Pointerpro Reviews

Pointerpro

Assessments and surveys that generate personalized reports

Shannon
Shannon
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

So thankful I found Pointerpro!

Reviewed on 2022/10/14

Pros

The ability to customize my questions and scoring logic any way I want, robust formula abilities, and the beautiful and customized pdf's that come out at the end for clients. The support team is amazing and has stuck with me through even the most nitty gritty details of trouble shooting to get my outcome just how I want it.

Cons

As with any software, you have to put the time into getting to know it and understand how it works, so you can make it work for you. Not so much a con as a consideration you will need to take into account when you are deciding to go with this software.

Response from Pointerpro

Thank you for the nice review.
As we want to take into account our customer's feedback, we worked hard on improving our Report Builder feature. Since last week our renewed Report Builder went live.
The drag-and-drop functionality has arrived and everything is way more instinctive and easy on the eyes!
Our team has already prepared several resources for you to allow for an easy start with this exciting new development.

Watch Anna's intro video --> https://www.loom.com/share/732abfc6ec4841f9befe831a76795d8c

Create your first PDF --> https://help.pointerpro.com/en/support/solutions/articles/35000206019-create-your-first-pdf-with-renewed-report-builder

Sarah
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Amazing option if you need an assessment & report

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Pros

The best part about this tool is the reporting and custom scoring functionality. I probably looked at every tool out there to find one that has the functionality to create an assessment that gives the participant a report of their results and it was almost impossible - until I found SurveyAnyplace. Their support team is highly responsive and they also have many helpful instructional videos.

Cons

The user interface isn't as intuitive as some of the more popular/basic tools and there are some occasional glitches but that's probably due to them being a new team, and none of these have created issues with usability.

Reasons for Switching to Pointerpro

The only other tool that had reporting and custom scoring functionality was Qualtrics and the pricing was way too high in comparison to SurveyAnyplace's.
Antonio

Don't like to changes!

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Pros

easy to get reports... i don't have any more to say not many pros:

Cons

hard to create and copy surveys... hard to file old surveys

Response from Pointerpro

Hi Antonio,

Sorry to hear that you found it hard to create and copy surveys. Can you elaborate a bit more on the things you're struggling with? We'd love to help you out.

Amanda
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Professional looking with many features

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

The tests are extremely useful and important to my business. It is exceptionally well presented and that is consistent with my branding.

The customer service is also top-notch which makes such a difference.

Pros

I like the fact that I can use it for feedback surveys, self-assessment tests and questionnaires. The reports are excellent. The presentation is very professional and it is reasonably easy to get up to speed with the creation of each type of 'survey'.

Cons

I would really appreciate the personal branding so that automated emails come from my own domain. This is available but the cost of that for that level of personalisation is out of my budget for the overall usage I can make of the app.

Ian
  • Industry: Design

The best platform for the job

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

We were looking for the best platform to carry out an inbound prospect survey and, to be honest, this was the only tool that had the capabilities we needed. It's pretty easy to set up and does everything we need.

Pros

There are lots of features and it's pretty quick to be up-and-running with a survey. The end-user interface for collecting data looks pretty smart. Help and articles are good, so you can find your way around well. The price is competitive and delivers good value compared to alternatives.

Cons

Whilst good, I think the user interface for administering questionnaires could be better. Building questions is easy but it can be easy to get lost in some of the advanced features.

Typeform

Reasons for Switching to Pointerpro

The range of features on offer meant we could do everything we wanted.
Harley

Good, but could be Great

Reviewed on 2021/08/30

Overall, the Survey Anyplace software is some of the best I have seen and once I get everything figured out I will probably appreciate it even more. Their customer service seems good, but I have not interacted with them much at this point.

Pros

Overall, the software does more than all the others that I looked at and provided the easiest user set-up.

Cons

There are not How-To guides on using the software. You are pretty much on your own to figure everything out, so there is a lot of trial and error. I found myself building a question(s) and then testing it to see how it would look/present. The hardest part is in creating the reports/assessments. Initially, it looked fairly easy to set up, but once I got started it became very apparent that was not the case. Even something as simple as connecting the questionnaire to be used is difficult. If there should be a How-To guide for anything it should be the Reporting/Assessment, but sadly there is not.

Jotform and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to Pointerpro

Had all of the capabilities that i was looking for in being able to build a questionnaire as well as a report/assessment. Seemed the most user friendly.
Nicolas

SurveyAnyPlace... any how, any where and any one.

Reviewed on 2021/09/07

Pros

Flexible questionnaire editing and building, powerful PDF generator

Cons

Lack of multilanguage in Assessment Center.

Google Forms and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to Pointerpro

Flexibility, power, technical and sales team, $$$
Anna
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Easy to create surveys with a great look and feel

Reviewed on 2021/03/05

Really good. Easy to use, great result summaries, can download aggregated or individual responses.

Pros

You can create a professional, stylish survey in no time at all.

Cons

I had some challenges creating flexible questions within the version I have. I worked around that though.

Reasons for Choosing Pointerpro

Could not get a month to month subscription as a returning customer.

Reasons for Switching to Pointerpro

Price and the ability to give it a free trial.
Arpit
  • Used for 1-5 months

Amazing functionality and customer service

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

FANTASTIC. Extremely well design solution, dedicated and efficient team and reasonable commercial plans.

Pros

From selection to demo to setup, it took less than 24 hours. And on deployment for 3000 people, the customer service team (inspite of being in different time zones) was extremely responsive. Its almost DIY format setup and they have designed the features with lot of thoughtfulness.

Cons

Some colour combinations during the review answer phase can be improved.

SurveyMonkey Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Pointerpro

Facility to give a summary report at the end for each user.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Valuable assessment tool

Reviewed on 2023/07/18

I highly recommend Pointerpro to anyone who is looking for a way to assess employee skills and knowledge.

Pros

Pointerpro's assessment feature is incredibly versatile. I've used it to assess employee skills, customer satisfaction, and even my own personal development. Additonally, Pointerpro's customer support is excellent.

Cons

I wish there were more templates available for the assessment feature.

Adam

Saving Lives.

Reviewed on 2023/03/14

Overall Poynter pro has been perfect for her needs, and we see a long-term partnership with them moving forward.

Pros

We used pointer pro to stand up an assessment that helps identify the capacity of individuals to make good decisions and avoid falling into despair. The ease-of-use and speed that we were able to get a beta version of our assessment up and running was awesome.

Cons

There are some latency issues with flipping between tabs and screens, and some of the functionality is still in development with respect to testing the assessment and the reporting. It’s not able to test or import responses to tests the report functionality. Some of the editing features are a little cumbersome for example, when setting up custom formulas if you want to re-order them, you have to re-create them.

Pricing and ease-of-use
Julian

Very good usability and functionality

Reviewed on 2023/03/07

Pros

What I like most is the report function. In particular, the relaunch of this function is very intuitive to use. In addition, an extremely large amount is possible, especially through the use of variables. The great depth of functionality combined with the simplicity of the application convince me a lot.In addition, the support is quick to respond and has always been able to help me very well. In connection with this, the "library" of tips and tricks is also really helpful. If you search a bit here, you will find good guides on all topics that instruct you on how to do what.

Cons

What bothers me is that the website often hangs or takes a long time to load, which is most likely not due to my PC or internet connection.

Rebecca
  • Industry: Human Resources

Beautiful product, very expensive, poor self-service instructions means you have to pay more.

Reviewed on 2021/09/06

Do not recommend Survey Anyplace - the product marketing is beautiful but misleading, prices are twice that of the nearest competitor, instructions assume a high level of expertise and there is no use of videos to support learning, and service is slow and lacks detail (unless you pay for it). Response to my feedback so far? Pay more. Very disappointed.

Pros

Beautiful end result - but I have not managed to achieve it yet.

Cons

I've spent over $3000 and not managed to get a single survey out. It does not do 360 as advertised, not without spending $2000 more. Setting up questions is relatively easy but everything else - including simply collecting responses - is fairly complex. Producing a full report is VERY complex. Overnight response rate is very frustrating when you are trying to get the product up and running. I've complained about this, and was told my only option is to spend more money.

Response from Pointerpro

Hi Rebecca, Thank you for your feedback! We are aware the more complex cases of 360-degree assessments do require additional services.
As you indicated, this wasn't clear for you at the moment you purchased the license of our software: we updated our documentation and onboarding communication accordingly to avoid any confusion in the future. We wish you a lot of success with your project anyways!

Scott
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Valuable and Productive Tool

Reviewed on 2022/11/26

Experience has been very positive, especially when working with Customer Support and Customer Success contact.

Pros

Easy to use once you understand the interface. Continuous improvement of features.

Cons

Not much. The report formatting can be improved to increase the quality of the PDF report.

Response from Pointerpro

Thank you for the nice review.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Excellent Survey Creation Platform

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Survey Anyplace is far superior to our previous platform. It's faster & an overall better UX which is huge.

Pros

Ease of use. Speed between the questions. Selection of question types. Formatting flexibility. It supports photo uploads; our previous platform did not.

Cons

Tech support is not offered 24/7. Yet, they are quite responsive. It's usually something that isn't urgent. If you reorder questions, you need to redo your skip logic. The phone number field does not meet the North American Standard so it's a little kludge. We've had a few issues with photo uploads.

David
  • Industry: Management Consulting

A very nice product with upside potential

Reviewed on 2023/10/25

The customer support team has been very responsive and helpful. The time zone difference between Europe and the US often means that replies don't come back until the next businss day which is a bit of a pain when you're on deadline and need a quick answer. I hope that there would be support in the US time zone going back to the West Coast (Pacific Time of 8am - 6pm)

Pros

Developing a scored survey was fairly easy to do. The formulas and question logic makes it very flexible to develop what is needed. I also like the dynamic if-then functions in ReportR to dynamically generate text content based on formula results.

Cons

I wished that ReportR had more chart options to visualize data. I also wish there were easy APIs to integrate external data sources into the report generated by ReportR.

Darren
Darren

Great for automating survey responses in a PDF to download or email

Reviewed on 2021/09/08

It's great but just needs an upgrade I think.

It's great but just needs an upgrade I think.

Pros

The main reason we used this software was to automate survey responses in a PDF for the user to download or email. There are not many solutions on the market that can do this all in one.

Cons

I think the help pages need updating, they're not very clear when you are new to Survey Anyplace as they describe how to do things but do not show you step-by-step.

Not being able to customise the front cover image of a PDF template is a bit annoying and unless you're a CSS wizard, the PDF responses can look very plain.

Strategy & Research

Cost and usability
Becky
Becky

Amazing platform and even better service

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Pros

We have used SAP since March 2020 and it has been huge in growing out business. It is slick and looks professional...which is great if you are a start up company and don't have the expertise/resources to try and design something like this yourself!

Support is easily available and accessible. In addition to the easy to follow user guides, they are on hand to answer any more specific questions or bigger queries. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have all been amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has helped me a lot with setting up our white label as we don't have IT expertise at that level as a small (but quickly growing!) start up.

Cons

SAP seem to be constantly adding new features and integrations so maybe more emails about new features would be really useful so we are not missing out (I may just be missed emails though!). Or maybe reaching out the clients and asking what they would like to see by filling out a short form?

Jasper
Jasper

Prefilled fields & nice workflow

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

As a Customer Success Manager, I use Survey Anyplace to gather customer satisfaction and feedback. Next to that we implemented it on some of our clients websites to allow site visitors to request detailed pricing offers based on their product preferences.

Pros

I like the easy flow of setting up newsurveys the most.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the way question logic is being handled.

Alchemer, CheckMarket and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to Pointerpro

Price/quality and ease of use
Mitch
Mitch
  • Industry: Market Research

Great Survey App for my business

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

I'm building my start up with this quality app at an affordable price!

I'm building my start up with this quality app at an affordable price!

Pros

I love that the app has various functionalities such as, offline capability, email alerts, and truly stunning survey designs

Cons

The contact support is not best as they run on Europe time and I run on Eastern Atlantic Time, so it's a bit difficult getting answers to queries in the afternoon my time. But overall I've seen on a number of occasions staff work overtime to try and assist me

Callen

Phenomenal Tool

Reviewed on 2023/01/30

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive set up. The question logic is what makes this tool so worth it!

Cons

Honestly - not many cons. It's easy to use and extremely useful to my work.

Harvey
  • Industry: Management Consulting

A sophisticated solution to complex client interactions

Reviewed on 2022/11/23

Support and communication is excellent. Very helpful and set us up for success using the platform.

Pros

Reportr is the feature that met our need to provide potential clients with immediate reward for their information. The UX for the potential client is excellent and very professional. It makes us look like a professional business 10 time larger than we are.

Cons

It's a steep learning curve to build the forms and reports. This complexity was challenging the first time we built out a survey/report but gets easier with practice.

Response from Pointerpro

Thank you for the nice review.

Highly customisable but complex…

Reviewed on 2022/10/20

Excellent if you have time & patience.

Excellent if you have time & patience.

Pros

The software does everything you need and didn’t know you needed.

Cons

It’s a steep learning curve! Without the excellent and free, unlimited tech support team I would have given up on this product. White label costs are expensive.

Response from Pointerpro

Thank you for the nice review.

Tom
Tom

Sliding Scale Assessments are possible with PointerPro

Reviewed on 2022/06/14

Pros

It can build sliding scale assessments.
This means you can have questions that people rate themselves then PointerPro adds up the scores.
It can also give outcomes depending on the scores.

Cons

It is a bit overwhelming on th backend to do this.
It takes a while to get a feel for the settings that have to be in place for the assessments to work properly.
Some of the naming of particular features that are required are somewhat hard to interpret and required testing to find out what they did.

Response from Pointerpro

Thank you for the nice review.

Miguel
  • Used for 2+ years

Excellent as teaching tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/01

It allows a truly interactive environment in the classroom. In addition, being a versatile tool in questionnaires, quizzes and surveys, with options to use images, text or other media, with customized design, allows focused applications as devised by the teacher.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use. It has lots of resources that can be used in classroom environment. Seasonal use is allowed (payment is restricted to the time of effective use).

Cons

Pricing is somewhat heavy. The price to quality ratio is not bad but the overall price could be lower.