Caspio

Build online database applications without coding.

Elizabeth K
Elizabeth K
  • Industry: Consumer Services

No Coding but Can do so much more

Reviewed on 2022/08/23

9.5 out of 10. Customer service and IT are the best and if you don't know they will show you.

Pros

Do not need to know code to customize solutions
Can use HTML and JaveScript to build your own if you want
Can automate emails, text, and other flows

Cons

Need a commission tracking system and lead rotation system.

Response from Caspio

Hi Elizabeth! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us.

Gene

Very Positive Experience

Reviewed on 2020/10/05

Very good value and professional team. Would highly recommend.

Very good value and professional team. Would highly recommend.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are awesome!

The biggest issue when working with developers is their being able to understand your vision. I was pleasantly surprised that they translated my descriptions of what I needed/wanted into a organized vision then a working system. They have patience and what would have taken months with other organizations took weeks.

Cons

I loved the product so sales was a bit too much (we can only give you this deal today) They already had me based on their team and product. Don't like pressure tactics... its the only negative experience I would say I had. That sales technique makes me feel like they think I'm stupid... Like a car lot

Maybe need more layout or color options

Christine
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Caspio not living up to their agreement

Reviewed on 2022/05/26

Pros

They have unlimited users
HIPAA compliant

Cons

We got a contract with Caspio to move our auditing program to their program. We gave them the current system we use and all the bells and whistles we currently have they said they can do it and that it should be completed within a couple months. The program is not complete yet. They are claiming we changed what we wanted when we did not and they currently have the google sheet which has all the coding we want except for the auto emails and texts to personnel. They are trying to charge us more now to do what they already agreed to do and they will not return our money. Do not use them at all please!!!

Quickbase

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

User-friendly but does not allow for unlimited users.

Response from Caspio

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Christine. I'm sorry that we didn't meet your standards, but the signed agreement clearly states that the estimate provided is "subject to change for a variety of reasons including changes to the scope, and as details are discovered during the process."

Since signing up with us last Feb, we've held weekly meetings with your company to review the scope and requirements of your project. Your project scope has changed on 3 occasions and this has led to an increase in the number of development hours required. We have emails, call recordings, and signed proposals, including from the CEO of your company, agreeing to the proposal and the scope included.

Finally, in response to your comment: "User-friendly but does not allow for unlimited users".

Caspio is proud to be the only no-code/low-code company that offers unlimited app users for its customers.

Nevertheless, we'll consider this as feedback as we continuously improve our onboarding experience.

Broc
  • Industry: Printing

Learning curve, but a great and powerful software.

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Caspio is an ongoing experience for my team so far. We have been happy with the massive potential that it can bring to our business as we strive to automate our processes and convert our operations to a mostly digital model.

Pros

Caspio is like a decked out tool-belt. A huge pro is the variety of features and abilities that the software gives the developer. Similarly, the customer support and library of helpful resources is not lacking whatsoever.

Cons

I was under the impression that Caspio is a "no-code" software solution, however I must have misunderstood because I have learned that it is most likely a "low-code" solution for a vast majority of use cases. Basic functions are certainly no-code, but most companies are not using Caspio for the basic functions, I imagine. Because of this, there has been a semi-steep learning curve for me personally. I would consider myself technologically adept, but I do not have even a ground level knowledge base of Java script or html language.

kintone

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

Caspio seemed to allow a level of personalization/flexibility that we were not sure Kintone would allow. With this comes more of a learning curve as the "guard-rails" are further apart so-to-speak.
William
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

caspio has an excellent Support Team

Reviewed on 2020/05/11

Pros

I cannot say more about the caspio team that provides online help 24/7. They are very professional, competent, and are not afraid to engage in resolving the problem at hand.

The overall Support structure is also excellent in that the transition from online help to opening a job ticket, and then on to an individual caspio expert is seamless and easy to use.

Cons

This is not a "con" per se. The caspio software has a lot of functionality. As expected, it takes a little time to understand how the platform functions. The Support staff makes the learning process very easy.

Pusit
Pusit

Excellent features, Superb support

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

For more than three years with Caspio we don't have a major complaint in any area.
I would give...

I would give six stars for the support. Often we need urgent support while we are working from different time zones, there is always someone (real human not a bot) standby to answer our urgent questions.
Regarding features, Caspio always keeps us exciting with their regular updates and new out-of-the-box features.

Pros

Features: Caspio has almost everything we require to complete business solution applications.

Pricing Model: Clear and competitive pricing model. There are even more plans released lately.

Support: Superb! Always someone's there, in the online support section. All tickets are handled in a short time. Respect user privacy, asking for permission before the support gets in the sensitive area with the "User Login Support".

Cons

Options for style and GUI. They are too plain (even they look professional) and simple, not bad but not so fancy. This is the comment from users. However, it's customizable but required extra work.

Rapid Development

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Pros

Caspio is easy to learn and changes mangement is pretty easy with caspio version history.

Cons

form design: CSS needs improvements , asyncroonous form submission and file upload, etc.

Airtable
Siddharth
Siddharth

Excellent for every business

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

Pros

It offers everything that business need to manage users and it's very cost efficient.
It indeed help us a lot to manage the users which would take a lot of time previously for coding and all but now its all Caspio.
there are lot of tutorials available with lot of troubleshooting page and customer care is the best part over here they are very friendly and responsive.

Cons

Its best as it is i would recommend it to everyone

Pamela
Pamela

Caspio levels the playing field for all and opens opportunities!

Reviewed on 2017/01/13

I am not a programmer but am constantly coming up with business-solution ideas that require programming. Before discovering Caspio, I had to consider investing tens-of-thousands of dollars in programmers, only to end up with a compromised product that I could not make a small adjustment to without going through the programmers again. Additionally, I was under the contracted programmer's long timelines, and a compromised vision. As an entrepreneur, you want to control the speed at which your product is developed.

With my basic understanding of relational databases, I was able to easily navigate through Capsio and to develop a robust functioning app. When you add to that Capsio's stellar customer support and development help, my app was better than I envisioned.

Capsio has opened opportunities for new business ideas for someone like me who never imagined they would be building apps!

Great Time Saver

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

Pros

Caspio allows us easily and quickly push updates to our in-house systems. We have employees using these systems both in an office on a desktop computer and out in the field on iPads, and the ability to quickly push new content ensures that our employees are always prepared to complete their work.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve with Caspio, but it's worth getting through. Once you know the way that everything works, it's easy to get started on more complex applications.

Antonio

Testing Caspio on a client project

Reviewed on 2020/12/15

Unfortunately we are tied up in the app we created, but we are looking for moving away asap.

Pros

We started using Caspio a bit in hurry, developing a solution for a client over an already established budget. What we really do not like about Caspio is the lack of documentation that made our developer spending hours to understand its logic. On top of that several bugs that they didn't recognise took us in waste lot of time.

Cons

But ok, bugs is for everyone, what really is unacceptable is the total lack of support and collaboration. Not only they ask 250$ per hour to give you support, but every small thing that goes out of the plan they charge you inevitably. if you ask for some small difference they ask you to subscribe the next plan at 3 times the price. Then if you ask to negotiate they are not available. Once you are tied up with them they not only deliver less value, but they are rigid and unavailable to collaborate.

Knack

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

Ninox couldn't support the amount of data and traffic required for this project

Ninox

Probably wrong, decision?
Joseph
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

A Canadian pleasure to receive Caspio's help, service, security & support

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

My overall experience with Caspio has been absolutely wonderful and extremely favourable, and I would never consider leaving Caspio except that if the cost of maintaining my table was too costly for me.

I am very, very proud of how Caspio has been able to tailor my table needs to the precise and exact style of what I want, and what I want my clients to learn from exploring the table. My table is modern, accurate, colourful, precise and as I have said I am very proud of it.

I am also very conformable about the high level of security which Caspio Bridge provides for my table. Security of my table is very important to me. Thank you.

Pros

First, I am extremely pleased with the affordable cost of Caspio Bridge provided to me by Caspio which allows me to continue my historical research and record my work on a table which is open to all of Canada as well as the whole world. I am a senior citizen with a limited income so the cost is very important to me. Secondly, I sincerely appreciate the dependability of Caspio Bridge because my table has never failed my thousands of clients. Since I first started with Caspio many years ago, my table has never failed. Thirdly, I value the dependability of Caspio Bridge support including the expertise of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who have the ability, knowledge and skills to improve the performance of my table. I am amazed how technicians including [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are able to resolve every little glitch which I encounter. I am very appreciative of their service, professionalism, and friendship.

Cons

I can only think of one issue, and that is the complexity of the 'styles'. This is one area that I always need help with as the learning curve about 'styles' is too steep for me. In the case orf 'styles' I always ask for and receive help from Caspio, and I thank you.

Ubaldo
  • Industry: Design

CASPIO for small office applications

Reviewed on 2022/08/22

I am overall pleased as a database platform. It has allowed me to develop applications that are being used daily by two small offices. Like any development, there are always bugs that I need to work out due to my mistakes, as CASPIO has proven to be fairly stable. When I have encountered issues that are not my fault and come from CASPIO, the ticket system has helped resolved. Currently, I only have one ticket and feedback is that bug was found and will be fixed in coming release or so. This is a minor bug dealing with formatting of tables, hence able to wait.

Pros

I like that this is a low code platform, but with the right experience and level are able to take advantage of building blocks like HTLM where script can be merged. This really expands the capabilities of some basic applications. For example, I am able put in CSS and Javascript to provide access and provide buttons to the the correct members. Overall, CASPIO is simple to understand as it relates Table data to a Datapage.

Cons

It is a bit pricy and the biggest issue I have is data storage. As a database it is great, although it has a limit in records that I think is low compared to price. But this data records can be overcome and if need pass on the cost. But the data file storage is very limited. This reduces my capability in being able to provide my customer with applications that also manage their documents. I had the need to use other solutions for data storage since my customer needs to upload files for their clients and would quickly run to the limit of 10GB. One important think to consider is my business case where my clients require retention of data for at least 7 years. If they use 5 or around that GB per year, the 10GB will not hold and buying more from CASPIO is expensive.
Note: similar to this is the SMS but not to the degree of data storage. For SMS, I have opted to integrate with Twilio as the overall price for number of SMS made more sense.

Response from Caspio

Hi Ubaldo! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We'll make sure to pass your feedback as a valid suggestion to the concerned team to make positive changes.

Brenda

Building Databases Made Easy

Reviewed on 2020/06/29

My overall experience with Caspio and their customer service has been A+. My account manager has been with me from the beginning and has always replied to every message within one day. The technical support is always there to help and fix all of my problems without hesitation. The users of my database (Ages: 40-70) never complain, everything is easy to manage and they love the Membership Database and how pretty and manageable it is.

Pros

What I like most about Caspio is that you do not need to be a master in code development in order to build a database online. The click and go step by step process is very easy to use. Also, implementing within WordPress or other applications is very easy to do. The How-to Videos are an excellent way to learn to use the product. The formulas within the tables allow you to be more diverse with your structure. I can't name just ONE thing, I love many!

Cons

When I first purchased Caspio in 2016, I was not able to export in PDF, with their updates that is now possible, but my only issue is in order to use you have to have the level of Caspio, which will cost more money. The good thing is if you want a change submit a request, 9 times out of 10 they will update and include with their next release.

Spencer

Good... but very basic.

Reviewed on 2022/07/05

Like driving a forklift down the highway. 'This would be fantastic for something completely different.'

What it would be fantastic for is a web based alternative to Microsoft Access. What I tried to use it for was creating a commercial subscription web-app.

Pros

Caspio is great for applications meant to be used internally in an organization to help manage operations. Its similarity with Microsoft Access makes it familiar and its compliance with security standards make it ideal for managing customers and patients without the hassle of maintaining your own IT. I like the support.

Cons

It's easy to do basic database stuff like forms and reports, and nearly impossible to do anything else. The lack of design tools is really frustrating. You can use their templates, but you can't make your own. Don't expect to build a site with a custom UX.

Response from Caspio

Hi Spencer! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We're sorry you didn't have the best experience. Caspio prides itself on providing superior application development expertise and outstanding customer service and support. Your feedback has been shared internally to help strengthen our future engagements. We value your opinion and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

John
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Easy-to-use no-code at a tremendous value

Reviewed on 2022/06/30

The team at Caspio have been extremely helpful, from the initial sales representative to the success manager, to the tech support and trainer. I have found them to be very knowledgeable, responsive, and easy to work with. When I discovered that some of my requirements did require some coding knowledge, I was able to obtain support from Caspio for a nominal fee.

Pros

The best aspect was the relatively simple nature of learning to use it and then building an app - as a person that does not code! The process of structuring the database, uploading the initial data, then maintaining it, has been very easy.

Cons

There are very few cons. I did discover - as a non-coder - that there is some coding necessary when it comes to formatting of reports. It is not absolutely necessary but to truly finetune formats (fonts, colors, placement) one ultimately is aided by knowing to code. Fortunately, this embodied only about 5% of the development.

Response from Caspio

Hi John! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad you're having fun with Caspio.

Theodore
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Caspio for Logistics

Reviewed on 2020/05/16

I have found that the team at Caspio and the application builder itself are rock solid. Extremely reliable, willing to help with the very small issues that have come up. I could not ask to work with a better organization.

Pros

It is so quick and easy to build data entry forms, surveys and reporting. Many of the applications I use take less than an hour to build from completion of planning to putting in use by our team at the warehouse.

Cons

There are little things that you need some programming help with, like column justification in reports or adding colors, but they are minor and the support is out there to help the "non-programmer" get the job done.

Laura
  • Industry: Human Resources

Most amazing no/low code APP

Reviewed on 2022/06/28

Pros

We use Caspio to develop web applications for Human Resources departments, we use it for ourselves, and for clients, it is so easy to make improvements and changes that it greatly increases its usability.

Cons

Integrating via API has been a bit complicated for us, and it has taken a long time to implement the SMS functionality for Europe, but it is already working :)

Zoho Recruit and Appian

Response from Caspio

Hi Laura! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us.

Camille

What we needed

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

Pros

Even though I don't have an IT or software development background, once I learned the basics of Caspio, I found it very easy to use. Caspio's functions can be as complex or simple as you'd like. We use it to create simple 1 datapage, 2 table questionnaires and complex secure applications with 20 datapages, 30 tables, and 4 authentications.

Cons

The learning curve was steep. The training I went to was helpful but it wasn't until I had been working with the software for several weeks that I finally felt comfortable and confident. I'm also the tech support for our applications and I find that there are times when it seems Caspio glitches, but it's hard to tell if it's Caspio or some anomaly in the application. It can take a long time to troubleshoot. It also seems that some browsers have a harder time with Caspio than others.

Scott

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a genius!

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing to work with. She took our ideas and built databases to meet our need in only minutes. Her knowledge of the product is off the charts. Every suggestion we threw at her, she was able to make happen for us.

I can't recommend her enough. She is a huge asset to the Caspio team.

Pros

Once established the program is very easy to use. The major advantage for us over our old Access database is you can log in from anywhere. Also, Access slowed down as it accumulated data, but Caspio has kept the same processing and retrieval speed. Finally, it looks much better and is easier to navigate.

Cons

It can be hard to learn how to create the tables and datapages, but they do offer training to teach you how.

Vincent

De Certified TB Program

Reviewed on 2022/08/23

I like Caspio a lot. It could be more widely used by public if not so expensive to use. I would like to help people at home with daily issues but too expensive.

Pros

Ease of use to create input forms and reports

Cons

Tasks and trigger info. Needs more exams of how to do different tasks

kintone

Response from Caspio

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Vincent!

Joe

Caspio is awesome!

Reviewed on 2022/12/16

Overall we love Caspio and continue to find new ways to implement things that help our users be fast and accurate at their jobs.

Pros

We moved from an Access dbase to Caspio in order to take advantage of creating APIs and automations. We couldn't be happier with how well it's worked and how much time we save on managing our projects.

Cons

The support doesn't seem to be very helpful and at times performance isn't great.

Airtable
Zahra
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Great Low-Code Site

Reviewed on 2022/12/15

Overall, I have enjoyed working with Caspio. It has pushed me to learn new languages to push my Caspio skills even further.

Pros

I love how easy Caspio is to use and learn. There are so many great videos online and the community forums are very helpful. I was able to learn the majority of the features within a couple of weeks. Of course, there's always something new that I didn't realize was possible.

Cons

The biggest issue I face is working with mismatched data types. I do find a roundabout way to solve the issue but if I can solve it then it's definitely possible.

Response from Caspio

We're delighted that Caspio has not only met but also inspired you to learn new languages and expand your skills. Our aim is to empower users like you to achieve more and continue growing with our platform. If you ever encounter specific difficulties or have ideas for improvements, feel free to share them with our Support Team. Your insights are crucial as we continue to refine and optimize the Caspio experience.

Thank you once again for your review and for being a valued member of the Caspio community. We're excited to see how you'll further leverage your Caspio skills in the future!

Max
Max

Great Company, Product and Employees

Reviewed on 2020/05/09

My skill sets were a bit rusty but Caspio has enabled me to compete with the big boys. Overall I think they are great.

Pros

There are so many features it is hard to choose the most outstanding. Yes for me it is the best company I have ever dealt with in my 30+ year career. The only thing better than their product is the diverse body of knowledgeable, professional and welcoming employees. They are always anxious to help in completing my projects no matter what. Their very dedicated and patient support team is absolutely second to none. Great Job Caspio!

Cons

The only con is perhaps selfish on my part but it would be great for them to include PDF print in legacy accounts. There is truly nothing to complain about in regards to Caspio.

Chirag

Great Software for Handle Multiple Projects

Reviewed on 2022/07/22

It's very helpful for solving your projects management issue. Many great features like activity tracking, tasks scheduling, workflow management, etc..

Pros

Very helpful software for managing your multiple projects and you can build your No Code applications easily.

Cons

Quite difficult to setup your project first time, but it will be works effortlessly after you familiar with the software.

Response from Caspio

Hi Chirag! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We're happy to hear that you've solved your project management issues with Caspio.