Brandwatch Reviews

3.9/5 (11 reviews)
Tyler G.

Great for Small - Medium Sized Business and Focused Monitoring

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

1) Expected Volume: Brandwatch is more affordable for clients who need comprehensive coverage, but not necessarily unlimited mentions.

Brandwatch is the best value for core brand health monitoring, while still maintaining a competitive edge at higher volumes (1 million+ monthly mentions). Combined with historical data from 2010 onwards, access to the Twitter “firehose,” Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and an ever-expanding database of all digital publications, you will not want for coverage.

2) The complexity of Boolean Search Query / Keywords: Strong reach and limiting false positives.

Pros

Unlimited User Accounts, API Integrations, Excellent Customer Service

Cons

The deep learning curve for the user interface, queries must be carefully written to exclude non-essential and low-quality mentions. No mobile app.

Dave L.

Strongest Listening Tool on the Market

Reviewed on 2016/06/02

I've used BrandWatch on several national accounts. While the query structure can be tedious (although they've recently released a Query Wizard), the queries are powerful and accurate—if you do them right. I had some tough ones (Example, the US Navy was a client which meant I had to make queries that ignored the color Navy, the Old Navy retail brand, etc.)

Once it's running properly however, it does a spot-on job. I even used to track four individuals who were trying their hardest to damage a company's reputation.

Pros

Scary-accurate
Pulls in more conversations than most tools
Pro level analytics
Sentiment tool is a LOT better than others I've tried
Reports are attractive
Nice integration with Clarabridge for text mining

Cons

Fairly expensive
Sometimes tough to filter out spam
Not a good beginner tool

Hannah M.

Brandwatch is a bad deal

Reviewed on 2016/05/05

We've signed into a Brandwatch contract for two years now and I've seen a continual decline in customer service. We noticed the program wasn't picking up mentions that it should have been picking up and when reaching out to our rep she was unable to help us. Brandwatch is an expensive listening tool compared to someone like NUVI or Google Trends, it should be served with great customer service. At this point we are just riding out our contract until we can cancel.

Pros

In-depth analytics and word cloud features are neat.

Cons

Customer service is poor and that makes or breaks a company. The queries were not always easy to write and trouble shooting them wasn't easily done within the program.

Response from Brandwatch

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm really sorry to hear that you've not been satisfied with our customer service - this is really troubling to hear as we pride ourselves on our excellent service and want every customer to have a great experience. I've passed your comments on to our customer success team and someone will be in touch asap.

I'm also sorry to hear that you've found Queries tricky - our recently released Query Wizard is designed to make this process easier for users so hopefully that helps!

Again, I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with us and hope we can help - someone will be in touch shortly.

Jasmine, Brandwatch

Marissa P.

Awesome software very helpful

Reviewed on 2017/11/30

Pros

The new audience functionality is great and very helpful. The tool is very helpful to listen to your social audience and gain insight and see the impact of your work.

Cons

The customer service isn't always the best, it's improved this year. I also don't find the sentiment analysis always accurate.

Kate C.

Excellent analytics tool for social media

Reviewed on 2017/11/22

Pros

It's a great tool for keeping track of your brand's social media, blog and media mentions across the web. It's also really easy to use.

Cons

It does not pull LinkedIn data, but nor do other analytics tools as LinkedIn is closed to third parties.

Vishal B.

Good social media listening tool

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/02/13

Pros

1. The tool offers a user-friendly interface, which makes it easy for non-technical people to use the tool without much hassle
2. Flexibility to create multiple and customizable dashboards is really good.

Cons

1. In terms of cost, the tool is on the expensive side for small and medium-size companies. Though there are cheaper subscriptions available, but the number of mentions provided in those plans is very limited.

Mauricio B.

Powerful Listening Tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Pros

You can follow a brand in the web and get alerts when something important occurs. You will get all the relevant information for your business.

Cons

Some features are complicated to use and need some expert advice. Sometimes price could be very elevated.

Santosh S.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Great social listening tool

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

I think listening to your customer is key and Brandwatch affords you the opportunity to do so easily.The analytics are super easy to gather and tell the user vital information to customer trends.

Cons

While Vizia was extremely cool, sometimes it was difficult to manipulate. I found my teams struggled at times using it.

5.0/10
Clelia G.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2018/11/15
Brittney H.

Good For Basic Social Listening

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/02/10

I have only been using brandwatch for a short time but it gets the job done when it comes to simple brand monitoring and social listening. I wish the reports and data were a little more robust.

Pros

The setup for social listening was quick and easy.

Cons

I wish there was a way to add filters to the components and tables without having to adjust the overall query.

6.0/10