CaseFox

Web-based legal billing software for lawyers, CPAs, & more

Jill F.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Awesome software for home businesses

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

I have been using Casefox for approximately 3 years now. I have had no major issues with the software that wasn't fixable by Casefox immediately. The price is more than reasonable for all the flexibility you get in this software. It tracks everything. I also love the capabilities of making the invoices my own and tracking my own file numbers plus entering all trust funds right into Casefox. It helps me with my daily run of my business in the legal field and I highly recommend this software to any small business. The best part is going on vacation and having the ability to login from any wifi free establishment with ease. Thank you Casefox for making my business run smoothly. Your Customer Support is awesome and very kind. They have always been able to help me and it's not because your software has malfunctioned; if I have a question on how to do something within Casefox and do not understand the help tutorial; you are there to assist. I appreciate that!

Pros

The functionality of the software and I can access it anywhere at any time with a wifi connection. I am also able to format the things that I need; file numbers, backdating, and especially being able to track with my calendar is great.

Cons

I wish you could upload all of my emails and documents to casefox to keep all files together; I have to have a separate drive for that (Google Drive), it isn't making me leave the software but it would be helpful if your software could have downloadable capabilities of all file types; pdf especially. I would like to able to open the client's file and all the documentation that is associated with that client. I would also like the capability to streamline the Invoice fields to the names of what I know. For example Government #: we don't have a government number except for hst/gst and that has to be at the end of the invoice anyway. But I would love to change the field to Court Location.

Peter V.

EASY AND EFFICIENT WAY TO KEEP TRACK OF ATTORNEY BILLING

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Pros

CAN ACCESS FROM ANYWHERE-EASILY ABLE TO IMPORT DOCUMENTS TO THE INVOICE-EASY TO TRANSFER TO CLIENTS. GOOD VALUE FOR THE PRICE SUPPORT IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE

Cons

WOULD LIKE AN AUTOMATIC BACK UP TO THE CLOUD

Response from CaseFox

Thank you for your candid review. We really appreciate hearing both pros and cons and we consistently make improvements based on feedbacks we receive from our esteemed customers. BTW, if a dropbox or box account is linked to your CaseFox account, daily/monthly backups are automatically and transparently stored in your own cloud storage account.

Brennan R.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Works well and doesn't require a lot of attention

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Pros

Allows submission of LEDES format invoices. Works well for recording time and generating invoices. Easy to add and remove users and have different rates for different clients and matters.

Cons

Wish the invoices could be customized. Sometimes the Word output invoices require some formatting work before finalized.

Eric C.

Amazing product and value

Reviewed on 2016/09/14

Super functional yet incredibly simple. Support is amazing and quick with responses. Developer is incredibly open to adding new functionality.

Pros

Simplicity of use even though it contains the functionality of much more complex and expensive packages. The price is perfect for the solo and small firm practice

Cons

Nothing

Mateus M.

I love CaseFox, but I wanted it in Portuguese

Reviewed on 2017/01/01

I am trying to fully use CaseFox for my firm. The only problem I am having is that this brilliant software is no translated into the Portuguese language, my county's language. I have translated the invoice text, but these settings apply only to simple PDF invoice format which is not good to be presented to clients. Simple PDF is the just very bad format.

Pros

Just a very good software.

Cons

No language options. No Portuguese language. This makes it difficult for me to use the software for invoicing as I cannot present reports or invoices in English in my country

Pablo A.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Big service for little money

Great!

Pros

I've used other software companies in other firms and I wanted to be careful with my initial expenses when I opened my own firm. I came across casefox and began using it for its price. I've been now using it and recommending it, not just for the price, but also for the service and easy platform. Thank you!

Cons

I found that the check printing feature is not very friendly.

Kristine E.

So helpful!

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

Streamlined time/expense entries, accounting info, etc.

Pros

We are a small firm but I asked a ton of questions and the support team was always there, going above and beyond what I ever expected. Switching software can be a nightmare but they definitely are there to help keep things in order. Highly recommend!

Cons

For our firm the use of cases/clients can be confusing but I can see how it would be helpful for other firm types.

Paul D.

Just what we needed..!!

Reviewed on 2015/04/25

After searching all over for a platform for our business (Transport Consultants) we came across CaseFox.. Now as a small business we first thought that we would have to spend weeks populating and learning the process, but it was the complete opposite.. The process was simple and easy to use.. The staff implementation time was no time at all and now we are going to be making the best use of our time.. Concentrating on the core business.. I would recommend that you give this platform a try.. You never know you just might like it and you will be more productive as a result..

Jeffrey J.

Powerful, Intuitive Case Management and Billing Software

Reviewed on 2015/09/22

After struggling for years with TimeSlips, I got fed up and figured there had to be better options out there. I found CaseFox and haven't looked back. We used the initial, free version to test on several clients for 5 months, and on-boarded our entire client list on the first day of the New Year. CaseFox is easy, accessible, powerful, flexible, and affordable. I almost never review/rate products, but at every turn CaseFox has provided the solutions we've needed. In over a year, CaseFox has never disappointed!

Murtaza S.

Very good software (use it for billing and invoicing, and tracking lawyers' times).

Reviewed on 2015/09/23

Pros:
1. Easy to use, easy to train staff
2. No downtime issues, available at all times
3. Very reasonably priced (esp. compared to other providers)
4. Partners have visibility of the entire firm in a button

Cons
1. Back-end document management system & integration could be better -- only shows main folder, not subfolders
2. Would be nice to have more 3rd party integration
3. Software updates are a bit spontaneous

Overall -- great software, and we are happy to use it!

Hyrum M.

Very powerful tool with just a little bit of experience.

Reviewed on 2015/09/24

This is an excellent tool for all of my case tracking and organization. It is slightly complicated, but don't let that scare you. Complexity should be expected in any product that has the ability to handle case management, hour tracking, client billing, and all of the other day to day responsibilities of a law office. If you take the complexity out you lose flexibility and usefulness, and with only a few hours of use I was able to fly through menus and do exactly what I wanted.

Sam E.

We switched to this software and its unbelievable the ease in billing.

Reviewed on 2018/01/20

Pros

Its simple to use and the app is very simple. Its tracks all your billing with complete simplicity.

Boaz W.

Easy, affordable bare bones billing program

Reviewed on 2015/02/04

Casefox is a user friendly low cost alternative cloud based time and billing program with some very useful features such as integration with google contacts, calendar and tasks, batch invoicing, and conversion to zero and quickbooks. My staff can work remotely with ease. Its everything you need in a billing program without the expensive, unnecessary frills. Customer service is also excellent. I highly recommend this product,

Jeff B.

Works well

Reviewed on 2015/09/22

Can access from any PC or Mac. Constantly being improved.

Daniel C.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

With some tweaks, CaseFox would work better for forensic investigators and expert witnesses.

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

I have only experience one system outage in the 2+ years I have been using the software. Unfortunately, such an occurrence happens at the most inconvenient times.

Pros

The linkages within the software allow it to play well in the office tools environment. Integrations to MSOffice, Quickbooks and Dropbox are well accepted.

Cons

The tool would be much more flexible if there were two environments for the lawyer and the expert. There are a number of tasks that the forensic expert does not need to interface with but many of the tasks overlap with the legal side and it would be nice to have a way to eliminate the ones of no interest.

I also find the expert is often retained by a third-party and works for the lawyer, but invoices the third-party. The software data model does not appreciate this scenario. The work arounds are kludgy.

Response from CaseFox

Thank you Daniel for this helpful review, we appreciate the fact that you spared your time out to review us with such details. We would surely work on the same as mentioned by you.

• Industry: Law Practice

Way better than the ones I have used

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Pros

I practice intellectual property and love all of the customization that Casefox provides. I have used leading industry products and used to get frustrated with how few features relate to IP. Casefox offers the ability to customize the invoices, billing codes, the case information and offers great bang for buck. Once I figured out how the invoices can be set up so that payments are reflected on my trust and operating account, bookkeeping got even better.

Cons

While Casefox does offer the option of selecting a more modern looking interface, the look of the default interface which seemed somewhat messy and old has grown on me over time.

Vincent H.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

Pros

Very happy with this and we use it everyday!

Cons

Took some time to get used to everything.

Response from CaseFox

Thank you so much for your kind words, Vincent. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience here.

Kimbly A.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Just What I Need

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Great!

Pros

This software is reliable and easy use in operating a small business

Cons

pay plus service combined with law pay makes the process between casefox and lawpay unclear.

Andrew C.

The software is very user-friendly and accurate, perfect for a solo practitioner.

Reviewed on 2016/02/04

The only two negatives were: (1) I am not sure that the information always synced between my PC and laptop; and (2) my experience with the trust-fund recordkeeping, which didn't seem to work accurately or easily; I had difficulty keeping the various client funds separate. In other respects Casefox has been a terrific tool for my practice.

Shelby S.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

It was harder to use then we would have liked

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Didn't work well for us we didn't like the complexity that it was. It didnt work for our firm because it was not adaptability for all.

Pros

It worked well to get organized. Which was the only thing we liked about it . but it helped us track files

Cons

It required alot of training to us it with be able to use it with ease. it wasnt very adaptable for others in our lirm

Derrick K.

Helpful With Client Data Importation

Reviewed on 2015/11/12

We are in the midst of importing all of our client data into CaseFox, and while it seems as though that process could be simpler, the customer support team has been fantastic in assisting us throughout this process.

Peter V.

Best Legal Software

Reviewed on 2017/01/20

Case Fox is the best--have tried several others and Case Fox beats them all
It does everything you need and support is always there if needed .

Brian P.

Very simple efficient system to keep time.

Reviewed on 2016/01/21

Keeping track of billable hours is not a chore with CaseFox's intuitive software. I like it a lot!

Stephen R.

Easy to use. Does everything you need and more

Reviewed on 2015/09/23

Great program that is easy to use right out of the box

Tom D.

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

The customer service has been fantastic. Whenever I have a question and submit a ticket, I get a very fast response. They have created a couple unique reports for me that help me do my job more effectively. Cannot say anything negative about their support

Pros

I think it is quite intuitive in finding information. The reports that I use work well for my needs

Cons

No real issues. Cannot comment on anything negative. the new dashboard looks good, although I have used it on a very limited basis

Response from CaseFox

Thank you for your response, it means a lot. Happy lawyers are what we feel is important for a business to grow.