Showing 66 reviews of 54

SocialEngine

Create your own social network

Showing 66 reviews of 54
Juan a. H.

Social Engine + SocialEngineSolutions = Excellency, The best Platform and the Best Plugins!

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

I have my Own social media site that I can manage at my will.

Pros

I purchase SE License on 2011 Because they really have the best social media Platform on the market, it is very competitive and very easy to customize using the different 3 party developers, I have tried a variety of diferente developers over the years, But since I found out of SocialEngineSolutions and I started working with them, (on my site for the last 3 years) I has made my job so much easier and made my site look so much better using their different plugins, they have very unique and modern way to their different plugins event tough there are already some of the same plugins develop already by different company's I believe they have the best looking and functional plugins, Plus their support team is the best, they always reply super fast and help to solve all of my problems.
I highly recommend them for any job.

Cons

No cons so far, why do I need to have any cons... I don't know what to write here I'm just filling up space so that I can post my positive review ;)

Adan M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

The best by far

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

It has been a great experience working with Socialengine software. It is very easy to edit and manage and best of all is the third party developers such as socialnetworking.solutions which offer great plugins and their support is always a text away

Pros

Easy to manage and customise and they are always on top with updates

Cons

No cons for me,it has been nothing but great from day one

Ferry V.
  • Industry: Investment Management

Outstanding Plugins and Support

Reviewed on 2018/08/05

The Social Engine Add-ons team is a pleasure to work with. We've purchased and use almost every plugin they've developed and it's really improved our site and added a lot of functionality. Their support is friendly and always helpful, and they've always helped us resolve any issues very quickly. Would definitely recommend them.

Pros

All the plugins I have downloaded from SocialEngineAddOns are brilliant, the plugins are very customizable and I really recommend that to all my friends.

Cons

Some prices are high if you compare it with other company's

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy creation of the self-branded social network with this tool

Reviewed on 2018/06/17

Establishment of self-branded social network

Pros

SocialEngine provides features to establish own branded social network that we can customize in every way. There are a number of plugins by using them we can build a stylish network and share it.
Easy installation and integration with the server as it doesn't need extra items.

Cons

Sometimes the compatibility of plugins is an issue as these are developed by third-party software companies.

Daler I.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Daler's review: Best company

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

The best company I have been working with. You have great experience in making social communities.

Pros

Service and plugins, timely support.

Cons

nothing. Everything is perfect!

Mahmud J.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

your community is always with you

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Pros

good web solution for closed communities similar to our everyday networks.

Cons

some kind of slow, but anyway it is great

Niklas N.

Great platform to start a social network with

Reviewed on 2016/02/25

We're using SocialEngine to create a social network where we need to quickly evaluate different aspects, functions and business models. For this purpose, we find that SE fits the bill really well when compared to alternatives such as BuddyPress, PHPFox and other similar solutions.
Pros: Relatively cheap, we own the customizations, mature and lively 3rd party suppliers with modules and themes.
Cons: Developer documentation poor considering this is a development platform as well as a solution.

Fred C.

SE Team Very Responsive

Reviewed on 2016/05/12

Our team is glad that we selected SE as a platform for our site.

Working with Shivani (SE Product Manager) and associates have been great. They exhibit high level of professionalism and active listening - positively responsive in addressing our needs.

Though my team still have a lot to learn; we are confident that the SE folks will always be there to assist us.

We look forward to a long-term Win-Win business engagement.

Fred C.
Principal

Abdulrahman A.

wonderful solution for communities

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

Pros

it has a great value as a standalone platform regardless what other social networks have.

Cons

it has too many features, which it makes it very wide and open platform.

Marco S.

Good!

Reviewed on 2015/11/25

Pros: Customer service
Cons. A greater diversity of languages is needed

Hisham B.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 2017/01/13

Greg F.

Great CMS and Plugins make it even better

Reviewed on 2016/06/24

SE deserves 5-stars for everything, but it's the 3rd-Party Plugins that give it the 5-star for Features & Functionality. I spent over a year searching, researching, demoing, etc. many many CMS / Community Mgmt/Engagement apps. Although there were a few that were basically tied (for various reasons), it is the wealth of 3rd-Party Plugins that makes SE stand above the rest.

Almost anything you can imagine can be done through existing Plugins (and if not, modifications can easily be made by some excellent devs). There were many Plugins that I have found useful by devs such as SocialEngineExperts, SocialEngineSolutions, Radcodes, Webhive, Hire-Experts, what really sold me on providing the bulk of the functionality I required was SocialEngineAddons.

SocialEngineAddons offers many many Plugins that make SE actually useful for anything other than a very small community. Don't get me wrong, SE does a find job with what it offers, but SEAO is actually the primary reason I went with SE.

Support has been excellent by SE, all of the devs I've worked with, as well as especially SEAO. They always go the extra mile, and start working on tickets immediately. And, like any software, there are times when things are a little more difficult to resolve than other times - and that's where they really shine. They are there and keep working on things until you are satisfied.

So, if you're looking for a good CMS, SE will serve you well. If you're looking for a great CMS, SE is a great engine/back-end that other excellent devs build upon to make it more than you could ever hope for.

Pros

Sheesh - where do I start. I guess I'll just keep it simple - SE is a great CMS to start with, and if/when you need to build something there's a wealth of features/functionality in the Plugins that are offered by 3rd-Party devs.

Cons

That it's not yet compatible with PHP7, but they are working on it.

David B.

Excellent Service From Social Engine

Reviewed on 2016/02/11

I was looking for a 'social network' package to set up my website; after a quick search of the internet I found 'Social Engine'. I took out their 30 day free trial and was so impressed that I purchased the licence at the end of the trial period. I have little to no software programming experience but I found the 'Social Engine' user interface simple to use and well documented. When I have had issues their customer support service always helped to resolve the problems quickly and efficiently. Customer support is free for the first 30 days and then a nominal fee (currently $50) for addition 30 days cover, paid as and when needed. There are free packages out there but if you want to start up a 'serious' website, you need good support and not be fumbling around on forums to find out answers to problems and this is where 'Social Engine' is second to none.

Pingy A.

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 2015/09/22

Thanks for the support from Social Engine to help build EyeDoors dot com. Couldn't have done it without SE. The reply is usually quick and valuable. Wish SE a successful startup and help more people to build their own website. :)

Marcos B.

Very happy

Reviewed on 2016/01/22

Hardworking, solve any problem, very happy, keep them in future!
My network was great!And I want to sell!
[email protected] interested in Spanish or English

Red is www.tumedi.com

Jeremy R.

Great support

Reviewed on 2016/05/05

I've bought Social Engine, there are some issues and details which could be better. But the support is very helpful and my websites are working good now.

Texter V.
  • Industry: Hospitality

SocialEngine+SocialEngineAddons - A Terrific Harmony of great plugins with a great platform

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Could build a robust complex Social networking platform within a decent time frame.

Pros

Social Engine is a very stable platform with a gamut of features to create your own eco system of social users. SocialEngineAddons are the icing and embellishments on the cake. They make a great team and are suite of products that gel perfectly.

Cons

Could use more robust features for business and enterprise companies. A few features like refunds etc in billing could be made in real time and more thoroughly integrated with many more payment gateways.

Ivory P.

Experience with SocialEngine

Reviewed on 2015/02/27

I have been working with SocialEngines with my project for about seven months now and I have watch my simple idea transform into a possible profitable business. I would like to thank the team for all of the hard work and effect, which was put towards my project. The staff not only assisted with the development of my website but they also provided my company with applications for both android and iOS devices. I would highly recommend this organization with anyone in that is looking for an image change or updating, outdated software at a reasonable prices, expedient timing, and quality customer service. I rate this company a 5 of 5 overall experience.

Response from Webligo

Ivory, awesome to hear your building your business with SocialEngine and thanks for the positive review.

Lawrence S.

Fantastic stable platform; very easy to use; brilliant support.

Reviewed on 2015/05/23

Pros- As a complete beginner, the biggest pro for me is how easy the admin side is; this really is social networking for dummies. The control panel is very well laid out and incredibly easy to follow. I can't emphasise enough how brilliant the support from Socialengine is. They answer tickets very quickly and will do everything in their power to resolve any issues in super quick time.( They even helped me resolve some issues I had with a third party plugin provider)If anyone out there wants to create an online community but is concerned about their lack of tech. knowledge; don't be; this is the platform for you.
Cons- NONE

Response from Webligo

Thanks for the great review. We're happy we were able to respond quickly and create a positive interaction.

Maurits V.

Socialengine PHP 4 and SocialEngineAddons

Reviewed on 2015/08/21

I went through a few social networking scripts and installed SE PHP. It works brilliant, no faults! The default is excellent, does what it says and is very user friendly. I have a few 3rd party plugins installed from SocialEnginAddons. I have been testing the software for 3 months now, no faults! The site is now live, we are getting the first few customers in.
This is when you find some "faults" if you can call it that, which are slight adjustments within the software we want. Explained to the their helpdesk.
Their team has a real fast response and the right solution there and then.

Overall: I am very happy with the software, helpdesk and their services. 10 out of 10 for that!

Guys...Keep up to good work !!

Daniel G.

SocialEngine support hosts make it easy for "newbies" like me!

Reviewed on 2015/11/03

I had initially gone with another company, but after 1 week I demanded a refund because of poor customer service and tech support. Then I found SocialEngine and I have never had any delays in response, and always the most thorough, and easy to understand explanations and instructions. Anshu and Shivani are the two main support hosts I have been working with, and they have been very patient with me and my millions of "newbie" questions. smile emoticon I would highly recommend SocialEngine, and in fact I have just purchased another month of tech support to assist me in getting this site launched by Christmas. Thank you guys for all your help. Keep up the good work!

Larry J.

Avoid this company at all costs

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

I would avoid this company and app at all costs. I can tell you they will not deliver at all. This company based in India provides many bugs and doesn't deliver. They have no support at all. This app is buggy and will not work as described. You will find many emails go unanswered, and you will not get a working model. If you choose this app or company, you have been warned as they are terrible and will take your money and not deliver. Look how few downloads they have; that should say it all.

Pros

Easy to install and purchase from them at first

Cons

terrible support
buggy