GoDaddy Website Builder Reviews

GoDaddy Website Builder

4.2 (1,281)
Write a Review!
Website builder, WordPress hosting, and more

(1,281)
4.1/5
4.0/5
4.2/5
4.2/5

Lisa
Lisa

Want a web page? No time or expertise? Try GoDaddy Website Builder!

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

I have used GoDaddy for twenty years, and I've never been unhappy with any of their offerings. The tech support is so good, it overcomes any possible complaints I've ever had. This product, in particular, takes a huge amount of stress out of my life by making it fast and efficient to provide a website for a customer. I'm actually having problems with the custom website I built for my own company, and I'm thinking of using this again! Why mess with something that works?

Pros

It is extremely easy to set up, enter your original data, change just a little - or a lot!, and maintain. They have great templates and graphics for your use, and some handy features: to do a weekly article, I just copied last week's article, changed a few things, and inserted the text for this week. It's also very reasonably priced.

Cons

As with any "shortcut" software, it was a little difficult to customize. I also had trouble applying a security certificate to the site to get the coveted https at the beginning of the URL. The latter issue was easily solved with the help of their AWESOME tech support, and the former, I expected. If I want to customize it so badly, I've got to use a less "done-for-me" solution - and I'm ok with that!

WordPress

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

They took too much time and interfered with my regular high-paced consulting business.

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

It took less time and had less opportunity for mistakes.
Roldan
Roldan

For simple and straightforward websites, by all means - GoDaddy!

Reviewed on 2022/11/14

Not that good! All added to the fact that there are some solid and more cost-effective hosting sites now around the corner. If money of budget is not an issue by all means go with a more sophisticated hosting platform - such as SiteGround, Kinsta or Cloudways - and know the difference. These hosting companies have their own built-in website builder as well. As for myself, the moment I lead our company into changing hosting and website builder (SiteGround) for this matter - we never looked back. We felt the difference. If you are serious about your business, don't settle for anything less (like GoDaddy) - go for the best and industry standard hosting and website builders.

Pros

- It's straightforward. It's like if you are in the neck of time - by all means use GoDaddy website builder. It's a good leverage coupled with your domain and hosting plans.- GoDaddy has a long history of being an online vendor of domains. So, i believe they are mature in this field. - Beginner friendly. If you are not used to an elaborate website editing and a complete beginner - by all means go with GoDaddy.

Cons

- GoDaddy is just expensive, if not not cost effective. If you have ever used this builder as packaged to your hosting and domain then I can say, it is not consumarate .- At hosting level, the hosting is really hard to navigate an set-up. It still use primitive user interface.- Customer support lacks product knowledge. I cringe over this. You'd be far better off Googling the solutions for yourself.- GoDaddy is slow. Don't expect so much for the speed at no cost. They can offer optimization for you at a hefty price.

SiteGround

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

We just wen fed with GoDaddy's slow but complex system. Add to that most incompetent customer support. By the time we switched to SiteGround - we never looked back - complete opposite.

SiteGround

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Nope. We did not choose GoDaddy, we in fact left GoDaddy. As stated, GoDaddy messed up with their service such as hosting and on-boar web development for reasons that they are not a hosting company before - they are domain registry.
Nicholas

Godaddy Scam

Reviewed on 2019/11/07

Pros

I purchased Ultimate Managed WordPress Websites in good faith that I would be able to build a Wordpress website using their platform. The software was very buggy, as it froze often while I was trying to edit my work and then sometimes caused me to lose all of my work. In addition, the editor only gives a few options for customization. Most of the content you can put on the website is low quality and uncustomizable. They want you to pay for plugins that may/may not accomplish what you need. I requested a refund the day after purchasing in which i was told that the trial period ended, and the customer service ignored my complaint asking for a screen shot of a frozen screen. Very low IQ customer service and terrible product.

• Industry: Wholesale

Excellent website builder

Reviewed on 2024/03/22

Pros

Easy to use, up and running in minutes!!!

Cons

I have no complaints to far, it has all the tools you need to start advertising your services!

Kayla

A simple tool for small business owners

Reviewed on 2023/12/19

Overall I love this product and have recommended it to various other small business owners that also used it as their first website!

Pros

GoDaddy was the easiest tool for me to use when I first set up my business and needed a website builder. It's user-friendly, simple, and very inexpensive for the value you get.

Cons

The email marketing integration was complicated for me and I never ended up using it.

Wix

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Wix was more complicated and I didn't have the expertise to properly use it. It was also more expensive.
Tramayne

Not the cheapest but it gets the job done

Reviewed on 2023/10/30

When I find something cheaper, i will leave them. Yottled is better.

When I find something cheaper, i will leave them. Yottled is better.

Pros

Its easy to use. I can just load in my info with minimal effort.

Cons

Its on the higher end of the website builders. you have to pay for all the extras.

Wix and Yottled

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

It was cheap when i started out years ago. Now, not so much.
Isaac
Isaac

Affordable Quality

Reviewed on 2023/11/11

Very, very good experience with the product. It distinctly underperforms in a couple areas, but those are not vital for most needs.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive design, lots of content options, very good at representing final product. Good support when needed. Secure from attacks.

Cons

Integrations require technical knowledge, many of them are not put in well and require some hard coding knowledge to deal. The customization options are limited.

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Squarespace has a terrible UI when I used it last. They are very good looking, but painful to work the behind the scenes in the design.
Angela
Angela

Go Daddy Makes It Easier!

Reviewed on 2024/04/30

Pros

Go Daddy didn’t only help me with the name Of my company also that gave me the tools to build my website as well as helping in the choice of my domain!

Cons

The only problem I had was finding time to complete the process on my own

Obaid

The best website builder

Reviewed on 2024/06/06

Pros

Godaddy is very easy to use and super convenient. The websites look amazing when done and you can easily add google analytics and other third party apps to monitor traffic. Very convenient.

Cons

everything, very easy to use. You can choose from several templates and make a great website.

Rilwan
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Nice selection of modern templates

Reviewed on 2024/05/18

Pros

The ease to build a website on the platform is the selling point. The other will be the nicely designed and in trend templates that you can choose from for your website.

Cons

So far, the only con will be the pricing as its a bit on the expensive site.

Cheikh
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

GoDaddy easiest and powerful website builder

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

Godaddy Website Builder has made it easy for me to work with my clients.

Godaddy Website Builder has made it easy for me to work with my clients.

Pros

GoDaddy Website Builder has a simple, intuitive and very easy to set up format.

With Godaddy Webside Builder, I create sites for my customers very quickly, as there are usually only a few templates and many options.

For a professional and attractive site, Godaddy Webside Builder is the best.

I love the interface, website and page templates, which is why I recommend Godaddy Webside Builder.

It also offers beautiful, simplified templates and formats.

Also, with GoDaddy's editing interface, you can see your site on the left side of the screen when I edit my pages and sections.

Isn't that impressive?

Cons

Although Godaddy Webside Builder is a good website builder, it sometimes has flaws that need to be addressed.

I suggest multiplying "action buttons" to a section that I find important and that is missing in the interface.

The preview is not really at its best and sometimes changes the site.

Some of the layout features were limited so a beginner will have problems unless you are a good coder.

The download speed is sometimes slow and it's annoying when you're focused.

ClickFunnels

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

The price at ClickFunnels is quite expensive for me.

ClickFunnels

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Older, more popular, and in my opinion more good
Ashley
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

GoDaddy for Non-Profits

Reviewed on 2021/10/25

It has been a positive experience, because even if we encounter challenges, the customer service aspect is great. Usually the challenges are on our end, and it's great to work with such a good a customer service team. They are much better than others we've tried to work with in the past.

Pros

Building the website with a template was quick and not complicated. Most of all, the customer service was very helpful. I did not have to spend any time on hold. I did not experience any communication or language barriers. The people I spoke to were very patient with me, as I do not have a strong background with IT and no experience with building a website.

Cons

The log-in process and determining who is primary on the account has been challenging. In our situation, the person designing the website and working with GoDaddy is different than who paid for the product, and it's still causing some ongoing issues with being able to access rights to modify the site. There is confusion about the primary account holder and those trying to work on the site.

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for switching: cost, issues were unable to be resolved by customer service, and many glitches in the system. Unfortunately with customer service, there were significant language and communication barriers - English was a second language for all of the customer service representatives we worked with. While the representatives were nice, they did not understand our challenges. The wait time to talk with customer service was DAYS to receive an answer or a returned phone call. We were unable to get any help in a timely manner.

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

We heard positive things from other small business who use GoDaddy.
Jess
  • Industry: Accounting

Used to create my website

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

Fairly good. I get compliments on my website often, but it does not get much traffic and I wonder whether a wordpress alternative may have worked better?

Pros

Easy to use to set up a website quickly. Drag and drop editing and nice simple templates that look good on web and mobile devices.

Cons

The price is a bit high, and I am not sure why, but my website gets very little traffic. This is frustrating after two years. It is difficuly to make edits to the SEO

Ease of use - and I brought my domain on Godaddy

WordPress

domain
Philip
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Fairly basic tool with a few advanced features that will accommodate most users

Reviewed on 2023/05/15

Overall a good solution for organizations who want a simple site with quick and easy editing abilities. The templates are fairly basic in nature, but serve the purpose for most things. Some controls aren't that flexible or quick to use, such as text blocks that alternate between H1 and P tags that need different styling. Copying and pasting things in can take a couple extra steps, but will work fine once you find a good system.

Pros

Very easy to login and quickly get to the relevant pages that need updating. The preview mode makes it easy to find what I'm looking for. Publishing is simple and only takes one click. Most advanced features (which don't require access very often) are buried so they are out of sight, but not hard to find once needed.

Cons

Integration with SSL was not built-in like certain verbiage seemed to imply. Had to purchase a separate SSL cert and could not work with 3rd party vendors (which would have been a lot cheaper). Probably the biggest complaint is being "locked in" to the GoDaddy ecosystem for certain types of add-ons such as this.

Amazon S3 and Bluehost

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Easy to use and set up for both basic and advanced users, as the assigned web developer can rotate on a yearly or every-few-years basis. Can't guarantee the skill level of the person who is in charge at any given time.
Tiffany

Happy overall. Best choice for me out of several.

Reviewed on 2022/06/30

I have been overall happy with GoDaddy. The price is fair and the product is worth the money and easy to set up and manage. I had tried several free trial platforms to find the best fit for my business before ultimately choosing GoDaddy.

Pros

This was the easiest software to understand and far as template formats and product integration, etc. Ease of use was high on my list.

Cons

Square product integrations can be a bit challenging. I'm not sure I would do that again. It sounds easy...but not so much.

• Used for 6-12 months

URL that daddy!

Reviewed on 2018/03/24

Pros

Godaddy is an app for getting a unique url extension to advertise your name brand, or make awareness for your organization, social cause, etc. I like that you can pick a name and if it is taken you are given alternate suggestions for name usage rather than travelworld.com it may suggest lesiureglobe.com, vacationnations,com or it will suggest an alternative for a url ending other than .com, .org. .net, etc. but it could be travel.world. or world.travel it gives you many alternatives so that if your .com is taken and you do not want to have to think of a new name all together you can consider switching the url to make it be similar to what you wanted. It also does allow you to purchase the most common used words as domains such as medical.directory. It offers many url endings for professionals, different industries at good pricing if you get them on specials they can run .49cent specials, .99 cent specials it just depends on what special you happen to catch them on. They can add a feature of a reminder you have something in your cart, espicially if it picks up someone has searched your specific domain and did not purchase it. They give you discounts on other business tools or services such as Microsoft Office online you get it for half the price verses if you went to the website to purchase the software. You get other tools and services and a website builder as well. It is great for someone just starting off and needing the resources to get off. They also have a neat feature to put all your social media to one location rather than marketing each one. It has many features to explore and always upgrading.

Cons

If you do not purchase at a a la carte price to have your name not listed you will get ANNOYING robot calls to your number, all kind of text messages. The a la carte for this service normally cost more than the domain your buying. The robot numbers seem to ring your line none stop, and switch up the number when you do not answer. The a la carte pricing should be standard cost included in the domain name. Yes, it may be great to get a domain at 0.49 cent but for the new entrepreneur who has to use his phone to start off this is an added inconvience. Even offering a Entrepreneur special for this service to be free the first year would be great.

Julie

I built my own website in 3 hours!

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

It was great. At first I talked with someone for a while and explained my needs and she set me up with the right package. Then, a few days later, I realized I wanted an automatic scheduler. I called back to see if that was available and talked with another person who told me I had the wrong package and I needed this other product instead. I was confused , but switched over only to find out it was more retail driven, no blog, and no basic info page showing up in the beginning. I was devastated because I had worked so hard on my site and I lost all of my progress.
I called again and talked to another guy who apologized and said he didn't know why the previous person had me switch. But thankfully, he was able to retrieve my old content and restore my original site free of charge without losing any content .

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. I had to have someone help me integrate my shopping platform with godaddy for my online boutique Roadkill Ranch and it was a seamless endeavor. However, I recently became a certified health coach and wanted to get a simple website up. I called godaddy and they walked me through the templates and showed me how easy it was. I was able to build my own site within hours and they were available for support 24/7. I was so proud of myself. Check out www.goodjuju.health

I love the support the most. The staff is so knowledgeable and was able to guide me through some
challenging pages with ease. Now that I've learned the program, it's not challenging at all.

I also loved how they offered a blog feature.

Cons

The thing I liked least about the product was the online shop. I wanted to add some health products to my basic site, and although I was able to upload merchandise, it limited me on how to organize the shop, that's all. It wasn't really a big deal because my website is more informational anyway.

Tiffany

Awesome, all-inclusive, software for home business website design

Reviewed on 2021/02/07

I'm solving the issue of not having a website as of yet. I should be launching within the week though. I really love the blog posts, articles, forums, help center. They cover just about anything you could possibly imagine. Plus they have live help as well.

Pros

I love GoDaddy. You can do just about everything involving the website aspect of a home based business. That you have the option of completely building your own web site, using pre designed templates as a starting point, or having a website completely designed by a professional. Plus, that they do the domains and hosting as well. Having that all in one place is great. Most other website builders don't host or don't have domain purchase options. Another plus, that GoDaddy has, probably, any and every option for the dot name. It gives you the option for a creative site name, just by having a different dot besides the norm dotcom. The articles/blog posts are amazing. They cover so many topics and are pretty good with having an answer to anything you need to know.

Cons

The only issue I had was that I couldn't figure out how to change colors and fonts and get them to stay. They wouldn't stay where or what I wanted. I think I have it figured out now. I'm still in the process of launching my website, but I've been working on it for almost a year.

Rajeev
Rajeev

As a web developer, one can give demo to clients what their websites will look like within 15...

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Pros

For static websites, an excellent software using which anyone without a programming knowledge can launch websites/online stores. This software is good for increasing web literacy. As a web developer, what I frequently do is to give a taste what a client's website will look like and once the client approves, I go for the Starter Plan by GoDaddy. By using Starter Plan, however, only one database or application is allowed, which for the most part turns out to be either Wordpress or Joomla or Drupal if it is a content-based site or the likes of Magento if a shopping portal. The GoDaddy Economy Plan gives leverage to try five applications simultaneously under one account and Deluxe 25 applications. However, coming to the main point, Website Builder do comes handy as I give demo to clients who are not that computer savvy. An interesting use of Website Builder was when a client needed a website for just one month for an event. Of course, the domain name had to be booked for 12 months!

Cons

For those looking for Wordpress-like features or flexibility to try Joomla and other applications, GoDaddy Website Builder does not fit. At the end of the day, it is meant for those who have no programming knowledge! At the same time, if one has shown no inclination to try freely available software like Wordpress, it is doubtful they will go ahead and launch their website/online store using GoDaddy Website Builder independent of a web developer on their side. This is the paradox. Also, it is known that there are features in this software such as if one selects a theme and after publishing requires change, there is no way except to start afresh. However, for GoDaddy fans, this may not be a big issue because launching a site afresh should not take more than an hour. Such sites are usually short with less pages/contents!

Krista
Krista
  • Industry: Consumer Services

My GoDaddy Website Builder Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

Overall, I am having an Excellent experience using GoDaddy Website and Website builder. I have received good feedback about our company website which makes me glad I decided to use GoDaddy.

Pros

GoDaddy website builder is very practical and easy for anyone to use. It has several different themes and layouts to choose from that will be perfect your business. The 30 day free trial was very useful to get to know the software and give it a true test to ensure it met our expectations. I also like that it links with Square and provides built in shipping options to use if you are shipping goods to customers.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is the ability to make updates on your website from a cell phone or tablet would be great.

Response from GoDaddy

Hey Krista-

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate you!

Thanks,
Jenny

Sean  E.
Sean E.
  • Industry: Entertainment

I have used this product for more than 3 years!

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

All in one service or products? I used this company for my web site and email. I bought the domain name from them added an email account and was looking for someone else to build the web site.

After many discussion with various companies, we decide if we are still talking let's have something up so we can start our marketing to the world.

Well, the ease of using the build with step by step with templates that because they are int he same family work well, no conflicts between the software by matching difference vendors this is under on umbrella.

We had a 3-page site up in a few hours that still stayed up on the server for 6 months. product together.

Cons

It is basic you not going to have maybe the personal site as some whom start from scaratch but it does help to start with a templete.

So when you have a budget that is small or you are good at design and want to build your site go this route up and running after a few hours. Ths cost is small really compared to others making your site?

adding third party analisyteis is and issue as most companys want thier verious used and not have a third party dealing with the customer but some prorams ar better than this trmplte types a matter of what your thinking or needs.

Gregg

Great to build your website then move on with your business.

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

The biggest praise that I have for the GoDaddy website builder is when I needed tech support, it was excellent. The tech support personnel we smart, and efficient. I have used there tech support several times and every time I was pleased. I do not need excess conversation or drawn support to extend the call. GoDaddy was excellent in the tech support deptartment.

Pros

Although I am in IT and specifically cybersecurity, I did not want to spend a lot of time and effort on a website. I wanted to get to work doing what I do. The GoDaddy website builder was fast and easy to setup. I can jump in and modify it easily and have it active immediately. And for the cost it is by far my best value in business expenses.

Cons

For the price there are certain things that you are going to give up, granular customization is not there, but I don't need that. I would have liked a few more options on designs, but again for the value I will take what is there.

Daniel

Amazing! building your own website can not be easier

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

With godaddy you have everything in one place. You do not have to worry because you have the hosting, the domain, the website design and even the possibility of creating your own professional email domain.
In a few steps you can go from being a small enterprise to become a great company because in our days having a website is the most important thing in order to grow.
Godaddy allows you to do everything you need to create your professional image. In addition, you centralize all the expenses to one single figure given that you make a single annual payment for the hosting and domain of your website.
It also offers incredible options that adapt to your needs and allow you to save a lot of money.
You do not have to risk hiring a hosting in an unknown server, since godaddy offers it to you at an incredible price and with the highest security guaranteed.
In my case, my partners and I used godaddy to create our own website. It took us some time because none of us is an expert in the area of design and programming, but in the end we were able to do it ourselves, saving us a lot of money.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say, I do not think there is a better platform than godaddy. It's amazing how easy it can be to develop your own website thanks to go daddy

Anne

GoDaddy Website Builder

Reviewed on 2022/12/31

On a positive note, i have been able to create my website with GoDaddy and it has ticked all my boxes. On a negative side though, my domain is still not connected to my GoDaddy website which means no matter how many times i publish my site using my domain and already on a premium plan, my domain shows that it is not connected to any site.

Pros

I truly like the templates that this software offers. I have been struggling to get the right website design that can be eye-catching to my audience and yet professionally looking but i finally found one at GoDaddy. The templates are also easy to customize and the features are great for beginning, intermediate and advanced users.

Cons

What i liked the least about this software is the high pricing plans, the automatic renewals and overall difficulty in managing your website. Based on my individual experience, i tried to publish my website with a domain that i already owned and i was informed that In the rare chance my domain is not connected, to kindly allow up to 72 hours. Honestly, it has been like 2 weeks and my domain is still not connected to my GoDaddy website. I even paid for a monthly premium plan thinking it would make a difference but unfortunately not. Speaking of premium plans, the prices are quite expensive and i believe GoDaddy charges the good quality of web designs they offer but at the same time, It's definitely hard for an average beginner to keep up with the payments in the long run. Another issue that i find quite concerning is the automatic renewal of payments which is forcefully turned on. I believe the user should be given the freedom to turn off auto renewals or cancel renewals. Additionally, when it comes to the payment methods, one is given the option to delete a particular payment method but why does one have to contact customer care to remove the payment method? Moreover, instead of having to contact customer care via call, i believe there should also be an email where one can properly articulate his or her particular issue to the company.

Nick
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Allowing Amateurs to Make Sites Like Professionals

Reviewed on 2022/04/26

For a relatively small non-profit business with a budget that relies on donations and minimal fees to make ends meet, we don't have the luxury of hiring consulting firms or IT specialists to design, create, and maintain our website. Without the services offered by GoDaddy, we would not have an Internet presence outside of social media. Thanks to GoDaddy, we are able to maintain a site that looks professional, allows for contributions and donations, provides updates to our supporters, and instills confidence in potential clients, their families, and our referral sources. I have spoken to colleagues at conferences and other events who either have no website or have the most basic of sites, and I have referred each of them to GoDaddy. GoDaddy's Website Builder--and its remarkably low pricing--removes any excuse for not having a well-polished site.

Pros

The best part about GoDaddy's Website Builder for our organization is the simplicity of the setup. We are able to make and maintain a professional website without employing an IT specialist. We have a great staff who are very creative and are able to produce amazing content. However, without GoDaddy, that content would likely never see the light of day. GoDaddy is so simple to use that it lets our staff create page after page of engaging material despite having minimal if any knowledge of website design.

Cons

GoDaddy's Website Builder meets all of our needs. Perhaps there are some organizations who employ more technologically savvy workers who would feel limited by this platform, but we have yet to run into a situation in which we had an idea that we wanted incorporated on our website that GoDaddy did not have a solution for.