DigitalChalk

Building Skills. Instilling Knowledge.

4,7
4,9
4,6
4,7
Chris D.
Industry: Management Consulting

Very powerful system. Lots of great stuff "under the hood" for admin staff.

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

Pros

Clearly created by people who understand and are interested in *real* online learning. Everything in one place - including a home for you video-conferences and off-net meetings - demonstrating that they think of the student and not just their own software/system. Not just a "collection of videos shoved into an online folder". A proper system. Exceptional support - lovely people with whom to conduct business.

Cons

The student interface looks dated (Dec 2017). To be fair to Digital Chalk they know this. I understand they have a major refresh planned, so by the time you read this that may have already happened.

Cheri C.
Industry: Utilities

DigitalChalk is a Digital Charm

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Pros

I've used many Learning Management Systems in my 30 years of being in the training field. DigitalChalk is hands-down one of the easiest systems to learn, use and administer. Some Learning Management Systems can be so over complicated and for no reason. DigitalChalk has managed to take away all the unnecessary steps in the people management process and made it very simple, streamlined and ready to use in no time at all. It is by far my favorite LMS to date. Prior to my joining my current company, there was no LMS.

Cons

I wish there was a live-chat option on the help desk. There are times when I need to trouble-shoot something real time to continue my work, and I have to wait for an email response from the help desk. It's typically the same day but in this day and age, you want to talk to someone immediately.

Response from Infinity Learning Solutions

Hi Cheri,
Thank you for your fantastic review! We appreciate that you took the time to write such a thoughtful response. We're so happy that you found DigitalChalk so easy to use and administer. If you have any feedback for making organization and course admins' jobs even simpler, please let us know at [email protected] Thanks again!

Sharon M.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

An awesome Learning Management System

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

Outstanding! We would not consider using anyone else for all of our courses.

Pros

We have been with Digital Chalk for 9 years and each year it gets better. Digital Chalk is always improving their system with new ways to deliver the courses to our students. Additionally, their fees are extremely reasonable, and their customer service is beyond compare. Anyone who is looking to implement a distance learning program could not go wrong using Digital Chalk.

Cons

The fact that there is no Student Gradebook. There used to be one where the students could monitor their own progress. That is gone now.

Response from Infinity Learning Solutions

Hi Sharon,
Thank you for your great review! We truly appreciate you and your organization's long history using DigitalChalk. As you mentioned, we're always looking to improve our system, so if you have any feedback for how we can make course delivery and the learner experience even better, please let us know at [email protected] Thanks again!

Craig V.

Excellent product and very easy to use

Reviewed on 2014/05/06

I've been using the DigitalChalk system extensively to produce online training, and I personally believe that it is the best learning management system available right now. The development team is constantly adding new features and their customer communication is clear and frequent.

- DigitalChalk basically covers everything one needs in order to produce online training and deliver it to an audience. A fully customizable, branded course catalog and shopping cart come standard, and it can blend smoothly into an existing website.

- The course editing GUI is intuitive and fairly easy to get the hang of when creating a new curriculum. All media uploads are optimized automatically, similar to how Youtube creates multiple resolutions for a single video. Students or trainees with slow internet connections will still be able to participate satisfactorily, while others with fast connections can enjoy higher definition.

- eCommerce and gradebook tracking reports are *phenomenal*, and probably the most useful (to me, anyways) part of the system. It is very easy to set up affiliate marketing links to track how effectively your courses are being advertised by other organizations.

- The only thing I would recommend is that DC eventually adopts a closed-captioning system. Youtube has an automatic one that doesn't work well at this point, and I know the technology is still in its early stages. Using third-party software, I have to manually insert captioning into my videos intended to be accessible for students who may have difficulty hearing.

At first, DigitalChalk is simple and straightforward. One can begin creating courses right away. As I gained more experience creating courses, it surprised me with the large amount of useful options and deep features it offered. Overall, it has been a very satisfying experience.

For those who are not tech or computer-savvy, or don't have the extra time, staff, or resources to devote themselves to creating and managing online training, I would still recommend using DigitalChalk. I would definitely call their customer support for guidance, or find an organization like mine that can personally guide you through the process and manage it appropriately.

Stephen G.
Industry: Hospitality

Easy to Use & Execute

Reviewed on 2020/02/29

Great experience, highly recommended.

Pros

I liked the ease of use, the fact that I could build the program out myself. There is a learning curve, but I did it all myself with no background in IT.

Cons

I wish there was a couple unique features that I want for my specific company, but not the end of the world.

Response from Infinity Learning Solutions

Hi Stephen, thanks for your great review! We're glad you find our platform easy to use. If there's any way you think we can make the learning curve lower, please don't hesitate to let us know at [email protected]

Carla P.

Digital Chalk is the best system I've found for e-learning.

Reviewed on 2010/06/18

Overall, I loved this product. They contacted me to set up a webinar to make sure I felt comfortable using it, and they conducted a second webinar for two other people in the organization to teach them how to use it. The support has been fabulous. The only way you'll get what you need out of an LMS is to be comfortable with using it, and this company has a huge commitment to support.

Pros

I was asked to find an LMS for our state association, Texas Assn of Convention & Visitors Bureaus. They offer a lot of learning at their conventions but wanted a way to deliver it via the web. I researched a lot of systems out there, and Digitalchalk offered a free version that allowed me to get used to the system, learn how to use it, and see how powerful it was. I uploaded a video and PowerPoint that I created to test it out, and I was up and running. It was easy to add tests and other features. Bottom line, TACVB loves the system and will be building a set of courses using this software.

Cons

With any of these systems, you have a hurdle of having to figure out how you will create a professional quality video of the presentation. There is the option of not having a video cued to the PowerPoint, (e.g. using just audio instead) but that is not going to "sell" the e-learning for our organization. So you have to figure out a way to professionally videotape your speakers.

However, that is a challenge with any of the systems.

Joe P.

Digital Chalk exceeds our needs and expectations

Reviewed on 2013/05/08

I would absolutely recommend Digital Chalk for Corporate Executives or small business owners. I have to say I could not be happier with how this system works and my representative has never hesitated at helping or answering questions. I have tried or tested 6 other systems for online training and I absolutely say "go with Digital Chalk".

Pros

Digital Chalk was easy for me to get our training uploaded and I am moderately knowledgeable when it comes to tech stuff. DC has been very dependable and even after 5 months of subscribing I still get my questions answered and support help very quickly, usually within a couple of hours.

I love the ability to use handouts, lots of HD video, powerpoint and other files. Their testing, checkpoints and integrity insurance during the training is unmatched in my previous shopping for affordable training systems.

I am a novice, with lots of training ideas, and so far Digital Chalk is an excellent system for me to team up with.

Cons

Digital Chalk was not the cheapest in my search, but they are affordable and far more dependable and adaptable than the other systems I have tried. I am stretching for this as a con, there are no other issues and this cost really isn't an issue to me now.

Katrina Q.

Founder/Designer

Reviewed on 2010/06/30

Highly Recommend

DigitalChalk is for everyone! Whether you are a college professor needing to teach courses or a cosmetologist wanting to teach CEU classes, DigitalChalk is for you!

Pros

I love DigitalChalk. This software is rich in content and extremely easy to use. My favorite feature is that it is a pay as you go system, no contracts, which is very important during this day and age.

Also, love their customer support and sales team. They really care about people and really want customers to be successful. They know if you are not successful as a customer, they are are not successful.

Cons

I cannot think of any.

Anne B.

Amazing customer service and professional results

Reviewed on 2015/03/26

So, the Customer Service people are amazing. Easy to reach, they understand my problem/question, and go out of the way to help me find solutions. My preference is to figure things out for myself, but some days everything moves so fast that I just need to call and they have never let me down.

We have created a very complicated course targeted to a specific audience and each step has been surprisingly straight forward. We feel that Digital Chalk has made it possible for us to present a professional product so that we needed only to focus on the quality of our information and of our videos.

Jim H.

Great tool for Learning

Reviewed on 2010/06/21

excellent Product

Pros

Very professional on demand video learning system can deliver multiple courses in multiple subjects. Allows students to learn at their own pace and at any location. Dependable good quality video and illustrations. The team at Digital Chalk are very informative and great to work with toward a common goal.

Cons

none come to mind

Thomas D.

Great product, price and service.

Reviewed on 2015/01/16

DigitalChalk provides a very good product at a great price. Also, their customer service has always been very responsive - which is critical if you have issues that impact your students.

Also, they continually improve and add new features to their platform. This is very important.

I hope DigitalChalk continues its high level of service for years to come.

Laura V.

Fast, easy, and effective

Reviewed on 2010/05/28

Use this software to cut costs, improve your employee's training skills, enhance communication throughout your business

Pros

Easy to put together a course
Personal customer support, able to speak to a human being
24 hour availability of courses
Ease of payment for my customers and myself

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the product so far

Doug S.

Fast, Accurate, and Friendly

Reviewed on 2013/08/22

As a first-time user of any type of online training platform, we had a bit trepidation going in. Your instructions were clear, your tech support timely, and all of our self-inflicted issues were expeditiously resolved. Adrian was always polite, quick, and resolute at resolving our problems.

Denise H.

Simply the best online training platform available!

Reviewed on 2015/03/19

Simple to use, from both the student and the content designer perspectives.
Unparalleled customer support - best I've ever come across!
Low cost, but with incredible high-end features and reports.
Best value online training platform on the market - we checked!

Khandra F.

Digital Chalk Review

Reviewed on 2015/03/19

Everything works the way it should.

Toby G.

Platform and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2014/05/07

Customer service is top notch. The platform; however, isn't always intuitive and can become very messy if you are unsure about what you're doing. We are learning as we are going and thanks to great customer support, we are slowly getting there.

Stephanie I.
Industry: Education Management

Easy to use and good customer service

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Digital Chalk is more than an LMS, it allows students to register and pay in the platform and acts as an SIS maintaining student records.

Pros

Digital Chalk is easy to use for both students and administrators. The platform accepts a variety of file types and each element can be customized to show only video, video and notes, or be a file or web archive. The platform also allows interaction during the video through check points in which students can select an answer and get feedback from the instructor.

Digital Chalk also has wonderful customer service and they are very polite and responsive.

Cons

Digital Chalk does not currently have a built in discussion forum. This makes interaction (which is important in virtual learning) more difficult. We have found a work around, but we would prefer to have only one log in for our students and wish there was an integrated discussion forum.

Juvy M.
Industry: Education Management

DigitalChalk makes blended learning class for my students fun, interesting, simple and interactive.

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Basically, delivering instruction and learning in the most interactive and dynamic methods are what this software solves in my classroom. This LMS tool not only makes me an effective teacher but it also makes me a flexible educator.

Pros

DigitalChalk digitally-enabled the landscape of learning in the four walls of the classroom. This learning management system makes schooling and learning more exciting, interesting and technically-fulfilling. As a teacher, it helps me easily design and modify courses in a dynamic and interactive fashion that my students really enjoy. I can easily incorporate my own videos and PowerPoint presentations that truly level up my teaching styles and strategies. Giving tests and quizzes are as easy as monitoring the students' growth and performance. This LMS also helps my struggling students cope up with the missed topics because they can access the learning materials anywhere. I also like the real-time reports that this software generates

Cons

I used different LMS before and I think this is one of the best software I used. It has all the characteristics of the perfect LMS for me. None of the features that I don't want as a dynamic teacher.

Cole M.

DigitalChalk-- a major cut above the others

Reviewed on 2014/05/09

I have been with these folks for a couple of years. I recall the initial demo and committing about $400 to the cause for initial set-up. I played with the program for months, but for whatever reason, couldn't focus on completing a project.

There is now a lot of competition in this space-- really a lot-- and at the detriment of Digitalchalk, I have flirted with each one. All have their pros and cons, but I've come home to DC....

Pros- Simple user interface that guides you through the process of publishing a course
- $399 is an absolute bargain for a one time set up fee
- The pay as you you is attractive...meaning you pay for course delivery fees-- and they collect the tuition fees on your behalf.
- Delivery of a course is as low as $4.95- If you charge $19.95 for the course, do the math!

Cons-- It's not all wonderful.
-- To use PowerPoint slides, you must convert them to .JPEGs. This means you lose the animations and transitions of your original presentation.
-- I find the program line of "in and out" of the previously mentioned slides a bit confusing
-- Your catalog of courses (i.e. offerings) is somewhat bland. Other providers put significant pizzazz in your brand and online presentation. However, they charge you for this web design... DC does not.

Response from Infinity Learning Solutions

Hi Cole,

We are glad you are pleased with our platform! We've recently added a built-in PPT converter to the platform - that means you can upload your original PPT file without loosing any animations or transitions. Hopefully you'll find this tool useful. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]

- The DigitalChalk Team

Roger B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Absolutely great service provided by everyone I come into contact with. Please keep it up!

Reviewed on 2017/06/21

Ability to provide the Rett Syndrome community with comprehensive online coursework available 24/7 around the globe!

Pros

Ease of use and support from staff have been great. I think it is a great solution that allows companies to get set up quickly without a lot of the complexities with other systems that I've used.

David B.

Great educational platform

Reviewed on 2014/05/06

I have been with DigitalChalk for about 1 and a half years now. They help be get my course online and provided an easy platform for my students that take my course. I am able to set my own price and the billing packages are very simple. They walk me through every aspect of the setup and if I cannot find it in the tutorials, they help me right away over the phone. The whole platform is customized for my company. I have DigitalChalk to thank for my success and I am continue to add to the courses I offer. They have helped me every step of the way. In the rare instance there is an issue when I call they know my name and help resolve any issue right away, no long delays or down time , which is crucial when others are affected. I highly recommend you try it for at least 90 days.

Response from Infinity Learning Solutions

David, thank you for your review! We love customer feedback and are always looking for ways to improve.

So glad you have had a great experience with our support team. Remember, our blog (www.digitalchalk.com/blog) is also filled with great tips, tricks, and tutorials to help you build your courses as well. Let us know if you ever need help or additional resources!

Thanks,
The DigitalChalk Team

Mike N.

Excellent Training System

Reviewed on 2010/06/29

I highly recommend the Digital Chalk platform for anyone looking to publish and sell training content over the web to anyone in the world. The system has great performance and an excellent set of features that also protect your content by always streaming and not leaving a video file on your customer's machines. We have been very happy with the product, the company, and most of all the people.

Pros

The Digital Chalk system has many advantages, specifically in the area of being easy to use. I found the upload process and slide-to-video synchronization to work exactly as I expected. We are very happy with the finished product and look forward to an updated launch of our content later this summer.

Cons

Being a video person, I elected to spend a little time to try and figure out what the best video compression method was that I should use for the best results within the Digital Chalk system. Based on input from their excellent support team, we quickly figured out the best settings for producing and then uploading our video content.

Kathy G.

DigitalChalk

Reviewed on 2010/06/21

DigitalChalk has been a great experience for us. Support was extremely fast and often exceeded my expectations. I was impressed by the way they helped me to implement a solution of course versions that addressed our specific circumstances of staggered starts.

I have found the DigitalChalk team to be constantly looking to improve the product. Good people to work with.

Pros

From an implementation stand point, the pieces fell together nicely; the interface is very intuitive, the documentation is kept current, and support was quick to respond.

It was an easy start up for our users; there was rarely a problem with the use of the course. Very positive feedback from our users.

Cons

The reporting, while greatly improved over the last couple of years, still left a few gaps for us.

Response from Infinity Learning Solutions

Thanks for your review!

We hope you have continued to enjoy DigitalChalk for all your eLearning needs. We have recently released a new product enhancement, focusing on the reports feature. You can now generate detailed reports quickly and easily with many field options. Hope this helps!

Denise T.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Using this software to create our first online training program

Reviewed on 2017/06/21

this has enabled our clients to receive the same content as our in-house classes, more attendees and more revenue

Pros

The software is great and easy to use, but the customer support is what really puts it over the edge. Very responsive and helpful!

Cons

Any con I've come across they've supported and taken to their development or support team. It could be more convenient to upload keynote slides directly rather than formatting to jpgs first only bc we change slides frequently

Doug S.

Unmatched Customer Service

Reviewed on 2014/05/07

We looked at several online platforms when we started using an online approach to delivering educational content. Our selection criteria included ease of use, both by students and administrators/instructors; high value for the price; and customer service. Honestly, as relative newcomers to online training, we frequently find that we "just don't know" what to do in order to achieve a desired outcome in the platform. Our lack of knowledge is ably mitigated by DigitalChalk. In addition to their robust "Help" feature and FAQ capability driven by our questions, there is simply no match for the fast, friendly, and absolutely "spot on" support provided by the folks in DigitalChalk's Customer Service!!