FinancialForce PSA Reviews

4.2/5 (47 reviews)
William M.

More than I need Human Capital Management Software

Reviewed on 2011/12/01

I would say if you are a small or medium business and you have no idea what an HR department or IT department looks like, then you need Vana Human Capital Management.

If you have employees and you want to increase performance, this solution is complete. HR departments will thank you, you will save time and headaches.

This made our performance reviews a dream. The social collaboration is new to us and has become the center of our corporate universe.

you will be overwhelmed so just be warned the Quick Start Implementation will appeal to you, but I encourage you to just get the next level up so the team at VanaWorkforce.com will do all the work for you.

Just get it.

Oh yeah, since it is on force.com it makes integration with CRM and other force.com products a single click of the mouse and has single sign-on, super cool.

Patrick.

Pros

The user interface is excellent. If you know Salesforce.com CRM then you will inherently know how to use Vana HCM. WOW! No training required.

Great future vision product, it has more than I need to manage my team, recruit and track people, leave, benefits, compensation, performance and more.

Even better I LOVE the Social Collaboration tool. It keeps my employees working and collaborating in the solution and not of facebook or twitter. Also love the collaboration on goals, initiatives, performance reviews and projects.

Top it off the library was an added bonus, since I can store and share corporate documents and even education materials as part of the solution (free) and have my team collaborate with others on these and track it in the learning management.

Overall: over the top! Thank you.

Cons

There is almost too much to learn. The overwhelm is consuming. I wish I had the ability to configure everything that is delivered.

Knowing where to start was a bit daunting, thank goodness they did the first series of configurations to launch the product and provided me with an easy to use Getting Started Guide so my team could calm down and get started 1...2...3

Learning to use the system most effectively was a challenge, but I think we finally got it. It may have been more of a resistance to change, rather than a solution problem. It took a while to adopt it as a company, but we are all on the same page now and it ROCKS!

The Social Org Chart was a bit of a challenge to set up, but easy to re-org and fix with a little help and is now AWESOME!

Emily S.

Robust app with tons of functionality, requires major investment

Reviewed on 2017/09/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Sometimes FinancialForce feels like a bit of overkill for our small business, but the functionality is unmatched, especially if you are a Salesforce shop. We have become significantly more efficient in our staffing since adopting FinancialForce, and maximizing our billable utilization rates is worth the investment.

Pros

Being a Salesforce app, integration between Opportunities and Projects is seamless, minimizing data entry and enabling robust reporting. Another huge benefit of this is that it's easy to customize the tool to your needs and automate processes. The resource planner is fantastic, very detailed and easy to use.

Cons

There are a ton of features that are overkill for our organization, but we can't disable or get rid of them. Some of these features generate a huge number of records that is starting to drive up our data storage costs. The learning curve is also steep, it took at least a year for us to really be using the tool smoothly and figure out what tweaks we needed to make to make the tool work well for us.

7.0/10

FinancialForce Helped Streamline My Billing Process

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

FF PSA allowed me to create and bill projects from the quotes and opportunities from our sales team, it helped combine multiple processes that existed before.

Pros

I like that FF allowed me to bill directly from projects we created in Salesforce. Previously we had separate systems and it was time consuming.
I also like that we are able to customize our project fields and opportunities. I also use the report creating tool a lot.

Cons

I sometimes have limitations with specific auto calculations it runs, but they are few at this point.

Regina N.

Powerful, but not always in the right places

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

Integrates with SalesForce and NetSuite. Allows resource planning, revenue recognition, and forecasting in one place.

Cons

Project planning is rudimentary (Gantt only). No good options for sharing project info with people outside of our organization without extra licenses. Process-heavy features are not a great fit for our organization's culture.

6.0/10
John L.

PSA for Project Management

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

A lot of builtin Project Management tools. Somewhat difficult to train Users on, due to the complexity of our requirements and instance. Easy to maintain, add and remove Users.

Cons

Complexity. A lot of moving parts in the background. We over designed our instance and the group that uses it only uses about 20% of the capabilities.

Melinda O.

FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) review

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

We have been able to do better resource allocation and better insights into how utilized our teams are

Pros

Utilization and project management as it was able to help us better align resources

Cons

the project task gantt was hard to use and did not function properly

Amazing Features

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

We are using our PSA for time reporting. There are so many additional features like resource requests, project scheduling, and overall project management that we are beginning to explore. We are also setting up our skills management module this quarter, which will allow us to improve utilization within our team.

Pros

I appreciate how PSA links with SalesForce and our customer support modules. As a "superuser" I have all the information that I need at my fingertips. I can address questions from different teams (i.e., sales, support, consultants). I also have files and supporting documentation at a click of a button.

Cons

The software isn't very intuitive and can't be installed out of the box and utilized in a day. It takes a few weeks to get accustomed to the functionality, but can take months to explore all of the features. They do have an AMAZING support community. I found that have a relationship with the customer success manager to be most helpful.

Linda N.

Restrictions on Access

Pros

Ability to import and export data
Easy to Customize

Cons

Dashboard creations are limited
Must purchase additional licenses for those who only need view only access
Would like to be able to link to SAP

Great for Professional Services/Project tracking

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Pros

Project Management features are great. Billing and financials tracking too.

Cons

Configuration and setup seem convoluted and can be difficult to understand at times.

Eric E.

Great reporting functionality

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

Reporting and ability to run bulk updates to project entries.

Cons

Some of the features like setting up automated reports and dashboards are not intuitive

FinancialForce helps me manage my business!

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Pros

FinancialForce is fairly easy to use but you definitely need to have an admin who is savvy with FF & SFDC. Once it is setup how you need it, it is fabulous. Reporting can be challenging at times hence the need for a savvy system admin.

Cons

The need to export things to Excel for extensive reporting and develop pivot tables to get full data analysis. This is really not just a FinancialForce limitation as we had to do this with other tools we have used.

Kacy H.

analyst / admin

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Pros

functionality, time tracking ability to use metrics to run business

Cons

project mgmt gantt tool, not very easy to use

Gabriel N.

Easy to use for the one who knows it.

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

I think this software can get intuitive if it's designed right by management. The options are endless so anyone can build it to be as simple or complex as you want.

Pros

I like the fact that its customization is very granular, we are in the process to adapt it to our business and we learn about more and more options that make the automation of processes much easier.

Cons

In general I have had many issues where project deadlines are directly linked to the projects a resource can add to their time cards.
I have had many situations where after the project is over, a client requests changes, and I cannot add work hours to my time entry because the project does not show in my selection. Worse part is I have to track the PM to tell them the situation in order have them help you. And that is a bit of a process as well.

David E.

Using SCM and Financial packages for ECommerce

Reviewed on 2017/08/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Would love to see built in EDI support

Pros

Salesforce platform, Half Decent API, Great customer support. Allows you to manage things in one place. Lower cost of ownership. Installation and maintenance is nothing compared to most ERP solutions.

Cons

API could be more developed. Difficult to customize using apex (ie I would love to see some dependency injection here for custom logic of doing some things). ERP software is complex FF is not exclusion.

Kevin L.

FF Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

Ease of use - all sales and account related material is in one place.

Cons

The UI looks a bit dated but other than that nothing crazy.

Tiana R.

Way to scale

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

I love that I am able to pull reports, put in staffing requests, manage my budget, manage my team's expenses, and report my own time and expenses in the same place.

Cons

Some of the features are not intuitive, like requesting time off.

Thumbs up to FinancialForce

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

This software is so much better than the previous software we used in the past. Its simple and easy to access and review reporting.

Cons

I don't like that with using a MAC I have to expand the screen to sumbit things.

Nolan M.

FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

This tool has helped our company get important data that we need.

Cons

This software can be very hard to use and to get the proper configurations unless you hire a specialist or have somebody with experience.

Good tool; can be hard to make the most out of it

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

Very powerful tool with a lot of functionality.

Cons

It takes a significant amount of customization in order to make the most of it.

7.0/10
Richard t M.

Reporting good, but very buggy, last generation technology

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

Provides an interface to let my staff interact and submit information (time cards, expenses, etc.). The ability to pull reports is very helpful and reduces staff time

Cons

It's very buggy. Crashes at least once a week and our team loses data all the time. For example, saving time cards has been a nightmare. Generally PSA feels like technology and an interface from the early 2000's. It's dated, and not fun to use.

2.0/10

FF PSA is a Winner

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

Seamless integration with Salesforce CRM. Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface. Super responsive support team. Unlimited flexibility with all the features offered.

Cons

There's some level of complexity involved for beginners considering the sheer number of features available. A lot of updates, at times unnecessary but part of what keeps the FF engine humming along. Could be some improvements to mobile and reporting.

Jim H.

FF PSA review

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

Many features included which fit together well

Cons

Reporting functionality difficult to use and get the data desired. Does not fit together with SalesForce reporting very well.

Depends on your needs

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

Although I do not love the user interface, Financialforce works consistently.

Cons

It's complicated and lacks basic project management functionality.

5.0/10
John H.

Significants improvements to Financial Control for an NGO

Reviewed on 2011/12/22

Excellent analysis tools and integration with Excel supports our multiple reporting and wider organisational needs.

Pros

Excellent Multi-currency.
Dimensions Feature allows the level of reporting we need to comply with multi-country/currency/project/phase/donor requirements.
Very easy to use and to train others to use.
Excellent import/export facility with Excel.
Web based allows field and UK staff to work in real time on the same data.

Cons

We are an NGO, and our requirements are only for General Ledger, so I cannot comment on the pros and cons of the full system.
We also use SalesForce; which is a pre-requisite to gain some of the benefits above.

A solid addition to the Salesforce platform for tracking professional services activity

Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Pros

It complements the Salesforce application and so skills using and creating reports / dashboards can be transferred

Cons

At times the interface is very extensive and can be overwhelming to users. Many of our staff have failed to create dashboards that reflect their reporting needs