Kanbanchi

#1 Task/Project Management & Collaboration app

Soledad M.

A bit expensive, but the best tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Pros

Kanbanchi it's a great tool to integrate with Google Workspace. This feature gives to you the comfort to be in the same environment with consistency with your other apps.

Cons

A bit expensive compared with Trello, but a lot better in functionality look and feel and tracking projects in the same tool without the work of looking for plugins.

Elie E.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Helps organize my work, but can be improved

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Organizes my big projects who have similar tasks. Saves me from tracking on a spreadsheet.

Pros

Cards turn red on the day they are due, but hey should turn a different color the day before they are due. This helps organize all of my big projects. I like that i can have a few tabs open in chrome, and if i change something in one, it auto changes in another. Customer support has been responsive, but not sure if they took any of my recommendations to actually change the software. I like that i can customize and use my own backgrounds for each board. I love the task/checkllist feature, i do recommend we are allowed to enter a date for any of the items in the checklist, if they have a due date. Thanks!

Cons

notifications, and not easy to mark complete, or read, and they still stay in the list even after i dismiss them. The week starts on monday when we try to choose a day, when standard is sunday. we should be able to choose. The filter does not remember my last saved filter selections, and i have to choose them again every time. And please let us have more than 3 tabs/boards on the bottom. Making us open a new tab in chrome should not be the answer. When i enter a description, it does not auto save, it should. If i type info in there, and click or alt tab to another program and come back, everything is gone. That is the most annoying piece.

Oleksandr T.

Remembered for its simplicity and functionality

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

I have been using Kanbanchi from the very beginning of their existence. From the very first glance, I fell in love with this task management tool and began to actively implement it in all my processes. Further, the tool became only better, new features were added that were useful and did not strain. Now it is a worthy competitor to the same Trello, if you need something more functional, but less cumbersome than Jira.

Pros

All the little things are well thought out. The dies on the cards are in the right places, the inscriptions are easy to read, the interface is unobtrusive and not overloaded. Ease of perception is the main feature of Kanbanchi.

Cons

Developers experimented with tariffs for a long time and found, as for me, not the best option. In terms of tariffs, they are a bold minus and I recommend taking a look at how tariffs are built in Notion.

Bronwyn P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great customer support

Reviewed on 2020/09/27

The platform is still being developed, but the team are friendly, reply quickly, and have clear simple to follow instructions for non tech heads like me.

Pros

I am new to Kanbanch and had a number of questions before purchasing. The team answered my emails promptly, heard my requests and actioned developments in some of those areas that have already been released. I am really impressed with the team and their apparent commitment to continuing to develop the platform.

Cons

I'm looking forward to the release of the kanbanchi app, but can work around that by saving a link to my phone's home screen for now. The program is a little slow to open, only a couple of seconds, but longer than many others.

Tom K.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy to get started with and very quick team adoption

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

Running multiple projects in an international team limited by COVID-19 restrictions, preventing us from running a physical board with stand-ups, has been solved almost entirely since I started to use kanbanchi with the teams. Since then I have successfully advocated the use in other teams.

Pros

The SaaS nature and instant availability. It is very intuitive to use the solution, given a few minutes video intro. The collaborative features makes life easier for those managing projects and / or tasks, due to the self-service self-management that is a result of the ease-of-use.

Cons

Few issues when using Gantt planning, like moving milestones backwards will not only move future cards but also previous (unfinished) tasks. This makes planning a little difficult.

Evan K.

A refreshing project and task management tool

Reviewed on 2017/02/20

I had noticed my productivity dropping as more projects and tasks seemed to pile up. I have tried multiple task and project management platforms but always found myself looking at an exhaustive list of tasks that left me anxious and without a good plan of attack for the work ahead. I sort of had an idea of how I would like my work to be organized but didn't find anything that could accommodate until I found Kanbanchi. It allowed me the freedom to device a system that works for me, which I think is the most important since everyone works in different ways. Similar to Trello, but a lot more professional, in my opinion, Kanbanchi is a KanBan style framework with a lot of great tools in an uncluttered format which has greatly increased my productivity. Each week, my email inbox is 0 because it all gets forwarded to my Kanbanchi system. Emails end up in my Kanbanchi inbox where I can categorize, set estimated amounts of time for each task (based on my customized filters), set priority levels, and group with other tasks within a project. I can then drag the task to a specific day of the week when I will want to work on it, setting up each day based on the estimated time tasks will take (knowing I like to work on more complicated longer tasks in the morning, and quick, easier tasks in the afternoon). When I now look at my workload, I just focus on each day's tasks and don't have to think about the rest knowing I will get to it when that day comes up. The customer service has been great and I take pride in knowing that they are a smaller company that can easily adapt and change the software based on my recommendations in a timely manner. I did free trials of at least 8 different software tools before deciding Kanbanchi was the right one for me. I run a small non-profit community development organization and Kanbanchi has given me peace of mind knowing that my work is organized and prioritized efficiently and effectively.

Pros

Extremely flexible allowing you to create a system specifically designed to meet your own neurosis and OCD.

Cons

Sometimes there is a short lag when dragging and dropping items.

Chris M.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Best Project Management Tools on the web!

Reviewed on 2016/12/12

I use Kanbanchi for just about everything from organizing my work projects to keeping track of my Christmas list! Very easy to use!

Pros

Ease of use and the adaptability for keeping things organized

Cons

I don't like having to view the app through chrome on mobile devices - would like to see an app in the future.

Ebin E.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Best G Suite integration tool for project management

Reviewed on 2019/04/06

We can now manage our business with G Suite integration on Kanbanchi, this tool is really great. All the charts and integration plugins are readily available so that we can manage the project smoothly. Our clients are thereby happy !

Pros

The major advantage as said is the integration with Google and the ability to manage all the project details like Gantt Chart, Kanban boards etc in one place. Best and unique features that we liked is the 100% compatible with Google G Suite. The tool helps to make our team more compatible with the project needs and make them more efficient. Our all major issues faced during project management is being overcome with the use of this great tool !

Cons

The major issue is with the lack of a mobile app, they do not have iOS and Android app. This will make us to monitor the changes on web browser. Please release the app asap.

André C.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great, functional app to connect students in project-based learning.

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

- Greater transparency in our group-based and project-based activities for student leadership programs.
- More engaged team members, having always up-to-date information concerning project progress

Pros

- Easy to connect to student Google Apps for Education accounts, which don't always allow easy access to other apps like Trello or Slack
- Very functional and easy to use, all features are well integrated and the app seems very resilient
- Great support, quick responses to email tickets and impressive turn around time for feature request implementation

Cons

Knowing that the software continues to grow continuously and features are added, here are notes and feature requests :
- the commenting section seems hard to access. We love that we can collaborate on boards, especially since it's so seamlessly connected to Google Apps. However, it's hard to discuss things within Kanbanchi. Perhaps inline messaging within comments, or a notification system for new messages within cards a user follows.
- more granular permissions to allow certain users (in this case, students) to be limited in functionalities (assigning or un-assigning others to cards, deleting cards or columns, changing tags, changing wallpapers and other UI elements, etc.)

Megan B.

Renewal process needs improvement

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Pros

I like being able to check off tasks, color coding, creating columns, sharing boards.

Cons

The renewal process. When our subscription was up for renewal, no reminders were sent from Kanbanchi and our entire team immediately lost access to our boards. Even an automated reminder would have saved us the trouble of being without that access for several weeks (because our admin had to get approval to renew, re-verify our non-profit status as well).

At the very LEAST you should let users view their boards once renewal is up, if not able to update / use its features.

The rhodes P.

Kanbanchi is great! Kanbanchi helps us greatly to deliver our mission and vision: educate the...

Reviewed on 2021/04/01

Please see above...many benefits!!

Pros

Integration is easy and fast, with Google Workspace in particular.
Have already solved many challenges with Kanbanchi, like hours tracking, and workload sharing.
We find many benefits in real-time collaboration...the rubber meets the road right here and now! Things happen fast, and Kanbanchi enables us all to keep up to speed.
The most valuable features for or team is probably the ability to comment, and receive notifications when other comment. That enables us to collaborate "at the point of use", in regards to the real time updates of what's happening on the "front lines".
Thanks Kanbanchi!

Cons

There are a couple bugs, nothing too major, though at the same time, the Kanbanchi development team is great, and always responds to us right away, and fixed the problem.

Jacek T.

Usefulness and simplicty of Kanbanchi

Reviewed on 2016/09/23

I use Kanbanchi for managing the whole university institute. I keep track of the tasks of my employees, publishing issues, PhD students' progress and a lot of other stuff. Kanbanchi is ideal for visualizing complex projects. Due dates pushed to the Google calendar are a godsend. I also greatly value colour tags and the ease of using attachments.

Pros

Easy to use, every versatile and effective, pretty fast.

Cons

The search options could be better.

Dollar L.

We love the program and when I contacted support I received a quick and helpful response.

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

We save time tracking outstanding projects and we are able to better track the outstading tasks for our team.

Pros

The best part of this software is the ease of use and ability to share boards with anyone on our team. The process of learning how to use Kanbanchi was also very helpful.

Cons

None, we love everything about this product. If we had one recommendation for this software we would love to have a phone app that performed the same functions as the web application.

Victor A.
  • Industry: Research

I am a experienced user

Reviewed on 2017/06/30

Its a powerful Kanban oriented tool I use for personal time management and also for collaborative work with my software development team. I like its simplicity to use and best of all is that is a powerful tool. Not an easy combination to find in a product.

Pros

The available options to color cards, the use of labels and tags far superior than similar product like MeisterTask. Also the way Kanbanchi filters the required information is really fast and give you enough granularity to show you only the what you need.

Cons

Even though I usually use the app from my browser in my office, there is no mobile app, so this could be a problem for others.

Zandro Z.

Kanbanchi is an innovative tool to create Kanban boards

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

team productivity and communication are optimised thanks to this tool. Project tracking and reporting is enhanced.

Pros

It is a very good tool that is integrated with Google Drive. You can create Kanban cards that are highly customisable with different colors, tags, and priorities. Start and due dates, estimated and actual time spent can also be set and recorded. Since it is fully integrated with Google, due dates may be added to Google calendar.

Cons

There is no app yet available for your smart phone. The software comes at a price. You would eventually need to pay for the software. It also only works in a google cloud environment which means that your team or organisation must be using google suite first.

Ellie K.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great app and easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

It was a great tool to assist with a large scale roll out of hardware

Pros

Really easy to use and set up. It had great filtering functionality and sorting tools such as the tag labels and colours

Cons

The pricing - this was introduced whilst I was halfway through a large project and the service was taken away from me

Norbert T.

Project management the Japan way

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

intern team and project management and organisation
keep the overview
time-scheduling

Pros

organise, prioritise, time-schedule and delegate your tasks within your team, separate tasks into subtasks, bring related cards of your colleagues together to keep the overview, change notofications, fully google integration

Cons

unfortunately all specifications which can be classified can only be filtered seperately for every specification itself,
due dates in done tasks show up in the notification pane

Alex T.

I can not live without it

Reviewed on 2017/02/17

The theory behind Kannan is awesome, now the ability to have this digital with kanbanchi, working anywhere, with the team, combined with Google Suit, couldn't be any better, and with the continue growing of features is always getting better, the real time web app make things work great for me and my team.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to share, easy to manage, connects with Google Suit

Cons

I will like to have more colors categories

Susan Y.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

not sure what I'm supposed to write in here.

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Pros

Drag and drop feature. The Gantt chart view. I rarely use the Kanban view. The Gantt chart helps me to see how on track I am for various projects and when it's expired. Then I would only go into the individual cards to update info where needed.

Cons

the zoom feature. It's OK for now but it's a bit clunky. I'd like to be able to easily view only the information I want and quickly view and access it. If this piece was easier, I might login more to update and move my cards instead of only updating it later. I like the idea of dependencies between tasks but it looks awkward on the screen.

Marie B.

I really like using Kanbachi to keep my projects visual and organized

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Pros

The visual cards. It helps me organize things well. I also like the function of being able to attach documents to the cards.

Cons

the gantt chart is more cumbersome. It doesn't allow for adjusting the time line from daily to weekly or even monthly. It would be great since I have several projects that are more than a year's time frame and so looking at it from a monthly time frame in gantt view would be super helpful.
I'd also like to have more colors available for additional color coding.

Curtis C.

Powerful, Flexible, Does not impede creativity

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

Ability for teams to manage projects without sacrificing creativity due to unnecessary constraints. The perfect balance.

Pros

Very flexible, allows individual teams the ability to organize projects as they see fit. The framework is loose enough that teams are not bogged down by the software. Integration with Google Apps is deep. Very easy to use with minimal training. Weighting tasks, tags, and email reports are great tools we use daily

Cons

I understand, but I wish subcards were free. The lack of a native mobile app is limiting. But overall it is perfect for our needs

Marcelo R.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Amazing for small and medium teams

Reviewed on 2016/12/16

I had a great experience with the application. The only thing that I missed was the option to write stories more detailed for each card.

Pros

Great and clean interface

Cons

Lack of proper space to write stories for each card.

Kim M.

Kanbanchi for Non-Profits Teams

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

Kanbanchi worked great for us initially and continues to be a great resource in many ways. My team is part of a larger non-profit and we have multiple grants, activities, projects and reports we are working on at any given time. Kanbanchi is a better fit for some projects than others. It is great for organizing and sorting tasks and visualizing what needs to be done as well as what has been done. Sharing task lists is also easy. My team has run into some problems with managing three separate Google accounts and Outlook accounts and sharing Kanbanchi across those systems. Part of the problem is systemic in that the agency where we work doesn't use Google, but our team works as educators and in direct service with youth at times and needs to use Google for access and teaching purposes. If we were all using Google Kanbanchi could be the perfect tool!

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Still in trial phase

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

Just started trialling this software, looking for an alternative to Trello.

Cons

I have not found many negitives yet, it is a little more difficult to get rolling with so far than Trello.

Aaron G.

Easy to use task manager

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Better time management

Pros

Easy to use, quick to set up for the entire company, easy to create and share boards. Checklists and due dates work well.

Cons

Most features are behind a paywall. It gives you options to do certain things but then prompts you to upgrade. It should just hide those options.