SpiraPlan Reviews

SpiraPlan

Agile Project Management

3.8/5 (11 reviews)

Great product for managing your software development projects at a reasonable price

Reviewed on 7/27/2017

A full ALM for our company to support a major multi year ERP implementation. Minimal setup and training was required and the tool has proved reliable for us.

Pros

When evaluating solutions for an Application Lifecycle Management tool it became clear to me that the choice would be SpiraTeam (including SpiraPlan). For the price to feature ratio, it could do everything and more than we would need. With the ability to just add additionally licenses as our team grew it provided the flexibility we needed.
The support team at Inflectra is also top notch. Any time I had a question/issue, they were there to help in a quick and friendly manner.

Cons

Some areas of the application UI can be a little clunky and unintuitive at times. Inflectra does take user feedback seriously though and I have been able to work with them to resolve most issues we faced.

The tech support was very responsive to help me to set the environment. So impressed.

Effective work process

Pros

It is a worry free software for software development projects for me.

Packed features allow the team to grow.

Cons

Better integrated source code management features for code review.

Online development environment could be great as well to further simplify the development operations

Very satisfied with SpiraTeam's requirements management features and functions.

Reviewed on 8/4/2017

I can easily manage software requirements for any size software development project.

Pros

The value for the money. I primarily use SpiraTeam for requirements management. From that perspective alone, SpiraTeam's functionality is as good or better than IBM/Rational, HP, or ReqTool. To have all the other functionality (test management, task management, Kanban, reporting, etc.) include in the package is a true value-add.

Cons

It's a minor inconvenience: response time when first logging-in to the system is somewhat slow. But once the system responds to my login attempt, response time is acceptable - at least as good as other cloud-based systems I use.

We've used SpiraTeam in my company for over 5 years and it is great tool for Test Management.

Reviewed on 8/1/2017

Pros

I'd like to have versioning for requirements and others, Faster UI and Navigation. Dashboards with all the needed reports and graphs

Cons

When lots of test cases are created the app gets sloppy and confused
Missing dashboards and better reports

Quick review of Spira-Test

Reviewed on 10/20/2011

Well let's face it. You don't charge a lot of money.
However, for an extra grand + change I can get MS Test Manager.
Both yours and that product are under evaluation.
I think you have the start of a good program.
I'll keep evaluating and if the check comes in the mail: you win.

Pros

I like the ability to connect the requirements to bugs to tests.
It's reasonably priced.
Your support team is very responsive
The logo if pretty good too

Cons

We won't use the bug tracker. Not feature rich enough.
The description field is just too small to be useful.
See Bugzilla which is free. That is what we are going to continue using.

For Requirements, we won't use that either except maybe at a very high level. My Product manager is looking for a better description page. We use MS Word and that allows up to view the requirement in full. Our requirements are multiple pages. What you offer is too limiting.

Good ALM for startups

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 7/31/2017

It was a great option at a time the company hadn't selected a requirements management agile tool. Ever since we moved to JIRA, it was best to move to the much simpler, speedier, easy to integrate, TestRail tool.

Pros

A much improved interface UI for testing and positively best option for requirements management in a testing tool

Cons

very slow access on shared hosting - windows server only - very difficult to integrate with 3rd party APIs

5.0/10

Great product - especially good for remote project management

Reviewed on 3/10/2014

I have used SpiraPlan for several years to help manage projects. It is a very stable and reliable piece of software. I find it great for managing tasks for staff working remote from the office. It took a bit of getting used to at first as there are several ways of setting up projects. However once you get the hang of it and find the way it works for you it is great. I really like the import / export functions to Microsoft Excel and MS Project - very useful. Also the ability to set up you own custom fields gives it a lot of flexibility. I have used several other software products over the years so have used both good and not so good ones, and I would thoroughly recommend SpiraPlan.

Overviee

Pros

Dashboard is so simple and complex. Reports export is usefull and usable. We are happy to use this sw.

Cons

Individual setup seems to me as complicated. Many features is not used due hide somewhere. Need to be more user friendly and intuative.

Response from Inflectra

Thanks for the feedback, we are working to simplify the user experience for new users and hide certain advanced features until users are ready for them.

6.0/10

Great overall.

Reviewed on 7/28/2017

One stop experience for the entire ALM.

Pros

Like the one stop at a software for entire application lifecycle. The licensing fee model was also good.

Cons

User interface could be improved similar to Version in agile user stories or even Trello.

New Tool - central repository

Reviewed on 9/26/2011

Good and Useful

Pros

New tool , 1 tool for multi functions

Cons

I am new to thistool so need to learn alot

Excellent customer support

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 7/27/2017

Pros

Full featured

Cons

A little complex