LeanKit

Enterprise Kanban | Visual Project Management

• Used Daily for Free Trial

LeanKit makes my first intro to kanban

Reviewed on 2017/12/01

Pros

• InCREDible depth of learning content available.
• Standard subscription is comprehensive and well-priced.
• Easy-to-use RSS/calendar feeds make it easy to integrate with my calendaring.
• Wide variety of templates help a newb like me get started quickly.
• Responsive design well implemented across desktop and iOS app.

Cons

• The UI is absolutely functional and straightforward, but a little spartan. Apps you're going to live in all day need to inspire feelibngs of love and warmth (see Slack)
• As someone completely new to lean and kanban, AND with my tendency to just in without reading any documentation, I'd love to see a search field in the in-app help rather than links to tutorials and knowledge base. I want to be able to click open the help window, type "how do I X the Y?" and have the results page pop open.
• Inexplicably, clicking the (?) icon in the tool bar pops open the Privacy policy.

Landon O.
  • Industry: Publishing

Great Kanban with flexibility and simplicity

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

LeanKit has been a great tool for our development teams to setup and track their workflow. It's simplified how we worked and improved our processes by getting us away from a waterfall system with complicated dependencies and unreadable gantt charts.

Pros

The customization is great. Boards can be setup exactly as needed. Overall it's a simple system for users to learn, while still providing plenty of flexibility.

Cons

Some of the options that seems like they should basic aren't available unless at the highest paid tier. The pricing jump seems disproportionate for the benefits at those higher tiers.

Would like to see some changes in the way cards are setup and laid out. Also easier integration with external apps to provide more functionality.

Paul H.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Embedded in our business processes

Reviewed on 2016/01/06

We have been using LeanKit for more than three years at LateRooms. What started as a tool that was used by our product teams to track development work and releases has also been adopted by other teams within the business, for example I use the software to track procurement projects and the HR team use it to track the recruitment process.

Pros

Integration with 3rd party apps (ZenDesk, Atlassian)

David P.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Very good enterprise-grade portfolio tracking tool

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Pros

A lot of good features such as clear relations for tasks, funnels, many ticket types.
Very collaborative.
Easy to learn.

Cons

Should have a native integration for Power BI.
Notification is not quite perfect.

Cristy L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

LeanKit

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Overall I am impressed and love the clean look to this software. It is simple and user friendly.

Pros

I love the Kanban board functions and visibility to folders. We move our projects to completed once all meetings have been had with the business and it allows our team to be more organized. The Kanban board is an easy and organized board that helps our business stay communicated. I also love the personalization of profiles with pictures.

Cons

We have been using this board/software for about three months and so far I haven't found anything I do not like.

David A.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

An intuitive approach to managing a project Kanban is very useful

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

The Kanban set up used in this Project Management Software is excellent.

Pros

This project management software is very easy to use and easy to understand what is happening. I really like the Templates that are available especially the Dve Opps Template. I also really like the mobile app that is available.

Cons

The software does not have a specific area for managing risks. However, there are different ways to overcome this and also add issue tracking.

• Industry: Furniture
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great introduction into Kanban and Lean project management

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Pros

Clean and easy to use interface, along with the ability to configure boards with the lanes and sub lanes that you require. Boards easily link to each other so you can as the project manager can have a view on the progress on sub boards.
Being able to choose colours and card types to easily indicate a cards current intention within the current lane has made visibility of projects so much easier.

Cons

I do think their costing model is a little high based on some other options out their. I would love to see a small team version but with the needed options.

Nathan W.
  • Industry: Accounting

Overall very intuitive.

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Pros

I like the Kanban style of listing the tasks on my plate. It helps me plan ahead and keeps me from wasting time wondering what I need to do next.

Cons

While it is great for big overall projects, I wish there was an easier way of creating cards for small projects. I get them sometimes and unless I tacle them quickly I often forget. Is there a way for you to create a shortcut to quick create a card?

Alexandra C.

Easy to use and navigate software for project management

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Pros

Most actions can be done with a click of a mouse or even drag and drop, customizable colors for different types of tickets.

Cons

Sometimes when you drag a ticket and move it to another lane, it doesn't save there and you have to try to move it again and again, until it finally drops into designated lane.

Solid tool for kanban squad management.

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

If you need a board for managing a Kanban squad, this is a decent tool. I recommend.

Pros

- You can fully customize your board for the needs of your squad.
- A lot of functionality when it comes to editing cards, breaking down tasks, etc.

Cons

- UI is a little dull unless you have a colour system in-place to differentiate different types of tasks.
- System overall feels a little robust with how you edit cards.

Seangly Y.
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Kathy Z.
  • Industry: Machinery

Easy to manage and track business task progress

Reviewed on 2017/09/21

It is an additional tool for our staff to use while tracking action items.

Pros

Lean kit is user friendly and easy to follow. The "card" format is visually pleasing and functional.

Cons

I would like to see more detail, possibly behind the cards and possibly varied formats for those that prefer a more list like structure

David B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Flexible lean project management tool

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

It was fast, flexible and offered team independence. While the company ultimately moved to a more feature rich tool that better served our needs, I would say that leankit is a great solution and should certainly be in your short list.

Pros

This is a nice relatively lightweight application that is easily configurable. Teams can quickly setup their own boards as they want and share them with other teams to view. The interface is simple and intuitive with a good level of configuration. Leankit delivers on the simplicity and ease of use.

Cons

At the time of using it, it was not easy to share work across multiple boards. The option at the time was to create a master board and create dependencies from there. That only worked if you planned for that at the beginning. However, if you were to decide later that you wanted to do this, it was much more difficult to retrospectively build that hierarchy. It also stripped new lines from descriptions, while there are workarounds with tags, it was frustrating that have wrapping automatically.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Good All-Around Project Board

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

We use it to project and plan several projects and tasks. It's connected to Okta and Okta groups. Everyone here uses it, so that's nice to have one tool across the organization.

Pros

LeanKit is a simple, intuitive way to create and track tasks for KANBAN. I've used others and I'm fairly happy with LeanKit. Integrates with SSO (Okta) and is very nice.
Very easy to use. Link to other systems (ticketing systems, etc). Very good visual representation and good for collaboration.

Cons

None that I can think of. Other than difficulty deleting cards that you fat-finger, you need an admin to remove them. Just use it and get used to not having to delete cards for correction.

Emma R.
  • Industry: Publishing

Leankit: CSR made easy

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Pros

I think this program is great at clearing showing where you team is at with a project. There are so many ways to communicate different things. You can leave comments, move it to a physical lane, mark it with tags. Shows a good birds-eye view of where you team it. Parent cards and child cards help track projects across different boards. Very helpful and easy to use.

Cons

It's limitations with lanes and lack of sleek design can make it hard to look at and can be over whelming if there are many cards in a lane

Kelly hair

Awesome for multifaceted swimlanes

Reviewed on 2014/03/28

I can't say enough good things about Leankit. Only issue was that it took me an hour to grasp the UI with splitting horizontal & vertical swimlanes. However, once I had that down, I saw the power of being able to visually represent what I wanted to with the tool. Granted, I'm not using it for kanban per say, I'm using it for customer/prospect management primarily.

In a single pane of glass, I was able to represented 30 different customers/prospects, where these customers stood relative to our core values & categories for developing the market. I know this is not software development... pivoting a bit here...

Big proponent of this tool. Glad my company forced it upon me because it's a huge improvement over the rather simple, but go to tool, Trello. Trello still has its place but it seems arcane all of a sudden.

Pros

+ Intuitive interface once you get used to it.
+ Very flexible
+ Flood your favorite problem children with email tasks until they scream (or create a spam filter)
+ Multiple swimlanes & sublanes are mind blowing. Seriously.... Experiment!

Cons

- Learning curve (but this is not that big of a deal.. trust me..)
- tags are not selectable

Josh W.

The best Kanban

Reviewed on 2016/12/05

There's a lot of different attempts at Kanban online, and this is the one I had been looking for. The problem with Kanban can be that you get too much information in one area at a time real fast, and it stops being useful. Leankit manages to allow you to capture as much info as you want, while still remaining, well, lean. It really is a great experience from top to bottom.

Pros

Easy to set up. Good value. Lots of templates to get started with. Easy to use.

Cons

Maybe the color palette is not the greatest?

Racey C.

Why this costs money I'm not sure

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Pros

Leankit is a decent collaboration suite helpful for tracking details around things like project management. At least that's what we use it for. It's ok software, don't get me wrong, but when there are alternatives like Trello out there that are free or mostly so I'm not sure why this is worth the money.

Cons

First off, the Trello interface is cleaner and more intuitive. Second, the basic version of Trello, which will suffice for 90% of users, is free.

Rodolphe G.

Reviewed on 2016/02/21

Derek S.

Leankit Rocks!

Reviewed on 2016/10/04

Leankit provides Kanban visual work management that scales for the enterprise. Trello was only usable for a team of 10 - with Leankit we scaled to a team of 100

Graypz

chaos to simplicity

Reviewed on 2014/01/07

This application allows you to move from a chaotic approach to customer service to an organised one. Links to JIRA as well so it actually compliments rather than replaces it.

Robust Tool

Reviewed on 2017/10/27

Pros

It allows you to create a completely custom board and stays true to its KanBan nature. It easily allows you to see who's working on what and when a task has been sent off to you.

Cons

It sends you a ridiculous number of emails. Every little change made to a task or board is emailed to you - even if you did it. I understand some notification via email is possibly necessary, however, you should have the capability to subscribe to only certain types of email notifications.

LeanKit for large teams

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Pros

Easy to use and setup boards. If you use kanban for your development seems to be a good tool

Cons

No tools to manage backlog for large product over several version. Planning capability for SAFe is poor.

Abe Y.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

LeanKit as a business management tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

LeanKit is a good product. It really does help us to keep our work organized and ensures that we address the right priorities.

Pros

LeanKit helps is to keep all of our teams projects and collaborative efforts organized. It gives us a fairly good visualization of work progress.

Cons

My department’s work is fairly repetitive, so it can sometimes feel cumbersome to Kanban all of our work.

Manny A.

BUYER BEWARE: No Refunds if you Prepay!

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

BUYER BEWARE: Do not pay for the full year as you do not get your money back if you are unhappy with the product or support. We tested the product a few months and then elected to use the basic product as it appeared to meet our needs. We paid for the full year but after a few months on the basic platform we decided to move to a different solution with more features at a lower cost. I asked for a refund of the unused months and I was told no.

Pros

Followed Kaban Lean Method

Cons

Basic Level is too limited compared to other solution providers