ZilicusPM Reviews

4.7/5 (29 reviews)
Craig M.

ZilicusPM - Lots of functionality

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

The overall experience was great. The product has more function that we needed but will allow us to grown and add more function to our projects. Customer support was quick and provided answers to my questions.
I recommend Zilicus to any company that needs a tool to help track a variety of projects.

Pros

ZilicusPM has more than what we needed, which is great because it gave us room to grow.
■ Lots of features, scheduling, document tracking, resource tracking,
■ Custom fields - Zilicus allow for about 20 "custom" fields that can be used to capture and sort in user specific data needs.
■ One stop project repository. Anything stakeholder would want to know about a project in one place.
■ Ease of project users to update their tasks from a simple email.
■ Lots of reporting
■ "Custom" reporting allowed us to create a project tracking report to suit our needs.

Cons

There are only a couple of things that could use a tweak or two.
■ Scheduling (which is a complex task) is a bit awkward. There are almost 3 different ways to look and work on a schedule. Maybe just make one this all encompassing.
■ Data export to excel is a bit inconsistent. Two date fields will export in two different format. Not a huge deal if you know anything on Excel formatting.
■ Need to find a way to archive projects. They can be marked as closed or inactive but they still show on may lists. After a while the list gets too large to manage.

Venkateswara rao K.

ZilicusPM is really Good.

Very Good.

Pros

Response of the Zilicus team in resolving the issues is very good.

Custom fields for defining the project is Good.

Cons

Feature of quantifying the task should have been better. For example, task of painting a building. Its unit is Square metres. Task is painting of 1000 Sqaure metres. If daily progress is keyed in by the user, balance should be automatically worked out by system and to be displayed. Date wise progress, balance etc if available in a tabular form, that shall be great. I felt this is one feature most essential. Never the less, there is no end for addition of features. Development is a continues process.

Report Generation is not so user friendly.

Mobile App is also not so user friendly.

Rajarama rao B.

Amazing ready to go PMO solution on the cloud!

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

With ZilicusPM we are able to become more efficient in our project execution. It brings everyone on the same page. Modules like meetings are simply great as it has features to track MOMs and actions specific to meetings and projects.
End-user usability is really great due to the intuitive tracking mechanisms.
Overall it is a great friend to PMOs and executive management.

Pros

I liked the comprehensive suite of modules for management of - Schedule, Change, Risk, Issue, Resource, Budget, dashboards, collaborations, task management, access controls and so on.
Anyone wanting to quickly get started overnight with project management and showcase capability on professional project management of critical projects, this is the solution to go.
The user interfaces are very intuitive and enough learning resources are available for novice users.
It's not just project management, it's project portfolio management solution available at the cost of simple task management options available in the market.
It's definitely boon for startups, medium scale companies to get started right with project management practices.

Cons

You may not be able to integrate this with SAP or other ERP solutions.
It's good for those who do not need such integration support.

Ryon B.

Increased Succes with ZillicusPM

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

"As a Software Implementation Company, it was imperative that we find a Project Management Tool that was easy to use, yet powerful enough to enable our Project Managers and Teams to be successful. Once we found Zillicus, it became apparent we had found that tool. It has given our Project Managers everything and more that they need to be successful. We Live by the the mantra "On-Time, On-Quality, & On-Budget". Zillicus has absolutely helped us increase these ideals in all of our projects. All of our customers are impressed with the tool, and the ability for them to log in as a customer and see the project and tasks assigned to them. One of my favorite features is "Risk Management". This small but powerful piece has given my Project managers a simple tool that has helped us record,analyze and action Risks. This had helped us avoid issues in a project that we wouldn't have seen before. Overall I would recomend Zillicus to any size team for Project Management."

Pros

Easy to Use, Full Featured for Project Management

Cons

Lack of integration. Billing and invoicing

Scott T.

Checks All The Boxes

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

The business problem we are solving is project management using well established PMBOK practices and procedures to deliver on time, on budget, and safely. (I work in high voltage projects. No, not real exciting, amped up projects, but real high voltage projects up to 500 kV).

Want management of projects and portfolios? Short answer is make it simple. Zilicus goes a long way to providing the management platform.

Pros

One isn't supposed to praise within a negative context, but here it goes ... The number of times I have sat through PMO meetings when we get to the topic of management and backend systems. "But we have a project management system, Microsoft Project". MS Project is not a management System, it is one of the tools within the system. (Envision head banging on table - my own). Zilicus is a System.

And the per seat pricing and browser based interface makes it relatively cheap and easy to implement. If one can ever pry people away from their non-controlled Excel spreadsheet based forms. The bane of effective project management BTW.

Cons

Some of the washed out, or low contrast colours. Can be difficult to find some menu items and controls.

Sami I.

ZilicusPM is the gold standard

Reviewed on 2019/02/17

I am using ZilicusPM for a multi billion project operational commissioning task. I found that it is the only tool in the market that is cloud-based today that enables inter-dependencies between individual project. We have used it for 3 years, and it is still going solid, and better with each released update by Zilicus.

Pros

With ZilicusPM, we landed running with zero setup cost and time. The teams were quickly setup for a very complicated portfolio work. ZilicusPM enabled us to focus on the planning part, and not setup and training for the staff. This is unmatched by any package out there.

Cons

Sometimes the browser cache prevents screen update for this PM tool. But not entirely an issue.

Chuck W.

A great tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

As before, we went through a workforce adjustment and the PMO was reduced. Not having the people to administer a MS Project Server solution we looked for a tool that would allow our PMs to manager their projects without having to go through a steep learning curve. Zilicus fit the bill.

Pros

Our company was using MS Project Server which required a lot of "care & feeding" just to operate. I decided to move Zilicus to allow us to concentrate on our projects and not administering the tool. Zilicus delivered what we needed for an affordable price.

Cons

Zilicus had all the features we required. We did not have any cons.

Great Software for Companies of All Sizes

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

At the time that we found Zilicus we needed a solution to help us visualize our initiatives and project timelines. Zilicus offered that capability to us at a reasonable cost and on a tight budget for my team.

Pros

I found the software to be versatile with a large offering of features and functions while not being as complicated as many other project management software suites I have seen. I also liked how receptive their support staff was to suggestions and requests for improvement to be made. Over the 3 or 4 year period we had used Zilicus, they implemented no less than 5 requested features for our company.

Cons

The use of Zilicus on certain browsers was at times clunky and would require browser refreshes in order to resolve the issue. We also did not like that the project owner was the only one able to make changes to a project. We felt this could have been a control setting to allow us to open up project editing to all users or user groups within Zilicus.

7.0/10
Steven B.

Zilicus Rocks

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

Fantastic experience. The team has been very easy to work with and have been concerned about what they could improve that experience over the years. I have used ZilicusPM for managing construction projects.

Pros

It does what I need it to do. It is very intuitive which made it easy for me to navigate. I am not a trained PM, and have tried using other PM software. Zilicus allowed me to get things up and running from a project management point of view very quickly. I also liked being able to share what I was doing and give specific vendors accountability. But my favorite part is being able to put a budget and actual cost to everything.
I have recommended Zilicus and have used it and will continue to use it on my large projects.

Cons

I ca't think of anything right now. The team at Zilicus has been very easy to work with and responsive to my requests and needs.

Robert H.

Excellent integrated Project Management solution

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Excellent integrated software package. The challenge is getting my large hi tech clients to move away from Jira.

Pros

Best features that put this software ahead of other options:

+ OOTB dash board
+ Ability to easily summarize stats from multiple projects
+ Many standard reports OOTB

Cons

I would like to be able to minimize Gantt legends to maximize the screen.
Also would like more flexibility on dash board customization.

More Than Project Management

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Pros

Zilicus PM has many features including Issue Management, Change Request Management, Stakeholder Management etc. as well as Project Management. We were looking for a software to be used as a platform to combine all processes throughout project life cycle. That is what we liked most about it.

Cons

Actually, It has met all of requirements and expectations that we had so our satisfaction is far beyond the least. However, It might be better having more sophisticated document management and file sharing

Amit J.

One of the best online Project Management Software

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Being a volunteer organization, It was difficult for us to track and manage the activities in various projects. Zilicus helped us streamlining our projects. After adopting Zilicus, we were able to close more projects on time and within budget. Zilicus solved the problem of having separate system for expense reporting. With time sheet also integrated, we reduced a huge manual effort of calculating volunteering hours.

Pros

1. Easy to adopt
2. Flexibility on setting up various reports
3. Meeting Manager
4. Mobile friendly
5. Interactive Gantt chart
6. Kanban Board

Cons

Here is the wishlist:
1. Drilldown of the dashboards
2. MObile app should have more features

Chetan K.

Review of ZilicusPM

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

A n excellent multi-device solution with excellent dashboard to monitor project portfolios, especially on the cloud.

Pros

* A simple cloud based project management solution allowing tracking tasks and resource allocations
* Allows viewing of project progress on mobile
* Timesheet management of resources possible for project portfolio

Cons

Lack of tracking resource offsite days for resources. A workaround is to treat them as leave category

Chaitali K.

Awesome software

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

I liked everything about the software. It is very useful for my projects.

Cons

Nothing as of now. there is not a single functionality which you like the least.

Adelaide M.

Zilicus Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Pros

Ease of navigation and editing. Reporting capabilities.

Cons

Would like my company to make more use of the features.

6.0/10
Joanna B.

Tissue napkins producer - medium/small organisation

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

Pros

- communication - helps a lot to communicate between people not working in one office
- clearence - everything is store in one place. any time anyone form project can see all information about project even if somebody is absent.

Cons

- to detailed for our bussiness (tissue napkins production)- small organisation
- no info about how to finish project when you need to stop project; where to write what is the reason?

Oren I.

Good software to see the status of projects and resources

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

I had to consolidate all project planing customer issues and resources. I could do 95% of that with ZIlicus alone

Pros

That at any point of time, if I needed to allocate a resource to a project, I could see with 2-3 clicks who is available and when

Cons

It was easy enough to use, but could be more intuitive.

Shabbir B.

ZilicusPM Project Management Software

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Our primary need was getting Timesheet solution for all staff members to track Projects and Tasks hours for Administrative overhead and chargeable Projects. We are able to meet all these requirements with ZilicusPM , it took very little effort to get team members trained in using the software.

Pros

ZilicusPM is a feature packed solution, similar products in market are much more expensive. The interface is easy to navigate, does not take much time to setup new Employees or new Projects. Good selection of canned reports with Export to Excel available in most of the reports. ZilicusPm has good training videos to get you started, very responsive tech support team.

Cons

Expense Tracking does not have std mileage rate calculations built in to the form

Alaukik K.

Perfect project management tool

Really good

Pros

Gant chart, resource allocation, reports

Cons

Not any specific, no cons. All good.

Grzegorz H.

ZilicusPM_Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

Implemnt in 3 companies. Very easy to wiek fir not high quakified workers. Portfolio management quick to implement in the organisation

Pros

Project planning
Risk management
Cost planning and control
Portfolio management

Cons

View of gant chart sometime to small to see properly.

Dave W.

Effective and Efficient Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

After using and evaluating a number of offerings, ZIlicus stood out in all areas - it is very affordable, scaleable, and brings a huge number of pluses to the table.
Support is first-class - responsive and knowledgeable. Zilicus make you feel like they really value your business, and want you to succeed.

Pros

It is simple to set up, easy to use, and has a common-sense approach to projects which (IMO) elevates it above most other competing systems.
It is comprehensive, but not bloated with useless or baffling bloat-ware.

Cons

There really isn't anything to dislike, Zilicus is so easy to use.

Feras Z.

Multi Functional and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/06/09

Pros

Easy to use, learn and train
online data base

Cons

Needs More Scheduling Options
Some minor modifications e.g. search could be more developed

Randall A.

Solid functionality in an appealing package

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Really helps me to be organized and have a comprehensive snapshot of my company

Pros

Easy to use and yet visually appealing software that just works

Cons

No cons I can think of at the time of this review

Project Management Made Simple

Incorporation of feedback/suggestions by Zilicus
Integration
Simplicity

Cons

None that I can think of, would be great if they can offer other productivity tools too.

Rahul S.

Review of ZilicusPM

Reviewed on 2019/05/05

ZilicusPM has all the core features required for managing different types of projects. I found the feature set extensive and good for all the project managers. Tractability across different modules is also helpful.

Pros

I used ZilicusPM for project and task management in my previous organization and found it very useful. It has wealth of features and comprehensively covers various project management activities.

Cons

User experience can be strengthened further, but overall found very useful