Projectplace Reviews

Style C.

Blog Management with ProjectPlace

Reviewed on 2016/04/26
Review Source

If you want a lively, successful blog, it is likely that sooner or later you will have to take on a team. Writing articles, scheduling, taking photographs – it is a lot of work and your strengths may not play to all of those points. Figure out who you want your team to be. Do you want to take on staff? Do you want to work with friends? Either way, you are going to need a way to collaborate with your team members.

There are several nice features about ProjectPlace. The main one is the flexibility. It provides you with a framework of core Team Management action items. You can take that framework and use it however is best for your team. Let’s take a look at some of the features to better explain what that means:

My Overview

This is one of my favorite features. When you are working with a team, ultimately you only care about what YOU have to do. Yes, you want to see the whole project succeed, but if you have built a great team that you trust, then you only have to worry about your portion of the work. When you log into ProjectPlace, the first tab that opens is My Overview. This is the screen that tells you what you need to do right now, what is pending, and what your future projects are. The left side of the screen has two tabs: My Work and Done. My Work lets you organize your time: what you need to do today, what you are doing tomorrow, and what you are doing later. You can add tasks, add details, make notes about your progress, or jot down ideas for something you have to do tomorrow. And then there is the blissful moment that you move things to your Done tab, and it is off your list!
My Projects takes up the right side of the screen. It allows you to break down projects into an extremely detailed plan. This is where you assign team members to tasks and check in on progress. You can change details at any time: perhaps an article took on a different angle, a deadline shifted, or you have to shuffle responsibilities between people. This is easy to do. If you are like me and you are always feeling like you forgot something, My Projects is fantastic because it lets you break down a project into such finite detail that any forgotten detail becomes obvious. It will be a real weight off of your mind.

Pending Projects

Running an active blog means planning not just days but months ahead. This is why “Pending Projects” is a great tool. It is the tab located next to My Overview and it contains all the projects you are juggling at once. If you make full use of this great tool, you will have enough projects in there that you will have to use the search feature, and I found that it is excellent for finding projects easily. It is also nice that you can form ideas slowly before assigning people or deadlines. As soon as you come up with an idea, start flushing it out and it will come together quicker than you think. It really is nice to take a look at your blossoming idea and realize it is ready to be turned into a fully formed project.

Boards

This is where you monitor the whole of a project. It allows you to see your progress in a highly visual way that isn’t inundating, breaking down projects into small, easy to digest tasks. It also gives an overview of what has been done already, thus giving you a quick sense of where you are in the stream of the project, all at a glance.

Notifications

If you are assigned a new task or someone else has finished the task before yours, you get a nice little notification up in the right hand corner of the screen. Easy and manageable.

Does all this sound complicated? It really isn’t. In fact, ProjectPlace makes it incredibly simple, and if for some reason you are still stuck, it has little bubbles on the screen that take you through what each section does until you get the hang of it, which will be fast.

I highly recommend ProjectPlace if you decide to work with a team from the beginning of your blog. It also gives you the ability to work with a team that is scattered all over. Have a friend in Paris who is an amazing photographer? No reason to not work with her because she can’t meet you for coffee to plan a project! Even if you are just working by yourself, it makes successful blogging far more manageable and less daunting, which is a huge key to sustaining a blog long term.

I received access to ProjectPlace in exchange for testing and my unbiased review and I was compensated for my time and effort, however, my experience with the product and the opinions expressed in this review are 100% mine.

Visual Presentation
Responsive Support
Fast Search Feature

Cons

It isn't completely clear if there is integration with other apps, however, it is effectively a stand alone app for the purposes of my organization.

Kristi B.

Finally! Visibility into programs with shared resources

Reviewed on 2015/06/08
Review Source

I was part of the marketing team that used Projectplace at Planview to help plan and manage integrated marketing programs where we had shared (and limited) content and design resources. and also found many other ways to use it collaborate with teams around the company including sales for sales enablement programs. Previously we used sharepoint to submit design and web requests and it often felt like a black hole. With Projectplace, not only was I able to see the status of a deliverable at any given time so could my manager and other team members on that project. The tool also enabled real-time collaboration with comments, @ mentions, document management, timelines etc.

Pros

- Helps reduce meetings because you are able to collaborate within the tool
- Visibility across teams and individuals. This is important because you can identify potential delays (due to resource availability, review cycles etc) much earlier and avoid the number of late projects
- Document management is great! Having this built in rather than linking out to external drives and sites streamlines processes
-Kanban board functionality is so simple and customizable for what makes most sense to your team
- Streamlined the review process on design and content creation
- Flexible enough to fit the needs of any type of team across the company and between teams

Cons

Really these are just feature requests, nothing that really impacts the functionality or value that is delivered:
-User interface could be refreshed and streamlined
-Some of the logic of click paths and icons are not always that intuitive
-Customization options to allow you to select which features you need for certain projects, some won't need the full set of tabs and features available
-Calendars are default to run M-Sun which I believe in common in Europe. Need the ability to select what day your week starts
-Would love to see some type of integration with Salesforce or Marketing Automation platforms
- Improved dashboards and reports would be ideal

Courtney M.

Excellent Software for Website Team Management!

Reviewed on 2016/04/26

After having tried many Team Management software programs and apps over the years, I learned about and have come to really like ProjectPlace. It allows you to break down each series, article, promotion, etc. into steps and it lets your team know who is responsible for what and when the deadline is. It presents information in a highly visual and dynamic form that keeps my team motivated.

I highly recommend ProjectPlace if you decide to work with a team from the beginning of your blog. It also gives you the ability to work with a team that is scattered all over. Have a friend in Paris who is an amazing photographer? No reason to not work with her because she can't meet you for coffee to plan a project! Even if you are just working by yourself, it makes successful blogging far more manageable and less daunting, which is a huge key to sustaining a blog long term.

Devendra D.

Great project management tool for all industries

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

Pros

Very easy to use interface. Easy to understand and assign tasks to peers. The boards and phases help manage projects effectively

Cons

The software is way too expensive for the time it saves. This makes it a less value for money alternative in the market

Carol G.

It was fine - easy enough to use it but not the best PM tool out there

Reviewed on 2017/09/14

Pros

I like the Kanban style boards but I felt that their timeline was clunky and hard to use. It helps with general team collaboration

Cons

Not the most user friendly project management tool in the market. It lacks character and it was boring.

5.0/10

Website easy to navigate

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/10/19

From disorganized hard/soft notes to a centralized software where I can keep track of my projects and share them with whoever is part of it.

Pros

The ability to document each part of my project, the easiness to navigate. Also the capacity that the site had to upload mega files.

Cons

The "download" option for documents is sort of hidden. It would be nice to have the download option next to the file, or somewhere more visible.

You Can Have It All

Reviewed on 2016/01/22
Review Source

Agile tracking and standup meetings work for accelerating software development and increasing agile methods are moving across industries beyond software. But contract and financial milestones, external to development, are real, they matter, so organizations still must traditional project management against time and budget. Is there any way to have it all: agile planning plus financially compliant planning? ProjectPlace is one of the few solutions that does both well.

Pros

SaaS, no severs to setup. Boards like Trello but with real power. Kanban or Scrum for team tracking and sprints. And yes you can really have Gantt and relate activity to hard external milestones.

Cons

Some training required as you will be learning how to manage everybody with one tool. A sample training set of projects might be nice, but really so far, ProjectPlace is a standout.

Great, easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

It is a great opportunity for my manager and I to interact with each other and collaborate on projects and ideas.

Pros

The layout is easy to use. I like the different components and how they interact with each other. I also like the fact that everything is in one place, don't have to move to different applications to collaborate with your team.

Cons

Under the time tracking, it would be nice to have a set template that would load each week and not have to click a button to load the previous weeks template.

Andrew O.

Good software, could use a few tweaks

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

Pros

I think it's an easy design to read. The layout of the webpage is simple enough and the settings page is easy to maneuver.

Cons

I don't like having to add my activities in error week, even when I'm able to copy them from the week before. I have the same set activities and it seems unnecessary to have to add them back in each week, should be able to have a default setup. Save button needs to be used before you toggle a week or you lose everything you just did.

7.0/10
Amy V.

Team Organization!

Reviewed on 2016/04/27

Since I have been doing more and more work online and in collaboration with others, I was happy to get to try projectplace by planview. I love that they give you a 2 week trial to try the app before purchasing. This gives you 2 weeks to navigate around the app and use all the useful features with your team before purchasing. I think this is a great idea and a nice app for keeping projects in one place and able to create plans, get projects organized, set goals and so much more. I love that it is all in one place and can be worked on by the whole team. It is very convenient. I am able to organize my projects and complete them before deadline.

I received this product in exchange for a review. All my opinions are my own, based on my personal experience with the product.

Pam A.

Project Management Tools in One Place

Reviewed on 2016/04/29
Review Source

We have a blogging team and it is crazy with all the campaigns, reviews, projects we want to do but we are all over the country, so it has been emails interactions. It just isn’t working! We need one place for everyone to see what needs to be done and who is doing what job.

Use the Gantt chart to set you goals/objectives, use the kanban board to break your goals into operational tasks and use your personal What I like about ProjectPlace is we can plan and then get everyone aligned. Share a timeline with the team then works towards the goal. Everyone can have their task and plan of action.

Pros

easy to use
clean
simple
teamwork
collaboration

Cons

pay annually instead of monthly

James E.

We currently use Innotas and don't use all the features so we have been experimenting with the tool.

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

Pros

It is easy to use. The interface and the phone application are big pluses. Adding cards and resources on the cards is very intuitive.

Cons

You can not add resources to an activity. You need to assign cards to the activity and assign resources to the cards.

7.0/10
David M.

Easy to use, web based project/task tracking.

Reviewed on 2017/10/27

All parts of the business have visibility into the state/status of projects. Not jsut the project managers.

Pros

Ease of use for non-Project Managers and non-technical people to use. Mobile app closely mirrors web (for Board use).

Cons

Am coming from MSFT Project, so am used to a richer feature set. It is difficult managing several projects, by not being able to tie them together within PP. For instance, Workspaces feeding up to a global roadmap.

Really want documents to reference our existing Sharepoint libraries rather than on PP or onedrive.

Russell L.

Great way to manage a project

Reviewed on 2016/04/07

I use Projectplace as my digital To-Do list, not jsut for myself, for my wider account teams as well. The kanban boards mean that at a glance I can easily see who is working on what, when tasks are due, and who is and isn't at capacity. It's completely invaluable to me as a project/account manager and allows me and my team to just get things done.

The UI's great too - a very easy to use and worthwhile tool!

Ryan D.

Reviewed on 2016/05/03

Dieter D.

Great software, helps keeping on track

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

We use projectplace for different tasks. Our marketing departments rack all their different projects and moved their related communication mainly to this platform. For other projects we found this software to be as well extremely useful as it allows external companies access as easily as internal employees. Using kanban style task cards (boards) makes tracking project activities very easy!

Maria S.

Reviewed on 2016/01/15

Per F.

Reviewed on 2016/01/13

David A.

Keeps your project on track

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

I like the email each morning with the tasks planned for the day.

Pros

This is a great task tracking program. It is set up with "boards" for easy view. There is a great feature which emails you each morning with tasks planned for the day. This really helps with staying on track.

Cons

This is good for task tracking but it does lack features that other software has. I would like to see some things with WBS, Gantt view, and reporting features.

6.0/10
Stefanie A.

Projectplace is great in theory, however, it is not the easiest to navigate.

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

It's not necessarily a benefit to me, but rather to my company. It allows them to micromanage their employees with ease on their end.

Pros

I like that I don't have to click a "Submit" button to submit my timesheet. That at least saves me from having one extra thing to click on or add in when submitting my timesheet.

Cons

Having to add in each service line and each detail that I cover for every service line each week is a bit ridiculous.

4.0/10

Seems like an excellent option

Reviewed on 2017/01/20
Review Source

Projectplace is hooked into the right cloud services (slack, zapier, etc) to make it one of the top contenders for online project management and integration. I've used it just a bit and seems like an excellent way to go. Looking forward to more experience with it and will report back then.

Pros

Integration with other cloud services

Cons

As with cloud services, can't use it offline

Jill N.

Projectplace The app for getting things done together

Reviewed on 2016/04/28
Review Source

Being a busy wife, mother of 3 and a blogger at times I find it hard to stay on task. I work from home online. In the recent months, I have expanded my blog and started to work with other bloggers.

Pros

easy to use clean set up loved that i was able to try it for free for 14 days

Sean A.

Fluid software which allows me to easily work on projects with my co workers and share documents.

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

Easy collaboration, project document storage, project deadline help.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ease of uses to collaborate with my co workers on projects with tracking what needs to be done and when.

Cons

What I like least about the software is when I first started using It I struggled with getting used to the interface, maybe push tutorials more on the beginner user?