18 946 reviews

Trello

Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

18 946 reviews
Maszni A.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Software to managing simple task and project

Reviewed on 2021/03/22

Our department really has a very good experience working with Trello and we think this is the best software to handling our daily repetitive task effectively.

Pros

Trello is the easiest and simplest project management software thus it is very suitable in managing a simple and basic project and task. The board card for the task can be labelled for its progress so i can track my task progress easily by visual. The ability to integrate it with other software like Google Drive help in sharing files in the software.

Cons

I don't really like the reminder as it constantly sending notifications to my email and it is very annoying and keeping my inbox full. Assigning task and project ownership is not as easy as it should be because when i am trying to tagging my colleague to the task, their name won't appear and need to use their nickname for their name to appear.

Aminuddin B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Helpful in keeping project in time frame

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

I have use it for almost 3 year and Trello has help me and my team to connect, communicate and collaborate on project more organized. The to-do list keep us with daily task that needed to be complete daily, and assigning certain task to specific user.

Pros

Planning and executing task or project using the Kanban board provided by Trello has improve our work process and effectiveness.

Cons

I have really enjoy using Trello as our project management and nothing major that i like least with this software.

Norzihan I.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Milestones tracking with Trello

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

Trello has help us planning and finishing project within the due date easily as I can track all the progress and getting work done within the time frame. Trello help increase my work productivity and get job done perfectly.

Pros

Milestones tracking when planning and deploying a project using Trello is easy and really helpful when managing our Project. I can set an anchor point when to review back on the project progress and extra resources needed and that helps us to have a smoother project workflows. Other feature that i like is the task card that can be duplicate and drag around.

Cons

There are problem with the connection with this software, sometimes i can't login to the software at all and keep showing error. I am trying to integrate it with Jira, but it seems can't synchronize with each other and no update from Jira showing in my Trello. Sending a tickets to the customer support doesn't fix nothing.

• Industry: Medical Devices

The Daily Task Tracking App

Reviewed on 2021/04/10

A great task management tool - without a doubt, the best free coordination App for the modern project manager.

Pros

The ease of adding a task/card to a board and quickly labelling it with a specific colour/code. This makes organising your tasks as easy as adding a note and choosing a colour! Having multiple boards means this sort of organisational structure can continue without losing a task.

Cons

The limited card mobility functions on the mobile App and the lack of automation features for sorting columns of tasks by label.

Curry M.
  • Industry: Media Production

Simplest project management software I've ever used

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

From business use to personal, moving files, storing attachments, making checklists, dialoguing with co-workers, and managing all projects in a visually pleasing style - Trello has it all, and it's much better than all of the competitors.

Pros

The seamless integration of features. It's so easy to switch between boards, clearly see all projects, and the timeline of all upcoming deadlines thanks to the wonderful (and rare) calendar feature. I wish I had that now! It makes creating something like a video production calendar very quick and easy to follow. The cards themselves are extremely customizable; checklists, attachments, comments, and more could not be easier to add and track. For someone visually oriented, this is an absolute must. Another great feature, there's a free version! Most other management softwares don't have that.

Cons

The archive feature is my main concern. I wish there was a better way of removing projects, other than "archiving" them. Sometimes I need to access these cards and there's not really a simple way to find them. Because of this, my workaround was to have a "completed" board that I would put all finished cards in. Annoying at first, but because the site is so great, I didn't mind after a while. I also wish you could color code things and create labels like in Monday.com.

Souhil S.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best List Making Application to Boost your Productivity and Save Time for Personal & Business...

Reviewed on 2020/10/17

Trello will be always my first choice, and I guess It's one of the Best List Making applications right now with amazing features and Integrations also, I love it when the Trello team is improving it always for us as users and when they give us new tips and tricks.
I have been using it for almost 10 months now and I never had big problems with it and that's why I keep using it daily for my projects, work, and plans. And I had a lot of success getting things done fast and I saved a lot of time because of Trello and I will always recommend it to my friends and family members.

Pros

It's a very helpful tool and I'm able to increase my productivity and track my work, plans, projects daily.
I really like it because they have a Free plan without paying anything and no credit card needed too.
It's one of the best tools right now to get things done and save time and do your "To-Do List" fast.
I can Invite my Virtual Assistant and create a team to help me get things done and they can follow all the tasks without any problem because the simple Boards, Cards, Lists are very organized.
I can create any number of cards I want, and I can create custom buttons that appear right on the back of every card.
I can schedule my work and handle my tasks to save time and to stay organized all the time.
I can change the board Background to any picture I like, for example, motivation background for more productivity.
I can favorite my boards to find them very easy, and I can search any board if I want in the search box.
In addition, I can see any closed boards and check them again one by one if I want.
I like also, the Automation Tips and how you can Turn your Trello boards into an automation machine with a few clicks by creating simple rules.
I can add some fun stuff to my Boards by adding some cool and funny Stickers and they offer the option to add some custom stickers too and I can add a Template for easy use.
Trello Support team is one of the best and they reply fast. also, inside the Trello website, you can find a lot of tips and step by step guide with examples too.

Cons

Sometimes It's very hard to see some cards because the Boards get bigger and bigger and they can add for example Horizontal pages, for example, page1/page2/page3...etc
They can add a better option to communicate between team members like live chat or other messaging options in Boards.
I don't like the "More from Atlassian" section in Trello because It's like they are promoting some tools and for me I don't really need them.
They can add more Templates to their Templates section.
When I allow desktop notifications sometimes, I don't get them in time, and sometimes I don't get them at all.
They can add more Types to the "Team Type" section in Invite > create team.
They can add more apps to Trello app Integrations, not just the popular apps on the internet.
I can't change the size of the stickers in the cards, and they don't have a lot of stickers.

Namita M.
  • Industry: Media Production

User Friendly and customizable Project Management application!

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

Adding users to the card, creating checklists, adding due date to not only to each card but to each sub-item is very handy. As the due date/time is close, there is a different color for you to easily understand your priority task. I liked that I could add and import checklists, copy cards, assign tasks to relevant users and once they are done, the cardmembers can be notified. You can easily archive cards as work is completed.

Moving and reorganizing card between boards and lists is very handy. You do not need big planning to work with this application, you can start anywhere and enhance/organize it the way you want. That will save you lots of rework!

This application is very convenient to work with contractors, they do not have to be on the organization Trello account, as long as they have a Trello account, you can work with them. You can add them to only cards they have a task assigned.

We also integrated this with Slack and it is very convenient to get a notification on the slack channel.

Pros

The application is designed by keeping Kanban methodology in mind. It is very simple and easy to use. Well designed for any level of technical and project management experience. I love how I can organize lists, cards, and boards. I also like the level of security I can set up for each user and board.

Trello is an inexpensive application. They offer freemium version as well. We used freemium in the beginning and as we grew, we upgraded to the paid version. Overall, I am very impressed with this project management application! You can organize your tasks well and communicate with the team by focusing on your priority and deadline.

Cons

This is by Atlassian software and I understand that JIRA is designed by keeping enterprise in mind, while this is more for small to mid-size businesses. So, it is not very convenient to manage sprints, etc for product development. You cannot use Trello for a large scale projects.

Otto R.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Get Organized!

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

This software has been our go to. We are able to track our multiple projects with ease, and navigate through things that would slip through the cracks otherwise using Trello. Highly recommended.

Pros

Trello is an excellent card based organization software that fit my company very well. I run an architecture company and with so many projects to run and keep track of having a website that shows all of the projects, and their status, as well as inviting clients to use to keep track of projects, is a necessity. Trello does this with ease, and the interface is easy to navigate and fall in love with. Similar software like basecamp may have more features, but the general ease of use of Trello we find to be much better.

Cons

The ability to search through the software is a bit daunting. Having everything critically organized is a must, and coming up with an organizational strategy that works for you is a must.

Jesse L.

Simple team task management - everything we need

Reviewed on 2020/06/01

Our experience has been great. We tried asana and Monday.com, which are both very good tools, but for our different use cases - team project management, content management board, idea board, etc - the simplicity of trello was what we needed and get the most benefit from.

Pros

Intuitive, straightforward interface is so easy to use. We can set up, share, move, collaborate on and complete tasks very quickly and efficiently. The background customizations are great as well. And the price can't be topped.

Cons

Nothing. We tried two others for extended periods of time that sold themselves as having more or better features, but we always came back to trello.

Reinard D.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

First to market, but not in first place

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

As a personal tool, I can confidently recommend Trello as the free tier provides plenty of room to manage your personal day-to-day tasks. As a professional task or project management platform, there are now better options out there, although there is a big dollop of personal preference involved in these types of software solutions.

Pros

Trello is a really good personal and professional task project manager. I've used it in both of these capacities and I must admit, it worked better for me in my personal life than professional. As a personal tool, the free tier is really generous and you'll be able to track, organise and manage daily tasks and projects around the house with ease. As a professional tool, it just didn't quite get there. While the onboarding was really easy and the team got into the swing of it pretty quickly, once we started to integrate into our workflow, there were some hiccups we just couldn't solve. Don't get me wrong, getting boards set up, people assigned to tasks and uploading supporting documents was easy. There are some nice additions like adding designs to boards to give the creative members of your team an outlet to personalise their spaces and the board and task setup results in a really robust and detailed view of what's in your pipeline. The app is a really good partner to the desktop version and let's you do everything from your phone that you could do on the web version, with a caveat here and there.

Cons

Once we got into the workflow part we started to realise the limitations of the software on our particular process. To elaborate, we were using the software to manage tasks such as creative output workflow, advertising schedules and external partner projects. Now this is going to be the personal preference part, it just didn't feel natural the way Trello organises these processes. Moving tasks from step-to-step and the way documents were handled within each task/board didn't fit naturally with how we ran high volume task flow. I think in the end, some team members became frustrated with the day-to-day method of manually updating task status and the lack of automation with regards to tasks hitting certain milestones.

Jeff K.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

The Best Team Project Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

The training video really helps jump-start you experience and the blogs are fantastic. I share them with the team all the time. I am trying to push all of the important administrative functions of my ministry to the Trello platform for simplicity's sake.

Pros

I have a staff of volunteers which means they all have fulltime jobs and work remotely when they work for the Church. Trello is the program that we use the most. It is versatile with all of its different functions and so user friendly. I appreciate the flexibility to integrate with other programs. It makes project management a breeze!

Cons

I have yet to discover something I do not like about Trello. Lowering the price is always a win but the present rate is competitive.

Laura P.
  • Industry: Photography

From sceptic to devotee!

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

I use Trello for a wide range of things in my business. Monthly tasks, Sales tracking, production of my YouTube channel, and on and on.

Pros

I was hearing things about Trello for a long time before I decided to take the plunge. When I did, I haven't looked back. Trello is, for me, where all of the moving parts of my business come together. It's the easiest way to delegate a clear set of tasks to virtual freelancers as well. If you want your business to grow faster without micro-management then this is absolutely the tool for you!

Cons

I have run into trello difficulties when starting some new tasks off in there. I would love some kind of clever template option that gives me alternative ways to use trello depending on what I want to track and manage. Sales funnels are very different to running the production of my YouTube Channel for instance. I've had to do some trial and error which took a bit of time up.

Sam D.

Collaboration tool that keeps people on track

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

One of the things that can be difficult when getting people to collaborate is keeping conversations distinct from each other. Someone will write an email with a few questions or different updates included, and everyone starts replying - some in reference to some of the points, and others to other ones. The benefit of using Trello is that you can keep conversations focused due to the board and card based approach. It's easy to follow the thread of what has been discussed and your reply is always in context and won't be confused with any other subject.

Pros

I liked the easy to understand layout, and the fact that you can easily move things around or relabel them if you need to. The ability to attach different media is good and the interface is nicely customisable. It's great how people from different organisations can easily collaborate. The things that are most active are the most visible in the interface, which is great for keeping your attention.

Cons

I found some of the default settings a little confusing and frustrating. For instance, if you add an image to a card, it's automatically set as the cover image (I couldn't see a way to switch this off). I think that once things get archived, they seem a little hard to revisit, but this is something you occasionally need to do to refer back. These are minor issues really though and I'm sure the interface will keep on improving.

Does it's job without all of the frills

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

I use Trello both for my individual work as well as department-wide requests. Trello allows me to hold co-workers accountable for submitting requests and maintaining a detailed change log, which often gets lost or can be difficult to backtrack when managing requests via email, chat tools, or in-person.

Pros

Trello is easy to use, requires little-to-no training or enablement, and just gets the job done. Though the add-ons available for a free account are rather minimal, I find that the additional features provided by premium accounts are often unnecessary and cause a lot of noise. When looking for a tool to maximize efficiency of ticket completion, I find less is more.

Cons

Very easy to accidentally delete information in a ticket without noticing, with no way to undo changes. The permissions available to restrict certain people from editing cards are limited, and would be very helpful when creating cards that are supposed to serve as templates, for example, which would ideally be locked and available for copying only.

Maryl F.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Trello is your team's organizational sandbox

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

We use Trello every day to give the company team-wide access to where we are in the pipeline of our projects. Any team member can be added to any board to see, add and edit cards. Trello has great integrations with other platforms we use such as Hubspot and Google suite. You can easily create a new card by sending to a specific email address which streamlines the flow of regular processing. We greatly appreciate the regular updates from the Trello team, they seem to be regularly updating the software and adding benefits to their already solid product.

Pros

Trello is easy to use, easy to customize and visually appealing. Their customer service and regular updates are impressive.

Cons

I personally have no drawback to this software, we have utilized this on our team for years, tried other software for the same systems and keep coming back to Trello.

Der S.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Trello, awesome for ToDo lists but in need of improvement

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

Trello is an ingenious site to create ToDO lists. I know a few companies that use Trello and I do.
I use Trello to create ToDo lists for the completion of my computer game. So current problems are listed there and colored whether the problem still exists or has been fixed.
When I have new ideas, I create a Trello map.
So I have my ideas, important things and problems directly in one place.
I have tested a CMS for my webserver that works similar to Trello. However, it has always turned out that Trello is the better choice.

Pros

There are some positive things, but also some that bother me. One of the positive features of Trello is that it is absolutely free. I can use it without any costs and have all my information in one place. Trello's smartphone app helps me stay up to date and add new ideas even when I'm on the go. The website is quickly loaded even if the internet is not so good and you can access everything quickly and easily.

Cons

What really bothers me about using Trello is that you can only create these vertical boxes and then always add new lists to the right. In the beginning that's ok, but with larger collections of ideas, problems or todo-things in general, the board quickly becomes confusing.
With my current board I have to scroll 10 minutes to the right (Of course that's a bit exaggerated, but you know what I mean, don't you?) to get to my other lists. In any case, I hope for a better user interface that is clearer and makes it easier to work with a team on the board.

Rob B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Trello - Organize your tasks for better life

Reviewed on 2019/11/17

I have been using it for personal purposes. I just found the app and decide to try it. Because of our energetic and dynamic days, there is a strong need to stay focused and organized, I think that app is very good for doing this. It helps you stay organized, always know what exactly you need to do at the moment, schedule your time and stay healthy mind because you do not need to remember all the things in your head and you can focus on your daily tasks.
I pretty recommend this app for every purpose. I think everyone can find himself or herself here because it can save a lot of time, nerves and not finished on-time job.
I think it is a very powerful and useful 2019s app for better everyday life.

Pros

This software has multiple features to like. Some of them are:
1. It helps you to organize all your tasks - from your home needs, vacations, what to buy for eating, to your business needs and office tasks.
2. You can share your projects with your family, team or friends - For example, you will no longer forget to say to your partner what to do instead of you at home - just share your common tasks and everything is ready.
3. You can easily create categories - like TO DO, IN PROGRESS, IDEAS and whatever you like. With this feature you always will see exactly what you want - for example you will always see only what you need to do and nothing else unnecessary.
4. You can add to your tasks images, due dates, attachments. You can share a task with specific people only. You can create checklists which I think are very powerful for one task because you just check everything you have done.
5. There are different design templates that help you organize different tasks for different spheres of life - like Home tasks, Business tasks, Study tasks.
6. The design is super pretty and eye-catching and for me, it is a pleasure to work with that kind of beautiful app.
7. You can synchronize your projects and tasks between your devices - PCs, laptops, phones, and tablets. I think this is useful because let's say you can write down all your tasks for the week on the PC on Sunday and then just check them on your phone throughout the entire week.

Cons

Till my using, I didn't find any inconvenience working with the app. I think that the app is very intuitive, easy to use and powerful for all your needs.
Of course, if you need it for strong purposes, you need to pay a bit for it, but I think the pricing is very good for all the powerful features the app supports.

Lisa C.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Amazing software!

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

Excellent. Most people I know who have started using this software, myself included, quickly find that it is very useful in improving productivity and reducing stress. After using it for work I liked it so much that I now use it regularly in my personal life as well.

Pros

The learning curve is very small. The visual style is super helpful in managing projects. The amount of added features is vast and growing all the time. It feels very lightweight and easy/quick to navigate across multiple platforms and devices.

Cons

Would like to have swim lanes be an option. The recently updated reminder feature is nice, but I would like fully-customizable reminder options. Would be great to have a feature where if you mark a task as complete it can automatically be moved to a "Completed" column.

Kathleen C.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Easy and Effective Project Management

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

When I travel and I have on-going projects in the office, Trello makes it easier for me to be aware of progress or problems. I get notifications on my phone when a team members adds to a project or task -- I can easily check it out and not get bogged down in an endless email trail!

Overall, IO really enjoy using Trello and recommend it often. There are a lot of uses in addition to project management. I have a board for collecting and organizing recipes! So I use Trello for both work and personal use.

Pros

I use Trello to manage projects in a very busy marketing office. The ability to easily assign tasks, see progress and have all of this shared by a group is tremendously helpful. The simplicity of the user interface is great, along with the playfulness of the app -- from helpful hints from Taco to the "wiggle" of moving a task from In Progress to Done! And, of course this is all available on desktop and mobile devices. Two other handy features I use frequently are: creating a a card from a webpage via a bookmark and the "send to" on by mobile devices.

Cons

Because the software is so easy to use, I had the tendency to create a too many Boards and suddenly it was taking more time to organize all the various boards and lists I had created. But, taking a breath and thinking a bit more BEFORE setting up a project, made everything fall back into an orderly layout!

Handel H.

Incredibly useful task planner

Reviewed on 2019/07/28

Overall since implementing, the entire team has grown in efficiency of task planning. We are getting more accomplished with this program. We are all very happy with its use despite the drawbacks listed.

Pros

The "card" system is innovative and highly efficient. The ability to see all your tasks allows you to prioritize and organize what to accomplish. Overall runs smoothly with a very clean user interface. It is easy to use and requires little to no training. Tasks can be assigned to multiple people, and can be checked off as "completed" by whomever - making tracking and rewards a breeze. The calendar plugin is very helpful. The use of plugins is incredibly useful as well.

Cons

There are several lacking features. There is no ability to set a time-stamp on a project, (how long it will take) outside of using the calendar feature. You cannot assign an approximate time to complete a project. Also there is no messaging function, only "comments". This is very limiting. Also, there is no way to divide cards and tasks under a single person. A single person will only have all their tasks in a big pool, color labels help but do not break it up making it easy to read. When a card is archived, who knows where it goes, it vanishes really. no ability to delete cards.

Daniel P.

Trello - how to better organize your live and team

Reviewed on 2019/04/20

I love Trello and any tool that saves time. Trello helped my team to collaborate effectively and I am fully satisfied with its features. I use it even for personal projects and it helped me to better organize my entire work.

Pros

I have been using Trello for a year. My current status - if it isn't on a Trello board, it doesn't matter! Trello is a great team management tool that considerably streamlines the work within an agency. However, I use it even for personal projects - yeah, I keep track of my fitness stats on Trello.
What did I like the most about this software? First of all, the onboarding process is simple even if Trello is a complex tool. I signed up for an account, I spent a few minutes to familiarize with boards and lists, and I started to work with my team. Congrats to the designers that created such a user-friendly interface.
Second, Trello is my favorite tool because I can perfectly collaborate with my team. The manager assigns tasks in my list, my colleagues add contributions via cards and I set up the deadline and start working on the project. No more annoying emails, no more useless Skype calls and the work of our team is perfectly synced.
Third, Trello helped me to better organize my personal stuff. For instance, a blogger shared his AI Trello board. I save much time by using that board; indeed it was the effort of that person, but Trello allowed sharing his outstanding work. I keep track of my fitness progress with Trello and I developed a solid plan for a new personal project - an AI blog. Wrapping up, everything is simple to organize with Trello.

Cons

Nope. I have tried for almost 10 minutes to remember something that I didn't like about Trello and I don't have any cons.

Jonny C.

Hassle-free organisational tool that makes a hectic life that little bit easier to manage.

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Organises my life currently. The amount of times an idea would come into my head or a task I needed to do would get lost was frustrating, but now I just pile everything into Trello.

It allows me to focus on one task without having to be thinking about keeping track of everything else. The efficiency of actually doing tasks when using Trello to break them down is also noticeably up, both in terms of production and motivation.

Overall, both personally and professionally this has made my life more efficient and increased my motivation to complete personal goals.

Pros

Very easy to use. Simple design that is quick to learn and fun to use. The drag and drop functionality means you can move your tasks and columns around instantly which makes it stress free to use as nothing can really go wrong.

There are quite a few feature packed into the free version, such as checklists, attachments, customisable themes etc. The standard features you'd expect of due dates, alerts, sub tasks, user assignment, colour coding are all here too.

The best thing about this is how quickly you can load the site, quickly throw a task into a pile of "to-do" notes and then move on. It makes it so much easier to organise and track the smaller ideas or tasks alongside the big projects.

You can also get the App which is free and allows you to organise on the move.

Cons

Whilst the simplicity of the design is a plus, the actual aesthetics are a bit outdated. I feel this could benefit from a more modern theme, possibly flat tiles, although this doesn't hinder the functionality.

The graphics to display completion levels of projects could be improved for checklists. Currently just a 3/5 e.g system. Some in-depth statistics are lacking. It would be great to see productivity month on month and other data about the tasks on the board such as overall progress or an ability to add values.

Trello offers many important PM & collaboration benefits.

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

As a project manager and member of other companies, Trello helped me to manage all my works through all the companies and also my university life, giving me ways to discuss projects and tasks in a transparent way and in real-time. It keeps everybody informed through task assignments, activity log, and email notifications. Members can easily be added to a board where they are free to vote on ideas contained in the cards.

Pros

Lists can be fully customized, and collaboration takes place in real time. Trello's notification system instantly informs you whenever something important happens. You'll get notifications inside the app, and via email, browser, and mobile push. Notifications stay in sync across all your devices.
If you have a lot of boards and people in Trello, you can use teams to keep everyone connected. Teams are groups of people and boards, like your company, family, or roommates. You can create as many teams as you wish with your free account. You can create as many boards, cards, and teams as you wish and add as many people as needed. You can choose to make any number of teams or boards public or private. Trello works fast in real-time. When somebody moves a card, it instantly moves on your board, no matter what device you use. You can keep your tab open all day and never have to refresh.

Cons

Can't write documents or wiki about boards, only simple description. Cards/tasks are limited to only one Board/Project. Limited email integration. Limited number of Labels. Difficult to work with multiple cards or tasks in the UI, like for moving, copy/paste and such. Keyboard shortcuts and keyboard productivity usage is limited.

Edo M.
  • Industry: Building Materials

TRELLO- a fantastic colaborative solution for small teams

Reviewed on 2017/04/16

Last year I had a opportunity to start a small project in development and production of new carbon based products. Fantastic stuff, international cooperation and my role was to organize R&D.

After project started restrictions camed: low/no budget for anything outside "pure" R&D and coordination/reporting activities between R&D team - other members (national and international). Ok, we can live with that but it have to be solved in some way.

So I started to look for some team/project based solution, and after just one googling TRELLO came to the top. As a first, I was sceptic to some on-line solution (if they are not in-company solution) but after half hour working on mock project I understood all the benefits of this, new concept to me, boards.

And they are excellent. Easy to create, customize, define personal protocols, define team/sharing, history, hyperlinks,... fantastic.

Concept is simple, "old school", can be done (as it was before) with papers/documents but as on-line is unbeatable. First thing to do is to start a board. In it You can insert lists, and in lists there are cards.

Boards is group of lists, and list is group of cards. Usually lists are steps in some process, and cards are all activities that are planed. As You finish some step You just drag needed card from one to other list/step.

List can be edited and defined in several ways: members, labels, checklist (my favorite) or adding attachments (photos or links). History (called activities) is visible on te bottom so is simple to see when and who did changes in the lists.
Interesting options is to "subscribe" on the list so You get informed when new activities on the list happens.

Another thing to mention are add-ons that are not so needed but change /personalize Your work with TRELLO (for example: to include gant diagrams in lists).

Implementation was simple and easy and it helped as a lot regarding our communication and cooperation. It is one of best on-line solutions that I use averyday.

Pros

Simple old concept is redesigned to a new and modern concept. Simplicity, design, user-friendly concept,....
When I use it for my personal projects then is very usefull.
When we use it, as international team, then is important part of our job.
Simple to use, easy to learn, everything is fantastic.
There is a limits of 10 Mb for a free version. This can be solved with links to other clouds so it+s not really a problem.

Cons

Sometimes it's necessary to use external programs for some simple stuff. I would like to see more cooperation/conectivity between on-line platforms that I use.
Also, add-ons can solve some of this problems but it's not same thing.

Robert R.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Super easy to use and visualize your projects

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

It has been super easy to set up, integrate and most importantly get our users to USE it! It's a very straight forward system so there is very little training needed for end users. We will continue to use it well into the future I'm sure.

Pros

We used to use Asana but the interface made it hard for users to adopt. After switching to trello we had 100% adoption rate. There are a ton of add on features and it integrates easily with other systems out there. The visual card approach makes viewing and managing projects really easy.

Cons

It is kind of pricey for what it is when you have a lot of users. But it is well worth it if you have many teams working on multiple projects at a time.