Kanbanchi for G Suite

David G.
Industry: Investment Management

It is indeed my Number 1

Reviewed on 2019/01/12

Pros

This is touted as the number one Kanban app for the G Suite! I love both Kanban and Google services... and so, logically this Kanbanchi has been an easy choice for me.

First, exports. I love the abiliy to export your data into a file format that can be easily used for analysis and reporting.

We use Kanbanchi mainly for organizing our tasks (per person/team/priority) for the office. Easy for all team members to access and we even have a big screen on the office to see real time movement of our tasks from created to doing to done.

Plus the look and feel of the app is great. Smooth as they say. Our rule is that for our tools to be easily adopted by the users/team, we need to make it simple, beautiful, and easy to use. Kanbanchi it is.

Cons

No cons so far, pretty much loving this software for our Project Management and Task monitoring use case.

Robert T.
Industry: Education Management

High School Innovation Center Project Management

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

It's been great... The limited functionality of the School Version is sometimes noticed but we manage to use it in our daily workflow quite well and are grateful to everyone at Kanbanchi for creating such a great software.

Pros

Kanbanchi is very easy to deploy across the Google Apps Suite and get my students on-board quickly. They are already using Google Apps in their daily schoolwork do It was a painless onboarding process. It also has a easy to learn and use interface. My students were off a running in one class period. It is a great way to keep everyone on the same page and up to date on projects.

Cons

Trying to convince my school administrators to pay for a ongoing license fee is not the easiest conversation to have. I would like to have a one time purchase price available.

Bronwyn P.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Great customer support

Reviewed on 2020/09/27

The platform is still being developed, but the team are friendly, reply quickly, and have clear simple to follow instructions for non tech heads like me.

Pros

I am new to Kanbanch and had a number of questions before purchasing. The team answered my emails promptly, heard my requests and actioned developments in some of those areas that have already been released. I am really impressed with the team and their apparent commitment to continuing to develop the platform.

Cons

I'm looking forward to the release of the kanbanchi app, but can work around that by saving a link to my phone's home screen for now. The program is a little slow to open, only a couple of seconds, but longer than many others.

Elie E.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Helps organize my work, but can be improved

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Organizes my big projects who have similar tasks. Saves me from tracking on a spreadsheet.

Pros

Cards turn red on the day they are due, but hey should turn a different color the day before they are due. This helps organize all of my big projects. I like that i can have a few tabs open in chrome, and if i change something in one, it auto changes in another. Customer support has been responsive, but not sure if they took any of my recommendations to actually change the software. I like that i can customize and use my own backgrounds for each board. I love the task/checkllist feature, i do recommend we are allowed to enter a date for any of the items in the checklist, if they have a due date. Thanks!

Cons

notifications, and not easy to mark complete, or read, and they still stay in the list even after i dismiss them. The week starts on monday when we try to choose a day, when standard is sunday. we should be able to choose. The filter does not remember my last saved filter selections, and i have to choose them again every time. And please let us have more than 3 tabs/boards on the bottom. Making us open a new tab in chrome should not be the answer. When i enter a description, it does not auto save, it should. If i type info in there, and click or alt tab to another program and come back, everything is gone. That is the most annoying piece.

Jh H.

Very Functional with Google G Suite

Reviewed on 2020/07/04

I work for a nonprofit and you manage many responsibilities. This has helped me organize my projects with ease. I manage projects from advertising, public relations, social media content, video development, market analysis. The learning curve is small. It is really a user driving experience and the customer service is... They get back to you with solutions! I am very pleased

Pros

Integrated into G Suites with no problems
Integration with G Mail, easy to assign a task to the Kanbanchi board
Calendar integration, I did not have to use a third party and or pay for an expensive platform such as Smart Sheet. I can see my projects on Google Calendar
Attaching files is very simple.
Easy navigation and can change views to look at project status.
I can See my Kanbanchi Board on My Google Drive! I then selected the Kanbanchi board so it appears in my Google Workspace

Cons

At this stage, I currently do not have a like least. I need more time to work with it.

Chris B.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Perfect for these times

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

My overall experience has been super positive and I'm hoping that we will adopt Kanbanchi across our entire organization. When I'm finally able to return to my workplace, I'm taking Kanbanchi with me.

Pros

While I am sure to have benefitted from using Kanbanchi previous to the Covid-19 pandemic, I was getting by without it because my normal day-to-day schedule and priorities were largely dictated by my teaching schedule. When I found myself working from home and with much more time to focus on neglected projects and new ideas, Kanbanchi came to the rescue. It has allowed me to easily generate and organize my long term and daily objectives, share them with my project partners, and track my time on each task.

Cons

As a newer user, I'm not sure I'm even aware of all the features Kanbanchi includes, and at this point don't feel that anything is missing.

Industry: Design

Organizing for visual people

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

It’s been great. They offer educational discounts for companies in that field, and they’ve been responsive to my needs for technical assistance.

One side comment I would make is that when a due date is added to any card, it displays in black type, which competes visually for the eye’s attention when looking at a board full of cards. I think the due date time should be in grey...or in a soft neutral color. As it stands, it feels too bold in black, too similar in size to the card title. Maybe shrinking size will allow it to remain black and not be so difficult to scan across many cards.

Pros

It helps simplify the many to-dos I have across business and life.

Cons

I wish I could see all my cards from different boards on one large board.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Ioannis Z.
Industry: Financial Services

Task management for everyone

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

Team task monitoring has been become quite simple! Who does what and who is available for a new task is easily viewed from the boards!

Pros

The simplicity of the software and ease of use !

Cons

Limitation on team view between shared boards!

Ben S.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Tracking incoming leads and scheduling projects

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

A good quality product for a reasonable price. Support staff have been friendly and helpful when needed. Smooth, easy and above all simple.

Pros

Very quick and easy to get started, plus the free trial allows you to be sure you are making the right decision.

Clear and simple design means learning time is minimised and the current state is easy to see.

Ability to email cards to a board is extremely useful

Cons

Unfortunately, lack of an API means automation and/or further integrations aren't possible.

I would like to be able to access more of the card creation features when creating a card via email and I would also like to be able to trigger other actions when a card goes overdue or is completed etc.

Konrad R.
Industry: Internet

Robust tool for a job!

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

I'm using it just for a month and I've already encouraged my spouse to use Kanban for home side project. I'd say it's fair recommendation on how easy it is to grasp the idea of Kanban cards, even for non-techies!

Pros

Kanbanchi provides easy to use Kanban Board implementation with realtime collaboration and clean look.

Cons

I'm not completely happy with comments visibility on cards (there is not enough feedback about activity on the card). It would be really great if Kanbanchi would send notifications about deadlines.

Marina C.
Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Instant relief for anyone searching to optimize their workflow

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

Working in a field where keeping track of fast-changing dynamics is crucial for managing the workflow in an efficient and sustainable way. As a supervisor of a team of 15 people, having an easy and understandable system to monitor daily tasks and prioritize with ease is essential to our work success. Achieving that is very much owed to this app. This software is also a great tool for our team whose work environment is 30% based on Google Drive docs and having Kanbanchi files in the familiar setting helps us navigate more easily through numerous documents we use daily. In our eyes, Kanbanchi was instantly recognized as a good marriage between G-suite habitat and a project management tool.
It allows us the flexibility without overwhelming the team members and it's a really fun way to effortlessly engage the staff and control our workflows. One of the most valuable features is the automatic sharing of attachments which is making sure everyone is updated in one place by receiving email and in-app notifications about the status changes. The filters are designed in a logical way and it lets me fastly grasp who is assigned to which task and to keep an eye on due dates. Having the possibility to backup our previous activities is helpful as it allows us to quickly access our past projects and connected documents. All in all, this is a great app for anyone who wishes to be on top of all assignments share relevant info in an efficient and engaging way.

Pros

The interface is simple and intuitive and it gets the included people engaged while at the same time allowing such a clear overview of all ongoing tasks.
Navigation is effortless. There is an overall sense of gratification when using this app so basically, Google built a nice software for people suffering from OCD. Result: more piece of mind and more team confidence.

Cons

Integrated chat would be a nice feature with a possibility of limiting access.

Evan K.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

A refreshing project and task management tool

Reviewed on 2017/02/20

I had noticed my productivity dropping as more projects and tasks seemed to pile up. I have tried multiple task and project management platforms but always found myself looking at an exhaustive list of tasks that left me anxious and without a good plan of attack for the work ahead. I sort of had an idea of how I would like my work to be organized but didn't find anything that could accommodate until I found Kanbanchi. It allowed me the freedom to device a system that works for me, which I think is the most important since everyone works in different ways. Similar to Trello, but a lot more professional, in my opinion, Kanbanchi is a KanBan style framework with a lot of great tools in an uncluttered format which has greatly increased my productivity. Each week, my email inbox is 0 because it all gets forwarded to my Kanbanchi system. Emails end up in my Kanbanchi inbox where I can categorize, set estimated amounts of time for each task (based on my customized filters), set priority levels, and group with other tasks within a project. I can then drag the task to a specific day of the week when I will want to work on it, setting up each day based on the estimated time tasks will take (knowing I like to work on more complicated longer tasks in the morning, and quick, easier tasks in the afternoon). When I now look at my workload, I just focus on each day's tasks and don't have to think about the rest knowing I will get to it when that day comes up. The customer service has been great and I take pride in knowing that they are a smaller company that can easily adapt and change the software based on my recommendations in a timely manner. I did free trials of at least 8 different software tools before deciding Kanbanchi was the right one for me. I run a small non-profit community development organization and Kanbanchi has given me peace of mind knowing that my work is organized and prioritized efficiently and effectively.

Pros

Extremely flexible allowing you to create a system specifically designed to meet your own neurosis and OCD.

Cons

Sometimes there is a short lag when dragging and dropping items.

Chris M.
Industry: Government Administration

Best Project Management Tools on the web!

Reviewed on 2016/12/12

I use Kanbanchi for just about everything from organizing my work projects to keeping track of my Christmas list! Very easy to use!

Pros

Ease of use and the adaptability for keeping things organized

Cons

I don't like having to view the app through chrome on mobile devices - would like to see an app in the future.

Alvaro M.
Industry: Utilities

Kanban Boards Online

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

I love doing Kanban the Japanese way and it's made simple for me and my PM team via Kanbanchi!

Pros

Thanks to my Japanese friends I was introduced to Kanban boards. We used to do it via post its onto the bulletin board... until it got too crowded, and post-its stopped being sticky. So, we decided to migrate to an online/digital Kanban board. We chose Kanbanchi to complement our G Suite subscription.

We display our board via a lard LED screen in the office, and Kanbanchi works well for us. We change the background often to catch people's attention and to make it more pleasant and interesting to look at.

It's easy to create cards and move them around. Easy to make comments and updates on the cards or boards. The entire team can log in and update all at the same time and we are all kept aware of the changes via the notifications or just simply looking at the boards. At the end of the week, it is easy to download a spreadsheet/report of all the done or outstanding cards left.

Cons

No mobile app. Yes, accessible easily via web browser but it would be great to have a dedicated mobile app for both iOS and Android.

Ebin E.
Industry: Human Resources

Best G Suite integration tool for project management

Reviewed on 2019/04/06

We can now manage our business with G Suite integration on Kanbanchi, this tool is really great. All the charts and integration plugins are readily available so that we can manage the project smoothly. Our clients are thereby happy !

Pros

The major advantage as said is the integration with Google and the ability to manage all the project details like Gantt Chart, Kanban boards etc in one place. Best and unique features that we liked is the 100% compatible with Google G Suite. The tool helps to make our team more compatible with the project needs and make them more efficient. Our all major issues faced during project management is being overcome with the use of this great tool !

Cons

The major issue is with the lack of a mobile app, they do not have iOS and Android app. This will make us to monitor the changes on web browser. Please release the app asap.

Josemaria G.
Industry: E-Learning

Effective and Visual Task Monitoring Tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Out of sight - Out of mind. Kanbanchi has effectively worked for our project team to be visually reminded of their tasks and other action items assigned to them. It is a constant motivation to move cards from the "Inbox" down to "Done" short of gamifying our task management in the office.

Pros

Kanbanchi is a fresh way for our team to manage to-do items visually and collaboratively. We have a project board which clearly shows how our tasks and action items are moving across the project phases.

Kanbanchi is easy to use. It is quick to create a card and move it on the board. Notifications keep us in the loop to know whether a card is taking too much time or has recently been completed.

Integration with our Google accounts is a plus since we didn't have to maintain a separate login account, and all our files can be shared, stored, and worked on using our office Google accounts.

Cons

Everything working so far, and we love every bit.

André C.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great, functional app to connect students in project-based learning.

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

- Greater transparency in our group-based and project-based activities for student leadership programs.
- More engaged team members, having always up-to-date information concerning project progress

Pros

- Easy to connect to student Google Apps for Education accounts, which don't always allow easy access to other apps like Trello or Slack
- Very functional and easy to use, all features are well integrated and the app seems very resilient
- Great support, quick responses to email tickets and impressive turn around time for feature request implementation

Cons

Knowing that the software continues to grow continuously and features are added, here are notes and feature requests :
- the commenting section seems hard to access. We love that we can collaborate on boards, especially since it's so seamlessly connected to Google Apps. However, it's hard to discuss things within Kanbanchi. Perhaps inline messaging within comments, or a notification system for new messages within cards a user follows.
- more granular permissions to allow certain users (in this case, students) to be limited in functionalities (assigning or un-assigning others to cards, deleting cards or columns, changing tags, changing wallpapers and other UI elements, etc.)

Barry F.
Industry: Education Management

Turned me into a hero

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

Kanbanchi changed my life. That is a bold statement to make about an app, but I honestly believe Kanbanchi increased my quality of life. Since using Kanbanchi, I have been more productive. The intuitive user interface makes using the application a joy; I don't have to fight with clunky or awkward buttons or navigations. Also, since the app seamlessly integrates with my G Suite for education account I can use Kanbanchi with my students and coworkers. I now look like a hero.

Pros

Intuitive user interface and pleasant user experience, G Suite for work integration, simplicity, basic version offers ample feature (and I still paid for a pro account)

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Megan B.

Renewal process needs improvement

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Pros

I like being able to check off tasks, color coding, creating columns, sharing boards.

Cons

The renewal process. When our subscription was up for renewal, no reminders were sent from Kanbanchi and our entire team immediately lost access to our boards. Even an automated reminder would have saved us the trouble of being without that access for several weeks (because our admin had to get approval to renew, re-verify our non-profit status as well).

At the very LEAST you should let users view their boards once renewal is up, if not able to update / use its features.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Financial Services

Best kanban board app that is fully integrated with G Suite

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

I really liked Kanbanchi and will choose over any other kanban board app. It is very useful for me because our organization relies heavily on G Suite. The seamless integration makes our work faster.

Pros

Kanbanchi is the best kanban board application I used that is fully integrated with Google Drive.

- Kanban cards is highly customizable. Color can be edited. Tags and priority (Low – Critical) can be added.
- Start date, due date, estimated and actual time spent can be set and recorded.
- It has a clean and intuitive design. All activity in the card may be viewed in a separate tab.
- Due dates may be added to Google Calendar.

Cons

- No smartphone version.
- Gantt chart is available only for the paid version.

Ben B.
Industry: Building Materials

Easy to use agile project manager tool

Reviewed on 2020/04/08

very good. Managed our business through kanbanchi for 2 years now. we have developed a lot of processes through this software. everyone likes it and that makes it easy to train people. We have got out ISO certification using this software and planning to develop it further in the years to come.

Pros

It's easy to learn, easy to use, quite fast in comparison to most other Softwares. Works on all browsers with no issues and its interface is very adaptable to different sectors of business.

Cons

The software mobile version is a bit clunky. It needs a mobile app. that is all.

Reg B.
Industry: Writing & Editing
Company size: Self Employed

Great For Managing Projects

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Excellent tool for gathering all the files from other softwareare services and products using into board - eg. linking the informational task card to my google drive documents or mindmaps or pdfs - keeps a sense of order where there could be chaos flipping to other systems to find files and working accross platforms - this makes document management simple - files in other areas, links etc then moving forward with the project to completion.

Pros

Simple interface
Integrates with Google Drive
Looks similar to Google products
Cloud based
Unbelievable friendly service from the team to answer my questions quickly
regular updates being done
The custom backgrounds add a nice feature

Cons

Largely no negatives
Folder/Archiving system needed
Better report printing functions

James B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Wouldn't be without it!

Reviewed on 2020/05/23

Pros

Kanbanchi has become a huge part of our processes over the last year or so and has only got better in that time. It is extremely agile and user friendly, the team wouldn't be without it now! Would recommend to any team looking to automate and streamline their processes!

Cons

The application has everything we need and is improved continuously

Soledad M.
Industry: Design
Company size: Self Employed

Kanbanchi, The best app to project management

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

I have a fulltime job, freelance projects and self-improvement projects, like learning new things, etc. With Kanbanchi I can organise my time, prioritise my tasks between this worlds and see the entire progress of my projects.

Pros

Is without doubts the best project management app. An amazing interface, with a lot of features without the need of insert plugins and, exists perfectly in GDrive environment. Kanbanchi is a must have to organise any kind of projects from small and solo to big projects with large teams.

Cons

The solo plan with chart Gantt is a bit expensive.
I'm a very organised person, and I like to scope my personal projects and plans on a timeline. I think a Gantt chart is a good reference to track the time spend, discipline and compromise. For example, I'm currently trying to lose weight: to reach my goals, I necessarily have to chunk this big goal in small ones (milestones), So, a Gantt as a reference is the best way to see my progress.
Summarizing, Gantt visualisation is not just for enterprise projects, could apply to another kind of projects.

Yoseba O.
Industry: Sports

Nice software for Kanban management that can be shared with your teammates.

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

Start working through a Kanban system work flow with my team collaborators.

Pros

It is very easy to use and the work environment is very friendly.
It is integrated in Google Drive. That's really nice!!!!
Their customer support answers you very quickly with the proper answer you need and they are open to explain you anything you need through the application or by e-mail.
There are many options and features you can add to each task card: tags, colours, owners, comments, attachments...
In addition, there are very usefull paid add-on features such as Gantt chart, subcards...

Cons

Thinking about a Kanban tool by itself, it would be very useful if there was a kind of time log for each task card to record the work progress, define the lead time, etc.: when you add a task card in your system, when you start working on it, when you stop it because of external issues, when you finish it...
In addition, there is not a mobile app which may ease the use of this tool even if you do not have a computer.