Stitch Labs Reviews

Alan
  • Industry: Furniture

Stitch Labs - One App to Rule All Your Channels

Reviewed on 2014/12/02

Stitch Labs has truly become the foundation of our busines and I wholeheartedly recommend it for any shop selling through multiple channels.
We rely on Stitch to keep three channels up to date with available inventory: our retail Shopify storefront, our reseller Shopify storefront, and Amazon. We initially went with Stitch so our two Shopify stores could share inventory. We had previously tried some of the variant-based app workarounds for wholesaling on Shopify, and while valiant efforts, they call came up short, namely because they "broke" integrating with other apps unaware of the unconventional use of variants (like FB publishing apps). Other stand-alone Stitch competitors were also not an option either because they could only handle one Shopify store, not multiple.
Amazon integration was a real bonus, as we previously abandoned selling on Amazon due to the administrative burden of constantly updating inventory on Amazon. We also sell through an additional, less common, marketplace not supported by Stitch. No problem. Stitch lets us effortlessly enter the orders through its web portal. Within minutes our three other online channels are updated to reflect the proper inventory levels.
We began with Stitch about a year ago. It was fine then and it just keeps getting better. For starters, we love the new UI – clean, consistent, and informative. The recent speed boost and other tweaks make it a pleasure to use. We are also thrilled with the new BETA bundling feature. Some complain about Shopify lacking this or that function. However, some of that is by design. Bundling is one such feature – I do not want it in Shopify because we have multiple channels.

Bottom line: Stitch Labs saves us time, saves us money, saves our sanity, and allows us to smoothly manage our business in the multi-channel world that is modern e-commerce.

Pros

Well designed app.
Great support.
Continual incremental improvements.

Cons

Occasionally slow in searching

Daniel
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Overall one of the better solutions on the cloud but with its flaws

Reviewed on 2016/12/01

We are grandfathered in from early stitchlabs pricing so we don't pay the $499 monthly price. Given that I miss out on upgrades as stitchlabs tries to phase out my $75/mo plan and force me to switch over. I use it with Shopify, Shipstation, Xero, Amazon, Paypal and Stipe.

Eventually I will but not yet and here's the Pros and Cons why:

Pros

Here's why I stay and you probably would choose this platform:

It's the better one out there. I tried almost all of them for a trial period and gave each a good try except cin7 which required too much time to setup. It's avg but it works and support will attempt to fix issues if they can be fixed. The amount of bugs on other platforms outweighed any feature advantage they had over stitch. And overall I needed this to work which it did except the XERO invoicing. Any other PRO is completely outlined in product reviews professionally written I just needed to fill in some cons.

Cons

It's slow! Well slow vs working on a software platform running on a central server. The cloud has it's perks such as ease of access but speed takes a hit.

The service went down once this year during peek hours, that blew.

The platform is still being developed and sometimes upgrades are rolled out too soon so users are forced to deal with bugs. Ex. Right now I have roughly 10 orders with custom items unable to be closed. It worked fine before but now they are just stuck and it's annoying. Support knows about the problem and couldn't give a time frame when this would be fixed (going on 3 weeks now.)

Integration sucks with XERO! Invoices are constantly missing and we need to double check to make sure invoices get transferred. A manual push can be requested but still some don't get transferred. Support also knows about this but I think there's little hope for this fix. (going on 3-4 months with this one) To be fair I've seen this with other platforms as well so not sure who's at fault here. Support just let me know they need to fix something but couldn't elaborate. I think it has to do with repeat customers who's accounts already exist in XERO since those are usually the invoices missing.

Development is slow and features that would make the platform more efficient are missing. Such as reporting, x-links within PO's Orders Inventory using variants, Sorting, etc just naming a few.

Graham

3 Years on Stitch

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

We started using StitchLabs for our inventory in 2015 and have used it ever since.

We like how easy it is to fix unlinked orders. When orders become estranged from their parent (due to SKUs not matching between Amazon and StitchLabs, for example) it's easy to identify them and fix the issues.

The basic reporting capabilities are useful but not being able to access them on my phone makes the usefulness of them very limited.

Cons

You can't edit inventory levels (quick reconcile) on the product level. Super basic but pretty much essential aspect of any inventory system.

Seeing our available inventory is nearly impossible to determine unless we do a tedious subtraction formula for each product just to see our current inventory (Current - Available = Actual Inventory).

Stitch loads very slowly on all our computers - mostly 2017 iMacs and MacBook Pros.

Stitch has increased their cost dramatically since we started, resulting in a massively unexpected withdrawal from our bank account of $4,000 in a 5 month period due to "overages", which is nothing more than Amazon FBA orders.

We're starting a few new businesses soon and we're definitely not using StitchLabs with any new business, and we're trying to figure out how to jump ship onto a different system that we're using for another business of ours that doesn't charge per unit sold.

If you're a small business please don't make the same mistake we did and find a different inventory system that doesn't penalize you on each unit sold, especially if you sell on Amazon FBA.

StitchLabs will work great for you when you're small, but once you grow to a small business you're locked into Stitch and then you're basically SOL.

Excellent Cloud Based Inventory System

Reviewed on 2015/08/17

Our business has been around for 30 years, and until we made the switch to Stitch Labs, we have been using Excel spreadsheets to manage our inventory. This meant having to manually add/subtract inventory, having no clear reporting, and just a jumbled mess of data (since columns were added whenever they were needed, and not always used for what they were meant for). We decided we needed to make a change to a better system that would allow us to spend less time doing the tedious work of managing the inventory (which was inevitably wrong), and more time running our business. We are a fishing tackle business that has 1,000's of products/variants and Stitch Labs made it a breeze to add products to their system by building the lists in Excel, which we are used to, and then importing the data to their system in bulk. Their support is also impeccable, we were a little shy about making a commitment to a monthly payment for our inventory system, but from day one, the "Master Stitchers" have been there when we needed them , even when we don't. I love the fact that they proactively call their clients and check up on them and see if there is anything they are stuck with or having issues with. That's a big plus with us versus companies that are willing to take your money, and then never followup with you.

Pros

- Bulk Add/Edit Inventory
- Easy to use User Interface
- A lot of built in Reports (with the ability to have them make you custom reports)
- Cloud Based (Can work from home on adding new products to the system)
- Integrated with 3rd party ecommerce systems that allow you to manage inventory and orders from a central location
- Great support staff

Cons

None so far. Even though there are some convenience features that I would like that aren't in there, being a cloud based system, Stitch Labs is constantly adding new features and improving the system.

We use this for inventory and channel management

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

We use this all day every day. It gives us unlimited custom fields, brings in orders, reminds us to reorder, allows intracompany transfers, and new features are constantly being added.

Pros

The way it handles inventory management over numerous online channels is amazing and the way it calculates and automates PO's is a time and life saver.

Cons

I wish it had more financial capability. Currently we tie it to Quickbooks for statements and such, but it would be nice if it was an all in one solution.

Jordan

Powerful and robust Inventory Management

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Their customer service is amazing. The chat feature is available most of the day, and has been invaluable for us. Overall, inventory tracking has been improved greatly with Stitch Labs.

Pros

It pretty seamlessly syncs to a vast array of sales channels and services. And customer service is pretty astoundingly great. The reporting features are very robust as well.

Cons

There's no way to manage production components/materials, or WIPs (work in progress). The inventory CSV process is a little cumbersome, and very small mistakes on it can have devastating results if no backup is kept.

Debbie

Stitch is a great solution to manage my inventory over all my selling channels

Reviewed on 2015/09/20

We operate several online stores and a storefront boutique. Stitch is the perfect solution to manage our product counts over several channels. Our top rated power seller status on eBay relies on good service, accuracy in inventory and managing all of this myself was very time consuming and not always perfect. The set up did take a week of work and effort on my part in gathering up all of our product skus, but once all the data was uniform across the channels stitch was able to link everything together and now we are up and running very smooth. When an item seems on Amazon stitch pulls or replaces it across all the stores. I love this app and am so happy to finally have a solution that works. No more worry overtime an item sells out that I have to pull it quick off eBay or Amazon because stitch is on it.

Pros

1.Very simple with skus on all the products
2. Great solution for multi-channel selling
3. Saves so much time and worry
4. Once the set up was complete it works like a charm. Love it
5. No more worries when a last item sells on a channel to hurry and pull it because stitch does all the work
6. Reports on product sales provide info to make better decisions
7. Best solution for a multi-channel store

Cons

!. Does not link with my 3dcart website. Please add 3dcart
2. Customer service is hard to reach in the initial set up
3. Had some problems in the set up with Square creating duplicates and had to manually delete them. It was time consuming
4. No phone support unless you upgrade your plan
5. Wish I would have kept shopify because it is compatible, but needed pay with Amazon that 3dcart provided

• Industry: Photography

Independent Boutique Designer

Reviewed on 2015/08/28

I started my business last year and I was on the hunt for software that would be able to keep up with my ever changing inventory during trade shows season with the ability to match my online stores. Its been the greatest backend to my business. Tracking all my orders fluidly and effortlessly and allows me more time to be working on new designs. One of the best features is the reports and being able to track all the little details to make sure that I am ontop of my game through and through.

Pros

There are to many Pro's to list, everything works seamlessly and effortlessly and the customer service is great.

Cons

My only con would be that I don't see my 'cash' square purchases on my Stitch Labs so I have to manually enter the trade show I am at the keep up with my selling/stock. I also don't have my Square set up perfectly to be able to match so it could be my own issue. I haven't had to much time to sit down and make my 'Square' app look as nice as my Stitch Labs app.

Beth
Beth

Stitchlabs is a fantastic tool!

Reviewed on 2015/03/19

Stitchlabs has become an integral tool used everyday by our team to manage orders, inventory and invoicing. The easy reporting system has helped us gain visibility and insights on top sellers and top margin styles. They interface is user friendly and clean providing nice looking templates and documents for our customers. I would recommend Stitch to any new and existing business!

Pros

User friendly
Clean interface
Easy to use and train staff
Has reduced time
Increase efficiency

Cons

No integration with SquareSpace
Slow loading at times
Custom capabilities with logo and fonts
Editing could be improved (editing addresses could be per line rather than the entire address)

Bill

The magic wand of integration - Stitch Rocks!

Reviewed on 2015/02/27

We were looking for a solution that would tie our online eCommerce platform to an order management/inventory system, but also make shipping very easy. WE run Fatbikes.com and have to balance consumer direct sales with a growing network of wholesale dealers. After very careful consideration and a leap of faith, we chose StitchLabs as a hub to connect a BigCommerce cart to accounting and shipping solution. The result? A seamless, efficient system that was intuitive to use. We have been very happy.

Pros

Constantly adding additional functionality. Good customer support. Intuitive interface. Great integration with commonly used eCommerce platforms.

Cons

No easy way to handle a return.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Okay for first order management/inventory managment system

Reviewed on 2022/09/29

Okay. They were a new company when we used them so could make updates routinely, however the limited bandwidth of the team meant your needs weren't always the highest priority.

Pros

Was somewhat easy to deploy. If your business is not super complicated (1-2 warehouse) it works well.

Cons

As you business gets more complicated with more sales channels and multiple warehouses the overall software becomes hard to deploy.

Ricky
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Stitch Labs - Brains of the Inventory

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

It's a great inventory management system. The cons I listed are minor and don't take away from the overall system.

Pros

We use Stitch Lab purely for our inventory management. It seamlessly integrates our e-commerce sites (Shopify/Amazon) with our shipping software Shipstation. So it creates a centralized system where orders come into and flow out through to for shipping with maintaining real-time inventory. It's user friendly, the interface is simple, nothing fancy but works well for us. Customer Service experience has been great for me so far. I've emailed customer support a few times and have gotten my issues to resolve within 24 hours.

Cons

1. No app available for phone/tablet! Seems like everything has an app for it now, how does Stitch Labs not have one?
2. When you reconcile/adjust inventory, the entry you make is permanent. I'm not sure why you shouldn't be able to back to that entry and edit/delete. If you make a mistake you basically need to make a corresponding entry to reverse the mistake rather then being able to correct it in the original entry.
3. I did notice on select reports when I try to filter the channel and run the report it doesn't actually filter it out. I have to manually delete it on the CSV file myself. It's not hard but still a bit annoying. Please note this only happens on a few of the reports I run.
4. For some reason, when you create an order and select the date, then click next to finalize the date changes to the day before. Not sure why it does that.

Sarah

LOVE Stitch Labs!

Reviewed on 2016/06/29

I've been using Stitch Labs since about the time they launched. I loved them then and I love them now! What a huge help to have my invoicing and inventory all in one place. Stitch automatically imports all of my Etsy sales, and it's super easy to create my own invoicing for retail or wholesale orders.

Pros

I love the integrations. I started out on Etsy, so having my sales from that platform automatically imported was exactly what I was looking for. I'm also looking to expand into my own e-commerce site and I love that it will also be able to be integrated!

Customer service is great. They are prompt, personal and friendly!

Cons

I feel like adding in products can be a little tricky. After playing around with it for awhile, though, I have figured it out.

I also feel that the current cost is a bit high for small one-man/woman creative companies. Because I started from the beginning and was grandfathered in, my monthly cost is lower than the advertised price. If this wasn't the case, I don't know that I would be able to afford it. I would love to see an option at a lower cost for me to be able to recommend to friends and colleagues who are just getting started in their own creative businesses and need a tool to keep them organized with inventory and invoicing.

Tyler

Full Featured

Reviewed on 2021/02/07

Easy to use, but you need to understand the structure of how the software works. A background in inventory management and using SKUs is helpful. Does everything it is supposed to do. Works in the background as you make sales to keep everything in tune.

Pros

Stitch Labs allows you to seamlessly sync your inventory levels among all your retail channels. From WooCommerce to eBay to Amazon, when an item sells on once channels the inventory levels are adjusted everywhere. This saves time and money, and allows you not to oversell.

Cons

Some aspects can be tricky to setup, but the documentation and customer service are right there to help you. Quite a bit of reporting features and I personally don't use much, but the options are there.

Karen

After the initial data input it became fairly user friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Control of all my channels (Amazon, In store and our 2 websites) in one place. Continually upgrading software for ease of use. Great pricing.

Pros

I love that we can now control our inventory through one channel! Stitch also provides us with comprehensive reports for all of our channels.

Cons

On occasion there have been some unexplained glitches, but it is running smoothly. We had to erase and start all over due to bad advise from customer service.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

The program itself is great, but the customer service is lacking

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

It helped our company keep track of sales and inventory with powerful reporting, and general ease of use.

Pros

There is a lot of functionality in this software that makes tracking inventory a breeze, and for the price point you will not find anything that comes close to it.

Cons

The software tended to have random updates that would just move things around to new places, but not really improve the overall feel of the user. It was more so just confusing.

Tanner

Great Starter Inventory Management Program

Reviewed on 2017/12/21

Pros

I love being able to process payments through Autorize.Net with StitchLabs. The reports are very user-friendly and there are many different kinds I can run.

Cons

The software seems to be very slow at loading from page to page. I catch myself manually switching inventory over from Shopify to Warehouse which makes it tedious and time-consuming.

Hamid

Like it a lot.

Reviewed on 2017/09/09

Pros

Simple to use and Reliable. Connects with main Market Places and with many other add ons such as quickbooks.

Cons

Does not support Walmart, Houzz or various market places. Price has been increasing lately. It has a couple of glitches, but nothing to really worry about.

Catchy name and nice entry-level product

Reviewed on 2017/12/28

Pros

Loved Stitch when I was beginning my business. It provided the perfect balance between cost and functionality.

Cons

Ultimately, I had to migrate to an enterprise level solution as my e-commerce needs outgrew Stitch.

Trevor

Wonderful time saving product that helps me keep organized

Reviewed on 2015/10/01

Pros

The software is top notch and easy to use even for people like me that are generally computer friendly but can be overwhelmed with software at time. It's also very stable and rarely crashes or has errors. The support as well is wonderful. I haven't had to use it much since the software works as it should, but the few times I have used their support it was very quick and helpful.

Cons

There really isn't much I dislike and what I do dislike seems minor and petty to complain about. I guess having later phone support for evening issues would be pretty nice. Adding more channels such as 11main and other newer marketplaces would be great too, but for all I know those could all already be in the works.

willc

very happy

Reviewed on 2012/11/06

I'm VERY happy with Stitch. Just the ability to add items (even custom work) to invoices after the order is placed through Shopify is HUGE. It's saving us time with bookkeeping, and providing all the information to our bookkeeper that she needs in just two reports. We're staying out of Quickbooks and able to focus less on invoicing, payment methods, and A/R and more on getting those orders out the door. Data entry and fulfillment times are dramatically reduced while giving us more and better data for tracking sales, trends, and A/R. Win win win.

Interface is excellent. Learning curve is very easy. I was able to train our staff to use the program in very little time (huge advantage over Quickbooks). The setup does take a bit of time, and I'm hopeful that will decrease as the platform is developed further.

The customer support is INCREDIBLE. Stitch has taken a very personal interest in our satisfaction with the application. Response times to emails are insanely quick and instruction on current functionality or fixes are also lightning fast.

Very satisfied and very excited to be on board with Stitch.

Jamie

Everything I Needed & More!

Reviewed on 2012/11/09

The gang at stitch have got it going on! Not only have they created a system with the handmade and indie biz owners in mind, they are all about making sure our businesses are managed easily - I'm actually running my business now rather than my business running me! The communication from the team is stellar and I've loved being a part of testing new features! The call I had with the guys was helpful, hilarious, and they even integrated a suggested I made THAT NIGHT! Now I only keep online shops that are integrated with stitch current because stitch does all the work for me! I can't say enough about Stitch and what a HUGE impact it has made for me and my business! I get up to the minute stats on the process of orders, my expenses, revenues, and even inventory! I can add as many custom fields as I want to keep track of them via the generated reports! Wholesale line sheets? Stitch does that too! There are so many features that Stitch has (for such a low fee), I wouldn't want to be without it! Heck, I don't know how I managed before!

Sam

Stitch is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2012/11/12

I run a small business and just started using Stitch earlier this year. I'm going into the busy holiday season and am LOVING how much time Stitch is saving me!

I make most of my products, but also have two local people who help. I sell at craft shows, in stores across the US, and online. I've been able to use the reports feature to take a snapshot of my current on-hand inventory and in-production inventory so I can make sure I produce exactly what I'm running low on instead of just guessing. I can also keep track of sales at many different price points - full retail, consignment, and wholesale.

I also love the invoicing feature. I use to invoice through Paypal, but now I feel like my invoices are much more professional. I can print packing slips, email invoices, keep track of packages - I love it!

When I first started using it, I wasn't sure if it was going to really help me out all that much. Now I don't know how I got by without it! Try it out, you won't be sorry!

BeastWares

You need Stitch, you really do.

Reviewed on 2012/11/08

Stitch is amazing and so are the people behind it! The GUI is friendly, straightforward and easy to navigate, and it's been so helpful in terms of keeping my orders and inventory straight. Plus, the report functions are a great way to see what's selling and project and plan for the next season. Best of all, the folks at Stitch are always, and I mean ALWAYS, present and happy to answer the smallest, and, in my case, often mildly inane, questions. They're constantly evolving and improving the app; since I started with them in August of 2011 they've integrated with several of the sites I use most and have plans for more in the future--how awesome is that? My data entry just got cut in half! The price is more than reasonable for what you get--it's far cheaper than my gym membership with much better results! The Stitch team really makes you feel like part of the family, and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Caroline

Intuitive, Easy - I Heart Stitch!

Reviewed on 2012/11/06

So I'm pretty new at ALL this stuff, and someone involved in getting our BC site set up suggested Stitch to me - very, very glad he did, I love it. Super-easy to set up, very intuitive, and the customer service from Stitch Labs is incredible - they're fast, they're smart, they're helpful, and they're really nice :) My accounting person is set up with a log in now too, and she is thrilled. Even little things like having a button for my next step within an order ("Add package" button at my finger tips right after I've added a packing slip, for instance, instead of having to navigate back via tabs). Not a huge deal, but it makes things very comfortable. It also has potential to grow with my company, which is great. A lot of times, I find myself thinking, "it can't be that easy," and then, turns out, it certainly is. Thanks Stitch, from a total e-commerce newbie :)