Vidyard

4,4
4,1
Samantha N.
Industry: Computer Software

Vidyard is what sets me apart

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Vidyard is great and definitely a tool that all salespeople should be using daily.

Pros

Vidyard is seriously the best things ever when you're prospecting. It works so well to have video in any cold outreach and makes the whole process of prospecting less weird.

Cons

I honestly love Vidyard. I don't have any complaints besides that fact that it doesn't integrate with Outreach.

Kyle W.
Industry: Automotive

Vidyard Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Vidyard was a lot to understand at first, mainly because we haven't used another website like this before. The training and customer support we're able to help us get a firm grasp on it though. Now we have integrated it with Hubspot and it gives us all the analytics we need to help understand our customers better.

Pros

Vidyard provides us with a great solution for using embedded videos on our website. We're able to track everything and because you can connect it to Hubspot, we get all the analytics we need! The customer support is extremely responsive and very helpful. The training we received as well as exactly what we needed to get everything set up. You can add CTAs to all of your videos, which helps us greatly.

Cons

The platform is very clunky and extremely hard to navigate. Thankfully, we had many meetings with people at Vidyard to understand this platform. I still get lost in certain areas though, but the customer support is available to fix my problems!

Industry: E-Learning

Best videos for quick tips

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Vidyard has been a great solution for making it easy to show our customers how to do specific actions on our platform.

Pros

I love the ease of sharing my screen and easily capturing what I am demonstrating in my product. I also like the search feature and being able to embed videos.

Cons

The trimming tool only works at the end instead of inside the video which would be more helpful. And the version I have I don't have folders.

Todd P.

I would NOT recommend Vidyard

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

awful experience.. see above.. I hope other small companies like mine do not sign a contract with this company..

Pros

If you look at how many negative reviews I wrote about a company, you would not find ONE.. the reason is I would never want to hurt a companies rating.. but this organization has made me take time out of my day to write this.. Let me start by saying I hired Vidyard and signed a 1 year contract.. about 5 months into the contract, we kept having the same issue (our videos were not showing on certain cell phones). I had a large meeting with a law firm and when the video i did for them did not work properly, I made the decision to find another company. I have 4 emails prior to this issue from the head of my video department. bottom line, this was 1 month before the pandemic. I wrote them a letter to let them know I am moving my service because of the issues i continued to face.. This company had the nerve to send me to a collection company in July (during the pandemic).. they did not answer my email (it was their sales person who ignored my emails).. very frustrated and i would NOT recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Cons

the fact that they could not fix or figure out the issues we had with cell phones and their customer service.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Lazarus K.
Industry: Accounting

Screen recording made easy

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/09/09

I would recommend this tool to anyone who is looking for a screen recording tool.

Pros

I had tried other screen recording tool, but I always had challenges with the sound. The sound never came out clear. Vidyard has now fixed this problem for me. Sound and picture quality is good.

Cons

I am still in the trial period and I am still exploring the functionalities. So far, all is well and Iam happy.

Moseph M.

Its all timing

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

Overall super positive. I'm a remote worker my role involves a lot of helping people troubleshoot issues. Vidyard has become a staple in that process as well as an efficient way for me to communicate to a group of people. When you're not using it for outbound sales it's a challenge justifying paying for it especially if all you really need is the capability to quickly record and share short videos amongst the team. For that basic use, I really dig Vidyard's out of the box functionality.

Pros

It's quite easy to use. I live on Chrome so the chrome extension is super handy. I've found being able to attach recordings directly in my emails really useful and definitely my favorite feature. I'll qualify everything, by pointing out that I only use the free product and that although I love it for its utility as a remote worker, I've yet to be able to justify paying for it for my use case.

Cons

I use the free version, and while the paid licenses have advanced analytics and editing features, I simply don't need that stuff. My one gripe is that the videos seem to take a bit longer to load and play compare to other tools I've used and sometimes the chrome ext. crashes which can be annoying.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Vidyard is perfect for creating quick screen cap videos

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Much of the time we use this to create step by step videos of how clients are able to update their website and be able to edit/update different types of content. It really just takes seconds to get started using the chrome extension. it's great.

Pros

I like how quickly I'm able to make a screencap video, which we generally use for trainings both internally and externally.

Cons

For my purposes, there is really nothing that I especially dislike about the software. I know that it's much more powerful than the purposes that I use it for, but it's honestly perfect for my needs.

Industry: Construction

Vidyard Video

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

I enjoy using it. I enjoy the fact that I can do a quick video explaining to my client what I've come up with for them. Rather than trying to write it in text where it could get misunderstood.
It's super easy to use and super easy to attach to emails

Pros

Vidayrd is a great tool to quickly make small video clips to attach to emails and the likes. It allows you to video yourself, or video your screen of your are doing a demonstration. There is also the option of having yourself on the screen whilst you do the demo.
The integration with hubspot is great and makes it so easy to attach videos to emails.
I like how it attaches with a thumbnail too.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about this. The videos are hosted on their site and if you delete from your library the video is no longer available to view.
I'm just using the free version so not sure if you can sort your library of videos in the paid version.

Matt P.
Industry: Media Production

Vidyard Works, But Lazy Programming Leaves Out Key Features

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

I'd gave the software a "C" rating. It's better than shooting with a camera and uploading video to YouTube or Vimeo, but extremely, and unnecessarily limited in what you can do to add production value to created videos.

Pros

Vidyard allows us to quickly and easily make a very simple video and upload it to embed in a blog or web page. The ability to add "hot" banners and CTAs directly to the video is great, as is the fact that it works with Hubspot, and we don't have to rely on YouTube for every video posting.

Cons

After reading the impersonal FAQ page stating that the software does not allow switching between camera and screen during recording, I used three third party programs to accomplish this feat myself, with no help from Vidyard. If I could do this with relative ease, and I'm not a programmer, then Vidyard is simply being lazy about programming. Presumably someone at the company is being paid to improve the software?

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

The Best for Getting Creative, Simple Communications to Clients

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/04/03

Overall this tool has been incredible in helping towards my goals of connecting with more customers. I love it.

Pros

The fact that it is so easy to create and send short videos to clients has been a true boon to my ability to connect. Simple emails get ignored and deprioritized, but Vidyard videos almost always receive a positive response, or at least a response, which is what I'm looking for.

Cons

There isn't anything not to like. The video quality itself could maybe bet better, but I'd rather have a small, shareable file size.

Nick G.
Industry: Real Estate

Great business tool for Sales & Marketing

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

Vidyard is a great business tool for Sales and Marketing teams to use video in a way that contributes to revenue. Adding Salesforce integration is vital to a) sales reps using video content b) demonstrating the # value video actually contributes to the bottom line.

Pros

Easy to use, integrations with Sales/Marketing tools, great for producers to get insight into how their videos are being consumed

Cons

Would like more options in reporting

Tristan L.

Vidyard is great

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Great. It has helped us connect with customers in an industry where it can be challenging to allocate time to training and software setup.

Pros

I would recommend vidyard to anyone. We use it for creating training videos for our support team as well as quick customer screen captures for client training. Love the chrome extension, once set up, super easy.

Cons

Not a lot. I wish the link for the video and the link in the web browser were the same but i am sure there is reasoning why they aren't

Taylor S.
Industry: Computer Software

I use Vidyard everyday and love it!

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

We have loved Vidyard!

Pros

As an SDR, I love Vidyard's platform. The biggest selling point for our team was their integration with SalesLoft. We can easily create personalized videos for our prospects, layer on case studies and other marketing resources and send them through a SalesLoft template or via gmail.

Cons

I wish that Vidyard allowed for scripts to be running alongside the screenshot while you are making your videos

Brittany S.
Industry: Internet

Great quality and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

It requires little training to get started and how to use effectively. Easy to download, use and share. Happy Vidyard user!!

Pros

This platform is very easy to use and the browser plug-in makes video recording and option selection very easy. It helps me give the best service to my clients because I can send them visual instructions on tasks they need assistance with so they do not have to read a "step by step" guide on how to do things.

Cons

No major issues at all. I wish there was more options on how the screen & camera format could appear but thats just a personal preference.

Vidyard is a necessity!

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

Our sales team could not function without Vidyard.

Pros

Vidyard has been instrumental in my career. I increased my response rates by 9% using video in my sales outreach. Vidyard is what gets me to my quota, and I would not be half as good at my job without it!

Cons

My only complaint about Vidyard is when there is a software update. Only because the first video I make after an update doesn't save and I have to redo it.

Ray H.
Industry: Telecommunications

Vidyard -- a "new way" and easy way for you to reach more customers with video email

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/25

The Vidyard customer support is excellentand always there to help with questions.

Pros

Vidyard is such a simple tool to use. You can simply create in front of your pc and attach it to an email for your customer or prospect to open. It's a better way than you emails getting deleted when prospecting and has a great feedback tool to tell you when your prospect opens you Vidyard video and how much they watch or how many times they watch. Sales people get great feedback from their customers because it's new and different. You can even do a voice/video email with a powerpoint and send in an email.

Cons

I have no complaints at all. The software performs exactly the way they described. The software does not work by itself so you have to have your sales people use it as a tool.

Fernando P.

Amazing screen recording solution

Reviewed on 2019/12/30

Great user experience, a software that is very intuitive to use right from the begining.

Pros

Vidyard is very easy to use, record short videos and share with other people. You just have to login, tap record and thats it.

Cons

Id like more flexibility to organize all recorded videos. Sometimes I get a bit lost when searching for past material.

Abby R.
Industry: Computer Software

Vidyard is hands down one of the best software products I have used in sales, it is a gamechanger!

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Pros

Vidyard makes it super easy to send personalized videos to prospects and I have never gotten more responses now using Vidyard! Customers and prospects love the personalized touch!

Cons

Vidyard is easy to use but sometimes it can have lag in putting videos into emails. The only thing I wish Vidyard has was filters.

Marvin N.
Industry: Computer Software

You need this sales tool!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

Best sales video tool ever!!!This has helped us increase so much business!

Cons

Nothing bad to say about this tool. They are always innovating.

William H.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Vidyard review

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

It has been a pleasure. It adds another element to my emails that makes it interactive and personal, which my customers enjoy.

Pros

I love the fact that it is a new interactive way to communicate with customers. Adding a personal message to customers with an insightful video is awesome.

Cons

It took me a little bit of time to get comfortable with the features and functions. Once I became comfortable with the software it became very useful.

Jesús G.

Good video platform for easy video recording and sharing

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Very good tool that helps me share video fast and easy with other people through links. I use it a lot when I have to make a tutorial of something I'm doing on my notebook.

Pros

This platform is a really useful tool when I want to record myself talking, or when I want to record the screen of my computer and share it to someone else. It's nice the way it get connected with your google drive and the video automatically generates a link that you can share to everyone.

Cons

You can't download your video in the free version, that could be a problem if you want to use it offline in a presentation.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Sophia N.
Industry: Online Media

My customers love my videos!

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

I use Vidyard to answer customer questions and it works!

Pros

I love being able to answer a question with a video. It is much easier to create a quick video on how to use our product than to type out a reply. Furthermore, my clients have told me that they love my videos.

Cons

I wish I could create folders for my videos so searching would be easier.

Arielle G.

Video Sales Made Easy!

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

Vidyard offers several integrations to other sales platforms that has been extremely useful! Video selling is definitely taking off and Vidyard has been ahead of the game. The plug in allows you to make videos from anywhere online, which is great when you are on the company website for the prospect and are able to show personalization while creating your outreach video.

Cons

The videos are able to be edited but you can of course try again until you get it perfect!

Mimi V.
Industry: Design

Love the Analytics and Livestream Feature

Reviewed on 2016/12/12

Great platform for videos, the analytics are so on point, we've found it extremely useful to see where users replay, drop off, skip in our videos. Can't wait to see future features!

Pros

I love the analytics and data provided by Vidyard.

Cons

The user experience could be a lot better because I sometimes have trouble finding out where certain features are and how to activate them such as changing the color of a player, etc.

Hugo C.
Industry: Computer Software

Take some time to get familiar

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

Needed some professional help to get it setup at first, due to unfamiliar with the terminology used in the software.

Pros

Upload of video seems pretty fast and the service rarely becomes unavailable. The uploaded video very 'portable' for use on different online platform like SharePoint and Lithium.

Cons

Buttons and labeling in the user interface not always make sense. Folder structures also take time to get used to.