Trello

4.5 (23,180)
Write a Review!
Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

(23,180)

Brian
Brian

Trello is Perfect for a Single User Who Likes Kanban

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

I've been using Trello since 2015 (it's almost 2021) and I plan to continue using it every day. I have dropped it occasionally for other project management tools (JIRA, Asana--both because of clients) but I came back because I need something very simple for my client work.

I wake up every day and pop open my calendar and Trello to see what's on the agenda. I also check it in between almost every work session or meeting. I move cards around as they get done or re-prioritized and try to focus only on the tasks I need do each day.

My work output is measured on the outcomes I get for my clients and how much I can accelerate their learning while working together. I just need a tool to get out of the way of my work and Trello does that really well. Highly recommend for a single consultant or freelancer. I can see this working well for small teams that work in semi-formal sprints and need to collaborate too.

Pros

Simplicity. Trello uses a very simple hierarchy to organize tasks. You can have 1+ boards and each board can have vertical lists that contain your cards. I use it to organize my tasks into these lists: "To Do Today", "To Do This Week", "Done", "Backlog", and "Blocked". With very little maintenance throughout the week and then at the beginning of every week, I can easily see the roadmap for the week.

Major plus is the addition of labels. I only work with 3 - 6 clients at one time. Instead of having several boards and having to click through each one to manage tasks, I have them on the same board and tagged with different colored labels. Since I will have 10 - 20 tasks in a week, this makes it easy to see that all my client projects are making progress.

All in all, I need simple task management across a few projects and this is better than other software that I use for that. I actively use Asana on a specific project and have used JIRA extensively but I still prefer this for my consulting work.

Lastly, getting one free power up on the free plan is nice. I use the recurring tasks power up and have 5-10 recurring tasks (monthly for payroll, weekly for recurring meetings).

Cons

The search function and the reporting are the weak points.

In particular, the search function makes it very hard to find information. I think if you have a robust team or use your project management tool as a way to look back at past solutions, you may find this lacking. I keep most of my notes in G Docs because of this so this isn't an issue very often. I probably run into this 1-2x/month.

Reporting isn't part of Trello from what I can tell. I don't need super robust reporting but I did start using a process where it would be nice to get an export. I ended up upgrading to the basic paid plan to do that but I didn't find it useful enough to continue paying for.

Related, you only get one free power up. I think this is acceptable amount since...it's free. But I rarely look into the other power ups since I know I need the recurring one. I did see that they have a Trello Gold plan for $5/month which gives you 3 power ups. That seems worth it as a single user (although I won't revisit needing to upgrade until I revisit my processes at the turn of the year).

Jira , Basecamp and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Trello

I like them all for different reasons. For an independent consultant, they all had too much overhead involved.
mbuso
mbuso

Trello is the epitome of a user-friendly tool for managing your projects.

Reviewed on 2024/03/21

Overally, I highly regard Trello for its intuitive interface, flexible functionality and robust collaboration features. More, so its ease of use, accessibility and effectiveness in enhancing productivity and teamwork makes it a product I would readily recommend to anyone who needs to get started

Pros

Promotes teamwork through its collaboration tools and it is mostly free. Additionally, its Kanban boards can be employed as a receptacle for many people's responsibilities, allowing you to view every action they complete on just one board.

Cons

The free version is somewhat limited however it can be upgraded. Also even the upgraded version has some limitations in dealing with advanced automated tasks that I handle

Christian

Simplifying Complex Projects

Reviewed on 2024/05/23

Pros

The ability to create boards for different projects, and within those boards, to have lists and cards, makes organizing tasks incredibly straightforward.

Cons

Its limitations in the free version, especially for larger teams. The restrictions on boards, cards, and attachments can be frustrating when managing complex projects without upgrading to a paid plan.

Chaya
Chaya

Trello - Managing projects sophisticatedly

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Trello is becoming one of the most popular project management tools with its facilities like file uploading , adding due dates, color labels . Also Trello can be used with many devices like phones , computers or tablets. These facilities have attracted the users and it has become more popular among the users.

Pros

Trello is a one of the most popular web based project management tool used in these days. Because of its attractive visual and high adaptability it has become more and more popular. Through Trello people wo are scattered on different geographical areas yet working on the same project can get together and continue their work without any obstacles. The application provides the ability to transfer files among the team members and users can put cards to mark the work to do. Also each card is assigned a color label according to the priority of each task. Because of the colored label facility users may not miss dead lines. When a card is created user is given a chance to add due date . When the time is close color of the card turns in to yellow and once the date is passed it will automatically turn in to red. This method helps the user not to miss the dead lines. Also Trello can be used on many platforms like computers , tablets and even on the phones.

Cons

In order to use Trello users need to have a proper internet connection. Without a proper network connection users cannot use the application. Trello is more suitable for simple projects with in a small scale. It is not suitable for big projects with many teams . Users can only upload files up to 10MB for each attachment. Files bigger than 10MB cannot be upload if you are a basic member. Only business class and gold members can attach files up to 250MB.

Heather

I Just Keep Coming Back to Trello

Reviewed on 2024/03/06

I have used Trello on and off for roughly 10 years now and at multiple companies. Occasionally, I'll try a different platform because some aspect of it appeals to me (like easily toggling between cards, lists, and gantt views like some platforms), but I always wind up coming back to Trello because it's the best way for me to track multiple projects and a global team. It's so robust at even the free level and setup is so much simpler than other platforms. I've gotten to where I even have a "workspace" for my personal life so I don't drop any balls there, either.

Pros

I love how easy Trello is to set up and how robust it is even at the free level. Editing and creating cards from templates is much simpler in Trello than in other platforms and I spend less time on project management than I did before we made the switch. It was intuitive for my team to learn and we've had fewer things slipping through the cracks since we switched.

Cons

I do wish I was easily able to see projects a different way in Trello. There's probably a way to do it that I haven't found, but if it exists, it's not as simple as other platforms.

Isabel

Great tool for small teams

Reviewed on 2024/05/30

It is a great tool for organizing your day, especially managing multiple projects and tasks. It is quite inexpensive and way better than keeping random documents and checklists.

Pros

It is easy to use and to set up, and great for small teams and startups. It is flexible so it can go beyond task management. I like setting up everything with my preferences, colors, and notifications.

Cons

Calendar management and Gantt charts are not its forté. I would limit the use to task management, and project management, but would recommend staying away from anything close to dates and calendars. There are better tools for that.

Zachary
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Good For Managing Workflow

Reviewed on 2024/05/30

Pros

Overall easy to use and gives a good visual representation of project workflow.

Cons

Has a lot of features hidden behind paywalls so it can be confusing to expand it to do what you need it to do.

Andy

Good Kanban software worth trying

Reviewed on 2024/06/04

Pros

Trello did a great job of making Kanban boards popular. Early versions of it were very easy to use and they have a good range of templates.

Cons

In my view Trello suffered the same problem as other bits of software which is they come up with a great first version of it then they constantly add new features which makes the UI more bloated.

Aman
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easiest Project management tool available in the market

Reviewed on 2024/05/07

Pros

As I mentioned Trello is the easiest PM tool, very user friendly

Cons

Limited features, and tracking options in the board and other views

Get Organized with Trello

Reviewed on 2024/06/10

Pros

Trello offers an affordable and easy to navigate project management platform.

Cons

The layout is not intuitive or streamlined.

Lisa
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Amazing software!

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

Excellent. Most people I know who have started using this software, myself included, quickly find that it is very useful in improving productivity and reducing stress. After using it for work I liked it so much that I now use it regularly in my personal life as well.

Pros

The learning curve is very small. The visual style is super helpful in managing projects. The amount of added features is vast and growing all the time. It feels very lightweight and easy/quick to navigate across multiple platforms and devices.

Cons

Would like to have swim lanes be an option. The recently updated reminder feature is nice, but I would like fully-customizable reminder options. Would be great to have a feature where if you mark a task as complete it can automatically be moved to a "Completed" column.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Evernote was getting too bulky, lacked the visual component that Trello offers.

Evernote Teams

Price and ease of use.
Vanessa

I LOVE TRELLO!!!! It will change your life.

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Best organizational tool out there! Highly recommend for home and work use. The possibilities are endless.

Pros

Everything!!! The customization, the integrations, the data it can sort/ share, team collaboration, organizational flows (for personal and work related items). Trello has change my life and my clients lives. I manage real estate listings and transactions for clients in here and they can see everything I do. They know exactly where they are in the listing or transaction process and we can easily communicate with each other. It is also very helpful for storing data and tracking workflow.

On a personal level, I love it for keeping track of grocery lists, sale items, projects, health insurance issues. All of the above. I am a new mom and put questions for my daughter predication in Trello and pull out the list at each appointment. I love that it can be used on a desktop or mobile device and so easily.

I also love that it is FREE for up to 10 users and had thousands of integrations with other programs and apps. It is great tool for small businesses!

Cons

The downside it you have to share whole boards, not just specific cards. It would be the end all be all if they could build in this feature. It has been my greatest struggle with my business model.

Jeremiah
Jeremiah

The simplest project management tool I've ever used

Reviewed on 2020/02/16

Trello is incredible. For a small, agile, team trying to manage the day-to-day operations, it's perfect. If you're looking for something to manage organizations in the hundreds or thousands, or something with sophisticated reporting, I'd look at other options.

Pros

Trello is dead simple. It takes about 30 seconds to signup and start using it for task management, and another 15 minutes to start understanding how to do some more sophisticated tasks with the tool.

It's also extremely easy to use for collaboration. Because of the easy signup it's better than most tools for bringing in other team members and easily working them into the everyday flow of the software.

I also love that it's free for the basic tools. We have a team of 12 people who use it on a daily basis and have never had to pay for usage. That said, if we wanted to use it with other teams we'd likely need to pay, but it's still substantially less expensive than the alternatives.

With Trello it's really easy to manage multiple boards which is super handy because I can manage both personal and business tasks from the same website, without needing to switch logins.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about Trello when used for smaller teams/organizations.

The core features are definitely a bit limited compared to other top project management tools, but there's a lot of really solid additions on paid plans that help level it up.

It probably wouldn't be my choice for project management in an organization of hundreds, but for our purposes it works extremely well.

Jira , Basecamp and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Jira was too complex for what we needed.

Jira

Reasons for Switching to Trello

We wanted something simple, and easy to setup.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

My go-to for team and project management

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

I have used Trello for years for personal, academic and professional use. I mostly use it for professional PM for clients and projects and for my NASA L'SPACE work. Use solo or with a team.

Pros

It really helps me organize information, tasks and really all aspects of a project. I've used it for years and it just gets better with the add-ons. I use it for professional project management and with my special projects with NASA's L'SPACE program. I use Trello with a premium add-on called PlanWay that adds additional project management tools like Ganntt charting and it makes task assignments and ownership easier for team based projects.

Cons

When I first began to use it years ago I jumped in and didn't really both to learn how to use it. If you don't have a method to organize the lists and cards it can get messy and overwhelming. What I learned to do was take a little time to read tutorials and watch some Trello YouTube videos and it helped me organize my information better. That's my advice to new users. Otherwise I have no complaints I love it.

Slack

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Slack and Trello are similar in many ways for simalar purposes but as a more visual person I prefer Trello. I'm also a kinetic learner so prior I just went old school and used whiteboards and post it notes to do projects. I still do in some instances but Trello has definitely filled that need, Slack just didn't really visually appeal as much for me personally but it's just as good as Trello I think.

Slack
Jr.
  • Industry: Sports

Helpful for Small Projects, Hard to Scale

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Trello has been very helpful for small teams projects and personal projects. It can be very quick for one to learn the basics, set-up and and collaborate with on a basic level. One needs to be mindful that Trello is harder to scale compared to JIRA, but much easier to gett started on.

Trello has a free option that is worth trying to see if it will help your organization stay on top of projects and tasks, and is a more feature rich, online version of a sticky note board on a white board.

Trello constantly has updated that make the proiduct more feature rich, and the new feature help with efficenceny and effectivenesss.

Pros

Trello is very easy to get initialized and running for a small teams or projects, or to organize personal work. It makes it easy to take a list of tasks to do and put them in an organized manner to allow for collaboration and consistency, it is ideal for small teams and projects and is quicker to learn and initialize, when compared to JIRA. The user-friendly UX on the web and mobile is nice for new and experienced users. Trello is a nice alternative to Asana, and can be used as a substitute.

Cons

I found that Trello is much harder to scale for big teams and projects. It does not seem as efficient of effective when managing bigger teams of developers working on multiple separate projects when compared to JIRA. Trello can be hard to maintain a sense of control for a project when there is a lot of moving parts. When trying to become an advanced Trello user, I found it took some time to get used to the product, and learn effecicent ways of using the product; it seems that there is no perfect way to use Trello.

Notion

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Easier to be under the Altassian family of products, though Asana was very good as well.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Easier to learn, Altassian product relaiiblity.
Andrew

Trello Review

Reviewed on 2021/01/31

Overall, my experience with Trello has been great. The system does take a little time to adjust to, simply because it is a new form of to-do lists and project managements that many people are unfamiliar with. However, that initial learner's curve is not too steep and learning the ins-and-outs is painless and easy to implement across teams. Rather than working across multiple channels like Slack, Salesforce, and Outlook, Trello helps consolidate all of these communications in one place to raise issues in a timely manner, manage task loads, and collaborate more efficiently and effectively.

Pros

Trello's project management is a bit unorthodox at first (at least for me and my team), but after getting familiar with the Kanban boards, the system seriously changes the way I view to-do lists and how they can be optimized for more efficient workflows. Trello makes it easy to manage tasks amongst team members, assign duties, and to track against milestones. Rather than wasting time every week in meetings to get updates from the team, Trello seamlessly tracks everyone's completed tasks, raises issues instantly, and makes tracking milestones extremely simple. Easily the best project management software I have worked with and is a serious game-changer for project management.

Cons

While Trello is an incredible tool, I wish there was some more functionality and features to enhance the core product even more. I work on multiple projects at once across multiple teams, which involves a lot of switching back-and-forth between boards and tasks. I would love if Trello was able to consolidate all of the tasks across one's various boards to provide an overview of tasks and their due dates as well as issues across the different teams. An all-in-one dashboard would make the system even more adaptable and easier to implement across more teams and could even replace systems like Salesforce for our organization in regards to project management.

Jakob
Jakob
  • Industry: Sports

Simple but gets the job done

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

I am pleased with using Trello. Being able to track various projects and manage information individually.
The free tier works well for almost everything, which is great for the average user, and a bummer for Trello's bottom line. If you are working with a team or need to share information with others, Asana is probably a better choice.

Pros

Base product of organizing information in to kanban boards works great. Trello is reliable, and rarely crashes. It is easy to get information in to different boards and track various states using the kanban approach to information.

Cons

Trello's simplicity is also a limiting factor. You need to start bolting on various power ups or 3rd party integrations to transform the application to a power user state. While some power ups work well, others are very buggy.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Needed the ability to categorize information and ideas in ways that a traditional spreadsheet fell short.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Trello

I use Trello primarily for my projects and planning. Asana works well, but is entirely geared towards working for teams.
Victor

The original management tool

Reviewed on 2021/03/06

Highly recommended must-have tool for every developer and project manager. Working with Trello can't be easier and is the natural first step for every idea and project. While you might outgrow Trello one day there is no easier way than Trello to get started. The perfect tool for starters to learn kanban style management too!

Pros

Trello has been around for a long time and is still to date one of the best tools available. It is one of the first kan-ban tools and still remains true to their identity by providing that and only that. The simplicity and instant usability are unmatched by any other software. Just write down your ideas, organize them and start working. The management and tracking are a breeze. Anytime I start something new and want to get started quickly Trello is my go-to tool. Everything is self-explanatory and streamlined. The interface is very clean and streamlined. All you have to focus on is what you want to accomplish.

Cons

Having the easiest accessible software also comes with some limitations. When it comes down to it Trello is a kanban board. It is the best at what it does and doesn't strive to do what it doesn't. So if your project develops into something bigger there will inevitably be a day when you have to find a more complete solution for team, task, and project management. Power-ups might help you stay a little longer but eventually, you might outgrow that too. However that doesn't mean leaving Trello for good, it means moving this specific project. Trello will still be ready to help you get started with your next project.

Todoist and Microsoft To Do

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello is better for planning. I still use other list software for tasks that has two states: To do and Done but if your tasks have to progress through a multi-stage workflow then Trello is the obvious choice.
Dylan
Dylan
  • Industry: Printing

The only task management tool that has ever stuck with our team

Reviewed on 2022/08/04

We have been happily using Trello for years. We use the free version (with occasional upgrades) and it's powerful enough to do exactly what we want. Without Trello I think we would get far less done!

Pros

We have a remotely dispersed team, and users at all levels of familiarity/interest in software tools. Trello is the only tool that has ever stuck and that our users have continued to use without constant prodding. It's simple enough to look like a structured wall of post-it notes for users who want that, but has enough granular controls that other users can label/colour-code/due-date to their heart's content. The UI is very well structured and both sets of users can happily co-exist. It also allows easy colloboration with our external development team.

Cons

Sometimes I feel during busy periods that I lose track of individual updates (due to the sheer volume). I end up having to go board by board and card by card to ensure I don't miss something. Having a better system to watch certain cards/lists would help filter this.

Lisa

A great asset for our group

Reviewed on 2022/09/08

For simple checklists and projects it's been great. And now that the automations are all set up, and I have to commend the trailer support team for helping us we really appreciate it, everything runs perfectly. It's easy to adjust once you remember how to work the automations, and easy to change any of the individual checklists. We probably still only use a small percentage of what the program can do. It's probably even better than I know!

Pros

One of the best things about Trello is also one of the most complex things and that is the automations. Once you have all the automation set up, it's a beautiful thing, however setting them up is an absolute drag. Like I say though, once it's done, it is seamless. I love it. Otherwise the software is extremely easy to use, the checklists are easy to make, the workflow is easy to follow and it's so easy for different people to know what their tasks are and easy for them to complete them and Mark them done. Very happy that we gave Trello a try. For most users the free version is probably enough so it's great value also!

Cons

Everything is great except setting up those automations. It's just so complicated. Maybe for someone very advanced in computers it would be easy, however I can't even imagine it. I'm a fairly advanced user however this was very difficult.

monday CRM

Reasons for Switching to Trello

The free trial of Monday and it was so incredibly complicated I gave up. Trello and itself is complicated enough, I didn't need it to be more so. Plus Monday was more expensive.
Houyamne
Houyamne

"A task-steppa that faciliates team communication and fascinates teamwork collaboration"

Reviewed on 2023/07/18

Trello helps us to interact on team projects easily.

Trello helps us to interact on team projects easily.

Pros

Above all, Trello helps our team to smooth work and collaborate easily. It's the ultimate gear for our productivity shuffle.It offers affordable subscription plans among which there is a free one and it supports 100s of our most-used integrations.From project ideation to strategic planning processes, Trello makes it possible to accurately implement them. It lines up with our team's goals and provides a simple and fun work environment.We create branded boards, cards, and custom lists for all our projects and easily grant different access roles to every single member of our team. There is no other definition of fun, Trello is always our to-go team communication software

Cons

Personally, I think Trello is great already and maybe I haven't experimented with any drawbacks yet, but should there be any room or aspect that needs improvement, I will share.

Joseric
Joseric
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Trello for Work and Private stuff

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Trello will highly improve your productivity for both your office work and personal life. It did to me. You can organize action items (or just about everything any list can do) in a fun and colorful platform. Try it by starting with the basic Trello (free) which is fantastic in itself and might be even more than enough for basic needs.

Pros

I love Trello boards! Ever since I was introduced by my manager to the concept of Kanban boards and Trello, I have loved this app for use in the office (required for my team) as well as for my personal productivity (i.e., my private life).

We started using Trello when it was just a simple Web app (used only via the web browser), now I love it even more since they already created an installable version for my devices both Mac (office work) and Windows (personal pc) as well as an Android version (mobile phone). Now I can access my boards anywhere I go.

Also, the recent addition of the Home page sort of Wall (like facebook) made it easier to have a rundown of the cards/boards that were recently updated or nearing its due date. This is very useful when you already have multiple (or tons of) boards.

Notifications are fantastic! I get reminded via email when a card is due, or whenever a team member makes an update.

One more thing I love about this is that you can share boards in public/private/teams. This makes collaboration with external stakeholders possible (or simply just wanting to share a board to the entire internet population).

Cons

The Free version does not allow you to extract all your boards into a spreadsheet format (e.g., excel). Anyway, I was able to try it out (before subscribing) via a Powerup I got for free. I'm not sure about the logic of having to "Archive" a card first before being able to "Delete" it. Maybe there is a reason, but sometimes I would just like to delete a card straight away.

Melissa
Melissa
  • Industry: Design

You Need this in your Life

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

I've been using Trello personally for 4 years, and in my biz for just over 2 years.
I keep track of...

I keep track of all the tutorials I've found useful (great if I need to do something 5 months later and am not sure what I did the first time), software I'd like to try, as well as keep lists of various software options that essentially solve the same problem. So it's helped me keep track of newer software that I'd like to test out - very useful for my business.

Pros

I love that there is minimal learning curve when starting to use the software. You can use Trello to plan holidays, parties, a wedding, as well as keep your business/work life organised - in other words, the software is so flexible, and can suit almost any use case which involves keeping "bits and pieces" of information together.

Very valuable addition to this software are the power-ups. These are basically connection abilities with other software that you are probably already using (eg, dropbox, google drive, slack, your CRM and customer support systems). This means that you can use Trello as the hub for many business activities, invite your whole team to a project board, and nobody will waste time looking for scraps of paper that they scribbled an idea on during a meeting.

One of my favourite uses of the software is to create a board that documents systems and processes that you follow in your business, and that way, all your standard operating procedures are in one place. This gives you scope to scale your biz, and makes training a new person much easier.

Also great for keeping track of all the ideas you have for personal projects, shopping lists, wishlists, bucket lists.

This software saves hours and keeps you organised.

Cons

I don't have any cons to write about. There are definitely days where I wish more power-ups could be added to boards, and that there wasn't a limit, but I do understand why there are limits - both for focus (you don't want to have more than a few power-ups per board anyway, otherwise things can really become overwhelming) and for software capabilities (integrating more than a few things together at a time can be risky and unstable).

Anton
Anton

Simple Boards for Simple Project Management

Reviewed on 2021/11/06

I think that the Trello is a very useful tool to manage small and mid-size projects (or parts of big projects, like a board for a development team or boards for a specific team (not all-in-one). I have used Trello for 5 years now and what keeps me still using it - it's because it's the most simple task management software ever created and most of it is free. So why do You need something else (only if You're not looking for something more sophisticated)?

Pros

Trello is very "easy" in many ways and it's the best feature:
- it's easy to use - You don't need any training to start managing tasks and projects in Trello;
- it's easy to set up - just 4-5 minutes and You're ready to go (if You use a template provided by the Trello team - You'll need no more than 1 minute);
- you don't need additional software - all works in web-browsers even on mobile phones (although there are native apps for iOS and android);
- you can easily use it every day for stand-ups, workshops, etc because You see all the relevant information and can update tasks in real-time;
- there are many power-ups (some free, some not) that can make your Task management more reach, bring more context or useful tools from which You can benefit.

Cons

It's not for complex projects (like with Gantt charts and long lists of dependent tasks) as You definitely will lose the focus on Your board with huge amounts of tasks. It's best to keep it simple - that's where the efficiency thrives. Also, as Trello relies on Your vision of task/project management, sometimes You can find yourself overcomplicating stuff...

Dawie

Visually appealing solution - Used as a personal productivity management tool and as a shared...

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

Team collaboration on boards is easy.
It is an extremely intuitive application. If you expect a...

Team collaboration on boards is easy.
It is an extremely intuitive application. If you expect a setting or program instruction to be found at a specific place, the chance is good that it is there.

The third party integrations through Trello's Powerups functionality, makes it possible to develop a customized Trello solution that is very powerful. But, that means that a user, or a company, would need to create an account with each of the third party solutions. This could become costly and difficult to manage because each solution has its own subscription rules.

I am very happy to use Trello. I use it everyday as my primary productivity management tool and as organisational repository for all the tasks associated with my different work projects. I have different boards for each project and many lists and cards for each boards. Cards are easily moved between lists once they are completed or when their content changes and they consequently relate better to a different list.

Pros

The visual appeal of Trello is the major factor that makes me prefer if above other productivity management solutions.
The interface is easy to use and understand.
It is easy to change card into its own list, or to transfer it to another board.
Navigation is simple.
Multiple users can access and work on a board if they have the permission.
A long list of other software products can be easily integrated with Trello with Powerups - (1). This makes it easy to access files/information contained in other products without leaving Trello. (2). It is consequently also easy to navigate to the other products through Trello.
It allows attachments of many different types to the cards.
Time/date stamp comments can be made to cards.
Activity on boards and cards are also time/date stamped with information regarding the changes made.
Team collaboration on boards is easy. It is a very intuitive application. If you expect a setting or program instruction to be found at a specific place, the chance is good that it is there. It is easy to set-up a new team with access rights to certain boards.
The GUI and Human Computer Interaction (HCI) of Trello, is very well developed and thought out.
Checklists can be added a card.
It is easy to set-up a new team with access rights to certain boards.

Cons

Text formatting is not enabled with the common "drag-select-change" or keyboard shortcuts that users are used too from other familiar applications. Instead characters need to be entered among the text to change a word to bold/italics... or to make text into headers, lists, and any other format options. The text format rules that Trello uses is called: Markdown formatting syntax. One has to remember the correct syntax if one wishes to edit the format of text.
Workflow automation or task assignment automation could strengthen Trello - but it does enable integration with other applications that might fill this requirement.
A calendar view is not part of the basic Trello solution - once again a integration with a third party application is required.