The LMS for Training Companies

Lucy K.

Intuitive and easy to use

Reviewed on 2021/02/18

Excellent in particular the user support, trial period and on boarding, very responsive.

Pros

At first site the LMS seems plain in comparison to 'fancier' platforms. But its simplicity is one of the best features, once you see how well it works with importing great looking courses and excellent reporting functions. It is simple and does the job you want it to do.

Cons

Terminology is not the clearest - needed some explaining about exactly what was what.

Response from Firmwater

Hi Lucy,

Thank you so much for this kind review. We're happy to see that you have benefited from the simplicity and flexibility of the LMS as well as from the work of our support team.

We're working on some updates to our documentation to ensure all terms are as clear as possible.

We look forward to continuing our partnership.

All the best,

Chay B.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

The supportive team make all the difference

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

The level of customer service is absolutely fantastic. As a team that was new to developing e-learning content, that has been crucial to the success of our projects. Overall we're very happy that we chose Firmwater as our LMS and would definitely recommend it.

Pros

The integration with Shopify is fantastic and means that our users have a seamless purchasing experience. It's great that we're able to have different certificates for different modules, ensuring that our users in Wales are able to access bilingual certificates. The support team are always happy to help, and as a non-specialist team that has made a huge difference to us. Once you know what you're doing, it's quick and easy to build the courses on Firmwater.

Cons

We make regular use of the reporting features, but it would be great to see these further developed so that we're able to build our own custom reports. That being said, the support team are always happy to look into reports or features that aren't available.

It would be great for our development team to be able to have more control over the general look of the platform (ie font type, colours, icons etc). However, when we requested changes to the appearance the Firmwater team were more than happy to help.

Response from Firmwater

Hi Chay,

Thank you for this great review! We've enjoyed helping Stonewall build this program from the ground up and we're happy to hear you have had success delivering your courses on Shopify.

Your comments regarding the customization of reports and LMS branding are duly noted. These are two areas we will be focusing on in the future, so it's very helpful to receive this feedback.

We look forward to our continuing partnership.

-Liam and the Firmwater Team

Mike S.

Great E-Learning Platform if you have many clients.

Reviewed on 2021/03/25

Excellent people with a greate product. They respond quickly and solve problems fast.

Pros

The ability to create custom platforms for our clients and the excellent up time and easy of use.

Cons

Would love to see a bit more real time reporting.

Response from Firmwater

Hi Mike,

We really appreciate this glowing review and recommendation. We're happy to hear the LMS has been beneficial for your various clients and that you're satisfied with our customer support team. We're always looking to improve and adapt our reporting processes, so your feedback is much appreciated.

Peter M.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Firmwater Customer Since 2014

Reviewed on 2021/03/05

We are very pleased with Firmwater.

Pros

Our company has been using Firmwater to manage our online training platform since 2014. The customer service has been exceptional in those years. We can always reach a real person who can provide a solution. The platform makes it easy to create and manage users, assign learning, and track progress. It is all around great platform.

Cons

We really do not have any complaints about the software.

Response from Firmwater

Hi Peter,

Thank you for this excellent review! We try our best to provide immediate, personalized support and we're happy to hear you have benefitted from this.

Liam & Firmwater Team

Alan R.

The Firmwater Learning Management System - Easy to use and Extremely Powerful

Reviewed on 2014/04/29

I have been using the Firmwater LMS for over a year now and I have to say it is one of the best learning management systems I have used to date. It is easy to configure and they provide many options within the system both for small organizations as well as large organizations that have multiple locations and many users. The system is very fast and stable. I also use SCORM Cloud and the performance difference is not noticeable between the two platforms.

The best feature of the Firmwater LMS and my primary reason for using it is the ability to create branded instances of the LMS that are client-specific portals. The client portals are considered 'slave' instances to your 'master' LMS installation. The LMS allows you to grant access to content from a 'master' to a 'slave'. This means that I can have groups of users completely isolated from each other and only upload my content to the system once. When I make updates to my content, I only need to update it in a single place and then every one of my clients gets immediate access to the updated content without me having to update each client instance individually.

I also have to mention that their customer support is excellent. Any issues or questions I have about the system are responded to immediately and professionally. They have gone out of their way on countless occasions to help me provide solutions to my customers.

I have been trying to come up with something negative to say and (not) unfortunately I really can't say anything bad about my experience with the Firmwater LMS. Since I started using the system it has excelled at doing everything that I wanted it to.

Bruce D.

Trustworthy Partner

Reviewed on 2013/08/08

We've used Firmwater for our LMS since 2010--they've been an excellent partner in our efforts to grow our online training company. Here are my pros and cons:
Pros
Bullet-proof platform--we've never had a single issue of customers not being able to access content
SCORM compliant--which is critical as we market our training solution
Competitive pricing--Firmwater has proven a great value
Attentive account manager--we've had wonderful service from our account team
Cons
No ad hoc curriculum development--Firmwater's LMS solution does not allow the client to build, tweak, or rearrange the learning modules in a self-service environment. It requires the help of a Firmwater account manager

Response from Firmwater

Regarding adhoc curriculum development, we recognize that this is an area of the product that we need to improve.

Today, you can rearrange items in existing activities and add static content (ie. PDF) to an existing activity through the user interface. However, the user interface does not permit you to add SCO's to an existing activity at present.

We do have the ability to craft multi-SCO activities using extensions to the SCORM imsmanifest.xml file. This functionality requires an understanding of SCORM's XML which is fine for the more technical user who makes regular use of that functionality. For users who are not as technically oriented or have an infrequent need, we provide them with this capability via our support team.

Garry A.

Firmwater LMS and CANSI

Reviewed on 2015/10/22

I'm the Treasurer and Past President of the Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors (CANSI) and also manage their National Office and computer systems on a volunteer basis. I managed CANSI's implementation of LMS a few years ago and continue to liaise with Firmwater for support and enhancements. Firmwater also developed our website (www.cansi.ca/en/).
Firmwater accurately understand our needs / requirements, customized LMS to track members, certifications and courses and exceeded our expectations.
Their support is prompt and meets our needs.
When we need enhancements, they meet our needs again.

Pros

Strong product and support. Great people to work with.

Cons

None! Firmwater continues to exceed our expectations.

Susie C.

Outstanding customer support - Kinda goes above and beyond

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

Firmwater is intuitive and easy to manage. What I've been most impressed with is their customer support. Over the past few weeks, I've reached out to our support personal several times. Not only has she helped me work through things with above and beyond Firmwater - helping me troubleshoot files and find answers.

Cons

I don't have a ton of experience working with the software yet. Everything I have worked wiht has been very easy to understand.

Response from Firmwater

Hi Susie,
thank you for this fantastic review. We do pride ourselves on our Customer Support and are very glad to have Kinda Nehlawi as part of our Customer Success Team. We are looking forward to working with you as you get to know the LMS.

Ed E.

Firmwater Delivers

Reviewed on 2014/08/29

We are using Firmwater to deliver a SCORM-compliant online eLearning course that integrates video, audio, graphic animations, and testing to individuals and firms internationally through Firmwater's ecommerce portal with Shopify. In other words, there are lots of moving parts in a diverse environment. Firmwater's pros are their robust capabilities, including ecommerce front-end as well as dedicated client portals, extensive reporting, administrator process, and polished product. The cons include limited documentation and some elements that cannot be managed by the administrator. That said, Firmwater's most significant pro is the highly personalized and accessible customer service that promptly and diligently addresses questions and special needs. No product or service is without some cons; superior products are the ones that effectively address them. For that and overall, Firmwater gets a high water mark!

Patricia M.

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2016/01/12

We sell e-learning courses to the healthcare sector and were looking for an LMS with a clean and simple user interface and smooth integration to e-commerce. We have been using Firmwater for two years now with good results. The user experience for learners is excellent. On the course setup side there were some features we couldn't find but Firmwater has been able to provide custom service for our site to suit our clients' needs. The customer service is excellent which makes all the difference.

Steven R.

Simple and powerful with great support

Reviewed on 2015/09/25

We have not yet launched our training programs due to our own internal development but the process of evaluating and setting up the Firmwater LMS was great. We were new to purchasing an LMS system so we needed extra information and attention. The people there were very helpful and went the extra mile to answer questions and integrate our platform into the LMS. They were very dependable, did what they said they would do and stayed on deadline. I look forward to working with them for a long time.

Chuck P.

Firmwater is a solid LMS

Reviewed on 2014/08/21

Firmwater is a great LMS. It has a straightforward interface, and a beginning user could be up and running in short order. I have reviewed every LMS on this list, and though Firmwater lacked some features that very few LMS's actually have (I work in a very regulated environment and have incredibly specific requirements) I found it to be functional and powerful for the pricepoint.

Joseph J.

Firmwater won us over!

Reviewed on 2014/03/27

After a year of using the system we're confident the right choice was made. Their team supported us in every step of the migration from our previous LMS and added significant value to that effort, rather than just 'playing vendor'. The implementation team far exceeded our expectations and support has not missed a beat since we went live. We are a very satisfied customer!

Andreas F.

A great software with awesome support included. Customer service as it should be.

Reviewed on 2016/07/14

We are offering education for pre-hospital healthcare professionals and choose Firmwater as our partner. Instead of developing our own software, we decided to cooperate with them. It was one of the best & most important choices so far. Despite the good and reliable software, Firmwater does offer an outstanding customer service. We had many requests and demands and yet, all of them have been fulfilled to our statisfaction. We are happy to know that they support our business.

Alice H.

Fantastic team and service

Reviewed on 2014/08/18

We have been using Firmwater LMS for just under a year. The Firmwater team is excellent to work with and really tries to come up with creative solutions to business problems. The Firmwater LMS is reliable and scalable. Its learner interface is simple to use on all modern browsers, and now many features work on mobile/tablet. The reporting and admin features are a bit old school, and I look forward to a refresh of these features over the next year. I would definitely recommend Firmwater.

Bradley C.

Awesome!!!

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

My company has been with Firmwater since late 2015, and we could not be happier. Their customer service beats any company I've worked with in the past by leaps and bounds. They genuinly want your business to be successful, and go the extra mile to help us out and learn the software. Well worth the money, and unless prices go up some time in the future I think our relationship will last for a long time.

Pros

The software is user friendly for a non-skilled individual like myself to not only deliver educational content, but also on the backend for controlling content, managing users, and providing reports.

Cons

Not a durn thing so far :), super easy and I am learning new things all the time.

Roxanne E.

Great LMS for a small company

Reviewed on 2015/11/02

We've been using Firmwater as our LMS provider since 2010, and it feels like they've grown right along with us. They've always been very responsive to our needs, and provide excellent and speedy tech support.

As a very small company, we didn't have the resources or expertise in-house to develop or manage our own LMS, and we didn't have the big dollars needed to develop one. We are content producers, not computer programmers! Firmwater's SAAS model gave us a way to monetize our content in a way that was affordable and doable for us.

Over the past five years, they have continued to develop and improve their product. The relatively new integration with Shopify was fabulous, it made things so much easier. Shopify allows us to use discount codes, which is an important marketing tool for us. And we now use our Shopify webstore as our website, saving us some money and making it easier for us to update our own content.

Pros

We can offer custom portals to our corporate clients. Students can print their Certificate of Completion from their Training Plan.

Cons

The per-head registration fee is the same, regardless of the size of the price of the course, but I think this is more our problem than theirs!

Hal R.

Reviewed on 2015/11/02

I have been involved in LMS procurement for 15 years for organizations in the public, private and inter-governmental sectors. In my role as COO of Blue House Energy I have been using Firmwater for three years. We chose Firmwater after a detailed review of options,

For a training company/organization, Firmwater is the best I have reviewed or used.

Pros

Very quick and personalized support
Quick uploads
Ability to create private brand labeled sites (known as “clients”)
Grant content from a “master” to “clients”, enabling automatic content update
Supports locations and departments
Many email contact options, including customization of email messages
Various options for user setup
Ideal for certificates and certifications (including customized certificates of achievement)
Logical user interface and process for content management

Cons

Need more backend functions accessible to the user interface (in process)
Would be nice to have a "lite" LCMS that supports version control
Upgraded user interface for reports and help

Doug D.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Positive Experience

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

I've been intimately involved in the implementation/launch of the Firmwater LMS with our company. Firmwaters' level of communication has always been dependable and solution driven. Our company business model is slightly unconventional, with many custom needs. Firmwater has continually stepped up to the challenge and satisfactorily delivered solutions that has kept us moving forward. Before Firmwater, we encountered numerous tech support calls on a daily basis. Since the launch of the Firmwater LMS, our calls have virtually ceased.

Pros

The ease of use and reliability. Very little overhead with a learning curve that is palatable.

Cons

Our business model requires we maintain very detailed records of user results. Most rapid e-Learning publication tools do not offer the level of data we need to export. Firmwater has worked with us to ensure this critical information is captured from the third party software we are currently using. A quiz building engine that offers detailed reporting is something we eagerly await from Firmwater. We'll be the first on board as soon as this is available.

Response from Firmwater

Doug,

Thank you so much for your kind words!
We are very pleased to hear that we could help Compliance Solutions reach the goal of lowering tech support calls.

We have been working closely with you to integrate with your existing systems and processes. We are looking forward to adding more valuable LMS features in the future that will help you streamline processes further and help you grow your business.

Thank you for choosing us!

The Firmwater Team

Elissa G.
  • Industry: Publishing

Five Years of Great Support

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

My company has used Firmwater's LMS for more than five years. As a frontline customer service rep, I've relied on Firmwater's support in many different and often complex situations. The Firmwater staff has always been routinely responsive and helpful, even providing clear coaching for simple solutions I learned to handle (without a technical background). I couldn't ask for better service for us and our clients!

Pros

The software is easy to use for clients and staff.

Cons

Firmwater's LMS is my only experience using an LMS, so I don't have anything to compare it to. In other words, I can't come up with any cons.

Response from Firmwater

Hi Elissa,

Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves on our customer support and always try to provide the best personalized service possible. We're glad to know that we have been able to successfully address your business needs.

It's been a pleasure working with you.

Daniel S.

Bit of a Learning Curve, but Excellent Software.

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Pros

This is very easy to navigate, but it does have a bit of a learning curve when getting started like anything else. Our company found it pretty easy to adapt to, and constantly use it today.

Cons

The hardest part of acquisition and utilizing any new piece of software is the learning curve. The other piece to that is the resources teaching and explaining to the rest of the company how to use it. Over all, these "negatives" really are just part of any new journey. Great work.

Maura S.

Best Technical, Best Service

Reviewed on 2015/10/22

The Firmwater LMS has exceeded our expectations for technical capabilities, ease of use and support from their team. Every single support need we have had (all relating to our learning curve) has been addressed very quickly and comprehensively. This team has made our transition to an e-learning platform seamless. Can't say enough good things about Firmwater and their LMS.

Pros

Simple to set up. Simple to navigate. Best-in-class support!

Myda E.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Powerful LMS with Excellent Customer Support

Reviewed on 2015/11/02

We took our time deciding on a LMS to support an online training program we had developed for the offshore industry. Firmwater impressed us pre-sale with their help making sure their product was a good fit for our program via product demonstration, multiple phone calls, and access to a demo version. The LMS has a very clean design, is easy to use, and for newbies (like us) had really excellent customer service when we did have any questions.

We really like the client portal feature, and the Shopify integration was a huge bonus. We are very happy with our decision to go with Firmwater and highly recommend their product.

Doug T.

Reviewed on 2010/07/12

The Firmwater team is dedicated to providing an excellent experience for our students and for the administrators. The customer service is fast, reliable and personal and they have been willing to meet our special needs as they have arisen quickly.

Pros

The Firmwater LMS is easy and simple for our students to navigate. It delivers full motion video without a hitch and has proved extremely reliable. It is also easy for our staff to navigate with fast search functions and easy setup of new students and new courses. The pricing structure allowed us to get started easily and maintain competitiveness in our market.

Cons

There really are none.

Garry A.

Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors (CANSI)

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

Firmwater built a website for CANSI and enhanced their LMS application to support our requirements including data on instructors, courses, membership / course payments, interface to PayPal and updates to certifications based on taking courses. They did an excellent job of understanding our requirements and building everything to meet those requirements. Ongoing support is both responsive and excellent.

Response from Firmwater

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! Our team is always delighted to work with CANSI and are happy to hear that you think of us positively. You have truly been a great partner of Firmwater.