Good overall, but could use a few tweaks

Reviewed on 2017/04/25

Pros

Jobvite is one of the more competitively priced recruiting systems out there. There are premium products out there that I loved, however they would have cost almost twice as much as Jobvite, which I couldn't justify for probably 10% better functionality. It's super easy to use from both a recruiter standpoint as well as an admin standpoint. The key feature of sending Jobvites makes it super easy for employees to send out (and for us to track) referrals. As an admin, I LOVE the ability to chat with a tech support person from the tool vs. calling and being on hold for hours, only to be read to from a script vs. speaking with someone who can problem solve.

Cons

Jobvite emails come from the Jobvite email address and do not allow you to embed a signature. Because of this, we do not use Jobvite for candidate communications (other than the standard "thanks for applying" email that all applicants receive. There's also no way to BCC Jobvite to track these external emails in the system. We are a smaller company (350) and our recruiters are more senior, however this could be a deal breaker for a company that uses coordinators that require more oversight.

While you can customize most of the templates, there are some that are embedded in the system that you can't change that contain awkward and stilted wording. One of them contained a grammatical error and felt it reflected on us so poorly (we're a content marketing agency) we had to disable the feature entirely.

There's also a limit to the number of the columns that can appear in the search field, so we aren't able to view all of our custom fields verifying an applicant's suitability up front, which makes the process more time consuming for recruiters as they have to view more applications one at a time.

Also, they occasionally have updates which take the product backward instead of forward, such as removing the job alerts email feature.

I know it sounds like there are more cons than pros, but the ease of use and customer support is 100% more important than all of the cons.

Richard M.

State of the art social media recruiting platform with a lackluster recruiting workflow.

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Pros

The Social Media platform integration is still best in class. It works well and allows easy visibility for your company's jobs across all social media platforms.

Cons

There are several things, but the actual ATS part of the system seems to have been designed as an afterthought. The workflow is not intuitive and there are too many features that just are not there for a modern search firm, and I imagine it would be very frustrating for an internal corporate recruiter as well. The worst feature though is their enforced branding through email. If you use Jobvite, every time you send an email through their platform it will go out with a jobvite.com email address. This means that many of your candidates will just not see the emails you send because their junk mail filters are picking up the jobvite.com email address as spam because they have a very high junk mail score and also because the word job is in the email address. When I used Jobvite as a corporate recruiter, I was constantly having to call candidates to see if they had received my emails and when I found out they had not I was resending messages from outside of Jobvite. When I called Jobvite, they said this was not a feature that could be easily turned off, and that the only way to do this was for our sys admins to make changes to the company domain settings and if your admins are like mine, they are not going near that with a 10 foot pole. This an idiotic feature and a deal killer for anyone in the recruiting industry.

• Industry: Online Media

Great ATS that's Constantly Improving

Reviewed on 2020/11/26

Overall I have had a good experience with Jobvite and I really like how we are able to post positions simultaneously to all the best job boards.

Pros

It's great for applicant tracking as well as automating certain things like candidate scheduling, mass messaging, and resume review. Publisher is also great for automating LinkedIn posts that advertise positions. We recently started using engage which allows us to setup web/email marketing campaigns which is a great feature for targeting niche candidates like people in tech.

Cons

When I email candidates via Jobvite, all of their messages are attached to the same email which can sometimes be confusing and has caused me to miss emails from them when they all come in at the same time. I also wish that Jobvite had a function where the HR team could approve the offer letter once it has been generated before it gets sent to the candidate.

Alexander H.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Intuitive, Common Sense-Based, Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

I'm using Jobvite to enter candidates that I have sourced on LinkedIn for a number of similarly-defined sales jobs. I am mainly only using the simple, common features of Jobvite, but it's been very effective for these functions. I love the speed and simplicity.

Pros

The Jobvite platform is very simplistic and was easy to learn. In only a day or two, I was able to effortlessly add and update candidates, view requisitions, send candidate emails, write internal notes and perform other functions. I am still learning the finer points about Jobvite, but so far those other features have worked well, too. The software is very fast - far faster loading times than other ATS systems I've used.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to scan different requisitions based on location and other details. We have a number of requisitions that look almost identical except for their req number, and it's difficult to sort them out at times.

Response from Jobvite

Hi Alexander, thank you so much! We appreciate having you as a customer! For your search concern, Candidate search supports full Boolean search terms and can also be limited to searching on only specified requisitions per search. There are also reporting options that might assist, but the search is quite powerful and will search resume contents as well if the All (Keyword) search option is used. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you need additional help with this.

Alan S.

Very strong product

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

It does exactly what we needed it to do.

Pros

Very easy to set up and get going with it.

Cons

I have no complaints about Jobvite other than I wish it was a bit less expensive.

Response from Jobvite

Alan, thank you so much! We appreciate you!

Gina G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Jobvite has improved our Talent Acquisition functions!

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

I would recommend Jobvite to any one in my network!

Pros

Jobvite has so many platforms available for integration. We currently use Jobvite for our Talent Acquisition team and also for our new hire onboarding. Both of these features have improved our processes. The customer service is also EXCELLENT!

Cons

The system can sometimes be finicky and changes will happen with little to no explanation. Our customer service rep is always able and willing to help resolve the issues, but it would be helpful if they didn't happen in the first place!

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

None of the Job posting platform is this much simple as Jobvite

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Pros

I was devastated during my job search, you have to go through 6 different pages and
fill 1000 question answers for no reason, then you race , color, nation, veteran, non veteran,
and may other things that may have the relevancy but in later phase, not in just apply.
And then came,jobvite, easy one page job post application, you can apply in 2 minutes.
I will definitely recommend jobvite

Cons

Nothing in comparison of other tools in market.

Dan H.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great ATS!!

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

I use JobVite on a daily basis. It's easy to use and very intuitive in the user interface. I've worked with several ATS's over the years and JobVite has been one of the best. It makes my job easier as a recruiter.

Pros

JobVite is easy to pick up and use. Lots of bells and whistles-being able to integrate notes and data between LinkedIn Recruiter accounts and post to LinkedIn is a great feature! I also like being able to parse resumes and send people links to apply to roles directly from the req I am viewing.

Cons

Sometimes switching between screens could be a little easier but it's not that big of a deal. I am sure there are shortcuts that I don't know about but it hasn't hindered me enough to research it further.

Response from Jobvite

Dan, Thank you so much for being a Jobvite customer! We really appreciate you.

Spencer E.

Great for applicants, not so great for recruiters and administrators

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

I was asked to implement Jobvite at my company. We were a small tech company that was expecting to grow rapidly and needed an applicant tracking system that could scale with us. Once Jobvite was implemented I was the administrator. Recruiters often came to me frustrated because of the complexity of the tool.

Pros

Jobvite does a great job at putting your open positions on your company website and making it look very professional. The applicant experience is simple! Applying for a job via Jobvite is quick and easy. Jobvite makes sharing jobs opening simple.

Cons

From an administrator perspective Jobvite was very complicated. The navigation was tricky and time consuming. Jobvite had many capabilities, but figuring them out was hard. Customer support was not very helpful.

Colleen R.

Using Jobvite

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Helps with recruiting - Hiring managers and sometimes applicants are having a harder time working with the program.

Pros

The jobvites that can be sent out to contacts

Cons

Hiring managers struggle with this software

Response from Jobvite

Colleen, thank you for being a Jobvite customer! We appreciate you so much!

Kyle B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great tool for working with candidates

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Pros

Have used Jobvite when working with a few nonprofits to select and screen applicants. Like many of the tools out there, it has a very intuitive interface and lots of good content for your hiring and human resources management professionals

Cons

Sometimes the system can be clunky from the manager and admin standpoint. Candidates and first line users have not really complained.

Melissa W.

Great ATS for good value

Reviewed on 2017/06/12

Pros

Product is easy to use and navigate, stores a lot of candidate information, easy to send out correspondence and schedule interviews with candidates. Hiring managers and executives find it easy to use with very little instruction.

Geri T.

Great ATS

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

Great help/training resources

Cons

UI could be improved
Integration with more 3rd parties (WebEx, Zoom, AdobeSign)

Response from Jobvite

Geri, thank you so much for being a customer. We appreciate you!

Gongwon A.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Pros & Cons using Jobvite

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

I am using Jobvite for all the hiring process.

Pros

It was really easy to post hiring ads by using JOBVITE. That was great to see my ads in different hiring websites like indeed, linkedin throughout JOBVITE.

Cons

To be honest, There is nothing to improve to me.

Response from Jobvite

Gongwon, we are so happy you're happy with Jobvite! We're thankful to have you as a customer.

Jason T.

Good ATS for most companies

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

There are so many ATS options in the market right now, so for an ATS to truly stand out it needs to be superb. Jobvite gets the job done, but doesn't have as many features as some of the more well known systems like Greenhouse.

Pros

Allows Recruiters and Hiring Managers to review, respond, and collaborate on applicants and candidates.

Cons

A little clunky at times, sometimes it would have lag time.

• Used Other for 2+ years

I get confused most times I use it

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Referral for open jobs works ok. i also use it for hiring on my team.

Pros

This is how I can submit colleagues for referral to an open position. I like how I can see the status of the referral at a glance.

Cons

Referral can't happen except through a narrow funnel. Usually I find the job and try to refer from there...but I don't think it works that way. I have to relearn it each month or quarter I use it.

Response from Jobvite

Thank you for being a Jobvite user! Feel free to connect with our Customer Success team to learn some tips and tricks about the system to make it easier for you to use Jobvite!

Mai M.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Great expereince

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Very good experience and many functions which suit different needs

Pros

User friendly, and the features which are added to build pipelines is helpful.

Cons

We cannot post bilingual roles easily -

Response from Jobvite

Thank you so much, Mai! We appreciate you! Feel free to reach out to our CS team to work through an easier process for bilingual roles.

Nicole M.

Useful Applicant Tracking System

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

We moved from Jobvite to Lever while I was on the recruiting team.

Pros

Jobvite was useful for keeping track of the status of requisitions. The status of reqs was easy to identify

Cons

It was difficult to have a candidate-focused perspective when moving candidates through the recruitment process.

Great service, ability to build the functionality the way we need it to be.

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

Pros

I like that all of the communication with the candidate is tracked for ease of understanding where the candidate is in process and who has communicated with them.

Cons

What I like least about the Jobvite is that the onboarding function is clunky with the 'tasks'-and the alerts can't be customized as much as we need.

Nikki J.
  • Industry: Media Production

Easy, reliable and straight forward

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

Pros

Jobvite is so easy to use! It's great for adding candidate to multiply reqs that allows you to see what other roles the candidate may have applied for. The function of being able to see there CV on the system is also great meaning that i can share this with the rest of team.

Cons

Minor bug issues that need fixing but the team at jobvite are on board and ready to help. Occasionally logging in can cause some issues but nothing a quick email has fixed.

A decent experience

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

I am user and overall experience is good. I can refer my friends or ex colleagues and without asking anyone check the status of the interview process.

Pros

1. Finding application is easy because the search option is so effective
2. Searching application based upon region vise make easy
3. Upload resume option which auto populates the require details in the profile saves lot of time
4. Like the chat bot to get answer of any urgent help
5. Once the profile is uploaded email is sent to both candidate and person who applies which justify authenticity

Cons

1. Not sure how, but sometimes the profile gets disappear from my referral. I need to ask admins to for the follow up on profile.

2. Also if the profile is selected or rejected I am not able to see that. I have to ask HR for that.

Jeremy C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Inherited Jobvite

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

I'm the head of HR, use Jobvite for recruitment and applicant processing, train others on the system and handle admin across the business

Pros

Not much... I inherited it and want to get rid of it as soon as convenient

Cons

Clunky UX from dashboard on to all other pages
Busy pages that make logical next steps tricky to figure out
Way too much use of the same color text, background, frames
Menu and category titles aren't intuitive
Not up to 2018 standards, hard for new users to pick up
Messaging and calendar functions don't tie seamlessly to Gmail or Outlook
Too many clicks to get through simple 1- or 2-process steps
...did I mention it's not intuitive? I've used Paychex, ADP, Salesforce... Jobvite is just very clunky, needs some serious streamlining and UX attention

Wendy K.

Good. Customer service team can be very helpful.

Reviewed on 2017/10/23

Pros

While our company has the basics, it attracts resumes through a lot of job boards. Even though I cannot upgrade right now, it is good to know Jobvite keeps competitive.

Cons

There are times I find it difficult to navigate through the site to find specific tools or sometimes not sure if Jobvite have what I am looking for. Also, a couple of months ago, I had a hard time getting through to customer service and that included no one responding to even chat.

Kelsey M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Really Changed!

Reviewed on 2017/07/21

Pros

-better search filters
-easier access to quickly change candidate statuses
-better overall UI, clean and simple and not as clunky as before!

Cons

-'CCing someone in a message does not follow through to replied messages
-can't assign a task to more than one person

Bobbijo S.

Great!

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

Very pleased

Pros

Ease of navigation, dashboard, very user friendly

Cons

Nothing at this point. Easy to use, easy to train hiring managers on.

Response from Jobvite

Thank you so much for being a Jobvite customer! We appreciate you so much!