Bernhard H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

We use it to house all of the information for a product that I license. We share information across the user base, add articles and find relevant information about using the tools that we license.

Pros

Very clear navigation, you know where to find what you are looking for

Cons

Sometimes I have a hard time finding older articles and get mixed up with new and old material when I am looking for a specific piece of informaiton

Elise D.

Enables employees with a trove of knowledge

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

Pros

I love how Bloomfire empowers everyone in our company to contribute to our knowledge base and interact with each other's contributions. The community features - commenting, liking, thumbnails - are key to creating that community feel. And it makes such a difference day-to-day to have a single source of truth for our organization.

Also, you can't beat Bloomfire staff. Everyone I've interacted with from customer success to product to engineering has been top notch. They are responsive to immediate support needs and they evolve the product based on customer feedback.

Cons

Some employees find the navigation and search to be challenging. There are some things we need to change about our own implementation to address these issues, and we look forward to future product updates as well.

Michelle P.

Blomfire Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Very good for locating information quickly.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to bookmark important pages

Cons

Sorting feature is somewhat confusing if you do not have the search criteria entered exactly right.

Alyse E.

Great Platform, Increases Engagement and Excellent Support

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

We use Bloomfire as an integrated component of another system. We have seen a great level of engagement and use. Integration went smoothly, including single sign on. We're using a host of groups, some of them private and it's worked out really well. Bloomfire has even fast tracked some of our more important feature requests. There are still a few kinks to be worked out with the UX and users get confused in certain cases but overall it is simple to use and one of the best platforms we've seen when exploring the landscape of available products. Would recommend.

Pros

Very simple and easy to use, low learning curve. Support is great and very responsive. Platform integrates easily with other platforms for whitelabling purposes.

Cons

User interface can be improved in certain cases. Users are often confused as to what groups they are posting to.

Henry C.

Good Platform for mixed media content and for organizing data

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

We use Bloomfire as our team knowledge base and onboarding tool. We like how easy it is to organize different media (text, links to online articles, uploaded files, audio files, image files, video files, etc) into distinct groups for easy retrieval.

Very easy ramp-up with the team. The interface and tool set are very straightforward.

Would receive a 5-Star review if group editing functions were better structured.

Pros

Flexible support of various media
Quick onboard of tool with team

Cons

Clunky group editing of documents

Jessica M.

Frustratingly difficult

Reviewed on 2020/07/10

Frustrating

Pros

I like the idea of series, but the search is so terrible you can't find the series you need.

Cons

It's impossible to find the article you're looking for. Unless you know the exact full title, you'll never find what you're looking for with keywords.

Response from Bloomfire

Hi Jessica, we're sorry to hear about your experience. Our search algorithm factors in more than just the title, such as: search term frequency, contribution type, popularity, search term location, and much more. You can also boost content in your search results by using your category structure or by adding tags. We also provide the ability to highlight community content as "current", so you know if information is still relevant. We'd be happy to work with you to improve your experience with Bloomfire. You can also contact us at Bloomfire Support.

Danielle L.
  • Industry: Insurance

A great resource tool

Reviewed on 2017/01/18

I have had a good experience to date with the Bloomfire platform. Information is easy to create, store, and share. It is very user friendly, and Bloomfire provides good support tools.

Pros

Easy to create documents, and very intuitive.

Cons

When creating a post there are limitations for font and colour options. More formatting tools within a post would be beneficial.

Response from Bloomfire

Danielle, we take pride in working with great customers like yourself! Our roadmap this year includes upgrades to the contribution editor I am sure you will love!

Katie G.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

So easy to use!

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

I am not commenting on customer support or value for money specifically, because I do not directly handle either. But based on ease of use, functionality, and general interface, this is THE most intuitive, fluid office organization program I have ever used. We have used it to organize and make searchable everything from everyday tools used by all staff, to institutional knowledge, to easy-to-find links to our frequently used websites. This will make onboarding new employees at least 75% easier. Thank you!

Pros

Ease of use, especially the intuitive quick-search tool.

Cons

It is proving slightly less intuitive to a select few older members of our staff, who were not brought up on smart search.

Morgan H.

We love using Bloomfire for our internal Knowledge base.

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

We implemented Bloomfire around a year ago to have a central location for our team's knowledge. We are technical consultants and although we were used to sharing information, there was no historic log of issues or problems that we were solving that could be leveraged in the future. With bloomfire, all discussions and questions are available for future use which has greatly benefited our team. We also enjoy uploading crafted content that the team uses on a daily basis. We love bloomfire! The gamification has also improved the usage and adoption of the product.

Pros

Easy to use and implement.

Cons

Time consuming to add multiple files at one time to a post.

Sean R.

Excellent Tool for Knowledge Sharing

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

Our organization has used Bloomfire for a number of years. At first we used it as our internal company portal -- all things LIVESTRONG including HR docs, IT policies/procedures, etc. It has grown into quite the space where professional and personal recommendations and conversations can occur. And it's easy as pie. As the Director of Technology, I can honestly say that Bloomfire is one of the easiest web apps to get all of our staff up and running on.

We have now expanded our use and have created a separate community for some of our most ardent supporters, who are across the globe. They were using Facebook but transitioned to Bloomfire over a year ago -- and haven't looked back.

Pros

Ease of use. Multi-faceted use. Good customer support.

Mark K.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Bloomfire Rocks

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

We needed a solution for various teams within the company - sales, customer service, information, marketing - to act as a single repository of information. One location, one-stop shopping. A tool with a robust search feature and platform agnostic. We found that in Bloomfire. While it can be difficult to promote change in individuals we have had good participation with Bloomfire. Very positive feedback from the SalesForce in the field.

Ron K.

How Bloomfire is changing my business

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

We are currently migrating traditional static training curriculum to Bloomfire platform.

This has allowed us ( made us ) to "rethink" services being delivered.

Example: Ohio Police Officers Training Academy Diversity & Inclusion 24 hour class changes. Gamification, on line primary source resources use has "opened up" 6 hours of training. New feature / service 1) Emotional Intelligence training using Emotional Recognition software using VIDEO training . 2) Integrating strategic partners materials - Simon Wiesenthal Center Digital Hate.
Value proposition has not been proven - we have not "launched" this new service and are struggling with the pricing model. Second quarter 2017 is planned pilot with a suburban police department and urban police recruit training class - rollout third quarter in suburban police deparment

The Bloomfire platform's ease of use makes the transition from theory to reality. The learning curve of the features/technologies was/is challenging for our team, unfamiliarity with current technology is still a hurdle . After a couple months we feel that the surface was scratched and it is doing more than our imagination.

Many of clients still require paper ( Office suite format ) as a deliverable.

Robert B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Bloomfire best game in town

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

I do wish there were easier ways to organize the material and search, but it is getting better all the time.

Pros

Flexibility in posting

Cons

Looks chaotic when you start up

Response from Bloomfire

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and give us feedback Robert. We have some documentation in our customer community around curating your content to optimize search that you might find useful. We're constantly looking at ways to improve Bloomfire so your feedback is important.

Thomas B.

Bloomfire

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Good

Pros

Lots of info all in one place. I hate surveys that require a minimum number of characters

Cons

Search needs improvement. Same as above, forced answers are no answers

Josh D.

Doesn't get any better

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

I'm new to Bloomfire, but so far my experience with this knowledge content platform has been outstanding. As the primary stakeholder, I demoed several solutions and this was by far the most robust - but I've also found it easy-to-use. Getting our content into the system has been simple (email to post is awesome!) - and the organization structure couldn't be more intuitive or flexible. Also, the onboarding team was top notice. I've worked in the SaaS space for years - it's easy for me to spot a company that knows what it's doing. Needless to say - I'm already a huge Bloomfire fan.

Pros

Intuitive interface, flexible organization structure, easy posting, global search, automatic transcribing of imported videos (making the content searchable)

Mike B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Takes some getting used to!

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

Overall it serves my needs

Pros

Storage and search features are easy to use, but would like more filtering capability in search

Cons

Downloading and some other functionality is obscure to use.

Edward O.

Good "Intranet"

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

We've been using Bloomfire for about 3 years now as our company "Intranet". It's a great tool for us to store and retrieve pertinent information/forms/trainings for not only our new folks, but folks that have been with us for a while.

Response from Bloomfire

Edward, we appreciate the review and thanks for being a customer for 3 years!

Melissa N.

Improve User Experience

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

I've found that within internal and external users, the interface is not friendly. The first thing you see when logging is most recent or popular assets and it doesn't allow you to quickly to go what you're looking for unless you type in search the name of the asset.
There should be a better catalog, or category within the first page, allowing the users to easily look up and find what they're looking for, vs. spending time finding keywords.

Cons

Those mentioned in the previous comment.

Response from Bloomfire

Melissa, we sent you an email and would love to show you some changes we have to the category/cataloging of content that will be released over the next few weeks! We are sure it is going to really help out with layout and findability of content for your users. We hope to connect soon!

Rachael F.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Rachael's Review

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

I love Bloomfire. We use it for my company to post internal/external documents from our marketing, training, and legal department. It's user friendly and I love that people can ask questions that are posted to the public so everyone can see the response. I highly recommend Bloomfire.

Pros

I enjoy how user friendly it is. I love how it connects my company across multiple departments.

Cons

N/A

Alexis R.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Bloomfire is the answer!!!

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Bloomfire is so amazing because its such a great product to have! Its literally the main source of knowledge for just about any question you could come up with for my company!

Pros

Bloomfire is great for obtaining all the knowledge your company needs to know! It is such a huge help to keep everyone informed and up to date on all product information!!

Cons

I wish bloomfire had a better filtering process. Sometimes the way you ask it a question, hinders you from finding the answer.

Brian G.

Brian Gilbert Review

Reviewed on 2017/01/18

Just starting to learn. One way to improve for me is in the rooms. When I invite someone to a "Room" It sounds a little creepy. "Brian Gilbert has invited you to a room" Would be better if it said, Brian has invited you to a create space, collaborative space, brainstorming session, etc. Also, I'd like to be able to types notes directly into the room instead of creating a post, putting it into a group and then bringing it into the room. Still a great software solution for us

Pros

it captures info and its easily searchable

Cons

Already mentioned in previous section

Ashley H.

Miracle Foundation loves Bloomfire

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

Bloomfire connects our team across the world. Bloomfire's technology allows us to store our onboarding and training in the cloud, and connects our team members in the US and India.

Kelsey B.

Bloomfire Review

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

It can sometimes be hard to navigate and I'm not sure the search function is as useful as it could be. I often try searching for things and if I don't use exact wording I don't get what I'm looking for.

Response from Bloomfire

Hey Kelsey, Thank you for your feedback! In regards to search-ability you can always use a Boolean search addition to help with search results, also you can use the search and the filters in conjunction to increase your search-ability. Contact us at [email protected] and we can guide you through best practices in organizing information inside your community. Again, thank you for your feedback!

Mandy Q.

Great Collaborative Knowledgebase

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

Bloomfire is easy to use and relatively inexpensive. We use it in our call center to keep our agents up-to-date on all of our policy changes. The ability for users to ask questions and flag posts is very helpful. The only downside is text formatting. Even if you to the HTML markup, the formatting doesn't always show correctly.

Response from Bloomfire

Hey Mandy, Thank you for taking the time to leave review about your experience with Bloomfire. We are glad that you enjoy your overall experience. In regards to the formatting of posts, we recently released a beta of our new post editor that should help. Thanks again!

Kristin F.

Bloomfire Feedback

Reviewed on 2017/01/18

I have enjoyed working with Bloomfire and appreciate the ease of the software and product. The ability for me to connect with my external users has been seamless with the use of this application.

Pros

The ease and accessibility.

Cons

Cost