Accelo Reviews

Accelo

Automation software for all Professional Service Businesses

4.4/5 (119 reviews)

Full of functions which provides compliexity

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/02/15

They have tried to satisfy so many requirements in enterprises. This became their system complicated and difficult to work.

Pros

1. It Supports a comprehensive variety of activities in an enterprise including CRM, Sales, Projects, Tickets & Requests, Contracts & Retainers, Tasks & Activities (Operations)
2. There are good API’s for integration with other systems.
3. It seems that they have published their API code in GitHub, so programmers can join and improve their API Code.
4. There is good integration with Google including google contact and google calendar
5. Very good Setting for “Module Titles” so a variety of users can customize the application based on their own industry and literature
6. Supporting the concepts of “Default Billable Rate” and “Default Cost Rate” for any user is really nice for having a costing system and evaluate the profitability of every customer.
7. A task can be against so many concepts including Project, Period, Ticket, Sales, which provide great flexibility for software.
8. The Idea of Task Board is really nice and this is a very good tool for monitoring tasks and keep them in mind
9. Mentioning about their blog is good for creating loyalty

Cons

1. They tried to have a good responsive web application, but they were not fully successful in this case. Some of the icons on the upper toolbar will not accessible when the size of browser is in its minimum width. Alternatively, when the “List of Activities” is open and I change the width of browser, some of the texts will be override on each other.
2. Defining tasks is not very user friendly. For example when we want to define a new task and we don’t enter anything in the textbox of “Search Accelo for Company or Work” the Error Message is “Against field is required” this is right that the empty field is marked by a red box, but it is not very clear and user cannot guess which is the “Against Field”; because even there is no tooltip for it.
3. Some of the Help Videos are not updated based on the last version of the application. For example, a Video about timesheet just shows Weekly Timesheet and not Daily Timesheet which it seems that this menu has been added recently.
4. Application Setting is really complicated and full of different options for everything. Learning this comprehensive setting is difficult. It was better; there would be a “Search” to find whatever an administrator is looking for it.
5. A task can be assigned just to one person. It means that there is no common task for team members.

6.0/10
Chad F.

Customized Agency CRM with lots of ongoing Changes but might not be best fit

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

ordering and keeping track of our client base - with specific notes and stream or history of conversations and emails with each of them attached.
Easy tracking of support or maintenance tickets and conversion to invoices from a few simple filters.

Pros

We transitioned away from an Excel Spreadsheet to Accelo and the transition was amazing. Just forcing us to cleanup our accounts in order to transition saved us thousands in internal errors, missed billing etc.
Accelo keeps you organized and has a wealth of options that you can take advantage of depending on the package you select with them.
For us the most useful things were 2 way integration with QuickBooks Online - and being able to track time on tickets and tasks in Accelo then fairly easily filter and convert those completed tickets into invoices within QuickBooks.
We liked how easy it was to enter time on a ticket and we loved being able to filter on staff for customized time periods in order to see hours worked by project for billing purposes.
Overall this is a robust CRM software that helps you keep track of your clients all in one place, make detailed notes on your relationship with them, track your historical conversations with them and integrate with your Accounting software.

Cons

Our biggest issues with Accelo were integration and Price:
At first everything worked fine but after a provincial PST increase we had to create a new Combined tax rate in QBO and it stopped working with Accelo. Customer Service chased this down for months but we never got a reolution - just updates that they were working with QBO on this. After several months of not being able to push invoices through - it became clear we needed another solution.
Secondly was the price. That was just too high for us in the end. We found other software that was not as robust, but fit our needs better, integrated with QBO more reliably and charged us a flat rate rather than a per employee rate - which makes MUCH more sense for us.
One last thing we didn't like that they may have already updated was that filters were not able to be saved. We'd have a staff meeting and load up a page with 3 or more filtering specifications then click something and the results of the filter were lost. We'd have to go through all the steps to get back there again. Same thing next week. It would be nice to be able to customize your filter selections and save them so you can run the same evaluations or reports repeatedly and easily.

4.0/10
Jessica W.

An excellent all-rounder

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

In our business we can have a long sales cycle, we also have consulting work, training, software we resell, support level agreements, adhoc support tickets, and we have larger project work as well. It is a lot to manage with a small team.
I tested many software solutions before we chose Accelo. Many packages were great in one area of our business but couldn't transition work as required. That is what really attracted me to Accelo. In Accelo you can start with a sale, migrate it to a project or a support ticket or a support ticket to a project. The system has the flexibility to work with the systems you are already used to and at the depth you want to go.
Accelo is a great all-rounder for a small business. It also integrates with the major accounting packages to ensure the tail end is taken care of as well.
When it comes to support, I've found the Accelo team to be supportive, encouraging and tuned in to their customers. The software is also evolved and improved regularly to respond to customer needs and to fine tune functionality in this worthwhile tool.
The time tracking functionality in the tool is excellent, and one of the features which sold me on the tool. I love the integration with outlook as well, creating that audit trail for future reference. In some ways though I think activities should come through with an aggregate cost, to simplify reporting to clients - sometimes too much information is a bad thing. It also takes longer than I would like to complete a time sheet and sometimes time is missed because work hasn't been approved. Also as updates are always happening, the time isn't static and this can be an issue when auditing time spent against an invoice down the track.
Customer facing reports/dashboards are also sourly lacking in the tool and my number one frustration right now. When a client calls me up and says how is my SLA tracking. I want to be able to produce a report which gives them the 5 key pieces of data they are after on the spot and send it to them, or at the very least screenshot it - at the moment we will export a detailed list of the support tickets and projects in progress for a client into excel, aggregate and manipulate the data manually and a create a dashboard front page which we then send them. It's a lot of work.

Response from Accelo

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your feedback! You are not alone in asking for more reporting. Luckily we are looking to release a beta integration with PowerBI within the next few weeks. While we also work to improve our native reporting, having a dedicated BI tool that connects directly to Accelo will be key in providing detailed reports.

Kind regards,

Rob L.

Ongoing clever innovation keeps this product fresh

Review Source

Accelo solves the problem of double handling data when progressing clients from sales to work in progress and maintaining ongoing work for that client. This saves time and cost... In the past we had to re-enter the contact details from a CRM, after the lead became a client, into a Project Management system, for service delivery, then into a Support tool, to manage ongoing work. A single license with Accelo was cheaper, than other software systems combined.

Pros

I like that Accelo combines almost all facets of my business in one application. Not only do I get CRM & sales capability, I also get job/task tracking, project management, support ticketing, and billing! There is integration with key third party apps so I rarely have to go anywhere else to run the business.
I also like the user community engagement and level of communication to keep informed on product development.

Cons

It is hard to dislike anything given all the recent improvements, but next I'd like to see a payroll feature, so either I can export timesheet data to a third party application or run a payroll process within Accelo.

Valentina B.

Flexible, customisable, easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Business clarity on tasks and requirements and deadlines are definitely my favourite. I love the platform a lot, but as a small business (1st year of operation), it's by far my biggest expense after rent (and not much between the two figures). Perhaps my set up isn't correct with user admins, but the #1 priority is for timesheets, and for that, everyone seems to need the most expensive option. Honestly, I'm at a point where I have to review other platforms because of the cost, but I really don't want to because I do honestly believe in what Accelo can do and if using all the right features, I know will be integral for the business to grow.

Pros

I love that I don't have to teach my team to use Accelo, they get their login and they are away.

The scheduling tool appears really powerful to streamline the use of studio production.

Love the task management and budget flow, it really is the most comprehensive platform I've used and I've tried quite a few before investing in Accelo.

Cons

The charge per user, when some of my users are just timesheeting and not much else. For a monthly cost, it can build quite quickly with part timers and freelancers involved in the business.

I find the PDF of templates a bit clunky, whilst they can look great on the screen, they don't always PDF accurately.

Biggest bug bear is the inflexibility with proposals to show a weekly cost, one off cost, monthly cost or annual cost. It seems to calculate and bundle as one. This would be a good game changer to have these options sorted out.

Deanna P.

We have streamlined our proposal and vendor process. The Accelo Team is committed and helpful.

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

The stream tracks past info so nothing is lost- I can always go back and see where we were and who said what - awesome! We have substantially cut down on our quoting process/time and it is much more consistent for us now. Instead of using Project Templates I'm using milestone templates and it has been fantastic. I build a quote and then customize it perfectly. And the release of POs was a game changer for us. We don't use them in the traditional sense-we send them to our consultants to verify what they will be paid as subcontractor, but it is working well for the most part.

Cons

1)- Please bring Rich Texting into the body of the quotes FAST and to the emails when we are sending the quotes out to the clients. 2)- Navigation in the "configuration" backend is not user friendly - feels like it needs a "do-over". I find it overwhelming and frustrating. Whenever I have to update or fix something I'm spending WAY TOO much time in my day back there. Time I should be using making more money with clients.... mostly trying to find where I should be. 3)- My Executive Director is finding the reporting function to be challenging when it is time to pull info for the board of directors as well...... OH! and...4)- when using the POs 1 out 10 times the PDF does not populate.... it's like there is a glitch in the system?? I have to delete the entire thing and start over.... ??

Wildly underrated email integration and excellent business process automation

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Accelo customer service is excellent. They are very responsive, quick to fix any issues that arise, and are always working on improvements and new features.

Pros

The email integration is fantastic, allowing for automatic email capture from all of our team, customers, and suppliers while simultaneously addressing the need for privacy controls in that solution. Most other solutions require the team to manually interact to add those interactions and, well, that just doesn't happen. I don't think Accelo touts that functionality nearly as much as they should.

The ability to automate our business processes is a tremendous value as well. Consistency, minimizing mistakes, and reducing training time of new employees are critical factors for our success and this type of automation has proven to be worth the effort it takes to set it up correctly.

Cons

The target market for Accelo is primarily agencies/service-based companies that invoice time and materials. We are an Electronics Manufacturing company and as such, there are many aspects of Accelo that aren't highly applicable in our environment (though we've been surprised on how we've been able to tailor it suit our needs!). With that, there are many features that just don't apply.

THE Project Management Tool to Use

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

Pros

It is easy to create new projects in minutes with saved project templates. The gant chart view makes it easy to adjust timelines and due dates. You can alert teammates when their task is ready to start, and the task dashboard makes it easy for you to view your tasks for the day/week.

Cons

The schedule view is not useful as is. Currently the schedule view will show how many hours of work you have for a given day. 1) You need to have a time set for the task in order to see this properly listed in the schedule view, 2) If you have a task that takes 3 hours, but you have it spread over 3 days it allocates 1 hour per day on the schedule view. If it's day 3, and that task had not been identified as started and no time logged it should show 3 hours of work on that day - but instead it still shows the 1 hour. If that logic were set properly it would make this schedule view much more useful.

There is also a major issue with setting project schedules, you need to be sure to lock-in the dates otherwise your project dates keep adjusting until you start. It can really screw things up if you don't have that set right away.

Christian M.

Amazing CRM and Project Management Tool for your small or midsize biz

Reviewed on 2016/11/01

At the same time this online tool comes out of the box ready to run and play, it also allows you and your business to customize the workflows and projects skeletons to shape to your business requirements... Zero coding programing... everything is very intuitive, visual and helps you manage and delegate the entire process since the moment the client/customer knocks the door to approving and billing. It's helping my business grow and helping create accountability across our teams and employees.

Pros

At the same time this online tool comes out of the box ready to run and play, it also allows you and your business to customize the workflows and projects skeletons to shape to your business... Zero Programing with Coding.. everything is very intuitive, visual and helps you manage and delegate the entire process since the moment the client/customer knocks the door to approving and billing. It's helping my business grow and helping create accountability across our teams and employees.

Cons

needs improvement in mobile app. need to provide better training on setting up when starting from scratch, even after paying for the full initial setup package.. still needed to invest internal time to personalize the tool to our requirements

Jan B.

Valuable for Management Consultancy with Distinct Lines of Business

Reviewed on 2018/09/25
Review Source

Pros

- we loved the idea of a fully integrated professional service system. TImesheeting, project management, and business development (prospecting) follow-up, and project cost tracking were essential for us.
- we use everything in Accelo except 'ticketing'.
- we were initially attracted as well by the invoicing and the project profitability features.
- time sheeting, project cost tracking, business development (opportunity funnel) and basic project management work very well for us. The team - including external contractors - use the system externally, and it greatly streamlines our weekly All Hands review meetings.

- We have consultants with extensie experience with Salesforce and Work, and they comment this is much better suited to our 'professional services' application.

Cons

- the proposal/ quoting functionality has been a disappointment. We wish there was better functionality to impot text, 'view' andedit and modigy layout, due to the nature of professional services work. The quoting/ prosposal module is probably fine if you are quoting 'canned' services like web design packaging, or system configuration / maintenance, but not for much else.

Cheryl B.

Effective tool but missing some key functionality for management of a team

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

The company is good to work with. They try to be accommodating with requests. Their support team is responsive. There are some fundamental functionality missing from the system such as the ability to apply a discount to a quote. Also the way margins are calculated is incorrect. I need to recalculate by myself. Some of the dashboards are not meaningful. I would love to see the company spend time understanding reporting needs, and update the software to provide more meaningful information.

Pros

The ability to create an opportunity, quote, and then close it into a project where we can assign resources and log time is very convenient.

Cons

Reporting capabilities are severely lacking. I have to try many different ways to pull out data into excel and further manipulate it to do the type of analysis I need to do as the leader of a team. When I filter data, it doesn't always make sense and it doesn't leave me confident that the data is accurate.

6.0/10
Dave J.

Excellent tool for a Marketing Agency looking to get hold of productivity

Review Source

We are solving many problems with Accelo, from project scheduling and timesheeting through to sales forecasting and email tracking.

We use Accelo for the following:
Contract Management
Project Management
Professional Service Automation
CRM

Pros

Before we used Accelo, time spent on work was gathered via a rather ugly Outlook task list workaround, which was neither practical nor scaleable. Accelo's project and retainer scheduling functionality allows us to book-in large projects much more easily than before, and also ensures that time is tracked more accurately, allowing senior management to find true profitability of projects and marketing services.

Cons

Of course there are a few elements of Accelo that could be improved, but one of the benefits of working with Accelo is that they listen to their clients. I am constantly in touch with Geoff and the team to offer ideas and help with beta testing, which makes me feel like a valued customer.

Randy M.

Accelo Helps Our Digital Marketing Agency Stay Accurate and Efficient

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

We receive regular updates from the Accelo team about their ongoing development to enhance their platform. It is encouraging to see their commitment to investing in their product.

Pros

Accelo does a good job helping our marketing agency setup and manage retainers for clients and manage the budget of time they have available. In addition, Accelo allows us to manage website design and development projects down to the minute and helps us ensure projects are on-time and on-budget.
If needed, we can produce an audit trail of work performed for a client in a moment's notice. Our website management team also uses Accelo to manage the hundreds of tickets that are received from clients needing changes to their websites.

Cons

Although Accelo includes a CRM component, this is perhaps the weakest part of their platform at this time.

Will G.

Great solution for bringing all of our prospect and project management together

Review Source

We are a small company without a dedicated business development of sales team. Accelo really helps with keeping on top of new leads and following them through to project setup and delivery. As the Principal in this it has allowed me to be much more in touch of when leads are being neglected or projects are stagnating.
In addition, the time keeping functions allow us to bull approximately 10% more hours, just by keeping better logs

Pros

Having all of our leads and project management in one place allows us to follow through relationships with prospective and current clients, right from the initial contact to project delivery and follow up.

Cons

The learning curve is quite high and on boarding new employees takes some time. This just needs the procedures set up but it does take resources in a small company.

Laurel C.

I love Accelo

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

I'm a total fangirl of this product; it makes me better at my job. I've actually weighed whether to switch jobs based on the fact that I wouldn't use it daily, it's that good!

Pros

I love how comprehensive Accelo is. There's a really thoughtful approach in that you can track all comms and the history for each client in one place. Accelo has re-defined how our agency works as it takes a lot of the manual organization work out of the equation.

Cons

The price? My company recently went through a merger with eight other companies (globally, but still within the South Pacific) and the cost to use Accelo company wide was too high. At the moment, our higher ups are looking for replacement tools, but everything is independent of each other. Some apps integrate with others, but it's no where near as sophisticated as Accelo. Our smaller team has made a case for our continual use, but I fear it's a matter of time before we'll be required to use something else for day to day ops management.

Loris D.

One stop Solution

Reviewed on 2016/11/04
Review Source

Accelo is one of the most systematic and organized application. I opted for the free trial and was very much pleased with what it offered. It a system or strategy that helped me managing client interactions, dealing with future and current customers, optimizing and systematizing relationships between them. It is a cloud-based CRM platform, which allows me to stay connected with the client information whenever and from wherever. All the requirements to satisfy a client could be done online through the AffinityLive application. It also integrates nicely with other applications such as Google related applications (Google Mail, Contacts, and Calendar). The user interface is easy to use and navigate. Glad I came across it. I am so relieved all the work is done easily with this.

Pros

It can seamlessly be integrated with all leading platforms.
It helps accumulate everything at one place be it CRM, Email, Project Management, Support Ticketing etc.
They have one of the best support services.

Cons

The only con that i find in it is that it is abit tough to learn at one shot. So new ones take some time in getting handy with it.

Rachel Q.

Easy to learn with helpful staff

Reviewed on 2015/05/27

Pros
- easy to use especially with the guides and you tubes and google searches. It can be hard sometimes to understand the answer but I just ask a question and the team answer for me.
- the ideas field is excellent as there are a number of solutions already posted for problems which you can use to adapt to your settings.
- constant upgrades and improvements. The team recognize that the product needs to be alot of different things to different companies and are constantly improving and upgrading each section so it is more versatile.

Cons
- unable to set multiple bill rates per engineer. Our rates vary per job for the one engineer. With the version we have we are unable to set multiple rates. However I do believe this is possible with a different version.
- Quotes section - would be great to be able to import our template to make it easier to use. However Affinity have already communicated that Quotes is a work in progress with more improvements expected in Q3/Q4

Overall
- it is an easy to use tool that suits our business needs. We have the basic access but are still able to manipulate data and reports to get what we need.
- Each day I learn more and more about the tool which is also enjoyable as we see how it helps our sales team each day.
- The team who answer all of my questions (and I have ALOT) are really helpful and break down the answers into a language I understand. I have no HTML background or programming background so for technical engineers to be able to translate a product into a language that the lay-person understands really is an excellent skill to have (and rare).

Response from Accelo

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for your candid and honest review. We are always looking to improve our product and appreciate the feedback you provided. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Kimberly H.

Lots of Potential

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Overall, I like using Accelo and will continue to use it. I hope expand how we use it and explore new areas of the tool.

Pros

This is one of the few tools out there that has been extremely helpful in managing retainer work. Our team appreciate the tool's ability to track time and tasks within projects. I also really like the triggers for alerts on budget/usage %, this automation has been very helpful.

Cons

There is a lot of rigidness about the system, with lots of work arounds, but still some aspects of it do not have the flexibility you want it to. Task are more difficult to manage and assign than just a task management/checklist type system.

David J.

Best all round CRM, Project Management and Invoicing software.

Review Source

I've been using Accelo for over a year and found that it has become an integral part of the way I operate my business. Having tried a couple of platforms previously, I've found that Accelo is the best all round solution if you require an end to end CRM and Project Management.

Pros

Abundant with features, slick user interface, iOS app available which syncs with the online software, integration with all the popular software platforms like Xero, Gmail, Google Calendar etc.

Cons

No cons to report for Accelo.

Richard A.

I'm a bit smarter and definitely more productive with Accelo

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Accelo has given me a "picture" of my business that, initially, I was reluctant to believe. Sometimes that first accurate picture isn't pretty, but I'm thankful for it.

Pros

Accelo has encoded the work flows for my business. I was unaware of some of those flows, so the software has educated me. It solved problems I didn't know that I had.

Cons

What I like least really has nothing to do with Accelo. It can be complex, but, for me, that was because I didn't understand some of the complexities in my business.

For example, the Retainers section has you trying to understand the options that they give you. Your first question will be, "Why does this have to be so complex?", or "Who would do it that way?". When you realize the reasons that they structured Retainers, you understand the power of it.

Brad S.

I live in this 8 hours a day... here's what I have to say

Reviewed on 2016/11/01

I like the ability I have to manage my own tickets and while also being able to track my teams progress as well. The automation features really help cut down on time spent on writing responses and helps to deliver good service to our end users.
The ability to search past tickets seemingly from the beginning of our service with is insanely helpful when trying to remember back what I did to resolve a specific issue.
The stream is also a great tool to see what the team is up to. I dislike that it's web only. I feel that having a local app that looks to the online data would open up a world of possibilites.
I struggle with the fact that when I open a note or start sending an email I cannot reference ANYTHING on the ticket or site. The note or email consumes the screen. Being able to minimize that window or better yet have all the information on one screen so you can reference past notes on the ticket or review past responses and details in previous emails. Currently it's painful to do and it is hands down my least favorite aspect of the service.

Kevin W.

Visibility is the key

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

What happened in my business today, is the burning question Accelo helps me answer.

Pros

Across all our different revenue streams, tickets, contracts, projects we can for the first time, incredibly easily track activity and therefore see Profit per employee and Profit per Contract / Project / Ticket alot more easily.

Cons

It doesn't really suit a software consultancy although strides into Adaptive Project Management are definitly steps in the right direction, and I have no doubt the Accelo team will continue to listen to customers and improve at a rapid rate as they have done for quite a number of years now.

Ryan F.

Good At Lots, Not Great At Anything

Review Source

Accelo is a decent platform that aims high in their feature set, but with mediocre results. We were attracted by the number of integrations available, but some of those have since been removed.

I am encouraged by the pace of development, so it's quite possible these features will grow in maturity in the near future.

Pros

The platform has a number of serviceable solutions that integrate well with each other, and with Google Apps / Gmail. The onboarding options are helpful and support staff are very friendly.
The Retainer tool does a decent job of managing recurring tasks and commitments once you figure out how to use it.

Cons

Unorthodox vocabulary, modules operate differently from class leaders, so the learning curve is significant and that can impair adoption across a team.
None of the modules can reasonably be called best-of-breed - but most are still useful.
- The Ticket system is a far cry from Zendesk, but still good enough.
- The quote feature doesn't stack up to Quote Roller, so we still use QR for sales proposals. Accelo used to support integration with Quote Roller, but no longer does.
- We tried to get by with their Project Management tool, but everyone gave up. Now we use JIRA for major projects.
- We have multiple businesses operating in different currencies, so we reply on Xero for accounting, and Freshbooks for invoicing.

DO NOT SIGNUP

Reviewed on 2016/03/11
Review Source

This is a classic situation where a software company promises the moon on their website, yet then does not deliver. We have lost data on their platform, had hundreds of bugs, and there is limited or no support for users. It is little surprise that they have such a high 'churn'.

Pros

The idea of a fully integrated professional service system is attractive. Yet there is no delivery on the promises.

Cons

- Does not do what it says on the box
- The offering is convoluted and they offer no training
- Staff are rude when you ask for support
- Consistent bugs erode what little value that remains

Response from Accelo

Hey there, really sorry to hear about your less than stellar experience with us. It’s definitely not something we take lightly. That said, the issues you’re describing aren’t any we’ve run into with prior or current clients.

We never experience data losses, and all of our data is backed up on a daily basis. Users can of course delete their own data (and sometimes do so inadvertently), and recovering from backups does incur a cost for engineering time that some folks don't want to spend.

Bugs are a fact of life for any software product, and we're no different. Our clients tell us that we're the most responsive and transparent company they have ever dealt with; we often turn around bug fixes within a day (since we ship code multiple times a day), and we're very transparent with our fixes and improvements (www.accelo.com/resources/updates). Unfortunately, we're not perfect and we do have bugs, but we endeavor to be as responsive as possible to address them.

Additionally, we provide extensive, free email-based support with an average response time of under 4 hours during Q1 of 2016. We also provide extensive implementation and training services, but since these are tailored to your requirements and delivered one-on-one, they have a cost; choosing not to buy these services is of course the user's choice, but that choosing not to read the manual or get driving lessons doesn't mean it is the car's fault when you crash it ;).

Lastly, part of the appeal of Accelo is how robust its modules are. No other PSA software on the market offers as fully-integrated of a suite as Accelo. That said, we don’t claim that Accelo is a perfect fit for every business, which is why we offer a free 2 week trial to test it yourself.

Again, I apologize if this was not the experience you had, and guarantee that if you were to give Accelo another chance we would work tirelessly to deliver you a much better user experience.

Joshua K.

I couldn't function without Accelo, but it still drives me crazy!

Reviewed on 2018/07/24
Review Source

Pros

It has so many features that it's light years ahead of anything else I've tried and I've been through dozens of programs. I'm probably using 10% of the features yet it's still indispensable. I love how I can set different rates for different clients, even the same clients but for different projects. I can fairly easily track my time and send invoices.

Cons

That said, Accelo is so utterly confusing, that if you don't already have a complex management system that you're converting from, and is one which you already mastered, you can get very easily overwhelmed by the differences between Retainers, Tickets, Projects. You can attempt to just use one of them and see how it works for you, but then certain items won't be billable if not set up with the correct item. I wish they had templates set-up already designed for different industries, where they had instructions of how to setup and perform specific processes for your needs. Then a guide to stages to go to the next complexity of tools. I feel like I can't move forward for fear of breaking the 10% I'm able to use properly (or improperly). Support is very poor and only available via email. It can take a day for a response and I find myself having a week long back and forth on something that would take just a few minutes via phone.