Projectplace

Collaborative Work & Project Management Software

Andrew O.

Good software, could use a few tweaks

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

Pros

I think it's an easy design to read. The layout of the webpage is simple enough and the settings page is easy to maneuver.

Cons

I don't like having to add my activities in error week, even when I'm able to copy them from the week before. I have the same set activities and it seems unnecessary to have to add them back in each week, should be able to have a default setup. Save button needs to be used before you toggle a week or you lose everything you just did.

Russell L.

Great way to manage a project

Reviewed on 2016/04/07

I use Projectplace as my digital To-Do list, not jsut for myself, for my wider account teams as well. The kanban boards mean that at a glance I can easily see who is working on what, when tasks are due, and who is and isn't at capacity. It's completely invaluable to me as a project/account manager and allows me and my team to just get things done.

The UI's great too - a very easy to use and worthwhile tool!

Magnus I.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A very good project management tool

Reviewed on 2015/12/06

I've used Projectplace for smaller projects with 3-7 project members. It was a very good tool for the initial planning but even during the whole project. I specially like the Kan-ban function which lets you put your different tasks as cards on a board and then move them to different categories.

Pros

Very easy to use and easy to invite project members.

Cons

It was a little tricky understanding how to change dates for sub-activities in the projectplan without changing date on the main activity.

• Industry: Government Administration

Outstanding software for online project management.

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

Pros

Projectplace is one of my favorite online project management tools. I can assign tasks to coworkers and interns very easily.

Cons

I didn't have a hard time learning to use Projectplace because it was so intuitive to use.

Kristi B.

Finally! Visibility into programs with shared resources

Reviewed on 2015/06/08

I was part of the marketing team that used Projectplace at Planview to help plan and manage integrated marketing programs where we had shared (and limited) content and design resources. and also found many other ways to use it collaborate with teams around the company including sales for sales enablement programs. Previously we used sharepoint to submit design and web requests and it often felt like a black hole. With Projectplace, not only was I able to see the status of a deliverable at any given time so could my manager and other team members on that project. The tool also enabled real-time collaboration with comments, @ mentions, document management, timelines etc.

Pros

- Helps reduce meetings because you are able to collaborate within the tool
- Visibility across teams and individuals. This is important because you can identify potential delays (due to resource availability, review cycles etc) much earlier and avoid the number of late projects
- Document management is great! Having this built in rather than linking out to external drives and sites streamlines processes
-Kanban board functionality is so simple and customizable for what makes most sense to your team
- Streamlined the review process on design and content creation
- Flexible enough to fit the needs of any type of team across the company and between teams

Cons

Really these are just feature requests, nothing that really impacts the functionality or value that is delivered:
-User interface could be refreshed and streamlined
-Some of the logic of click paths and icons are not always that intuitive
-Customization options to allow you to select which features you need for certain projects, some won't need the full set of tabs and features available
-Calendars are default to run M-Sun which I believe in common in Europe. Need the ability to select what day your week starts
-Would love to see some type of integration with Salesforce or Marketing Automation platforms
- Improved dashboards and reports would be ideal

David M.
  • Industry: Food Production

Easy to use, web based project/task tracking.

Reviewed on 2017/10/27

All parts of the business have visibility into the state/status of projects. Not jsut the project managers.

Pros

Ease of use for non-Project Managers and non-technical people to use. Mobile app closely mirrors web (for Board use).

Cons

Am coming from MSFT Project, so am used to a richer feature set. It is difficult managing several projects, by not being able to tie them together within PP. For instance, Workspaces feeding up to a global roadmap.

Really want documents to reference our existing Sharepoint libraries rather than on PP or onedrive.

Carol G.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

It was fine - easy enough to use it but not the best PM tool out there

Reviewed on 2017/09/14

Pros

I like the Kanban style boards but I felt that their timeline was clunky and hard to use. It helps with general team collaboration

Cons

Not the most user friendly project management tool in the market. It lacks character and it was boring.

Amy V.

Team Organization!

Reviewed on 2016/04/27

Since I have been doing more and more work online and in collaboration with others, I was happy to get to try projectplace by planview. I love that they give you a 2 week trial to try the app before purchasing. This gives you 2 weeks to navigate around the app and use all the useful features with your team before purchasing. I think this is a great idea and a nice app for keeping projects in one place and able to create plans, get projects organized, set goals and so much more. I love that it is all in one place and can be worked on by the whole team. It is very convenient. I am able to organize my projects and complete them before deadline.

I received this product in exchange for a review. All my opinions are my own, based on my personal experience with the product.

Dieter D.

Great software, helps keeping on track

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

We use projectplace for different tasks. Our marketing departments rack all their different projects and moved their related communication mainly to this platform. For other projects we found this software to be as well extremely useful as it allows external companies access as easily as internal employees. Using kanban style task cards (boards) makes tracking project activities very easy!

Martin J.

Reviewed on 2016/01/15

Stefanie A.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Projectplace is great in theory, however, it is not the easiest to navigate.

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

It's not necessarily a benefit to me, but rather to my company. It allows them to micromanage their employees with ease on their end.

Pros

I like that I don't have to click a "Submit" button to submit my timesheet. That at least saves me from having one extra thing to click on or add in when submitting my timesheet.

Cons

Having to add in each service line and each detail that I cover for every service line each week is a bit ridiculous.

It's a great concept for multiuser projects...

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

Pros

You have an easy way to keep track of the progress in your project.
You can share files and resources with all the members of your project.

Cons

Is not very user friendly. The look is not appealing and for my taste is a bit disorganized and a bit confusing.

Nikki G.

Reviewed on 2015/07/20

Devendra D.

Great project management tool for all industries

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

Pros

Very easy to use interface. Easy to understand and assign tasks to peers. The boards and phases help manage projects effectively

Cons

The software is way too expensive for the time it saves. This makes it a less value for money alternative in the market

Jill N.

Projectplace The app for getting things done together

Reviewed on 2016/04/28

Being a busy wife, mother of 3 and a blogger at times I find it hard to stay on task. I work from home online. In the recent months, I have expanded my blog and started to work with other bloggers.

Pros

easy to use clean set up loved that i was able to try it for free for 14 days

Tor E.

Reviewed on 2016/02/23

You Can Have It All

Reviewed on 2016/01/22

Agile tracking and standup meetings work for accelerating software development and increasing agile methods are moving across industries beyond software. But contract and financial milestones, external to development, are real, they matter, so organizations still must traditional project management against time and budget. Is there any way to have it all: agile planning plus financially compliant planning? ProjectPlace is one of the few solutions that does both well.

Pros

SaaS, no severs to setup. Boards like Trello but with real power. Kanban or Scrum for team tracking and sprints. And yes you can really have Gantt and relate activity to hard external milestones.

Cons

Some training required as you will be learning how to manage everybody with one tool. A sample training set of projects might be nice, but really so far, ProjectPlace is a standout.

Ryan D.

Reviewed on 2016/05/03

Samuel C.

Reviewed on 2016/01/13

Per F.

Reviewed on 2016/01/13

David A.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Keeps your project on track

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

I like the email each morning with the tasks planned for the day.

Pros

This is a great task tracking program. It is set up with "boards" for easy view. There is a great feature which emails you each morning with tasks planned for the day. This really helps with staying on track.

Cons

This is good for task tracking but it does lack features that other software has. I would like to see some things with WBS, Gantt view, and reporting features.

Amy G.

Project Planning Companion

Reviewed on 2016/04/25

This is such an awesome ap. I love how easy it is to use and understand. I can keep track of project tasks and prioritize them from. This is exactly what I was needing!

Pam A.

Project Management Tools in One Place

Reviewed on 2016/04/29

We have a blogging team and it is crazy with all the campaigns, reviews, projects we want to do but we are all over the country, so it has been emails interactions. It just isn’t working! We need one place for everyone to see what needs to be done and who is doing what job.

Use the Gantt chart to set you goals/objectives, use the kanban board to break your goals into operational tasks and use your personal What I like about ProjectPlace is we can plan and then get everyone aligned. Share a timeline with the team then works towards the goal. Everyone can have their task and plan of action.

Pros

easy to use
clean
simple
teamwork
collaboration

Cons

pay annually instead of monthly

Website easy to navigate

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

From disorganized hard/soft notes to a centralized software where I can keep track of my projects and share them with whoever is part of it.

Pros

The ability to document each part of my project, the easiness to navigate. Also the capacity that the site had to upload mega files.

Cons

The "download" option for documents is sort of hidden. It would be nice to have the download option next to the file, or somewhere more visible.

James E.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

We currently use Innotas and don't use all the features so we have been experimenting with the...

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

Pros

It is easy to use. The interface and the phone application are big pluses. Adding cards and resources on the cards is very intuitive.

Cons

You can not add resources to an activity. You need to assign cards to the activity and assign resources to the cards.