The Applicant Manager

Easy use, customizable applicant tracking for SMBs

Alexandra M.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to Use and Supportive System

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Overall, TAM has been very easy to use and efficient. Hiring managers enjoy the system, and the customer support team is always accessible and quick to response to our requests. I would recommend to others!

I would like to see more automatized process to help our recruitment team enhance the candidate experience. Job description formatting is limited.

Pros

Ease of use. We've launched this to our hiring managers and its been very effective.
Customer support is always available, with quick turn around time.

Cons

Formatting can be an issue, specifically with Job Posting text boxes. There isnt a lot of flexibility.
Would like to see blind resume screening process for increased equity and diversity practices.

Stephanie H.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Overall, the product has been great.

Pros

The software has been wonderful at tracking applicants through the entire process. It has been easy to set up to fit our needs. The software fits our needs. Customer support has been wonderful.

Cons

I've experiences some issues with event triggers not working. I've also experienced a glitch in the system that has sent numerous emails to various applicants. Customer support has handled each issue as it has come up in a timely manner

Tonda C.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Great HR software for small companies

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

Customer service is very prompt and the software is very easy to use.

Pros

The platform is very user friendly with easy set up.

Cons

Event Triggers is a little cumbersome to understand.

Patrick F.

Reviewed on 2012/09/17

Sure there are many options out there but if you are looking for one that flexible to your needs, then stop searching. I've found that when ever I've needed something from The Applicant Manager I was able to get it done. The entire program can be customized to how you want it and makes your processes almost effortless. The designers are quick to respond to any requests you may have and a delight to work with.

The Setai is a luxury hotel located in Miami Beach and we quite often have the need to attract the best talent to fill our positions. We recently underwent a change in management and began putting new processes in place. One of the things we had to do was get our recruiting efforts organized immediately. We were using a rigid and non-flexible system in the past and were introduced to The Applicant Manager by one of our consultants. We were allowed a demonstration and took it for a test drive before quickly reaching a decision. Implementation was seamless and linked to our website and social media sites in no time to put us in business. Learning the new system could not have been any easier. After the implementation, tutorials were provided but it did not take long before were were comfortable using The Applicant Manager and well on our way to filling our vacant positions.

Now quite honestly, I would rather use my time doing other things than screening and tracking my applicants. With The Applicant Manager, I am able to set my thresholds and ask the questions to get exactly what I am looking for. Getting status updates or inquiries on which stage of the recruiting process for an applicant is child's play and rejections are effortless. Best of all the applicants are presented with a highly professional image of your organization and love that you take the time to reach out to them, they don't realize how easy The Applicant Manager makes it.

The Applicant Manager makes me look good at what I do!

Ryan S.

Good applicant tracking software, a bit of learning curve

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

The Applicant Manager has really streamlined our internship application process. Being an internship program, we're structured a bit differently than many businesses that might use The Applicant Manager, but it does the trick and has been received well by students and community partners.

Some of the extra features cost more, so be sure to verify which features are included with the package you purchase while evaluating your businesses' needs.

Pros

Once we had our account set up, it has been great to be able to track all of our internship applicants in one place. Support from our customer support consultant, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been very good.

Cons

It isn't the most user friendly interface and there is a bit of a learning curve (with training from a representative from The Applicant Manager). It seems a bit dated.

When we were in the process of putting our application 'live' on our website, one of the features we had been told was included was removed from our account without notification. While we eventually resolved the issue with lots of calls to Customer Service, it caused a delay in implementation and was very disappointing.

Glen D.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

TAM - Software delivers what it promised!

Reviewed on 2017/09/13

Would recommend this software for any company that needs a simple, easy to use software. Great for smaller to mid size employers.

Pros

* Overall Value
* Great customer service (email and phone)
* Ease of Use
* Regular software updates
* Not too complicated
* Delivered the capabilities it promised

Cons

* Wished they had HRIS software too. Some off the workflows are not intuitive to set up (but that happens with all software).

Response from Caroline

Hi Glen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your thoughts on TAM. As a best-of-breed service, we won’t be developing our own HRIS, but we do have partnerships with a couple of excellent HRIS systems (Bamboo and Namely) that can integrate seamlessly with your TAM system.

If you haven’t already, we’ll be more than happy to get this set up for you. Thanks again, and Happy New year, Glenn!

Quentin I.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great Applicant Tracking System!

Reviewed on 2014/03/31

Pros

The team behind The Applicant Manager is very flexible and adaptable to making changes to the program, which benefits their end user, the client, me. There is no need to send in a request and then wait a year for the next update, as they are continually making the program better with new and creative updates. I love the fact that all resumes from applicants who apply for a job or that candidates simply submit are automatically loaded into my system. TAM has saved me countless hours compared to our previous manual program when it comes to applicant tracking, job posting, and candidate searching. They are price-conscious with respect to the monthly fee, and as a boutique firm, we appreciate that.

Cons

Nothing really, though I wish you could delete candidates (not archive) out of the system for good so the database was not cluttered. That being said, as a Recruiter (one of the services we offer at our consulting company), I wish the system did certain things that would make recruiting easier (it's already very easy with this system). This program is best when used by your standard HR Manager/Recruiting Manager, which the system is designed for.

Morgan B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Easy

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

Our account manager is very accessible and always assists us when we have questions or want to implement a new process.

Cons

The ease of use could be a little easier. You have to click around a lot to get where you want to go.

Response from Caroline

We are so glad you thought enough of us to take the time to post a review - thank you! Thanks also for your feedback on our ease-of-use. As you know, we're very responsive to client feedback, so I'd love to hear more about the specific areas you're thinking of in TAM that might need some improvement. Would you be open to meeting up some time soon? Thank you again for your wonderful review!

Steve H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Approximately 1 year using TAM for input of resumes

Reviewed on 2016/08/19

Pros

Affordable price for the quality of the applicant tracking system. Provides more than I need, which is input of candidates and notation of conversations and submittal process. Vendor is very attentive to questions regarding the use of the product and updates to the product to continually improve user experience.

Cons

Have had an issue posting job opening to the home page of LinkedIn. Was told it may have to do with contact information I provided in the posting. But that is not the issue. Might still be my execution of the posting and not the limitation of the product. Yet to be determined.

Response from Valerie

Thank you Steve for your review of TAM! I just wanted you to know that a member of our support team will be contacting you to see how we can help resolve the issue with your LinkedIn posting. If you need any help in the future, please feel free to give a shout to our support team.

Jennifer R.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

I use TAM for hiring of 6-8 temporary full time employees each year.

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

Pros

I like TAM to have everything in one place and evaluate each candidate as we receive the resumes and cover letters.

Cons

I find it difficult when evaluating candidates and moving them to next step to make sure they are in the step that I want them to be in. Would prefer a better system.

Response from The Applicant Manager

Thank you so much for the brilliant feedback! We'd love to hear more about the difficulty you're experiencing with moving candidates. We may need to further customize your workflow to better-suit your actual processes. We work hard to make sure all aspects of our system are simple, intuitive, and tailored to your needs, so it is our hope that a quick consultation with us will eliminate this issue. We'll reach out to you shortly, but please don't hesitate to give us a call. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback - we so appreciate it!

Jen J.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

TAM makes recruiting easier

Keeping track of applicants

Pros

TAM is very user-friendly. It enables me to keep track of applicants, communicate with consistent messages as well as customize those messages.

Cons

Speed can be slow at times. I need to refresh the page periodically to get it to load.

Denns T.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great Product for small to mid-size company recruiting

Reviewed on 2016/04/20

Pros

Very service oriented. User friendly and intuitive to use. Not so many bells and whistles that one doesn't use anyway, so the software allows one to recruit how one wants to recruit.

Cons

I'm not sure how "Scalable" the software is. Primarily because everywhere I've used it, I've had a recruiting function of just a few people, and typically it was a part of a generalist role.

Melissa B.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Overall nice product

Reviewed on 2017/06/21

Pros

It's great and easy to use. Love the posting automatically to certain sites. Information is easy to store for historical purpose

Cons

Don't like that their isn't a better system to pulling out internal candidates. I've experienced different systems that have made an icon next to an internal candidate.

Nicole L.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Exactly What I Was Looking For

Reviewed on 2018/08/31

The main benefit for me was that I can now track exactly where we are with a specific applicant and see how well they have been doing throughout the interview process.

Pros

This software is extremely intuitive and had exactly what I was looking for when it comes to applicant tracking. I was able to track each potential candidate through the screening process, as well as house all of the applicant information in one place. This included resumes, cover letters, and any notes that were taken from the interviews.

Cons

There honestly was not much about this software that I did not like. I would recommend it to many companies due to the ease of use.

Tracey P.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

TAM - Top notch customer service and agile, customer-friendly system

Reviewed on 2014/02/05

Pros

The Applicant Manager puts their customers first and they make you feel special. I have made numerous requests to TAM for either enhanced features or simply questions on how to use the software more effectively. The TAM team, without fail, responds quickly and thoroughly. Even if a system enhancement isn't on their next release, they take the request into consideration and get it done for future releases (for those that would help multiple customers). Extremely fast attention to customer needs!

Cons

TAM responds to any feature enhancement requests quickly and with thoughtful consideration. That's all I ask for and they provide this. No real dislikes with this team.

Kristina H.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Recruiting Manager

Reviewed on 2014/08/15

Pros

This system is easy to learn and very affordable. They are easy to get in touch with and willing to help out as much as they can on any issue.

Cons

We are on a tight budget, so this is the best option for us. For the price, there are so many great features. However, I do wish there were some more options and easy access to another "hired" database after an employee is hired. I know they are working on it, but I wish there were more seamless options when running background checks and payroll.

Magnolia Y.

The Applicant Manager is absolutely working for TMT!

Reviewed on 2014/05/30

Pros

The Applicant Manager (better known as TAM) made our recruitment process so much easier. Managers are very pleased with all the features, from being able to share resumes to searching the database. Since I am the only recruiter at TMT, managing the positions and resumes is now a breeze. Also, TAM has impressed me with their very responsive customer service and their willingness to listen to added system feature requests.

Cons

Nothing bad to say. I like everything about the system.

Lisa F.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Awesome - Exactly what I was looking for!

Reviewed on 2015/04/30

Pros

The product is super easy to use, very logical and easy to view layout - implementation was so smooth I couldn't believe it! The team answered every questions I had and was very supportive. The best product implementation I've experience in my career by far.

Cons

Nothing so far. I am now working for a smaller organization and we do not do heavy recruiting. I needed something easy to use, that would implement quickly, save time with data entry and record keeping and provide periodic reporting. This was exactly what I was looking for.

Angie S.

Reviewed on 2013/06/05

As the new HR Director for The Downs at Albuquerque, I inherited an antiquated hiring system with paper applications being the standard! I had not seen paper apps in a decade! With a huge job fair coming up in weeks that would more than double our staff, I knew I had to get busy finding a better way! I spoke to others who were significantly more expensive and who could not get the system up and running in time for our job fair. And then I spoke with Edna, from TAM. What a Godsend! The affordable cost, the quick start up, and the support was phenomenal from day one! We were able to post over 20 openings and build an applicant database of over 2400 candidates in less than 2 weeks! Best of all, our managers love how easy it is to use and wouldn't dream of going back to paper applications! I wholeheartedly recommend TAM to anyone needing a solid, easy to use system that is affordable with lots of friendly support!

Kelsey M.

TAM is a great tool!

Reviewed on 2014/05/23

Pros

TAM has been a wonderful tool for my recruiting needs. The software is easy to use, and the support staff is always available and very prompt with service tickets. The developers are always listening for ways to improve their software and make changes as necessary. Our experience with TAM has been wonderful. I don't see any reason to explore other options. It's perfect for the size of our company and the number of applicants we receive.

Cons

I wish there were a better way to organize pipeline candidates - the candidates you don't want to hire at the moment but wouldn't mind reviewing for future opportunities.

Cynthia S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Peace of Mind

Reviewed on 2015/12/01

Pros

TAM takes the hassle out of recruiting and there is always someone available to speak with if I ever have a question.

Cons

One thing that would make posting a picture in an ad easier, is allowing JPG to be uploaded instead of having to place the URL of a photo.

Jacqui G.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Our Experience with TAM

Reviewed on 2016/06/07

Pros

So easy to use, the support team is so easy to work with, responds quickly, and very helpful.

Cons

We've not seen any outstanding limitations with this product.

Laura M.
  • Industry: Media Production

I love The Applicant Manager!

Reviewed on 2014/01/16

Pros

The Applicant Manager is very user-friendly for me in HR and also for the hiring managers. The ability to write notes and changes candidates to phone screen/interview, etc makes the hiring process easy to manage. Also, Jim and Edna are always responsive if I have a question or issue. I would recommend this product to anyone!

Cons

I have been using TAM now for about a year and a half now, and we switched from Taleo. I have found nothing wrong with TAM so far. Everything is great!

Dan K.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Our first Applicant tracking system (ATS)

Reviewed on 2014/09/15

Pros

The software is very easy to implement and the supplier is HR-centric, so most of our functional concerns were covered well with the product. I love the fact that it's hosted, and they were very flexible with matching the "look and feel" of our company webpage to their product.

Cons

I can't think of anything to say other than the product "is what it is." We found it to fit our needs, but if you want a significant amount of flexibility, you may not have enough choices.

Piyush G.

President

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

So far so good - quiz me in a month - I will be a pro

Pros

Integration with Indeed.com was our basic requirement - I like Verified First's integration with the ATS

Cons

Want to have integration with Skills testing.