8x8 Virtual Office

Voice, video, chat, contact center. In the cloud.

Anthony "tony" K.

Best VoIP

Reviewed on 2016/12/10

We have started a landscape and hardscape business in Houston recently. Just a small family owned organization with big dreams. In researching a phone option, I found 8X8 to be the exact match that we were looking for. The cost was low and keeps us going, but the features are the best. In the world of cellular phones, I have a personalized 8X8 auto-attendant message answering calls, and with a press of one button, customers and vendors get connected to the person or department that they need. No more answering and hanging around the phone at the office. Voice mail messages are emailed to me. I can listen and forward the voice mail to whom I need to handle the situation. They don't have to dial in or anything. The message is an attachment. Also, I get to set business hours, set messages, and control the phone system from an app and the website. The app also allows me to answer the lines and monitor things from anywhere with internet service or cellular internet. A great option and system for my company and I.

Pros

Ease of use, and I can adapt it to my needs whenever I want. The list is long: Record your voice mail message for different situations. Set your auto attendant to direct calls to your employees. Voice mail messages emailed to you. Forward voice mail through email. Make changes through the app or online. Answer your phone thorough the app...You don't have to be in the office to answer the office phone. We have bus, ness cards with one number and let the auto attendant direct the call. Best cost I found for office systems. And you can expand it.

Cons

I have found none. The system works great and gives me access to things like voice mail messages emailed to me. So, I can listen to voice mail right then and there. No need to call in and punch numbers to get a voice mail message.

Ashley D.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Perfect Business Phone System!!

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

We absolutely love 8x8 virtual office, we do not see a world where we would switch to a different phone software. If you are looking for a seamless phone software look no further!

Pros

8x8 virtual office is awesome! There are so many cool features to this software. We have used 8x8 for over 5 years now, customer service has always been super helpful if we ever had any issues or questions. Purchasing new phones for new employees is a breeze, and setting everything up is always straight forward! What more can you ask for? We also love that virtual office has the chat feature, we utilize this daily to chat with all of the employees. We also love that there is a app, all of the employees have this app on their phone and have been using it like their desk phone during this COVID work from home time.

Cons

there are sometimes some delays, but very rarely is there any issues!

Sabrina C.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to use, useful tool.

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

Pros

It is easy to use and set up, they also offer an app so you can use it on your phone. You can easily make calls within the US and Canada -depending on the plan you purchase I believe-.

Cons

I do not think there is anything missing. To my knoledge it offers a way to connect through an online app or website to cellphones and landlines with no issue, fast and easily.
I did however had some issues importing contacts from google but support was really helpful.

Wade M.
  • Industry: Machinery

8x8

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

They have plenty of options within the X series line to meet almost any requirement. Their sales staff will answer any questions you may have.

Pros

8x8 provides a complete VoIP solution that is feature reach and customizable for any business need.

Cons

8x8 support is non-existent. They never return calls and take days/weeks before they reply to open support tickets. Even then the support is very weak.

Good VOIP phone service, but support has turned to garbage and apps are laggy

Reviewed on 2019/01/26

Sadly, after many years of use, I can't recommend it anymore due to the problems described above with support and their poorly-written apps. Their core technology is good though and it would be possible to return to good service and bring in some good talent to fix these issues, but who knows if that will happen. Why don't companies learn how much customers HATE the terrible off-shore support experiences that they have to deal with in so many industries these days?

Pros

We use desktop VOIP phones, the mobile app, and the desktop app. They offer a "call park" feature that other system don't, allowing a parked call to be picked up from any other phone in the office, as opposed to other systems where you only put a call on hold and can then only pick up from the same line. The call quality is good, regardless of which access method used.

Cons

TERRIBLE support. Years ago, support was US-based, fast answer, easy to understand (native English), and always had the right answer. Reps used and knew the system. In the past years it has all shifted to Singapore where they are hard to understand, hardly understand your question, and don't seem to know the answer to anything without putting you on hold and going somewhere to look it up. Obviously a cheap off-shore call center.

I tried their support chat last time and it was worse - on hold forever and huge delay between replies while they obviously worked other chats.

The desktop app is pretty poor. They gave it a facelift, but its super slow to open and use - not sure what language they wrote it in. Half the time I use it to try to play back a voicemail, I have to hit the play button multiple times as it's unresponsive. The "new message" indicator never seems to clear.

I use their web interface to play back call recordings for training. Most of the time they won't play through their antiquated web interface, giving only a spinning "wait" cursor. Instead, I have to select a batch to download as a ZIP file and play them locally. Even when the web interface does work, there's no area for taking notes or anything to attach to the recording for future reference.

A colleague with a Mac can't even use the client anymore because it won't work on newer versions of macOS. Their support was unable to solve. He gave up.

I can no longer recommend 8x8.

Brett S.

Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Now that we've ironed out most of the issues we had initially, I like the product and would recommend that people consider it if they are shopping for alternatives.

Pros

I like that I can utilize the IOS application to receive calls business calls to my business number on my personal cell phone. It allows me to leave me desk more frequently.

Cons

The set-up process was a disaster for us. I'm sure there is blame on both ends, but it took our company roughly three months to get all of the kinks worked out.

Joel P.

Simple to use phone system management

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

The biggest benefit gained is simple incoming and outgoing call management. I have over 70 clients who could call at any given time and it is important to be able to easily view any missed calls/voicemails/text messages so that I can return the calls. I've found 8x8's service to be more than satisfactory, especially considering the price point.

Pros

The visual layout of this application is intuitive and easy to use. It is easy to mange incoming and outgoing phone calls from my desktop. I also appreciate how easy it is to add contacts as they call in. The application provides handy desktop notifications which allow me to stay on top of any missed calls/voicemails/text messages I missed while I am away from my business phone.

Cons

This application can be a bit of a resource hog. My computer is a few years old already and runs it just fine but anything older would cause me concern. If you do not restart your computer periodically, the application can start to have issues showing notifications. I've begun restarting my computer every 3-4 days (for reasons including 8x8 software and more) and have not seen the issue since.

Kimberly C.

8x8 Business Use

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

Overall, as long none of the 'cons' above are happening, it functions just fine!

Pros

- I use the phone app for 8x8 so when I work remotely, I can take work calls.
- I use the desktop application when I'm in the office to see who's on calls.
- Pretty easy to change internal ring groups.

Cons

- Frequently have to re-download the desktop application because it will start locking up, or showing co-workers on their phones, when they are not.
- Frequently have to re-boot deskphone because 8x8 will show I have / don't have voicemails when I have / don't have any.

Sheryl B.

Reliable

Reviewed on 2020/02/08

Pros

Reliable
Easy to use and maintain
Easy to add and remove users as well

Cons

The call queue gets stuck sometimes and it shows a call on hold for like 15 minutes even when there's no one in the queue. I wish I could control the volume of just the ringer and also modify the ringtones. I wish the caller ID would show the name as well as the number. It would be nice if I could make the page slimmer, I like to keep it on the right side monitor and all the way to the right so I can also have an internet window open but it will not allow me to make the window less than 5 inches wide.

Scott S.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

Pros

I help to set this up for my partners work. I’ve had to help run it from our home to connect to workflows at the office when he is Sada lightin I help to set this up for my partners work. I’ve had to help run it from our home to connect to workflows at the office when he is working from here and was super easy. Extremely reliable we’ve never had down time dropped or missed calls. I actually haven’t had to access customer service at all.

Cons

I actually don’t have any cons. And I have nothing to report from their office as a con. I don’t for see any problems at the moment, maybe it’s because that we run a small office of less than 30 people…?

Christopher L.

Very difficult to use!

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Pros

8x8 was referred to me by our IT person and the switch went great. The team that connected us and got everything set up was really good at everything they did. Maybe a little more training would have helped. There price is great however since I always had to reach out to my IT to work within the interface I can't say much money was saved.

Cons

This software is so extremely packed with different items to choose from and to maneuver around within the system to make any changes is definitely challenging. I wanted to simply forward to phones one weekend which should be an easy process but it involved so many steps that I had to get our IT involved which in turn cost us money of course.

Bethany T.

We switched to a new phone system because of flaws in 8x8

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

Not the worst but not the best phone system

Pros

It has all the functions that are desirable in a phone system. Calls, IMs, faxing, etc. It is a classic phone system that can meet your minimum requirements and the dial-in app for creating meetings works well.

Cons

Our company switched to a new phone system because we would have frequent dropped calls and the IMs would not notify when a message was sent until hours later.

Dan O.

Useful Product, but Suffers from QA Issues

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

Useful product that could use some additional QA TLC

Pros

Virtual Office includes a good number of features and options to link in to my phone, such as online chat, messaging, VM, Fax, and in-app meeting invites. The product is getting some attention from the dev staff in-house and new features are being rolled out at a reasonable pace.

Cons

There is a disparity between the "Classic" version and "New Look" in which features disappear from one to other. So you need to choose between a full featured app with an old clunky UI or a slick UI with limited features. We also suffer from frequent disconnects from the messaging service. As a result, we would often receive messages sent a day or more earlier.

Jessica C.

Good for working from home

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Pros

I like that I can easily use 8x8 Virtual Office from my cell phone when I am working from home. It is easy to download and use the app.

Cons

I do not like that 8x8 has so many glitches. Sometimes our whle department can't use the phone. Also it does not notify us when our mailbox is getting too full to take messages.

• Industry: Legal Services

8x8 Virtual Office

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

Super-easy integration with VoIP service provider, lots of different functions and tools for customization of utilization.

Cons

Can get a little too technical sometimes, which can lead to lots of confusion for the novice user.

Meryl Z.

Very buggy mobile app

Reviewed on 2017/06/09

Would love for the app to be optimized.

Pros

Really like the convenience of being able to take my office phone with me where ever I am. Useful in that aspect.

Cons

The app is very buggy. It goes offline after each call and if you don't restart the app, the next call that comes in will freeze on the screen. I've also noticed that the calls that come through on the app are delayed. The phone will ring twice in the office before my cell phone rings which causes a lot of missed calls if I'm not able to answer right away. Especially if the app doesn't respond quick enough.

Bill H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reasonable platform for business phone systems

Reviewed on 2016/06/16

Pros

Virtual Office by 8x8 definitely delivers a lot of value in the product as well as resources outside of the the system alone.
This includes an 8x8 academy that teaches basic users all the way to admins how to set up and run the platform so there's never a question. This was a brilliant move on their part as i'm sure it cuts down on all of the smaller businesses like me going to contact their support team for help.

Cons

I didn't have this system for long because I felt like I was nickel and dimed the whole way through it. While they have every service I would need in a traditional PBX, and at a much cheaper price than a traditional price, I've found other SaaS offer pretty much the same product at a better value for the small team I have.
I've noticed a couple of other services I've tried are fairly plug-in-play, meaning quick and easy setup with straightforward prompts to get you going in no time. With a service this large and comprehensive, I don't blame them for this, but it wasn't necessarily a fit for my team's needs.

Great Voip service, can route to smartphone and originate smartphone calls appeariong as...

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

Pros

great flexibility for hardware and portability to personal smartphones

Cons

occasionally one phone extension locks up, but is same single user phone so perhaps it is the physical phone

Linda H.

Not great for online meetings

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

It is useful as desktop app but not good for the audio portion on staff meetings

Pros

It works on multiple platforms (phone and laptop)

Cons

when using for online meetings, the audio cuts out and echos

Some hiccups with UI -- otherwise seamless

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Overall, I'd recommend the process solely due to the great customer support. Once you get your ideal settings -- stick with them.

Pros

Easy to communicate with co-workers. Made it easy to work from home and take calls from my cell phone as opposed to desk phone.

Cons

Some hiccups with the UI and settings slow down the work process.

Use this software everyday for calls.

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

Voicemail, voice calls, monitoring, call recording, soft phone

Pros

I like that it is virtual and does not require a physical phone, I also like that it works with any of the browsers I choose to use.

Cons

Pretty outdated as far as style, my software personally is very buggy, but could be related to my PC

Steven B.

The use of the 8x7

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

It has been very useful to me in my day to day life at work.

Pros

I like that it has allowed everyone in our company to be connected and is very useful with doing phone transfers.

Cons

That there aren't too many features to help manage the average office life besides connecting everyone.

Carl C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Behind the curve on features and below par on customer service.

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

As a manager for an inbound tech support call center, 8x8 did a decent job accomplishing most of what we needed. It allowed us to answer calls, manage queue schedules and priorities, etc. The agent interface was easy to use, but the admin interface was fairly difficult and required some sort of a programming background to make full use of it. The biggest problem with 8x8 is its lack of features such as: automated reporting and live metric dashboards. Also, the email client was difficult to use and was very glitchy sometimes resulting in losing emails. The customer service was also below par. Most of the times that I called in, the agent on the other side, did not know the answer and took way too much time to get back to me (if they did). In a span of 6 months, I was assigned 3 different customer success managers making it confusing on who my go-to person was. We eventually stopped using 8x8 and went with a newer competitor that was in front of the pack in terms of features and quality.

Pros

It's a cloud solution allowing you to employ remote call center agents

Cons

The worst part was the lack of support especially when things were down. Most of my agents used the word 'hate' when it came to the email interface.

great for offices of 5-15

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

our experience was mixed.
At the start of the service, it was great. We had a small group of number and users.
as our company grew, the service could not keep up with our needs and the changing communications environment (video conference integration)

Pros

Great software to use for smaller to mid-size offices
limited functionality means there is less to mess-up

Cons

Several outages that impacted their support group and our phones
limited functionality when it came to routing calls across groups and attempting to integrate video conferencing equipment

Glenn L.

*8*8 allows our entire staff to view messages make and save calls and so much more!

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

8*8 allows our employees more function ability to work from just about anywhere, whether it is for work or pleasure or just to stay updated with the ongoings in the office

Pros

The ease of 8*8 for our office is incredible. The entire staff uses it daily as it has become our virtual offices. It is great for our employees who travel.

Cons

In the short period of time that we have had it, many employees claim that it freezes quite often, specifically those with android phones. The Customer service team has been helpful with idea and suggestions . We think this is just temporary.