Microsoft 365

4.7 (13,585)
Write a Review!
Cloud collaboration and file sharing application suite

(13,585)
4.3/5
4.6/5
4.5/5
4.3/5

Ishmael
Ishmael

"Complete Office Setup, Good and Profitable for Business"

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

My overall, across-the-board experience using Microsoft 365 has been profitable and extremely good for my business.
("There is nothing negative I could honestly say.".)
Therefore I gave Microsoft 365, five- stars out of five. And I recommend this software to all my friends. "Especially those operating and conducting a productive business."
Please leave your comments if you like and thank you for reading my review.

Pros

What I like about Microsoft 365 is how easy it is to install and how quickly I can process word documents, spreadsheets, and power-point presentations. Microsoft 365 is a complete office setup that is cheap and affordable. My lifetime license cost about ten to fifteen American dollars and is good for up to 5 devices. I use Microsoft 365 for my business because it includes many productive applications I like and use daily. For example, it comes with, "Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Onedrive, Exchange, SharePoint, In-tune, Access, and Publisher." Plus Microsoft 365 comes with a 30 day free trial so you can try before you buy.

Cons

"What I like the least about Microsoft 365 is" To be honest, I have not had any bad experiences using this software in the last two years. If a problem or issue materializes, I contact Microsoft 365 customer service hotline, And they have proven to me to be competent and very professional. They are always ready to assist. Therefore I have no negative comments.

Davide
  • Industry: Legal Services

The king of the hill for decades - for good reason

Reviewed on 2023/08/22

It’s the most famous and used suite in the world, so we need to say more? It has its shortcomings, sure, but all in all it’s not much and practice makes perfect. Moreover, be it at individual level or at large corporate level, the suite is familiar and has your back covered.

Pros

Microsoft 365 is as popular as personal computers go, and for good reason. After decades of development, you couldn’t really ask for much more. The suite is rich, clean, and usable on-premise on Windows and Mac devices as well as online.

Cons

One of the biggest gripes I have is that sometimes the UI feels clunky, some basic features are buried in sub menus and other less used feature are more prominent. Other features are just plain clunky to use or to look at - sometimes you can see that its a suite that has been kept up to date through the years and not thought/rebuilt from the ground up, so to say. You can customise many aspects, but it’s a long process. I don’t think that this is a deal breaker at all, but some competitors do better and are less jarring especially when using a feature for the first time.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Microsoft suite is well established and its file formats are a world standard. I also find it easier to work with it since it’s so widely used and online you can find tutorial, help, third party integrations and all kind of tools
Randy
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Microsoft 365 low cost access to Microsoft Suite

Reviewed on 2024/05/23

Pros

Easy way to get access to suite of Microsoft products that are kept up to date

Cons

Notice of renewal does not always get received

• Industry: Writing & Editing

It feels so old and boring!

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

Office 365, has a lot of benefits, in the sense that it's easy to use most of it. I understand Microsoft wanting to push their own products, but they are annoying when they try to force you to use Microsoft's cloud, when I personally have everything set to Google. It's so annoying, when having to save as everything, rather than being able to save directly to my Google drive.

It just looks desperate and needy, a ploy, a very childish move from Microsoft. If you want people to use Microsoft cloud, make it better, price wise and feature wise.

Another reason I don't use the cloud to save files on Office 365, is because Microsoft changes their mind like the weather. I started off the cloud storage with a 12 month free trial, after three months it said there was a policy change and they change the agreement, extremely bad way to start a new cloud platform. When that happened I decided to switch to Google, and ditch Microsoft cloud storage.

as far as Office 365 goes, I still use PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Microsoft word, and other software programs daily.

For scheduling, however our team has found more efficient, easier layout, for projects, than Outlook.

I like Office 365, but my biggest complaint, is that it feels so outdated and boring.

Some of the new changes are helpful, but they always feel two or three years behind the modern technology software applications.

I wish Microsoft word grade their features, and to make it more fun to use, and advanced it more.

Pros

Microsoft word, unfortunately doesn't really have any competition, everything seems monopolized. So when I say it's good, it's because there's not much to compare it to. It's not that I'm super happy with the product. The overall Office suite, is of course useful and helpful, I just wish it was more advanced and modern.

Cons

Many powerful editing tools, helpful in document creation, but feels like it lacks common sense in so many features! The plugins on the MS Word update were a downgrade! the dictionary and thesaurus used to be instant, extremely fast and well built into the system, now with the stupid silly apps, it's slow, doesn't work half the time, and gives you hardly any context or words, the thesaurus works like the old one to a degree, but why ruin such a good thing? Only Microsoft would do that. I understand having the option as an add-on, but it should not have replaced the built-in features, with the downloaded dictionary, now it feels tacky and many of the words are too simple to use in print.

Rita
  • Industry: Research

An everyday tool

Reviewed on 2024/03/26

Pros

I like how every different app/feature is connected in some way with the other, like the calendar has a connection with outlook and teams or like tables and graphics from excel can be incorporated into word documents

Cons

I still find the editing features not good enough and sometimes I want to edit the graphics, tables and images a bit more.

Lucas
Lucas

The worlds best business productivity suite

Reviewed on 2023/09/27

Pros

Growing up with Microsoft products, M365 was a natural fit, we run our entire business within this ecosystems. Files, Sharing, Meetings, Emails everything. Its designed with business in mind.

Cons

Setting up a tenancy from a customer standpoint can be daunting, there does need to be more help from a customer side. If you use the product everyday its very easy however.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

The maturity of the Microsoft 365 suite over Google is the most compelling, management of tenancies and additional features that are suited to business and corporations.
Tejas

Great and combined platform for office colloboration and getting work done easy way

Reviewed on 2023/08/14

good kudos to microsoft and developers they are headed in the right direction. they have done their best in bringing cross functions teams together increasing communication and productivity.

Pros

MSO Family apps with e3 subscription and microsoft teams

Cons

it would logout us sometimes on a system without giving any proper prompt or activation issues

Apache OpenOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

because it is feature rich and updated regularly and trust in microsoft
Erika

Office 365 for my Business

Reviewed on 2023/10/30

Overall, I have loved office products over the years. Office 365 is the best as I can go online for use as well on a PC

Pros

Great suite of products, love OneNote, Excell to help with bookkeeping essentials, and Word for document keeping

Cons

Not many cons, but have to do extra searching for required or necessary business templates.

Numbers and Google Docs

I am used to office products since MS had in Windows ver 3.1
Traci

Great bang for your buck.

Reviewed on 2024/05/22

Overall, Microsoft 365 is a great resource to get things done and be productive. It works great and is easy to learn.

Pros

The free version is great for getting things done and the pro version is great at an affordable price. It is nice to be able to use the suite of tools that we all have known since we started using a computer. What I like best is that it auto saves your work.

Cons

What I like least is the ads in the email that make you think that it is an email. I understand having ads support a free service but don't have the links where the emails are.

pardon
  • Industry: Consumer Services

the best microsoft 365 ever to use

Reviewed on 2024/04/26

since i started using it i had no problems and my work is made easy and i can access my files anytime and anywhere

Pros

this app is quite amazing,its friendly with and all the options from general to professional are easy and available to use whether on your smartphone or laptop and mostly recommend it to students its very easy and your assessments will be very protected..

Cons

the paper size cant be adjusted and you cant use the crop feature because the result wont be the same after..

Benjamin E
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Industry-Standard for a Reason

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Pros

It just works. Documents go through without odd formatting issues or incompatibility problems. Everything works and the documentation and community are top-notch.

Cons

Basically, I had to pay for it, but that's the cost of doing business well.

WordPerfect Office

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Previous software packages were sometimes hard to use to get the results I was looking for. Missing documentation or poor community support didn't make it any easier. Finally, I decided I was done being an amateur, upgrading to an office suite that wouldn't cause problems with my clients.

Apache OpenOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

I used WP for years when I was in high school and college, but when it comes to cross-platform sharing, as I do as a writer dealing with multiple clients, compatibility issues are a poor excuse.
Esther
Esther

Best Option for Automatically-Updated Office Installs, But Not the Greatest Value

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Office 365 fits a very specific purpose, but it's a purpose that is very common in office environments: ensuring that you always have the latest version of Office applications available to you, including on multiple computers if you choose one of the higher-priced packages. Gone are the days of needing to purchase each new edition of Office every 3 years, because Office 365 automatically upgrades whenever a new version is released. The downside is, you're then locked into a monthly subscription, and then if you cancel it, all the money you spent leaves you with no access to the applications. This may not be a problem for everyone, but it is frustrating at times to realize you are essentially just "renting" access to the software. Its activation system is also a bit buggy, as Word regularly asks me to sign into my Microsoft account to re-activate the software, despite nothing on my account changing. If you can get beyond these issues, however, Office 365 definitely fills an important niche.

Pros

Always provides the latest version of all Office applications, can be used on multiple computers (depending on package purchased), offers OneDrive storage included with the packages

Cons

Becomes expensive over time, local installs of the applications sometimes need to be reactivated due to bugs in the activation system, locks you in to a specific software ecosystem

LibreOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Wider support for various document types, and needed advanced features of Office that were not available on open-source alternatives.

I preferred the old school version of Office (and by Office I mean Excel)

Reviewed on 2021/03/12

It would be easy to use in lots of places on different devices, but I only wish to use it on my desktop PC. As a result I feel that functionality has been sacrificed for networking features, which I broadly don't use or care for. If there were a downloadable hard drive resident version I would jump at it. So as a power user of Excel I'm disappointed.

Pros

I don't know that there is anything I like about this version compared to the previously installed version on my hard drive. I suppose sharing and being up to date with the latest version but that was never something I had a problem with before.

Cons

It (Excel) struggles to handle complicated formatting, for example, and I had to ditch some files with complex visual presentation, and in my view their are now over-simplified, and that's so they don't hang or crash. This is the sort of thing the hard drive resident application never struggled with. Conditional formatting layered up is the sort of thing that causes problems. So I'd say I'm not using all the features because it's not possible if you want a stable file. (I have a high spec set up and high speed ISP so I don't expect performance problems)

Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Familiarity as an existing user, plus the free storage space on One Drive. I chose it over Google Sheets (Excel being 99% of my use of Office365) because I want a hard copy on my computer that I'd be able to open if the internet was down, although I'm not sure now that it would actually do that. So it was a lack of choice really, and line of least resistance. Bring back the installed version!
  • Industry: Government Administration

Easy and dependable

Reviewed on 2021/10/05

It has been a powerful application with a very easy user interface, I enjoy its provision of latest updates and compatibility which makes it preferred to other applications which I switched from.

Pros

This is an application that has been of great impact to my team in terms of file sharing. We no longer need to email corrected documents to individual stations as the link only needs to be shared for viewing and accessing by all members of the team. I love the fact that it practically works on all devices with easy access to latest updates and easy to use toolbars. I'm just in love with this app.

Cons

One of the downside I noticed in this app is the fact that I always need to download the graphic art before usage which could have just been integrated during installation. Its though cheap but since I always have to subscribe, I don't feel I own the application which usually gives me concern over its security knowing fully well its a cloud based application. I will also want the developers to work on the advanced features which are hard to access.

Ricardo Andrés
Ricardo Andrés
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

MICROSOFT OFFICE INDISCUTIBLE LEADER

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

In the case of Office 365 Profitability, which allows to optimize the efficiency and productivity of the organization due to the control and ease of management allowing any person with access to share information from any place or device, thanks to the cloud "we work from anywhere" and "Team work" regardless of time zones

Pros

With nearly 25 years in the Windows universe, despite the fact that there are free Office software alternatives, Microsoft Office continues to be the most widely used on a global scale among users and customers, whether at the corporate or personal level, none of these tools has arrived. to pose a threat to the reign of Microsoft Office, The Redmond company now offering services for the Microsoft cloud based on a subscription model, with desktop applications for Windows that include Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Access, and One of its innovations is that they allow the collaborative edition of documents and teamwork, this is a great step from the suite to a set of applications where tablets and smartphones with iOS and Android operating systems can access these documents through web applications that Microsoft has released so that users can temporarily use a document of the classic tools of Off ice: Word, Excel and Power Point, boosting productivity in an increasingly connected and prepared environment for modern work and collaboration online and in a team within a company or personal level.

Cons

In a Microsoft Office administrative installation, more disk space is used on the server, the amount of disk space required on the server ranges between 100 and 325 MB or more, depending on the version of Microsoft Office, if other programs use your server network or if you use it to store data files, it is possible that the server does not have enough disk space, however, this problem is more due to the limited storage of the PCs than the program itself, what it does have is a cost per license very high, apart from that I find no disadvantages that subtract points in favor of Microsoft Office

Milos
Milos
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Office 365 Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Biggest advantage is when you are using it in a large business corporation, easy to access and share files for employees.
Easy to communicate and share data within company via One drive and share point and Microsoft Teams.

Pros

It is useful for small and big companies. There are three different packages that you can use, depending on your type of business - small or professional use.
Thing that I like most in office 365 is that there is big storage - 50 GB for emails, which is very convenient if you are working with a large customer range and you receive 1000 to 2000 email per day.
Second thing is share point online where you can upload and share your documentation with people from work, it is very easy to access and update it.
You can use it on five different devices – Mac, PC or mobile, which is an advantage if you need quick to send, adjust or upload needed information or any data.
One Note is a good option where you can create guides, make notes and it is very handy and easy to use.
Also, one drive – cloud storage is 1 TB which is very useful.

Cons

It is not fully accessible when you are working online from web browser, sometimes it can lag or slowly work when is booting with Skype in background.
Can’t fully use Excel in browser, also there is a difference when you are using document online and in word.There is a big difference in outlook online and in application, you are limited for some options, for example conversation is going into the one email, like in a text message conversation and formatting options are limited, also it will not add auto signature when you are replying or sending emails.

Microsoft Office 365 Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/02

The ulitmate best experience possible out of all software suite packages that I use!

Pros

The software suite of apps are so Robust and you have them both on the cloud and on the desktop to use whatever way you desire. The MS software apps are the best money "can't buy" - meaning you can't buy any better apps than MS provides for each category you are dealing with. Their phone and/or remote session tech support is beyond the word "fantastic", and they immediately answer the phone when you call and get righton having remote sessions and finding and fixing the issues that need to be troubleshooted and rectified. All of this support is 100% free and for every application in the suite of apps provided...from Onedrive to OneNote to MS Word...and on and on!!!

Cons

Each app is so ROBUSt that it truly takes a gargantuan amount of time to really learn how to work with them if you really want to use them to their fullest potential. There is no "easy fx for this" and you have to expend the time and energy to learn the "ins and outs" of each app to know "how to work it". Consequently, the ONLY big issue I have is with OneDrive and OneNote...as they are 2 separate apps but the reality is that they are really ONE...meaning unless OneDrive is configured properly...OneNote will NOT work...and vice-versa. Therefore, it does take time to figure this all out as a new user...but now that I'm an experienced one, with many dozens of hours of tech support history "under my belt" - I now know what to do when I have to do a "clean install" of Windows 10 and reinstall the desktop apps again....as I learned the "hard knox way" what must be done from the "get go" to get BOTH theses apps going in the right flow! I recently purchased a brand new computer and i did NOt need tech support to assist me in installing Office 365 because I had learned all the "tricks of the trade" from past experience already, and I was able to do just fine installing the entire app suite alone without getting tech support on the phone!

Supun
Supun

Office 365 - The online Office Package

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

Larger part out of the whole world population has a considerable internet connection today. Therefore we can use this platform at anytime, anywhere in the world. We can log into our account and continue our works at any time. I recommend this platform for any type of office or educational places such as universities and schools. Team work is improved with the features included in the platform. Also this package makes our works easier. Using one ‘Teams’ we can chat, share documents, media files etc. PC storage does not run out for software installation since this is a fully cloud based service. Mostly useful in emergency times such as if we want to change or delete a slide in a Powerpoint presentation in a minute using a computer without office package, we can use this platform. If you have a good internet connection, Office 365 will be a good opportunity to you or your office, workplace or school.

Pros

Office 365 is a platform developed by Microsoft to introduce a new trend of an office package. This is totally based on internet and no any software needed to download and install. That is the most important advantage of Office 365 platform. The only thing we need is a computer or a smartphone with a web browser and internet connection. In this platform we have the access to many of the software included in a normal Microsoft Office package such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access etc. Office 365 was really helped me in immediate occasions where I do not have time to download, install and use some software. Best feature in Office 365 package is ‘Teams’ package. All my friends including me, signed in to Teams as an engineering batch and all of our lecturers also joined to it. This makes our academic works easier and efficient. Lecturers upload their lecture notes to Teams. Then all of us (Students registered in Teams) can download and refer them. Also we do online assignments, quizzes through Office 365 platform. Another great thing is the One Drive online storage given by platform freely with the open of an account.

Cons

We cannot use Office 365 without an internet connection. This is the major problem arise if we are living in a rural area without good internet connection. Though Office 365 included with many wonderful features, they are not useful if you do not have an internet connection. Also Office 365 takes much time to load. Especially the Teams package take considerable time to load and it spend big amount of our data package. All the features included in a normal Microsoft Office package are not included in Office 365. We cannot use it to do complex works that we doing using normal Office package. Sometimes little bugs can be seen in Teams package. We need a Microsoft account to use Office 365. Without Microsoft account we cannot work in Office 365 and we have to sign in to our account every time before we use the package.

Christopher
  • Industry: Law Practice

Microsoft 365 - Great Product on a Business Budget

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

Aside from the template issues my experience with Microsoft 365 has still been very good. Over the years they have moved a few things and added a few too many functions such that finding your exact function may be a challenge if you are looking for something a little more challenging, but it's nothing that can't be addressed with a little hands-on experience.

Pros

I like the affordability of this product. Microsoft's products are mainstream for most businesses and it is good to be able to get them at a price people can afford and still be able to remain up to date. I use Word and Excel the most and these have maintained substantially similar standard functions over the years without drastic change so users can transition. Expansion of integration between products allowing you to create tables and spreadsheets within Word without going into Excel is benefit, as is the ability to pull in a spreadsheet into Word. It's fundamental functions have remained consistent and this is what I find to be teh greatest positive of this software.

Cons

This software has an issue with templates. What I liked least was the inability to open and revise a template and then save it with the same name to overwrite the old template. The software required me to select a new name, go into the templates folder and then delete the old template. This should be unnecessary. Also, though you may put your templates in specific folders within your templates folder the templates all come up as if they are in the same folder. There is no real way of organizing templates other than chronologically/alphabetically. This is inefficient and annoying to users who want to organize to save time. The standalone Word product or Microsoft Office Product that you could buy, install and own outright on your computer rather than a yearly subscription had the capability of organizing templates into folders. One would think the downloadable version to be no less functional.

Ryan
  • Industry: Insurance

Administration and use of Microsoft 365

Reviewed on 2021/09/17

I love it most days. There are a few things here or there that I listed above it for the most part, you really can't beat what this product has to offer. It really is an all in one system if you spend the time learning it and know how to configure it properly.
Whether you have a large dev team or a small IT team with strong cross platform knowledge, this tool is great for any size company looking to keep their users and information/data in on central, manageable location.

Pros

When it comes to administering and configuring the system, it's fairly straight forward. The GUI is nice and easy to read. The vast amount of documentation makes this platform very easy to use for anyone bot new and experienced to the world of IT. If you're running into a problem, there's a very high chance Microsoft has the issue documented and the solution posted with a simple google search. Not to mention a lot of companies use this product so the cross training opportunity and "best practice" configuration is wonderful.

Cons

First of, Microsoft loves to change the verbiage and buttons almost on a monthly basis. What was labeled as "User settings" is now under "users" > "settings" but without providing much reason or positive use case behind it. It's more annoying than anything when you're trying to find something you need configured and you're going off of documentation that's a month old with screen shots and step by step instructions on how to do it and you can't figure it out because the verbiage has changed or some settings location have been "moved"

As nice as the GUI is, I'm old school and enjoy being able to use powershell more often then not. Sometimes it's less efficient having to navigate through screens and fields versus typing up a command and you're done.
Also, if you're thinking about running a hybrid environment, think twice. It gets confusing and WILL cause problems when setting up security settings or trying to setup shared mailboxes. Choose one or the other, not both. You'll save yourself a headache in the long run.

Simon
  • Industry: Market Research

eh?

Reviewed on 2022/04/27

Disappointment and forced bondage (we've always used powerpoint for presentations, so we're going to carry on doing that, even if they're a pain to update and many more modern, better options are available).

Pros

Familiarity, I guess, I mean, if I could literally use anything else, I would.

Cons

Microsoft are one of the biggest software companies in the world, with more software engineers than I can count, yet each new release of this software is basically a "where do I find that feature now".

Nothing new, nothing useful added, just the shelves rearranged so I have to take time out and learn where they've moved something to this time and when working across devices with different versions I have to increase my mental load on using the application to recall how to do things rather than spending that mental load on completing a task.

Speaking of different versions, of course they render files slightly differently, or don't support some of the limited new features over the years so you're dissuaded from using them, does xlookup work better than vlookup? Yes, can you use it? No, because the file may go to a client with an version that doesn't support it.

Appreciate I may sound contradictory, of complaining of no new features, and then those new features not being backwardsly compatible, but this is the annoyance of using this. Then you go to the web versions that are even more kneecapped, need to use a macro to achieve something? Not online you don't. Now you have to open the file in a desktop version, run the macro, and re-sync to the cloud and close the app, go back to the webversion, gah, all such a faff for an application that's older than any of my interns.

Hicham

Should You Use Microsoft 365? Pros and Cons Reviewed

Reviewed on 2022/08/16

If you're looking for an all-in-one productivity suite, Microsoft 365 is a great option. It includes everything from word processing and spreadsheet software to email and calendar tools. Plus, it's easy to use and familiar if you're already used to Microsoft Office. However, there are some drawbacks. First, it's a subscription service, so you'll have to keep paying as long as you want to use it. Second, it's not available on all platforms, so if you're using a Mac or Linux computer, you're out of luck. Finally, some features are only available in the premium versions, so you might have to upgrade if you want access to everything. Overall, though, Microsoft 365 is a great option for anyone who needs a comprehensive productivity suite. It's also worth considering that while Microsoft 365 is expensive upfront, it can be cheaper than buying each individual program separately (and more convenient). Of course, if you're happy with your current programs, then sticking with them may be a better option.

Pros

There are few computer programs more popular than Microsoft’s Office 365 and Windows 10, which are installed on computers around the world. But what if you had to use only one of these programs? Which would you choose, and why? This article provides an in-depth Microsoft 365 pros and cons review to help you decide whether to stick with Microsoft products or switch to another platform altogether.
If you're looking for an all-in-one productivity suite, Microsoft 365 is a great option. It includes everything from the popular Microsoft Office suite to cloud storage and collaboration tools. And, with a subscription, you always have the latest version of each tool. On the other hand, if you don't want your data stored in Microsoft's servers and prefer to keep it on your computer or on your own private server, this may not be the best choice for you. There are also some compatibility issues that can make certain programs (such as Skype) difficult to use, though this can be fixed by using third-party software. When considering whether to switch to Microsoft 365, it's important to weigh the pros and cons carefully before making a decision.

Cons

Although Microsoft 365 has a lot of features that can be beneficial for businesses, there are also some potential drawbacks to using the platform. One of the biggest cons is that it can be expensive. Depending on the size of your business and how many people you need to use the platform, the cost can quickly add up. Additionally, some users have found that Microsoft 365 can be glitchy and difficult to use. Another downside is that it doesn’t integrate with all third-party apps, which can limit its usefulness. Finally, because it’s a cloud-based platform, you need to have a reliable internet connection to use it, which isn’t always possible. Overall, Microsoft 365 does offer a lot of benefits for business owners. However, as with any decision involving technology, pros, and cons should be weighed before deciding if this platform is right for your company.

Kenji
Kenji

Made IT life easier

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

Pros

Being a small IT team, we don't have a huge team to tackle email. Email issues can be problematic and stressful. OWA can be a headache.
But, with office365, Microsoft takes care of everything for you!
Multiple plans to fit your need.
Decent support (though it's been getting a little worse with support lately).
No headache when setting up outlook/mobile devices
Has 2 step authentication!
Office app bundle online, and apps online are great. One, you get to stay up to date with the newest office. But two, the apps online itself are really close to the real program, for 75% of users, it would probably be more than enough.
Skype is a decent communication tool, has everything you need.
Comes with onedrive storage (cloud storage)
Backups are handled by them, so that takes more stress off.

All in all, for us (a smaller business), this move was the smartest, as email is extremely important today. You want some provider that guarantees uptime, security, and easability.

Cons

Support. So they recently took off email support. They also don't allow you to close tickets anymore. The people that call you can be too basic, they make you run through basic scripts they read on their screen (they dont know the problem, they just read what they are given). Eventually you get someone who knows what they are doing, but that can take some time.

Everything else is decent though, havent have major issues, no major down times, while support can be difficult, they eventually do get the problem solved. I'd definitely recommend if you are thinking about it.

Michael
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

Why I like Microsoft 365

Reviewed on 2023/01/27

Overall, my experience with Microsoft 365 has been positive. The platform offers a wide range of productivity tools, such as Microsoft Office apps, that are widely used and very powerful for creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Additionally, the platform's collaboration tools, such as OneDrive, OneNote, and SharePoint, allow me to easily share and work on files with others in real-time, which helps me to stay productive and efficient.Furthermore, Microsoft 365 offers advanced security features, such as multi-factor authentication, which improves the security of my business data. I also appreciate the platform's ability to integrate with other apps and services, making it easy for me to use it within my usual workflow.However, the cost of Microsoft 365 can be relatively expensive, depending on the plan and the number of users. Additionally, the platform can have some limitations when it comes to customization options, especially on the design aspect of the documents. Additionally, the platform can be complex to navigate, especially for new users or for those who are not familiar with the Microsoft suite of products, which can be frustrating and slow down my workflow.Despite these challenges, the overall experience with Microsoft 365 has been positive, as it provides a wide range of powerful productivity and collaboration tools that can help me increase my productivity and efficiency.

Pros

One of the things I like most about Microsoft 365 is the range of productivity tools it offers. The suite includes Microsoft Office apps such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others, which are widely used and very powerful tools for creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Additionally, Microsoft 365 provides a wide range of collaboration tools, such as OneDrive, OneNote, and SharePoint, that allow me to easily share and work on files with others in real-time. This helps me to stay productive and efficient. Furthermore, Microsoft 365 offers advanced security features, such as multi-factor authentication, which improves the security of my business data. Another thing I like about Microsoft 365 is its ability to integrate with other apps and services, making it easy for me to use it within my usual workflow.

Cons

One of the things I like least about Microsoft 365 is the cost. Depending on the plan and the number of users, the platform can be relatively expensive. Additionally, the platform can have some limitations when it comes to customization options, especially on the design aspect of the documents. Another thing I like least about Microsoft 365 is that it can be complex to navigate, especially for new users or for those who are not familiar with the Microsoft suite of products. Furthermore, Microsoft 365 may not have the same level of integration with other tools and software that I use, which can make it difficult to use the platform within my usual workflow. Additionally, some features of the platform can be a bit slow to load or take time to learn, which can be frustrating and slow down my workflow. Overall, while Microsoft 365 offers a wide range of powerful productivity and collaboration tools, it can be costly and have some limitations.

John
  • Industry: Publishing

Microsoft Office 365 - a Great and Affordable Suite of Programs

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

We have had a wonderful and enabling experience with With Microsoft Office 365, which is a key part of our success.

Pros

For a modest monthly payment of $9.99 or an annual payment of $99.00, Microsoft Office 365 gives you a number of useful programs. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook. MicrosoftAccess (PC only) and MicrosoftPublisher (PC only).

In addition you get two great services: OneDrive and Skype. In addition, Microsoft Office 365 runs on: Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS!

Our main use of Microsoft Office 365 consists of Word and Excel. We use Word to write and format the books we publish and Excel is what we use for our financial planning and job progress.

In addition, Word gives us the powerful feature in that we can offer it free of charge to our clients in an offline environment. This way we can show our clients in real-time the progress we are making on their book, enabling them to participate in the project.

We are now strongly considering using Outlook to manage and organize our emails. This is the flexibility that Microsoft Office 365 provides. Should we need another application, Microsoft Office 365 has it ready for us.

As for Microsoft Office 365 services, we have been using money-saving Skype for years.

Just about any application or service you will ever need is waiting for you in Microsoft Office 365!

Cons

For us we see no Microsoft Office 365 applications or services that does not have the features we require.

Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve involved with the applications we use, Word and Excel. However, all the necessary information on how to use its applications is an integral part of Microsoft Office 365.