FinancialForce PSA

Professional Services Automation (PSA) App for Salesforce

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Good tool; can be hard to make the most out of it

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

Very powerful tool with a lot of functionality.

Cons

It takes a significant amount of customization in order to make the most of it.

William M.

More than I need Human Capital Management Software

Reviewed on 2011/12/01

I would say if you are a small or medium business and you have no idea what an HR department or IT department looks like, then you need Vana Human Capital Management.

If you have employees and you want to increase performance, this solution is complete. HR departments will thank you, you will save time and headaches.

This made our performance reviews a dream. The social collaboration is new to us and has become the center of our corporate universe.

you will be overwhelmed so just be warned the Quick Start Implementation will appeal to you, but I encourage you to just get the next level up so the team at VanaWorkforce.com will do all the work for you.

Just get it.

Oh yeah, since it is on force.com it makes integration with CRM and other force.com products a single click of the mouse and has single sign-on, super cool.

Patrick.

Pros

The user interface is excellent. If you know Salesforce.com CRM then you will inherently know how to use Vana HCM. WOW! No training required.

Great future vision product, it has more than I need to manage my team, recruit and track people, leave, benefits, compensation, performance and more.

Even better I LOVE the Social Collaboration tool. It keeps my employees working and collaborating in the solution and not of facebook or twitter. Also love the collaboration on goals, initiatives, performance reviews and projects.

Top it off the library was an added bonus, since I can store and share corporate documents and even education materials as part of the solution (free) and have my team collaborate with others on these and track it in the learning management.

Overall: over the top! Thank you.

Cons

There is almost too much to learn. The overwhelm is consuming. I wish I had the ability to configure everything that is delivered.

Knowing where to start was a bit daunting, thank goodness they did the first series of configurations to launch the product and provided me with an easy to use Getting Started Guide so my team could calm down and get started 1...2...3

Learning to use the system most effectively was a challenge, but I think we finally got it. It may have been more of a resistance to change, rather than a solution problem. It took a while to adopt it as a company, but we are all on the same page now and it ROCKS!

The Social Org Chart was a bit of a challenge to set up, but easy to re-org and fix with a little help and is now AWESOME!

Tiana R.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Way to scale

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

I love that I am able to pull reports, put in staffing requests, manage my budget, manage my team's expenses, and report my own time and expenses in the same place.

Cons

Some of the features are not intuitive, like requesting time off.

Richard t M.

Reporting good, but very buggy, last generation technology

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

Provides an interface to let my staff interact and submit information (time cards, expenses, etc.). The ability to pull reports is very helpful and reduces staff time

Cons

It's very buggy. Crashes at least once a week and our team loses data all the time. For example, saving time cards has been a nightmare. Generally PSA feels like technology and an interface from the early 2000's. It's dated, and not fun to use.

A solid addition to the Salesforce platform for tracking professional services activity

Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Pros

It complements the Salesforce application and so skills using and creating reports / dashboards can be transferred

Cons

At times the interface is very extensive and can be overwhelming to users. Many of our staff have failed to create dashboards that reflect their reporting needs

Michael B.

Fully Integrated Solution

Reviewed on 2011/12/19

If you are a Salesforce user this is an excellent integrated solution. Sales and finance share the same information. With Financial Force we look at the business financially the same way we look at it operationally.

Pros

Web based, integrated with Salesforce, easy to set up, easy to configure, easy to maintain, always up to date, great support

Cons

Product is relatively new so sophistication is developing over time. Reporting is based on standard Salesforce reporting so whilst extremely powerful is non standard for finance- though a product to resolve this is currently in development.

Financial Force

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

I liked the accessibility of the information through reports and the fact that is easy to massive upload to add / modify records

Cons

The user interface is very poor, it's not intuitive as it should be.

• Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great PSA Software Built on Salesforce Platform

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Pros

My favorite feature is time card entry. It’s quick, easy and intuitive to submit time for various projects I’m working on. System is highly configurable to fit our needs and the UI is easy to navigate.

Cons

Reporting seems to rely on the Salesforce interface and can be a bit slow.

Decent self-service portal for HR applications

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

I can handle most things myself instead of having to reach out to HR staff. It does its job of automating various HR tasks admirably, and seems quite flexible.

Cons

The user interface is pretty dated and can be difficult to navigate. There are so many features it can be difficult to know which one does what I want.

• Used Other for 6-12 months

Hard to find things, inaccurate historic tax representation

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

It stores most historic info accurately.

Cons

Its a little hard to find stuff. The historic tax burden is not represented correctly. It only reflects the latest tax rate for your stub.

Kate E.

FFPSA - complicated to set up and admin

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

implementation was more difficult than expected. Installed 111 custom objects into my org - including the whole FF ERP, even though I'm only using PSA

David T.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Financial Force helps us a lot

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Professional Services project reporting and timesheet tracking

Pros

Allows us to drive our project based reporting and time tracking for our services business.

Cons

UI could be a bit easier when creating projects

Thumbs up to FinancialForce

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

This software is so much better than the previous software we used in the past. Its simple and easy to access and review reporting.

Cons

I don't like that with using a MAC I have to expand the screen to sumbit things.

FinancialForce Helped Streamline My Billing Process

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

FF PSA allowed me to create and bill projects from the quotes and opportunities from our sales team, it helped combine multiple processes that existed before.

Pros

I like that FF allowed me to bill directly from projects we created in Salesforce. Previously we had separate systems and it was time consuming.
I also like that we are able to customize our project fields and opportunities. I also use the report creating tool a lot.

Cons

I sometimes have limitations with specific auto calculations it runs, but they are few at this point.

Simon C.

If it had a face I would punch it... repeatedly... until it was bleeding!

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

See my review!

Pros

Lots of tools in the toolbag. There is no doubt this product has lots of features and can help businesses cover many of a project management office's needs including project reporting and planning; timecard entry and management and status reporting.

It is a matrix organisation's wet dream giving lots of opportunities for different horizontals and verticals to organise and crunch the data in their own specific ways.

Custom reports are good and I like the dashboards if you can find enough data fields to actually drive what you need.

Cons

This product is so infuriating to work with for any length of time. I use this as both Project Manager and a user. It has just enough functionality to make you hopeful you can do what you need and then crushes that hope. Here is a quick run of the major (dis)functions:

1. It uses a web browser - chrome is just about OK, Firefox works in some parts but not others, Internet Explorer does not work. Because it uses a browser it is easy for IT departments to deploy (i.e. cheap) and is a dreadful experience to use.

2. Timecard entry is for a complete week and requires comments for each project/task/day combination. It is not a bad solution but is not great either.

3. The creators seem to push the idea of having resource managers in your business requiring project managers to create resource requests which then lead to assignments on projects. Whilst there is nothing inherently wrong with this requires so many more steps (and people) than is necessary, which introduces complexity and delays.

4. The Project Task Gantt view is the fibrillating heart of the tool and is so annoying I find it hard to get the words out. There is no useful integration with MS Project so you are forced to gouge away trying to use the functionality. You need to save constantly, the view of the tasks jumps backwards in time so you lose your focus, the task tree expands every time you save. In short it is SO frustrating to work with.

Save yourself this nightmare - run Forest run!

• Used Other for 6-12 months

FF PSA is a Winner

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

Seamless integration with Salesforce CRM. Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface. Super responsive support team. Unlimited flexibility with all the features offered.

Cons

There's some level of complexity involved for beginners considering the sheer number of features available. A lot of updates, at times unnecessary but part of what keeps the FF engine humming along. Could be some improvements to mobile and reporting.

John L.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

PSA for Project Management

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

A lot of builtin Project Management tools. Somewhat difficult to train Users on, due to the complexity of our requirements and instance. Easy to maintain, add and remove Users.

Cons

Complexity. A lot of moving parts in the background. We over designed our instance and the group that uses it only uses about 20% of the capabilities.

Eric E.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great reporting functionality

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

Reporting and ability to run bulk updates to project entries.

Cons

Some of the features like setting up automated reports and dashboards are not intuitive

Jim H.

FF PSA review

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

Many features included which fit together well

Cons

Reporting functionality difficult to use and get the data desired. Does not fit together with SalesForce reporting very well.

Your one stop PSA tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

If you have SF CRM and your a prof services org...stop here, this is your tool.

Cons

High costs of customizations and limited reporting cause a bit of a slow launch. but all the major features are there.

Mohit A.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

good

Reviewed on 2018/12/31

Pros

Software is awesome and help you in automation

Cons

nothing in specific which was not of great use

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Best PSA for Salesforce Users

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

FinancialForce PSA is essential for our business to run the services department.

Pros

Easily connects our professional services teams with projects and customers in one place. FinancialForce is built natively on the Salesforce Platform so everything is connected. Has everything we need for a PSA tool with an amazing support team.

Cons

With so many features and flexibility in the software, the best options to do something isn’t always clear.

Nick R.

PSA has some great features and is built on Salesforce!

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Pros

The fact it is built on Salesforce and has direct integration to CRM/Sales Cloud. Timesheet entry and expenses are pretty good.

Cons

Support is very poor, take a long time to respond and Level 1 support team could have more knowledge.

Implementation is very complicated and would almost be impossible without professional services.

• Industry: Computer Networking
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great for Professional Services/Project tracking

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Pros

Project Management features are great. Billing and financials tracking too.

Cons

Configuration and setup seem convoluted and can be difficult to understand at times.

Emily S.

Robust app with tons of functionality, requires major investment

Reviewed on 2017/09/01

Sometimes FinancialForce feels like a bit of overkill for our small business, but the functionality is unmatched, especially if you are a Salesforce shop. We have become significantly more efficient in our staffing since adopting FinancialForce, and maximizing our billable utilization rates is worth the investment.

Pros

Being a Salesforce app, integration between Opportunities and Projects is seamless, minimizing data entry and enabling robust reporting. Another huge benefit of this is that it's easy to customize the tool to your needs and automate processes. The resource planner is fantastic, very detailed and easy to use.

Cons

There are a ton of features that are overkill for our organization, but we can't disable or get rid of them. Some of these features generate a huge number of records that is starting to drive up our data storage costs. The learning curve is also steep, it took at least a year for us to really be using the tool smoothly and figure out what tweaks we needed to make to make the tool work well for us.