note. I'll start typing out my note very quickly and then realize that i'm actually in the Name field which is disorienting and leaves my having to cut/paste the Name section into the description. I typically don't know what I want to name a note until I've finished writing it. This problem exists in both the mobile app and desktop versions.

Isaac
  • Industry: Tobacco

Evernote Business review by Isaac Fungura

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

Evernote is a very handy tool in my daily life, both business and personal. I tend to get overwhelmed with tasks and forget some brilliant ideas I may have had. So, I decided to install Evernote on all my devices - phone, tab, laptop so that when I take my routine morning walks or runs, and an idea pops up in my mind, I quickly jot it down.

The brilliance of Evernote is that I can type or use a stylus, or take a picture of say a product I want the procurement team to purchase and I can also record a voice note and save it as is...or it can also decode my voice note and save it as text almost instantaneously!

I can also save PDFs, Word documents, scribble a sketch drawing or even get a signature if I don't have a handy paper for a client to sign.

I also use it to set reminders and to-do list which I can then follow through later on. All this is then synced across my devices through my linked Google account so that even if I'm away from my laptop, I can still access my data or add notes on my other devices.

In the office and in meetings, I easily take notes and minutes and can then share that with colleagues. It's just superb and makes life sooo easy. It also switches on my creative mindset since I can just take down notes whenever and wherever I go.

I also use Evernote at my Masters school to take notes in lectures...how convenient, because I normally don't want to move around with books in my hands. Also it is very easy to store the notes and share them with fellows

Pros

There is no limit to what I can put or store into my Evernote account.
The library can store important business information such as company policies and procedure manuals for the access of everyone at the company who is using Evernote. It replaces the need for the company to have a physical library for sharing that info.
Evernote separates between private and business note books, hence respects privacy of employees and they can take that private information when they leave the company and all the business notebooks remain with the company.
Notifications when someone joins a library, edits or adds a note, these assist me in keeping track of what is going on around the organisation since I may not physically be able to cope with the events occurring around, but on Evernote, I quickly get insights of what is going on.
It allows sharing information across the organisation and getting feedback

Cons

When offline, I'm obviously unable to sync my content with my other devices. However, when I get back online sync becomes active.
It can become addictive sometimes as it is a part of my daily life

Isabella
Isabella

The ultimate note-taking application.

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

In the company, we had some problems expressing the ideas we had. Sometimes it was complicated to work as a team because of a lack of communication at certain times. We could use a typical dashboard for group ideas, but it was too inefficient. Evernote Business allowed us all to take notes for ourselves and for the company. The communication is now excellent and we find it to be software we can't stop living with. The variety of file types it handles is very good and the integration with other software we use is excellent for productivity. We have everything centralized in Evernote Business and the information is not lost.

Pros

I have a lot of ways to save a quick thought. I love being able to record a voice memo and save it as a note in Evernote and then being able to listen to it and write down some audio notes in the same file. I think that the spontaneity of Evernote Business and the ability to handle several types of files is what I like best and I think it is the strongest point of the application. Another aspect I like very much about Evernote Business is that the software is adapted to all operating systems and many devices. It is very convenient to have the software synchronized on all the devices of the company's workers because it is always accessible to take a note or make a contribution. The integration with other software used by the company, such as Gmail or the calendar, is perfect. I think it is essential to have good productivity in the team and everything is in one application. The synchronization in the edition of files and documents is very good, we have not had any problem. At first, it was hard to get used to their system of ordering notes by notebooks, but now I think it is essential.

Cons

At first we were intimidated by Evernote. It has too many features that are new to us. It's a friendly application in the interface, but it's challenging to use. It took us time and effort to get used to more and more features to get the most out of it, and it was better when we started watching the tutorials on the YouTube channel. The mobile application is growing too much. I'm worried that on some low-powered smartphone I won't be able to use this software. I understand it's because of all the media files out there, but I wish there was a lite version or a way to compress the files so they took up less space.

Mammaye Ousmane
Mammaye Ousmane
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Evernote Teams review

Reviewed on 2023/01/09

I was pleasantly surprised by the advanced features offered by Evernote Teams. In addition to allowing real-time note-taking and collaboration with my team, the tool also offers solid project management features, such as Kanban boards and shared calendars. This has really helped us better plan and track the progress of our projects. Additionally, Evernote Teams offers integration with other popular tools and services, which makes it easy to integrate the tool into our existing workflows.That being said, there are a few aspects that could be improved. For example, the user interface could be a bit more intuitive and data synchronization could be faster and more reliable. Despite these weaknesses, I am overall very satisfied with Evernote Teams and I recommend it to any team looking for a robust collaboration and project management solution.

Pros

I have been using Evernote Teams for over a year now and I am really satisfied with this tool. It helps me stay organized and work more efficiently with my team. The ability to share notes and files in real-time and discuss online with team members is really convenient. The project management tools, such as Kanban boards and task lists, are also very useful for tracking the progress of our projects. In addition to this, Evernote Teams is available on many devices and can be integrated with other tools and services, which makes it easy to integrate into our existing workflows. Overall, I highly recommend Evernote Teams to teams looking for an effective collaboration and project management solution.

Cons

Although I generally appreciate Evernote Teams, there are a few things that bother me a bit. Firstly, I find that the user interface could be a bit more intuitive. There are sometimes features that are a bit hidden and it takes a while to find them. Secondly, I find that data synchronization is not always as fast and reliable as it could be. I sometimes have problems accessing certain notes or files online, even if I have checked that I have a good internet connection. This can be frustrating when I am in a hurry and need to access my data quickly. Despite these few weaknesses, I continue to use Evernote Teams because I find it to be a very useful tool for project management and team collaboration.

Harindra
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

" Team Productivity Boosting"

Reviewed on 2023/03/10

Pros

Flexibility: Evernote is an adaptable programming that can be utilized for note-taking, project the executives, task following, record capacity, and that's only the tip of the iceberg. It offers a great many highlights that can be tweaked to suit individual needs.Organization: Evernote makes it simple to sort out and order notes and records. Clients can make note pads, labels, and stacks to keep their substance coordinated and effectively accessible.Collaboration: Evernote permits clients to share notes and work together with colleagues, making it simple to cooperate on ventures or errands. Clients can likewise give others admittance to explicit notes or note pads, guaranteeing that everybody has the data they need.Integration: Evernote coordinates with an extensive variety of other programming and instruments, including email, schedules, task the board applications, and that's only the tip of the iceberg. This makes it simple to smooth out work processes and further develop productivity.Accessibility: Evernote can be gotten to from different gadgets, including PCs, cell phones, and tablets. This makes it simple to get to notes and data in a hurry, guaranteeing that clients generally have the data they need at their fingertips.Overall, clients value Evernote's flexibility, association highlights, coordinated effort capacities, combination choices, and openness.

Cons

Restricted project the executives capacities: Evernote Groups is essentially a note-taking and joint effort instrument, and it doesn't offer high level venture the board elements like undertaking task, cutoff times, and progress following like a portion of its competitors.Limited arranging choices: While Evernote Groups offers fundamental designing choices, it misses the mark on further developed arranging choices that a portion of its rivals offer.Pricing: Evernote Groups can be moderately costly for little groups or people contrasted with some other cooperation devices, particularly taking into account that a portion of its rivals offer comparative highlights at a lower cost.Limited group coordinated effort: Evernote Groups is planned basically for individual note-taking and sharing, and it doesn't offer a similar degree of group joint effort highlights as some other cooperation instruments like Trello or Asana.

Ugonna Jude
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Seamless Multi-Device Support: Keep Your Notes at Your Fingertips with Evernote Team

Reviewed on 2023/03/29

Evernote Team is a collaborative productivity tool that allows team members to share notes and ideas in real-time, regardless of their location.

Pros

Evernote Team is a collaborative productivity tool that offers numerous positive features for teams to work together efficiently. Some of the positive features of Evernote Team are:Collaboration: Evernote Team allows team members to collaborate on projects and share notes, documents, and ideas in real-time, regardless of their location.Organization: The platform provides an efficient way to organize and categorize notes, which helps teams stay organized and find important information quickly.Accessibility: Evernote Team is accessible on all devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones, ensuring that team members can work on projects anytime, anywhere.Customizable templates: The platform offers customizable templates for various projects, making it easier for teams to get started quickly and work efficiently.Integration: Evernote Team integrates with other productivity tools like Slack, Google Drive, and Microsoft Office, making it easy for teams to manage their workflow seamlessly.Security: Evernote Team provides a secure environment for teams to work in, with encrypted data storage and two-factor authentication.Overall, Evernote Team is an excellent tool for teams looking to collaborate efficiently, stay organized, and boost productivity.

Cons

Search functionality: I would like Evernote Team to improve more on search optimization, which already has a powerful search functionality that allows team members to find notes and documents by keywords or tags quickly.

Benn
Benn
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Make your day productive

Reviewed on 2023/08/28

Evernote Teams allows me to read all my notes that are synchronized without the need for an internet connection, physical calendars are a thing of the past, now all my notes and reminders are digitized with Evernote Teams, This software also helps me find notes when there are already many notes saved in this software, with its search option and filter support.

Pros

I like Evernote Teams because it saves my information through notes, it has also helped a lot to increase my productivity and performance at work, with Evernote Teams we can create a manual account or we can link our Gmail account automatically. Saving notes is quite practical with Evernote I can access them whenever I want on any device whether Android or iPhone or on a computer, and changes or if we add a new note is automatically synchronized and can be seen in real time by everyone on my team.

Cons

While I've found a lot to love about Evernote Teams, there are a few drawbacks worth mentioning. At first, I had some issues with the user interface, as it took me some time to navigate through its features. If you are new to the platform, expect a learning curve. Cost is another factor; It's a paid service, and for small teams or individuals who don't need a full suite of collaboration tools, the expense may not be worth it.

Dan

Long time user

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Pros

Evernote stores important data and information that may be used later. It is a focal application for data acquisition that may be used in any business venue, especially in a business like yours where there is data gathered from many different sources and where many different work procedures need to be implemented for running the business efficiently.
Neither data may be lost nor timed actions depending on the information may be missed or miss-executed.

We can say that Evernote:

1. Stores information in a form of files called "Notes".
The Notes can contain text, files (any kind of file), photos, hyperlinks, audio recordings, video, screen clips, business cards. There are some features specific to the way Evernote can store information contained in a web page as;
1. Full page
2. Article
3. Simplified article
4. Screenshot
5. Bookmark
The web clipping functionality has not been implemented nearly as well in any competing product such as OneNote.

2. Notes are grouped in the "Notebooks"
Notebooks are like the Collections of related Notes, which indeed is very intuitive.

3. Notes can be “Tagged”
The Tags add finely "textured" categories - as a form of the "metadata", allowing for finer "indexing" of information and more useful aggregation of notes with the same tags/categories.
For example; in a "Project" notebook, we can have tags such as:
1. Collecting data,
2. Preparing data,
3. Analysing data,
4. Presenting a proposal,
5. Project implementation
6. etc…
In this way, the "Kanban" project management applications, such as Trello, can effectively use the Evernote notes as "cards" on Kanban dashboard lists. There is also a product called "Kanbanote" which can visually display tagged Evernote notes in a Kanban dashboard sequence of subsequently executed lists of actionable cards. In that way, a Note becomes an actionable "Kanban Card".

4. Notes can have "reminders" added.
The reminders allow for the Calendaring and time tracking of activities related to the information contained in Notes and Notebooks. Evernote can effectively be used as a Task management application saving time and money and simplifying employee training.

5. Information can be shared
Every Note and Notebook can be shared as a "dynamic" Note so that the people you share the Note with can review your content and add changes - or the Note can be shared in the "Static" form as a message containing the information of the shared Note. The message can be sent as an e-mail or as any other kind of message.

6. Information can be searched for, located and retrieved
One of the real strengths of Evernote has been the capability to perform a full-text search, searching not only within the Note title or contents but also within the attached documents, where I would definitely point out the PDF text search that can be performed over the internet on the Evernote servers.

8. Scanning, OCR and data patterns recognition
Evernote Premium subscription, that I definitely recommend, also has the neat option of scanning documents and business cards of your clients and customers, performing optical character recognition on the Evernote servers, connecting with your contacts management application, such as Google contacts or similar - and proposing a way to store the OCR-ed information in your Contacts with quite accurate matching of the information for the card to the fields of your contact management application.

Cons

e main deficiency with Evernote is you cannot create notes and share them without sending them via email, twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, or with a general link. It would be great to allow one person access to certain notes through the website, similar to Google Drive. I don’t believe this functionality is available though. Maybe this is part of their business features, we have not evaluated this portion of Evernote at this time. Another deficiency with this program is the size of storage available for free. Evernote offers 60 megabytes of space with their free level of the program.

Haja

Excellent Note Taking Platform - Organize All Your Ideas and Projects

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Evernote is an excellent, well-designed, comprehensive note organizing platform which allows profound ease of accessibility of your information wherever you are. These features make it extremely useful for business or personal use.

Pros

This idea-magnet helps you to quickly capture information, from the web, or your own generated notes, and easily organize and save this information. It is user friendly - there is no select all, copy-paste, drag and drop or formatting while trying to capture information. Instead, Evernote has a beautifully designed mobile application and browser extensions which make collecting many types of info (images, handwritten or typed notes, web pages, audio,etc) incredibly easy. With a button click, your info is stored securely and organized. Most importantly, your organized info is available across platforms. There are many nice well-thought out features to the software, including a great Android feature that lets you drag down your notification bar to quickly create a note.You can both capture web pages and control the extent which the info is saved (i.e. trimmed articles without ads, full web pages, headings, summary or links), and the notebook it is saved to. The original source link is retained as well.

The sync across devices is fast and works very well on Android Mobile, Web browsers (Chrome, Firefox). There is also a desktop version as well for Mac Os and PC Download. Under the premium version, there is even the option for offline accessibility of your notes (I have not personally used this feature). The free version is very good and the cost for premium versions which include unlimited sync and other features (searching images, receipts, email) is reasonable, depending on how much info you plan to store. You can further secure access to your info with fingerprint or password protection, and you can share info with a team. Very importantly, Evernote also plays well with other tech solutions, such as Google Drive, Airtable and LinkedIn.

Cons

Trying to share info from Evernote with other people who do not have Evernote is not as simple as you would think. The storage capacity for the free version could be a little larger.