Bill.com for QuickBooks Online Reviews

Bill.com for QuickBooks Online

Bill pay, invoicing & collections service that works with Quickbooks Online

4.5/5 (229 reviews)
Barbara S.

Bill.com is my 1st choice for efficient and fully automated AP system!

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

We are a global company with 1,300+ people in US and internationally. We use Bill.com for all our Accounts Payable in US and internationally. We totally automated Accounts Payable using Bill.com and we have very pleasant positive experience.

Pros

My company is a global company with US head quarters and multiple international locations. In Bill.com, the billing and payment is totally automated. Approval process is excellent. As a manager, I get regular emails for bill approval. I can approve, disapprove, make comments and they go to user right away. The system is especially useful for companies with international locations and multiple US locations like my company. With Bill.com, all accounts payable is centralized and automated. We also managed to save a lot of staff costs with Bill.com. As AP is automated, we use finance staff from Eastern European locations to process AP using Bill.com. This is significant cost savings. First of all, with Bill.com the AP process and related approval is totally automated which minimizes staff costs. We are able to use finance staff for AP where wages are 3-5 times lower than US. Overall, this is a great system and my choice # 1 for AP automation!

Cons

Bill.com is a great system. I really don't think of any disadvantages. I just encourage Bill.com to develop and process more with newest financial innovations like automation and machine learning.

Kelsie K.

Bill.com for Account Payable

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

This is a big help for Account Payable. You can track and manager all pay out in an one place. You can see approval, requestor, total amount, history, etc. Also, you can deny the pay out without exchanging tons of email to the requestor.

Pros

1. Can store all your independent contractors' information including the contract and W9. There is an attached file option.

2. Can approve via mobile

3. Can track a vendor's history, payout, approval

4. Can add as many approval as you want

5. So easy to use. Drag the paperwork and upload

6. Email notification of status, from approval to pay out

7. Can add multiple entities for one user. For example, I manage two organizations and with one log in, I can access both

8. Communicates with other accounting software

Cons

The preview window can be improved. There is a preview and another pop up to write an expense. Somehow it is confusing sometimes.

Louis C.

Though a bit pricey , Bill.com offers a unique stand alone , automated website based accounts payable and recievable service and robust options for integration.

Reviewed on 2018/05/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We as a company relished the idea of using a stand-alone website-based system to automate our accounts payable and receivable and found Bill.com.
Bill.com is almost peerless as it offers convenient integration with Quickbooks online that we use regularly. We can now create invoices and have customers pay online, as well the ability to create particular ACH accounts which allow for direct payment into our account as opposed to a percentage of the transaction assessed so often by other companies offering similar services. Customer service access was difficult to help support our usage of some record keeping tools however in our final analysis if a company is just focusing on accounts payable and receivable and NOT a complete financial system, Bill.com fits the bill.

Pros

We absolutely loved the immediate integration with quick books online.
Our company found the user interface extremely easy to understand and even easier to use with well written executed menus and graphs.
Invoices are easy to compose and customers are afforded the ability to pay online which we found ultra convenient.

Cons

The cost structure we find a bit pricey for the more enterprise orientated company models.
As a company wants to integrate with other systems like Intacct or Netsuite, prior membership is required.

Jennifer P.

Bill.com is THE BEST software for managing accounts payable!

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

No mailing invoices/checks! The software prints the first page of the invoice on the bottom two stubs of the check. You can also pay your vendors electronically with a simple invite email AND the system emails your vendors to let them know payment is on the way!

Pros

I started using this software solely for its accounts payable function. You send your bills directly to the inbox, attach the document to the bill, then pay! You can even record bills paid outside of bill.com (credit card payments for example). You can also save vendor documents (contracts, W9s) within the vendor files. This software keeps us incredibly organized over multiple locations. HIGHLY recommend! (And it syncs seamlessly with QuickBooks!)

Cons

No cons! Great product! Keeps us organized and allows timely and effective bill payments to our vendors.

Good software for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Great software that helped our company's AP dept go paperless.

Pros

Bill.com is very easy to use. Great platform to digitally store all invoices and go paperless. Audit trail captures all transactions and dates which reduces the possibility of fraud. You can create approval chains and add/remove approvers to different invoices. Their customer service is top-notch. Their live chat reps are very helpful. Has the ability to sync with many popular accounting software (NetSuite, Quickbooks, Intact).

Cons

Syncing issues with NetSuite do occur from time to time but their customer support is very helpful in rectifying them. They recently updated their user interface and although it is more visually appealing than before, it doesn't function any better.

Daniel L.

Quality AP processing

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Bill.com has saved us several hours a month with as we have streamlined our customer payment collections as well as AP approval processes.

Pros

It is quick and easy to forward emails with bill attachments to bill.com for AP processing. It is one of the features we love about it. Being able to set up rules that require different approvers based off of the amount of the bill makes it so much easier for our firm to get bills into the right hands.

Cons

Reporting is limited. Using this module for AP and AR on a daily basis, it would be nice to have some better reporting built within the system.

Hailley F.

Lets me manage multiple clients bills easily!

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Easier day at the office.

Pros

I like how clear everything is and how everything is interconnected. I also LOVE the customer service- the chat respondents are quick and almost always can help you right away, which makes such a huge difference when juggling multiple portfolios. I also love being able to easily keep all details regarding each invoice in a way that allows you to pull up reports right in the software. This is so useful.

Cons

It can be a little unclear exactly what the rules are regarding canceling transactions, especially when it comes to bills being sent in the mail vs. e-bills. A small reminder at the time of payment when an option is clicked would make a HUGE difference.

Kelly S.

Bill.com is a great way to get rid of having to write paper checks.

Reviewed on 2017/12/28

Time saving.

Pros

I like that I can track when checks go out, if they've been cashed, and easily re-submit a check for repayment or for voiding. I like that I can invite anybody to pay via ePayment and they are in charge of entering their bank info in instead of me. I like that any paper checks that do go out, go out with a copy of the invoice you've uploaded into the system for ease of vendor tracking.

Cons

The refund or returned check feature doesn't always sync 100% properly with QBO (but 95% of the time it does).

Therese J.

Bill.com makes the ease of Accounts Payable online

Reviewed on 2016/11/17

I have several vendors that use Bill.com as well as I have used online bill paying service for the past 10 years. I enjoy being able to travel, be on the road and have access to my bills. Bill payment process is very easy and customer support very easy

Pros

All bills for the year in one place. I use the app a lot.
I am able to approve bills for my business from anywhere.

Cons

Being able to put some bills to not be viewed until they are needed to be paid versus popping up each month on the top of the bills.

Alex B.

Easy to use, simple, organized

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

Helpful in keeping track of everything you've paid. Syncs easily with QB. Easy search features allows you to go back and view previously paid invoices. Fast payments. Tells you if payment is outstanding or not.

Cons

Sometimes can be a bit too simple. Would be nice to have some extra features. E.g. you can set up a recurring payment but you cannot edit any text that will appear on the check and it defaults with a date. Unable to add a contract number to a recurring payment.

Cheryl W.

Excellent A/P solution for small to medium-sized businesses

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Efficiency, ease of use and remote capabilities related to AP functions

Pros

Incredibly easy to use; I like that it easily syncs to QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online software

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the software. I use it for quite a few accounting clients and have always found that if I run into a snag, the customer support chat team at Bill.com is able to assist me. Admittedly, the issues I've had have all been user errors, rather than shortcomings related to the software.

Great product with a few flaws

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Love that they handle the payments for us!

Pros

It is easy to use for AP bill processing. I enjoy the fact that each client can have users login and code bills on their own, no pre-coding is required other than the vendor and amount. I like that you can search for all bills by vendor and see copies of checks. The audit trail is a great feature. Auditors do love it.

Cons

Although I love it and will use it still, I do struggle with a few things: 1) It takes all AP monies at one time instead of issuing checks that will clear the bank slowly, 2) It doesn't handle multi-entity perfectly 3) It is costly 4) the 1099 process is a bit more cumbersome than desired, 5) It requires manually adding approvers each time unless you setup rules based on amounts...no other rules options right now.

7.0/10
Denise W.

Bill.com Accounts Payable Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Bill.com has increased our productivity and accuracy, with very few issues.

Pros

The concept of having a digital copy of each bill/invoice/statement that you can open up at any time. This is exceptionally helpful during closing, if you need to verify something.

Cons

The fact that credits have to be posted in both bill.com and in your accounting software. It makes it double work when something needs to be credited off from a prior period.

Josue H.

Bill.com is really simply and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

bill.com is one of the fastest and efficiante way to import data to quickbooks and we used it every day.

Pros

Bill.com is really simply and easy to use and it works really well with Quickbooks that I can import data with no issues and this happens every day and I am glad that this software helps me to do my job a lot more easy.

Cons

No issues with bill.com its one of the best software I have used to work with Quickbooks to import my data

Amy P.

Used to be a leader, falling behind

Reviewed on 2018/02/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The permissions are customizable, you can be very particular about how the QuickBooks sync happens, and the approval workflows are great. I appreciate being able to connect to Hubdoc, QBO, and Tallie, among other apps.

Cons

The customer service is awful. It used to be great, but now you’re lucky to get an email back at all. That is my biggest complaint. Coming in second is the other side of the customization piece: there are lots of ways to make things happen that you don’t want to happen. There are cheaper, simpler solutions out there for the less technologically initiated.

5.0/10
Margaret W.

upgrade from schedule fly, integrative

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Pros

I like that we can integrate our sales from our POS, Aloha, to our HotSchedules account to forecast sales and help control our labor costs.

Cons

I wish that the request off features were a little less confusing for our employees, and that we could view the total number of people scheduled on a certain shift at the bottom like with older versions of Hot Schedules.

Tracy V.

Streamlines AP to a paperless process

Reviewed on 2017/06/28

Time savings
Accountability - able to designate approvers for invoices

Pros

Paperless - don't have to print or mail payments or file invoices
Can quickly access PDF's of any invoice and all the accounting details

Cons

Syncing to QuickBooks Online has been a little tricky. There's definitely a learning curve to understand the limitations of the sync function and learn how to work around it.

One of my favorite software to use

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Great software - easily sync with quickbooks and easy to connect to other vendors.

Pros

Customer support is great! They are quick and polite and are able to address my issue and questions. I especially like the follow up emails - they allow me to track the progress of the case submitted and I can continue talking with the same representative on the phone/chat

Cons

I think the automatic bill processing takes a bit longer than necessary. It would also be helpful if the automatic process could identify credit memos.

Jill F.

Great product - but pricey

Reviewed on 2016/11/17

Great customer service, onboarding new clients is much improved from when I first started using them years ago. Only issue - per client price is high considering we are also paying for usage. As a firm it would be great to have better pricing.

Pros

Easy of use - capturing all documents in one place for one client with a dedicated fax number and email address.

Cons

Price

Mackenzie D.

Getting help is painful

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

It's not great. We use bill.com to invoice our customers. 60% of our client base has complained about the experience with bill.com because setting up accounts is not intuitive, and clients often times have set up different kinds of accounts by accident then feel harassed by reminder emails which state they haven't paid an invoice, even though they are marked as "paid" on our end. We paid a hefty API integration fee in an effort to host all of these invoices in our own system so that our customers wouldn't have to interact with bill.com. However, now we are facing a whole new set of challenges trying to gather information from bill.com that isn't exposed, but is integral in making the integration successful... then trigger days and days of frustration with support to get about 60% of the information that we need.

Pros

The ease of creating and tracking invoices

Cons

Trying to work with support actually ruins my day. The only way you can talk to a human on the phone is by scheduling a phone call. Every time I have done that we've had issues connecting and there's no number you can call. I also feel like every time I reach out to support via chat or email I get a completely different level of information and service. Sometimes they give you what you need right away, other times they say they can't provide you with that information you need to jump through additional XYZ hoops.

3.0/10
Diane F.

Bill payment time saver

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Great experience and easy to use and train

Pros

The thing that I liked most is the method of processing invoices and payments was sped up dramatically. This became a huge time saver and more efficient. Easy to transfer information to our general ledger.

Cons

Nothing at this time. All functions are logical

Rhonda W.

Bill.com to go paperless

Reviewed on 2018/05/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We love:
-custom permissions
-ease of routing items for approvals
-audit trail
-direct messaging to vendors
-document repository
-no papers to get lost

Cons

When we first started using this service it was not as expensive, but honestly, the value is there and we don't mind paying for the value.

Bill.com is the best out there

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

This software is a key piece of software in my business, which allows me to pay bills from anywhere not just in my office. Plus I never have to write a check.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use and their support is excellent to work with.

Cons

The software is slow to respond when moving through multiple pages.

A quick and nice way to drop in and keep track of all bills for your business.

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

How easy and quick it is to run and payout your vendors.

Pros

I like the feature of dragging invoices to the desk top, just letting them load and autofilling your information to make sure your bills are paid in a timely manner. They also have really great customer support that care about helping you get the information you need.

Cons

There is a feature of auto adding bills, which is ok but slow compared to a person entering it. Also sometimes when it syncs with other softwhere it get duplicate messages, so again a person will have to manually correct it. This is pretty rare though.

We love using Bill.com

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Saves a lot of time when getting the approvals needs for A/P.

Pros

This product is very user-friendly and I love that its so easy to view documents. We process all A/P in bill.com and I wish we could run our expense management (corporate credit cards) through this system.