Teamwork

Work and project management software that works for you.

Sara olive S.

Working Well for our Project-Based Company

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

The overall experience has been pretty positive, with most team members adapting quickly to Teamwork. There has been a slight learning curve, since we were going from a very basic system in Trello to this more fully-featured tool.

Pros

The best part about teamwork is the birds-eye-view that it gives employees and managers over everything that is going on within the company. We really appreciate having our time tracking system tied directly to the tasks within a project because it makes it much easier to log time and to see how much time was spent on each area of the project.

Cons

We have not yet developed a clear process, and Teamwork doesn't seem to have one built in, to account for tasks that are waiting on outside input such as a client approval. Most of our clients are not using our Teamwork software, so when we are waiting on a review there is not a great way within the software to distinguish that apart from a task that is actually late.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Sara Olive,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork! It's great to see Teamwork has helped with your task and time management.

I've passed your comment onto the support team to look into these issues further.

Paulo F.

Teamwork to integrate you team work ;)

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

My overall experience is OK since my client requires us to use it within their organization. It's taking time to get used to it and learning how to use it properly.

Pros

The platform is very complete! Pro managers will have a field day working with this platform since it has all the necessary features to help them keep track of the work being done throughout the team/organization.

Cons

Like any other software or platform, it takes time to learn how to use and get used to it. This is always a deal-breaker for me, whenever the estimated time to setup and start using a product is long I am discouraged in using it.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for leaving a review of Teamwork - we really appreciate it.

It's great to hear that Teamwork has all the necessary features for your team!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with onboarding - could you email us at [email protected] so we can look into this further?

Karen at Teamwork

Great project Management software!

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

Very happy with the overall experience, have been seeing the software get better and better over last couple years.

Pros

Tracking tasks on projects are top of the line with this software. Reporting and additional features are constantly improving but much better than Microsoft Projects or Smartsheet.

Cons

Reporting features and Gantt charts/tasks both showing at the same time can use improving.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hello,

Thank you very much for this amazing feedback, we really appreciate it!

We are glad to see a 10/10 recommendation - our product team will be thrilled with this.

Thank you for letting us know about the reporting features and Gantt chart issues. Could you send us an email at [email protected] so we can learn more about this and see if there is something we can do to help?

Gustavo G.
  • Industry: Printing

Belize Signs Ltd Teamwork review

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

We try several project management systems and we ended using Teamwork.
We had been using Teamwork for more than 4 years and definitely it has been an extraordinary tool to improve our business, I don't think we would be able to do it without the Teamwork

Pros

I like the way you can customize your projects, it can be done very clearly and fast, also the ability to set your privacy and the way you can organize the communication between the people involved in the project, this software is really amazing once you have set your system, another good feature is that you can start with a very simple project and use it as a template optimizing it adding more to it during the process of the same project

Cons

only a few details when posting from mobiles, sometimes little details doesn't work when posting some kind of files from mobiles

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for your great review of Teamwork.

Our support team are an amazing bunch - please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected], if you are experiencing issues with the mobile app.

Bassam H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Easy to use, full of great features, budget Project Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

I have been using TeamWork for 6 years now, I am very happy with it, and new useful features are always being added, making the tool more and more helpful and efficient...

Pros

TeamWork Projects is an easy to use software, full of features to collaborate and manage projects. Notifications and customizations are very helpful. The ability to add users from different companies to collaborate in a project is amazing, and for me, it is an edge over other similar PM tools. The extended family of teamWork products also added great benefits. Integration with other software is also a big plus. And finally, the price for the subscription is very reasonable and the value for the money is on the upper hand...

Cons

The options to export the data or migrate data are a bit limited. Other than that, all features a project manager would need are present, being added or improved constantly...

Response from Teamwork.com

Hey Bassam,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork. It's great to hear that you are enjoying Teamwork and the extended family of Teamwork products!

We are delighted that Teamwork has had a positive impact on your consultancy's collaboration. Our team is constantly working to ensure that our product enables users to collaborate seamlessly.

We understand you note on data exportation. It would be great if you could email us at [email protected], so we can try resolve this issue for you.

Have a nice day,

• Industry: Online Media

Teamwork Helps with Project Management and Keep Us on Track

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Overall the product is great! It integrates with our time software where we invoice our clients pretty seamlessly. The setup does take a while but once you have everything setup correctly you can easily manage the time of each of your employees and each project. It is great to keep everything all in one place for each and every project.

Pros

I like the fact that each project has so many ways to add information to each account. There is an overview tab where you can see the overall health of the project from one screen, and tabs where you can add Tasks, Milestones, Messages, Files, Notes, Links and even Comments for each project in the system.

Cons

It takes a very long time to get everything setup. There is so much to learn about the setup of the product and the free trial is not long enough to set up everything correctly from start to finish.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork. Our product team will be delighted to hear the feedback - 5 stars all round!

On-boarding issues? We have this covered! We just released on-boarding templates so now we have a sample project within the trial setup, based on what works best for your business.

If you should ever need assistance, our Super Support team are on hand 24/7 for any and all issues! You can catch them at [email protected] :)

Have a nice day,
Nancy at Teamwork :)

Teamwork is an affordable and robust project management software tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/04

Teamwork Projects has a lot going for it. They are constantly adding features and options that make it more user friendly, and address a lot of small business needs where many other project management software apps just focus on the project aspect, and neglect the money and expenses. Our only gripe is that they don't have a better invoicing system so we could run even more of our business with one application.

Pros

I was surprised at how much you get for the price with Teamwork out of the box. It has built in time tracking, an extensive notifications system that let's you choose how often you want to receive updates and what you want to receive them about, and a great thing is bulk edit of tasks.

Cons

The invoicing system is too basic. You can create an invoice and add expenses, however, there are not a lot of options here. Also, the API doesn't allow for you to go in and do too much which is something that would really appeal to our team of developers.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the features of the software, and that it has helped with your organisation.

Invoicing system issues - we've got you! I've passed this feedback over to our Projects Champion, Julie, who will have a look into this request for you! Can you email us over at [email protected] with more details on the feature request?

Christina P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

This product has made my life so much easier

Reviewed on 2017/03/30

I am a big fan of Teamwork Projects! I am a UX designer and I had a problem in my company where all of my research files, notes, recordings, ideas, etc. were stored in a number of different places and I needed a way of keeping this information in a single place with the easy ability for other people to see it and to easily search and find what I need. Before Teamwork I would spend ages trying to track down files that I knew existed somewhere, or wanting other people to look at files that turned out to be saved on my local machine.

Since discovering Teamwork all of that has changed. It has such a clean and easy UI that makes it very easy to organise my work. The search functionality is great, and the licensing does not charge per user so I can give everyone from my company a login if they want. On top of that, Teamwork has a whole bunch of features that I didn't realise I needed until I used them, and now I could not live without them. Within each project I can attach files, I can forward emails straight into the messages section, I can add a list of tasks and check them off once complete, I can record deadlines and time worked on a project, and I can record any risks the project has with severity levels and impacts. I can even setup people from outside of my company and give them limited access to certain files.

Teamwork has amazing capabilities whilst being simple and easy to use. I really cannot recommend it enough. And at such a reasonable price for licenses I would struggle to find an equivalent competitor out there.

I have only given it 4/5 stars for features and functionality purely because there is one extra feature I would love to see (if I could have done 4.5 I would have but alas it does not allow half stars on this site). The only thing that is stopping the rest of my company from logging in and looking at all my files is that they need to remember another login. If they could add single sign on and allow it to integrate to other systems we use (such as the atlassian products) then I would be able to get many more people in my company using it.

Pros

I love how easy to use it is!! I can gather many different file types (including emails) in one location, and I know exactly where to go to find them later. On the off-chance you cannot find something, the search functionality is great. I spend most of my time either adding files, messages, notebooks or links. I don't often use the time or billing sections, but I can see how they would be useful to other people.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see improved/changed is I would like the ability to have single sign on with some other common tools, such as the atlassian suite. If people in my company did not have to have ANOTHER login to another product then so many more people would use it.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Christina,

Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I've passed on your feedback with the rest of the team here and we're all delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects. You'll be glad to hear that single sign on is really close to being released. So your team will be able to use it very shortly .

Thanks again for the great review. If you'd be interested in working on a case study with us just shoot us a message to [email protected]

Amanda R.

Best Project Management Software Hands Down!

Reviewed on 2017/03/29

In my last position our organization of 80 people evaluated multiple project management tools over six months. Teamwork was the clear winner. After we adopted this software the Teamwork staff worked directly with our team to help us find the best ways to use their tools and even made enhancements at our request! I've since used this software for two non-profits and my own company, founded just over a year ago. The choice was never given a second thought. Teamwork continues to make enhancements, they find ways to make their software more intuitive, and they add new tools regularly. Their service is exceptional. I send an email I get a response no later than the next day but usually in a matter of hours. There is no comparison to Basecamp, the tool I've seen other organizations use and the tool I was using before adopting Teamwork. Teamwork is far and above the better program.

Pros

Intuitiveness of all of the tools. Integration of all of the tools to work together. The appearance and flexibility to customize it for each unique organization. As an educated graphic and interactive media designer, I applaud the UI designers. Very clean, no-nonsense, where the design and placement of interactive objects don't get in the way of the use.

Cons

Love the new calendar. Would like to see how it could populate both ways to a Google calendar. This may already be possible and I just haven't explored it yet. Really can't think of anything, though.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Amanda,

Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that Teamwork Projects has had such a positive effect of your team's productivity.

Here's a help doc about viewing your Teamwork Projects calendar in Google Calendar: https://support.teamwork.com/projects/calendar/viewing-your-teamwork-projects-calendar-in-google-calendar. Hope it helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

We'd love to work on a casestudy with you and showcase it with our customers. If this is something you'd be interested in, simply shoot us a mail to [email protected]

Dominic N.

One of the best, but still a lot of room for improvement...

Reviewed on 2017/03/29

I found Teamwork when the necessity for time tracking, project management and employee/client collaboration was needed at my job. I had already been using a similar system called Paymo at home for my freelance work. So I had an idea of what I needed, and knew Paymo wasn't structured very well for my use. I researched the heck outta these kind of sites, like close to 15 ones, and test drove at least 5 of them with trials. Teamwork wasn't the best, but it was only outdone by others that were ridiculously priced.

There are many things I like. The robust functionality of the task lists is probably the most useful. And project organization is nice too. Shortfalls in this area are that project categories are shared across multiple set up companies, not company specific. I don't like how tasks are hidden once completed. And how limited you are on active projects, I'm archiving like crazy, just to save money.

I like that the entire system is cleanly designed in a cosmetic sense and for the most part intuitive to learn and use.

I also love that it is not user based pricing, being able to add as many users as I want opens up more collaboration with coworkers and clientele.

A hard thing to find in these systems are time based reports. Teamwork has great time tracking tools, but kinda falls short in how you can report these. Within the system its just a list with a somewhat useless filter. And exporting this out to a pdf looks plain awful. Customizable, exportable, graphical representations of the time data would make an awesome addition to this system, and would improve and simplify review of time analysis with "less data minded" collaborators and clients. Still, I haven't found one system that really buts much effort into reporting and how it stands in Teamwork is still better than others.

All those flaws aside, where Teamwork REALLY drops the ball? Invoicing! No customization, no templates, plain and boring invoicing, and not much can be said for financial tracking or reporting here either. I really hate the financial end of this system all together. Even Paymo did better.

So for a single company, looking to only organize and collaborate projects and tasks, to improve speed and efficiency, Teamwork is superb. If you need data analysis and reporting on financials and time invested. You'll need a second system to do that with or one of the way overpriced systems that offer that advanced stuff.

Pros

Robust functionality of tasks and projects. Clean intuitive design. Collaboration ability and allowance of unlimited users.

Cons

Time reporting lacks in depth data, customization and visual graphic representations.

Invoicing is almost embarrassing in its looks, almost no customization, and zero financial reporting.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Dominic,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate your feedback. We're delighted to hear that Teamwork Projects has been so useful to you and your team. I've passed on all your suggestions to the team for their consideration. Here's a list of the upcoming features that we'll be adding over the course of the next few months: https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap. Here's a list of our current integrations including invoicing: https://www.teamwork.com/integrations. I hope you find them useful. Please get in touch if you have any questions.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Giorgi G.
  • Industry: Tobacco

Very well managed team!

Reviewed on 2018/06/16

Pros

I love the extended functions and the flow of the task management in this program! It's very easy to even communicate with team members via the application, not talking about managing project/tasks collaboratively which is very easy.
It's utterly feature-rich platform where you can get a certain task/project maintained without any hassle. It offers almost everything you need for managing the team, your own tasks or even the time spent on the tasks
Overall, I highly advise it to the companies who have large and many teams for project management.

Cons

In the beginning, this platform might seem a bit overloaded with lots of functionalities which are gathered in one place. It, in fact, has a lot of functionalities, thus, you need to take time to review the whole platform before you are able to work on it effectively.
It certainly takes time to figure it out at first.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Giorgi,

Thank you for your great review of Teamwork Projects.

Great to hear you you are making use of all the features it has to offer and allows more smooth collaboration between your team members.

Feel free to get in touch to explain what you found difficult at first and what onboarding issues you are experiencing at [email protected]
We offer free daily live webinars, by joining our webinars you will learn how to use specific features, find out about Teamwork best practice and hear about new updates. Feel free to join these at anytime, this will also be useful if you are training a new user to use Teamwork Projects https://www.teamwork.com/webinars.

Roger R.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Excellent Software for Project Management in Small to Medium Businesses

Reviewed on 2017/03/29

Our office has been using Teamwork for several months, and while not everyone in the company has moved to the system, those that have are quite happy with the way it functions in general. The level of customization that is available is robust enough to be useful, while simple enough to be functional for even an untrained employee, and has improved even in the few months we've been using it. It does require a lot of effort to build the systems and workflows that work for your company and industry, but once that is done maintenance and usage are fairly straightforward.

My only recommendation to anyone considering this software is that you make sure you have executive buy-in. If the executives in your company don't get on the system, it will be much harder to get the rest of the organization in line. Executive time is certainly precious, but make the case for the software hard, and well before launch, because it is vital they be on it.

Pros

Customization, ease of use, multiple ways to organize your projects and workflows, employee interaction.

Cons

Needs more robust and customized reporting features, could use individual calendaring.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Roger,

Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that your team are having a positive experience with Teamwork Projects. If you can tell us why you're having difficulties getting buy in from the rest of our team we'd be happy to look into the issue.

We're working on improving the reporting functionality at the moment but a work around for now is go to the Everything section, add your conditions and export your report.

You can add a filter in the calendar that just brings up your items.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you ever have any questions.

Therese

Teamwork Projects is a suitable project management tool for larger teams, with useful...

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Teamwork Projects was used as the core project management tool at our web agency for a few years. If you team up Teamwork Projects, Desk and Timer all together you get a powerful set of well integrated tools. We ended up moving away from Teamwork though as we moved on to larger projects and a more agile workflow.

Pros

Teamwork Projects has some great features to help keep your business ecosystem all in one place. Being able to track time in multiple ways (browser or desktop timer) and manage comment threads, files attachments and notebooks on individual projects is very useful. The UI is also quite neat to use compared to other tools.

Cons

Despite the useful timer integrations and options available to keep all project info in one place, reporting and visibility still becomes a bit unmanageable with the in-built options. Our team resorted to syncing data to external data management tools to assist with planning and resourcing, rather than using the in-built tools.
Kanban view in Teamwork also needs a bit of work to make it more useful within the current system.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hello,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we really appreciate it.

We are sorry to see you go - I've passed your comments onto the support team to avoid issues like this in the future.

Please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] if you ever need help with anything.

Christopher C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Productivity software putting us onto the fast path for success.

Reviewed on 2018/04/22

Boost to team productivity, away from email and spreadsheet tracking.

Pros

As we expanded from tiny to small sized marketing team, we were experiencing an email deluge and suffering lost productivity as a result. This put us back on path to success. Hubspot integration a big bonus for us aswell - shopping around I could not find anything similar unless you're prepared to use Zapier as middleware, which I was not. Also important to note this integration is supported by teamwork itself no a community organization/company.

Cons

As with any software there is a learning curve. Even after doing tutorials you will have a learning curve. I guess for user experience to be a real home run, more pop ups and intuitive suggestions for what I may want to do on a page would be nice. It would be great if I knew how important it would be to set my orgs own best practices on comments for tasks, tags for tasks, linking, using office document software in tandem etc. Where is the sharepoint integration.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects.

Great to hear that we have been part of your success as your team has grown and continues to grow.

Would you prefer a specific webinar set up for you and your team with our Customer Success team, they can go through the learning curve that your talking about and give you advice as well as some hints and tricks to help you and your team save time allowing you to be more productive. They are available on [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ali W.

The best project management software I've used

Reviewed on 2017/04/03

I started using Teamwork in 2011 after having evaluated and tested it versus 9 other tools. It was the best solution then, and it still is now.

I've subsequently introduced it to the last company I worked at (to replace their existing tool), and to my latest company. The feature list is also constantly growing with incredibly useful updates and enhancements.

From a UX point of view, Teamwork is incredibly well designed, and the latest dashboard enhancements are testament to this. Being able to add team members, clients and external contractors is also hugely beneficial. You can provide access to the relevant projects and tasks, and also restrict certain features - such as time tracking.

I can't recommend this tool enough - different league to everything else.

Pros

Time tracking, UX, hierarchy levels, and sub-tasks.

Cons

Genuinely there is nothing I can say that is a con about the software

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Ali,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects since 2011. We're glad to have you onboard and we cant wait for you to see our upcoming feature releases ;).

Mike B.

Fantastic Project Management Platform

Reviewed on 2017/03/29

We have been through 2 bad project managment experiences before finding Teamwork. Teamwork checked all the feature boxes we needed to manage dozens of client projects at once and the support is always very responsive.

Pros

Ease of use, great support, clear development roadmap, great training videos, easy to get team buy in to use the platform.

Cons

We'd love to have a better templating system. Either a more robust import from excel (like relative dates or bulk assigning responsible team members on import) or a way to collect Task List templates into groups. We have several repeating types of projects for clients and it would save a lot of time to rubber stamp templates in one go.

The iOS app is ok but it's not good enough to make me stop using the web version on iPad. Not a complaint but I'll always favor a native app on any platform if I can.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Mike,

Hope all is well and that you are still enjoying Teamwork Projects.

It is now possible to import tasks from Excel, check out the following video that shows you how to do so.

Wes

*****

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to write the review.

I've passed on your suggestions to the team. Hopefully you'll see some of your ideas implemented soon.

Kristen G.
  • Industry: Design

Excellent tool for managing projects

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

I use teamwork to oversee website maintenance for my client's numerous website projects. I track time, set up reminders, tag teammates in notes, discuss courses of action, and upload files. Teamwork works as expected and does a great job of helping me keep on top of my duties.

Pros

Love the logical layout, reliability of the tool, the ability to track time, set deadlines & reminders, and to have team task-based communication. This tool, put simply, works. I haven't encountered anything I wanted to do with this tool yet that couldn't be done.

Cons

I get the sense that this tool offers a lot of features I don't use. I wish there was an intro email campaign or continued emails about using all of the features so I know what I am missing and how to use those features.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hey there Kristen,

Thank you for leaving us a review of Teamwork Projects. We were delighted to see that you have enjoy so many aspects of the software - our team will be delighted!

Feature emails - hmmmm... there is an idea! We do have a weekly blog post and weekly email that goes out to all our customers so this might solve the issue for now - https://blog.teamwork.com/.

In addition to that, our customer success team run weekly webinars on features within the products. You can find the schedule and sign up here - https://www.teamwork.com/webinars/.

Hope you have a great day!

John T.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A Comprehensive Product With a Steep Learning Curve

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

If their way of organizing projects appeals to you and fits your organizational style, this is a full-featured product with an enthusiastic team developing and supporting it. It has the flexibility to go from a small business team right up to a major enterprise. While it didn't work for me, I can see it being a trusted solution for many people and companies.

Pros

Teamwork Projects has thought of everything. The design of this UI is very carefully done, and they maximize the most functionality out of every inch of screen space. The layout is pleasing and easy on the eye. The interface and design are very up to date, clear and logically laid-out. The collaboration features are excellent.

Cons

I trialed the product extensively for a month and found it frustrating to learn - or at least to adapt for my particular use. While it is clearly a great product, the structure is somewhat rigid. If you work the way they've organized the project process, great: you'll love it. For me, I had a hard time switching back and forth between projects, and I wanted access on-screen to more elements at the same time. I also didn't feel that the product allowed me to customize my workflow the way i'd like to.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hey John,

Thank you for your review of of Teamwork Projects.

You gave such great comments, it's a shame to hear you didn't stay with us after your free trial ended.

Can I ask did you join any of our webinars? These would have given you an insight on how you can use Teamwork Projects the way you want. I'd love if you could contact us on [email protected] where one of our account managers could go through this with you. We'd hate to see you gone forever!

P. andrew E.

Switched to Teamwork - Wouldn't Go Back

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Pros

- You have a dashboard view that shows you late, due today, and upcoming tasks, which is helpful in keeping yourself sane and knowing the higher-priority projects at any given moment.
- You can set recurring tasks so you don't always have to go in and set up a new task list every month for repeating tasks.
- I can add as many co-workers or freelancers as needed, so my entire team can stay on the same page.
- I can organize files in Google Drive and link them into my projects for easy file access / organization
- I can set dependencies so tasks only become available if I am actually able to take and action on the item.
- My team can communicate easily via several communication channels
- The Teamwork team is also working on a chat app that integrates with projects. It looks really slick although I have not tried it out across my whole team at this point.

Cons

- I've found the mobile app to be relatively useless apart from giving me a notification that someone has chatted me.
- If you try and slide a chain of tasks to a new due date, the dependent tasks change as well - but they suddenly forget that I don't work on the weekend, so I end up with inaccurate timelines.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects.

Nancy at Teamwork.

Paul W.

The best project management system, hands down!

Reviewed on 2017/03/29

We've been using Teamwork for almost two years now, and during that time Teamwork has enabled our globally distributed team to stay connected, communicate, manage tasks and most importantly, get the work done amazingly efficiently.

As the Founder & CEO of the business, I can honestly say that Teamwork plays a very important part in the ongoing success and growth of our company.

Thank you for building such an amazing platform, and for constantly implementing features!

- Paul.

Pros

Everything is exactly where it should be and the system is amazingly fast, reliable and super easy to use.

Cons

Nothing really!

I only hope that some big software juggernaut doesn't come along some day, buy Teamwork and ruin it. :)

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects.

Myca A.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Life Saver for Cross-Functional Teams

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Overall, I love Teamwork. It helps me juggle a number of highly-technical and detailed tasks and teams without dropping the ball.

Pros

I lead a lot of cross-functional teams with individuals in different areas of the organization -- where I may or may not have direct control of their time. Teamwork is the ideal way to provide visibility into their work (and point out anything that is falling behind!) in a way that's concrete and transparent. I love that I can spin up a project in a matter of minutes and capture the key details of a new mini-project right in a meeting.

Cons

The Gantt view is hidden! This is one of my biggest pet peeves. For a PM software to hide the calendaring and Gantt functions seems pretty crazy. Also, in order to have something show up on the Gantt view you have to take several additional steps. Granted, I don't want every task on there, but it should be more intuitive how to populate this important tool.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects.

Nancy at Teamwork.

Say G.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

So intuitive, perfect for my process-driven brain!

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

Teamwork is one of those programs that's as simple or as complex as you need it to be. At first, I mostly used it as a collection of checklists and files, and I've been gradually expanding upon the features as I refine my business processes. I love how you can turn off the features you don't use, tag everything, slice your data any which way you need to get the reports you need, and control client and team access to different features. I've had a few bugs and a bit of downtime over the past few months, but I found the staff to be candid and transparent about issues and I like that.

Pros

I like the ease-of-use, the depth of features balanced with the intuitive way of using it. I needed almost no training to get going with it.

Cons

I'd like to see the Google Drive integration built out more. One feature in particular that annoys me is that it doesn't recognize if you've already added a Gdrive file to another task, resulting in linking in the same file over and over.

Some things, like turning a task list into a template, aren't intuitive and you have to dig through the menus to find out how to use them. Same goes for many template-related features... I wish it were easier to work with templates.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Say,

Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects.

I'll pass on all of your suggestions to the team for their consideration.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Alma B.

Enterprise Level Project Management Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Overall, I have only had incredible customer service and a fantastic user experience.

Pros

Can't say enough good things about this program. I have used it for the past 5 years and by far it's my go to program for any marketing agency. I love how easy it makes task management, keeping project momentum going, keeping all files associated with projects all in one place and the ability to manage dependencies. I even love that it offers billing and time tracking, which is great for marketing agency work.

Cons

There are few features about this software I don't like. I only wish there was a better way for TW Projects to automatically copy emails into the software as they pertain to certain projects.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hello Alma,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we really appreciate it.

It's great to see such positive comments about our product and a 10/10 rating. Our customer service team will be delighted with your kind comments.

I've noted your issues with email copying and will pass this onto the support team to investigate this further.

• Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Teams work better with this teamwork platform

Reviewed on 2020/06/12

Firstly teamwork projects is easy to use and intuitive. Our teams can collaborate on projects at hand from remote locations and we share ideas and resources throughout the life cycle of the project. I know this tool is suitable for every business type and industry, as long as effective collaboration is required.

Pros

I like how resources needed for the project is stored withing the teamwork project platform itself. This makes things move faster and everybody understands what is needed from them

Cons

personally there have been no cons for teamwork projects in my experience and within my department also.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thanks for an amazing review of Teamwork - it's great to see such positive feedback.

No issues? That's something we love to hear at Teamwork - our customer's satisfaction is one of our main priorities!

If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

Elyssa R.

Good overall product, could use some improvements

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

Pros

Easy to bring various employees, clients, etc onto a project
ability to link to google drive for project files
easy to set up projects/ define templates to use repetitively

Cons

Difficult to limit who has access to what, either global (everyone can view) or entire groups can't but harder to select just an individual or two
linking to google drive is actually where the files are copied over, if the google files are ever updated they do not copy over (big problem as we use google doc & numbers a lot and the files on teamwork are always out of sync)
no ability to create a project and assign template tasks, have to create the project and then manually add the templates

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Elyssa,

Thank you for your review.

Great to hear that you are finding it easy to use Teamwork Projects with your employees, clients, etc. and that you find it easy to set up projects using the template feature.

We provide training in the form of free live webinars, "The Success Channel - Online Training", here you can ask questions and see the solution played out live on screen by our specialists.
Here you can ask about limiting access, about integrating your Google Docs and template tasks.

Wes