VidCruiter

Pre-recorded & live video interviewing software

Vanessa J.

K-12 School -- it works for us

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

We are a network of charter schools in Philadelphia. Our recruitment team uses VidCruiter software in conjunction with Salesforce. We signed up for VidCruiter so that we could free up recruiter time during phone interviews. We were limited in the number of people that we could conduct phone interviews with, so our process relied very heavily on resume screening. VidCruiter has allowed us to interview FAR more people and to consider people seriously beyond a resume. Candidates enjoy the flexibility in scheduling and the ability to re-record their answers. As a recruiter, it is nice to reserve phone interviews for critical roles or follow up questions.

Pros

Customer support is amazing. Delightful, really. Replies are fast and issues are resolved quickly. It is very much a selling point that has allowed us to renew for the last couple of years.

Cons

Occasionally, video load time lags both as a reviewer and for candidate participants. I'm not sure why. As a reviewer, this means it takes me a bit longer than I'd like to watch a video because it will stream the first few seconds and I have to keep pausing it to let it buffer. I am confident that it isn't my internet connection because I can easily enjoy Netflix and YouTube without this issue.

The way of creating positions and adding questions to positions is a more time consuming than I'd like. For me, this is where I lean on the support team who graciously create positions for me in what seems like lightening speed.

Response from VidCruiter

Thank you very much for that in-depth review, Vanessa! As we continue to innovate and seek ways to become better, reviews like these help us achieve this. We are glad that you have taken full advantage of our great support team and hope to continue our partnership for many more years!

Chris R.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Canadian Track and Field Championships - 2014

Reviewed on 2015/07/03

We contacted Vidruiter to help us transition from a paper only volunteer application process to an online application process. We knew were going to get hundreds of applications as this was the second year in a row for us hosting the event. The online platform we that VidCruiter developed in very close collaboration with us was superb.

Pros

As Chair of the Volunteer recruitment and accreditation committee (and a volunteer myself), it was very important to me that I be able to manage the information from the applications and that it be as automated as possible. The product they developed achieved this in spades and I was able to focus more on the volunteer's experience and assistant the rest of the committee rather than staying on top of all the paper.

Working with the staff at VidCruiter was a very positive experience and they grasped what we needed while coming up with their own innovations that were really helpful.

Response time on questions was very good and I can honestly say that I always got an answer quickly.

Response from VidCruiter

Hi, Chris! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our partnership as well! Thank you for the review!

Jonathan R.

VidCruiter has become indispensable.

Reviewed on 2015/06/29

For the most part, candidates report VidCruiter is easy to use. There are of course issues with platforms and software every now and then, but these are a minority of cases, and customer support is so excellent that I don't feel these cases are a detriment to our hiring goals. Every case is solved expediently. I especially appreciate that customer support will call my candidates directly, so the responsibility for solving the issue is on VidCruiter and not my candidates or me. In this arena, Remy deserves praise. When I call for help, he almost always answers the phone, and when he doesn't, I get a return call promptly. He's always courteous and clear, even when my questions belie human error or lack of understanding on my part.

Principals love VidCruiter, specifically the video interview and the references. 1. Video interview -- Last year, our initial screen was a phone screen conducted by me. I would share my notes and ratings with our five principals for them to decide whether they wanted to use their limited and precious time to schedule a phone interview. This year, we use the VidCruiter video interview in place of the initial phone screen. My principals report that they feel much more confident moving forward to phone interviews based on the video interview. They also report that there have been far fewer "dud" phone interviews this year than last year, meaning the video interview has provided far more useful information than our phone screens last year. 2. References -- Last year, one of the principals would call each reference, take notes, and share written notes with the other principals. This year, all 5 principals can read each reference's words directly. The potency of the references is greatly augmented. Also, I'm able to ensure that all references have been collected by a certain date/time, so we're able to make hiring decisions much more quickly than before, when we had to wait to catch references on the phone.

Response from VidCruiter

Thanks for the feedback. I know we fixed all the issues you had before and I hope we are providing you with a great hiring experience. We appreciate your feedback as always.

Nichola C.

VidCruiter is easy to use, time efficient (saves time) and allow user to make more informed...

Reviewed on 2017/12/21

Quality candidates have been selected through the testing that Vidcruiter has and we are able to screen applicants better.

Pros

The ability to easily use the software. There are many features that assist in the hiring process.

Cons

Software not able to block applicants who apply with more than one emails.
Some test scores has to be manually scored.

Response from VidCruiter

Hello Nichola,

Thank you for the feedback.

We are glad to hear that we have been able to save you time, and have helped you make more informed decisions.

Our system can automatically block applicants that use the same email, but there are also quick ways to identify applicants that use a different email address.

Having to manually enter test scores may mean that your process is not fully optimized in the system. Likely, there is another way of capturing scores that would prevent you from having to enter them manually.

I will pass on your comments to your Customer Success Managers but feel to also reach out to them at any time if you want to find out how we can prevent the cons that you mentioned.

Thanks again!

Tsvety N.

The BEST video interviewing platform

Reviewed on 2017/01/21

We reviewed more than ten vendors that offered video interviewing applications and went with VidCruiter because they offered the most robust solution at a very reasonable price. The implementation was quick and easy. The UI is user friendly and recruiters, hiring managers and candidates have no problem using it. Their support is outstanding and they have made many customizations to the product based on our specific use case. Thank you

Pros

- live interviews where you can have as many as 6 people attending
- questions are not only in written form, but also video
- you can add question scripts to the live interviews to guide the interviewer
- hiring managers can rate and provide comments on every answer, not just overall feedback/rating
- rating can be based on a competency model that interviewer can refer to
- being able to add disqualifying questions
- various workflows to the recruiter/candidate/hiring manager
- ability to use email templates, intro videos and company branding
- ability to test excel and typing skills
- interview calendar sync with Gmail

Cons

No integration with Salesforce/Jobscience, but I know they are working on it

Response from VidCruiter

WOW! Remi and I we're blown away with your comment "The BEST video interviewing platform". Thank you so much for the great appreciation, it fuels our desire to strive more and bring VidCruiter to higher heights. Truly, this is our mission here at VidCruiter. Furthermore, we now integrate with Salesforce and Jobscience.

Terry-ann T.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Best ATS I ever used

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

I can really go paperless.

Pros

I can add unlimited amount of position in this system, I can add pictures to the system, I can send a delayed email to candidates, I can send report on each product, This is linked with out payroll department.

Cons

Not being able to blacklist a candidate, not being able to have the question rotate, our evaluation not being scored individually (but this is being worked on).

Terry-ann T.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

VidCruiter Review

Reviewed on 2017/01/20

VidCruiter has made may job so much easier. It allows us to hire the right candidates and it filters out the ones we don't need. (Saves so much time). I want to thank the VidCruiter Team for all the support with this application.
Five Stars all the way.

Pros

It is easy to use, the filter feature, it stores all the candidates information.

Cons

It doesn't show the exact date a position is posted only month and year.

Response from VidCruiter

Hello Terry-Ann, we're glad our hiring platform has made your job easier! Saving you time is something we aim for. We'll be passing your thanks to our support team!

Judy C.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

H.R. Recruiter

Reviewed on 2017/01/20

VidCruiter is a great applicant tracking system. The staff who I work with is amazing! He is very patient, friendly and very knowledgeable and will guide you step by step in the process.

Pros

Great

Cons

N/A

Response from VidCruiter

Thanks a lot Judy! Yes, here at VidCruiter all of our account managers are willing to guide all of our clients step-by-step through our platform. We'll pass the message on to Remi!

Karen B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

It provided the structure which was lacking prior to it's implementation

Reviewed on 2017/09/05

It is very dependable and I do enjoy the ease of use

Pros

Ease of use and dependability, it has made the process so easy and anytime something has to be changed, it is a seamless process

Cons

I really haven't really found anything that was frustrating, or that was unable to be corrected easily.

Alyse C.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Very Efficient

Reviewed on 2017/01/20

I use VidCruiter every day to schedule interviews. It is a complete time saver and is easy to use. A great feature is a video-chat option. Love this service!

Pros

It is very user-friendly even if you have never used the application before. The customer service is also extremely supportive and available.

Cons

There can be minor glitches here and there but technical support is immediately responsive.

Response from VidCruiter

Thank you very much, Alyse! We are delighted to hear that our customer service has been top notch!

Janet K.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Best value for the functionality of doing one-way interviews

Reviewed on 2017/02/19

Our department decided we wanted to explore the possibility of doing one-way interviews as part of our application process because we serve a unique demographic that is spread across many different islands. We looked into three different platforms in order to see which had the most functionality for the best price. We ended up going with VidCruiter because of the large variety of functions and how customizable each feature is. Also, when compared to other platforms that offer the same customizations, VidCruiter was able to provide us with more for less money. They also were more flexible and offered to give us a trial rate with the option to add on more if we were happy with the product. Lastly, they offered us a 20% discount for being a non-profit organization. We were happy that we were able to get a very robust platform for much cheaper than the other platforms we had looked into. This will be our first year using this product, but we feel confident that it will provide us with the tools we need as we were given multiple demos and their customer support has been fast and effective.

Pros

- value
- customizations/variation
- customer support

Cons

None at this time.

Alaina J.

Vidcruiter

Reviewed on 2017/01/20

Customer support has been an amazing help with all my Vidcruiter needs. Vidcruiter is very organized and allows me to do my job with ease.

Pros

Great customer service

Cons

I have made a few suggestions of things I would like to see or have looked into. I have been told I am on a list for IT to look at but it has been months with no feedback.

Response from VidCruiter

Alaina, thanks for the praise towards our customer support! They're well-trained to provide you with the best customer service experience possible. As for the IT request, they're very busy at the moment but they have most definitely have not forgotten about you.

Ram D.

Lead- Talent Acquisition

Reviewed on 2017/02/20

Good use for remote & sales interviews. We have continuously using vidrecruiter & obtain great use & results.

Pros

Good Quality

Cons

never find any

Wanda W.

Great company to work with

Reviewed on 2015/03/25

We have been working with VidCruiter for 5 years now and we find them to be innovative and very supportive. Any questions we have are always answered quickly and they are constantly working at making enhancements to the product to help in meeting our ever changing needs. You are always made to feel important!

Response from VidCruiter

Hello, Wanda! We're very happy that you've been satisfied with our services for 5 years. We guarantee you that we will continue to provide fast and reliable services and to always look for new ways to enhance the system to help recruiters save time and energy.

Peter J.

VidReferencing = Huge Time Saver

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

I can speak only to the VidReferencing service provided by VidCruiter, but it's certainly saved our company valuable time and resources. With technology ever-changing, companies are constantly seeking areas to streamline processes - we hit a homerun with this one.

Response from VidCruiter

Thank you so much, Peter! Yes, you're right, VidReferencing was designed to streamline the time-consuming and taking over the old fashioned way of referencing. With this feature, recruiters can save a huge amount of time.

Rina H.

Vidcruiter

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

Vidcruiter has saved my life as a small business recruiter with limited capacity. The customer service is incredible and they have revolutionized how we recruit.

Response from VidCruiter

Big Thanks, Rina, That's why we're here. Our mission is to be the lifesavers of small business recruiters. We always believed that giving top customer satisfaction is the best thing you can do when offering services.

Nick K.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

We have been a partner with VidCruiter for several years. They are a great organization and constantly innovating. Their technology and service is top notch!

Sandra K.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Time Saving - Amazing Customer Service/Tech Support

Reviewed on 2020/02/01

Mostly the customer service has been the standout, the platform is excellent but the staff really know the platform and listen to what we need in our process.
They also get back to candidates really quickly if they have video problems - it's never the system it's always speed of internet or the user not following instructions.
They are so helpful and connected, it's a real pleasure to deal with them.

Pros

Easy to implement, great training that is hands on and personalised not just a video to follow, a human being interacts with you to understand the process and flow you want.
Client love the system, saves so much time.
Candidates love the speed they can get their information in front of the client.
It saves me a lot of time on the phone.

Cons

From an agency perspective I'd like it to be more ATS for the candidates, there are ways around it but it would be great to have one place to move candidates once they are finished to a central point.
I don't think this is the point of Vidcruiter so it's really not a con. Just a wish.
They are hard to fault and I've used lots of systems.

Nichola C.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Vidcruiter Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Excellent and would recommend other businesses to become acquainted with this application.

Pros

Awesome application to track applicants, candidates and new employees. Love the ability to rate applicants in the system.

Cons

Recently, notice that I am not able to select any positions on the rating tab to access the interview guide.

Response from VidCruiter

Hello Nichola, Thank you for the great review! I am glad to see that you are taking full advantage of both our applicant tracking system and the rating system.

In terms of losing access to positions in the rating tab, either someone from your team changed the position's status so that you no longer have access or they disabled the position making it ineligible for additional ratings to be captured. If you needed to continue working with a certain position, you can contact one of your system administrators and they can either re-enable the position or change your permission level so that you can access to them again.

Feel free to reach out to us via the platform's built in chat feature or contact your dedicated VidCruiter Client Success Manager if you need to determine which System Administrator(s) that you should be reaching out to. We would also be happy to answer any additional questions that you may have.

Steve T.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

Pros

· Automatically schedule the interview
· Multiple Interviewers at the same time including crucial team members in the process
· Private chat between interviewers to stay coordinated during the interview
· Talk for as Long as You Want
· Record the interview and tag a section for future review
· Your Company Branding on the Screen
· Mobile Interviewing with VidLive for iOS and Android
· No need to download any software on your PC or tablet

Cons

No local office in NYC which is really not an issue since they are always available.

Response from VidCruiter

Hello Steve,

Thank you for the amazing review! It's great to see when clients can take full advantage of our automated scheduling and live video interviewing solutions and make their lives easier. As much as we'd enjoy to be right next door, we are glad that you have still been able to quickly get the assistance that you need. Next time a member of our team is in NYC, we will make sure that they stop by for an in-person visit.

Regards,

Michael R.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Made our recruiting easier!

Reviewed on 2018/01/13

Pros

What I like most about VidCruiter is that they offers so many options to customize each of the video interviews you setup in the system for all the positions you are interviewing for as a company. For example, you can customize prep time, response time, amount of re-records, and the types of questions (typed short answer, video response, multiple choice, etc.) for each of the interview questions you have for your positions. Additionally, VidCruiter offers an audio recording option for those without the resources to complete a video interview or for those with disabilities.

Cons

What I like least about VidCruiter is that the standard reporting options are fairly limited during implementation. Also, as a video interviewing provider, VidCruiter lacks some of the features such as facial recognition that is available with some of the larger providers.

Lynn O.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Responsive Team!

Reviewed on 2017/01/20

I receive a response to an email or voice mail in a matter of minutes. If they do not have the answer right away, they acknowledge the inquiry and get back in a reasonable amount of time. My dealings are mostly with our rep and the service is always friendly, intelligent and professional. Great customer service! The software is easy to use and I find the different pages well displayed/easy to read. The VidCruiter recruitment software is 100 times better than the other application my company used.

Pros

I love how easy it is to post a job, you simply follow the numbered steps. I love how we now have a template we can use for jobs we often post. I have not had an opportunity yet to use the scheduling feature, however, I'm looking forward to trying it.

Cons

I do not like that we are not able to sort our jobs by year. It would be easier for us if there were folders by year we could create and keep those jobs in the appropriate folder.

Response from VidCruiter

A big thanks Lynn for that wonderful response towards our hiring platform. We're delighted that you're pleased with our services.

Jennifer D.

Vidcruiter is the answer to our Recruitment Prayers

Reviewed on 2017/01/23

Vidcruiter makes the process of interviewing thousands of candidates so much easier. The staff is always quick to help and answer any questions for both our team and potential candidates.

Pros

Vidcruiter team is easily accesible
Very user friendly

Response from VidCruiter

Thanks, Jennifer, for considering VidCruiter as an answer to your company's prayer. We're glad that you're also happy with our customer service team.

Justin B.
  • Industry: Insurance

Innovative Tool

Reviewed on 2017/01/20

This recruiting tool takes a lot of the guesswork out of virtual recruiting especially with telecommuting positions. I love the video interview process.

Pros

Love this site, mostly for how you can screen a candidate prior to an interview.

Cons

Navigating the site overall can be a little tricky if you're not VERY familiar with it.

Response from VidCruiter

We're delighted to hear that you love our video interview feature! Our clients can always expect a great experience while they're using our system.

Ben H.

Vidcruiter - a great tool and company

Reviewed on 2017/01/20

We started working with Vidcruiter over a year ago. We are a fast paced growth company with a global footprint and needed recruitment software that was professional and reliable whilst still customisable to our requirements.

Working with Remi and Sean at Vidcruiter has been fantastic, they took the time to understand our business, produced a fit for purpose tool and continue to tweak and refine things for us and the responsive customer service is first rate.

Response from VidCruiter

Big thanks Ben for that wonderful review. Yes, Remi and I always make sure that we are hands-on with each and every client we're working with. We guarantee that each of our customer's needs are addressed as to what they want.