BigContacts

4,3
David K.

So far the better CRM

Reviewed on 2010/01/27

easier than other CRM Ive used, the pricing is reasonable, but some things still needs alot of improvement, man I cant believe no one out their has something simple to use and actually works!!! and does not cost an arm and a leg....

Pros

for the past four years we have used Zoho,Oprius,Bartchbook. Bigcontacts seems to be the easier one to pull reports, the contacts info has all the email,tasks,notes right in one place making it easy for everyone to review what is going on with each customer.
The non tech people that use it are not having a difficult time, that is one of the major reasons we switched.

Cons

We have a retail business, the marketing portion of bigcontacts lacks I was under that impression when I sing up I can send out thank you cards, and email follow ups but I had to sign up for vertical response so I have to double enter contact info to do all that.....pretty lame, Ive ask tech support about the integration but after after several emails Ive never got a straight response only that they are working with a vendor.
I also wanted to up load a couple of list and some contacts maybe deputes, bigcontacts does not combine dupes...you have to fix everything on one list then up load it...if you have a new list it will over write the existing one....what????

Response from BigContacts

David,

Thank you for the feedback. We have some great news for you as there appears to be some confusion regarding the marketing module.

You mentioned:
-------------------------------------------------------------
"the marketing portion of Bigcontacts lacks I was under that impression when I sing up I can send out thank you cards, and email follow ups but I had to sign up for vertical response so I have to double enter contact info to do all that"
------------------------------------------------------------
We give you the ability to easily filter any group of contacts within BigContacts and have the list instantly populate for you in VerticalResponse so that you can schedule your email or postcard campaign. NO double entry of contact information needed at all. We would be happy to show you how this works in greater detail and encourage you to take advantage of our FREE best practice webinars to learn more. http://www.bigcontacts.com/best-practices-webinars-for-web-based-crm/

Derek l T.
Industry: Medical Devices
Company size: Self Employed

Ex-Salesforce.com user appreciates value of BigContacts

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

I would definitely recommend BigContacts for ease of use, price, features, and value.

Pros

The BigContacts CRM System is pretty straightforward in terms of setup and implementation. Once you learn the basic rules in terms of setting up fields, etc. you can begin using the software with confidence. The videos are extremely helpful also. The price is one-third to one-fourth the cost of Salesforce.com.

Cons

There are a few features that are a little less intuitive and may require some help from support. If you can't find the right answer in the support materials or the videos they will get on the phone after you have placed a support request. This may take some time if it is off hours, but the response is always within a 24 hour window at the longest.

Chris I.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Does the Job /Good value.

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Great company, great service

Pros

Good value for cost per user. Like the web-based format and the customization options.

Cons

Reports could be better + mobile app would be nice.

Craig P.
Industry: Real Estate

Love 3.0 - Smooth and Clean - Intuitive

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

I have been using Big C for several years now. I have gone through various iterations on the way to it becoming better.

I'm impressed that the company has grown into a great organization. Great product and very responsive.

I love to be able to give feedback easily while an issue is at hand. I don't mind waiting for a response because I can keep working.

3.0 has a great feel and is very intuitive. I love that some of my suggestions have been incorporated in this new release. I'm sure others suggested some of the same things but it is great to see Big C being responsive to the feedback.

I would highly recommend this to others, and in fact have done so.

Keep up the good work and thanks.

...Craig Pattberg

Pros

Ease of use, clean

Cons

Reports

Deb P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Big Contacts is a great CRM for small business

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

We went with Big Contacts after Cisco bought WebEx and then disbanded the product. While at the time BC didn't meet all our needs it was the best fit at an affordable price. Since then many functions have been improved and added.

We need BC for our contact database. It is extremely easy to segment our database by customized tags. We use it every day to manage our marketing campaigns, sales process, and generally manage our business.

Pros

We have been Big Contact subscribers for over six year. Here's why we like it:
1. easy to use
2. works well for a team of people working together
3. the task reminders are a great function
4. the reporting function is fairly easy to use

Cons

The things we'd wish were added or improved are:
1. better connection of email to outlook

Szmoyne A.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Great CRM system!

Reviewed on 2016/10/01

This system is amazing! I only wish that you didn't have to upgrade for something as simple as a new user. I also have to say that every time I had a problem I got a quick response in the chat. In addition, with the new system they are getting ready to launch they asked for our feedback, I sent it, and all the updates or changes I requested they made and immediately! This only says one t hing about them....THEY GENUINELY CARE ABOUT YOU!!!!!

Pros

Being able to utilize one software for all my needs; email, billing, tasks, clients. Everything!

Cons

Not being able to add as many users needed; for us 3 in the BIG package.

Chuck G.
Industry: Chemicals

Best thing we ever did

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

Big Contacts has helped gather our customer information in a way we were not doing in the past. It has made territory realignments much simpler and easier for the new rep. I highly recommend BC, as we have been a customer for over six years. Customer service is excellent and easy to work with.

Pros

Cons

Reports could have more detailed information

Peter S.
Industry: Management Consulting
Company size: Self Employed

Very strong CRM for a fair price

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

This is the second time that I am using Big Contacts and the experience remains very positive. The support I have received has been very good. The process to get started is also very easy.

Pros

Web-based and flexible

Cons

I wish the functionality was just a slight bit more customizable.

Kimberly H.
Industry: Computer Software

A lot of bang for your buck

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

I've been using this software for several years. It has a few areas that could be tweaked a bit, but for the price , this product gives a lot for money.

Pros

Ease of use/accessibility.

Cons

The cut and paste feature in the notes.

Joy C.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Extremely user-friendly CRM!

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

I just loved being able to keep "on task" with customers. it's so difficult to remember all the details & Big Contacts helps you keep you organized and able to follow up.

Pros

It was so easy to use - intuitive functionality.

Cons

No email tracking. Often emailing thru the system would go to receiver's junk (i think). My main suggestion would be to offer email tracking to be able to see if receiver has opened message. Minor complaint would be sometimes (not every time - maybe user error?) the Company Name would not appear in contact search.

Lynn R.
Industry: Sports

I love Big Contacts!

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

Big Contacts has made my life easier. I've used it over the years for my business. It allows me to keep everything organized, contacts are easy to find and I don't waste valuable time searching for information like I used to before. Everything is simple and laid out well. I highly recommend this program if you are in business for yourself and need a place to store client or prospect information.

Pros

Easy to use, convenient, well laid out.

Cons

Nothing?

Megan L.
Industry: Retail
Company size: Self Employed

Works for what I need it to do!

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

I use this program to send emails to my new team members. It is very functional and does the job that I need it to do. The emails are easy to edit and create. Overall, I'm happy with the results I have using this program.

Pros

Cons

Having trouble figuring out how to embed videos into emails.

Julie P.

Great Web-based Program

Reviewed on 2010/01/22

I don't know if the number of people using the system has increased considerably in a short period of time, but maybe another server would help the issue with the program locking up.

Pros

It keeps everything very organized for us. There are multiple employees contacting the same people, and we can easily record everything we do.
It is also great that we can access the program from anywhere - it increases the convenience of the system since we aren't tied down to one computer.
The customer service BigContacsts provides is amazing! It has been great how helpful the staff has been with my questions as I've learned to use the program.

Cons

The system sometimes freezes, since it is web-based. Sometimes it doesn't register that it has sent an email, so we are unable to know if it has sent or not. It doesn't reflect well on our company.

Marcelyn H.
Industry: Higher Education

My Overview

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

Makes my job easier when have to do reports

Pros

Time is used wisely and information kept securely

Cons

I can't think of anything that I liked least about this software

Mary H.
Industry: Construction

Great Software, Great Price, Great Support

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

Never have any issue with it and is very helpful. support is great. keeps track of every detail I need and the reminders are great!

Olivia R.

Big Contacts Review

Reviewed on 2010/01/28

Overall, I recommend that someone interested in Big Contacts request a trial period to test the program before buying. I am overall, relatively satisfied with the program, and would recommend that any small business give it a try.

Pros

Big Contacts provides a comprehensive contact management database with a variety of sales and marketing management tools. Regularly, they release updates and enhancements to their user interface that make the program more user friendly and logical.

Cons

Big Contacts is web based, and therefore, there are times when unreliable internet connectivity or browser issues can cause the program to be unreliable. I have found that each time a new release or enhancement is implemented, there are small glitches and bugs that can impair the usability of the program. In addition, since the program is web based, it requires internet connectivity that is not always available when traveling. Big Contacts has advertised that they will soon release an Outlook Synchronization tool, but there is no projected release date on this. In addition, there is no dedicated customer service telephone line to call for technical assistance. In my opinion, their level of customer service is unsatisfactory.

Brittany B.

Changed my business!!

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

I have been with my director sales company for over 6 years, and a leader for 5 of those. While I LOVE creating systems, and using them, paper just wasn't working for me, and I was inconsistent, and drowning, trying to keep up with my customers, hostesses, and my team. In February, I decided to "try" big contacts for 3 months, with the agreement of my husband that if we didn't see significant improvement, I would stop using it. Just TWO months in, and I earned my highest commission check ever! I have systems for everything now, and nothing gets lost because I didn't open my planner! I am in front of my computer daily, so all it takes is logging in, and working down my task list. I have referred many people to BigContacts, and they all thank me profusely after using it!

Chris Y.
Industry: Construction

Simple program and great customer support

Reviewed on 2015/08/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The customer support is very willing to help and is fairly quick to respond. The program is easy to learn and simple for basic things.

Cons

Could use more features and better reporting. Also, better layout for new features.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Rimi A.

Straightforward but effective contact tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Excellent set of tools to keep contact lists and client connections updated, and also email shout outs and marketing help make for a much more centralized client relationship building tool.

Cons

So far none, trialing the software with our somewhat smaller customer base. Customer support also very helpful in initial setting up of our software.

Diana E.
Industry: Building Materials

A small business tool

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

Because we are small now, it does all we need and the price is right - very user friendly. There are lot's of features that we can start taking advantage of as the team grows.

Pros

see other comments

Cons

nothing!

Jim B.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Big Contacts review

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

We are still in the roll out phase, the uptake so far has been positive.
The sales guys are adjusting to the online inputting of data. The sales team are starting to let the flow of data drive tasks.

Pros

Lightweight, off system package

Cons

Some of the screens are not too intuitive.

Andrea H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Excellent Resource

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2016/09/28

7 years ago, I was looking for a way to effectively manage my contacts & keep track of notes & frequency of contact. Big Contacts has surpassed my expectations & I have recommended it to countless colleagues.

Pros

The options for tracking personal details, notes & event details

Cons

I wish they had an app

Jeffrey B.

Big Contacts

Reviewed on 2010/01/22

A reliable tool that is easy to use.

Pros

Clean, easy to use Web Based Contact Management CRM solution. Great support. Affordable.

Cons

Email section has a basic editor. Not as elegant as one might like.

Response from BigContacts

Jeff,

Thank your for taking the time to review BigContacts.

As you likely already know by now, we rolled out one of the latest and most capable email text editors on the market, allowing you all the functionality that you might need when creating emails for your clients and prospects.

We hope you like the new email text editor.

Omar L.

Big Contacts Is Good Value

good value

Pros

good features
pretty easy to use
good pricing

Cons

links to outlook should be imporved

Response from BigContacts

Omar,

Thank you for your recent review of BigContacts.

We wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know that we have an Outlook Synchronization module that is coming out soon. We think that you will really like this new functionality.

We announce all new product developments through our product news blog at http://www.bigcontacts.com/news/. You can subscribe to be instantly notified as we release new features.

Jim H.

Great Overall Functionality

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

Been using Bigcontacts for five years. I use it mainly because it is reasonably priced and gives a good value. We have integrated it with our online store registration system for tracking new registered users.

Pros

Easy to use and set up.

Cons

Lacks some integrations of the more expensive products like Google Adwords and chat widget on the web site.