BigContacts Reviews

4.3/5 (189 reviews)
Karen W.

HUGE RELIEF

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

One of our sales team discovered BigContacts in Fall 2007 and recommended we try it. At the time we'd tried two other web-based CRM systems with frustrating results. As soon as I saw the clean, easy-to-understand layout of BigContacts, I was sold. We switched over immediately and the entire sales team (and me) felt a HUGE RELIEF. Since 2007, Big Contacts has gone through several major upgrades. I get frustrated at first with each major upgrade because it changes my routine, but I am confident I'll get it figured out quickly with customer service help. I contact customer service and I talk with someone IN THE U.S.A., who speaks perfect English, who is competent, and who is patient and solves my problem. That's it. Done. Again, huge relief. I like BigContacts so much that I've referred clients and friends to use it. All sold. All happy. So... that's my story. I do not exaggerate. Thank you!! -Karen

Pros

1. clean, simple, intuitive, easy to use
2. customer service is prompt, competent, speaks perfect English, is based in the United States

Cons

upgrades are a challenge, but they get solved thanks to the PROS listed above.

Rick S.

I've tried them all....

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

I am reinstalling my contacts to get back up to running with BC, so ask me in a few months. I don't foree any issues.

Pros

I've been using Big Contacts for over 10 years. Last fall I was thinking I was going a different direction and I was thinking Big Contacts didn't offer what I wanted, so I spent over 2 months trying EVERTYHING out there and I disliked trying to re-learn the OTHER ways programs sorted their contacts. I finally found a replacement for Big Contacts and went with it, and now after 5 months using the other program, I am coming back to Big Contacts. With the new options they have developed, their very competitive pricing and their great customer service, they really CANNOT BE BEAT.

Cons

Nothing so far, contact me in a few months

Kristan H.

Perfect for what we need!

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

My company has been using Big Contacts for a little over a year now. Since they released the new updated version for beta testing, I have shared it with my coworkers and they are all excited to use the new version. We are able to keep track of customer calls, notes and important information. It is a user friendly interface and is very useful when communicating with my coworkers about clients. We are glad to use Big Contacts and will continue to use it! I will also use it when I open my own business very soon. Thank you!

Pros

I love the user friendly interface and the ease of use. It allows me to see any updates regarding clients and allow my coworkers to stay up to date on tasks and important information.

Cons

I wish there was a tagging feature to alert people of updated information (notes, activity), instead of them having to "follow" the certain contact.

Dave M.

outstanding value

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

I have found that using the program designed allows me to enter information once and forget about it. It has helped in moving my business to a truly paperless environment. When I am not in the office I can access the mobile app prior to a call to refresh my memory and review the history before a call with a client.

Anytime I have had a question or an issue the support team has gotten back to me quickly and has done what they promised.

Pros

The program is easy to navigate and intuitive. I especially like the ability to customize fields to my specific needs.

Cons

Once in a while the program will freeze and the input isn't saved. I'm more aware to clear my browser (Chrome) to maximize efficiency of the program.

Linda S.

Big Contacts Keeps Us Connected

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

We have found Big Contacts to be a great solution to keeping our staff connected and in control of our CRM. We use calendar functions, schedule meetings, track sales, schedule contact follow ups, add history on all calls and track progress on sales goals and pipeline from mobile and desktop. The product meets our needs at fraction of the price of other products. Big Contacts is very user friendly compared with my experience with Salesforce! We appreciate the value, reliability and the flexible fields that customize the program to meet our needs.

Pros

Flexible fields to customize our use. Multiple users with individual setting controls in admin. Mobile Application.

Cons

Sometimes search does not find what I am looking for

Melissa G.

Great Tool, great price

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

I've yet to find ONE tool that does everything I need. I've given up trying. Big Contact does a better job at handling most of my data. I still rely heavily on a variety of spreadsheets, but this is a great component of a larger system.

I've found their customer service to be far superior to any other team. Easy to reach, knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

I like that I can customize it -'tab order', check boxes, the report writer

Cons

A silly gripe...but I need to be able to copy & paste the client data into another software application. As it stands now I get the google maps logo in my cut & paste & it really screws up the fomatting, etc in the other applications!!1

I LOVE the google map feature....I just wish it were located somewhere else!

Anne S.

Big Contacts: underrated, affordable little powerhouse

Reviewed on 2014/08/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's web-deliverable, so you can access BigContacts from any internet connection anywhere. It has a plug-n-play learning curve, and the top-shelf features at a bargain price.

I compared it to Salesforce.com and other similar websites, but dollar for dollar, not only was BigContacts the best value, it did the job. We update client profiles after every contact, and we send emails and mass mail all with BigContacts from any internet connection.

I can attach files, photos of clients, or important documents taken with an iPhone when out of the office, and it allows you to track and keep notes about discussions, meetings, documents sent and received. Anything pertaining to the client is there at the click of a mouse.

I've use BigContacts for eight years (since 2006). I converted from a PC-based ACT! system that I had customized extensively. The web-based CRM was ahead of its time back then and has kept pace with competitors since.

BigContacts had all the features of a more expensive site like Saleforce.com without the huge cost. Add to that, it's easy to train new employees on BigContacts, which allows them to efficiently support you and the clients sooner. BigContacts.com has been a great complement to keeping my business organized, tracked, and streamlined.

Cons

I would like an iPhone app that complements the web-deliverable software.

Craig P.

Love 3.0 - Smooth and Clean - Intuitive

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

I have been using Big C for several years now. I have gone through various iterations on the way to it becoming better.

I'm impressed that the company has grown into a great organization. Great product and very responsive.

I love to be able to give feedback easily while an issue is at hand. I don't mind waiting for a response because I can keep working.

3.0 has a great feel and is very intuitive. I love that some of my suggestions have been incorporated in this new release. I'm sure others suggested some of the same things but it is great to see Big C being responsive to the feedback.

I would highly recommend this to others, and in fact have done so.

Keep up the good work and thanks.

...Craig Pattberg

Pros

Ease of use, clean

Cons

Reports

Daniel M.

Big Contacts has made us better... D. Mauer

Reviewed on 2010/01/21

Big Contacts has help us get more done in an already busy work week. And if you spend ANY amount of time out of the office, you'll be glad to bring all of your contacts with you... Thanks to Big Contacts.

Price was also a big factor for us when considering online CMR's. The amount we pay for our multiple users makes Big Contacts almost FREE when compared to the savings created by increased productivity and connectivity. Plus our clients appreciate the detailed tracking of correspondence and sales all made avaliable at the touch of a button by Big Contacts. D. Mauer

Pros

I have been a user of Big Contacts coming up on two years (July 2008). And though it took real effort for me to break-away from a stand alone version of ACT, I'm glad I've made the move to a web-based CRM. I looked extensively at SalesForce.com and other similar websites, but dollar for dollar not only was Big Contacts the best value, but it had what I needed to keep track of my clients. The ability to travel up to 18-weeks a year and have all my contacts on the web has made us a more efficient company. We update client profiles after every contact, send emails and mass mail all with Big Contacts from any internet connection globally. I like that... D. Mauer

Cons

I would like it to be easier to look up a client by any of their contact information. It takes too much time to find someone by their phone number or email if you don't know the exact "field" you entered that info into.

Also, creating labels to do a mailer could be easier...

I also look forward to a "google app" I can download onto my HTC Hero so I can better navigate Big Contacts on the go. D. Mauer

Thomas G.

Great value - easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

We have been with BigContacts for 2+ years and our employees actively use it daily with few complaints.

Pros

The Contact view is very intuitive and easy to follow with everything you would want to see about the contact on a single screen. I also like being able to see the Contact’s LinkedIn profile & photo. Adding notes and updating tasks are also very easy to do.

Cons

The sales opportunity tracking & reports could use an upgrade but I understand that developers are working on these features, so when done BigContacts will be an excellent alternative to Salesforce, Zoho, etc.

Matt T.

An easy-to-use and full featured CRM for non-tech people

Reviewed on 2016/10/22

Big Contacts allows me to keep tabs on all aspects of my client relationships and does so in an easy-to-learn manner. That allowed me to convince my colleagues to embrace using it throughout our team and the learning process was painless.
I particularly enjoy the level of customization available and use this to create reports that are very useful to me. The summary page in contact view of a business is comprehensive and very helpful to have open when meeting or talking with a client.
The Big Contacts Support Team has always been very prompt and thorough whenever I have had a question. I enthusiastically endorse this product and company!

Pros

Ease of use, level of customization available

Cons

accessing it via my I Phone

Paula M.

Love Big Contacts!

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

I tried a few other CRM products before Big Contacts and they just did not have the flow I needed for my team. My favorite features are the Task List that I can assign to other people in our team and how easy it is to send letters and other documentation. Big Contacts makes sure I don't forget tasks and it is easy and fast to update important records.

I rely on Big Contacts every day for my business.

I know there is an upgrade coming soon and I can't wait!

Pros

Cloud based and I can access it on my phone. It helps me stay organized and assign tasks to other team members.

Reed B.

Like It But Having Troubles

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

As the administrator of this software for our Kubota dealership I'm having mixed reviews from our sales guys. Some guys are just nailing it in the head while others are having what I think is browser issues. I've seen the problems first hand and they can't add contacts. We've kept it simply with only three required fields yet still issues. Were working on it. Other than that, I see what this product can do for us in the future. It's an investment and like investment it takes a little time to see a return. It's only been a couple of weeks now and once we get everyone on the same page I'm sure it will take off. Main thing is, Big Contacts will be a safety net for things falling through the cracks and should lead to more sales. Time will tell if this will hold true.

Pros

It's easy for me to use, and it is acts as a manager, safe guard, reminding system, calendar, data base, the list goes on. It steam lines how are sales process should be and it makes everyone a little more accountable.

Cons

Having some issues with some of our users. Don't know if its the browser or what but its basic stuff that isn't working properly.

Vivienne W.

I have used BigContacts for over 6 years!

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

I started with their first version. I contacted Customer Support a number of times in first month and always received immediate response. Customer Support is based in USA. They continually upgrade their user friendly Software. Price reasonable you can pay monthly or can get a discount if paid annually. BigContact is great for multiple users to see client file and update in real time.

Pros

Use of use can add additional seats immediately at low cost

Cons

Slight learning curve, just like any new software

Amanda R.

Great for Organization

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

The interface took a little while to get used to, but I really enjoy the improvements. The 3.0 has a much better format for adding new clients, which also includes more information fields. The entire system seems to be running quicker as well, which I thoroughly appreciate. I did notice that on the 2.0 version there was an option to remove individual task items from an overall task list, which seems to have disappeared on the 3.0 upgrade. Overall I think 3.0 is the way to go!

Pros

Task lists, easy to input client information, daily reminders of outstanding tasks, able to assign tasks to others

Cons

Between the 2.0 and 3.0 upgrade the option to remove individual task items on the task list page seems to have disappeared.

Kalei B.

Well worth it!!

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

We have been using Big Contacts for a few years now. It has been such an easy program to use and has helped us keep all leads organized. Any questions or problems I have ever had with Big Contacts have been resolved very quickly, they truly go above and beyond with their customer support. We have also used other programs that work side by side with Big Contacts and have never had any problems with them talking to each other. We would highly recommend Big Contacts to anybody!

Pros

Its very easy to use and organize things how you want them to be

Cons

I wish there was more detailed options to search for people (phone number, email). I find the reports don't always bring up all the correct people.

Deb P.

Big Contacts is a great CRM for small business

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

We went with Big Contacts after Cisco bought WebEx and then disbanded the product. While at the time BC didn't meet all our needs it was the best fit at an affordable price. Since then many functions have been improved and added.

We need BC for our contact database. It is extremely easy to segment our database by customized tags. We use it every day to manage our marketing campaigns, sales process, and generally manage our business.

Pros

We have been Big Contact subscribers for over six year. Here's why we like it:
1. easy to use
2. works well for a team of people working together
3. the task reminders are a great function
4. the reporting function is fairly easy to use

Cons

The things we'd wish were added or improved are:
1. better connection of email to outlook

Szmoyne A.

Great CRM system!

Reviewed on 2016/10/01

This system is amazing! I only wish that you didn't have to upgrade for something as simple as a new user. I also have to say that every time I had a problem I got a quick response in the chat. In addition, with the new system they are getting ready to launch they asked for our feedback, I sent it, and all the updates or changes I requested they made and immediately! This only says one t hing about them....THEY GENUINELY CARE ABOUT YOU!!!!!

Pros

Being able to utilize one software for all my needs; email, billing, tasks, clients. Everything!

Cons

Not being able to add as many users needed; for us 3 in the BIG package.

Brian M.

Great customizable CRM

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

I love BigContacts! I work for a local franchise of an International Real Estate Brokerage, and I use the system as a hybrid CRM/ATS. It's great because there is currently nothing on the market that is designed specifically for what I use, and BigContacts lets me completely customize the system to meet my needs. They recently updated a lot of the functionality, and it runs a lot smoother and looks much cleaner.

Pros

BigContacts is completely customizable.

Cons

Sometimes it can run a little slow, and freeze up.

7.0/10
Ken P.

Great CRM for any business large or small.

Reviewed on 2016/09/29

I have been using Big Contacts since December 2010. The user interface is simple. I am not fully utilizing all it's features but what I do use works very well. The customer service have been spot on. I would recommend to anyone.

Pros

ease of use. simple design. like how templates can be made for emails.

Cons

current mobile version is lacking with user interface (not fitting on my iPhone 6plus).

Chuck G.

Best thing we ever did

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

Big Contacts has helped gather our customer information in a way we were not doing in the past. It has made territory realignments much simpler and easier for the new rep. I highly recommend BC, as we have been a customer for over six years. Customer service is excellent and easy to work with.

Pros

Cons

Reports could have more detailed information

David K.

So far the better CRM

Reviewed on 2010/01/27

easier than other CRM Ive used, the pricing is reasonable, but some things still needs alot of improvement, man I cant believe no one out their has something simple to use and actually works!!! and does not cost an arm and a leg....

Pros

for the past four years we have used Zoho,Oprius,Bartchbook. Bigcontacts seems to be the easier one to pull reports, the contacts info has all the email,tasks,notes right in one place making it easy for everyone to review what is going on with each customer.
The non tech people that use it are not having a difficult time, that is one of the major reasons we switched.

Cons

We have a retail business, the marketing portion of bigcontacts lacks I was under that impression when I sing up I can send out thank you cards, and email follow ups but I had to sign up for vertical response so I have to double enter contact info to do all that.....pretty lame, Ive ask tech support about the integration but after after several emails Ive never got a straight response only that they are working with a vendor.
I also wanted to up load a couple of list and some contacts maybe deputes, bigcontacts does not combine dupes...you have to fix everything on one list then up load it...if you have a new list it will over write the existing one....what????

Response from BigContacts

David,

Thank you for the feedback. We have some great news for you as there appears to be some confusion regarding the marketing module.

You mentioned:
-------------------------------------------------------------
"the marketing portion of Bigcontacts lacks I was under that impression when I sing up I can send out thank you cards, and email follow ups but I had to sign up for vertical response so I have to double enter contact info to do all that"
------------------------------------------------------------
We give you the ability to easily filter any group of contacts within BigContacts and have the list instantly populate for you in VerticalResponse so that you can schedule your email or postcard campaign. NO double entry of contact information needed at all. We would be happy to show you how this works in greater detail and encourage you to take advantage of our FREE best practice webinars to learn more. http://www.bigcontacts.com/best-practices-webinars-for-web-based-crm/

Matthew G.

This is the best cloud contact management software I have found to date.

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Retention of business along with new business.

Pros

I really like the integrated email marketing campaigns. Very helpful in securing new business and staying in touch with clients

Cons

The mobile end of things could be improved. I'm on the go a lot and this function is important when out of the office.

Peter S.

Very strong CRM for a fair price

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

This is the second time that I am using Big Contacts and the experience remains very positive. The support I have received has been very good. The process to get started is also very easy.

Pros

Web-based and flexible

Cons

I wish the functionality was just a slight bit more customizable.

Trilby C.

Depends on What You Are Using It For

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

I used BigContacts in conjunction with a program designed for Thirty-One Gifts consultants. I was not familiar with BigContacts before this introduction. I think the program is well designed, very well thought out and complex. For me however, it was a bit overwhelming and difficult to learn in the time I had available to invest in it. That made me very sad because I know that had it been a little easier to learn (and part of that may have been the additional program I was learning designed for consultants, not just the BigContacts portion), it would have been amazing and made a difference long term in my organization and communication with my team. In the future, I may give it another try.

Pros

Very Complex
Lots of options to use and covers many areas of organization
Very well thought out

Cons

I needed to invest much more time than I had available to learn how to use it therefore I would say it isn't user friendly "out of the box". Not that it can't be learned and worth the investment if you have the time. I just didn't have the time when I was enrolled in it. I expected it to be easier to use.