Kanbanchi for G Suite Reviews

Kanbanchi for G Suite

#1 Task/Project Management & Collaboration app

4.5/5 (156 reviews)

Instant relief for anyone searching to optimize their workflow

Reviewed on 2/21/2019

Working in a field where keeping track of fast-changing dynamics is crucial for managing the workflow in an efficient and sustainable way. As a supervisor of a team of 15 people, having an easy and understandable system to monitor daily tasks and prioritize with ease is essential to our work success. Achieving that is very much owed to this app. This software is also a great tool for our team whose work environment is 30% based on Google Drive docs and having Kanbanchi files in the familiar setting helps us navigate more easily through numerous documents we use daily. In our eyes, Kanbanchi was instantly recognized as a good marriage between G-suite habitat and a project management tool.
It allows us the flexibility without overwhelming the team members and it's a really fun way to effortlessly engage the staff and control our workflows. One of the most valuable features is the automatic sharing of attachments which is making sure everyone is updated in one place by receiving email and in-app notifications about the status changes. The filters are designed in a logical way and it lets me fastly grasp who is assigned to which task and to keep an eye on due dates. Having the possibility to backup our previous activities is helpful as it allows us to quickly access our past projects and connected documents. All in all, this is a great app for anyone who wishes to be on top of all assignments share relevant info in an efficient and engaging way.

Pros

The interface is simple and intuitive and it gets the included people engaged while at the same time allowing such a clear overview of all ongoing tasks.
Navigation is effortless. There is an overall sense of gratification when using this app so basically, Google built a nice software for people suffering from OCD. Result: more piece of mind and more team confidence.

Cons

Integrated chat would be a nice feature with a possibility of limiting access.

A refreshing project and task management tool

Reviewed on 2/20/2017

I had noticed my productivity dropping as more projects and tasks seemed to pile up. I have tried multiple task and project management platforms but always found myself looking at an exhaustive list of tasks that left me anxious and without a good plan of attack for the work ahead. I sort of had an idea of how I would like my work to be organized but didn't find anything that could accommodate until I found Kanbanchi. It allowed me the freedom to device a system that works for me, which I think is the most important since everyone works in different ways. Similar to Trello, but a lot more professional, in my opinion, Kanbanchi is a KanBan style framework with a lot of great tools in an uncluttered format which has greatly increased my productivity. Each week, my email inbox is 0 because it all gets forwarded to my Kanbanchi system. Emails end up in my Kanbanchi inbox where I can categorize, set estimated amounts of time for each task (based on my customized filters), set priority levels, and group with other tasks within a project. I can then drag the task to a specific day of the week when I will want to work on it, setting up each day based on the estimated time tasks will take (knowing I like to work on more complicated longer tasks in the morning, and quick, easier tasks in the afternoon). When I now look at my workload, I just focus on each day's tasks and don't have to think about the rest knowing I will get to it when that day comes up. The customer service has been great and I take pride in knowing that they are a smaller company that can easily adapt and change the software based on my recommendations in a timely manner. I did free trials of at least 8 different software tools before deciding Kanbanchi was the right one for me. I run a small non-profit community development organization and Kanbanchi has given me peace of mind knowing that my work is organized and prioritized efficiently and effectively.

Pros

Extremely flexible allowing you to create a system specifically designed to meet your own neurosis and OCD.

Cons

Sometimes there is a short lag when dragging and dropping items.

Best Project Management Tools on the web!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016

I use Kanbanchi for just about everything from organizing my work projects to keeping track of my Christmas list! Very easy to use!

Pros

Ease of use and the adaptability for keeping things organized

Cons

I don't like having to view the app through chrome on mobile devices - would like to see an app in the future.

It is indeed my Number 1

Reviewed on 1/12/2019

Pros

This is touted as the number one Kanban app for the G Suite! I love both Kanban and Google services... and so, logically this Kanbanchi has been an easy choice for me.

First, exports. I love the abiliy to export your data into a file format that can be easily used for analysis and reporting.

We use Kanbanchi mainly for organizing our tasks (per person/team/priority) for the office. Easy for all team members to access and we even have a big screen on the office to see real time movement of our tasks from created to doing to done.

Plus the look and feel of the app is great. Smooth as they say. Our rule is that for our tools to be easily adopted by the users/team, we need to make it simple, beautiful, and easy to use. Kanbanchi it is.

Cons

No cons so far, pretty much loving this software for our Project Management and Task monitoring use case.

Kanban Boards Online

Reviewed on 3/29/2019

I love doing Kanban the Japanese way and it's made simple for me and my PM team via Kanbanchi!

Pros

Thanks to my Japanese friends I was introduced to Kanban boards. We used to do it via post its onto the bulletin board... until it got too crowded, and post-its stopped being sticky. So, we decided to migrate to an online/digital Kanban board. We chose Kanbanchi to complement our G Suite subscription.

We display our board via a lard LED screen in the office, and Kanbanchi works well for us. We change the background often to catch people's attention and to make it more pleasant and interesting to look at.

It's easy to create cards and move them around. Easy to make comments and updates on the cards or boards. The entire team can log in and update all at the same time and we are all kept aware of the changes via the notifications or just simply looking at the boards. At the end of the week, it is easy to download a spreadsheet/report of all the done or outstanding cards left.

Cons

No mobile app. Yes, accessible easily via web browser but it would be great to have a dedicated mobile app for both iOS and Android.

Best G Suite integration tool for project management

Reviewed on 4/6/2019

We can now manage our business with G Suite integration on Kanbanchi, this tool is really great. All the charts and integration plugins are readily available so that we can manage the project smoothly. Our clients are thereby happy !

Pros

The major advantage as said is the integration with Google and the ability to manage all the project details like Gantt Chart, Kanban boards etc in one place. Best and unique features that we liked is the 100% compatible with Google G Suite. The tool helps to make our team more compatible with the project needs and make them more efficient. Our all major issues faced during project management is being overcome with the use of this great tool !

Cons

The major issue is with the lack of a mobile app, they do not have iOS and Android app. This will make us to monitor the changes on web browser. Please release the app asap.

Effective and Visual Task Monitoring Tool

Reviewed on 3/29/2019

Out of sight - Out of mind. Kanbanchi has effectively worked for our project team to be visually reminded of their tasks and other action items assigned to them. It is a constant motivation to move cards from the "Inbox" down to "Done" short of gamifying our task management in the office.

Pros

Kanbanchi is a fresh way for our team to manage to-do items visually and collaboratively. We have a project board which clearly shows how our tasks and action items are moving across the project phases.

Kanbanchi is easy to use. It is quick to create a card and move it on the board. Notifications keep us in the loop to know whether a card is taking too much time or has recently been completed.

Integration with our Google accounts is a plus since we didn't have to maintain a separate login account, and all our files can be shared, stored, and worked on using our office Google accounts.

Cons

Everything working so far, and we love every bit.

Great, functional app to connect students in project-based learning.

Reviewed on 11/14/2017

- Greater transparency in our group-based and project-based activities for student leadership programs.
- More engaged team members, having always up-to-date information concerning project progress

Pros

- Easy to connect to student Google Apps for Education accounts, which don't always allow easy access to other apps like Trello or Slack
- Very functional and easy to use, all features are well integrated and the app seems very resilient
- Great support, quick responses to email tickets and impressive turn around time for feature request implementation

Cons

Knowing that the software continues to grow continuously and features are added, here are notes and feature requests :
- the commenting section seems hard to access. We love that we can collaborate on boards, especially since it's so seamlessly connected to Google Apps. However, it's hard to discuss things within Kanbanchi. Perhaps inline messaging within comments, or a notification system for new messages within cards a user follows.
- more granular permissions to allow certain users (in this case, students) to be limited in functionalities (assigning or un-assigning others to cards, deleting cards or columns, changing tags, changing wallpapers and other UI elements, etc.)

Turned me into a hero

Reviewed on 1/10/2017

Kanbanchi changed my life. That is a bold statement to make about an app, but I honestly believe Kanbanchi increased my quality of life. Since using Kanbanchi, I have been more productive. The intuitive user interface makes using the application a joy; I don't have to fight with clunky or awkward buttons or navigations. Also, since the app seamlessly integrates with my G Suite for education account I can use Kanbanchi with my students and coworkers. I now look like a hero.

Pros

Intuitive user interface and pleasant user experience, G Suite for work integration, simplicity, basic version offers ample feature (and I still paid for a pro account)

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Kanbanchi, The best app to project management

Reviewed on 9/11/2018

I have a fulltime job, freelance projects and self-improvement projects, like learning new things, etc. With Kanbanchi I can organise my time, prioritise my tasks between this worlds and see the entire progress of my projects.

Pros

Is without doubts the best project management app. An amazing interface, with a lot of features without the need of insert plugins and, exists perfectly in GDrive environment. Kanbanchi is a must have to organise any kind of projects from small and solo to big projects with large teams.

Cons

The solo plan with chart Gantt is a bit expensive.
I'm a very organised person, and I like to scope my personal projects and plans on a timeline. I think a Gantt chart is a good reference to track the time spend, discipline and compromise. For example, I'm currently trying to lose weight: to reach my goals, I necessarily have to chunk this big goal in small ones (milestones), So, a Gantt as a reference is the best way to see my progress.
Summarizing, Gantt visualisation is not just for enterprise projects, could apply to another kind of projects.

Nice software for Kanban management that can be shared with your teammates.

Reviewed on 8/10/2017

Start working through a Kanban system work flow with my team collaborators.

Pros

It is very easy to use and the work environment is very friendly.
It is integrated in Google Drive. That's really nice!!!!
Their customer support answers you very quickly with the proper answer you need and they are open to explain you anything you need through the application or by e-mail.
There are many options and features you can add to each task card: tags, colours, owners, comments, attachments...
In addition, there are very usefull paid add-on features such as Gantt chart, subcards...

Cons

Thinking about a Kanban tool by itself, it would be very useful if there was a kind of time log for each task card to record the work progress, define the lead time, etc.: when you add a task card in your system, when you start working on it, when you stop it because of external issues, when you finish it...
In addition, there is not a mobile app which may ease the use of this tool even if you do not have a computer.

Great Kanban Board for Teams

Reviewed on 12/6/2016

Kanbanchi is great and I use it with my team here at Nielsen. We use this to organize our work into planned, in progress and completed. We also have a backlog board we can use to track requests that we'd like to complete in the future. I like the the task features the most because I can add tasks and check them off as I do them. Once the tasks are done, it then changes the completion percentage.

Pros

I really enjoy how easy it is to use and add new team members. I also enjoy how you can make multiple Kanban boards. Another cool feature is that the software is free for use.

Cons

Sometimes the software throws random errors or logs me out

Usefulness and simplicty of Kanbanchi

Reviewed on 9/23/2016

I use Kanbanchi for managing the whole university institute. I keep track of the tasks of my employees, publishing issues, PhD students' progress and a lot of other stuff. Kanbanchi is ideal for visualizing complex projects. Due dates pushed to the Google calendar are a godsend. I also greatly value colour tags and the ease of using attachments.

Pros

Easy to use, every versatile and effective, pretty fast.

Cons

The search options could be better.

The best "Kanban" app I could find!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016

I have been using this app since 2015. I lead a development team and I needed a tool for Kanban purposes.
The best thing of Kanbanchi is the ease of use and the overall quality. For me, keep all the stuff related with the kanban board, into my Google Drive account, is very confortable and important! I can share card between team members, and follow theirs actions.

Pros

ease to use, overall quality, customer support

Cons

the lack of a metrics tool. But I think it could be available soon.

We love the program and when I contacted support I received a quick and helpful response.

Reviewed on 12/11/2017

We save time tracking outstanding projects and we are able to better track the outstading tasks for our team.

Pros

The best part of this software is the ease of use and ability to share boards with anyone on our team. The process of learning how to use Kanbanchi was also very helpful.

Cons

None, we love everything about this product. If we had one recommendation for this software we would love to have a phone app that performed the same functions as the web application.

I am a experienced user

Reviewed on 6/30/2017

Its a powerful Kanban oriented tool I use for personal time management and also for collaborative work with my software development team. I like its simplicity to use and best of all is that is a powerful tool. Not an easy combination to find in a product.

Pros

The available options to color cards, the use of labels and tags far superior than similar product like MeisterTask. Also the way Kanbanchi filters the required information is really fast and give you enough granularity to show you only the what you need.

Cons

Even though I usually use the app from my browser in my office, there is no mobile app, so this could be a problem for others.

KANBANCHIII!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016

This tool grouped with my Google business apps run my small business internally. I do a lot of project-based work and having the Kanbanchi helps me organize tasks, team members and execute to deadlines. I like it because it's simple, it isn't trying to be every PMP software out there. There is elegance in its simplicity and Kanbanchi can be an asset to a startup.

Pros

Simplicity

Cons

Needs better integration to google docs, when uploading documents find that also need to share the doc in Google docs and Kanbanchi. It would be great that if someone is on a task the sharing rules in the Google doc automatically updated to those enabled on the dashboard or task.

I use kanbanchi every day because it is very us and easy to adapt for a few differents kind of tasks

Reviewed on 1/24/2018

It makes me keep my tasks and pendings organiced

Pros

It is easy to use it every day for daily tasks, it is also perfect yo share work when you are un a team.

Cons

Some great features are available only when you have payed, and it is a little bit expensive to buy ir.

Perfect Kanban app for daily use, simple, fast, deep granularity of features, integrated with Gsuite

Reviewed on 10/28/2017

Better self organization

Pros

- amazing granularity to customize tasks: tag names + tag colours + card colours + priority + start date + due date + assign people + attachments + comments. This helps a lot to quickly organize work visually when dealing with different teams and different kinds of tasks

- sub-tasks can be added either with sub-cards or just checklists

- integrated with Gsuite (due dates with Calendar / files with Gdrive)

- "related cards" feature allows to link cards between them (eg when there is a common context)

- great filtering options

Cons

- no mobile app yet (web browser experience on mobile is terrible)

- no global search (only within a dashboard)

- when a card is set to "Done", the card won't disappear from there. You have to delete it manually (and lose traceability) or create a separate dashboard for "Done Cards" and move it manually there

Everyone loves it!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016

Simply the most enjoyable experience of all the available options. The regular updates introduce great features and the google drive integration is awesome!

Pros

Great UI. Google drive integration / attachment management. Markdown on cards. Extensive tagging and filtering options.

Cons

No android app (yet) but it's on the roadmap. No overview of progress across boards.

You Can with Kanbanchi!

Reviewed on 2/18/2017

We use Kanbanchi as a tracker and monitoring tool for our team's workload. Very basic usage of it, I would daresay - but it's a very streamlined and EASY to use tool. It's very visual, UX is very straightforward and natural, that a monkey can use it right away. It's very helpful to our team and makes everything very efficient and organized! :)

Pros

Simplicity and ease of usage.

Cons

There's a limit to how much cards a team can make

Perfect for all kind of projects

Reviewed on 10/4/2016

Kanbanchi is peefect to control all kind of projects. In my case, works todo control personal activities and small engeeniering projects.

Pros

Share and cooperative work

Cons

Información can't use it onda my mobile phone

Project management the Japan way

Reviewed on 10/4/2017

intern team and project management and organisation
keep the overview
time-scheduling

Pros

organise, prioritise, time-schedule and delegate your tasks within your team, separate tasks into subtasks, bring related cards of your colleagues together to keep the overview, change notofications, fully google integration

Cons

unfortunately all specifications which can be classified can only be filtered seperately for every specification itself,
due dates in done tasks show up in the notification pane

Been using it for a few months and it's helped me lots

Reviewed on 12/11/2017

A simple and easy to use collaborative project management tool.

Pros

I love its integration with G Suite, as my team and I use it for everything so all are files are there. Their support team is efficient and nice, which is another plus. So far, I've only used their free features and I've managed quite satisfactorily.

Cons

One of the paid functionalities (subcards) I'm interested can only be purchased when buying other features that arent that attractive to me.

Great, responsive customer service

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

An organisation-wide sharing/ collaborating PM tool

Pros

The way its evolving; the team are very reactive to feedback and requests. It's easy to use for most people.

Cons

Currently no milestones in Gantt view/ currently no way to duplicate cards to be managed across more than one board - this would be extremely useful for me if they were to introduce it. However, as they've recently improved the way you move cards I reckon it's only a matter of time.