123FormBuilder

Web forms: as easy as 1-2-3!

4,4
Dave R.
Industry: Entertainment

Love this app!

Reviewed on 2016/08/09

I use 123 contact form for my wix website (that's how I found them) and I love it. It does exactly what is advertised and has recently been upgraded to include some better designs.

Pros

Forms are designed well and easy to use. I usually receive data by email within seconds of the form being submitted.

Cons

A bit costly for what it does (anyone who knows HTML well enough can probably create a mailto form that does the same thing) but the design is great and it's easy to customize which is why we use it.

Tulio A.
Industry: Music

123FormBuilder has become a powerful tool for my company!

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

I have been using 123FormBuilder for 1 year in my company and its forms solve 99% of the problems I have.

Pros

The number of fields for forms is countless! In addition, 123FormBuilder has several security mechanisms that allow the form to be used for any use. Even for contests! The ease of creation and finding what you need, and if you don't find what you are looking for, the service always answers you in 1 day! Our company will not stop using 123FormBuilder anytime soon!

Cons

There are very few weaknesses of 123FormBuilder, the only thing I could think of was having a chat so I could have my questions answered, but by email, I always get the answer by the end of the day.

Tanzina A.
Industry: Fine Art

After over 4 years of daily use, they held my data "hostage" when I tried to downgrade

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

After several years of using the forms almost on a daily basis on the Gold Plan, last year I went through personal tragedies, closed my business, lost my job and no longer needed nor could afford to continue the paid plan. This year as I am recovering, I will be creating possibly 3-5 forms in a year compared to 30+ forms per year in the past. When I tried to create a free form, I realized 123formbuilder had put security blocks so I couldn't access my old forms, data or even create new forms. They wouldn't even let me delete old forms without upgrading and paying for a Gold plan. I could log in, but then any activity I tried, I would be directed to a page to upgrade with no other option. I have been going back and forth the past week with customer service. They released the block at first when I first contacted them, and since their email had gone to spam, I never saw that they gave me a 3 days window to delete all forms. I just proceeded with creating one form, uploaded to my website, started getting applications, and went back to the "upgrade or else" page. I explained my situation to the customer service rep and pleaded to use the free service, said I wouldn't use more than 5 forms as per the free agreement, asked as a long term client if I could keep the current form with 10+ fields (I was willing to edit and remove excess fields if that wouldn't be allowed). But she just blocked me from even being able to access the form submissions and kept pushing me to pay!

Pros

Only workable on upgraded paid services.

Cons

Even with the upgraded paid plan, it is very tedious to customize each new form even though they are duplicated. I was creating new sign up forms (duplicates of past week's form) every 1-2 weeks throughout the year, and had to customize every detail on the notification emails and thank you messages every single time.
When you try to delete multiple fields, you have to do it one by one, can't select multiple fields.
Customer service is terrible!!!

Response from 123FormBuilder

Hello Tanzina,

Thank you for your feedback - we always appreciate it, whether good or bad, and it is one of the main promoters for improvement in terms of product and customer care experience.

We are very sorry to hear about your inconvenience and we want you to know we do empathize with you and we do care about your situation. The safety of your data and your satisfaction are of real concern to us.

We have looked into our interaction with our Customer Care Representative and we want you to know that she will follow up with you on an email she sent you yesterday. She will continue to communicate with you on this matter in order to ensure that this issue is resolved as soon as possible.

123FormBuilder Team

David R.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Easiest to use form builder software out there

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/10/03

I used the software to hire staff for our nonprofit. All the applicants who used the forms said they were easy to access and complete.

Pros

The software was very easy to use. To build forms all you needed to do was drag and drop elements (multiple choice, choice matrix, short answer fill in) into the document. What was really helpful, which no other software on the market does, is the fact that you could fit up to two column's worth of questions, side by side, in the same document. This allowed you to keep forms short as all of the space was used efficiently. Most other form builders force you to create one big, long column of questions that stretches across multiple pages.

Cons

What I liked least was the fact that the software was missing the ability to export forms to PDF or Word. The only way that I was able to share the form with users is with a URL. This is an issue for me because in my line of work I work with clients who do not have reliable internet and yet still need to fill out the forms I send them. With an exportable Word or PDF version of my form, they could do this.

Response from 123FormBuilder

Hi, David!
First of all, thank you so much for reviewing us! We appreciate any feedback that helps us constantly improve our product!

We appreciate you checking in to see what features we have available.
At this time, we do not offer the possibility to export data into Word documents, but it can be exported to Excel.
Moreover, there is a workaround to get the PDF file with all your form's data. Please read this article to see how to export your entries to PDF (last section): https://www.123formbuilder.com/docs/can-i-save-reports-as-pdf-files-from-online-forms/

Thank you again for your review and we wish you the very best as your business grows,

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Miranda F.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

123Form Builder

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/09/11

Very satisfied and would highly recommend

Pros

Easy to create as many applications as you'd like. Easy to add link to your company website's employment page.

Cons

Nothing at this time. Been using for over 2 years and have not experienced any issues as yet

Response from 123FormBuilder

Hello Miranda,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we more than appreciate it!
We are happy to hear that our product has been useful for you.

Wishing you the best and to many happy forms ahead,

Jared M.
Industry: Education Management

Does not integrate well with payment systems

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

The customer service was terrible in the end. The fact that they couldn't fix this problem was mind-blowing​ given how big of a negative impact it has on a business. If you collect payments for your events DO NOT use this system.

Pros

It was cheap and seemed to work at first. User friendly but in the end it was the worst choice we made in the last decade.

Cons

We use Square as our payment processor. After our first event and having over a dozen of participants show up that we were not expecting, we learned that the system does not properly notify when a participant has actually paid. The system showed that the payment was not completed when it had actually been completed. We were told that the reason for this was because it did not directly integrate with Square and that if the registration window was closed before the payment was complete, that the registration system would not show that any payment was made even if it was. We worked for hours with the team to see if this problem could be fixed but no solution was possible. If you collect payments DO NOT use this system! A system whose code cannot properly determine if a payment has actually been made is catastrophic to an event. Because our events are planned based on the number of participants we ended up having to pay hundreds of dollars per event for last-minute housing, food, space, instructors, admission fees and more. By the time we had learned this, we had already opened up many more events and were stuck for over 6 months dealing with random people coming to our events and spending hundreds of hours verifying every registration with Square to see if payment had been made. About 30% of all registrations had incorrectly identified whether or not someone had actually paid and we were left to pick up the pieces​. RUN from this if you collect payments. Use something else.

Sebastian P.
Industry: Internet

You want some powerful and elegant forms for Your Online Business ? - 123 forms is the solution for u !

Reviewed on 2016/02/23

In short... With 123 forms I got the Features that enables me to create basically anything that my heart really wants.

I like the analytics features and all the benefits those guys gave me.
Also, more than that, I like that fact that I have full protection with SSl Certificates and captchas in place.

If you need surveys and beautiful & functional forms I can't speak highly enough of this company.

Pros

drag & drop features that makes the processes much easier
SSL Encryption, captchas and so much more
Amazing Analytics for my forms
I like that features of connecting & collecting with my Google Drive & CRM very fast and easy
I've tried so many forms but those guys are awesome :)

Cons

I had some problems when I wanted to connect with stripe. I hope I can solve this issue fast enough to finish my thing.
Slow support for Free users but still you have a support for your projects :)

Diana P.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

Sam G.
Industry: Internet

Great tool with many uses

Reviewed on 2015/07/13

123ContactForm is a useful tool that has a number of uses. I use the tool to create feedback forms that can be set up on a URL and sent to users, then each time a user completes the form, I receive an email with the feedback. I can also login to access all of the data. The other use is for an online quiz - I set up a number of versions and one is picked at random, as well as an IP block to prevent users from taking the quiz more than once a day. The correct answer can be configured, then scores are recorded together in a table, with the option to download as a csv. There are several features that can be added to the forms and it's very easy to build something that looks good.

Pros

easy to use
free version that is sufficient for most simple forms
ability to set up email notifications

Cons

none that I have come up with

Kalyn H.

Great form software for nonprofits!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/07/13

Pros

We use 123contactform for several purposes far beyond contact forms. Their forms are easy to build, customizable and offer all the options that a company or organization would want. We had great success using their software to create an application and the features they offered (min word count, auto-fill, required/non) helped so much.

Cons

Very minor but exporting submissions requires you to email a document to yourself, it would be nice if you could just download the results immediately.

Rose B.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Good Product, Slow Service

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

This is an easy-to-use form builder with payment integration, which is exactly what we needed. However, the fact that we have been trying to get a bug fixed for months and continue to be told they are "working on it" is incredibly frustrating. This has rendered us unable to charge late fees, which is costing us money by the day.

Pros

123 FormBuilder is easy to use and allows near-infinite construction and customization.

Cons

There is a problem with the way the date fields communicate that has left us unable to charge late fees for months-- and we have not received meaningful support on the issue despite numerous emails back and forth with the company.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Lana M.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Simple form with many functions!

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Pros

I was hesitant to use any form that I needed to pay for, but this actually has become a go-to form builder for many of my projects. From obtaining leads, to registration and accepting payments, 123FormBuilder does it all at a decent price. It also helps that the forms look nice on any website page it's embedded in.

Cons

I do think some of the limitations vs cost could be adjusted, but if you are collecting money from your endeavors and using the freemium version, you should be okay.

Jose Z.
Industry: Information Services

If only the developers were as good as the support staff

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

I have a Premium account and I have always received better than average support. Because they use instant chat, you can ask a quick question and they will help you out - no robots. The features I like are the ones mentioned in their product. I have used all of them. Including chaining forms, subdomain ssl certificate, SMTP mail, translation, etc. It is for these reasons that I think this product is very unique. Creating forms is dead simple, updating, moving fields around, is very easy. It even has themes and ways to customize CSS and add Javascript. I did not try the payments though.

Cons

I have found many glitches with the app. It is too bad that their developers are not fixing any of them. Below is a quick list that I have shared with them multiple times. All I get in their replies is apologies.

- Repeatable components are still in BETA mode after nine months and counting. I don't know what product out there would have something in BETA for this long, so that is your first clue.

- Long text & mobile numbers should transfer from one form to the next. When chaining form, long-text and mobile numbers are impossible to transfer correctly. Again, why?

- Allow for computed text in the form so we can concatenate fields. There is no easy way to get this done and therefore you can't perform basic things like validating text, or transforming it.

- Masking numbers to indicate 000's. What is easier to read: 100000000 or 100,000,000? There is nothing you can do but to ask your users to be careful entering amounts.

- Individual attachments should not be zip when the forms are saved in Draft users re-open the form.

- Add a field that indicates what language was used when the form was submitted.

- Allow to undo, audit history of changes, logging of emails sent, etc. As it is, every change is automatically put in production. The ‘Publish’ does not mean ‘Save’.

Hopefully, they get to resolve these issues soon.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Thomas R.

Excellent Lead Generating Forms

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Couldn't be happier. I receive a lot of positive feedback.

Pros

Over the years I have used the software I might have had one question for support when I first started using it. I accidentally deleted one of my forms and it was recovered immediately. I have many forms with a lot of my eye-catching graphics. The software allows me to generate forms that get results.

Cons

Nothing. It does everything I want it to do. It is exactly what I was looking for.

Michael R.

123 Form Builder Review

Good

Pros

The ability to change the form fields as required . Instant viewable changes. Different forms for promotions . Ease of use for client . Easy to read for customers. Instant reporting of receipt of form completed by customer.

Cons

Sometimes the contact form disappeared off the website and had to review.

Travis O.

Great Customer Support!

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

We use 123FormBuilder as part of the patient messaging system in our office. It is secure, easy to use, and their customer service is excellent. The only times we have had questions or run into issues, we received help right away, and one of the times, they were even able to add a feature to how we see read and unread messages, which was a very big, pleasant surprise! Their customer support staff are always excellent to work with.

Pros

Excellent customer support! I received help right away.

Cons

No complaints at this time. The only time I had an issue with logging in, I received help right away.

Alec P.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

123Forms get the job done

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Overall, I've used this solution for multiple small business clients and it has been a mostly adequate solution.

Pros

This is a very easy to use, easy to set up software that delivers on most of what is required.

Cons

Limited functionality prohibits some more advanced options from being implemented.

James W.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Great product for an interactive website

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Pros

Pretty much everything is customizable, which helps us implement the product into our website to gather leads in a streamlined way.

Cons

I'd have to say the cost is a pretty significant factor. The subscription is plan-based, so different plans have different features. If you need only one particular feature, you're forced to buy the plan that has that and a whole lot more you'd probably never use. I personally don't like having to pay for things I'm not ever going to use. It would be nice to be able to customize your plan so that you're only paying for what you need.

Charlie P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Very pleased with product

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

For a web designer it's very important that my customers' websites have a way for their website viewers to have a way to interact with them. 123FormBuilder makes it easy to set this up on the websites we create.

Pros

Compared to other form builders I've tried, setting up 123FormBuilder was pretty easy and intuitive. The results have been just what I expected.

Cons

The way the results of form entries display in the emails takes a little getting used to.

Cathy C.
Industry: Entertainment

123FormBuilder - Feedback

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Basically described in the Pros section, ease of use and reuse of a master form. The ability to drop the link into an html, create reports, real-time notification of registrations, customize the "from" in the notification responses, and appear to be your client on their behalf.

Pros

I was in a hurry to find a solution for a client of mine - A form for their guests to register for an event where I could produce registration reports for the client and monitor registrations. I also needed access to the form to be a link that could be dropped into an HTML invitation. I found 123FormBuilder for the first project, and have not searched for another option 15 projects later.

I admit that I need to take time to perfect my template by learning about all options 123FormBuilder has, because I know there is room for improvement with the look and feel the client sees when they click "register here."

I would suggest taking the time to build that first one, then it's so easy to duplicate and modify for future use.

Cons

The support icon that is always in the corner while I'm trying to design a form.

Industry: Financial Services

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE: Read before you purchase

Reviewed on 2017/09/06

Pros

Visually (only) looks good on wix, other than that there are no pros that you can't find on other sites that will work seamlessly.

Cons

I never write reviews but I had such a terrible experience using this app, from usability to customer service that I wanted to save others time and aggravation. I used this app via Wix with the platinum paid version for ticket purchasing for an event.
The setup was a bit complicated to create purchase items but I was able to have someone assist from the customer service to set it up for me via talking to them on chat and email (there is NO ONE to call for customer service even with a platinum plan)
When they assisted they didn't explain HOW to do it, they just did it for me which may seem like a good thing at first but then when you run into a problem you don't know how to fix it; highly in recommended.
Once users started purchasing items a myriad of other issues came up; payments showed up in the reports as not paid when indeed the money went through, the form wouldn't take them to the payment page and the reports do not update in real time; you have to manually refresh it, and that along with any other changes must be done on a computer as it's not at all mobile compatible.
When I went back and forth with customer service on these items and the last was not resolved I ultimately asked for a refund; they processed the refund without warning and deleted all my 500 user entries!
If any of the above matter to you for your needs, do not get this app! I am now using formstack and haven't had a single one of these issues for exactly the same price!

Crystal W.

Simple Software!!

Reviewed on 2016/10/10

We like to keep our complainant completely confidential and this little program does just that. It is so easy to use and works with Facebook too. The form comes to us via email and in real time too.

Pros

It does just what it's been asked of. Has never failed us.

Cons

Nothing

Deanna E.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Easy to Use with Great Reporting Features

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/14

123FormBuilder is a terrific tool for websites where site owners want to capture information from users. That information can be used to populate popular mail and marketing sites like MailChimp.

Pros

I love the ease of use with 123FormBuilder. I have developed several forms for various clients, and they are able to capture data and have it imported directly into MailChimp. Most recently I developed a form for a customer's clients to receive a free book. With 123FormBuilder, setting up the form and tracking responses were easy.

Cons

123FormBuilder is easier to use than in the past. Previously, it was a bit "clunky" getting fields to populate properly. Lately, however, it has become one of my favorite apps, as forms are very easy to populate.

Lori M.

123 Form Builder

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/11/27

It has worked extremely well for our organization and engage with our listeners in different ways.

Pros

It is versatile. We can use it for surveys, contests, donor information forms, volunteer forms. It is easy to use, templates are easily edited to customize for our needs. I also like that encryption is available for submissions.

Cons

The reports can be a little odd. I would rather that it just report the option that was chosen, rather than showing all the options with a YES or NO to indicate if that option was chosen.

Response from 123FormBuilder

Hello Lori,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we more than appreciate it!
We are happy to hear that our product has been useful for you.

As for your recommendation regarding our reports, we will definitely keep it in mind for future updates. Thank you very much!

Wishing you the best and to many happy forms ahead,

Marcus S.
Industry: Photography

Extremely useful and diverse

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Pros

I love the fact we can populate fields and options based on the responses of the customer. We are able to accurately provide pricing and add-on options automatically.

Cons

Personally I would like to see a few more integrations including Quickbooks.