Cirrus Insight

#1 App for Connecting Salesforce and Gmail

Bob S.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A 'good' product when operational, with Cirrus nuisance self-promotion built in for free

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

Technical support is good at sending 'canned' responses.
I find myself frustrated that cirrus hasn't improved its usability.
Please give me two things every month that make your 'standard' features of Gmail to SalesForce work without me having to invoke extra keystrokes or drag picklists to see all available options.

Pros

I like the ability that Cirrus links to SalesForce and Gmail and locates recipients in the SalesForce database and links emails to the Account/Contact activity log

Cons

Cirrus is not reliable in locating related SalesForce contacts and particularly not reliable locating contacts when using the 'Add to SalesForce', 'Custom' option that allows linking an email to a standard related lists such as linking an email to Opportunity or Case- there are many examples of these issues that often I've thought to cut-and-paste and email into a SalesForce activity would be faster.

Another daily pain is when selecting another tab (instance) of Gmail, cirrus presents a sidebar that says, "Let's put this app to work!" When you're ready to go to work, you're required to click the "Continue" button, only to be greeted with another sidebar that says "Get More Done" that 'promotes/sells' cirrus features Book Meeting, Follow-Up Reminders, Sales Email Campaigns, Email Templates.
If you do not select the "Get To Work!" button cirrus is not functional.
Why is a productivity application like cirrus requiring me to tell cirrus separately to "Continue" and "Get To Work" when in fact these are redundant requests causing extra keystrokes? Why does not cirrus just start working for me without having to tell the application to start syncing my email (activities) to Gmail?

Cirrus is counter-productive for a productivity application.

Kayla O.

Decent but not the best way to log emails

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

I log emails once and week and stay logged out of the software the rest of the time. This makes it easier to deal with my Gmail, and to not get slowed down when sending emails with this extra step, which can be glitchy at times.

Pros

It functions - it allows us to log emails so that they are visible in Salesforce. This in turn makes it possible to know when we last spoke with a partner and where we might have left off. It's particularly helpful if we're switching who owns a client account or if someone is out of the office.

Cons

I dislike how it can slow down my Gmail, how I need to log in by connecting with Salesforce periodically, and how easy it is to accidently log emails that were personal or that I didn't intend to log. I wish it were easier to find the contact to connect to the email - the software isn't always smart enough to know which email address to populate.

Kevin B.

Cirrus is helpful for Gmail when it comes to tracking your email opens and offering reminders.

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

It logged all of my outbound emails to Salesforce, tracked my email opens, provided analytics on the email opens/clicks/replies, as well as offered great functionality to stay on top of your work like "Send Later" or "Remind Me Later".

Pros

The best thing about Cirrus is how you can have the software remind you of particular emails down the line.

I used this feature every day to make sure I can remain adequately organized.

Cons

In my experience, Cirrus has never been able to log inbound emails into Salesforce. Because of this, you always feel as if you're missing a part of the conversation.

This may simply be standard in this industry segment, but it would be much more convenient to have a unique task for every outbound AND inbound email.

Sasha G.

My review

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Mostly good

Pros

That it syncs with SalesForce and Gmail, so I can work easily without jumping back and forth between platforms. Allows me

Cons

Often stops syncing so I have to go and resync often

John M.

Good for big organizations

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Cirrus Insight has saved us a lot of time since our team has implemented it and has done wonders for our calendar and contact integration with our CRM. While the basic features can be found for free on some platforms, the powerful, unique features are worth the subscription.

Pros

Cirrus Insight is great for large organizations, particularly those running large CRM databases. The integration with Gmail allows for users to be more productive and to stay on one screen rather than switching tabs within a browser or perhaps across browsers. The integration is robust and features such as email sync, calendar sync and campaigns are very useful. Email templates also save a lot of time. The calendar scheduler is among the top features as well. Very powerful.

Cons

Many of the powerful features Cirrus Insight provides are not suited for a small organization, particularly those who do not launch large marketing campaigns. There are several features that are great in a vacuum but that our team is simply too small to leverage. No fault of Cirrus Insight; it is simply a suitability comment.

Brad B.

Best Sales Side Automation for Sales Reps connected to Salesforce CRM

Reviewed on 2017/10/10

Seamless integration to Gmail, Salesforce and Meeting Requests for Calendar invites. Better sales cadence outreach functionality, easy management of sales campaigns, visibility to the sales process through Cirrus Insight Flight Plans. Saves rep time and double entry of key information around the sales process with Salesforce CRM. Allows our sales team to spend time on key leads that are ready to engage.

Pros

The ability to update Salesforce leads, opportunities and events from gmail. Also the built in calendar function and meeting scheduling is seamless across Gmail and Salesforce. Eliminates double entry in the crm , calendar meetings and your daily email communications. Saves time and provides real-time opens and reads on the mobile interface. The new Flight Plans option allows for sales automation and cadence set up for sequence follow ups and lead and prospect nurture. Very strong for any salesrep to set up their own cadences as well as group cadences defined by Sales Leadership. Deep functionality for affordable user pricing. If your moving into sales automation it is a must have for reps to save time and manage productivity. The ability to add leads and prospects to Flight Plan (Cadence) or remove is extremely easy for anyone to take advantage of.

Kathleen A.
  • Industry: Government Relations

Simplify Your Life!

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

I no longer have to copy and paste correspondence from clients in my Outlook into my CRM. A couple of clicks using Cirrus Insight and it’s done for me! Short and sweet! Move onto next task!

Pros

Citrus Insight allows you to save correspondence in Salesforce in an easy and simplistic manner!

Cons

There’s really nothing not to like about Cirrus Insight!

Dale G.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Integrate Gmail and Salesforce, DONE!

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

Cirrus Insight makes it easy to log emails, create leads, contacts and other records in Salesforce, right from your Gmail inbox. This increases the amount of data and the quality of data in your Salesforce Instance.

Pros

Makes it easy to integrate Salesforce and Gmail. Makes me so much more efficient.

Cons

No con's that I have experienced

Narrow your prospecting funnel

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

Although imperfect, this was an invaluable tool. Unfortunately several colleagues never bothered to utilize, leading the organization to decide against renewing.

Pros

Mobile app provides real-time updates showing who where and when my emails were read. This allowed me to focus follow-up efforts on interested prospects.

Cons

If emails were opened too many times the granular details would no longer be available.

Great way to track!

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

Pros

The biggest thing I like about the software is how easy it integrates with Gmail. The tracking features are easy to tailor towards what you are trying to accomplish through emails. It takes up very little space within the gmail window, which for me is aesthetically pleasing.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is the location of where the features lie within a new email. For someone like me who emails constantly throughout the day, there are times where I will accidentally click a feature I did not intend to. Very minor detail.

Deborah E.

Great deal

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

The features in this product were great, but lacked in a couple areas needed for our customer support department. Our sales team is pretty happy with it, though.

Pros

Ease of install, administration abilities

Cons

didn't work with all custom fields we needed

Amanda D.

We use it reluctantly because it fulfills our basic needs but it doesn't give us joy

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Not optimal and there are services that are much better but since our team doesn't need the extra bells and whistles services like Salesloft offers we just stick with this because it's slightly cheaper. :(

Pros

Emails logged to Salesforce, Team templates (although they are annoying to upload), Send later, set reminders.

Cons

-Slows Gmail inbox
-Sometimes prevents emails from being sent if Cirrus is glitching
-Uploading templates is clunky in salesforce and the way it pulls fields from Contact reports isn't user-friendly
-Sometimes the reminders don't log properly into Salesforce
-Customer support isn't proactive and sometimes takes multiple outreaches to identify a problem
-Our plan isn't large enough for us to have a dedicated account manager so it feels unwelcoming
-Overpriced
-Having to sign long contracts feels disingenuous.

David J.

Great tool to stay on top of mind...

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Pros

Couple of great tools. 1) Email engagement tracking on what links the recipient clicked on so you can provide relevant details to your recipient. 2) Calendar feature to quickly schedule a time to meet or chat without a lot of back and forth.

Cons

A bit buggy. I've noticed that it loses connectivity to Cirrus insight server and errors even when the internet connectivity is all good and working.

Julie H.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Cirrus review

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

Cirrus insight takes the guessing away and the tracking is so simple. How could any sale team be without it?

Pros

We use it for email tracking , scheduling meetings, follow up and links to salesforce. You can track emails and see how many times they are opened, including the attachments. Our team relies on cirrus.

Cons

nothing really that I don't like except you always have to make sure it's linked with your email

Nathan C.

Cirrus for Endeavor

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

I use it for one main function, to load emails in Salesforce. While I thought templates could be really interesting, everytime I've used it it's been a bit clunky. It's also been difficult to add members to Campaigns - though this is probably more a testament to how we structure our data rather than Cirrus.

I love this overall, however I have had issues with bugs multiple times.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Really helps our team better use salesforce.

Pros

This has greatly improved how our team uses Salesforce and tracks activities. Its also a great way to keep track of task and contacts.

Cons

This software is often very buggy, specifically regarding the calendar functions. However, support has been great!

Lacey P.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great gmail and salesforce plugin

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Pros

Easy to log calls, add contacts/leads to Salesforce.

Cons

Google calendar plugin is a little buggy at times.

Not as good as Clearslide

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

From what I have gathered Cirrus is a pretty competitively prices solution. With that being said I might splurge for a little more robust of a tool with more intuitive reporting if I were implementing a tool for my sales team.

Pros

Having any type of email communication tool is always beneficial and even preferred over traditional prospecting efforts. Cirrus gives you the ability to easily import reports directly from Salesforce which is very nice. Being able to share templates across entire teams has proven beneficial when it comes to our team working together and collaborating on ideas.

Cons

Coming from being a Clearslide user I find the interface with Salesforce to be a little clunky. I see they are trying to make them seamless and easier to navigate between, but I think they are simply missing the mark. I preferred the reporting and interface of Clearslide much more.

Kat J.

Left feeling unsatisfied

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Cirrus Insight was supposed to make our messy sales process smoother via email. Not letting emails slip through the cracks. However it was more work and eventually forced us to switch products.

Pros

Cirrus Insight provided at the time what my team thought they needed. It connected to Salesforce and tracked the emails within the product.

Cons

The product was hard to use, very unreliable syncing qualities. It required constant updates and repairs and was far more work then benefit.

Lindsay M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Cirrus Insights Review 2019

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

It's a good tool to track meetings and emails but there are some kinks that definitely need to be worked out!

Pros

It helps sync meetings, emails and contacts to Salesforce directly through gmail and google calendar!

Cons

The software is a bit janky and I often run into issues. I'm constantly having to uninstall the plug-in and reinstall and then also un-sync both my emails and google calendar and then re-sync in order for things to function properly

Great for email templates and communicate quickly

Reviewed on 2017/12/30

Pros

It allows you to load templates quickly, send them out fast as well. It is great if you have a lot of people to communicate with to help save time.

Cons

The templates do not load quickly or sometimes will populate incorrectly and the data is incorrect. That means you have to go back and manually correct the information, which defeats the purpose.

Great for finding information out about prospects and creating lists

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

Pros

I like how easy Cirrus Insight makes it to find information about a company or prospect, and create a list with various prospects that the platform has helped me find.

Cons

Sometimes the information can be incorrect or follow a template for emails that isn't correct. You have to go in and manually change information sometimes.

Simple email tracking that works occasionally

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

It helps facilitate communications with your prospects, saves time, and is easy to use.

Pros

I like the fact that you can save your templates, and insert them when you need it. It is very easy to use.

Cons

It tends not to work a lot of times. The name does not populate correctly, creates issues and does not sync up correctly. It is not very intuitive, a little clunky.

Kelly T.

Cirrus Insight Runs My Email

Reviewed on 2016/10/24

Cirrus Insight makes emailing people faster, more efficient, and more expeditious. I love being able to add a lead to Salesforce right from an email and track all email communication using Cirrus Insight. I frequently schedule meetings using the calendar sync feature which looks professional for the recipient and is less work on my end scheduling and drafting up meeting times!

Matt

Very Helpful Tool

Reviewed on 2012/12/11

I find Cirrus Insight to be quite useful in managing my work and tracking correspondence for various projects. It's a relatively small number of clicks to ensure that my emails are tagged to the correct projects in Salesforce, and thus makes my life much easier in terms of managing work. If I could change anything it would be expanding the Add functionality; currently you have the option to tag a contact and then one more level (account, project, etc), but adding a few more drop downs to allow for additional tags would be really helpful.