Neon CRM

Write a Review!
Designed for Growth and Built for Good.

4.3/5
4.2/5
4.1/5
4.3/5

Ilana
Ilana

Effective all-in-one solution for our small nonprofit

Reviewed on 2016/03/01

We're a small environmental nonprofit with limited staff (4 FTE) and limited budget. We started using Neon about three years ago and it has proved a very capable, affordable solution. We use it to manage our membership files, mailing lists, credit card donations, event registration and our Birdathon (social fundraising like a walkathon). It was a HUGE improvement over our clunky old Access membership database. It also allows us to do all these things with one program, rather than separate programs for fundraising, event registration etc.

I also like that it is a cloud-based program, so if I am away from the office but need to look up a donor's email address or print out the attendance list for an event, I can do it from anywhere.

Of course there are downsides and occasional things that are a little clunky. Because it does so many things, there are instances where it won't manage a function as well as a program that is dedicated to that sole function. For instance, we would probably have more features in a social fundraising program that was ONLY social fundraising. BUT we don't have the budget or staff to manage multiple software programs and vendors plus multiple programs wouldn't be integrated like Neon is.

Our level of customer support from Neon allows us to submit help requests via email and get an email response. This took a little getting used to (there were times at the start where I just wanted to call up and get an immediate answer on the phone!). But the responses are usually very quick -- within an hour or two -- and on target. Once I got used to it, the email support system has worked fine for us.

I would definitely recommend Neon for other small or midsize nonprofits.

Daniel

Pretty good product, does most of what I need

Reviewed on 2021/03/26

I've been mostly happy with the product. My disappointment, thankfully, have been very minor, and I can happily recommend this for anyone needing the advancved options that i did.

Pros

I chose Neon CRM because it was the most comprehensive CRM solution that I encountered that did not also cost a fortune. I have very specific needs beyond basic donor management. I also needed event management and member management components. Almost no other products had all of these capabilities built in.

Cons

I haven't used some of the features because they aren't as good as what i am currently using, especially for social media, email newsletter, and donor letters. The software offers a LOT of features, which is not a downside, but it also takes some time to find out how everything works. Neon provides a lot of tutorials, however, which are usually spot on.

Reasons for Choosing Neon CRM

My previous product did not have the capabilities I needed for an expanding mission.

Reasons for Switching to Neon CRM

Greater functionality was built in to NEON CRM and I didn't want to parcel out the functionality among several different products.

Response from Neon One

Daniel, we hear you! Thank you for the honest review and feedback. We know that email has been a pain point in the past, which is why we are uncovering some major updates on April 10, 2021. If you want to find out more about the updates to our email functionality, you can tune in to our webinar: https://neonone.com/resources/event/product-webinar-neon-crms-new-email-tools/

Megan

Disappointing and Financially Irresponsible.

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

I wouldn't recommend Neon to anyone in fundraising. It is not only the volunteer module that we struggle with. In general we have a more limited capacity for pulling reports. The system tracks memberships and donations and soft credits. If you wanted to take a quick snapshot of all monies that have come into your agency between those fields it doesn't have a place that it's all collected, it's broken out in separate categories. In general the system is pretty and appears to have nice capabilities. If Neon was honest from the beginning we could have gone with a cheaper option and found something that works for our agency. Now we are stuck, spending thousands on a data transfer. If you are considering Neon, don't. Read their 'comments' in their support center - eye opening. This is a dishonest company with poor support and a subpar product.

Pros

We moved from a large popular fundraising platform and we were excited about the abilities of Neon and how it would help us with donor stewardship. They have some helpful dashboards that are great for quick tracking. The system is large and has some neat capabilities. Some of them being: sent emails tracking, workflows, advanced searches, donation page is great, and having the ability to personalize the system to the user. The account profiles are user friendly and intuitive.

Cons

This is a tough area. Fundamentally we struggle daily with reporting and customer service. We track our volunteers and our donors (often times they are one in the same) and we are unable to pull any data on volunteer hours in a month - it's only tracked in a month period and gives you a lump sum of hours. In general output information to pull data on is limited. Often times when we have questions or need help we will reach out to support and are simply just sent links to the support pages. Which by the time we've reached out we have already read those. Additionally we were excited about the chat function. The chat function only works when they have staff 'on', which is not often. I look daily and I've managed to chat with someone twice only in 6 months time. Support staff have poor attitudes and don't meet the need for help. When we were looking to purchase new software we specifically had needs for volunteers and donors. We were told the system would meet our needs - it does not. Now we are stuck going back to using excel spreadsheets and doing double work and unable to rely on a database that we pay for the top of the line features.

Amanda

Learning curve - but worth it!

Reviewed on 2022/04/28

Our overall experience with Neon CRM has been positive. I am excited to use the software creatively to diversify our revenue, and grow our social impact. Neon CRM was the exact "next step" we needed.

Pros

I love the diverse capabilities of the NeonCRM software. We have been able to apply it in multiple areas to grow our small non-profit.

Cons

The least favorite part of NeonCRM has been the learning curve and ease of use for a few of our employees. Most of our team is 20-40 years old, and are used to different work flows on other applications. Biggest areas of work flow issues are in the email feature and website form set up.

Kindful and DonorPerfect

Reasons for Switching to Neon CRM

I was happy with the level of customer support and counsel we received in our research process. I felt like no question was unanswered from the Neon One team. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did an incredible job sharing what the product did and how it could be used for a non-profit our size.

Response from Neon One

Thank you for the feedback, Amanda! We're glad to hear that Neon CRM's wide feature set have been working well for your org.

We're really proud to be able to offer a lot of features in one software platform, but a big focus for our upcoming development projects is making Neon CRM easier to learn and use, especially for non-admin users who need clear learning paths and workflows.

Paul
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Very nice tool, slick and easy to use

Reviewed on 2022/04/27

Above all, Neon CRM is part of our institutional memory efforts. Previously, we had one employee who kept all notes in his brain, on cocktail napkins, and in Arts People ticketing. I've seen other CRM interfaces, and Neon looks the best, works the best, and does its best to keep things simple.

Pros

We integrate Neon CRM with Arts People. Arts People is great for large-event ticketing, and CRM is great for donor management. Neon CRM is easy to use, easy to teach, and, best of all, we are able to maintain institutional memory.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about CRM, although I'd like to see cumulative reports on household donations.

Samantha

We need LIVE customer support

Reviewed on 2023/10/18

2.5/10 > We need a PERSON to speak to right when the issue happens. not days later. You know why you have an "influx of tickets" because no one is ANSWERING THEM. This really feels like a massive bait and switch. Sell us on all the good stuff then when we have questions or need assistance we get told to kick rocks.

Pros

The implementation was pretty easy. I like the 'pop up' donation form. Unfortunately, everything else seems to be a real headache

Cons

1) Customer Support is the WORST I've ever dealt with from a company. Waiting DAYS just to get an answer to a seemingly simple answer. What's worse is often times we don't get an actual answer, we an article that tells us nothing or we get redirected and have to wait WEEKS before we hear from anyone. 2) Finding anything in the Global Settings is a NIGHTMARE. Everything is so small and close together and half the time the name has either changes from the reference article or its in a complete out of place area that really makes no sense

Lauren

Exceptional Software for Building a Seamless Donation Process and Positive Donor Experience

Reviewed on 2023/09/01

Upgrading from an Excel donor database to Neon has brought our organization to a new level that I didn't anticipate. Beyond safely organizing donor information and easily exporting donor reports (expected), we now have a seamless donation process that allows us to quickly thank donors and keep in contact with them, showing our appreciation and cultivating long-term donor relationships (i.e., beautiful online donations forms, automated acknowledgement/thank you emails for donors, easy-to-use email marketing builder for donors and e-list subscribers).

Pros

Donor/donation information is well organized and easy to navigate to. We've used the custom online donations form feature for receiving donations through our website, as well as a temporary crowdfunding campaign, and it's intuitive to build out professional-looking forms that rival national and international non-profit forms.

Cons

It can be tricky to get customer support for questions and issues that arise. I would prefer to have quick, direct access to phone conversations with agents to work through things and make suggestions for improvements.

Response from Neon One

Hey Lauren, thanks so much for the thoughtful review! Having powerful donation forms for a variety of use cases is crucial, and we love hearing about your positive experience with them!

We do offer additional phone support for a small monthly fee, if that is something that would interest you and your team. On top of that, you can also attend our group training sessions each week to get your questions answered and walk through some best practices with your Neon CRM peers and our professional services team!

Karen
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Neon CRM has Been so Beneficial for Our Company

Reviewed on 2023/09/01

I feel very confident using Neon. It has been a good fit for us, in tracking donors and maintaining their record of giving. Many are monthly donors, that are utilizing the e-check and credit card features on a recurring basis. We have seen growth in our fan base, and it is reflected in the financial support that we can see in Neon's documented record-keeping.

Pros

We are able to track the giving of our supporters, and respond with receipt of acknowledgement.We can generate reports for specific campaigns and donor demographics.

Cons

We have not utilized the QuickBooks integration that is offered. Would like to see more guidance on how to incorporate that . Also, duplicating records are not always "caught" ... it can be tedious detecting them. (Like a first name must match exactly- i.e: Tom Jones will not match Thomas Jones, etc.)

Response from Neon One

Hey Karen, thanks for this glowing review! We always love hearing how Neon CRM helps our customers feel confident in the work they're doing! For more information on the Quickbooks integration, take a look at the support article I linked here. There are a few recommended articles attached as well, these may be helpful if you decide to explore the QB integration further!

John

Neon CRM for a very small non-profit.

Reviewed on 2023/09/01

As a very, very small non-profit, we had been using a patchwork of (mostly free) digital products to manage client lists, event management, registration, and fundraising. For a modest cost, we have now integrated all of those functions into a single online system - which has saved us countless hours of time and provides vastly superior access to meaningful, and accurate, data.

Pros

We started out using Neon strictly as an event management and online registration system. We thought it might take a year or so for us to get fully comfortable with those features before we were ready to add fundraising and other features. Instead, it went so smoothly that after a few months we were already shifting to Neon for online donations and fundraising activities.

Cons

Some of the communication features are still being developed, so it takes a bit of training to understand how to efficiently develop and manage things like email campaigns - but those are all improving rapidly and continue to get better.

Response from Neon One

Hey John, thanks for your review! It's awesome to hear how your organization has been able to consolidate all of your systems under Neon CRM! Plus, seeing how you were able to onboard many functionalities in a short time frame is wonderful. Thanks again!

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

I used NeonCRM daily to manage memberships, events, and programming for a small nonprofit.

Pros

NeonCRM has a decent amount of tools for automating processes and you can store most of the information you'll need about members/clients. If you/your company don't want to do webdesign, they'll set up a website for you. Kind of a one-stop shop.

The Neon forum has good information for finding workarounds when you have issues.

Cons

NeonCRM's branding is that they're building software for nonprofits since they come from a nonprofit background. Cool idea, but I'd rather use a CRM built by software engineers.

There is no easy way to integrate Neon events with a calendar on a webpage. The default is a list of events in chronological order. If you have a lot of events, repeat events, or events with different categories or audiences, this is not a good way to display the information. My team had to custom code a calendar widget that integrates with NeonCRM.

The UI is not intuitive, which is fairly typical for CRM software but given that NeonCRM was built so much more recently than other major players in the CRM landscape, I expect a bit more. It is clunky.

After the initial setup and launch, it felt like Neon wanted nothing to do with us. Their customer service approach is designed to limit how much you contact them and make it feel costly.

I was not on the team that chose NeonCRM, but I'd have strongly considered a competing CRM like WildApricot or even Salesforce.

Joey

Has value; clunky in some uses; Customer Support is slow

Reviewed on 2023/12/06

I inherited this platform. While I've spent time to try and learn how to make it work best for my organization, there are still bugs that make the user experience less than optimal. If it weren't such a hassle to try and implement a new CRM solution, I'd consider switching.

Pros

The ability to track and monitor donations, fundraising activities, and donor records is valuable and easy to navigate.

Cons

Some features are clunky. Web design leads quite a bit to be desired. Toggling through screens seems unnecessary at times. Compatability with other similar tools for integration are often not easy to set up, and seem overly costly.

Customer support takes way too long to resolve, while multiple automated emails seem to want to close a ticket rather than humans seeking to help client users. No real way to contact user support rather than email tickets via the automated online assistant.

Response from Neon One

Hey Joey, thanks for your review! It sounds like your org has been using tons of the functionalities in Neon CRM like tracking and monitoring donations, fundraising campaigns, and maintaining donor records. Pretty much all of our integrations have no recurring costs associated. All of our packages do include unlimited email/ticket support, as well as access to our support center, neon one academy, live group trainings, and open office hours. It seems like signing up for open hours or our live group trainings might help alleviate some of the wait times you're experiencing, while also gaining access to one of our team members. If you do wish to purchase additional support options, you can add-on phone/live chat support for a small monthly up-charge and we offer extended training hours for purchase, if that is something you think would be helpful.

Kate

Reviewed on 2013/11/04

If your experience is anything like mine was, you are currently struggling with outdated software. You are having to maintain multiple databases manually in order to do all the things that are standard operating procedures in these fast-paced days, and you are working on a shoestring budget with a great but stretched staff.

For me, this is where Neon came in to help us. Is it perfect. No. Of course not. Unless you have a zillion dollars to house your own tech department you are unlikely to find absolute perfection. Is Neon, in my opinion, the closest thing to perfect for a non-profit organization? Yes!

Why do I think that?

1) Technology upgrades every 18 months (at the longest) which is almost impossible for a non-profit to keep up with while remaining competitive within today's business world. Neon is an ever-evolving system that shares functionality with all Neon clients; your membership database is always up-to-date with new innovations appearing and available to be customized to meet your needs for reasonable pricing (unlike other systems that, in my experience, started customization at around $25,000 a piece).

2) When hosting our own CRM on-site, we were responsible for maintaining our server; with an aging server and without a hardware specialist on staff, our data was always at risk, even though it was backed up. With Neon, our system is now a cloud-based system, leaving the hardware support to the experts at Neon. This was not only a worry off our backs but also a fiscal savings.

3) In order to keep up to date, we were maintaining multiple databases. We had our member database, our event database, our website member-only database, and our email database. This doesn't include the QuickBooks upkeep and our area membership lists that had to be maintained and exported separately on a monthly basis. Needless to say, this ate up a lot of time and was susceptible to human error. With Neon, everything was in one place (Please note we chose to use Neon's email because another service would mean we once again would have to import/export data and not have the tracking material on the records where we wanted them). This was a huge benefit. Having everything available in one place freed up our staff to work on other projects and spend time on long-term strategic planning as opposed to just working in the moment.

4) With our old system, we were the experts. We were all alone. If we wanted customer service, the vendor could sort of help but the service teams wouldn't take time to understand the way we were using the system and could only provide generic answers. With Neon, we have experts at the end of a chat or a phone call (depending on your needs and service package) who can log into your system, see what you are seeing, and team with you to find an answer to your issues.

5) With our old system, our volunteers and members had limited abilities and options available to them. With Neon, our volunteers and members have a greater level of interaction with their own records, as well as with each other.

So with all that said, my overall advice is get Neon. But when you do jump in also be realistic and patient with both Neon and your staff. Remember change is always hard. Expect that the transfer of data will be stressful. Expect that the first six months will include hiccups. Expect that in a year you will be an expert in NEON. Expect that your "sophomore" year experience will make it all worthwhile.

Bridgit
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great for a variety of data

Reviewed on 2021/04/27

Overall, this is a pretty robust software considering the price. I would recommend it to Non-profits on a tight budget just be prepared for some getting acquainted time.

Pros

All our data can be stored and pulled from one place.

Event's are seamlessly connected to our website and make for an easy registration process.

I like the idea of batch uploading because data entry can be time consuming but this hasn't been as successful as I'd hope yet. Still need to learn more.

Cons

It isn't as user friendly as some of the other softwares. We have to adapt it internally to meet our needs. I was not at the company when we purchased this software so not sure of the onboarding process. It has been hard to bring new employees on to learn the system.

Salesforce Service Cloud

Response from Neon One

Hi Bridgit! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Neon CRM. Training new team members to learn a CRM system can be difficult. That's why we've put together videos, guides, and a full Academy course, to take that training work off of your hands. You can access those materials here: https://support.neonone.com/neoncrm/s/. If you ever need some extra help, feel free to reach out to our support team. Thank you for being a Neon CRM client!

Sheri
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Neon, an elegant solution

Reviewed on 2014/09/02

Pros

I have had my NeonCRM system now for about four months, and what I love the most about it is probably its elegance. It's like the designers sat in my office, watched me work, and then designed a system that would not only take care of the many things I need when working with our donors, but also thought of a whole lot more! The system is very comprehensive, and while it is quite large and will take many more months to completely master, it is consistent. This consistency throughout makes it relatively easy to learn to work, even in the beginning.

Cons

The thing I have found the most frustrating is that I run a Mac, and this system is more compatible with PC. For instance, I could not run the tutorials on my Mac, so I had to haul out an old PC laptop for my training webinars. It worked out okay, as I could be working on the Mac in the program while watching the tutorial on the PC, but we Mac users get frustrated with these situations. Later, I learned that the internal mail merger program would not work on anything but Internet Explorer, which is unfortunately no longer available for Mac. It would have been nice if we could have at least had Firefox or Chrome, both very commonly used browsers, as an option. This is not a deal breaker for me, but for the price and quality of the system, I would have liked more compatibility.

Response from Neon One

Sheri, we really appreciate the kind words and positive review, but also thank you for the constructive feedback to make our processes better.

We've heard you and other Mac users loud and clear in regards to accessing the recorded trainings. Where NeonCRM obviously works just fine on PCs and Macs, the webinar provider we work with only renders our recordings in a PC-compatible format. Due to this limitation of our webinar partner, we have made the decision to stream all NeonCRM trainings on YouTube to ensure Mac users and all NeonCRM users have easy access to all training sessions. We'll be having your account manager reach out directly to you to provide this resource directly and these can be accessed with a simple search on YouTube.

In regards to the Microsoft Word mail merge functionality you brought up, that direct push from NeonCRM to Microsoft Word is actually something that is dictated by Microsoft, not us, since they want people to be using Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, Chrome, Firefox, and all other browsers are unable to receive a direct push from any system directly into Microsoft Word. We are looking to see if there's a way around it and will of course let you know. Of course, you can always use the built-in NeonCRM mail merge templates or export to Excel/csv to perform the mail merge externally as well. So there are options!

Again, thank you for the amazing feedback and look forward to growing with you for years to come.
-Your NeonCRM Team

Chriz

Basically, a good value for small nonprofits

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

Pros

Great tools for managing donor system- love the automatic thank you emails, donation forms, database, reporting, etc. Also love the ease of use with Events and Campaigns.

Cons

The donor and members features did not work well together where it was not reporting member contributions as donor contributions (IRS allows member contributions to be tax deductible as long under $75). We now just use the members feature with zero value in order to be able to send them annual reminders (and mark their member contribution as a donation). Not working perfectly but it's what we do for now. Another piece that I do not like is the customer support is either hard to get or not timely in their responses. It often takes 48 hours or more for a response, and sometimes I have to remind them I am waiting for a response. The delay of response makes is so I forget to follow up on the issue that we were having. Very frustrating at times.

Response from Neon One

Hi Chriz! Thank you for your review. Please continue to reach out to our support team, so we can continue to help you to make Neon CRM work great for you! You can also find a variety of webinars, guides, and videos for Neon CRM here: https://support.neonone.com/neoncrm/s/.

Barbara

Not user-friendly

Reviewed on 2016/09/06

We are a small charity and had never used crm before so we decided to jump in, primarily at first to register people for an event. It is not intuitive or user-friendly. There are training videos you have to watch before you can call in, but 45 minutes into them, they only answer the most basic questions. Forget customizing your forms or registration. We are not IT people who spend all day writing code so we find it difficult and sometimes impossible to use. The social fundraising has been a nightmare as people who set up a team find themselves unable to join their own team! I don't know what we're doing wrong but we find this really hard to use. We've tried our best for over a year now so feel like we gave it a good chance.

Pros

It seems to have a lot of features

Cons

The features are hard to use. Customization is extremely difficult. Social fundraising is a nightmare.

Response from Neon One

Thank you for your review, Barbara. We understand the shortage of time in each day, especially working with so many small charities like yours.

We care very deeply about each and every one of our nonprofit partners and take any negative feedback very personally...and seriously.

We here at NeonCRM pride ourselves on providing a powerful, yet intuitive program for all of our nonprofit partners -- big and small (as illustrated w/ many 5-star review ratings for "ease of use" above and below this post).

We understand there may have been some incorrect user-permission settings selected that have been resolved with our Pro Services team yesterday and hope it may alleviate some of the difficulties your team has encountered.

As always, you can feel free to contact your account manager any time directly via phone or email to discuss our other support options or for further assistance. We truly hope that together we can help the Pediatric Oncology Support Team have a great event

Becky

NEONCRM is solid

Reviewed on 2023/12/06

Pretty solid platform - I enjoy using it.

Pretty solid platform - I enjoy using it.

Pros

Neon gets the job done and is pretty intuitive. I use it several times a day and find it to be easy to use.

Cons

I don't like the barriers to customer service/tech support. Often times I need a very quick question answered to move forward, and I'm delayed by several days becasue I have to schedule a call.

I wish the app had not been abandoned.

I wish the tribute gift function was more functional - during the reconciliation process, it would be nice to have a checkbox to mark when an acknowledgement card was sent to the honoree.

Response from Neon One

Hey Becky, thank you for your review! If you haven't attended our live group trainings or open office hours, I think those could be a worthwhile solution to the frustration you're feeling around support response times. You can sign up at the link below and gain access to one of our team members to get your questions answered: https://academy.neonone.com/page/neon-crm-live-trainings

Mike

You have to wait forever for support

Reviewed on 2023/12/07

Our membership-based nonprofit has been using Neon CRM since 2017. We've seen a lot of improvements in that time, and expect the platform to become even more robust. In fact, one of the most endearing features of the Neon ecosystem is the monthly update and the associated webinars introducing new functionality. HOWEVER, as noted above: invariably, there is an excruciatingly long wait time before support tickets are answered.

Pros

Neon CRM is a great system for administering membership, donations, and events for our non-profit.

Cons

Support is great, eventually... BUT it takes a week or more to get an answer to a simple question. This is a major shortcoming that Neon would do well to address.

Response from Neon One

Hey Mike, thanks for your review! Glad to hear that your organization finds Neon CRM useful for membership management, donation tracking, and events. If you have simple questions and are looking for a quick solution, I'd recommend looking into our Support Center articles. We have hundreds that address all of the most common pains that our clients have ran into in the past. You can also always sign up for our open office hours to get your questions answered quickly by a member of our consulting team! Sign up for office hours here: https://academy.neonone.com/page/neon-crm-live-trainings. Thanks again!

Dawn

All Inclusive Donor Management, Membership Management and Event Registration Software

Reviewed on 2023/08/30

Wonderful from the DEMO, to installation, to use.Customer Support is awesome. I am a power user and my questions tend to be complex and customer support is also available to help me figure out solutions.

Pros

I like that the software is an integrated software with Donor Management, Membership Management and Event Registration Software. Prior to NEON, we managed this functionality in multiple products. NEON CRM allows us to fully integrate all functions of our nonprofit and create a report with all the parts of our nonprofit.CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Cons

-The store can be more robust. However, I am thrilled that it is even a part of the package. I think of the Store as an extra product that we get for free, so overall I am happy with the store.-Reporting can combine more data elements from different parts of the system. For instance, looking at meeting registration and attendance with donations.

Response from Neon One

Hey Dawn! Thank you so much for this thoughtful review :) It's always wonderful to hear about how our clients are able to streamline their data into one hub, and our support team loves these shoutouts (I'll relay the message!). Thanks again for taking the time to provide us with feedback!

Hannah
  • Industry: Fine Art

Comprehensive and Efficient

Reviewed on 2023/09/01

Pros

Neon CRM is able to track information relating to all major aspects of our business model, making it easy to consolidate our data. I also love how easy it is to run a custom report on any set of data collected by Neon; this allows us to answer specific questions about our donor base quickly and painlessly.

Cons

I wish there were an option for clients to pay for event registrations via invoice. Not having this feature limits Neon CRM's functionality, especially because we often have companies register for events, and this always has to be done manually if the company plans to pay via check after registration.

Response from Neon One

Hey Hannah, thank you for your insights! I think your idea around event registration payment via invoice is stellar, have you submitted this in the Suggestion Portal yet? If not, you can do so at the link below. Our team will review your idea and fellow Neon CRM users can vote on it if this is a pain point they are also experiencing. If our team is able to move forward with this idea, they'll let you know :)

Courtney
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great customer service!

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

Pros

I've looked into several different donor relations databases, and Neon was hands down the best we've seen. The customer service was definitely above and beyond, and truly set them apart from their competition! The database is very user-friendly and customizable. I can't wait to full start using it!

Cons

I don't particularly care for the fact that you have to pay an additional cost for the extra training. I feel like this should be included. If companies don't have time to watch all of the youtube videos, or aren't great at being self-taught, then they will not be able to get the most out of the system, and will be more likely to cancel the services. If the customer doesn't understand the database and how to use it, then it will ultimately be a waste of money for the client (which means NEON will lose their business). Small non-profits like mine, who are looking to increase fundraising and donations, just can't afford that extra cost.

Response from Neon One

Hi Courtney,

Thanks so much for your kind words about your experience with our team! We are happy to have you on board.

To address your concerns regarding training, let me say that we strive to provide training options suitable for all of our clients regardless of budget, size, or learning style. Our online knowledge base at support.neoncrm.com has in-depth guides and videos to help new users get started and experienced admins take their CRM to the next level. We also have an active community forum and unlimited ticket support included with every service package. For those who would like more customized, one-on-one training, we offer a range of services and pricing that includes chat, phone support, on demand training, and extended training & consulting.

If you'd like any assistance finding the training and support options that are right for you, drop us a line at [email protected]. We're here to help!

-Your Neon Team

Dybal
  • Industry: Music

Very Happy with Neon CRM. Takes Time to Learn.

Reviewed on 2023/09/01

Overall, we are very happy to have Neon. It is excellent for everything on the donor side and for tracking and creating donor forms around campaigns. It works well with Constant Contact, and we are working on using it to transfer data to QuickBooks Online. This automation is great, but takes time to set up, which is understandable.

Pros

Our nonprofit had many cumbersome spreadsheets and Neon has combined all of this information into one, easy to access site organize by account name. These accounts can be updated easily as changes occur.

Cons

Some functions are complex and take a while to figure out, such as running reports to get the data you want. We also had difficulties with Memberships. We use it for families and students and the membership module in Neon is difficult to conform to this when using forms for renewals and new memberships.

Response from Neon One

Hey Dybal, thanks for your review! We're so glad to hear how Neon CRM has helped your organization combine all of your data into one centralized hub. Excited to hear about your experience integrating with QB Online!

DeTeasa

Thoughts & Enhancement Suggestions.

Reviewed on 2023/09/05

I do like this program for its donation and I love the Neone ONe Library with videos and self-training. However, this product does not fully meet our needs, and I am having difficulty convincing Board Members to use Neon One. Some will not log in.

Pros

I love that almost everything is in one place.

Cons

I am upset with the increasing yearly pricing. It is becoming too expensive for our needs. We must separately pay to use Quickbooks, perform Board Management, locate an electronic Membership Card service, and pay for additional training to customize our experience further.

OnBoard and Greenhouse

Reasons for Switching to Neon CRM

We thought all features would be inclusive.
Marilyn

NEON Supports our Non Profit Mission

Reviewed on 2023/08/24

NEON has allowed us to streamline our systems from 3 different platforms into a single place to remove duplication of efforts.

Pros

NEON CRM allows us to customize our client tracking and track the classes they have taken as well as their donations. Their email system provides an easy method to communicate with everyone without having to utilize a separate email marketing system and the emails are easy to format and look nice.

Cons

We would like to be able to survey our clients. The survey tool could be improved.

Response from Neon One

Hey Marilyn,

Thanks for taking the time to drop us a review :) It's always wonderful to hear how Neon CRM is helping orgs streamline their various systems into one centralized hub. Thanks again!

I Like Neon CRM But There's Always Room For Improvement

Reviewed on 2023/09/08

I like Neon. The CS team is great, but, like I said, I wish I wouldn't get the "no service representatives are available" recording when we've paid for phone support. We also had to drop the Web integration. Only one support person at the time.

Pros

Knowledgable customer service, very helpful.

Cons

Great customer service...when you can get them. We are paying for phone support but rarely get someone to actually answer the phone. Two to three days to get a response although the last few times have been better. (Note: I do understand that customer service staffing issues are an industry problem, but it is also an issue when you need answers but have to wait for them).Designing Mail Campaigns--We were actually told by CS early on that we may want to use MailChimp. Then you came out woth your new and improved version, but it still wasn't up to the design and functionality quality of MC to make it worth moving back. I wish it were, though. That is one reason we chose Neon, for it's 'one-stop shop' but we had to go outside.