4,5
Megan H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Quality and Functionality

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

Guru is an amazing tool and it has made my life so much easier! I enjoy using it and the reports feature is great (I just need more time to figure out the best report for me)

Pros

Ease of use when booking projects. The ability to move projects by dragging and dropping without loosing vital information in the process. Visibility to stakeholders without compromising the details of the project. The ability to customize schedules and access to separate functions of the application.

Cons

I would like to be able to copy and past the projects from one resource to another.
I would like to be able to link projects together so when I move a linked project it moves all of those that are linked. So we have a project but also travel, preperation, and reporting. If we could link all four together, this would be a great feature!
Need more functionality using mobile devices, cannot change the color of a project while using mobile phone.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Megan

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can definitely copy and paste bookings from one resource/date to another. Just use SHIFT+drag to duplicate a booking :)

You can also edit the colour of your projects whilst on a mobile device. You can do this in the Projects section or view the Schedule. Please let me know if you're having difficulty with this and I'll be happy to help you with it!

I also wanted to let you know that we do have plans for a dependencies feature in future. Can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news.

I hope this helps! Please don't be a stranger if there's anything else we can do for you :)

Simon M.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Couldn't run the team without it

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Excellent. All our interactions with the team have been fast and successful. They clearly love the product and the work they do.

Pros

It's fast and intuitive and I am able to see at a glance and report on all of my team's​ assignments and accurately schedule all their time.

Cons

Reporting aspect. Stock reports are good, but would like to be able to drag them into a platform like PowerBI. Potentially via scheduled export to CSV or similar. Would also like some more customisation​ such as more leave types and an option to backup and restore information. Finally, audit tracking - who made what change.

Spencer A.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Great scheduling app for teams

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/02/24

We have a team of 15+ individuals who all have different work/ vacation schedules, commitment levels, and weekly to daily workloads. We use ResourceGuru to organize all of this information into a simple, clean format that is easy to read and quick to update. The main component that we use every week is tracking team member's availability to take on more work (or if they're overloaded and need help). We accomplish this by using the "clients" toggle field, which we set up with levels of availability (Available, Partly Busy, Mostly Busy, and Fully Booked) with colors associated with them (green to red). That way, in one glance, we can see who needs work, and who has too much and could use some help. It's a bit of a work-around, but RG is by far the best platform we've found to accomplish this simple task.

Pros

The user interface is very intuitive and it is easy to scroll through the entire team's schedule for the week.

Cons

The cost is considerable, but if your team needs something beyond Outlook calendar to view everyone's schedules in one place, it's a great option for that. I wish there was more compatibility between our Outlook calendars and RG though. Often it feels like we need to have duplicate information in both places.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Spencer

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to check in to make sure you knew about the availability bars? It sounds like you're using a workaround to highlight when people are available, but the availability bars will give you excellent visibility of when each of your resources has availability, right there on the schedule. You can learn about using them here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942098-using-the-availability-bar

I hope this helps! If you have any questions at any point please don't be a stranger - we're always very keen to help.

Markus S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Ou daily challange for organising and planning multiple teams and projects

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

As already written before, we are managing several teams and projects with the tool. It is our main tool, to organise the day to day work and do long term planning. We build an interface into our financial tools, to have an automated process to align budgets with the planning!

Pros

We like the easy to use approach and the overall visibility
Very important is the cooperation and management of a single resource with multiple people. To reduce the risk of double bookings or gaps...

Cons

There is very little what is not optimal. We are happy that overtime is possible now... but maybe a bit more reporting functionality would be good.. not as "extracts" more online!

and if I could whish for something, the integration into JIRA is something we would need!

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Markus

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can quickly and easily connect Resource Guru with Jira using our Zapier integration, and you don't need any programming skills to do this :) You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app And you can find the Resource Guru/Jira specific integration page just here: https://zapier.com/apps/jira/integrations/resource-guru

Alternatively we also offer an API which you can use to create an integration if you have some programming capabilities at your end. You can find all of the API documentation via our Developer Center here https://app.resourceguruapp.com/developers/

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Reshma H.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications

SM user

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

As mentioned I have implement RG to both my previous and current working places. Its easy and simple, no complications, not clumpy.
I use RG on a daily basis to book my whole team's daily tasks.

Pros

Easy to use, simple for all team members. Looks visibly pleasing.
I have implemented Resource Guru to my previous and current working places.
Very good value for money.

Cons

Needs to have an action for users to click once they have completed the task. I have been waiting for this for a few years now.
Still not very mobile friendly.

Dale M.

Fantastic tool

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Excellent. It has been a fantastic tool for our lean, high-performance business.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to use, efficient. Simplified our weekly and monthly production planning radically, allowing us to focus more effort on forecasting production load, maintaining workload balance and ensuring good capacity to execute our projects.

Cons

Doesn't yet have the ability to set recurring events. Drag and drop functions are sometimes unstable, particularly with cloud syncing.

Pedro D.

Resource Management Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Overall the solution is very robust and solid at what it does. It has been used for over 5+ years and does it job well. I would like to see a bit more is product feature evolution in terms of workflow management/triggers as mentioned.

Pros

The filtering capabilities allows different user roles to manage their teams easily and also find relevant skills in the agency. Many people have hidden skills and talents and having them searchable allows us to tap into these.

Cons

I would like to see more API integration efforts made into other applications.
I would like to see workflow triggers to handle people picking up work (validation) or not picking up work because they haven't been briefed in (trigger notification to manager) to help actually manage the validation of the acceptable of work by the individuals instead of having to follow up. This would remove a lot of chasing and admin.

Brent J.
Industry: E-Learning

Maintaining High Resource Utilization through Coordination and Resource Guru

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

Overall Resource Guru has significantly contributed to our ability to schedule, review and plan our resources. We have increased our overall utilization of resources by using this product.

Pros

We like the ability to visualize our employee utilization on a company-wide basis while being able to generate other utilization views by department and resource type. This helps us determine any utilization gaps and plan for cross utilization to ensure overall high utilization of our resources.

Cons

I would like to see a few more customization features for how the system currently treats over-bookings. We would like to be able to over-book resources and it show their utilization at 100%+ rather than it showing the conflict and a lower utilization until the over-allocation is corrected.

Matthew D.
Industry: Computer Software

Resource Guru - How its helped the day-to-day operation

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Overall it's been a great experience and helped me and my team better operate our day-to-day tasks and ability to manage our staff and projects.

It's a tool I've used for a few years now and do not see us looking back.

Pros

Ease of use - loved the beta version and very happy that is now the standard. Easy to update multiple days on the fly and saves as you go.

Great feature of saving teams/groups so I can see a quick look without having to multi click.

Cons

Only thing I can say is I wish there was a better way to export reports from the software, possibly export into excel where I can print out the relevant information.

Response from Resource Guru

Thanks Matt - Did you realise you can download reports as an excel file. https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942087-using-the-downloaded-reports

Hope that makes your life easier :)

Cheers, Percy

Fauzi A.
Industry: Media Production

Resource Guru Makes My Daily Life Easier

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

Pros

I really love that it'll remind me what my schedule is like the night before I sleep. I feel at ease before I go to bed :) thank you!

Cons

I am not toop sure if there is such a feature already. However, it'll be best if I can match my personal calendars on match on Resourece Guru as well. I am an influencer and a writer. Therefore my hectic schedules may clash in and outside of work.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Fauzi,

thanks for sharing your feedback! You could subscribe to your Resource Guru bookings from your external calendar if you'd like to, because we currently offer a one way calendar sync feature which lets you send your Resource Guru bookings to an external calendar such as Outlook - you can find a walkthrough here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942091-syncing-resource-guru-events-with-your-calendar

I hope this helps to clarify things for you, but please let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be more than happy to help.

Michelle

Kevin A.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Great for organizing teams of people and the resources they use

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

A vast improvement to the spreadsheet our organization used to use to schedule employees

Pros

User interface very easy to use, filtering options (for example showing only people, resources or any combination desired) very helpful, great way to see your whole team's at-a-glance schedule

Cons

external calendar (ie Outlook) integration could be improved. Booking holiday for multiple people/resources at once very easy, wish that functionality could be extended to non-holiday bookings

Brittany N.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Pretty Good

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

Pros

Its pretty user friendly. Not complicated to start implementing.

Cons

I find some of the defaults don't make as much sense and can cause unnecessary extra steps.

Luke M.

Time management made easy!

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

Pros

The tool really makes time management easy and extremely visual. It does away with ugly excel spreadsheets and with a neat UX, it allows for easy time forecasting whilst also enabling you to easily keep on top of your time expenditure! I genuinely love this tool.

Along with the tool, where there are areas for improvement, the development team are happy to listen and actually make changes based on feedback! I've provided feedback with a couple of times and both have been integrated into future updates - this is a company that listens and constantly develops for the users' needs.

Cons

Very difficult to outline any main cons, as like I said above, any issues I've had with the tool historically, they've been resolved!

If I HAD to provide one, it'll be how the tool works across different devices. It's not especially mobile friendly...but that's me scraping the barrel for a con.

Paul C.
Industry: Internet

Visual planning delivered

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Pros

Visual planning helps me tremendously. Resource Guru has everything I need.

Cons

Lack of integration with Teamwork, I'd love be to see a two way integration that passes jobs/tasks/dates between the two tools.

Ed V.
Industry: Environmental Services

Guru Review for you

Reviewed on 2020/01/09

The program solves our equipment and people scheduling issues. Our staff can book and pre-book.

From a business stand point I can quickly see ahead at how busy we are. I can run reports to see the utilization of our equipment and staff. This gives me some data I can use to see if more equipment or staff are required.

Pros

Cost. We don't have to limit how much we add to the schedule (people or equipment) because of the licensing cost. Because of that we use it more extensively and therefore get even more value from it.

Cons

The pictorial Guru and daily saying I like personally, but I have heard the comments from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that it takes away from the professional feel of the program.

Kiley S.

Resource Guru Is The Way Forward

Reviewed on 2020/02/10

Have really loved using this software. It's been user friendly, informative, detailed and is a great platform to organise and structure work within out agency. I love the step by step guides when new features have been added and how the support team is readily available when-ever we need assistance.

Pros

I love how easily it allows one to pull reports and distribute work around the agency. You're able to trace ALL activity on the system so accountability becomes very simple. RG has helped us manage and allocate projects and work better

Cons

It would be great if RG could have reoccurring tasks as many of the projects we schedule are on a weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis. I do understand that this is a feature the dev team are looking into, so we look forward to that becoming a live feature.

Tom M.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Useful scheduling tool

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

Pros

How easy and intuitive it is to use, makes planning and reporting of daily tasks very simple.

Cons

Availability scheduling is in 30 minute increments, which makes it tricky for adjusting. The option for a custom setting (perhaps to account for 15 minute intervals or custom) would be helpful, though I appreciate this may be difficult!

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Tom - thanks for the positive review. Just FYI if you want to add increments other than 30 minutes, you can do this but you just need to type in the values. Hope that helps :)

Trevor S.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Fast and Exciting

Reviewed on 2020/01/15

Knowing where you should be and when without pestering managers who have enough on their plates.

Pros

Since the last update Guru has become a faster online resource that I can't be without. I know where I should be and where my equipment is at anytime of day, where the spare car is and when my training is without wasting time on phone calls to my manager who becomes busier by the day.

Cons

Would be great to see the whole month in one go instead of having to keep scrolling.

Régis C.
Industry: Graphic Design

Really good software

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Pros

Easy of use
Clear and simple interface
Reports

Cons

Extensions to third party software
Only classic planning view, it could be useful to have a capacity view

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Regis! I wanted to follow up on your review to mention we do have an availability bar that you can toggle on or off, which shows capacity. You can find some more information about that here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942098-using-the-availability-bar

This is hidden by default to de-clutter the schedule, but might be useful to you!

Cheers,
Kayla

Belinda D.
Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 2019/12/15

It allows us to readily document hours worked on each project. It would help to link it to Trello and a time tracker such as Toggl, or to add it's own time tracker, so instead of documenting retrospectively, you can time the activity as you engage in it. You could then compare this to booked hours (ie expected vs acual, as well as documenting a burn down of hours worked on a project).

Pros

It is easy to use and I can readily associate hours worked with a particular project as well as drag hours around on the schedule across different days. It easily allows multiple users and multiple projects.

Cons

We are not quite using it as intended. Some of our team are using it to document hours worked, rather than book hours to be worked. Hence, we don't need reminders about overbooking. These are a little irritating.

Stuart T.

Easy to use GURU

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

have used it for a few years - we find it as our main scheduling tool throughout the agency.

Pros

Resource Guru is easy to use, control and make amendments.
We find it very easy to reach jobs through the agency and reallocate where needed.

Cons

It would be amazing if you could complete a boob when done - a tick box for similar for others uses to see if a job has been completed.

Jeff D.
Industry: Civil Engineering
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Simplified Resource Mgmt

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Very positive

Pros

Ease of Use, User interface, Visual appearance, cost

Cons

Filters don't transfer to reports, need a search function

Katherine P.
Industry: Environmental Services

Great Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

We can now schedule nationally, and look company wide at who is busy and who is not. Originally we only scheduled in each state, which meant you didn't have visibility over the entire company.

Pros

Resource Guru is easy to use, and is updated to continue to make the product better for the customer. The repeatable booking function is fantastic. I would highly recommend this software.

Cons

As a company with a lot of jobs, it can take time to add in or remove job numbers for bookings.

Nev K.
Industry: Telecommunications

We have had this tool for about 4 years now and we have come to rely on it heavily.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

organization and accessibility to a schedule managed by many

Pros

- online so you can view it remotely
- clients can be color coded
- you can set various permission levels
- reporting is accurate
- customer service is fast

Cons

- searching for a specific project can be a challenge with no search feature
- nothing else, it works well.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great product but no development

Reviewed on 2015/11/30

Whilst it Guru is a promising, flexible and easy to use product it really is just bare bones at the moment and they have failed to deliver any additional functionality since launch despite increasing pricing.

The forums are filled with requests and suggestions for highly useful add-ons and improvements that always receive the same answer "It's on the road map but we are working on other aspects of development". However, there have been no new releases and even the highly anticipated Vacation and Leave function slated for October 2015 has not actually been delivered. In fact the only thing that has changed is a change in pricing model that has upped the cost of the product.

So, to conclude, even though Resource Guru has great potential the increased cost combined with a complete lack of development and capacity for integration make it a waste of time and money. Sad really because conceptually it is a fantastic product.

Response from Resource Guru

Thanks for the review Ossian! While I understand your frustration at the low frequency of new feature releases recently I'd like to correct you on a few things. It's not true that we have failed to deliver anything since launch—for more information on our product updates you can go to the "Product Updates" section of our blog http://blog.resourceguruapp.com/category/product-updates/. We are sorry that our leave management feature is not yet live but it is a large and complex upgrade to Resource Guru and we want to ensure it is all perfect before we release it. We hate the idea of our users doing our testing for us.

Although we haven't directly integrated with any apps yet, we have developed webhooks (found in your account settings) which deliver realtime updates enabling you to create many DIY integrations using services like Zapier. We also have an advanced API (more details can be found at https://developers.resourceguruapp.com/). We want to wait until the product is slightly more evolved before we start working on integrations and the work we've done to date will put us in a very good position to do so when the time comes.

Lastly, I noticed that you only gave our customer support 2 stars. We pride ourselves on giving excellent customer support to all our customers and the team will be very disappointed to hear this. Apart from reading comments about features being on the roadmap (while you may find this frustrating, we are only trying to be honest and not make promises we can't keep), was there anything else about our customer service that you found inadequate?

Once again, thanks for the review and I hope we can bring a smile to your face in the future as we release more features.