11 787 reviews

Microsoft 365

Cloud collaboration and file sharing application suite

11 787 reviews
  • Industry: Computer Games

Microsoft at its best

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

The solution provided by Microsoft is very solid and part from the fact the shared space is not really optimal, there are a lot of improvements coming forward, and lots of possibilities offered by Microsoft 365, to help organisations (business, school, etc...) into making work easy from the office or remotely.

Pros

A lot of tools and software available for office work, communication and file sharing.
The possibility to mix licenses based on the users' needs.
Teams is a very powerful collaboration tool allowing users to discuss, have meeting and work on the same files, instantly.

Cons

Every users come with a 1TB of space, available through OneDrive, but the share space, in sharepoint, is only 1TB itself and there is no option to use the users' space as Team shared solution in order to take advantage of the total amount of space available.
If you have 10 users in your team, you technically have 1TB (sharepoint) + 10TB (OneDrive) available, but you can only use the 1TB as a shared space in Teams.

Jenny C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great for collaborations!

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

Overall, my experience with Microsoft 365 has been a positive experience. I rarely had any issues and since I am pretty new to my position as a HR Assistant, I had no issues learning how to use the software. With the icons, it was very easy to maneuver around the software. All the documents that were shared are protected and updated when edited. I highly recommend Microsoft 365 for those considering!

Pros

Microsoft 365 offers a variety of platforms ranging from Outlook, Teams, OneNote, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Excel. These are just a few of the platforms that I use almost daily for my job. I love how Microsoft 365 allows the consumer to easily identify which platform they would like to use with a tool bar on the left side. It is very similar to choosing an app on your phone with icons that signify the platform that you would like the utilize. In addition, I also love that they have little features such as Calendar and Task/To-Do. My co-workers and I utilize the Calendar feature to make sure that we know who is on holiday and when to schedule meetings. For the Task/To-Do feature, I like that I am able to type what needs to be done and it will show up on the sidebar. It also allows you to check off the list once something is done, which is cool and neat feature! The software also rarely glitches which is a huge plus, especially during the pandemic. Microsoft 365 allows all my co-workers and I to work efficiently and in an organized manner, which is important in any office and virtual setting.

Cons

If there was a critique I would make about the software, it would be on the Task/To-Do feature. There isn't really an option to mark if it is of high importance or put a due date with a reminder to remind you of the task. Often times, when I do put something (luckily not high importance), I forget and did not realize until I utilize it to input another task. It would be nice to be able to get a reminder, similar to the meeting reminders.

Tere'e W.

Office 365 - You don't have it yet?

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

Overall, I've enjoyed my experience with Microsoft 365. Given, the current pandemic crisis, Office 365 - Teams has been an integral tool when providing IT support. There are so many unknowns when providing IT support to users from the devices, ISPs, and/or user's tech knowledge, Teams has made IT support that much easier.

I like that nearly all apps can be accessed via a web version so that users can pick up where they left off without missing a beat.

Pros

Professional Use: Office 365 is the best Office to-date. Office 365 allows users an all inclusive experience with its intelligent available app integrations. Teams has been an integral tool with nearly all users working from home. Teams allows for communication and collaboration between users and clients. I like that the software is automatically updated and not necessary added in the Windows updates.

Personal Use: I've had an Office 365 for over 3 years. I'm able to share the subscription with up-to 4 more individuals. I'm able to access all my files on the go with my mobile phone. I like that I can have critical information at my finger tips. To-date I've not experienced any degraded experience or service outage.

Cons

So far we have not ran into any minor or major issues with using Office 365. I think Microsoft has mastered the it's productivity tools for both the professional and personal user.

Jon B.

Office 365 is the cloud version of Office

Reviewed on 2020/07/19

While you could get by using open source only solutions such as Libre Office or something similar, I've found that the money saved paying for Office is easily offset by the amount of time I have to allocate teaching each user how to use the less intuitive and somewhat buggy "free" software. There are other solutions out there but there is a good reason that Office has been the gold standard for the last 20 plus years. It's well worth the cost.

Pros

- Office is extremely easy to use for a new user but is powerful enough that power users (and developers) can perform amazingly complex processes using just this "simple" tool.
- The cloud based solution allows teams to securely share documents (worksheets) and have multiple users updating the document with the changes each user makes reflected to the other users in real time.
- You can perform simple actions like mail merge to take a contact list and create cards or labels; however, the tools are rich enough that a developer can use Macros and Regular Expressions to completely transform documents.
- It's easy to apply a built-in style (or create your own style for your business) so that all business correspondence is consistently formatted and looks professional.
- Outlook is the premier tool for email. I could write an entire review simply on Outlooks Junk mail handling and customized rules. If you use email, you need Outlook.
- When you have subscribed to Office 365, Office mobile is available to you as well.

Cons

- The only caveat I have for Office 365 is the monthly (or yearly) billing cycle. If I pay for 12 months of outlook, that's exactly what I get. On month 13, I'm left with no office suite unless I start paying for another month/year.
- I prefer to purchase Office 2019 (one time payment that means that I own the software although I am only entitled to updates for 1 year). It still has the ability to work with Office 365 users but isn't quite a well-suited to the cloud as it's physically installed on your laptop.

Christine G.

Outstanding for Productivity, Communication, and Curation of Documents

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

One of the reasons we moved to Office 365 is to eliminate the need for onsite servers to house our users' docs-- no more fear of server crashes and loss of files. Also since we are connected to the cloud (OneDrive), files are autosaved and it is easier for users to find their files (did I save it to the computer? to the server? Where??). Our organization has realized better more instant communication, everyone is on track with meetings and events because of the robust features off Outlook Calendar, and we are able to collaborate in real time remotely.

Pros

Within Office 365, apps cover everything you need including file storage, a virtual notebook, forms/surveys, a team work hub (that includes video conferencing built in!), presentation tools, email and calendars, and of course content creation with Word, Powerpoint, and Excel. My favorite of all is the Teams app, which allows for an internal work hub that emulates a social media network with private chats and group channels-- very user friendly. A work team can share files, curate links, embed 3rd party apps and collaborate in real time all in one place. My work place is moving away from the cluttered email box and now communicating almost exclusively in teams! There is even a platform embedded for creating an Intranet Website. And if you are very ambitious, there is an app for creating your own workflows, project planners, and dynamic apps.

Cons

There is so much to the Office 365 that it is difficult to roll out to a large organization. Companies should plan well and transition to Office 365 in measured phases. It required a culture shift and a lot of training to move our people over to this software.

Carissa J.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy to use and good options for students, staff, faculty

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

I would recommend Office 365 to all companies, regardless of the cost. The functionality of all of the different apps and the ability to switch from mobile to desktop without any hiccups is what makes this software special and a winner! Microsoft Word is the benchmark software for all industries, and is an imperative necessity for anyone in higher education (students/faculty/staff). OneNote is another amazing tool that enhances collaboration and increases learning curves through training because you are able to keep very updated documentation and send out to a group in a super efficient and simple way.

Pros

Very easy to use and offers great tools for students, faculty, and staff to collaborate. Features like OneNote and your basic office software (word/powerpoint/excel) are great to have in a web version for easy and quick access without worrying about accessibility and compatibility issues. My office utilizes OneNote to collaborate and train our employees on our team daily, while also utilizing it for note taking and other options with outside vendors as well. OneNote is an amazing tool that is incorporated with Office 365 and it has helped our students remain organized and work in groups/collaborate in courses in an efficient manner as well. Word/Powerpoint/Excel have been around for some time, but the functionality and ease of using them in a web version has allowed our students, faculty, and staff to be more mobile and not stuck to a desk all of the time. The Office 365 software is great in a web/mobile version!

Cons

Sometimes there are some issues with syncing web updates (like onenote updates) to a desktop, but they usually resolve themselves pretty quickly. Depending on what administrator settings your company has, you may have a little trouble getting the sync figured out, but once it is set up, the ability to work wherever, whenever, is amazing! I would recommend Office 365 to all companies, regardless of the cost.

Sharing with and working clients and others.

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

I love the download version of Office 365 and use it daily. I have a few issues with the only version being slow to respond but I can use autosave which keeps all my docs on my one drive. I like being able to open the onedrive any place I'm at to access information. Powerpoint is pretty good. Excel needs updated badly.

Pros

My favorite feature is sharing documents with a proofreader, client(s) or project member(s) which all us all the ability to adjust to document information and make changes together. We can all open the same document at the same time and work together to get the information how it needs to be. We often do a conference call with one main editor of the document. We can all watch the editing live. Other times we take turns editing the document. We can do in an hour what used to take us days of sending the documents back and forth. Plus word is something everyone understands so there is very little learning curve.

Cons

Excel badly needs build in Macros, shortcut features. I had a big product that while needed to move pdf information to Excel and it was a nightmare. I ended up download other software to put the information in the spreadsheet then copy and paste to Excel.

Steve F.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

The only product for business and office productivity but licensing is troublesome and...

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

All the Office products are a requirement for creating documents that are shareable and usable with others. They are all "feature-rich" and with them you can create documents and presentations that can really impress others. However, licensing and in particular the transfer of licenses is impossible for the pre-subscription products. There is no way to move such a license to a different PC without manual intervention of Microsoft people over the phone. Microsoft really wants to force users and corporations to move to a subscription service (Office 365) instead of purchasing and installing "Office Pro 2019". And because of that, there is no "upgrade path" for any of the pre-subscription products to the next version or to a subscription (Office 365). Besides changing their type of revenue and increasing their cash flow, they have gone way to far to prevent people from pirating their software. That effort has made the maintenance of their non-subscription products so very, very unfriendly and costly. And look out - Windows will become a subscription product soon and we will we will be paying a monthly/yearly fee to use it.

Pros

It is the de facto standard for creating all types of documents for daily use in an office. With an Office 365 subscription, you always have the latest versions available without having to buy an upgrade or manually download updates.

Cons

As the versions have progressed, all the products have become increasingly harder to use and they require in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Ribbon in order to find the functions you need. The "help" documentation is poor at best and answers to operational and use questions are almost always found on other websites, not Microsoft's sites. The ribbon has been forced onto users and there is no way to revert to older versions of command lists and menus. And Microsoft does not provide the ability to search for commands and learn where they can be found in the ribbon. This makes it impossible to learn how to use the products by using them. I've used the products for years and I still, constantly, have to "google" to find where commands are and how to use them. Also, since all the Office products are constantly "improving", Ribbon and menus change in their method of organization which quickly invalidates any help you might find on Microsoft sites and other 3rd party sites. Instructions dealing with "click this and then click this and choose this" need to change with each version and they do not. Worst of all, Microsoft had decided to make all their "apps" into "tablet friendly" ones with larger buttons and greater spacing between buttons. This has reduced the area to display commands and made the ribbon and menus more complex with several more drop-downs and several more clicks required to get to the command you which has and continues to make the products harder to use.

Sean U.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

The Microsoft Office family of programs are esentials

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

My job would be a nightmare if I didn't have: Word, Publisher, and Excel. and just the fact I can pick it up on my other devices is great. Microsoft Office 365 is priced well below what getting a full suite of similar programs would cost. Publisher is the best WooHoo!!

Pros

- Microsoft Office programs are some of, if not the most intuitive programs for running an office.
- Microsoft Publisher alone is one of the most powerful publishing programs out there today.
- The ability to finish something on my laptop that I started on my work PC with just a couple clicks is amazing.
- The cost to have all these programs together on all my devices would cost a small fortune anywhere else.

Cons

- If you don't have office 365 you keep getting advertisements for it. (one of my PCs I don't use it on gets a notification to try it for free on start-up all the time.)
- Microsoft support, like any tech companies support, is typically foreign from the United States and therefor they usually have an accent that can be difficult to understand sometimes. It doesn't mean they know any less, it just means you may have to ask them to speak a little slower.

Your Great Helper

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

I immediately opened my content-managed company's website that came with Office 365 SharePoint.
It offers new opportunities to work with teams. The Internet created with SharePoint enables different people to work from different locations on the same files as intranet sites and common areas.
Office 365 works fine with almost all mobile devices. We increased our performance and efficiency by accessing your data from anywhere.

Pros

Ofice 365 with all applications I like to use. Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Yammer and other applications, the company I work with my work in my private life. I can handle all my important work.
Ofice 365 can be operated mobile and fixed anywhere without interruption, with the ability to work independently from the device and work with similar interfaces on every device. All plans are compatible with Office 2007, Office 2008 for Mac, Office 2010, and Office 2011 for Mac.
I've been doing all my correspondence with Ms office word for years. I've used all software versions of ms office to date. I'm a 20-year-old ms office user. I never thought about using any other software.
I do all the presentations with Powerpoint for years. I've never seen a better software than that. I get excellent and professional results.
Because ms office is extremely common and good software marketing; I always had good support in technical understanding. I improved myself by easily accessing training documents and videos.

Cons

The only dislike is the charge part. In recent years, hikes have increased.
Besides, the good thing about office 365 is that it is free for students. Maybe we think it might be a bit too affordable in professional users.

Jan michael U.

Office 365 Actually Helps You to Be More Productive And Saves You Time!

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

My overall experience with Office 365 has been excellent since day 1. I appreciate the ability to install up to 5 licenses, the constant innovation from Microsoft to improve how I can be productive, and overall developing a platform that truly allows me to achieve more :) I fully endorse and recommend Office 365 to anyone and compared to any productivity platform world wide.

Pros

As a Microsoft Office user for 12+ years, Microsoft has done a lot to innovate their productivity platform. In particular, Office 365 has tons of differentiated value:
1. You receive unlimited upgrade rights to the latest versions. No other types of productivity software provides this option.
2. The amount you receive in the suite is amazing... from Outlook to OneNote to Publisher, the Office Suite gives you the tools you need to transform your business.
3. Co-authoring - This is not just Office to help you be productive. This is Office that allows everyone to be productive at the same time. The co-authoring feature allows people to collaborate and work on documents together even if they're on the opposite sides of the world.
4. Office 365 is secure. The concept of no news is good news applies in this case from a security perspective. Microsoft does an excellent job ensuring that their user's data is secure in the cloud, and that alone is one of the most important differentiated value.
5. The UI is easy to navigate through, and I have personally taught both kids and older folks how to use Office 365 in minutes. Microsoft did a great job creating a navigation pane that is easy to go through.
6. Office Mobile is also great. As a mobile user that travels a lot, it's very helpful for me to view documents through my phone and still be able to view and edit the rich features of Office. I can't say this applies to Microsoft's competitors.

Cons

There are a few cons as it relates to Office 365:
1. For those that are finance conscious, the subscription model does not really resonate with everyone. And if you want to buy the perpetual license, it's ridiculously expensive...
2. Skype for Business needs to stop dropping users from calls in the middle of calls. It happens too often, and even though the potential solution is to move to Teams, Skype for Business in terms of quality calls, needs to stand alone and work better.

Jeffrey B.

Microsoft Office 365 for Mac users

Reviewed on 2019/02/17

I really only use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, although outlook and OneNote can come in handy sometimes. Microsoft excel is probably the biggest benefit to Office 365.

Honestly the biggest benefit I guess would be from the updates that you receive every time there is an update available. I didn't get much use out of the other features of office 365.

However, I would like to see more updates for Mac users to make their software more compatible with Mac. It just seems a little bit more buggy on Mac OSX also.

Overall I was moderately happy with Office 365 it's useful but it's not amazing for one I don't like paying the subscription fee and for two if I am paying the subscription fee I expect the software to work flawlessly on Mac and it doesn't.

Pros

-Excel Macros: For me, I am in the SEO industry so I use Excel quite a bit. I switch off between Google Sheets and excel sometimes there are things where Google Sheets is better such as when I need to use certain scripting (google apps script) for automation. Other times Excel macros are much better.

For example, if I need to create macros to manage thousands of keywords Excel macros works much better than Google Sheets. Its a desktop app, so this makes sense. But there is one caveat: It's sometimes buggy on mac osx.

Cons

-Buggy on Mac OSX: When I least like about Microsoft Office is it's kind of buggy with Mac OS X. Sure it works fine for everyday use but for my case I like to use Excel macros to automate the handling of thousands of keywords. A lot of times when I have thousands of keywords and I run macros it will freeze on my Mac computer.

The application will freeze whereas if I hop all over onto a Windows machine and run the exact same macros it will run perfectly. So situations like this are not ideal for Mac users. The software is just much more buggy and also surprisingly less little feature-rich on Mac. I don't know if it's intentional but I have noticed that it works much better and has better features on Windows.

Onedrive is slow: With OneDrive, it seems like an amazing deal - for what you're paying for, but the usability was just not there. It took forever to upload to one drive compared to Google Drive. It was not even usable for me to use in a practical way.

I use Office 365 (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) multiple times daily

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

As an accountant I rely on excel for so many tasks and it's nice to be able to create professional looking spreadsheets with easy and complicated formulas. It allows me to dial in budgets and projections with minimal effort. Outlook has allowed me to streamline and organize my emails and appointments with minimal effort. Word and PowerPoint have really assisted me with my video training courses and presentations. From writing technical accounting scripts to creating attractive PowerPoint slides for my training videos, I find that Office 365 has improved my productivity and increased the professionalism in my creations.

Pros

For the price Office 365 is a complete no-brainer for me. I leave Outlook open all day/night on my laptop, usually have at least one Word doc open all the time, and constantly use excel (I'm a CPA). I've been using PowerPoint more lately as I've been creating presentations. The software included is well worth the price. Additionally, and I didn't think this was a bid deal when I first purchased, I can have this software on up to 5 machines! This initially wasn't a selling point for me, but this is so useful for me as I have a couple of computers and it's nice to use the same software on each machine.

Cons

Updates can be a drag. I get that updates are needed for the software to run smoothly, etc. But most of the time the update notification comes up when I'm busy working and have word, excel, and outlook open. I'm not sure of a solution, but just thought I'd mention it here. I appreciate improvements to the software, just wish there was an easier, less intrusive way to notify and then update the software.

• Industry: Design

Office 365: It's got EVERYTHING your small business or home office needs!

Reviewed on 2018/09/22

I use Office 365 literally every single day. In addition to my own personal and business needs, I recommend Office 365 to all of my clients as well. Over the past couple years I've helped several small business streamline their various processes using Office 365; mostly this is done with a combination of Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, and OneDrive. Overall, there's no other or better solution that I've been able to find (especially for the price!) which will give me the power and functionality as will Office 365, and I highly recommend it.

Pros

There's a lot of pros with Office 365 ... what stands out to me as being what I like the most about it is that it's got EVERYTHING (and there's new features constantly coming out) I need to get the job done for personal, small business, or work: I can write a doc with word, insert a chart created with excel, then polish things off with a nice power point presentation all of which I can then email using outlook - all within Office 365.

Cons

What I like the least about Office 365 is that there's SO many apps and options and features to choose from aside from your "basic" apps like Word, Excel, etc ... that learning how all the different apps integrate / interact / communicate with each other can be quite daunting. Although there's plenty of FAQ's and help online within the Office 365 community - I've struggled a bit keeping up with the "best uses" for each app and often find myself underutilizing their potential because I haven't found one single source to go to for straight forward "how-to" info for the Office 365 apps.

• Industry: Printing

Excellent program

Reviewed on 2018/12/30

not counting the issue I am having with Outlook, I solve problems for my clients in the best way possible according to their needs.

Pros

There is an Ease of use with this program. I cannot put my finger on it, but, from the moment you open up a program, such as MS Word, you can start typing. nothing to set up, just start typing.
You can get everything you need in one suite:
Word is for documents
Excel is for spreadsheets
Powerpoint is for presentations
Access is your database
Outlook is your email (although I have not gotten it to work for me- more on that in a moment.
If you are a note-taker, there is One- Note, it organizes everything in a notebook like environment.
There is Publisher, for simple copywriting materials. Although, I like Adobe Photoshop better for this - it is a good starting program if you do not like the different effects you can make with the advanced software.
Finally, One Drive to tie it together.

Cons

There are so many software programs in this one suite to learn. My problem with Outlook is it does not work well with my computer. Ok, I take that back, it stopped downloading my emails from the server to my computer. My service provider (AT&T) does not know how to fix it unless I pay them money, and Microsoft does not think it is an issue. I have not talked to either company about this issue in over a year because I got sick of trying. You may not have that issue, but I do. I now just read my emails from the server.

Cynthia A.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

It is a most have tool for work

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

My experience has been really good so far. It is a product that I highly recommend because is really useful, secure and in continuous development. It is easy and friendly for the user, and the price is not to high.

Pros

It is easy for the employees, customers and suppliers to use and to understand. It has everything that I need for my daily work. The price is affordable for small companies, so they have the opportunity to use a great useful software without expending a impossible amount of money. One of the best things that I love is that every tool is integrated with the other one. In this way, I don´t need anything else. I have skype for conference calls, OneDrive for email and sharing information, PowerPoint, Word, excel for working, etc.

Cons

Sometimes it can get a little slow or the program can stop working for a few minutes. I don´t really know why, because I am not a computer specialist. This has happened to me especially with Excel. Sometimes is because the file is too heavy and I understand, but there are other times when it just shuts down. Other tool that some times stops working is Skype. I can be connected at one moment and then the other just sing me off and sign me in again. On the other hand, the possibility to work with other people on the same document is really useful, but I think that it need to be work a littler more. I have work with Google Docs and Sheets before and it works a lot better with more than one person on the document.

Marcelo A.

Microsoft 365 - Best suite of office / productivity applications

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Me and my collaborators are loving the software it fulfills everything that was promised.

Pros

This subscription service will replace Office 365 and bring new applications and features for end users and businesses. One of the new apps is Microsoft Family Safety, which allows subscribers to a subscription to share their location in real time and notifications that warn them when subscribers are leaving home, work, school, or anywhere else.
Microsoft Teams is also part of it. It is a communication application in general, with group chat, video calls and file sharing and task lists.
In the case of Word, there is an “Editor” mode, which brings much more efficient features than the spell check used in the old versions of Office. The Editor memorizes the most used words, corrects words and phrases. This editor helps to give more understanding to the text.
PowerPoint, on the other hand, has a feature that improves presentations with a voice tone monitor and suggestions to improve the lecture.
In the case of Excel it has a feature that helps users to organize their personal finances. The app syncs with bank accounts, credit cards, imports transactions and generates data and warnings about changes in fee amounts, among others.

Cons

I have no negative points to highlight. So far everything has worked perfectly. I never had to use their support.

Matthew S.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Education Perspective

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

This program has increased my productivity in many ways. From One Drive to One Note, I have gotten a lot of use out of many of the features of this. I particularly love One Note. For years, One Note was not available for Mac. Now, I use One Note to document my personal and professional life. I can do a quick search to retrieve any information that I have typed on this program. Also, I can use it on all of my devices. From an organizational standpoint, I can have many different notebooks, folders, and pages. This is just a small sample of how I use 365 above and beyond the typical email.

Pros

The ease to access your emails from any place is obviously high on the list, but Microsoft 365 is so much more than an email service. The newest feature that I love is the ability to do in-line editing and formatting to Mircosoft word documents that are sent in emails. As a curriculum developer and professor, I regularly collaborate with other colleagues to create assessments and content. These materials generally begin in a Word Document. This new feature eliminates the need to download, save, add comments, and upload, then email another option. You can utilize many of the robust features of Word via email attachment. This has saved a lot of time and frustration.

Cons

The robust nature of Microsoft 365 does not leave a lot of room for cons. The only thing that I can say, is that I have found that the Teams software is not as good as other interactive video conference software.

Nadia B.

For all your word processing needs, look to Office 365!

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

Office 365 has helped me create professional looking flyers, presentations and spreadsheets to share with others I work with and with clients. I can always depend on Microsoft Office to have a solution for any word processing need I have had so far.

Pros

Office 365 is a complete solution for your entire business: you can make documents, calculate finances on spreadsheets, make presentations and much more! I have used Office 365 for years and am really pleased with the updates they have made over time. They are always thinking about what kinds of changes would be helpful to the modern user.

Cons

Once in a while I have a hard time finding a functionality but I can almost always find the answer online. In case I need to, I can also call the customer service line, which has helped me before and is a great option. Overall, the functionality is tip top!

Ayşe sena A.
  • Industry: Media Production

Office Workers' Hand and Foot " Ms Office"

Reviewed on 2019/04/14

We manage office documents from your smartphone, tablet and personal computers in one place with Office.
Thus, wherever we are found, we reach our files and make arrangements.
We use Word and presentations with Powerpoint. The office is installed on all computers in our company and on our smartphones.

Pros

We use imac in our company.
It works well with Mac.
We are doing all our correspondence with Ms word.
With Powerpoint, we make our presentations in a highly effective and creative way.
I'm not bored or even entertained when preparing a powerpoint presentation.
The visual effects are admirable. it also brings graphics applications quickly.
Smart search feature is very successful. We find, read and change what we're looking for in the file.
We do all mail correspondence with Microsoft Outlook.
Even though we are a media design and photography company, we use excel.
We use excel for our accounting follow-up business.

Cons

Maybe the price policy can be a bit flexible.
Less fees should be charged.
Excel is very difficult to learn and implement. And in recent releases it gets even harder.
Microsfot should think about low-level users like us. Should Simplify. I find it difficult to find resources in my native language.
Since the internet connection is not fixed, the application shows slow responses to my commands.
When using this application, I think it will be functional if you have a good network connection.

Phillip A.
  • Industry: Publishing

Need office software? This is excellent

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

It works well for what I use it for. Determine your use case and see if something works better for you. This hit all my checkboxes.

Pros

I love the outlook program that comes with this bundle. I also use word to to type up my blog post's or to record notes.

Cons

Doesn't seem to be easy to buy the software and still get regular security updates like it use to. Gotta by the subscription to get the updates. I guess a prop of this scheme it comes with feature updates now to?

Melissa M.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Office 365 - Can't Live Without It!

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

As said, I am extremely pleased with Office 365. From a user standpoint, it is easy for beginners, but offers features and functions that can add challenge and depth to documents and presentation for advanced users. Excel is an amazing tool for data analysis, and I use the Outlook program to capture all the email, even from other email servers like Gmail. Word is my go-to for basic word processing, but also when I am creating fun stuff for events or for home.

As cheesy as it sounds, I don't know where I would be without Office 365. Certainly my business would not be functioning the way it does, but also my own personal creativity in my life would be impacted. I absolutely drink the Office 365 Kool Aid and would and do recommend it to others!

Pros

I like that my Office 365 automatically updates with the latest features and functions. It used to be when you bought the disc, you would have to purchase updates or purchase new versions. But now with the Office 365 it is always updated with the latest and greatest features available. I also like that they have automatic billing. I don't have to remember to pay my subscription. They handle it for me.

In regards to a specific product in Office 365, Excel is my go-to. Excel is used in my business and my personal life, and it keeps all my data and my client's data organized and useful for analysis. Excel rocks!

Cons

I don't have any specific complaints about Office 365 as a product. I have had an occasion or two trying to get support and the response time is slow.

Joel P.

Microsoft Office - Just Keeps Getting Better and Better

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Let's be honest - you don't have much of a choice with regard to using Office for work, but with the integration of the new 365 features, including saving projects online to the cloud, as well as new layout mechanisms, Office is always cooking up something new. While I'm not crazy about SAAS models, at least 365 lets everyone stay up to date on updates and we don't have to worry about different versions of documents and Powerpoints on each other's computers not working.

Pros

When I first started using Powerpoint in 365, I was blown away by the new layout design options. They work really slick, and while still not a replacement for a professional designer, makes any Powerpoint I work on that much more slick. For Excel, it's easier to work with large swaths of data and delete duplicate cells, and be able to sort. It also makes it easy to create macros to do work - we do all of our fitness assessments in Excel, and through a macro save it on the server, and print 2 copies for patients. So easy! Finally Word: simple to use and just keeps getting more features and fonts.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the idea of software as a service (SAAS). Monthly payments are a pain in the butt, especially when looking at adding it on 10-20 workstations on a smaller business. But purchasing the software outright can be costly as well. We went with 365 for ease of use, and long-term sustainability. No more unnecessary and costly software downtime or upgrades.

Philip Q.
  • Industry: Media Production

Having my Documents available online all the time is well worth the cost of the Subscription

Reviewed on 2021/03/15

I use Excel and Word daily to organize my thoughts, keep accurate records of financial and other matters, and keep the most recent versions available for printing out. Having other products, such as PowerPoint available when I need it has helped me when clients submit content created in it (I have used client PowerPoint Presentations to generate elements for videos thatI've edited for them).

Pros

I like having all the Microsoft Products in the latest versions available to me whenever I need them.

Cons

There is a an annual fee which I sometimes forget about so when I get charged, although they do notify me, it comes as an unpleasant annual "surprise".

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Office 365 continues evolving into a great platform

Reviewed on 2019/12/31

Office 365 meets most of our needs for communication, data processing, collaboration and many other small scale tasks.

Pros

Office 365 offers a truly wide range of apps that meets most needs of organizations of varying sizes. The non-profit licensing model that we use is extremely cost-efficient. The product is constantly improved with regular updates/upgrades freeing up IT admins of the struggles to maintain the software. Office 365 is an effective one-stop shop for most common apps used in offices (Exchange, Office, SP, etc).

Cons

Certain apps of the Office 365 such as SharePoint, Exchange online, OneDrive have recently become a little less reliable. Service outages are somewhat regular than it used to be. Hopefully, MS will be taking steps to ensure the highest availability for a SaaS like Office 365.