Asana

4.5 (12,670)
Write a Review!
The work management platform to organize work across teams.

(12,670)
4.3/5

Hazel
Hazel
  • Industry: Events Services

Asana: My Choice of Work Platform

Reviewed on 2024/05/13

Asana has truly become an indispensable tool for me, helping me stay organized, productive, and focused on achieving my goals. Overall, Asana is a powerful tool and although it may not be the best fit for everyone, especially those who prefer simpler interfaces or have specific integration needs, it works for me and for most people that I know that are also on Asana.

Pros

I love using Asana for its seamless organization and collaboration features. It keeps my tasks, deadlines, and projects neatly structured and easily accessible. I can assign tasks, set due dates, and communicate with team members all within one platform streamlines our workflow and ensures everyone stays on the same page. Plus, its customizable interface allows me to tailor it to my specific needs and preferences.

Cons

While Asana offers robust features for project management, I find its interface can be a bit overwhelming at times. The abundance of options and configurations can be confusing, especially for new users. Also, while its customization is a strength, it can also lead to inconsistencies across teams if not managed carefully.

Khushnud
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Asana for teammates

Reviewed on 2024/04/30

I use it for team discussion, project deployment and task assignments

I use it for team discussion, project deployment and task assignments

Pros

Asana is great to structure projects or tasks and collaborate with team members. Also it provides visual timeframe

Cons

At first it looks very complicated and difficult to expand features

ONLYOFFICE Docs

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Outlook was consulting too much time and was not capable of making all requirements

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Asana is flexible, works on web or installing app
Liam
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy to start and use

Reviewed on 2024/04/20

Pros

Asana was really easy to use and set up for the team.

Cons

The colours of the page could be improved to make a more pleasant experience

Carolyne

Simple but effective

Reviewed on 2024/03/20

Excellent experience with Asana, I was up and running quickly and delighted to learn more as I progressed.

Pros

Asana has a good clean interface with the ability for multiple projects and countless categories and sub categories. Working with teams is a breeze as they can be added, assigned tasks and monitored with ease. Customisation turns your work areas into logical systems for your business. I used Asana on multiple businesses, not just projects and it met my requirements every time.

Cons

Other apps have so many more features than Asana and that may be more appealing to you. I like to keep it simple and found myself constantly trying to keep up with what I could do, as opposed to what I should be doing with them. For that reason, I prefer Asana.

Basecamp, monday.com and ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I liked the interface and organisation of projects. Adding teams was uncomplicated. It suited not just me but my team members.
Andrea
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

My whole life is there

Reviewed on 2024/05/27

It has been extremely positive; it streamlines communication and task management.

Pros

I love many things. First of all, the interface is friendly and intuitive. I like the inbox. I regularly work with another person. We skip email and communicate directly on the tasks at hand. With the inbox, I can follow the conversation related to the task. When general issues come up, we use a special task for that. I love the tags; they allow me to prioritize things beyond projects. I like having the ability to categorize a task into different projects. I like being able to comment on tasks. That helps me record lessons learned.

Cons

I think the inbox interface can be cleaner.

JIMMIE W
  • Industry: Events Services

Robust at the free level. Scratches all the PM itches.

Reviewed on 2024/05/23

I am daily user but not a power user. I have learned to maximize a few features at the free level. I have never upgraded to the paid version, but I have used the platform for several years.

Pros

The free version allows a team to easily communicate and crush deadlines. I love the Templates features for projects that share the same DNA. This allows for quick project set-up, but can still be customized. I also like that I can switch between Kanban, list, and calendar view. It helpful to view projects from different angles at different points of its life cycle.

Cons

Archiving projects isn't intuitive. Which can make looking up legacy clients, historical data and simple clean up difficult as you use this program over multiple years. Which you will likely do.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I didn't want to be limited to one way of viewing projects.
Connor

The best project management software out there

Reviewed on 2024/06/02

I am 100% satisfied. I would not be able to do my job well without it.

I am 100% satisfied. I would not be able to do my job well without it.

Pros

I love it's functionality. It's extremely easy to understand, navigate and customize. I love how I can build projects out for specific job responsibilities where all my tasks and workflow is in one place.

New user onboarding is great!

I love being able to automate my processes with rules and workflow management.

Cons

I have no complaints about the product itself. I'd say sometimes it's been difficult getting a hold of customer service.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I am more familiar with the platform and have had colleagues use it before.
Kristy
  • Industry: Law Practice

Productivity apps & programs creating irregular job needs

Reviewed on 2024/06/17

It’s been good. It’s also been more work because we actually have to eat the stuff.

Pros

I like the ease of use. I like how you can have different projects. No one tried to fool me. It’s good.

Cons

At times, moving things around would be problematic and otherwise was great!

Traci
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Powerful but a steep learning curve

Reviewed on 2024/05/22

Pros

When I tell people about Asana I call it Spreadsheets on steroids. I love that it is familiar but more robust.

Cons

There is so much to it that I am struggling to learn it. I don't use it that often but it is because I don't know how to. That happened with another tool like Asana and once I learned it, it was awesome to use and I am sure Asana is the same way. I just haven't taken the time to learn all the features yet.

Leonardo

Asana software review

Reviewed on 2024/06/02

It needs further training from the developer and follow-up on the users.

It needs further training from the developer and follow-up on the users.

Pros

It is customizable and includes the most important features of project management.

Cons

It is not much user friendly. It takes time for a user to learn the software

Michael
Michael
  • Industry: Government Administration

Great task-management and collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

It's a breeze to use and it enables our busy publishing team of 10 to collaborate and stay on top of our day-to-day. It also gives me the paper trail I need for quarterly and annual reporting. Highly recommended.

Pros

It's very easy to implement and to onboard new users. The interface is attractive and very intuitive. New features are appearing every few months - the recently added Portfolio/Workload feature is brilliant. Now I get the Gantts I need to monitor my team's workload and our many projects.

Cons

Being able to estimate hours per task would make Workload even more useful. Keyword search (for completed tasks/projects etc.) can be a little flakey.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Ease of use and functionality.

Claris FileMaker

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Jira was over-engineered for our requirements.
Christopher

Workflows for dummies!

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Asana is a great platform for designers and marketing teams but may not the perfect solution for more business-finance oriented individuals. Asana feels like an upgraded Basecamp and Zoho with pretty visuals, fun integration, and task/priority management in a nutshell.

Pros

Asana's visually engaging and provides an easy at-a-glance view of projects depending on the template you've chosen for a group/project. In addition, its customization allows for easy task management and tailoring to your organizations needs.

Cons

As a newer user, I found that also having too many options made me feel some decision fatigue. I wasn't sure which template to pick but it took some experimenting and onboarding with Asana's team to figure out what worked for my organization. We currently use it for marketing projects internally and it is being used daily which has been helping workloads and making sure that the team is aware of what is going on.

Zoho Projects

Reasons for Choosing Asana

At my current organization, Basecamp was never adopted as a permanent option. Asana is currently being used during this time and hopefully will become our permanent solution for project management and tasks being delegated to individuals while monitoring workloads and making sure noone is left behind!

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Zoho feels dated. We were able to do the Asana free trial and found that it met our company needs and hopefully it will continue to meet and exceed our expectations! So far so good!
Dino
Dino

Love using Asana for personal task management as well as for team collaboration in our...

Reviewed on 2020/11/26

I've started using Asana a couple of years ago as I was searching for a tool that would help me manage all my tasks in a list view. Up to that point, I was using a note-taking app for that but was lacking structure in it, and when I discovered Asana, it gave me just that - structure for managing my multiple projects more efficiently and effectively by having an overview of all the projects and even better an overview of most important (daily) tasks.
Later we also implemented Asana within our organization which gives us an overview of all the work, tasks that we need to execute on in order to successfully complete our projects.

Pros

What I like the most, when it comes to team collaboration in Asana, is task assignment function as we can simply assign tasks to each other and combined with Slack integration we immediately get notified about that in Slack as well. That way we really improved task tracking and execution.
One thing that I find very useful is that Asana enables both list view and Kanban view, as later is especially appreciated by some of my coworkers.

Cons

I wouldn't say there is anything I don't like about Asana, just one thing that I would really like to see is that there could be more people assigned to one task instead of needing to be followers.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

When choosing a work management tool a few years ago I was deciding between Asana and Trello and since Asana was offering List View I decided to go with Asana.
Kurt
Kurt

Asana is Great for Task Management

Reviewed on 2021/03/14

Asana has been an essential tool for our agency to centralize task management and have a tool to help us keep on task.

Pros

We are a digital marketing agency and we use Asana daily for managing tasks, both custom requests that come in from the client and monthly recurring tasks. It's perfect as a central portal where the team can see everything due and what is happening with tasks, vs. everything being lost in separate strings of emails. Asana has saved a lot of tasks from getting off track. We've been improving how we use it a lot in the last year, organizing it by client and devoted sections within each client to easily track different types of tasks, such as "Items Due from the Client" vs. "Monthly Recurring Tasks" or "Special Projects" etc. It's also really handy to have the phone app in addition to the computer version for working tasks on the go.

Cons

It works great for the task management aspect, but it would be great if it had budgeting and time planning functionality, so we did not have to go to separate solutions for that. It would also help to see general account or project status items, but we might be able to figure out a workaround to make that happen as we have on some other needs.

monday.com and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Workamajig's solution for this was just to cumbersome and not user-friendly like Asana is.

Workamajig

Reasons for Switching to Asana

We just found Asana to be the easiest to use and the best fit for our team.
Rickey

Great, robust tool for project management

Reviewed on 2021/06/17

Unlike other platforms, Asana is much more efficient when working and carrying out your projects, not only because of the quality of its interface and the excellent function of its tools. from carrying out a project to a task and subtasks it is really easy and very professional. They haven't fallen into the trend of making everything bubbly and cartoonish like other platforms. Asana has also helped to eliminate the cost of other tools, since many additional features are built in.

Pros

I like the User interfaces because it makes early adoption very possible. The learning curve is small, and it's easy to set up your tasks, request colleagues to participate and to do everything simultaneously. I also enjoy the aggregate of the duties for reporting purposes, and they'll be reminded to accomplish the duties. The working calendars are also pretty clean and it's simple to reorganize the scheduled start times, durations and completion dates to integrate documents, reports or e-mails.

Cons

It's difficult to figure how to hide some info that is unnecessary for your specific use case. It's also not so simple to add in dates for recurring tasks.

Prathamesh
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Asana an efficient and effective tool for project management

Reviewed on 2021/10/05

Overall experience, this software stands out to be the best software for project management. It helps manage milestones as well as people. It helps track down backlogs and issues in the project and helps build a process streamline towards completing the project. Excellent tool to manage time and tasks.

Pros

Features are most likeable feature of this software. Creating projects, adding milestones, adding, and tracking tasks is efficient and easy and is very doable. Tracking activities on individual level and reporting backlogs and lags are efficient using this software. Reports are easily made using project templates and can be shared between different parties. Overall, Asana provides excellent project management capabilities to users and employees.

Cons

Frequent version updates are particularly challenging for any organization to address. Updates have sync issues with other systems, which leads to integration issues. The second issue is with customer support, which is slow and requires multiple calls to fix an issue. This process takes lot of time to understand the issue further leading to more deals in fixing the issue.

Jira and Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Asana gives better customization options compared to other tools, it has extensive set of features and an interactive dashboard to manage work. From project management perspective it is easy to handle deadline and project streamline from the dashboard. Other alternates were expensive and required additional payment for these features.
César
César
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

A great productivity tool

Reviewed on 2022/05/11

Asana is the productivity tool I use with my small workgroup at school and it has never let me down, the productivity and efficiency of my group increased exponentially with the implementation of Asana. It is a very well-thought-out tool that meets everything you need; it works fast and accurately, and the interface is intuitive. It is great software to improve your productivity, either in a group or personally.

Pros

Asana is a great project manager, it has many tools that favor collaborative work. The task and time management in Asana is flawless, and the different ways to present your organization are great, whether it's a list, a task flow, or a calendar, whatever you use does the job. It is constantly evolving and updating software, so it can only get better. An important point in favor of Asana is the integration with third-party applications, such as Google Calendar or Notion, very few software have such a complete third-party integration. Overall, it's an excellent tool for productivity whether you're working in large or small groups.

Cons

Asana fulfills most of the functions that it promises, however, it would be nice if the free version is not so limited, mainly because in small workgroups this can be a compelling reason to give up using Asana. Also, when you first start using Asana, the learning curve can be a bit slow, but after a few days of using it, you get used to it.

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana is much simpler and it is simpler in task and project management.

Tlotlego
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

An answer to speed up work process.

Reviewed on 2022/07/20

Asana(opens in new tab) is even more an efficiency and joint effort bundle as opposed to a venture the board software(opens in new tab) suite. It does exclude worked in time following or high level task plans, which are both fundamental for keeping long haul projects on target and accurately paid.

In any case, Asana succeeds at task the executives, with a UI that is both natural and flexible, simplifying it to team up in gatherings of any size. Task, responsibility the board, and a few application connectors are among the stage's best elements.

Pros

Asana has a simple and easy user interface
The elements are accessible and have the capacity to coordinate outside devices.
What I like the most is that I can connect records and neighborhood documents from Dropbox. I can channel assignments and ventures either by sequential request, due dates, and so forth. It's an incredible cooperative instrument to further develop efficiency. We can oversee assignments and exercises from any place, with any program, in addition to I can likewise do it from my cell with my Android application. With Asana is feasible to sort out however many groups depending on the situation, as well as undertakings, making, doling out, and checking, it is an exceptionally complete work area, safe where we follow through with jobs quicker and all the more effectively, a cycle that has changed emphatically since I use Asana.

Cons

The product is very restricted with regards to data set building, or customization. I very much want Notion's "pages" and "data sets," which give its clients substantially more adaptability in how to introduce data, permitting you to plan and sort out pages utilizing text, headers, in-line tables, pictures, recordings, and so on. Asana, nonetheless, is genuinely restricted to a particular look, that main shifts by view type. Properties are unequipped for being modified as effectively as in Airtable or Notion. Assuming you're profoundly knowledgeable about the project the board, customization is essential to you.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

We choose Asana because the price was reasonable. Our Innovation department needed a tool that had more options to change the way the projects were organized and one that could integrate with Slack for the team to be aware of what changes have been made.

Great project management software for budget nonprofits!

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

This is a great software for organization. It has upgrade features that are paid, but you can basically do everything you need to do in the free version for a small nonprofit to stay organized. I would highly recommend this if you have multiple events or fundraisers you manage for the year, or if you are an administrative professional of any kind that needs to coordinate multiple things every month (payroll, accounting, board meetings, client relationship follow ups, etc.) The free version is a no brainer for nonprofit management!

Pros

I love that I can assign myself personal tasks to complete, and that I can also assign others tasks or subtasks to help me move forward with the pieces of a larger project or event that I need them to do before I can move on. This is a great software for organizing teams that can't always meet in person. We are able to coordinate across campus and ensure communication on progress is easily managed in one spot. I also love that I can set reoccuring tasks for things that must be completed monthly (like accounting exports, payroll imports, board reporting, etc.) It helps keep me on track to ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.

Cons

I don't like that you can't quickly and easily see all of your completed tasks in one spot with the task yet to be completed. I wish I had this feature so that I could better weekly report on what was accomplished while also reporting on what is coming down the pipeline. One of the only other things I don't like is that when you go to mark a task complete, and you are marking multiple, sometimes the list updates and shifts a bit so you click on the wrong one. You can click undo, but I just wish it didn't shift the items while it was refreshing the to do list.

Gabriel
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Best way to coordinate work between agile teams

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Asana is one of those tools you can't live without when you add it to your workflow. It offers great capabilities to coordinate people and leave all decisions made about a topic in the same place. If everybody in your organization is using it, you can really leverage its power.

Its beauty relays in its simplicity, you can't make fancy things such as track progress of a big project distributed between several teams, but you can use your imagination to go over these issues. The API will give you all the flexibility you need if you know how to code.

Pros

- The ease of use of Asana is one of the best out there no matter the product. It's so easy to start creating task and discover what can you do with them it easily adjusts to your work flows, specially if you work with lots of people.
- Everybody can edit tasks, this allows to use Asana as a hub for communicating everything related to a topic, tagging tasks and mentioning people so they get notified.
- Hotkeys, I hate going back and forth between the keyboard and mouse (hate using touchpad), Asana provides hotkeys for almost everything you need to do, tab will be your magic key.

Cons

Poor reporting. I work in agile projects and would like to see BurnUps and burn downs, be able to define sprints and reporting associated to the big picture. To do so, you have to manually create projects that act as sprints, you end up with lots of projects and lose the big picture. On the bright side, it provides an API, so I connected to it, and using tags I was able to create customized reporting.

Expensive, its cost compare to world-class project management solutions, like Jira. I believe it's worth the money, but as a small company we couldn't afford it. (this was a year ago, before starting at Globant)

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Freemium model of Asana allowed my entire company (over 20 people) to work on the same tool without paying a cent. Its simplicity allowed everybody to use it, so change management would be a breeze (and it was).
Michelle
Michelle

Long time user

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

I've been using Asana for years- I think starting in 2010 or 11. I've used it so long that many of my accounts started as the free version and I've watched them slowly and effectively roll out added, useful, functionality without hassle or interruption. I've introduced over 10 nonprofit organizations to using Asana, and everyone has loved it.

Pros

Easy to learn, attractive and simple interfaces, easy to make it your daily home base. Great for both new and experienced computer users. I love that you can have task/project-related convos and attachments. This is excellent if you are like me and frequently need to show people where they made decisions in the past in an easy way. I love that events can be recurring on almost every pattern I've ever thought of. I use it for grants tracking, so I can assign out pieces to different team members and easily gather pieces back to me. I love that I can hyperlink to previous years notes, attachments, etc. for easy reference, which is really helpful with donors. I also use it to plan editorial pieces, social media, communications campaigns, nonprofit programs, board meetings, household tasks and chores, etc. Previosuly I used it for large books/projects to break large academic projects into smaller pieces. I've used it with large and small groups aged 18-67. I've set it up for over 10 orgs/groups and it is fast and easy. Everyone loves how easy it is to just start using it. Great email functionality and it has a ton of add-ins you can use to link to other software (like time tracking, invoicing, etc.) I LOVE ASANA.

Cons

I love their free version with a firey passion, but once downside is as they have grown, the free version has lost some searching/reporting capability. However, using their paid product gets you everything you could want. So if you are piloting the free version to get a sense, there is a lot more out there.

Ariel

Asana makes task management a whiz!

Reviewed on 2017/04/17

Our team has been using Asana for over 6 months now and it has made our task management and workflow so streamlined! My favorite features of Asana are:
- Integrations. I use TMetric for time-clocking and the seamless integration with Asana is so handy.
- Inbox feature. You can stay up to date with any mentions or questions other team members might have for you by checking your inbox. It also reminds you of upcoming tasks and alerts you when new tasks are created in projects you follow. So helpful for staying in the loop!
- Well-designed. The flow of comments on Tasks and the way their is a Conversation and Calendar section as well as Task List is so beautiful. Oh and Files too! There is more to list here than I have space for!
- Fun. Tab+B makes my day. The occasional "celebrations" make checking off tasks a joy!
- Multiple teams. This is super handy for when you need projects that aren't involving everybody on the Team. And yet tasks from all projects show up together in your "My Tasks" view!
- Use of tags, mark-as-waiting-on, custom fields and more features in the paid version that we couldn't live without! But the free version is amazing as well.

In short, Asana is the best task management software for teams I've ever seen. I highly recommend it to anyone to increase productivity.

Pros

Cons

There is not a lot that I don't like about Asana. They are always rolling out new features. There are some small nitpicky things, like no ability to add your own sorters in "My Task" view, but those are way overshadowed by the positives.

Rick
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Asana Most helpful in Project Management

Reviewed on 2021/11/16

I have used several project management software and this is the tool that seems to be most popular and functional with cross functional teams. Very few hiccups in the user experience. There are more expensive softwares with many more functions...but Asana is very proficient to get the job done for small and large teams or organizations

Pros

Asana is a great collaboration tool that helps teams work well together on integrated fronts and many different tasks. It has a lot of flexibility/customizations capabilities. It has a free plan to start with..but once you get into it..you see the value of buying a more advanced option.

Cons

a bit confusing at first for some...but once you spend time with it...it makes sense

Smartsheet not as capable

Smartsheet

Options
Cha
Cha

Asana reduces the working hours that we can focus on new ways to achieve our work success.

Reviewed on 2022/10/07

This program has taught me to be much more professional and stand out in my area of ​​work due to the wide variety of options that this program offers to educate my administration and marketing of the company's products, this program has it all and every time I we execute we find new ways to be effective and accurate in our work, Asana reduces the working hours that we can focus on new ways to achieve our work success, since this program is a tool that notably trains the skills of each of its users, the particularity with which new projects can be planned for my work department are great and the results are seen in a very short time.

Pros

It is incredible the multiple ways in which this program can help me to continue with the development and management of my work, Asana works like a muscle that we constantly exercise to be much more efficient in my work and faster when carrying out all our activities. this software has taught us to be much more orderly and have a much more solid work infrastructure, and on the other hand this program this program has in its main tasks to expand the image of the company in different media on the web, it will work a marketing of quality to find new opportunities to increase sales and working relationships, Asana has surprised us for a long time with the best tools that a company with high ambitions and new objects needs, this software has the technology to simplify the flow and upload of my work at all times for the comfort of each of its users.

Cons

One of the things that complicates the experience with this program is how complex it can be to manipulate files that were built from scratch, the simplest parameters such as sharing the document could be overwhelmed, the interface does not simplify these processes and bothers us a bit, as it should be a relatively easy development for this software, we are hopeful that this small but annoying detail can be improved and transformed in future updates of the program as we generally want to continue to play with the program.

Ankit
Ankit

For a Healthy Tracking and Management

Reviewed on 2023/01/14

Overall, the experience with Asana can vary depending on the user's needs and expectations. Many users find the tool to be user-friendly and easy to use, with a wide range of features and capabilities that can help them manage tasks, projects, and collaborate with others. Asana's interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, making it accessible to users of all skill levels.In summary, Asana is considered to be a powerful and user-friendly project management tool that can be used by individuals and teams to manage tasks, projects, and collaborate with others. However, it is always recommended to try the free version and test it before committing to a paid plan.

Pros

- Asana's interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, making it accessible to users of all skill levels.- It has a robust set of collaboration features, such as the ability to share tasks, comments, and files, and to integrate with other tools such as Google Drive, Slack, and Trello. It integrates with other tools you might use, such as Google Drive, Slack, Trello, and many more. - Can be used for a wide range of purposes such as managing software development, content creation, event planning and more.Overall, Asana is a powerful and user-friendly project management tool that can be used by individuals and teams to manage tasks, projects, and collaborate with others. It's versatile, customizable, and has a range of features to help you stay organized.

Cons

- Only integrates with a limited number of tools, so it may not be the best choice for users that are looking for more specialized integrations.- Does not offer as many data privacy options and controls as other project management tools.- While Asana offers some customization options, it may not be as customizable as other project management tools.It's important to consider these potential disadvantages when deciding whether or not to use Asana, and to weigh them against the tool's benefits to determine if it is the right choice for your needs.