10,000ft

High-level project resource management tool for modern teams

Michelle E.

Progess!

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

I was leery of the way "insights" and "plans" were initially split up, but I must say - 10000ft hit it out of the park with the reinvention of this software! The program allows for creative, strategic thinking - which a lot of PM software does not.

Cons

There is no native mobile app. It does always work well with certain browsers and occasionally have to remind myself to "save everything."

Salvatore F.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Easy to use, visually pretty, saves a lot of time

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Saves me a lot of complex spreadsheet editing in excel.

Pros

It is very easy to use and I like the simplicity of the reporting. The ability to change from a daily view to a yearly view is essential.

Cons

Perhaps a trade off with easy of use but could do with some more power in places. Although the reporting is beautifully simple, it does mean I have to revert to excel to generate the info I need a lot of the time. Could also do with some support around scheduling conflicts and multiple timeline views.

Nicola M.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Good simple timesheets

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

This software has proven a good simple way to keep track of our hours.

Pros

We find the software simple and intuitive for keeping timesheets and assigning hours per project and work stage for simple billing.

Cons

The software is fairly standalone and we have to manually input the time data into our invoices. We don’t use the expense feature.

• Industry: Design

Worst Support I've had to deal with

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

Pros

This software makes it easy to keep track of budgets and resourcing.

Cons

This software has the worst customer support I've dealt with in a long time. They found a bug with my companies projects and it still hasn't been fixed over a week later.

Seddik W.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

10,000ft Plans

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

Pros

User Defined Reports
Even if you're not buying into the big data trend, you can't discount the value of good reporting. 10,000ft Plans has the high-level dashboard you're used to, and its reporting platform lets users create custom reports based on their own business needs.

Allocate Resources Across Projects
If your project teams are ever-changing, 10,000ft Plans's ability to view to allocation of resources across projects can save you many headaches.

Budgets and Expenses
Talk about time savings. 10,000ft Plans cuts down on the need for multiple systems or integrations by allowing users to create budgets and manage expenses within the platform.

Cons

No Customization Options
Calling 10,000ft Plans rigid might be a stretch, but its lack of customization options should be noted. It's more than just visual tweaks too. For example, you can't make custom fields to save off data that might be specific to your company's process.

Lack of Collaboration
Depending on the organization of your company and its projects, collaboration within your PM solution may or may not be important. With that said, if built-in collaboration is a big selling point for you, 10,000ft Plans will most likely fall short of your expectations.

Tom N.

Overpriced, needs to hire a UX person, misses the point

Reviewed on 2017/09/29

Pros

Capacity resource management is super helpful. The end product & level of analytics that 10k can achieve is very helpful.

Cons

The work needed to make the system useful took 1 person's time over 1 full month to onboard 10 people.

The pricing structure are in lots of 10 people.

This is the single worst UX application I've ever been swindled into paying for.

The time tracking uses decimals instead of time 1.5 is 1 hour & 30 minutes...

It was just a bad experience.

We switched to Harvest + Forecast. WAY better.

Response from 10,000ft

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the honest and direct review.

It sounds like 10,000ft wasn¿t a great fit for the way your team works. As every company has its own nuances, we know that our solution won't be perfect for all teams. Often, the first few months serve as a pilot for evaluation to understand if and how our software might help support your process.

We¿re always working on improving the software and balancing the desire from some customers to add more complexity and the desire from others to simplify. We know it can be a daunting task to find the right software for your needs, so we appreciate you taking the time to evaluate 10,000ft and we¿re glad to hear that you¿ve found another good solution for the size of your team and needed functionality that this time.

Best of luck,
The 10,000ft Team

Yeshuwanth L.

Revolutionized tracking

Reviewed on 2018/03/31

Pros

The custom features to allow us to filter the tool to our unique inner workings as a company.
I also love the new project dashboard and the sortable columns.

Cons

Lacks some important features. Vacation/PTO tracking should be more robust. QB export is not customizable. No ability to dictate payroll period. Lacks notifications for approval processes.

Katy

description could use more help

Reviewed on 2013/06/26

your website makes it looks like something exciting, modern etc but very hard to get a grasp of what your software really does even after reading quite a bit, website could use wording that will make it clearer at first glance

Pros

otherwise looks great, creative graphics, modern look

Response from 10,000ft

Hi Katy,

Thank you for checking out 10,000ft and your feedback about the website.

We are working on a new website that will improve the way we communicate 10,000ft. We are also creating new content that explains the features and benefits of our product in the simplest possible way. It would be great if you would join us as an early tester of the new website and give us your thoughts. Would you like to help us?

Hope to hear back from you!

10,000ft team

Adam K.

Promising but

Reviewed on 2018/04/22

Pros

Scalability, ie the ability to use platform with little data inputs for quick planning or lots of data for a deeper dive on projects with a higher degree of confidence.

Cons

Need more functions. Ability to see and edit all resources in one view. Need a status for phases, ie tentative or confirmed. Need the ability to edit colors by discipline. Feedback loop for product dev could be better. Is there an API? Need to integrate with other platforms.

Response from 10,000ft

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback. It's helpful to hear what's working for you (great to hear 10,000ft has been scaling well) and what could be better - I've passed it onto our product team.

We do have a robust bi-directional API that your team can set up to use our data with other apps (link here: https://www.10000ft.com/plans/reference/integration/api-overview). We'd be happy to walk you through details and make sure you have the info you need to scope out the integration work. Some teams have built some pretty cool things with it (here's an example: https://www.10000ft.com/blog/fancy-pants-group-case-study).

If you email us at [email protected], we can set up a time to chat.

Hope that helps! Thanks again for your feedback.

- Natalie + the 10,000ft team

• Industry: Research

Total disappoint: adds complexity and confusion instead of productivity

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

Use this in small consulting company as a trial: strongly advocate to scapulas it

Pros

unreponsive website and service, dead ends in usability, confusing systematics.
needs lots of configuration and training for its lack of logic and usability

Cons

performance and usability are a disappointing lack of logic and systematics produce errors and false interpretation

Bruce R.

Great

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

Pros

Absolutely Great. I was able to level up on my productivity rate due to the features of this app last month.

Cons

well, before I could say anything negative about this product, I would seriously need to give it more time

Matthew S.

Reviewed on 2016/05/13

Andrew B.

10,000ft plans

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

Customer support has always helped me with any questions I️ had. I would call at anytime and they were responsive.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. 10,000ft Plans is absolutely great and the way it was created is extremely user friendly.

Bashir B.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Lucy T.

Elevated our internal resource allocation, saving us hours each week

Reviewed on 2017/02/21

10,000ft Plans was our choice after a vetting process of several weeks and over a dozen different products. We needed something to improve our internal resource allocation capabilities to prevent over- or underbooking while also providing task management and schedule management both at an individual and company-wide level. When the 10,000ft team presented us with their "Schedule" view, we literally "ooh"ed and "aah"ed. It remains the most exciting feature about Plans for us, in addition to the reports and analytics we're able to run on our team's utilization, project budgets, and more.

The 10,000ft team is very receptive to feedback on their product (in fact, they often reach out to gather our feedback rather than waiting for us to provide it, which I feel is a sign of a great company), and we have had several suggestions for them that could improve our experience with the tool. Their response is always to be curious to understand the request and to thoroughly consider whether it's a change that makes sense for the tool as a whole. It's also happened more than once that we've mentioned a suggested feature they are already working on for the next update!

What we'd still love to see from 10,000ft is a more robust task communication system ("comments" on tasks aren't given enough weight in the interface for us to provide full communication among team members about what needs to happen on any given task, leading us to double-up in chat or email with full details), as well as some additional categorization on analytics. For example, there isn't currently a way to isolate only projects that are over budget or within a certain percentage of maxing out budget; instead we have to scroll the project list to find them, and then analyze one-by-one. There are a ton of other ways to categorize projects that are very useful, though.

It bears repeating that this is a company that is eager to learn from its customers. None of our input is cast aside even if it's not the right fit for the product overall, and that means a lot as a customer who depends on this tool. If you aren't getting enough insight into resource allocation, and if you want more insight into your project budgets and employee utilization, Plans is a solid option that has improved our workflow.

• Industry: Management Consulting

10,000ft is just the tool that I needed to effectively manage teams and projects!

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

Ease of reporting and visibility into what my team is working on

Pros

The interface is very easy to use and I like the ability to set-up our accounts, projects, and teams. I especially like the reporting functionality and how easy it makes it for me to forecast staffing needs and revenue while reporting on how as a team we are doing in comparison to what we forecast.

Cons

I'd like to be able to assign a custom color to each of my Accounts so that I can better visually see assignments based on that. Other than that, the tool is awesome!

Mollie A.

Our entire company runs off, it revolutionized our billing model

Reviewed on 2018/02/20

Pros

I love how you can allocate team members to projects. I also love that it got us away from the "timer method" of time tracking. This is much easier for my team.

Cons

The reporting functions leave a little to be desired. Most of all I would love for job costing to be included.

Marissa G.

TTF works great for long term projects

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

Scheduling and pulling reports

Pros

It is straight forward and easy to use. The analytics allows you to pull reports that are very helpful.

Cons

Flexibility - sometimes its cumbersome to make updates and share with other divisions who have different holidays.

Lauren G.
  • Industry: Design

A simple, visual scheduling tool.

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

We used 10kft for years and it worked for us, as a small agency, but as we grew we just wanted to streamline our processes and find a program that did more.

Pros

I really like how visual 10kft is. We could have a quick team meeting in the morning and everyone would instantly know what they're booked on. It did one thing pretty well, but as the studio grew we just needed more.

Cons

It could do more - you had to hover and wait to see the client, which was an inconvenience. There weren't enough colours for us to distinguish between projects and clients and project managers etc. And it just felt like there could be more features, such as adding tasks to projects to allow us to get rid of Slack.

Karel K.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

10000 ft plans

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

Pros

Very quick, not a lot of loading, lots of options and very detailed ones. You can do anything you want

Cons

There arent a lot of cons in my opinion, but i think the user interface could use a little face lift

Daniel T.

Reviewed on 2017/05/06

Jill N.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

budget friendly

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

Easy to use planner for projected cost and budgeting resources. User-friendly and easy to learn. this ranks in my top 15.

Giovanni pozza

Good tool with a great potential

Reviewed on 2013/02/16

Hi, I think 10000ft is great tool for the design of the interface, smart and simple. There's a good team board for planning and a useful timesheet. I think you can improve the management of the task and the possibility to use an agile view.
Best,