CaseFox

Happy Client

Reviewed on 2020/10/25

Excellent

Excellent

Pros

It seems to do everything we need. Customer Support is top notch. Quick, reliable, and very responsive if an issue or question arrises. Casefox team is always improving the product.

Cons

I would like to be able to rearrange the user interface a bit. That might not be possible or it could be cost prohibitive. It works fine the way it is, but you asked.

Response from CaseFox

The team here at CaseFox is thrilled to hear such good feedback from clients like you. We are motivated to make our product better and more responsive day by day. Thankyou.

Racheal

Affordable and Easy to use

Professional, easy to use, easy to train, app on phone so I don’t miss billing

Professional, easy to use, easy to train, app on phone so I don’t miss billing

Pros

I Was very intimidated by all of the software out there and I needed some thing that was gonna be easy to use for all employees. There’s even an app on my phone that makes it even easier to use if I’m out and about or at the courthouse. Love this product

Cons

Billing took some practice and having to write off some amounts because clients don’t pay, appears as income

Walter

What the heck happened?

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

Awesome until December 31, now miserable.

Awesome until December 31, now miserable.

Pros

Nothing. I am writing the rest of this to fulfill the minimum text requirement.

Cons

The interface changed and its completely unusable, clunky, unworthy, and confusing. If I could fire Casefox today, I would, but you have all my data, so I I can't.

Response from CaseFox

Nothing has changed. We have two user interfaces running in parallel and the new one provides better performance and many new features have been added. Basic layout is the same. Not sure what the issue here. There is a switch to switch to either one of the interfaces. We work hard to provide a feature rich and much affordable software and last several years we have had almost 100% up time and excellent customer service. This review is uncalled for because no issue has been described. Perhaps the user accidentally switched to the new interface and got startled. And instead of asking us, started posting negative reviews on social media and here. It would have taken just a few seconds to ask us how to switch back to the old interface if the switch to classic button were not easily visible in the upper right corner.

Tom

Fantastic service

Reviewed on 2022/09/06

Pros

Anytime I have had a request for help or asked about a report or option, the support staff has been exceptional. They have created special reports for me and "corrected" a couple of items when I accidentally hit an incorrect command

Cons

My overall experience has been great. They have responded quickly and the reports I have been able to generate help me on a daily basis drive the financial portion of the business

Response from CaseFox

Thanks for your valuable feedback, Tom!

Peter

EASY AND EFFICIENT WAY TO KEEP TRACK OF ATTORNEY BILLING

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Pros

CAN ACCESS FROM ANYWHERE-EASILY ABLE TO IMPORT DOCUMENTS TO THE INVOICE-EASY TO TRANSFER TO CLIENTS. GOOD VALUE FOR THE PRICE SUPPORT IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE

Cons

WOULD LIKE AN AUTOMATIC BACK UP TO THE CLOUD

Response from CaseFox

Thank you for your candid review. We really appreciate hearing both pros and cons and we consistently make improvements based on feedbacks we receive from our esteemed customers. BTW, if a dropbox or box account is linked to your CaseFox account, daily/monthly backups are automatically and transparently stored in your own cloud storage account.

Whitney

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Pros

I use CaseFox every day. It has revolutionized the way I manage my practice's billing and accounting as well as utilized daily to remind me of tasks on my to-do list. Allows me to track time spent on a particular project with ease.

Cons

The only change I would request is that, when two people are sharing the costs of my work, I would like ot be able to re-allocate expenses to just one person at times.

Yvonne

Great Time Tracking for Small Legal Firms

Reviewed on 2021/12/16

Affordable and easy to use especially for small firms.

Affordable and easy to use especially for small firms.

Pros

This application is affordable, easy to use, and to implement for a small firm that does not need expensive and time-consuming software.

Cons

The accounting features are not robust. I only use the billing and time-keeping functions.

Response from CaseFox

Thank you so much for reviewing us, Yvonne. It means a lot to us and is really crucial for our growth!

Cheers!

• Used for 1+ year

Very Good Option for Start-up Law Firm

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

I would rate my experience fairly positively. Again, it is a great option for a start-up firm because of the pricing and flexibility. But once your firm grows up, you may want to find a more stable and more professional billing program.

Pros

We did many head-to-head price/functionality comparisons when my partners and I launched our law firm. Casefox's pricing and functionality could not be beat by anyone. We ended up using Casefox for the first 15 months of our practice as we continued to expand our team and our client base. Casefox allowed us to structure billing options the way we wanted, and it easily tracked payments made from our trust account, etc.

Cons

Three things: there are typos, the bills looked rather unprofessional, and it often glitches! You can tell that it is created and managed by an offshore team because of the English typos. We eventually switched from Casefox to Leanlaw because Leanlaw had a more professional billing system and easily linked to Quickbooks (our accounting software).

Brennan
  • Industry: Law Practice

Works well and doesn't require a lot of attention

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Pros

Allows submission of LEDES format invoices. Works well for recording time and generating invoices. Easy to add and remove users and have different rates for different clients and matters.

Cons

Wish the invoices could be customized. Sometimes the Word output invoices require some formatting work before finalized.

John

Best Software for The Money

Reviewed on 2021/07/22

I am very happy with casefox and recommend it to anyone, especially small firms.

Pros

Easy to use, fits many different electronic billings, requires little training to use and understand, and clients have been happy with performance

Cons

The to do list should be just a list not tied to a period

Response from CaseFox

Thank you so much for taking out your valuable time and providing us with this 5-star review. Really appreciated!

Regards,
CaseFox Team

Troy

Great Alternative Software to Expensive Competitors

Reviewed on 2022/01/08

Would recommend, has most of the necessary tools to successfully run a law practice.

Pros

Pricing is much more reasonable compared to competitors. Support is always responsive and great.

Cons

The tasks features are lacking compared to other software.

Response from CaseFox

Thank you, Troy, for reviewing us here. It means a lot and we definitely would like to improve on the areas you suggested.

Happy Lawyering!
Team CaseFox

Teresa
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Increased accuracy of my billing tremendously

Reviewed on 2021/01/02

Pros

As a solo practitioner that only takes a few cases a year, the time tracking and billing features were very important to me. My past practice has been to simply write off any time that I did not record simultaneously because of concerns that any estimate or memory would be inaccurate. The app for CaseFox makes it very easy to record time using its timer and other uses. The invoices are accurate and come out looking very professional. It also tracks my trust account and reflects additions and withdrawals from the account for the clients.

Cons

The online training was weak, but the program is reasonably intuitive and has good examples.

Response from CaseFox

Hey Teresa, Thank you for your kind words
We'll really appreciate lawyers like you taking out their valuable time and write something good for us.
For improvements, we would work on the customer support and the online training which you suggested.
Once again, thank you

Saifullah

Its a good product.

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

It has made things easy for me, although I m not a lawyer but I have learned it very soon.

Pros

Casefox is easy to use and is user friendly.

Cons

The case category reporting should be developed further.

Samantha
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy to navigate and comprehend

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Pros

I really enjoy how easy it is to navigate around the pages and how easy it is to understand what things are. If you aren't sure what something is, there is always the icon that helps explain the feature. I love this software.

Cons

At this time, I don't have any cons. It's all pretty great.

Darell

One of The Best Programs I've Used

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

My experience with this program was one that I did not have to think twice about upgrading. I knew right away that it was what I have been looking for in reference to tracking time, expenses and overall productivity.

Pros

It is so easy to use. It doesn't require weeks of study or taking a course to try to figure it out. I don't have a lot of time for reading manuals and trying to figure things out. I needed something I could jump right into and this was it. I use it all day every day,

Cons

I can't think of anything that this program lacks at this time.

Response from CaseFox

Thankyou Darell for such a heartful recognition. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

Mateus

I love CaseFox, but I wanted it in Portuguese

Reviewed on 2017/01/01

I am trying to fully use CaseFox for my firm. The only problem I am having is that this brilliant software is no translated into the Portuguese language, my county's language. I have translated the invoice text, but these settings apply only to simple PDF invoice format which is not good to be presented to clients. Simple PDF is the just very bad format.

Pros

Just a very good software.

Cons

No language options. No Portuguese language. This makes it difficult for me to use the software for invoicing as I cannot present reports or invoices in English in my country

Chistine

Need better reporting options

Reviewed on 2022/03/18

Pros

It is pretty easy to find transaction online for tracking of trust receipts and payments.

Cons

The reporting is very limited. I need to get a revenue report by state for tax reasons. I'm not able to get this information form CaseFox. I have to download and excel file then check each client to see what state they are in.

Response from CaseFox

Thank you so much, Christine for your valuable feedback. We will surely work on the feedback you suggested and come up with the features to help you better!

Julie

Good Affordable Billing System

Reviewed on 2015/09/22

Overall, a good and affordable solution for legal services billing. Easy to use and produces many useful reports including reports that can be imported into Quick books. Things we would change: the bills update in real time, so if you want to know what you actually sent to a client, you need to keep a hard copy. Also, you cannot search by bill number, which is frustrating.

Response from CaseFox

Thank you for your feedback. Invoices can be searched by numbers on the Dashboard. Also, more preferred way is to simply go to the matter where you will see all invoices right upfront. When an invoice is edited, yes the invoice is updated in real time. Keeping old copies of invoices would unnecessarily complicate the user interface and cause confusion and will be prone to mistakes as a user may actually send a wrong version of invoice to client.

Jim

This is the greatest improvement to the operation of our practice the last five years.

Reviewed on 2015/10/12

We have twenty two consultants located around the US and Europe. We had been preparing invoices on our own spreadsheet system and missing a lot of hours.

The system is so easy to access that today I am confident that all time charges are made.

Invoice preparation is really simple and the product is professional and beautiful.

Raj was most helpful in modifying our application since we are not a law firm. We are a tax resolution company with special needs and nomenclature. He was very responsive and the result is totally satisfactory. When I read similar evaluations of products like this I didn't always believe them. This is real. My email address is [email protected]

Write me if I can be of any help to you.

Martin

SCAM

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Cons

Software is elementary. When I signed up I asked a lot of questions which were answered to my satisfaction and then approximately one (1) month later I found out that they lied about everything. I wouldn't use this software if it were free. You are better off to avoid CaseFox. They are slick like a fax but only to their customers.

Response from CaseFox

Sorry but not sure what this is about. We are not sure what we lied about. No where it is mentioned that the full use of the software is free. It is funny that this gentleman says he wouldn't use the software even if it is free but he wanted us to allow him to use it for free forever and when the request was declined, he got upset and wrote this review. Apparently the gentleman likes to make mockery of himself and his law office in public.

Janice

No Customer Service

Reviewed on 2022/08/15

Horrible

Horrible

Pros

After 30 years in practice. Worst Customer Service ever.

Cons

No help. I was floating out there with thousands of dollars at stake.

Jeffrey

Powerful, Intuitive Case Management and Billing Software

Reviewed on 2015/09/22

After struggling for years with TimeSlips, I got fed up and figured there had to be better options out there. I found CaseFox and haven't looked back. We used the initial, free version to test on several clients for 5 months, and on-boarded our entire client list on the first day of the New Year. CaseFox is easy, accessible, powerful, flexible, and affordable. I almost never review/rate products, but at every turn CaseFox has provided the solutions we've needed. In over a year, CaseFox has never disappointed!

Clifford

Great software that is constantly improving

Reviewed on 2015/10/02

I have been using CaseFox for some time now. The price is perfect for a smaller firm that needs access for more than one person. I don't have to think about the additional cost in providing a part-time employee access, because there is no cost. I have used Rocket Matter and Clio, and was not very happy with either. Due to their cost and problems I had with their functionality, I was in the process of developing my own software when someone recommended CaseFox. I am glad they did.

Michael

Very Impressive

Reviewed on 2017/02/20

Very impressive and excellent value for money. I would make one recommendation---short online videos explaining how different features operate (instead of written explanations).

Response from CaseFox

Thank you for your review. We are working on a new user interface and once the new user interface is deployed, we will also make new videos. We do have some training videos on the Demo page and also in YouTube for the current user interface.

Boaz

Easy, affordable bare bones billing program

Reviewed on 2015/02/04

Casefox is a user friendly low cost alternative cloud based time and billing program with some very useful features such as integration with google contacts, calendar and tasks, batch invoicing, and conversion to zero and quickbooks. My staff can work remotely with ease. Its everything you need in a billing program without the expensive, unnecessary frills. Customer service is also excellent. I highly recommend this product,