GoDaddy Website Builder

Website builder, WordPress hosting, and more

Nicholas S.

Godaddy Scam

Reviewed on 2019/11/07

Pros

I purchased Ultimate Managed WordPress Websites in good faith that I would be able to build a Wordpress website using their platform. The software was very buggy, as it froze often while I was trying to edit my work and then sometimes caused me to lose all of my work. In addition, the editor only gives a few options for customization. Most of the content you can put on the website is low quality and uncustomizable. They want you to pay for plugins that may/may not accomplish what you need. I requested a refund the day after purchasing in which i was told that the trial period ended, and the customer service ignored my complaint asking for a screen shot of a frozen screen. Very low IQ customer service and terrible product.

Amazing Website Builder

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

I signed up for monthly subscription and they put me on yearly, had to get refund.

Pros

It has so many options to make an amazing Website, integrations, domain, tools, videos to teach you, its so helpful.

Cons

once i had bought domain and they billed me yearly and not monthly

Krista S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

My GoDaddy Website Builder Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

Overall, I am having an Excellent experience using GoDaddy Website and Website builder. I have received good feedback about our company website which makes me glad I decided to use GoDaddy.

Pros

GoDaddy website builder is very practical and easy for anyone to use. It has several different themes and layouts to choose from that will be perfect your business. The 30 day free trial was very useful to get to know the software and give it a true test to ensure it met our expectations. I also like that it links with Square and provides built in shipping options to use if you are shipping goods to customers.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is the ability to make updates on your website from a cell phone or tablet would be great.

Response from GoDaddy

Hey Krista-

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate you!

Thanks,
Jenny

Jay R.

Go Daddy is Mac Daddy...

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

One thing I truly find most helpful is their customer support team. They are available 24 hours a day and they are very effective in solving issues.

Pros

This website builder was so easy to use. I was able to build an entire website for my financial consulting business in 36 hours. I originally had about 20 pages of content. The program was easy to navigate and I was extremely pleased with the customer support team. They are top notch!

Cons

After building my whole website, I came to learn that I needed an entirely different platform that GoDaddy offered for mobile and tablet apps. I would have to start from step 1 to convert everything over to the other platform that offered the mobile and tablet settings. Since I am a monthly subscriber utilizing several,products from GoDaddy, it would be beneficial for them to do the conversion for you but it will cost additional money for them to do the upgrade.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

GoDaddy is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 2019/04/06

Awesome!!!

Pros

I love using GoDaddy for my website and hosting! I currently have a website for my pet sitting business. GoDaddy is easy to use. Even if you don't know anything about building websites or HTML, it's freckin easy. GoDaddy has a setup wizard to help you throughout the whole progress. If you get stuck, they're customer support is always there to help, 24/7. They have Live Chat to help step by step. Put ads on google and bing is a cinch.Just pay for the services that you want and they will take care of it. The auto pay is nice so you don't have to remember when things run out... like your ad campaigns or security for your website. The price is a good deal also...at least for me when I bought it.

Cons

I don't really have any cons for GoDaddy.

Valerio P.

Create a website without any effort

Reviewed on 2017/07/21

I remember when I created my personal blog I used this Godaddy tool and the whole process should not have lasted more than 30 minutes.

I highly recommend it to start with your website. In case you are not very clear which design to implement on your site, you can also find a great help using this software, since it will recommend different themes and you will be able to adapt them very simply to your needs.

Pros

It's really simple to use, you do not need to know anything about programming. Additionally Godaddy provides you with a variety of images and themes to make your website totally personalized and to your liking.

Another great value that brings this software is SEO help. Following a few simple steps, Godaddy Website Builder recommends you how to modify each page of your website to make it SEO friendly.

Actually this software will bring a lot of value to your website and will make the deployment of your webpage much faster and easier.

Cons

None so far. Perhaps the only thing I could say is that if you are an expert user and you know programming, it can be a tool that prevents you from making advanced configurations. In my case in particular, after a while I changed the settings of my website SEO for another tool, since I wanted to have more control on how to customize my site and measure the conversions of organic traffic to my website.

Heather U.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Makes building a website easy!

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

GoDaddy has enabled my small business to maintain a website to attract new clients that I can easily update as needed.

Pros

GoDaddy enabled me to create my own website with full functionality including PayPal payments. The platform is integrated with social media to make it easy to run all aspects of my online business.

Cons

Nothing! I have used many different platforms for building websites and GoDaddy is the best by far!

Tanya C.

Website building made easy

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

It is a great app for making a website. The process is so fast for creating because all the templates are ready and you just have to put in your information and the great thing about this software is that it is very inexpensive.

Pros

It is an online software that helps you make a website with ease. It have a lot of preset templates to choose from. You can choose any template and edit it as per you information. It doesn't require any coding or anything so it helps a non technical person to help make a website at a very low cost. You can also make responsive websites through go daddy.

Cons

Once you select a template, you can not change any page design of it. You have to go through the template only. It is more limited when it comes to features and customization

Jaclyn S.
  • Industry: Media Production

GODADDY WEBSITE BUILDER

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Overall I have been using GoDaddy Website Builder since 2009. It definitely has been updated a lot since and some i dishes have been for the better like how there was a limit of pages when o first started now you can create me unlimited amount of
Pages on website.

Pros

I use GoDaddy Website Builder everyday and from day one was easy to use.
Love the flexibility of the blank template on the older version which I still currently am using with site.

Cons

Well how the website builder has a completely new update every few years and this last update I did a trial and did not like how you are restricted from using a blank template and have to choose a layout already done.

Grant S.

I love being able to call my domain registrar!

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

They call you when you domains are set to expire to make sure you renew them. I love this feature. However, I once failed to reregister a primary domain for my company and lost it. I called GoDaddy, and they were able to negotiate with the new owner and broker a deal. Thankfully, for a couple hundred dollars I was able to get my domain name back.

Cons

The user interface can be difficult to navigate. Thankfully they have great documentation to help you navigate and resolve your issues. They definitely are plagued by feature bloat, but not too bad for a company that has been around since the Netscape days.

Fairly Easy to Look Professional

Reviewed on 2019/02/03

I still really like to use the program and understand that there are limitations, but it is really easy to use to build and update your site keeping it current and fresh.

Pros

I really enjoy the ability the program has for me to jump right into building my website. I was offered a variety of templates and could see the sample of what it would look like as I was building the different elements of the site. It would give you examples of what you might want to put in the different sections available to add to your page. I was able to use some of the templates and use them in a different way than suggested and loved the unique ability to do so. I also enjoy the ability to preview how the site will work with the user both on their computer or device.

Cons

I did find some of the features limiting in color schemes or in fonts. I can only imagine it's due to programming code and that might be the whole point of these sites; to avoid having to be a code builder. I wish there was more templates or flexibility within the templates to change fonts or colors or position of a text box, etc.

Lauren H.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Functionality

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

The website builder allows us to reach a broader range of potential staff, keep in touch with current staff and send out information to our clients in a more time efficient manner. We love the design and ease of use and would recommend!

Pros

I most like that this software is user friendly to just about any beginner website creator. We just started an update on our site and it has taken less than a week to get everything established.

Cons

No cons to date. We have not ran into any issues at this time and our users have quickly utilized the new features in place.

Shibu J.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Domain and website available for newbie also

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

Pros

1) The moment I thought to go online with my services, biggest question for me was whom to approach, who can help me, what are the steps involved etc. And I must acknowledge Daddy (GoDaddy) was the answer. Though I searched for mydomainname.com but they came up with other feasible options also in .in, .co.in etc.

2) Coming onto pricing - I compared with other providers also but I found Godaddy pricing was cheaper. Moreover, customized pricings were available for annual plan, combo plan etc. And hence I got a great discount over here.

3) Now the best part was website itself. I was just wondering how to get my website designed. Professional guys talks in technical jargons and are charging $500 and so on. Godaddy team suggested me to try the godaddy website builder feature they have. oh wow :) that was more than enough. I just typed the required contents and my 3 pager website is already done and launched. No technical required, no coding, no designing. So many good templates were available which is more than enough for a newbie. Thanks to GoDaddy Team and their products.

Cons

Not sure if we have any cashback or loyalty programs. Am about to launch sequels. And accordingly few other domains to be booked. It will be good for me if GoDaddy provide me some loyalty bonus for the repeated sales.

Jairo C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

GoDaddy Website Builder

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

the most popular and largest domain registration company in the world.

Pros

Most popular and efficient web hosting in the market, it has very comfortable prices, according to the needs of the client, its creator of web sites has several multimedia tools, which are easy to use, easy to adminstracion and simple publication, the page account with everything to create a modern website and with the new options of complemetos and advertising in social networks, which is useful for companies, so that they know their created site.

Cons

in the annual payment plans, in the plus packages, they are a little more expensive than the competition offered by the same services.

Frederick U.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Go Daddy is Great Daddy

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

I would recommend GoDaddy website builder to an do it yourself business owner. No other company will be more helpful, affordable, and easy to deal with. They are the best first step for any first website!

Pros

Goddady's customer support is second to none! Any industry and company. At a time when Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and apple's business model is to not have to speak directly with their customers. Godaddy provides consistant 24/7 knowledgeable support. They understand all aspects of company from products, implementation, and billing. They are truly top notch.

Cons

The godaddy site builder platform is designed to be easy to use for the not as experienced basic user. You can't really create an ecommerce developed site more of an information and display site. It is perfect for it's targeted audience but has its limitations.

Mike D.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Been using Godaddy for 5+ years!

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

I have never had any major problems using Godaddy. Ever! I highly recommend them. I have never used any other website builder!

Pros

Godaddy has been nothing but reliable for me and my company for years! Solid with awesome customer service! I have emailed them with issues at around 3:00 am central time and received a response within minutes! Amazing!

Cons

I can't complain about anything except the price is a bit high.

Andrew F.

one of the best places to buy hosting and domains

Reviewed on 2018/04/07

stable websites zero falls, and everything very fast, I have hosted more than 20 web to date and I have not had problems.

Pros

it's fast it's safe and it has all the options I need to manage my domain and my hosting has everything a webmaster needs

Cons

Sometimes it does not load very well, but it never disappoints, it's a bit expensive compared to other sites but I think if it's worth investing in them

Muhammad S.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

GoDaddy Website Bulder

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

Using godaddy site builder from long time. Have managed 50+ websites with it and all are up and live. I got 50% more traffic on these sites.

Pros

* Easy to use
* Thousand of themes
* Easy interface, even a noob can create a site
* Very perfect and fast to update site
* SEO Friendly
* Loved this feature

Cons

I have found nothing wrong on godaddy website builder. Every option is working perfectly.

Jose O.

Attention 24/7/365 by email(respond in less than 24 hrs), phone calls. the best support for...

Reviewed on 2018/03/25

Pros

One point to keep in mind is that they make daily backups, when in most of the companies, hosting service providers, it is normal once a week, unless you hire a higher option.

Another point in their favor is that they help those who are beginning to configure their site properly.

Your domain administrator and hosting administrator are very easy to use, although I would have preferred to have access to a Cpanel panel to manage my shared hosting. The Cpanel panel will only be available for dedicated servers or VPS.

Cons

Go Daddy offers a very cheap hosting service, until you decide to add some other option that does not include your plan as a shopping cart or you just want your website to have Microsoft Access databases among many other options, then you find that You have to pay a monthly fee for using these services.

In the Ultimate plan offer unlimited disk space and transfer, so far all very well, but for example the databases are limited to 1 GB each so keep this in mind if you think you may need more.

Oscar H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Best website builder for DIY

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

I use it for my own company as well as for the church I manage the website for

Pros

Easy to create a website in a day. Easily upload pictures and make a good looking website in no time. The SEO feature is great because it helps you rank higher on Google

Cons

The only thing it needs is some more advanced features to expand what can be built on the website and some support for animations

Beth S.
  • Industry: Events Services

GoDaddy Website Builder Is Great

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

GoDaddy Website Builder is great for a small business like mine.

Pros

I can create websites and they look like a professional created them. The added SEO and Google analytics offered to boost your website and great.

Cons

I would like to see more tutorials on designing and more available images to choose from for a website.

Kristen H.

Great for All

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

I have built a new website recently and it has never looked better

Pros

Very easy to use, easy set up and there is assistance when you need it.

I was able to build my website and online store quite quickly.

Cons

The app is lacking some features like the ability to customize coupons.

Other than that, no other negatives

Tracy F.

great easy tool

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

i used this to set up my own website i had it up an running in minutes the builder made everything so easy you do need to know a little about sites and web building but nothing big as most is a basic click an done i loved that it was pretty simple because i didn't want to sit or wait hours to have my site down while it was being built i dont have much schooling an managed to follow along and get my own site done in less than a day

Pros

easy to follow prompts
no major website building skills needed
lots of options to set up how you would like it

Cons

need to know a little about computers and how to build a site but its pretty much a basic step by step

Jessie S.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Go Daddy Website Builder was not user friendly for me

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

For years...over a decade actually...I was pretty happy with the Website Tonight product, but when I was told that product was no longer going to be supported and I HAD to switch to the new Website Builder, it was a huge disappointment.

Pros

I have used prior Go Daddy products and the Website Tonight was great but this new Website Builder promoted additional benefits that I thought would be helpful but I never got a chance to use them

Cons

So hard to use! Not user-friendly, very difficult to add or remove content, couldn't manage areas and/or text boxes...really horrible. I actually had a rep. at Go Daddy say I was to tech-savvy for this product, which was why I was trying to make my site more advanced than what the builder was designed to accommodate...that the website builder was much, much more 'basic' but was all they had, so I was stuck with a website I hated!

The daddy of websites

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

GoDaddy's interface is top notch compared to the competition. Websites are always compatible with mobile or desktop options.

Cons

GoDaddy is definitely for beginners. If you want to get super fancy with customization you need to go elsewhere.