Darryl C.

Pleased With My Results and Value

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

Generally positive

Pros

Stable and reliable. I have succeed in deploying three different sites all with different needs.

Cons

Some additional customization without CSS would be nice. I would like to see more variety in the templates.

Gene K.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Best Bang For Your Buck

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

Wild Apricot allows us to schedule classes, have members enroll in activities, and hosts our web site simply.

Pros

It's universality, it works well on every device, giving us instant functionality. I can find members, schedule events and make adjustments instantly, anywhere.

Cons

Sometimes I get lost doing certain operations.

Brian F.

A Sinking Ship

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

I have been a long time client of WA (7 years), but we are unlikely to renew. 3 years they ago they had a 40% price increase, but they allowed you to renew for up to 2 years at the previous rate. That increase was somewhat understandable because they had not raised fees for the previous 4 years we were clients. 2 years later they had another 40% increase but did not offer the same renewal. Neither increase coincided with major functional additions other than normal enhancements to existing functions. Today they announced a new 20% penalty if you don't switch to their payment processing system (US/Canada only). We have no intention to switch from PayPal so this was the last straw. We will be looking for an alternate option. They were acquired by a larger company and subsequently and equity firm. These increases are obviously cash grabs from current clients without considering the impact to the organizations. My suspicion is the company has a major cash flow issue and this is a way to get money now. I would be very leary of the stability of the company as they will lose many clients over this. This is really unfortunate because their tool is excellent!

Pros

WA has a great feature set that includes a lot of the functionality we need to completely manage our membership, communication, and payment collection. I especially like that we can have bundle memberships and can create saved searches for email distribution or member management.

Cons

There are occasionally issues with some of the search fields that can only be resolved by logging off and back in. I would like to have group texting capabilities.

• Industry: Executive Office

Flexible software but needs some tweaking

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

I manage the memberships for a club that has over 15 teams and 240 members, so it is not the easiest thing to manage. I went through a few different programs and Wild Apricot seems to be the best fit for the numerous needs the Club has! It is easy to track payments - overpaid balances and balance due, I can enter manual payments, add extra line items to keep track of fundraising credits, and easily email families or certain individuals from the software. There are workarounds for some of the limitations that the software has, which has been helpful.

Cons

There are a few issues that I have with this software: 1) it does not allow group invoicing so if I need to add an invoice to all members on one team, I have to go into each account and manually create; 2) it is not intuitive when it comes to families with 2 or more players, as it does not allow two different memberships to be linked to one account - I end up having to create a unique account for those families; 3) it does not allow partial payments. As with most membership sites, I have found the website portion to be somewhat clunky and limited, so I have the actual website on a different platform, which is unfortunate.

Lawrence (larry) R.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Perfect Software for Small and Not So Small Associations

Reviewed on 2017/01/11

I have all of my clients using this software. I have very small associations on it and one not so small organization. New versions appear to come fully tested. No system is 100% perfect unless you design and deploy one that the organization builds from scratch. However, there is a flexibility to WA that lets us make it work for you. The support both online and in person is superb.

Once you get your members to interact with the system you will most likely hear or see comments as "It is really easy to use" or "Even I feel comfortable being online with it".

From a technical point of view the application is well integrated and it make navigating the site almost a no brainer.

Having said all there are things that can further make the system more effective and efficient. The WA staff is very open to user suggestions and they have a short, medium and long range plan for system improvements and enhancements.

Most associations I am familiar with can make this system work for them without an enormous outlay of capital and human resources.

Keep up the good all of you Apricots.
Lawrence E. Rosenthal, PhD
Principal & Owner
The Kaleidoscope Associates (TKA)

John M.

We are largely happy with WA about a year into the relationship

Reviewed on 2015/06/22

Pros

The product is rather easy to use for my role as web-pages and journal editor and de-facto co-webmaster, especially compared to the high-priced-brand from which we switched (in stages) last year. WA staff have been quite helpful as I asked a lot of questions, some of them later seen to have been kinda dumb. They do strive to improve. Example: When we started, the "Files" function loaded quite slowly via Mac Safari. I beefed and they fixed. Every tool I now use regularly is usually fast and consistent. I cannot speak to the membership-management and money matters that others handle.

Cons

Several small points of inconvenient usability. I did an online survey and mentioned several. The only one I remember clearly was a little thing, having to mouse-click then type then click again when entering anchor names, for example. Fixing that will save about 100 switches from keyboard to mouse and back in an editing session. In text, Ctrl/Cmd-A-X-C-V do work, but Ctrl/Cmd-B-I-U do not. WA staff said they are working on these things. They face real challenges in the way HTML and Word documents afflict text handling, especially links and hidden format code, but those gremlins are probably Internet-wide, certainly on other sites I edit.

Walt B.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Sometimes Have to Wrestle with It; Development Has Slowed

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Frequent price increases over the past 5 years, and a slowing of new feature development and attention to feature and glitch requests since being taken over by Personify in 2017, are reasons to hesitate in committing to Wild Apricot.

Pros

Easy to move over to. Good-looking website; easy to edit and expand.

Cons

As in any complex system, it's sometimes necessary to fight its limitations, particularly in event creation and registration. It assumes that memberships are individuals and bundles of individuals, each with their own record. This can make it a challenge to maintain, communicate with and register for events couples and families. Editing web pages and email blasts often runs into time-wasting line spacing glitches, a longtime issue. Reports are limited in flexibility and not particularly useful - it's usually necessary to export data to Excel and format your own.

Clara E.

Impact SA implementation of membership management software

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

Our implementation of Wild Apricot was very positive as our lists and fields easily transferred into Wild Apricot. Setting the membership levels was a challenge as we discovered that our different payment options created separate membership levels. If we could have simply set up four levels with different payment options it would be much simpler for our members. Wild Apricot support has been fantastic. Allowing our members to update their information and having members input their own information upon joining for the first time has saved us hours of manual put (both initially and going back to correct errors). One of the drawbacks of Wild Apricot for us is the inability to set up specific payment plans, while it is possible to set up recurring payments we must track the number of payments and turn off the renewal date once the required payment has been reached. Bundle memberships has also been a bit of a challenge as all the payment is required in order to set up the membership. We have created a way around by entering partial payments as a different membership level and moving them into the bundle membership once the required payment is accumulated. The inability to receive regrets for events has also been a bit of a drawback. Performing searches in Wild Apricot is one of it's strongest features. Searches may be saved and used for future needs. It is possible to search by every field that has been set up. Event are also easy to set up and track. The integration with our financial partner and square has also been very possible. Although, the integration with Square seems to be in the initial stages and not fully integrated with Wild Apricot.

Pros

Searches, ability to edit fields and event creation and tracking.

Cons

No ability to set up specific payment plans (i.e. 5 payments, 4 payments). No option to send regrets for an event.

Ines A.

Membership Software

Reviewed on 2020/01/15

Every support request has been taken care off super-quickly. It has been a pleasure to work with the WA team since 2015.

Pros

it covers all needs: membership database mgmt, event mgmt, communications. All in one place

Cons

a bit constrained when it comes to webpage design, but all the functionality behind (database, calendar, etc), it is OK, it is definitely worse working around it.

Albert R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Everyone professes to be the best, while Wild Apricot is supreme of all the rest

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

Efficiency times a 1,000 plus effectiveness times 1,000

Pros

The primary focus is tracking members and personalizing them. This is made possible with the back end user field creation. It is simple, user friendly and improves strategies on what to create, track and respond to the member with less man hours to use, that promotes huge cost savings when you achieve more with less using the full functionality and power of the the backend

Cons

Two things, admin access has improved, but no option exist to disallow exporting members. This is a crucial consideration to manage and control member data. If a switch can be added where exporting is an option that would be great. Second is the forum or blog needs an option to screen a post prior to making it public.

Horace H.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Third Party Support for Wild Apricot

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Our organization has been using Wild Apricot for many years and as the times changes we are able to keep up with all the features most other websites are using. The website features and options are great, the membership, event and donation features are wonderful.

Pros

Even thought I started the use of Wild Apricot I found a thirty party company Site to be seen that could take my ideas and create a much better website than me. Using Wild Apricot. I could use them to do things in less the half the time it would take me. However, I can still make the minor changes if needed.

Cons

The only downside I see with the software is you have to be a pro to use some of the features. I am not a computer expert and I don't have the time to learn.

Annette K.

Annette Kaohelaulii's Review of Wild Apricot for Hawaii Ecotourism Association

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

I was actually involved in setting up Wild Apricot when Hawaii Ecotourism Association first began using it. I moved the information over from a previous website to the Wild Apricot website. I did not do much of the administrative work until later. I made minor spelling and informational changes to the website and handled the updating of member information. At that time HEA had administrative help and I supervised the administrator, so I knew how to do some of the tasks and could find answers.

More recently, I assumed more duties as Treasurer of the organization, so I had to figure out how to do more of the accounting tasks. Previous administrators utilized phone calls to resolve problems, but I have not done that, yet. With the help of another volunteer, we figured out how to do many more tasks, pertaining to membership, accounting and messaging The help section usually gave us the answers.

I would recommend Wild Apricot to other small organizations because it can be customized. I am an older woman, so I have usually have problems with terminology and the technical aspects of using computers, but I persisted and learned to do many of the necessary tasks. This program is probably easily understood by a younger person.

Richard B.

Outstanding Web Developer

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

We have been using Wild Apricot for about four years now. The Team has continuosly updated and revamped every aspect of the software, making it more functional and easier to use. The team at Wild Apricot has quick surveys that allow user to input reccomendations on what needs to be improved, and they LISTEN. I refer any new comer to the venue of non-profit organizational member / fundraising, to look at Wild Apricot.

Pros

Integrated financial functions, seperate event publication abilities, membership and contacts tracking.

Cons

Can't cut -n -paste docs into web page.

Cathy M.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Customer support outstanding

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

Whenever we have an issue or question, customer support is quick to respond and offer solutions. When the function we want is not part of the system, we are able to post our ideas on the community forum and if the issue is popular, the Wild Apricot team adds that new function into the system.

Pros

Easy to use. I haven't every been officially trained on the system, but it is very intuitive and the help section offers thorough step-by-step instructions.

Cons

Sometimes there are limitations on the functions but we can always recommend they add certain features, which is helpful.

Kay N.

You Get What You Put In

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

The customer service at Wild Apricot is good. If they are busy and request for you to leave a message for a call back. Do it. They will call you back and it's likely the caller will be able to help. Do not give up hope!

Pros

Flexibility; we have an unusual membership structure and Wild Apricot was the only platform at the time, that could help.

Cons

Several "static" pages cannot be customized and are bit baffling to our users. It's pretty minor. We have created workarounds.

Patricia S.

WA - review

Reviewed on 2020/09/11

I am still discovering other features
Also need to explore the help features more

Pros

I appreciate the following
- ease in putting together a page on the website
- integrated email system
- event listings with email announcements

Cons

things to improve
- Newsletter template - is limited in feature (I want to put a thumbnail on them to easily identify them)
- the members mobile app is lacking in key feautures like a chat and push notifications

Eve-marie L.

Six years with Wild Apricot - a success story.

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

Our organization, a non-profit women's giving circle, launched Wild Apricot in 2010. At that time, our leaders were managing membership with a set of spreadsheets, money management on one, renewals and non-members on another, etc. Our website was not considered central to our operations - it was simply informational. In the first year we were able to centralize all our membership work using Wild Apricot. Using the Finance and donation features came later. All of our events have been managed through the website for these six years. 241 education events and meetings, including our Book Club! Members and Guests register on the site. Membership applications and renewals are done through the website.
As the webmaster, I would like to focus on Customer Service. Throughout the 6 years I have sent many emails to Wild Apricot with technical questions. I cannot think of another software with such outstanding service. Service hours are listed, and they are not 24/7, yes I have always received answers quickly. I have received responses prepared on Sunday morning by the Chief Apricot! We have had interchanges until I understand how to resolve my problem, or in some case, WA resolves it for me.
The only feature we are still looking for is the ability to create a nice newsletter within Wild Apricot. We currently create it outside and import it to email it to our large contact list.
I should mention that in these 6 years, WA has only increased the cost of the software once, and it is still extremely reasonable. We have the Professional level, allowing us 25 admins, and it is just $100 a month.
I highly recommend this software to manage a non-profit organization.

Michael P.

Big Bang for Your Software Buck

Reviewed on 2014/11/13

Pros

My use case is a small community organization of about 100 member families that owns a clubhouse and marina, both of which are rented out to members and non-members. Like many other small organizations, we struggled with maintaining members lists, email lists, email blasts, calendars, events, etc. via all manner of ad hoc solutions. In addition, we were paying GoDaddy for hosting our website.

The WildApricot system brings it all together. Our contact info is always current, even allowing Members to self-serve their profile changes. The calendar is terrific, as we rent out out Clubhouse for small events. Adding a rental to the Event list shows up on our Event Calendar, so we always now what dates are open or booked.

A few weeks ago we migrated our website away from GoDaddy to WildApricot (hosting is included in our WildApricot subscription). So now, in addition to saving us the annual GoDaddy hosting charge, we have a fully integrated Club Management system that is easy for non-techies to use.

Cons

Not much. A few of my least-like issues were addressed in the recent update.

Rick V.

This is a COMPLETE solution for organizations

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Has complete organization for our organization...that is the PPOC (Professional Photographers of Orange County. We are able to advertise and send out timed emails to our members. In addition we collect and organize all meetings and workshop (as well as collect funds) through the software.

Pros

This online software includes virtually EVERYTHING you could possibly want for the day-to-day operation of an organization...including collecting funds for events and membership. Of special note is the email system which allows reminders to go out for events and renewals.

Cons

A bit of a "learning curve." The organization provides an excellent training videos which helps you set up and operate the website and you WILL need to watch and contact the help support (which is excellent).

Pat W.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Okay for small group management, but not reliable

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Frustrating. Disappointing.

Pros

Not much. It does have some features built in that are easy to use, like the member forum. It also has some customizable features in the membership rules...if they work. Sadly, you can't rely on them and the support staff is less than supportive.

Cons

Where to start. Support is only available via chat or email, and only Monday through Friday from 10:00 - 5:00.

Next, the system is full of bugs. Members renew and it doesn't advance their renewal date. Members try to log in and it won't let them establish a password. Members can't log in so they create a whole new account, and there is not duplicate warning, so we just have to stumble on the duplicates. There were several member files that had the wrong renewal date but we couldn't change them manually. The system would give us error messages. The system would also randomly change information that we entered into the fields. The search features are less than reliable and do not show all the information unless you export the file to a spreadsheet. If changing member levels it will automatically revert someone to the current member year. You should be able to set that option or create a rule where if the member price is the same it keeps the already paid for years. We have an extremely high rate of payments that go unprocessed, for various reasons. Recaptcha not working, card declined because the payer used auto-fill on the form, card declined because the website is in Canada, and more.

I have spent almost every day in some sort of chat session with the support staff, and you cannot interact with the higher tier support, only the base level. Plus, there have been times where it was a week or more before we received a response.

Mark C.

Empowering member organisation for reasonable cost

Reviewed on 2013/03/15

"Empowering" is how I describe this software. For member based organisations that typically have limited sources of revenue and operate on tight budgets, this software gives you all you need to be efficient, effective and highly-professional. It has literally transformed the way our organisation is administered.

It helps to have a bit of digital knowledge in creating and customising your Wild Apricot system but you don't have to be an expert. The relatively simple flexibility of the system - combined with great help documentation and support desk - empower those who want to have a heavily customised system but either can't afford, or don't want, to employ somebody to build a system from scratch.

Pros

Heavily customisable package that is specifically built for member-based organisations. Provides fantastic transparency and efficiency to most of the tasks required of a member-based organisation.

Regular updates and new features ensure your organisation remains at the leading-edge.

Excellent help documentation and even more helpful support desk.

Third party providers give lots of choice for support when you head into terrain you're not familiar with.

Cons

Content Management System could do with some tweaking, but even then there's very little you can't do, particularly if you employ one of the many third party providers.

For us server outage/updates are at peak times (we're in Southeast Asia).

Bob D.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Close to a Perfect Fit for our Needs

Reviewed on 2017/01/11

A bit of a learning curve when first starting out, but amazed at the depth of functionality and flexibility that we received for the effort. Just as important as functionality was the knowledgeable and very responsive customer service folks when we did have questions or needed help in a particular area.

We are a small organization that had been maintaining the typical multiple Excel data bases and trying to make them match. Further, we had a weak web site that was hard to use and update. Now our membership and events are automated and we get an excellent website platform along with it.

Pros

depth of functionality

Cons

Still struggling with email templates

Teri W.

Easy to work with

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

It has helped coordinate the membership and the event planning. It has saved hours of doing all of these things manually.

Pros

The support and attentiveness to wishlists and problems is exceptional.

Cons

The financial system is very complicated and it is very easy to make a mess of it all if you do not do things in a specific order.

Kate W.

Great, except for an issue introduced when a software update was made

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

Unfortunately this issue involves 1000 minutes (16 hours or 1/2 a week) of extra work per year and introduces the chance of errors.
The software is easy to use and we managed to create a 'work around' for the problem introduced.

Pros

Great help pages. So easy to make changes. Exporting information is easy.

Cons

The software updates, when things sometimes change that are not indicated in the communications.

Mona S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Content Management System for Clubs

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

Overall, an excellent value for the investment. Using it has helped our club to implement events more easily and keep the content current.

Pros

End-users can update the web content without knowledge of the web or other web tools.

Cons

A closed environment, the APIs should be opened up to allowed data integration.