Mint

Your financial life, all in one place

Deborah H.

Mint your money!

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

Super happy! It’s free which I love. It helps me track everything in total of all my expenses and investments. I can even put in my home address and they update my house value Baer in today’s market. Super easy to use. Great for anyone who wants to grow financially. You can be an absolute beginner as Mint does all the work for you once you set up your accounts and custom reports. Makes getting info to use when doing my taxes a piece of cake.

Pros

Super easy to add all a points from checking to credit and loans. Mint gives me an Instant and full picture of all my expenses and investments. It’s updated in real time so it is my right now numbers. I love to track my progress. No effort at all in my part. Just login and refresh. All my accounts magically appear. I can customize reports to clearly see where my money goes.

Cons

At times I’ve had difficulty adding accounts and seeing all of the accounts within that one bank for example. I have been able to fix it by adding the account again. So maybe those were user errors made by me.

• Industry: Hospitality

Budgeting Done Right

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

Overall Mint is my go-to source for making sure there are no irregularities in my budget and that I am spending wisely. Due to my large amount of money accounts, I couldn't trust any other company to continually track my money.

Pros

For those who have many credit & checking accounts across a wide variety of banks, Mint is one of the best solutions out there to easily track your spending. It lets you link an unlimited number of accounts, so if you are like me and have many credit and checking accounts you can make sure you will be able to easily stay up to date on all your transactions. It also sorts all purchases by store so that you can easily search for them later.

Cons

I do not like that Mint doesn't let you delete transactions as this can cause miscalculations within your budget, especially if you are using a credit card and checking account it will show the money was taken out two times because it includes the charge and the payment. This can cause the numbers to not properly be balanced.

Christina M.

Double Mint

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

Mint has allowed me to keep up to date with payments, it breaks down all the places I tend to spend money and allows me to better allocate for future months so I can see my purchase trends and address them.

Pros

The ability to budget monthly and monitor my credit score as well as account balances is top tier. The interface is also incredibly intuitive and user-friendly.

Cons

No cons thus far to report. There isn't an overabundance of advertisements or things pay-walled that would cause issues for most users.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Great for budgeting and tracking spending

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

Mint is excellent for our financial planning and tracking money flow on a monthly basis. The dashboard breaks down spending in a pie chart and has been very easy to see areas of over spending and generally how our money is being spent.

Cons

You need to link accounts with Mint in order to get financial info into the app. Personally I have had a hard time with linking accounts from some vendors link my mobile company. Other than that you might need to train mint to correctly allocate money into different "buckets" For instance you might buy food at a gas station and the money is automatically listed as spent on Vehicle

Marsi F.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

My favorite App, easy to use , and gives you an idea of where your money went . It sends...

Reviewed on 2017/08/28

Pros

Easy to use and gives you an idea of where your money went . It sends notification for the due date ,list of due bills, love it.

Cons

Too easy , need to add more figures and reports and has issues with the connectivity some times . It has to have to option to connect with a tax program.

Great app

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

Easily shows you all your accounts. Reminds and notifies you of due dates. Shows your budget in it's entirety

Cons

Most transactions are preset so it's a pain to change which transaction into a different category. Alsoc better real time account updates

Kalyn H.

Perfect for a first time budgeter

Reviewed on 2016/11/28

My husband got me hooked on mint! The idea of budgeting was intimidating before, but with mint's ease and organization, I'm addicted! I love the program. I love that I can create new budgets, split purchases between budgets, and create budgets that roll over between months.

Pros

Splitting purchases between budgets is a huge advantage! SO easy to set up and to get all your transactions in one place.

Cons

I wish the budgets I wasn't using (for example "restaurants" instead we have a "eating-out/fun" budget) didn't have to show up all the time if I wasn't using them. I also wish you could have multiple logins for one mint account.

Nick F.

Work most of the time

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

Helpful in knowing my financial health so there is no surprises

Pros

It organizes all of your finances into one place. So you know exactly how much money you have and what you don’t

Cons

Certain financial institutions do not work on the platform. They are adding them all the time but I am still missing some

Ryan O.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

See expenses clearly

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

Lots of ways to setup goals and budgeting. You can also get a look at how things get categorized for monthly spending.

Cons

There isn't a lot of drawback from using mint. I suppose the most annoying part is the ad offers if you feel like you have things under control.

Ryan P.

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

Mint tracks it all in one place

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Pros

I like how easy it is to have an organized display of all of your finances in one place. Additionally, the ability to set goals and track budgets is a very convenient feature.

Cons

I wish that it wouldn't suggest as many credit cards and other services to me. That would be my only complaint.

It's good to control your finances

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Pros

Mint is a great tool to control your finances, have reports and get notifications on where did all the money go.

Cons

It's great when you are trying to discipline and organize yourself. And this tool will help you to stay informed of your financial situation.

Katherine B.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Mark S.

Reviewed on 2018/01/30

• Used Other for 1-5 months

Budgeting tool getting old

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

I didn't use Mint for long because I couldn't get used to the user interface . It gave me a good expanse overview quickly though.

Pros

This software is really easy to connect to your accounts and extract data quickly. You can get a real overview of your expenses.

Cons

The user interface is getting old and is becoming hard to navigate into. Also, it is not clear how our data can be used afterward.

Megan J.

Personal Finance Made Easy!

Reviewed on 2021/04/05

I started using Mint a few years ago after deciding I wanted to keep track of my personal finances. I initially started out writing out all my expenses on the iPhone notes app. When I downloaded Mint I couldn't believe how easy it was! I didn't have to manually write out my expenses anymore. Mint does everything for you and categorizes all the purchases you've made via your linked cards. I always recommend it to all my friends and family!

Pros

There are so many things I love about this app! For one, the interface is very user-friendly. You just connect your debit and credit cards and then Mint categorizes and keeps track of your bills and expenses. I love that you don't have to do anything. Mint does it all for you so it's perfect for anyone new to personal finance. I like how Mint shows you your daily, weekly, and monthly spending in a graph and list form. It makes it really easy to visually see your spending habits. I also like how Mint suggests different credit cards for you and shows you how much you can save and perks for each card. Whenever I'm shopping for a new credit card it's really easy to just scroll through the credit card list on Mint and quickly scan for the one that offers the best sign up bonus and perks.

Cons

Mint automatically categorizes your purchases so you can see how much you're spending in each category. For example, some of my main categories are clothing, shopping, gas & fuel, groceries, etc. Mint is pretty good at categorizing your purchases correctly but a few times a month Mint will wrongly categorize my purchases. Just last week a purchase that should have been "groceries" was actually categorized as "clothing". It's not a huge issue but it does make it necessary to manually scan through everything to make sure I'm getting accurate information on my spending habits.

• Industry: Insurance

Makes Managing Finances Easy

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

Easily track day-day-day credits and debits of all accounts.

Pros

Mint is a phenomenal program to help me keep track of every penny (pretty much) that is going in and out of my various accounts daily. Additionally, I can track bills and get suggestions. I'm an avid user and for good reason.

Cons

It sometimes cannot connect to certain accounts and as a read-only platform, it's not intended for robust transacting.

• Industry: Banking

Aggregates all your banking information

Reviewed on 2018/01/20

Pros

Mint took over another app I was using to track bills. Now that Bills and accounts are located within the same app it is easier than ever. While Mint is free you will get ads directed towards you, however once in a while they are actually relevant to what I need. Easily navigated passed. Integrates with most accounts.

Cons

Mint sometimes will struggle connecting to an account based on security questions. I have about 25 accounts hooked up and it fails on 2-3 on a monthly basis. Typically you click it and reconnect and are fine, but frustrating when it doesn't update the correct budget information.

Lamar Y.

Minty Fresh App

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

As a business guy I knew where my money was coming from and where it was going as it relates to my business. However, in my personal finances I did not have a clue about either of these. I did not know how much I was making (I had a general idea) nor did I know how much I was spending on what. Finding out about and using Mint changed all of that.

Pros

Easy to use, works on my smart phone, keeps track of all my personal finances, emails me with alerts and updates, makes suggestions as to how to improve my saving and spending and keeps an eye on my credit card.

Cons

It's free so I have to deal with ads. It sometimes kicks me out of my online banking and finance sites due to too many log in attempts.

Jeremy H.
  • Industry: Accounting

Made Budgeting Easier

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

For a young millenial like me, this is an AMAZING product. I love the fact that I have total control over all my finances and can view it all from one place. There are great graphics and charts to let you know how you are doing with your budget and alerts when you spend more than your allotted amount. It even has great advice on how to live with greater financial peace and special offers that will help you maximize benefits out there. I love this product!

Cons

No cons. I can only speak well of Mint and will continue to use it in the long term. I hope to access more of the features that it offers.

Rostane G.
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

I can finally get serious about my finances !

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Pros

Mint did help me a LOT to manage my budget as it's directly connected to my bank accounts and this changes everything !
Great job, guys !

Cons

Why not adding some new format to visualise the transactions, a couple of new features also and more languages, would be great.

Sam G.

Solid budget app

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Pros

Mint is a great app if you would like to link your bank account to a budget app. It is able to pull over all recent transactions and if purchased previously it will automatically place that purchase in the same budget category.

Cons

If you do not update the app almost everyday you can get behind in purchases may not be categorized correctly requiring some time to move items around.

Giorgi R.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 2018/02/10

Harmony B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Mint review

Reviewed on 2021/02/06

I solve the bookkeeping problem with the Mint program.

Pros

I liked the fact that it helps you keep track of your spending. It is a good practice to keep things orderly and professional financially.

Cons

It is actually pretty self explanatory. I really do not like having to link it to my accounts though. It’s a small risk but still a risk.

• Industry: Wholesale
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Mint

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

Pros

It's a great budgeting and costing app. It lets you see where all your expenditures and savings are and how well you are doing to meet your financial goals.

Cons

You're trusting a third party app with very sensitive financial information. I would like there to be a way where rather than the app drawing the information from financial institutions, I could enter in the information myself to generate the same results.