WildApricot

4.3/5
4.4/5

Wild Apricot saves a lot of time in managing this 501C3

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

Ease of use for non tech person. Customer support is excellent. Allows for complete automation for events, including taking payments and tracking attendance.

Cons

At times it is difficult to change the content of some website pages without changing the template. When new members are onboarded, they have difficulty finding out how to view other members.

Bobbi

Wild Apricot - robust non-profit management tool

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

Customer Service, online support and chat are all very helpful and easy to use. Telephonic customer service hours aren't too long but the service is good. There are also great video tools for implementation and getting started.

Pros

Software has lots of features that we were not getting from our previous event management software. In addition, we get a member directory and membership management all in one program.

Cons

The learning curve for using it is somewhat steep, but once that is conquered you can see the true value of the software

Neon CRM

Reasons for Choosing WildApricot

Constant Contact was not maintaining or upgrading their event management system and we saw the opportunity to combine our systems into one.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to WildApricot

Price.
Pat
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Okay for small group management, but not reliable

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Frustrating. Disappointing.

Frustrating. Disappointing.

Pros

Not much. It does have some features built in that are easy to use, like the member forum. It also has some customizable features in the membership rules...if they work. Sadly, you can't rely on them and the support staff is less than supportive.

Cons

Where to start. Support is only available via chat or email, and only Monday through Friday from 10:00 - 5:00.

Next, the system is full of bugs. Members renew and it doesn't advance their renewal date. Members try to log in and it won't let them establish a password. Members can't log in so they create a whole new account, and there is not duplicate warning, so we just have to stumble on the duplicates. There were several member files that had the wrong renewal date but we couldn't change them manually. The system would give us error messages. The system would also randomly change information that we entered into the fields. The search features are less than reliable and do not show all the information unless you export the file to a spreadsheet. If changing member levels it will automatically revert someone to the current member year. You should be able to set that option or create a rule where if the member price is the same it keeps the already paid for years. We have an extremely high rate of payments that go unprocessed, for various reasons. Recaptcha not working, card declined because the payer used auto-fill on the form, card declined because the website is in Canada, and more.

I have spent almost every day in some sort of chat session with the support staff, and you cannot interact with the higher tier support, only the base level. Plus, there have been times where it was a week or more before we received a response.

Kimberly

Excellent Management System for All My Needs

Reviewed on 2020/01/15

I began using WA in 2011 for a non-profit managing 90 volunteers and various events and fundraisers. Since then, I have created WA accounts for 3 other non-profits of similar size AND, as of 2017, also created a WA software account to manage my professional association of 1,000 members with great success. I am a huge advocate for Wild Apricot software and how is can effectively manage members/volunteers and manage events/fundraisers/conferences while being a user-friendly, professional platform to market my organizations.

Pros

The simplicity yet robust nature of this software is awesome. The user-friendly setups and ease-of-use make it an effective tool to help manage various facets of the organization. Many screens are at-a-glance summary overviews while others provide sufficient detail to meet a variety of needs. Many of my volunteers are elderly and they can navigate the system just as ease as a techny-teenager. The system is user-friendly enough that, if you are in it every day, it is not cumbersome and, if you are an infrequent user, it is quite intuitive.

Cons

While I like many things about the software, I only wish there was a way to (1) track volunteer hours within member profiles and (2) have the ability to use more than one payment system (I have a 501c3 and 501c4 organization with different financial needs) so I wish I could manage both within the same software system. So, those are big wish list items that I hope come along in the future but so far those are manageable through other less than ideal means. Otherwise, on a daily basis, there is very little I have issue with within the software.

Nena
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

ECF..."Florida's Electrical Industry Leader"

Reviewed on 2021/10/19

Wild Apricot is the best thing that works for our association. We have used the platform for multiple associations in the past and from day one to now, it is the best solution out there for our organization at a price that includes great 'self-help' information and multiple choices when support from WA is needed.

Pros

Wild Apricot offers ECF an opportunity to create, modify and update our online software when needed, allowing our in-house staff to make necessary adjustments without having to spend association funds to hire programmers to complete the tasks.

Cons

There is one item on our "Wish" list that we hope to see in the future. It would be nice to upgrade to a newer version of Excel or Word when exporting information. It's a small thing, but when you are trying to handle multiple lists for conversion to reports, etc., the first move is to save and rename the document based on the compatibility function. On a busy day, it's an added step that's time lost.

A 2nd wish would be for a bit more friendly e-mail design module. It works but can be challenging.

Jeanne Marie
Jeanne Marie

Does the job but feels very outdated

Reviewed on 2019/08/04

It is functional and works, but has a lot of room for improvement--especially with the increase in cost.

Pros

It was very nice to have a software to organize our membership. The software was built into the website directly, so members can directly renew their membership while browsing the website. You can build different user permissions into different levels.

Cons

The UI of the websites you build with this and the backend feel outdated. I feel like the event tool could be more powerful, especially with how powerful you can easily build websites with Drupal/Wordpress. It would feel more like a membership program if the events could be dynamic with attendees, volunteers, being able to list what is still needed, etc. We found ourselves moving to Facebook or Next Door a lot to interact with our members.

Also, in the span of one year, our plan went up by $20/month, which was an extra $240 a year for our small, local advocacy group.

• Industry: Environmental Services

Good website for smaller clients

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

My experience overall has been great. I have moved several of our smaller clients over to this platform because it was a more cost effective option.

Pros

the ease of building pages and events. I can teach anyone how to use this software and how to build and track events easily.

Cons

The limitations on contacts, without paying for upgrades.

Wild Apricot relieves stress

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

As a volunteer with a nonprofit organization that meets monthly, Wild Apricot has allowed me to automate a lot of the functions that took hours and caused a lot of stress. My advice is to take Wild Apricot in the morning and relax.

Cons

Difficult to change some web pages without completely changing the template.

• Used for 2+ years

Love Wild Apricot

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

I selected Wild Apricot as the association management vehicle for a professional association that was trying to find a flexible and easy to use management integration platform. It has worked wonders. We have been able to increase membership, get our members to make all transactions through the website and we are able to make changes to the website without engaging an IT professional. Great cost savings!

Pros

I like that it is a one stop shop for association management. It is easy to use and you get so much for the money!

Cons

The interface for creating newsletters is not as robust as I would like.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great web hosting service for any size organization

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Overall pleased. Kept them even after the price hike because several new services were added.

Pros

Extremely easy to manage membership rosters and send emails to your members. Event creation and registration is easy and intuitive for attendees. Creating and editing webpages is WYSIWYG and works smoothly.

Cons

A little pricey if you only need a website host of static pages that are rarely updated.

Karen

Wild Apricot is perfect for recreational clubs

Reviewed on 2009/07/14

I would definitely recommend Wild Apricot for any organization with a membership and events that require registration. They manage this amazingly well!!. I love the fact that it is so easy for both admins and users to use. Most of my admins and membership are not technical so this is important to us. It's easy to enable blogs, forums, and photo galleries to create community pages -- somewhere that members can connect to the club and each other.

Pros

We are a recreational tennis club with 70 members. I created a great website with a customized membership application form in just one day with no coding required. Within a week, we were live, with online applications and online event registration for tennis tournaments and even electronic payment. I have ALL contact information plus player rankings available when it is time to do the draw; it is so much easier than taking paper entry forms which are not filled out completely or legibly. Thanks to customized event registration forms, I can solicit volunteers at the time that they register. No more calling people at their homes trying to find someone to help!!! I appreciate the security measures too -- I am able to provide club newsletters and photo galleries to club members only. My membership is very pleased with the functionality and everyone says that the club feels more connected this year.

The Wild Apricot support team has been responsive to all questions and problems.

Cons

The finance side of Wild Apricot is a little weak as their reports do not take into account the finance fees that Google Checkout and PayPal deduct. And you can't modify the numbers manually to reflect actual amount received, either due to finance fees or if someone sent in a partial payment. They are aware of these issues and are working on them.

The other enhancement request that we have is to have users be able to see who else is signed up for tournaments. That's because we are a social organization and because we make use of changing volunteers to help with every event. Wild Apricot is working on this but it was not an early priority because professional organizations that were hosting seminars, for example, had no need for participants to see who else was attending and did not necessarily use any volunteers.

Lisa
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Wild Apricot has everything a non-profit needs

Reviewed on 2017/12/16

Pros

I was the Secretary for my Chapters well known organization. The Secretarial duties are vast and important to the life of the organization. Wild Apricot appears to have everything a non-profit organization needs. It allows me to do all of the required things necessary.
The membership database allows for custom as well as preset categories with specified access. I can keep track of membership categories, addresses, dues due, and
Quick books is a part of the application. Reports can be easily generated using the information entered into the database. My favorites are the communication sections. I can announce events that all members can quickly view, be registered for or wait listed. Reminders can also be sent to all members or those specified.
Payments can be taken and recorded, invoices and receipts sent. The confirmation emails are customized and can be personalized. Documents that need to be shared can also be done.
I find that Wild Apricot can complete all necessary duties assigned to an organization. While all officers can have premium access to all documents, reports and finances 24/7, it also allows for all shades of transparency to members while keeping confidential information secure.
I haven't run across any application as thorough as Wild Apricot. I've only used the application a few days as they allow a 30 day trial to try it out and show off their goods to potential users.

Cons

My only concern is that the way in which things are laid out aren't as intuitive as I would have liked. I would rather have an illustrated manual on the dashboard for when a new user signs in. There is a quick 4 minute video guide that I may find usable later on the opening page. But its definitely not a deal breaker for me.

GARY

Great product but not for everybody

Reviewed on 2020/09/10

Biggest impact has been the reduction in paper processing for membership applications and renewals, and for tracking event registrations and financial results.

Pros

We are the oldest ski club in the USA, and run hundreds of events each year, including over 20 high-dollar flight trips. WA has excellent features for setting up and managing events. The membership management software is also first-rate.

Cons

WA recently implemented an in-house credit card processing feature. Soon afterwards they started charging a 20% processing surcharge for those who do NOT subscribe to their product. Their processing fees are higher than what we are paying with a very large merchant provider, so we don't want to switch. We are waiting for the "other shoe to drop" when WA will drop support for 3rd-party payment processors.

Nancy

Great Service, no hidden costs and love the database

Reviewed on 2014/01/03

Have been with 3 other companies who promised great things for membership-based software and under-delivered. WA's response time for customer service is faster than any of the other 3. Sometimes takes several tries, but with stay with it and the issue is usually solved.

Rather than promising many items before the contract is signed, then revealing that you get rudimentary versions and have to pay for the more robust item that you really need, WA is up front with what you get. They accurately answer questions about this type of issue before you sign on with them. They also have a free version limited to a small number of members, which can let you try everything before you totally commit to a fee-based version for a larger organization with more members.

The database is faster than any other we have used. They allow a LOT of fields rather than limiting you to an extra 10 or 29 beyond the basic ones needed for a members-only database. As a result we have been able, for the first time, to keep track online of members, contacts, past members, exhibitors, donors, etc., all online without the need for separate offline databases for some of them. With other companies the limited fields means we could do a lot with members records, but could not adequately add or change anything enough to keep track of advertisers, sponsors, exhibitors for our conference, and had problems with trying to identify prospects for members or to track those who dropped their membership.

There are a few areas that still are lacking. We currently use Joomla for content management, and find the Joomla templates, content categorizing, and methods of limiting access to be more useful than WA. There needs to be at least one responsive template, since a large number of our members have become more dependent on tablets and phones for their internet content. The report system gives a nice online report, but results are not printable and when downloaded, give you a spreadsheet including every single field in each record rather than the single items you were looking for in the report.

WA makes upgrades about twice a year, usually incorporating the most requested improvements. They also make other smaller upgrades in between the main ones. If you can't wait, tweaks are available for a fee through a third party which is familiar with the WA environment. They are the only organization out there who makes me feel that they really DO care about what a non-profit organization might want.

Lynn

A great all-in-one package for membership management

Reviewed on 2013/06/23

Excellent all-in-one system for many basic needs of a member-based organization. Terrific support staff and very clear online documentation make implementation straightforward. Very professional look for e-mails. Be aware that you will need to rebuild your website (and/or be satisfied with a patchwork look as you link from your main website into Wild Apricot).

Pros

We use the software to host our website and manage our membership database/contact system (emails to members and potential members). Before moving to this system, we were using separate tools for these three functions and it was extremely cumbersome. The consolidation was straightforward, their online help documentation is superb, and their technical support is astoundingly prompt and thorough. Seriously. It rarely takes more than 3 hours to get an extremely high quality response, and during one interaction the support staff proactively suggested a completely different approach that had advantages over what we were trying.
The contact management system (emails) is beautiful. It has given us a much more professional look and feel for our user base and many of our members have told us they feel it is impressive.
We are not using all the features (in particular, photo albums, user forums), but may want to use them some day, it is good to know we have these options for expansion.

Cons

I gave it a three star rating on ease of implementation only because they do not have the ability to easily import your old website into their system. This frankly is not a big problem for us, we wanted (and needed) to overhaul our website anyway, but it means that as of today (three months after go live on the member database and contact management system), we are still transitioning our website. We are all-volunteer with no staff, it is truly not difficult to re-do the website, but if a user is satisfied with their existing website, the effort to transition over should be part of consideration.

Tonya

Don't expect improvements.

Reviewed on 2021/05/21

Pros

I will have to think on this one. I guess - the price BUT, you get what you pay for.

Cons

Web page builder is not intuitive, lack of new features, poor customer service, no response to any of the registration action items that have been requested for YEARS. I could go on for quite a long time. We have used it for four years now and our team has had enough. I sent an email to them and it took WEEKS for them to respond. They have never made ANY upgrades to the software that are noticeable to the users in the four years we have used the product. They focus all their time on creating content to tell me how to run my organization as opposed to improving their product. They recently sent out a survey requesting feedback which I provided. I told them all the things I am writing now. Their response? No feature improvements but they are raising their prices! We are moving on. Unless you are seriously strapped for money, look elsewhere.

Michael

An inexpensive, easy-to-use, ever-growing association/member management software solution

Reviewed on 2009/07/15

I have used other software to manage our association's membership, and Wild Apricot is far ahead of the curve as far as functionality, customization, and ease of use. But probably the best feature is Wild Apricot's team of wonderful customer-focused developers and support personnel who respond quickly, efficiently, and reliably to all support requests...at no extra charge!

Pros

Wild Apricot's team is extremely customer service savvy and quick to respond to problems (of which there have been very few). They also are always making product enhancements (on nearly a monthly basis) based upon their customers'/users' requests, suggestions, recommendations, and needs. The functionality is as simple or as complex as needed, based upon the size, structure, and budget of an organization. Online registration has made keeping track of events a breeze; although we have not yet instituted online payment, several options are available. Automatic reminders of membership renewals are easily programmed and customized, as well as event reminders; membership blast e-mails; opt-out feature; advanced search and filtering of member records; back-end administration rights can be customized; importing and exporting records; viewing and editing member records and privacy settings; CSS and Javascript customization; saved e-mail drafts. Pricing is based upon number of active records.

Cons

I have very few complaints. I have requested several features that have been incorporated into the software's functionality. I have made a request that is in the queue for consideration: because our association is for public relations professionals, we have a lot of news, and it would be nice to be able to set news posting dates and archiving dates with individual articles with a library of past news stories. The WYSIWYG formatting for pages is a little clunky, but there is a wealth of documentation for customizing pages as well as support materials.

DeeDee

I have been with Wild Apricot for 2 years now, all I can say is THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

As a small non-profit and an all volunteer board, we do not have the capability to run our membership sign ups and training registrations, by hand. We now have automated payments, registrations, renewals and are able to communicate in an instant with our membership. It is also very nice to have all of this with a user-friendly website in one place!

Pros

As a small non-profit, this software has made organizing and communicating with our membership SO much easier. Membership is now automatic and registering for our events is easy for our guests and much less work for us. The website is easy to manage, and our financials are much more organized. I think what I like the most about this company is that they are CONSTANTLY improving according to a "wish list". It is very obvious that they care about their customers (US!) and continually work hard to improve. I love Wild Apricot!

Cons

The software is missing just a few things that would be great for us personally, but with 1000's of wishes, I understand that not all of mine will be granted :)

As far as function, I have no complaints.

William

Was great. Now terrible.

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Stay away! This company is falling apart. See cons comments.

Stay away! This company is falling apart. See cons comments.

Pros

Used to work very well. Lots of features and descent integration. For 2+ years I loved this software. Not anymore.

Cons

After the company was sold and the CEO left the price went up and the quality dropped- a lot! Customer money was being taken and the payment info wasn't propagating through the software. In other words customers were paying and not getting what they paid for. WA tech said the problem was contained to two days only, then to 12 days... here I am a month later and the problem is still occurring! Their best solution was a suggestion to no longer use paypal because their integration with WA was bad. They support paypal integration then say not to use it. Insane. Thousands of dollars wasted and a ton of frustration. I am switching to a word press based platform.

Barry
  • Industry: Higher Education

Wild Apricot Review

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

We are an all volunteer organization of about 500 and use Wild Apricot for our membership database and event registration. Once we made the few changes to customize the site we have found it very easy to answer questions about our membership, handle the renewal process and run our events registration. The work is done by a variety of non-technical members. Wild Apricot help is actually helpful and almost always answers the question. On the few times, there have been problems we have received a very rapid response and the problems have gone away.

Pros

The software can be used by non-technical folks
It is easy to add data fields associated with our organization
Wild Apricot response to questions and problems is prompt and very helpful

Cons

These are not biggies
1. The search logic is a bit restrictive - no and or within the same search
2. Formatting of event announcements is sometimes tricky, seem to loose control of the font

Albert
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Everyone professes to be the best, while Wild Apricot is supreme of all the rest

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

Efficiency times a 1,000 plus effectiveness times 1,000

Efficiency times a 1,000 plus effectiveness times 1,000

Pros

The primary focus is tracking members and personalizing them. This is made possible with the back end user field creation. It is simple, user friendly and improves strategies on what to create, track and respond to the member with less man hours to use, that promotes huge cost savings when you achieve more with less using the full functionality and power of the the backend

Cons

Two things, admin access has improved, but no option exist to disallow exporting members. This is a crucial consideration to manage and control member data. If a switch can be added where exporting is an option that would be great. Second is the forum or blog needs an option to screen a post prior to making it public.

Lance

Wild Apricot is Outstanding!

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

My overall experience has been excellent, and I have used it for another nonprofit and recommended it to a third who adopted it, and all have been more than satisfied with the product and service.

Pros

The database and event management tools are excellent, and the website construction is very good as well. I pretty much love just about everything about the software.

Cons

While the software makes it easy to create, maintain, and update the website, there are limitations when compared to other platforms for site creation, but that is the trade-off for getting everything packaged together, and I have been able to do everything I needed to do. On the back end, sometimes things can be a little idiosyncratic or unclear, but the important thing is that whenever I haven't been able to figure out how to do something, the online help guide has made it easy to find the answer, and when I needed to talk to someone, the live chat and phone service has been absolutely outstanding.

Kristen
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great for Chamber of Commerce/NonProfits with Membership Base

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Great for an organization on a tight-budget looking for an all-in-one database for membership management.

Pros

Supports organizations with a few members up to 15,000 (large size range); template-based website design gives the user numerous options. Great customer support/help videos. Perfect for storing information on members, communication and billing of dues. Easy to import spreadsheets. On a tight budget, this is a great all-in-one tool. Minimizes the use of error-prone excel sheets and runs great reports.

Cons

The user interface is a little bit dated and can be confusing. Does not integrate with social media. There are some other membership software that are a little bit more modern.

Nicol

Not for Business to Business based Membership

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

As WA is so difficult to use, we only use it as a place to store contacts and financial transactions. Getting any more data out of it is more troble than it's worth.

Pros

It seems like it would work well for organizations where individuals are the members. It was cloud based making it easy to access from anywhere.

Cons

We are a membership organization where businesses are our members. Wild Apricot is set up to support individual membership. Linking individuals to their member companies is a headache and has caused all of our staff to revert back to managing all of our data in spreadsheets. There is little to no support online and it is extreamely difficult to learn to use.

Brian
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Wild Apricot - membership System

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Our non-profit organization compared several membership systems. Wild Apricot provided the most features at a very good price. We needed to move our system away from what we had in a very short time and before the summer season began. We were able to this in the time frame provided.

Pros

Feature rich software.
Easy to create a website
Standard features included automatic membership renewals, management of multiple membership classes, ability to add custom fields, controlled access of data dependent on membership/director level, ability to share Board meeting and AGM minutes to all members and ability for members to update their own basic data.
The help documents and associated articles were very helpful.
Our staff are not technical and found it easy to configure the web site and convert our existing data to the new database.

Cons

Every thing we wanted was included in the package. We did not need to make any modifications and really could not fault the software at all. As with most help/contact, one has to remember the time difference between the west coast and Wild Apricots service center which is in Ontario. As a result, trying to contact them after 2pm PST required us to wait until the following day for a response. Having said that, they did respond very quickly.....not that we had many questions at all.