Neon CRM

Designed for Growth and Built for Good.

Ilana
Ilana

Effective all-in-one solution for our small nonprofit

Reviewed on 2016/03/01

We're a small environmental nonprofit with limited staff (4 FTE) and limited budget. We started using Neon about three years ago and it has proved a very capable, affordable solution. We use it to manage our membership files, mailing lists, credit card donations, event registration and our Birdathon (social fundraising like a walkathon). It was a HUGE improvement over our clunky old Access membership database. It also allows us to do all these things with one program, rather than separate programs for fundraising, event registration etc.

I also like that it is a cloud-based program, so if I am away from the office but need to look up a donor's email address or print out the attendance list for an event, I can do it from anywhere.

Of course there are downsides and occasional things that are a little clunky. Because it does so many things, there are instances where it won't manage a function as well as a program that is dedicated to that sole function. For instance, we would probably have more features in a social fundraising program that was ONLY social fundraising. BUT we don't have the budget or staff to manage multiple software programs and vendors plus multiple programs wouldn't be integrated like Neon is.

Our level of customer support from Neon allows us to submit help requests via email and get an email response. This took a little getting used to (there were times at the start where I just wanted to call up and get an immediate answer on the phone!). But the responses are usually very quick -- within an hour or two -- and on target. Once I got used to it, the email support system has worked fine for us.

I would definitely recommend Neon for other small or midsize nonprofits.

Markleigh

Neon CRM review

Reviewed on 2023/09/11

Overall, Neon CRM has greatly improved our ability to track and steward donors. Our fundraising endeavors have greatly benefited as have our events. And automating many of the processes like acknowledgments has freed up more time to work on further improvements. It's been a huge improvement over the excel spreadsheets we were using previously.

Pros

The constituent portal is what really stood out for me and made me choose Neon CRM over other options.

Cons

There are certainly some features that could be improved or added. I've found donation batching to be cumbersome. There is no sustaining membership option, where a recurring donation can be counted toward a membership. And the duplicate merging process is clunky.

DonorPerfect, Bloomerang and Little Green Light

Reasons for Choosing Neon CRM

We needed a better way to keep track of donors, donations and memberships

Microsoft Excel

Constituent portal and price

Response from Neon One

Hey Markleigh, thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback, it's always appreciated! Our product team is constantly updating our product roadmap to meet the needs of our clients, and there always seem to be great updates to the membership module. Have you submitted these ideas to the Suggestions Portal yet? I think these sound like great ideas (submit your idea here: https://feedback.neonone.com/)!

Megan

Disappointing and Financially Irresponsible.

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

I wouldn't recommend Neon to anyone in fundraising. It is not only the volunteer module that we struggle with. In general we have a more limited capacity for pulling reports. The system tracks memberships and donations and soft credits. If you wanted to take a quick snapshot of all monies that have come into your agency between those fields it doesn't have a place that it's all collected, it's broken out in separate categories. In general the system is pretty and appears to have nice capabilities. If Neon was honest from the beginning we could have gone with a cheaper option and found something that works for our agency. Now we are stuck, spending thousands on a data transfer. If you are considering Neon, don't. Read their 'comments' in their support center - eye opening. This is a dishonest company with poor support and a subpar product.

Pros

We moved from a large popular fundraising platform and we were excited about the abilities of Neon and how it would help us with donor stewardship. They have some helpful dashboards that are great for quick tracking. The system is large and has some neat capabilities. Some of them being: sent emails tracking, workflows, advanced searches, donation page is great, and having the ability to personalize the system to the user. The account profiles are user friendly and intuitive.

Cons

This is a tough area. Fundamentally we struggle daily with reporting and customer service. We track our volunteers and our donors (often times they are one in the same) and we are unable to pull any data on volunteer hours in a month - it's only tracked in a month period and gives you a lump sum of hours. In general output information to pull data on is limited. Often times when we have questions or need help we will reach out to support and are simply just sent links to the support pages. Which by the time we've reached out we have already read those. Additionally we were excited about the chat function. The chat function only works when they have staff 'on', which is not often. I look daily and I've managed to chat with someone twice only in 6 months time. Support staff have poor attitudes and don't meet the need for help. When we were looking to purchase new software we specifically had needs for volunteers and donors. We were told the system would meet our needs - it does not. Now we are stuck going back to using excel spreadsheets and doing double work and unable to rely on a database that we pay for the top of the line features.

Becky

NEONCRM is solid

Reviewed on 2023/12/06

Pretty solid platform - I enjoy using it.

Pretty solid platform - I enjoy using it.

Pros

Neon gets the job done and is pretty intuitive. I use it several times a day and find it to be easy to use.

Cons

I don't like the barriers to customer service/tech support. Often times I need a very quick question answered to move forward, and I'm delayed by several days becasue I have to schedule a call.

I wish the app had not been abandoned.

I wish the tribute gift function was more functional - during the reconciliation process, it would be nice to have a checkbox to mark when an acknowledgement card was sent to the honoree.

Response from Neon One

Hey Becky, thank you for your review! If you haven't attended our live group trainings or open office hours, I think those could be a worthwhile solution to the frustration you're feeling around support response times. You can sign up at the link below and gain access to one of our team members to get your questions answered: https://academy.neonone.com/page/neon-crm-live-trainings

Daniel

Pretty good product, does most of what I need

Reviewed on 2021/03/26

I've been mostly happy with the product. My disappointment, thankfully, have been very minor, and I can happily recommend this for anyone needing the advancved options that i did.

Pros

I chose Neon CRM because it was the most comprehensive CRM solution that I encountered that did not also cost a fortune. I have very specific needs beyond basic donor management. I also needed event management and member management components. Almost no other products had all of these capabilities built in.

Cons

I haven't used some of the features because they aren't as good as what i am currently using, especially for social media, email newsletter, and donor letters. The software offers a LOT of features, which is not a downside, but it also takes some time to find out how everything works. Neon provides a lot of tutorials, however, which are usually spot on.

Reasons for Choosing Neon CRM

My previous product did not have the capabilities I needed for an expanding mission.

Reasons for Switching to Neon CRM

Greater functionality was built in to NEON CRM and I didn't want to parcel out the functionality among several different products.

Response from Neon One

Daniel, we hear you! Thank you for the honest review and feedback. We know that email has been a pain point in the past, which is why we are uncovering some major updates on April 10, 2021. If you want to find out more about the updates to our email functionality, you can tune in to our webinar: https://neonone.com/resources/event/product-webinar-neon-crms-new-email-tools/

Amanda

Learning curve - but worth it!

Reviewed on 2022/04/28

Our overall experience with Neon CRM has been positive. I am excited to use the software creatively to diversify our revenue, and grow our social impact. Neon CRM was the exact "next step" we needed.

Pros

I love the diverse capabilities of the NeonCRM software. We have been able to apply it in multiple areas to grow our small non-profit.

Cons

The least favorite part of NeonCRM has been the learning curve and ease of use for a few of our employees. Most of our team is 20-40 years old, and are used to different work flows on other applications. Biggest areas of work flow issues are in the email feature and website form set up.

Kindful and DonorPerfect

Reasons for Switching to Neon CRM

I was happy with the level of customer support and counsel we received in our research process. I felt like no question was unanswered from the Neon One team. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did an incredible job sharing what the product did and how it could be used for a non-profit our size.

Response from Neon One

Thank you for the feedback, Amanda! We're glad to hear that Neon CRM's wide feature set have been working well for your org.

We're really proud to be able to offer a lot of features in one software platform, but a big focus for our upcoming development projects is making Neon CRM easier to learn and use, especially for non-admin users who need clear learning paths and workflows.

Paul
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Very nice tool, slick and easy to use

Reviewed on 2022/04/27

Above all, Neon CRM is part of our institutional memory efforts. Previously, we had one employee who kept all notes in his brain, on cocktail napkins, and in Arts People ticketing. I've seen other CRM interfaces, and Neon looks the best, works the best, and does its best to keep things simple.

Pros

We integrate Neon CRM with Arts People. Arts People is great for large-event ticketing, and CRM is great for donor management. Neon CRM is easy to use, easy to teach, and, best of all, we are able to maintain institutional memory.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about CRM, although I'd like to see cumulative reports on household donations.

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

I used NeonCRM daily to manage memberships, events, and programming for a small nonprofit.

Pros

NeonCRM has a decent amount of tools for automating processes and you can store most of the information you'll need about members/clients. If you/your company don't want to do webdesign, they'll set up a website for you. Kind of a one-stop shop.

The Neon forum has good information for finding workarounds when you have issues.

Cons

NeonCRM's branding is that they're building software for nonprofits since they come from a nonprofit background. Cool idea, but I'd rather use a CRM built by software engineers.

There is no easy way to integrate Neon events with a calendar on a webpage. The default is a list of events in chronological order. If you have a lot of events, repeat events, or events with different categories or audiences, this is not a good way to display the information. My team had to custom code a calendar widget that integrates with NeonCRM.

The UI is not intuitive, which is fairly typical for CRM software but given that NeonCRM was built so much more recently than other major players in the CRM landscape, I expect a bit more. It is clunky.

After the initial setup and launch, it felt like Neon wanted nothing to do with us. Their customer service approach is designed to limit how much you contact them and make it feel costly.

I was not on the team that chose NeonCRM, but I'd have strongly considered a competing CRM like WildApricot or even Salesforce.

Mike

You have to wait forever for support

Reviewed on 2023/12/07

Our membership-based nonprofit has been using Neon CRM since 2017. We've seen a lot of improvements in that time, and expect the platform to become even more robust. In fact, one of the most endearing features of the Neon ecosystem is the monthly update and the associated webinars introducing new functionality. HOWEVER, as noted above: invariably, there is an excruciatingly long wait time before support tickets are answered.

Pros

Neon CRM is a great system for administering membership, donations, and events for our non-profit.

Cons

Support is great, eventually... BUT it takes a week or more to get an answer to a simple question. This is a major shortcoming that Neon would do well to address.

Response from Neon One

Hey Mike, thanks for your review! Glad to hear that your organization finds Neon CRM useful for membership management, donation tracking, and events. If you have simple questions and are looking for a quick solution, I'd recommend looking into our Support Center articles. We have hundreds that address all of the most common pains that our clients have ran into in the past. You can also always sign up for our open office hours to get your questions answered quickly by a member of our consulting team! Sign up for office hours here: https://academy.neonone.com/page/neon-crm-live-trainings. Thanks again!

Eva
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Neon CRM a great platform

Reviewed on 2023/12/07

The support team has been a great awesome. They are quick to respond and work with us to help solve our challenges.

Pros

Neon has many levels of functionality which provides a one stop shopping for most of our CRM, events and donation needs!

Cons

There is a big learning curve for those who are not familiar with CRM platforms.

Response from Neon One

Hey Eva, thank you so much for the review! I'll be sure to pass along your praise to our support team + it's awesome to hear that CYM was able to consolidate your processes into one central platform using Neon CRM. Keep up the good work! Thanks again :)

Mike

All 3 Things You Need it to Do - and More!

Reviewed on 2011/08/23

You want CRM software to do 3 things:
1. Safely store you data
2. Allow you to leverage your...

You want CRM software to do 3 things:
1. Safely store you data
2. Allow you to leverage your data
3. Allow you to interact with your organizations website

Most systems do the first 2 - they better (!), NEON does the third one too and better than any other product in the industry. My only hope is they don't get bought by Blackbaud.

I've done 15 or more conversions with many different product and have never been happier than with NEON. Feel free to drop me a line and I'll share more with you.

Pros

I won't comment on the other features NEON does that other systems do as well - or almost as well. Instead, I'll focus on the factors that set them apart from the other players on the market.

FORMS! - how can any org look past the ability to survey their constituents via email and then have the responses post to the database? e.g. How did you hear about us? a - k / What most interests you about our work? a.b.c. d. free form response / How would you like us to communicate with you? a - d

Events! NEON is the industry leader in allowing users to enter info via an org's website and into the database. I have one client using NEON that registers athletic event users via their website - all the way down to the waiver release form via a digital signature. All that info results in a paperless process that posts to their website on the back end.

Training - online video training is FREE - you won't get that with eTapestry or DonorPerfect.

Cons

The reports function features a URL for a particular report (dynamic too). This is is fantastic! But many board members and volunteers need to be reminded to access the url and it would be great if NEON would schedule the delivery of reports on an ongoing basis rather than the user having to schedule the delivery of the reports. A small thing, but one less thing the user has to think about doing.

Response from Neon One

Thanks Mike! we appreciate your review! As for the ability to email reports out to board members, you can set up an account in NEON, create a recurring activity to have NEON email your board member with the dynamic report link on, for example, the first of the month every month.

And as for the comment about the BBaud buyout, no chance. :) We're in this for the long haul to create the best cloud based CRM for nonprofits and to ensure we offer it for less. Plus, NEON is built as an All-in-One platform that can house fundraising/donors, membership/members, events/registrants and track all of this in one system. Plus, our frontend connectivity to nonprofit's websites allows everything to funnel right into NEON automatically. Times are changing and there is no longer a need to spend so much for powerful software and IT staff to manage servers.

NEON, by Z2 systems, Inc., is here to stay and evolve with the technology needs of the Nonprofit industry. Count on it!

T. Kebo
  • Industry: Fine Art

NeonCRM is just what we needed.

Reviewed on 2016/02/25

Pros

From the beginning, their customer service was outstanding. In our research phase to find a new CRM vendor, we contacted at least 1 dozen different companies. We provided the sales people with an extensive list that outlined the data that we collect, as well as our database needs. Some companies looked at the list and upfront said that they couldn't provide what we needed. Others never bothered to contact us at all. Most sad, the fundraising software/donation processing company that we've been with for more than a decade never contacted us to let us know about their new services, they only increased our annual fees and decreased functionality. So NeonCRM emerged as one of our top choices very early on.

Best yet, in talking to their sales person, and now our account manager, as well as their data consultants, they work with us to discuss and figure out solutions. For example, for many years we have used our database as a way to check of tasks in the data collection process. NeonCRM helped us to figure out if we needed a combination of data points or a process document to ensure that all of our users entered consistent information. That kind of collaboration and solution-based thinking has been immensely helpful. More so, given that we have planned for our data migration to happen over 2 years, with specific benchmarks. It feels like NeonCRM will be there with us all the way. One of our Board members is an engineer, and the way that NeonCRM does consultation allowed us to invite our Board member and our web site builder and designer into the meetings. That way we could all learn and develop solutions at the same time.

Best yet, we've been able to work with NeonCRM staff, from sales to data consultants, who actually understood arts nonprofits, so they understand what to do with our earned income. Other companies were best for health or educational nonprofits, or advocacy & policy nonprofits, or some other kind of nonprofit. To have a team that understands the work that we do, the size of our organizations, the ways that our events function, and is willing to work with us to meet our needs (instead of trying to cram us into their system), made all the difference.

Cons

There are bits of functionality that other companies have that we would like. Such as the ability to tweet or make facebook posts, and track that information, from within the CRM, something that Nation Builder does really well. We would also like to be able to integrate silent and online auctions into fundraising efforts, but this is not something that can be done just yet. Finally, we would like to have our ecommerce products tied to their makers, something that NeonCRM can't do. However, they provided us with an API integration solution that will work in the meantime.

Karen
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great System to Grow With

Reviewed on 2017/11/13

I have actually used Neon CRM in two very different nonprofits. One was previously using eTapestry and we switched because of the greater flexibility offered by Neon. That organization received much of its funding from individuals and was focused on one main program. The second was a transportation think tank that had no previous CRM system and received much of its funding through memberships. In both cases, I have found the system to work well and meet the needs of two very different organizations.

Pros

The interface is easy to use, very similar to comparable CRM systems in terms of flexibility and customization, but built for fundraising. The customization, in particular, is easy to understand and flexible enough to work for a variety of applications in a variety of nonprofits. I like the automation features as well, such as with donation appreciation and membership renewal reminders.

Cons

The single log on functionality and link with Wordpress needs to be further developed, I think. Sometimes the integrations with other systems, like MailChimp, are not as robust as I would like.

Response from Neon One

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your review. We always love hearing how NeonCRM's versatility can help vastly different nonprofits!

We are also glad to hear you are using the Wordpress single sign on plugin. We appreciate your feedback. We will be making improvements and enhancements to it regularly.

Over the next year you can expect deeper enhancements to our existing integrations and many more great new integration offerings to come. For example, last month we announced we are officially part of Zapier’s beta testing program. Zapier is essentially a system that connects systems, so this really opens up opportunities to connect Neon with many other platforms. Our blog post about it is below:

Feel free to contact us if you have additional questions about it!

-Your Neon Team

Christine

NeonCRM: A solid decade by need to move forward

Reviewed on 2021/04/30

We've been using NEON for over 10 years. It has been a solid, reliable performer. We have grown from $150k to over $1M in fundraising, and NEON has supported that growth (although it is not able to make mass changes to old data as we have better understand/refine how we track donations). Although NEON has incorporated some enhancements and improvements to the user experience recently, overall they have been slow to change, and customer support is not very responsive. Support for household roll-up (including family funds/DAV) has become critical to our organization, requiring us to seek other software solutions.

Pros

Solid basic constituent and donation management. Reliable - service is rarely down or unacceptably slow. Interface is relatively easy to use for anyone with good software sensibilities (a simpler view would be helpful for less techy BOD members).

Cons

Householding support with regards to donations roll-up is very poor. Reporting, while flexible and seemingly comprehensive, often requires export and external manipulation to get what we want. Organization is not responsive to customer requests - with popular suggestions in forum going unaddressed for years.

Response from Neon One

Hello Christine. We're happy to hear how much success your organization has had fundraising through Neon CRM over the past 10 years, but we're sad to see you go. Your feedback regarding how and why you're switching to another CRM is extremely insightful in helping us grow, and help us learn which features are most important to our customers. Thank you so much for leaving your review!

Stuart

Neon CRM is not for everyone

Reviewed on 2022/04/27

Overall my experience has not been great. In particular I have been extremely disappointed by the technical support or lack of support. We pay for telephone support but can never reach anyone or get anyone to return calls

Pros

The software has capacity to do many functions

Cons

NEON has it's own language and it the user experience is not very intuitive. We are a NON Profit that does not have full time employees. Our users struggle to find ways to do what should be the simple tasks

Bloomfire

Reasons for Choosing Neon CRM

Donor Snap was not robust enough

DonorSnap

Response from Neon One

Thank you for the feedback, Stuart! A big goal for our upcoming product development calendar is keeping all of the advanced features that users need while making daily use of Neon CRM simpler, especially for users like your team who need to be able to accomplish tasks without investing tons of time in learning to use the software.

Chriz

Basically, a good value for small nonprofits

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

Pros

Great tools for managing donor system- love the automatic thank you emails, donation forms, database, reporting, etc. Also love the ease of use with Events and Campaigns.

Cons

The donor and members features did not work well together where it was not reporting member contributions as donor contributions (IRS allows member contributions to be tax deductible as long under $75). We now just use the members feature with zero value in order to be able to send them annual reminders (and mark their member contribution as a donation). Not working perfectly but it's what we do for now. Another piece that I do not like is the customer support is either hard to get or not timely in their responses. It often takes 48 hours or more for a response, and sometimes I have to remind them I am waiting for a response. The delay of response makes is so I forget to follow up on the issue that we were having. Very frustrating at times.

Response from Neon One

Hi Chriz! Thank you for your review. Please continue to reach out to our support team, so we can continue to help you to make Neon CRM work great for you! You can also find a variety of webinars, guides, and videos for Neon CRM here: https://support.neonone.com/neoncrm/s/.

Barbara

Not user-friendly

Reviewed on 2016/09/06

We are a small charity and had never used crm before so we decided to jump in, primarily at first to register people for an event. It is not intuitive or user-friendly. There are training videos you have to watch before you can call in, but 45 minutes into them, they only answer the most basic questions. Forget customizing your forms or registration. We are not IT people who spend all day writing code so we find it difficult and sometimes impossible to use. The social fundraising has been a nightmare as people who set up a team find themselves unable to join their own team! I don't know what we're doing wrong but we find this really hard to use. We've tried our best for over a year now so feel like we gave it a good chance.

Pros

It seems to have a lot of features

Cons

The features are hard to use. Customization is extremely difficult. Social fundraising is a nightmare.

Response from Neon One

Thank you for your review, Barbara. We understand the shortage of time in each day, especially working with so many small charities like yours.

We care very deeply about each and every one of our nonprofit partners and take any negative feedback very personally...and seriously.

We here at NeonCRM pride ourselves on providing a powerful, yet intuitive program for all of our nonprofit partners -- big and small (as illustrated w/ many 5-star review ratings for "ease of use" above and below this post).

We understand there may have been some incorrect user-permission settings selected that have been resolved with our Pro Services team yesterday and hope it may alleviate some of the difficulties your team has encountered.

As always, you can feel free to contact your account manager any time directly via phone or email to discuss our other support options or for further assistance. We truly hope that together we can help the Pediatric Oncology Support Team have a great event

Maya

Beginner Picking Up from Prior Admins

Reviewed on 2023/12/15

Overwhelmed. I am the only employee in a nonprofit that has over 200 members so much of my time is spoken for and though I need to give Neon CRM time and attention, I feel guilty doing so and thus get distracted when I am going through training processes so I feel I am not retaining the info I'm reading/watching.

Pros

I can see the potential of it being very effective in our organization but again, having a hard time locating implementation documents a prior administration set up or where things were left off.

Cons

The Neon One Academy seems to have most of the information I need to navigate and learn but it does not keep track of where I left off in the training modules so I am constantly trying to remember where I to restart when I am able to revisit the trainings. There also seems to be lots of the same training info in different places so I get confused as to what or where to go next. Also having a hard time trying to figure out how to use all relevant features without using Neon Pay for any of them. (Due to our org having to use our fiscal agent's financial processing system, Stripe.)

Response from Neon One

Hey Maya, appreciate your thoughtful review! We know how difficult it must be to be a one person team. Balancing your time with the plethora of tasks and duties and still trying to move your mission forward is one of the hardest things to do, and Neon CRM's goal is to make that easier. I'm glad you've been able to find some value out of Neon One Academy. If you haven't already, I'd suggest enrolling in the orientation course (https://academy.neonone.com/page/neon-crm-orientation). Another resource that could be fruitful for you is our open office hours. you can pop int a zoom room with our consulting team to get your questions answered in real time (https://academy.neonone.com/page/neon-crm-live-trainings). Alternatively, we do offer live chat and phone support for a small monthly fee, as well as extended training hours. I'm confident that once you get a grasp of the platform, it will make a world of difference for your prioritization and efficiency.

Tristan

A powerful system (perhaps more powerful than most small organizations need)

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Overall, a great system which I'm glad we found. We tried a few others to manage our 3 levels of membership, and none of them lived up to the sales pitch. NeonCRM has so far.

Pros

It can do a lot in terms of membership: Allow new members to join, current and expired members to renew, membership discounts, etc. It's quite affordable, too, and the customer support seems solid so far.

Cons

Running reports can be difficult because there are so many possible data fields that a member can have. I've had considerable difficulty, for example, finding members who signed up--who didn't renew and weren't past members--between certain dates. It's probably just one or two fields in the report that I haven't included, but it's quite frustrating. And though the online help center has a lot of content, I've had to contact support several times because I couldn't find what I was looking for online.

We set up our system in about a week and a half--significantly faster than the recommended timeframe. I have considerable experience with CRMs, and most small organizations would likely have substantial difficulty setting this up themselves. Most organizations will likely want to work closely with Neon to launch their system to its fullest potential.

Response from Neon One

Hi Tristan,

Thanks so much for your thoughtful feedback. We're honored to be your choice of CRM and glad to see you've been taking advantage of all the tools NeonCRM offers.

We agree that reporting can be complex because, even though it's a simple process, there are a lot of options. You are absolutely right to utilize our online Knowledge Base and Support Center, and our Client Success team has reached out to you directly to help make sure you're getting the most out of your reports!

Finally, we'd like to say that in addition to the support you mentioned, we offer the option for new NeonCRM users to work directly with our Professional Services team during the initial implementation of their system. It's a great way for new users to get off on the right foot with Neon!

Cheers!

-Your Neon Team

Jessica

Well worth it

Reviewed on 2021/03/25

I've used several different CRM programs and I find Neon CRM relatively easy to use and affordable. It is very capable of fulfilling the needs of our organization. I also appreciate how fast Neon customer service responds to questions.

Pros

Being able to pull the data easily for what I need when I run reports. And being able to individualize the main page so that I can instantly see donation increases in the campaigns that I'm interested in.

Cons

When first learning to use I would miss a donation when looking at an individual's record- if that donation had been added to their partner's account instead. To remedy this I linked the households together and now only check this page so I can make sure to see all the gifts made in one place. It would be helpful though to be able to add mailing list tags to entire households instead of only by the individual.

Response from Neon One

Hi Jessica! Thank you for the honest and thorough review. We hope we can continue to make Neon CRM "well worth it" for you! Please reach out to support or pro services at Neon One and we can discuss households in more depth with you and optimize the process even more with you. This team can help you find some resolutions to your "household issue."

Shelagh
  • Industry: Fine Art

Best non profit CRM on the market for small- medium sized operation

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

It constantly surprises me with how well they have designed features. There is a lot we haven't explored yet. The Help and Support site is great, especially the video modules and the webinars. We don't pay for support as the few issues we have had they answer in a day or so with helpful answers. The one exception was an obscure bug I found in the 'new" workflow process. It was fixed in the next release.

Pros

I did an indepth analysis of non profit CRM systems and this came out on top. We could not afford anything expensive so the price was right. It has all the finctionality we need so far. It did not have "installment due" automated reminders but a few months ago they added workflows which are unbelievable powerful tools to not just send out reminders based on various triggers but you can perform multiple actions based on the trigger. The communications ( eblasts) is very well thought out. In fact we are about to stop using MailChimp & save their fees

Cons

So far we have not had great success in using it for event registration and processing. There are two many payment screens and we had s few credit cards declined. But to be fair, we did not dig into the reasons. We reverted back to Brown Paper Tickets but are looking at other products for our complicated multi-table registrations.

Mary Beth

Excellent experience with NeonCRM...highly recommend it!

Reviewed on 2016/03/01

I work for a small, public charter school. The school had never tracked donors, incoming donations, or consistently sent thank yous. The only data that I had available to load into NeonCRM were from folders of thank you letters that had incomplete/incorrect contact information in some cases. I imported the current parents of our students this year as well as any data I could glean from the thank you letters for the previous 3 school years.

NeonCRM allowed us to more easily communicate with all of our constituents. The thank you letters are formatted to include tokens that make the letters more personal as well as contain photos and accomplishments of our student body. They are also are set up with different text and photos based on whether the donation is designated, in-kind, or unrestricted because that data is easily tracked in the software.

For the first time, KAPS participated in Giving Tuesday with an email campaign and also did an EOY appeal, neither of which had been attempted in the past. The EOY campaign brought in 30% of our donations for the year in the last two weeks of December. Several of the donors elected to become part of a new Friends of KAPS organization that is in its infancy. We were also able to send a donation summary for tax purposes this January, which had also never been done by the school. The reporting helps us target donors for specific appeals and know who has (and hasn't) given recently. We were able to get several people to sign up for recurring donations that increased our sustainability.

My current efforts are two-fold:

1) increase the use of the constituent portal, and
2) track volunteer hours using the Volunteer module so that we can report this data in grants that we are pursuing.

NeonCRM has been instrumental in taking our organization to the next level: helping us to maximize our constituents, increase our bottom line, and help us to become a professional charter school that is responsible with our constituents monetary donations. I would highly recommend NeonCRM to others looking for a constituent database.

(My only reason for giving a 4 on Ease of Use is that, being a small organization, I was not able to attend training. However, the videos and online manuals helped me determine how to use the software. The NeonCRM support staff were also very helpful if I couldn't find the answer to my question on my own.)

Laura Beth

Neon has turned our data into an asset

Reviewed on 2017/10/26

Since we adopted Neon this Spring, our organization's approach to data collection and historical information has completely revolutionized. Now, we do not have to reinvent the wheel every year. I am responsible the maintenance of the account and report creation and I could not be more pleased.

Pros

I love that Neon allows for a great deal of customization in the account fields. As an organization, we have lots of specific information that we are tracking and Neon allows for this to easily be drawn into reports.

Customer service is incredibly responsive and helpful.

Each new update is a pleasant surprise because I have found that they significantly increase the usability of the program.

The relationship function allows us to track the connections that are so crucial to our development process.

The event-building page was exactly what we needed and allowed us to build out a 500-person luncheon.

Cons

Neon does not allow us to draw reports focused on the relationships between our constituents which would be very useful.

Neon does not have a great selection of newsletter or email templates. Additionally, we have found that emails from Neon consistently go to spam.

I wish that it was possible to transfer information from custom surveys to account custom fields. Same with event information.

Dennis
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Not the same

Reviewed on 2023/12/07

It was good when it was just Arts People. Simple and clear Ever since Neon purchased it, prices have increased and customer service has plummeted, particularly as it relates to billing/invoicing.
Neon should consider making things technologically easier, not more difficult. Consider non-techies are doing this work internally and externally.

Pros

Fairly easy to sell tickets. Prices have been fair, but are now increasing.

Cons

The inability to speak with someone on the phone. Very displeased about this.
Billing is a mess.
There are many reports, but finding or creating the one you want is not intuitive.
Customers are confused about the diagram when purchasing tickets.

Jahid Hasan

Neon CRM is really helpful for my small startup

Reviewed on 2022/11/10

Neon CRM is a superior CRM system. It is intuitive, fast and easy to use, especially with all the integrations it offers. I highly recommend Neon CRM!

Pros

I am a long-time user of Neon CRM and I have to say, it has been a blessing. It's made marketing so much easier and I've been able to get just as much work done in half the time. It also has a fantastic customer service team who are always there to help when I'm stuck on something or need advice.

Cons

Neon CRM is the best CRM I've ever used. It's got a great user interface, a feature rich marketing automation suite, and an easy-to-use customer contact list. Every day I'm grateful for how it helps me manage the customer relationships I have with my clients.

Response from Neon One

Hey Jahid Hasan, we are filled with joy reading this glowing review! We're so happy that our platform has been so useful for you and your organization. Thanks again for taking the time to leave us your thoughts :)