myStaffingPro Reviews

myStaffingPro

#1 in Quality of Service

3.9/5 (64 reviews)
Len A.

Even with all of its cons, StaffingPro is a good value.

Reviewed on 2009/03/19

Even with all of its cons, StaffingPro is a good value. It's simple, quick, has excellent reporting, and a great service team who listens to their customers.

As more features are added, it should become more popular among medium-to-large size organizations.

Pros

GREAT customer service. Intuitive system. Great features: customizable questionaires & auto emails, FTP feeds to online sites, HM quick response, Email alerts, Favorite Reqs page, Applicant scoring, Parse & upload, interface capability with other systems for background checks, everify, HRIS, etc.

MSP is a good value when compared to other ATS systems. Also, HR Services always listens to their customers - making improvements based on our feedback. Customers feel like we had influence in the product's development.

The system is always available & stable. Never any issues. Used by our US, Mexico, Canada, and Europe HR staffs.

Cons

Navigation, navigation, navigation! Can't return to a "filtered" search - always go back to an unfiltered list.

Too few reqs per page - need much more. I find myself always paging thru.

Would be nice if new reqs were auto-added to Favorites.

Need ability to view recruiter notes in the applicant list. Hiring managers too.

Need ability to cancel out multiple HM quick response requests - can only cancel applicant by applicant.

Need the specific ad code in addition to link for our newspaper ads in Europe.

Need to reduce the # of sourcing screens. Should only go to screens for sources I want (vs clicking "continue" for every source).

Need applicant list to be customized and remembered - so it is sorted how I like it(high to low scores and by status).

Most important - need ability for multiple languages to meet global needs. Many of our overseas applicants do not speak english.

Response from Paychex

Len has been a valuable member of our User Advisory Board. We have taken many of his suggestions and implemented them to improve the overall usability of the system.

Tim T.

Excellent customer service, a company that truly cares.

Reviewed on 2017/02/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have been a customer of myStaffingPro for many years and have seen many changes, as they have with us. Through it all there has never been an issue or interruption of the excellent service they have provided us. At one point due to new leadership in my organization, we went to RFP on a new ATS provider, and myStaffingPro won hands down. Self admittedly, we are a tough customer, always changing, looking for "out of the box" solutions and ideas and MSP has always been there and brought us through it successfully!

Pros

Extremely willing to listen to what your needs and concerns are and work with you to develop a solution. We have always had a stable support team with myStaffingPro unlike some of our other HR systems where they change players every six months.

Lynda A.

MyStaffingPro improves every year

Reviewed on 2015/03/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I have been using MyStaffingPro for 6 years. I have been able to adapt the product to our organizations needs over the years so that it just keeps getting better and making my work more efficient. I can email my representative with suggestions or questions and I always get a prompt and helpful response. I love that I can customize it to make my job easier. Candidates can register for email notification of openings. I can create statuses that prompt automated emails with information, survey links, attached documents, etc. I can save documents and notes that help me keep track of where I am in the process with each candidate and position. We have recently implemented an onboarding process that allows candidates to quickly and easily complete onboarding documents online.

Cons

MyStaffingPro could improve the reporting functions to make them more user friendly. I would really appreciate that improvement, but for now I just don't use the reports at all.

Corinna B.

MSP Offers Excellent Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2010/12/15

Overall, I would recommend MSP to small/medium sized businesses as a good basic system. Realizing that upgrades and new features are added as developed.

Pros

MSP does a good job allowing me to perform my job posting duties and tracking of applicants. The disqualifying feature in the questionnaires really help me eliminate candidates that I do not need to review. The reports seem extensive but I have not had a real opportunity to get into them because we've only had the system for a year. I also love the parsing feature and automatic delivery of email messages. I love the "Register here for future openings" option for candidates. Most importantly, when we have come across stumbling blocks, the staff has been very patient and kind in their time assisting me. I really appreciate great customer service - thank you!

Cons

The system takes a while to really understand and there are basic features missing that I need for my job (ie: when someone doesn't complete the initial application completely and then goes back later to complete it, the system still shows their status as being "Incomplete". Another feature missing (which we are working on) is that any disqualified candidate cannot upload their resume - which frustrates the candidate and doesn't allow us to collect resumes that we could search for later use in upcoming positions. Also, when I candidate goes back into their application, it looks like all of the uploaded job information is missing, so they ultimately end up redoing it all, which frustrates them. I have heard from candidates that it is not the most user-friendly system and is time consuming.

Annmarie G.

I like the solution. It is a good value for the money.

Reviewed on 2009/03/30

I like the solution. It is a good value for the money. Although it is not as robust as may other solutions, it does support me and my team as we need. We are a relatively small business. We probably hire about 25-30 people/yr, so the solution is fine. If my volume were substantially larger and I had to manage many more candidates I would likely need to upgrade to a higher level from HR Services. Then I would need to maintain candidate status in a much easier format.

Pros

The system was VERY EASY to implement. I was able to have it running and posting in under a few hours. I like the fact that it maintains notes and history. It meets our current business needs.

Cons

It maintains notes, although sometimes the notes are NOT in consecutive order- so you may need to read down the notes for the latest info. (I would like to see this improved.)
Also, for several years we have had an issue, when we attach multiple documents to sent to a hiring manager, sometimes the same document is sent multiple times. We now use a work around whereby the recruiters send all emails from within the system to their OWN mailbox, and then confirm that the attached documents are correct before forwarding on to the hiring managers. This is a frustration when you are trying to work fast, and it requires that we manually update the notes since it cannot track the date to the hiring manager if we have to send it out of our own email boxes.
I wish the reporting had greater functionality, but we have configured work arounds to get the info we need, and then add in other info manually for our necessary reporting. (ie. hires and hired salaries by recruiter for time periods).

Raegan D.

User-Friendly and Intuitive

Reviewed on 2017/04/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Recommend this ATS for small and medium-size businesses, very straight-forward and user-friendly, and our customer service rep is very responsive and helpful!

Pros

Multiple functions that increase efficiency in getting to info quicker (shortcuts).
Hiring manager feature all via email, no login required.
Live Chat Help feature

Cons

Not as effective for larger organization with multiple locations, jobs, applications - more time-consuming to make changes/edits on administrator side.
Limited options for mobile devise users to upload resume.

7.0/10
Ann B.

MyStaffing Pro great Applicant Tracking System, good customer service

Reviewed on 2015/03/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like that it is very easy to setup and use. Other ATS vendors it might take a few months to setup. In my world I might get a couple of weeks to setup an instance. MyStaffing Pro allows me to setup and manage my ATS, and if I need help their customer service is always there to help me.

Cons

Sometimes in their zeal to help a client they push a software release out without fully testing. But if there is a glitch it is always resolved very quickly.

Amber S.

Onboarding

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

One of our best business decisions. Has improved hiring experience and decreased manual errors by entering so many packets. Each employee is responsible to enter their own info.

Pros

Easily transferred our hiring and onboarding process from paper to online via My Staffing Pro. Easy to set up and a breeze for new hires. Less paperwork and much quicker turnaround time.

Cons

No cons up to date. Customer support is quick to reach and helps troubleshooting when needed.

Scott W.

Strong RMS that is easy to use

Reviewed on 2015/04/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

My experience with myStaffingPro has been great. The ease of using the system is amazing. I was self-taught after joining a company, and I caught on with no problems. I loved the hands on approach the staff took in helping me make changes and the service was very high.

Cons

One thing you need to do is an administrator is make sure that your postings are formatted correctly so they look appealing to applicants. This will take some time and trial & error but once you have a solid foundations the ease of using a post ongoing is amazing.

Brett K.

Applicant and Office Friendly Software

Reviewed on 2015/07/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I love the vendor side of things. We were always needing to make changes to things such as adding to a Facebook, LinkedIn and others profile and they were always there to help. We had a dedicated account manager to guide us through it. The changes were made in a timely manner and we always knew when to expect the changes to be implemented.

Cons

There was absolutely nothing I did not like about MSP, I liked the product and the company/people behind it.

Matt N.

myStaffingPro - Rating

Reviewed on 2009/11/10

At this point I do not have enough experience to really feel comfortable rating "Feature Richness" or "Meeting your needs" above 3 stars. I think as I use the system more I will be in a better position down the road to provide feedback.

Would consider being a referral once I have more experience using the system...but not at this time.

I enjoy working with myStaffingPro. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to provide feedback.

Pros

Client services has been wonderful. Amy Morman in particular has been very helpful. System is seem easy to use so far, but have had limited experience with it. Alss, still need to have some training on the system reports, etc. once it has enough data populated. Good to know that Client Services is available to help when necessary.

Systems has helped make our job requistion process a lot smoother.

Like how the system organizes info. Would like if you could have jobs sorted by job requistion creator.

Like the system notifications, etc. about enhancements, changes, etc.

Cons

Candidates having not having the ability to go back and change data they have input.

Would like to see some more admin abiltiy related to job req process - ie, if job req is issued and approver does not sign - would like way to cancel that approver.

Geeta B.

I highly recommend the system to the organizations that are for the first time looking for.

Reviewed on 2009/03/25

I highly recommend the system to the organizations that are for the first time looking for a transition from paper to the system. MyStaffingPRO is very easy to navigate thru and to train. Its very cost effective. There is a flexibility to add new modules anytime as the need arises. I did a very thorough research before signing up with MyStaffingPRO, and I'm very happy with the decision and so are our users. I wish HR Services all success for a bright future!!! Keep up the good work!!

Pros

Easy to use and train. Outstanding customer service and response time. Client Needs/Ideas/Recommendations for future enhancements are heard. I'm overall very pleased with the services as well as the system.

Cons

- Standard Reports Module can be better (in terms of types of basic reports and the flexibility to choose/add fields as per the need).

- Activities related to Requisitions should be tracked well in the system notes (in terms of: interviews, offers, etc.).

- Applicants statuses, as laid out, can be confusing at times for the users. 'Availability Status' of the applicant (e.g: available; hired; long term inactive; etc.) shoud be a different field than the 'Applicant Activity Status' (e.g.: qualified or not-qualified for a certain position; not referred; eligible for interview; etc.).

Ashley W.

Great Staffing Software.

Reviewed on 2015/04/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This product is extremely user friendly and the vendor can make adaptations to suit your needs which is useful.

Cons

N/A I really enjoyed using this software and complain about using Taleo currently :-)

Erin B.

An ATS to count on

Reviewed on 2009/11/04

I have found MyStaffingPro to be a sound system and the support team to be stellar. We have been able to drastically increase the numbers of applications we receive and yet more effectively manage the applications. I now have the ability to better utilize the applications that I receive and ensure that the best qualified applicants are forwarded to our hiring managers.

Pros

The MyStaffingPro ATS has significantly improved our application process.
MyStaffingPro enabled us to quickly implement an on-line application that was very cost effective.
Since implementation we have continued to see the rewards of a single consistent applicant tracking system that is easily accessible by geographically scattered users.
The application screening tools and automatic email features have assisted us in creating a systemic approach to processing qualified applicants and communicating with hiring managers and applicants alike.

Cons

The only concern that I have had with MyStaffingPro is that applicants have ocassionally had questions when the customer support team are not available (this is excaberated by the time zone difference between our locations and the customer support team).

Christy A.

Overview

Reviewed on 2018/02/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

My Staffing Pro is a decent, basic Applicant Tracking System for the investment. The reports are customizable which is nice.

Cons

My Staffing Pro is a little clunky to navigate. It would be nice to be able to move from one requisition to the next without having to backup with several clicks.

5.0/10
Fred M.

MyStaffingPro Administrator and User

Reviewed on 2015/05/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

MyStaffingPro fit the needs of my company and was scalable as we grew. Another plus for MyStaffingPro was that I had a dedicated customer service rep that got to know me and my company, she was familiar with my needs and suggested formatting that worked for my company

Cons

The reporting was not as robust as I would have liked.

Brittney L.

I really like MyStaffingPro. I find it to be user-friendly.

Reviewed on 2015/03/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like that whenever I have a concern, I am able to contact MSP and I always receive a response quickly. The program is very customizable to your needs.

Cons

The thing I like least is that people are able to have several different accounts. It would be nicer if, when someone applies, the system would recognize if they applied before better and merged the account for that person. Also, we tend to have a lot of incomplete applications, which we believe is caused by users not being able to complete applications via their phone. However, I know that MSP has been working to resolve this issue.

Alisha W.

Good System with Improvements.

Reviewed on 2019/02/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

They really are great as they are open to suggestions regarding improvements.

Pros

They have good customer service, saves time and money because of their record storage and retrieval. Good implementation process.

Cons

Unable to compile specific data for job specific functions. The reporting capabilities seem to be lacking in general.

7.0/10
Megan I.

Do not waste your time or money!

Reviewed on 2016/12/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The My Staffing Pro user interface is confusing, chaotic and messy. The platform that MSP uses is years behind the competition. There are too many clicks required to get through the application process, and there's a huge inability to reformat the tool so that it's more user-friendly. Functionalities with questions can be clicked on or off, but doing small things, like putting the questions on one page to minimize the number of clicks a user has to go through when applying for a position is an additional cost. Furthermore, there is no intuitive way to look through candidates as a hiring manager. The process of downloading a candidate's resume takes over 2 minutes. Above all, the customer care team is completely non-responsive. This has quickly become our largest challenge. While we have ideas for ways to make the tool work for us, we are unable to get an MSP representative dedicated enough to have a conversation and provide follow-up and feedback with us. Needless to say, we will be looking to find other options due to the lack of responsiveness from MSP, and due to not being able to get our questions answered, or needs addressed. This tool is not meant to be used to serve a large company with a consistent request load of 50 or more request per month.

Cons

The customer service is unresponsive and practically non-existent. The functionality is not user-friendly, not flexible, and not easily adjusted to fit the needs of the client.

0.0/10
Annette F.

MyStaffingPro recommendation from a long-term customer

Reviewed on 2015/04/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

myStaffingPro provides excellent customer service. It is a solid Applicant Tracking System but it is their partnership that is the true difference.

Cons

We have multiple users types and on occasions upgrades impact these users without prior knowledge of what the impact will be.

Danielle G.

Happy Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2014/02/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

myStaffingPro is an easy product to use with all of the bells and whistles we need. In addition, their customer support is outstanding. We had an easy implementation because myStaffingPro kept us on target and was always there to answer questions quickly. I have used them for two years and the customer service level still remains high.

Cons

There really isn't anything I do not like with myStaffingPro. If I had to answer something, it would be that automated system emails sometimes go into applicants' junk email folders. But, I don't think that is necessarily an issue with the product or vendor.

Averi D.

My Staffing Pro has been an incredible asset to our recruiting process.

Reviewed on 2009/03/19

My Staffing Pro has been an incredible asset to our recruiting process. Even though we are a small organization, we do a tremendous amount of recruiting. This product has been instrumental in improving all facets of the process. We have reduced our time to hire, improved reporting and the candidate feedback has been phenomenal. The implementation process was simple and extremely effecient. One of the reasons that we selected MSP was because of their dedication to client satisfaction. After being a client for almost two years, I don't think I've ever had an inquiry that has gone unanswered within a matter of minutes. The staff are an excellent group of people to work with and I would highly recommend this product to any organization who is interested in improving their recruiting process.

Pros

1. Client Service
2. Reporting Features
3. Adaptability to your organization
4. Simplicity of products for users and candidates.

Cons

Would like to have an interface that integrates with MS outlook.

Response from Paychex

After this review, myStaffingPro added the ability to add Applicants into Outlook as contacts.

Douglas D.

Quality product, excellent service

Reviewed on 2010/12/14

Overall, this is an outstanding service especially at this price point. Support is excellent and the system has been frequently upgraded.

Pros

This applicant tracking system met all our initial needs. More importantly, it had the capacity to offer us morefunctionaliyt as we identified new and different needs in our employment process. The company has been very responsive in finding ways to customize the applications to meet our changing needs MyStaffingPro sets the standards for excellent customer service. Finally, it is a value compared to other similiar offerings.

Cons

Sometimes the company has made improvements to the system that are not communicated. The candidate self-scheduling capacity needs further development and is rather cumbersome to set up. There could also be enhancements to the process for attaching documents.

Avienne W.

Been great for our onboarding!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

- This has really helped us streamline our onboarding process and works great in conjunction with Paychex Flex!
- Customer Service is very timely and helpful!

Cons

- Could use some simplification when transitioning through steps for onboarding an employee (i.e. completing I-9 through to moving into payroll)
- New hires report registration issues more than should happen.

Stephanie G.

AWFUL-DO NOT RECOMMEND

Reviewed on 2017/08/02

ZERO!

Pros

As a professional recruiter who has at least 10+ more new jobs monthly to post this software is so so so difficult to navigate and use. The only good thing about this software is the cost, but beware you get what you pay for.

Cons

I would recommend spending more money if you have 10 or more positions per month or recurring positions. If you use your ATS daily, then pay for QUALITY only. Our company is currently looking into new software because of how far back MyStaffingPro sets us during recruiting/posting requisitions.

0.0/10