10 468 reviews

Microsoft 365

Cloud collaboration and file sharing application suite

4,6
4,3
4,6
4,5
4,3
10 468 reviews
Blair P.
Industry: Religious Institutions

A must have for any office

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

Overall, this is excellent software that's well worth the annual fee that Microsoft charges. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an Office suite of software, whether a small office or larger organization.

Pros

Office 365 is packed with great software at a great annual price. It's simple to use, but also very powerful. I primarily use Word and PowerPoint for my job and I find it quick, easy and effective. The new feature where PowerPoint makes suggestions to improve your slide is really nice and often spurs ideas in me.

Outlook is a powerful email, contact and calendar that you can use across multiple platforms and share with co-workers and family. One more than one occasion it has helped me remember important dates and appointments as well as keeping on track regarding my work responsibilities.

I don't use excel, but people I know who do speak highly of it and how flexible and powerful it is.

Cons

There is very little about Office 365 I don't like. Outlook could use an aesthetic overhaul in my opinion, but that's a pretty minor gripe for software as powerful as this.

Great for Managing Your Business

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

It is a process to switch from localized storage of files to completely online. Most of our staff loved it almost immediately, others took a while to warm up to using all of its functions. I will say, it has so many options we don't even take advantage of that I'm sure a larger operation would!

Pros

Our office, especially now, has staff members who work remotely. Prior to using this product, we had a shared drive only at the office which was inaccessible when working offsite. Sharepoint solved that issue immediately and we love it! You can see when someone edits something, set up alarms to notify you of activity, etc.

Cons

There were some things that seemed each user should be able to update (like their own contact info, etc), but that had to be set up by the administrator.

Jeanne C.
Industry: Law Enforcement

50/50

Reviewed on 2019/01/19

I'm on the fence about Office 365. Some of the features work really well like the applications. Other features like OneDrive aren't as trustworthy as I had hoped. Our company has had issues with accessing files on OneDrive and SharePoint. Microsoft tech support usually has the problem resolved within 24 hours. But for a 24 hours facility, sometimes that's not fast enough. Ultimately the decision was not mine to move to Office 365. Had I known it wasn't very reliable, I would have waited to transition to it.

Pros

SharePoint is a good function for a medium to large sized business. We use it to post documents that our staff use consistently so they can find everything in one place. The documents can get kind of buried in the file structure but it's ideally the same as Windows Explorer once you get used to it. It's nice that you can personalize the sites with background photos and text. Another great feature is the downloadable apps that you get with an E3 account. You can download the apps on a number of computers so you can use it anywhere. Additionally you can download the apps on your phone or tablet.

Cons

OneDrive has given me some trouble when I've got the folder linked with my computer. If you upload things to the OneDrive via internet browser, it's great. Once I added it to my desktop and opened the file window to be used in addition to the web browser, it got questionable. I would open files from the file explorer window and edit them and they wouldn't upload to OneDrive when saved. It's something you really have to keep an eye on. Maybe it was my network card or internet connection. But when you have more than one person editing the same files at different times, you never know if you're getting the most up to date version of that file. I've lost a lot of data because of this. Also when you create Groups and try to use that group for an email, you have to be sure to expand the group or it won't be sent as an email. It will send as a group message and most of the people I work with don't know how to view that.

Luis alejandro D.
Industry: Computer Software

A very good service but a little pricey

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Just great, I has tried several suites (open source and freeware) and the differences are humongous! I prefer this suite over all alternatives out there because is bug free, constantly updated and have all of the feature you may need to get a great and polished work.

Pros

Solid suite for word processing, presentation and calculated sheets, brings all of you may need in one package, storage, file sharing, great integration with most remarkable tools in the market.

It is constantly evolving and updates are instantaneously given to is a software as a service (SaaS). It has more advanced and sophisticated apps for office work!

Cons

It is pricey, a different model that actually make you pay a subscription that although is has it value you have a permanent fee with too few options to avoid it.

Shiva M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Microsoft 365 a complete solution package.

Reviewed on 2020/09/07

Very happy with the subscription. We are getting what we paid for. Overall very satisfied!

Pros

First of all, This is all of everything in this busy world. Email to Documents, Online meeting to cloud storage you get everything in one tree. I like most about this software are; Reliability, easy to use, user-friendly interface, world-class customer support if you have any problems. I believe no one really complains about their services.

Cons

Pricing should be more cometitive other than that nothing to dislike.

Dale C.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

MS-365 - An always up-to-date version

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

I would recommend MS-365 over the Google suite because its a known product, and has almost 100% certainty that it will be compatible with anyone else your doing business with.

Pros

I like that its always updated, and you don't have the recurring hassle to update every year or skip years before an update.

Cons

Occassional updates can cause unexpected problems. So far, any that have occurred have been health with quickly but, it does take a few moments to resolve.

Luis D.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Simplify your productivity and enterprise collaboration suite

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Full integration of productivity tools with corporate backoffice applications and Single Sign On experience

Pros

The most advantage for the implementation of Microsoft 365 is the Integration of all the componentes and ease of use for end users

Cons

Hybrid deployment for transition phase during migration from onPremise platform requires high skilled technical support

Jeff S.

Complete Productivity Program

Reviewed on 2020/10/10

I have Microsoft 365 on all my computers. I used it almost everyday.

Pros

Microsoft 365 is a complete productivity program. You get to install on up to 5 computers (Windows or Apple). You get cloud storage and and all the products you need to be successful in the office.

Cons

This is a subscription service. You do not own the software and much keep paying to use. This isn't a big negative.

Maisha C.

Still the Gold Standard

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/09/24

I have used Microsoft Office software since high school, so it is the office suite I am most familiar with. The transition to 365 has not been difficult, but there has been a bit of a learning curve with some of the newer features and the look of the software changing. I do not like the subscription model because I'd grown used to being able to download software once and just keep using it, so being billed monthly or even yearly is not as convenient. However, I do love the software and would still recommend it to those looking for the easiest way to create documents, powerpoint presentations and collaborate with their team.

Pros

I have gotten used to Microsoft Office, so I know how to use every feature without really having to think too much about it.

Cons

It can get expensive, especially now that there are monthly payment options.

Daniel Q.
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great cooperation and storage tool

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/08/17

It is a great tool overall. However, it was not possible to use it since it's not compatible with most of our internal systems.

Pros

It is easy to store and share documents with other colleagues at work. Also emails are pretty easy to use.

Cons

Not compatible with our company's platforms and systems.

Marco M.
Industry: Computer Software

A connected world at my service, online and offline

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

It took some time to fully understand how to create the working environment you aim too. I should suggest a three step approach: 1)Prioritize your needs between storage and communication. Define minimal objectives on both (eg: use email and connect through teams) 2) Understand what is available out of the box in both storage and communication. Empower a group of users on both. 3) start adding more features vertically (eg: add groups and channels in teams. Control storage of the group. Give rights to invite others)

Pros

Integration, coherence and great ability to cope with plenty of scenarios. Some applications are best of class, others are the current state of the art. It is a must have. A company, with the right support, can build on top of it its new processes for the 21st century company. It is also more than just an environment: plenty of tools to automate, customize and creation of new custom features, thanks to the super rich environment supplied by Azure and its services.

Cons

Availability of so many features position the tool as complex to manage and even learn. It requires knowledge and time to get to work at best. The offering becomes complex for small organizations. Requires customization that a small company has difficulty in create alone, even if the tool is rich of configuration possibilities.
It is crucial to be supported by a knowledgeable Microsoft partner to really get the best from it.

Ishmael S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

"Complete Office Setup, Good and Profitable for Business"

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

My overall, across-the-board experience using Microsoft 365 has been profitable and extremely good for my business.
("There is nothing negative I could honestly say.".)
Therefore I gave Microsoft 365, five- stars out of five. And I recommend this software to all my friends. "Especially those operating and conducting a productive business."
Please leave your comments if you like and thank you for reading my review.

Pros

What I like about Microsoft 365 is how easy it is to install and how quickly I can process word documents, spreadsheets, and power-point presentations. Microsoft 365 is a complete office setup that is cheap and affordable. My lifetime license cost about ten to fifteen American dollars and is good for up to 5 devices. I use Microsoft 365 for my business because it includes many productive applications I like and use daily. For example, it comes with, "Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Onedrive, Exchange, SharePoint, In-tune, Access, and Publisher." Plus Microsoft 365 comes with a 30 day free trial so you can try before you buy.

Cons

"What I like the least about Microsoft 365 is" To be honest, I have not had any bad experiences using this software in the last two years. If a problem or issue materializes, I contact Microsoft 365 customer service hotline, And they have proven to me to be competent and very professional. They are always ready to assist. Therefore I have no negative comments.

Christopher P.
Industry: Law Practice

Microsoft 365 - Great Product on a Business Budget

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

Aside from the template issues my experience with Microsoft 365 has still been very good. Over the years they have moved a few things and added a few too many functions such that finding your exact function may be a challenge if you are looking for something a little more challenging, but it's nothing that can't be addressed with a little hands-on experience.

Pros

I like the affordability of this product. Microsoft's products are mainstream for most businesses and it is good to be able to get them at a price people can afford and still be able to remain up to date. I use Word and Excel the most and these have maintained substantially similar standard functions over the years without drastic change so users can transition. Expansion of integration between products allowing you to create tables and spreadsheets within Word without going into Excel is benefit, as is the ability to pull in a spreadsheet into Word. It's fundamental functions have remained consistent and this is what I find to be teh greatest positive of this software.

Cons

This software has an issue with templates. What I liked least was the inability to open and revise a template and then save it with the same name to overwrite the old template. The software required me to select a new name, go into the templates folder and then delete the old template. This should be unnecessary. Also, though you may put your templates in specific folders within your templates folder the templates all come up as if they are in the same folder. There is no real way of organizing templates other than chronologically/alphabetically. This is inefficient and annoying to users who want to organize to save time. The standalone Word product or Microsoft Office Product that you could buy, install and own outright on your computer rather than a yearly subscription had the capability of organizing templates into folders. One would think the downloadable version to be no less functional.

Laura M.

Office 365 to the rescue

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

We had already planned to make the move from our local server-based installation of Microsoft products before the pandemic hit, and we fortuitously made the transition just in time. If we hadn't, we would have been forced to physically be in the office, e-mailing documents back and forth, or constantly downloading and uploading - with all of the version control and organizational risk that entails.

Pros

I don't know what we would have done without Office 365 during the pandemic shutdown. With it, going from physically being in to the office everyday, to working from home (or anywhere for that matter), has been a seamless transformation. With the exception of sending or receiving actual hard copy USPS mail, there is nothing that I can do in the office that I can't also do from home - and in the exact same manner. We struggled to find a software solution that would provide cloud storage and yet still allow for edit-in-place with all the powers of Word (sorry, Google Docs, but you just don't have the same capabilities), collaborative sharing and real-time communications. Office365 has it all.

Cons

There is a lot to learn, and for us, most of it has happened by trial-and-error. Constant updates is a good thing because Microsoft is always improving the product, but sometimes it's hard to keep up with what is new and different.

Tonico C.
Industry: Writing & Editing
Company size: Self Employed

All you need in one package.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Microsoft 365 has apps and software that help my business grow the creation of books, documents, and images with the help of the simplicity of the software layout. Everyone with a little effort can professionally use Microsoft 365 as I use on my business. Microsoft 365 has many pages to help you learn about their features on Microsoft's official website, which is a great way to improve your skill on this package of office tools. Also, Microsoft 365 is present in the most powerful companies in the world, and if you need to do business with them is better to be a user of this incredible tool. I highly recommend Microsft 365 for any person around the world because, with this tool package, you will be able to create content and access your files and do business from anywhere on the planet with an internet connection.

Pros

The most significant thing about Microsoft 365 is: the package of services has anything you need to start to create your content online or offline. You can write documents, create presentations, and share the editing with your team. Microsoft 365 is a tool for all types of businesses and offices around the world. Their package of services includes tools for every need of your business. With Microsoft 365, I can write my books, write documents with Word, and create images with PowerPoint. I also can access all my files online in any device with the internet. Microsoft 365 gives me the freedom to work anywhere I go.

Cons

What I like less on the Microsft 365 is the space given for files on the OneDrive cloud. I believe 5 gigabytes on the free version is less space than we need to have to create documents and content without concerns. I suggest Microsoft 365 to expand this space to 20 gigabytes because this is a number more attractive for the business people around the world. This increase will make it easier to attract new users of the Microsft 365.

Serdar M.
Industry: Consumer Goods
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

An all-in-one package for almost all your needs.

Reviewed on 2020/08/02

Working with O365 is generally going very good for me as I dont manage the underlying infrastructure to make it high available for my users. Since it is a managed service, you only do the admin tasks of O365. Despite the lack of general features, I can recommend the organization who are already a customer of Microsoft.

Pros

O365 provides large organizations to migrate their on-premise infrastructure to the cloud technologies. Usually, it is very hard to move users and data to the cloud but with the help of O365 it is very easy and makes the administrators' workload less heavier. OneDrive For Business, Exchange Online, Sharepoint Online makes our users to be more portable all around the world.

Cons

Microsoft is very lazy to implement features to their products. That is why sometimes you need to wait years until a simple feature can be deployed by Microsoft. Most of the wanted features will be always missing in O365 but again there is no rival when it comes to the office apps.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jon B.

Office 365 is the cloud version of Office

Reviewed on 2020/07/19

While you could get by using open source only solutions such as Libre Office or something similar, I've found that the money saved paying for Office is easily offset by the amount of time I have to allocate teaching each user how to use the less intuitive and somewhat buggy "free" software. There are other solutions out there but there is a good reason that Office has been the gold standard for the last 20 plus years. It's well worth the cost.

Pros

- Office is extremely easy to use for a new user but is powerful enough that power users (and developers) can perform amazingly complex processes using just this "simple" tool.
- The cloud based solution allows teams to securely share documents (worksheets) and have multiple users updating the document with the changes each user makes reflected to the other users in real time.
- You can perform simple actions like mail merge to take a contact list and create cards or labels; however, the tools are rich enough that a developer can use Macros and Regular Expressions to completely transform documents.
- It's easy to apply a built-in style (or create your own style for your business) so that all business correspondence is consistently formatted and looks professional.
- Outlook is the premier tool for email. I could write an entire review simply on Outlooks Junk mail handling and customized rules. If you use email, you need Outlook.
- When you have subscribed to Office 365, Office mobile is available to you as well.

Cons

- The only caveat I have for Office 365 is the monthly (or yearly) billing cycle. If I pay for 12 months of outlook, that's exactly what I get. On month 13, I'm left with no office suite unless I start paying for another month/year.
- I prefer to purchase Office 2019 (one time payment that means that I own the software although I am only entitled to updates for 1 year). It still has the ability to work with Office 365 users but isn't quite a well-suited to the cloud as it's physically installed on your laptop.

Angel Z.
Industry: E-Learning

Dependable Software Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

I used Office 365 at my middle school and this software connected over 600 students and staff. Using Office 365 has allowed me to connect with my classmates with almost no glitches and misunderstandings. If you are looking for software that will connect your friends, coworkers, students, or teachers, I would recommend Office 365.

Pros

Office 365 is very easy to use and navigating should not be a problem. A feature I like is being able to customize the theme of your drive as that is something you can't do on other drives. Once you purchase Office 365, you have access to a variety of Apps that are both very useful. The applications are very reliable and most of the time I don't have to worry about my work being lost.

My favorite feature would be the Calendar which I find to be very impressive because you can set events or tasks and a reminder to yourself by a scheduled email. Word and Excel are very easily used as everything is labeled very clear. In my experience, there is generally no confusion.

Cons

I don't see any features that are missing that would make Office 365 better and easier to use. However, I have experienced some glitches and minor issues with loading and the internet. For instance, during the same period of time when I am on Youtube and Office 365, sometimes (20% of the time) Office 365 works much slower than Youtube even though my internet is very stable. If this minor issue continues to be the case, it may have influence on how much I use Office 365 because even though its just 20% of the time, I am getting annoyed about my work being deleted after the glitch.

Customer support needs to be improved. When I write a long detailed email to Office 365, all I get back is an automated email, with no steps that solve my problem.

Ankit P.
Industry: Education Management

Intuitive and Simple to use

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Overall, the experience has been satisfactory and would recommend everyone to go for this instead of anything else as it serves all the purpose for an individual or business.

Pros

The product from Microsoft is very easy to set up as it hardly takes 15 minutes to complete the whole process. Secondly, I have been using Office 365 for quite sometime and have been just used to it. The products under Office 365 are very intuitive and value packed. Overall, the product experience is really fantastic.

Cons

Initially, the pricing of the Office 365 suite was a little high for businesses but now they have reduced and packed more value providing features into the suite.

Andrei P.
Industry: Computer Games

Great software suite with a clean modern look, a bit limited in the purchasing aspect

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/05/13

Using Office 365 is really smooth and I enjoy the minimalistic look which allows you to focus on the content not on all the tiny icons in the menus. I've been a fan of OpenOffice previously and currently I'm also using Google Docs but nothing beats Microsoft when it comes to a full suite of applications for office work.

Pros

Office 365 has a great modern look that spans across all their software and apps. The usual subscriptions offer the whole suite of programs to get most of your work done within it: Word for writing, Excell for calculations, spreadsheets, and charts, Power Point for presentations, Outlook for email, OneNote for fast notes, Access for databases, etc.
The installation is done very easy and the software almost no configuring apart from the user logging in.

Cons

While some of the programs available in the suite are great for the majority of uses, some are not, such as Sharepoint which is for your company's intranet, Access for databases which is way slower than even the free alternatives.
This is a paid software so obviously any free alternatives could work but not as smoothly.
A problem I've ran into using Word was that the document needed a lot of modifications in order to be uploaded as an ebook and published on Amazon.
Unfortunately I would really like to buy only a few of the programs I need. They have a way for businesses and individuals to purchase some but it's only for Word, Excell, and PowerPoint whereas I require Outlook as well, too bad.

John H.
Industry: Publishing

Microsoft Office 365 - a Great and Affordable Suite of Programs

Reviewed on 2020/05/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have had a wonderful and enabling experience with With Microsoft Office 365, which is a key part of our success.

Pros

For a modest monthly payment of $9.99 or an annual payment of $99.00, Microsoft Office 365 gives you a number of useful programs. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook. MicrosoftAccess (PC only) and MicrosoftPublisher (PC only).

In addition you get two great services: OneDrive and Skype. In addition, Microsoft Office 365 runs on: Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS!

Our main use of Microsoft Office 365 consists of Word and Excel. We use Word to write and format the books we publish and Excel is what we use for our financial planning and job progress.

In addition, Word gives us the powerful feature in that we can offer it free of charge to our clients in an offline environment. This way we can show our clients in real-time the progress we are making on their book, enabling them to participate in the project.

We are now strongly considering using Outlook to manage and organize our emails. This is the flexibility that Microsoft Office 365 provides. Should we need another application, Microsoft Office 365 has it ready for us.

As for Microsoft Office 365 services, we have been using money-saving Skype for years.

Just about any application or service you will ever need is waiting for you in Microsoft Office 365!

Cons

For us we see no Microsoft Office 365 applications or services that does not have the features we require.

Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve involved with the applications we use, Word and Excel. However, all the necessary information on how to use its applications is an integral part of Microsoft Office 365.

Christopher W.
Industry: Information Services

The leading standard for office software

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

My company solves many problems with collaboration by creating a new 'Team' in Teams for each of our clients. It allows us to save data and share information securely among staff members without compromising sensitive data. Also, having the same suite of software on all of our computers and mobile devices allows us to collaborate reliably and effectively on multiple projects at the same time. We have no hesitation in recommending this suite to all of our customers.

Pros

Office has reached the point that improvements are small but vital changes to the interface and function of the various programs. Word and Excel are easily navigated and will open any past file format without issue. The layout of the interface has solidified and does not need a great deal of time to understand. The methods for saving documents, installing the software, accessing the online versions of the programs and the integration with OneDrive/Sharepoint is possibly the best combination available on the market today. Sharepoint with the addition of Teams is the leader for team collaboration and is a secure and robust tool for both file sharing and storage as well as video/audio chatting and project collaboration. Outlook is your best choice for email with integrations and reminders built into the Calendar, reliable function and a simple yet useful interface including the vital Focused Inbox. All in all, I can't imagine using another set of tools for my daily needs on the job.

Cons

There are times when Outlook is less than responsive on slower internet connections and can have issues with dealing with multiple email accounts. There is also some confusion when setting up new email accounts due to the many options available. When using password protection on an Excel or Word document, there is no password recovery method if you forget the password. Just be careful!

Timmy T.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Dependable, easy, but lacking.

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

Difficult to set up as merging the user accounts with old inbox programs takes time and patience, but does a good enough job that most users don't miss the former clients.

Pros

This software competes with the best email, workflow, and productivity clients, but links all of the above under a single uder account that can be useful or exhausting based on the individual.

Cons

The email interface is aesthetically customizable, but limits the actual amount of scripting and scultping that can be done on incoming messages and auto replies.

Industry: Automotive
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The best suite ever, wherever and for whatever

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

MS Office 365 is the software I use the most from more than a decade. I have assisted to the evolution of this suite. The great step was given with the 365 version, the others only made some interface and adding not so valuable functionalities. Stepping into the cloud age, the sync works as needed nowadays with a great app for mobile devices where you can acess on your fingertip to all of your work.

Pros

The interaction between all of the apps that are included in MS Office is seamless. Onedrive cloud service offers a great contribute for accessing all the documents wherever you are and whatever is the time. The operation is very simple to extract the most out of its potential. It is a great swiss army knife for your everyday working needs.

Cons

There are a some minor issues with the translation of the formulas between computers in different languages as well as some problems in changing the spell check in documents that were built in another language. Beside it it works flawlessly.

Agnes M.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Best Way to Manage Microsoft Office Licenses

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

We no longer experience email related response delays i.e. our staff can now access their email on the phones, we have outlook OWA (over the web Access) and also some have installed outlook on their phones and thus not just on the laptops. This has greatly improved the communication within the office. With Office365 we are now slowly embracing the BYOD (bring your own device) for senior managers who would want to use specific models and kinds of laptops , as the Technical team we only ensure that the devices meet our security standards and not a threat to our network.

Pros

The best feature i liked about Office365 is the ability for the administrator to manage the corporate licenses from one point. Having most of the staff working in remote areas with harsh weather conditions, we experienced alot of system/hard disk crashes which resulted in time wastage as the computer had to be sent to the head office to reload the operating system and install back the applications afresh and assigning licenses but with Office365 licensing is on the go. It is not machine specific and a crash in a hard disk does not slow the organization, will just advice the user/staff to get another temporary machine and use their office365 account to access all the Microsoft office applications i.e. Word, outlook, excel and powerpoint.

With Office365 staff can easily collaborate and work on a document. This is so helpful when working on project proposals as different departments need to give in their input before a proposal could be send for donor support. This feature is not possible with the old office licensing as documents were standalone/machine dependent and one could only work on it one person at a time.

Cons

The only major challenge I have experienced with Office365 is it is internet dependent. Meaning one needs to have internet services to be able to enjoy the application. In some remote areas of Africa where our offices are, having reliable internet connectivity is a challenge and thus some remote offices are unable to enjoy the full benefits of Office365.